Support Groups - Help I've been living in denial

View Full Version : Help I've been living in denial

Kiwi24
03-01-2007, 09:26 AM
This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" :yikes: Are you ready to recognize yourself again? :carrot:
Well, its a new month so lets start fresh. :goodscale

We welcome all new people :welcome2: and your ideas along with our old friends :grouphug: who have been with us on our previous thread. :goodvibes

We are here to encourage,:club: (just kidding) encourage,:hug: laugh, :lol: motivate :cheer: and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!":high:

I'm Kiwi,:wave: and my goal is to get down to 128 by my birthday Oct 24, 2007. :belly: After searching for many years for the "magic pill" :joker: I finally decided to join WW in Jan. :cp: I'm actually enjoying it very much.

That's all for now. I hope to hear from many of you who may have some wonderful ideas that we can do as a group to help get us motivated. :grouphug:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sure everyone will find there way here even if I did forget how to do a link!!:^:

Anyway, my goals by the end of March is to be in a size 14 Jacket!:belly: Which means button up the 14. I would like to be in a 14 pants also. I got a lot of junk in my trunk so I'm not sure that will be possible! :rofl: But Its worth a shot!!:carrot:

Anyhow I'm thinking about 10 - 15 pounds. :yikes: Yeah that sounds crazy but I'm going on a cruise early part of April and I want to be looking good!:crossed: Besides I'm not so much worried about pounds this month as I am inches because that's what its going to take!!;):workout: :exercise: :running: :lifter:

scalewatcher
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey - I am here.:)

My goals for March are:

Walk a minimun of 10,000 steps a day.
Lose 5 pounds.
Stay OP.I am glad to be a part of this "funny and supporting group of friends".

Have a great day and keep on :D

Butterfly50
03-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey Kiwi No Problem I posted the Link.

So things for me went ok for me since I am not able to go to the store till sat I had to compromise my dinner. I had chili with a few corn chips. I know not the best of things. I had some yogurt for snack during the day and I ended up having a little bit of fruit loops Last night. I think I did well I didnt eat like I usually would of so I feel good about that. I also took me a two mile walk last night . I feel good Now working on day two...

Day 1 :carrot:
Day 2 ?

congrats to everyone who has done well this week I will get their soon.

scalewatcher
03-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Bonnie- You should try Fiber One Cereal. I had it yesterday in Portabello Soup as croutons and it was really good. 1 serving (1/2 cup) has only 60 calories, 1 gram of fat and 14 grams of fiber. I bet it would be good in chili and think of all the fiber you could add. I hope you continue to have success. :hug:

WamTam
03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello all,

I know this is a repeat but i wanted to thank you wonderful ladies for making me feel so welcome here:hug:

My goal for march
Steps 7600-8000
Weight to get under 240
Stay on track.

Am off to doctors need to have blood work for my thyroid and liver. Ugh :?:
Hope you are all staying warmer:flow1: then what i am here!! Was -43 this morning nothing like driving on square tires:shocksn:

Have a great day:hug:

momtu2
03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
what a week. things have been crazy.:spin:
after 5 days of a sick, crabby baby i called the pediatrician to get him in. (he napped 5hrs that day!):eek: of course it's the one day my pedi is out of the office so they tell me i have to wait till after 5pm and bring him to urgent care and see the pedi on call. so not only do i have to sit and wait my turn, i have a 1y/o who hasn't had dinner and is feeling all kinds of icky. we waited for an hour! ugh! anyway, ds has ear infection, we got some antibiotics and hopefully in a day or 2 he'll start feeling better.
TODAY i wake up to find i cracked a tooth in my sleep!:mad: i can't believe it! so i spend the morning trying to get in to the dentist, they get a last min. cancellation and i can go at 1:45. great, but now i need to find a sitter and i have um, an hour to do it! i call my sister to see if she will and she's in TEARS because she just found out that she won't have a job at the end of the month.:( they basically eliminated her position by closing all of the centers. she did come watch the kids for me, but i felt awful asking her to do it when she had such a bad day, AND of course now she has to deal w/MY sick baby!
i go to the dentist find out i need a ROOT CANAL! i can't believe it! i've never so much as had a cavity before (well before today) so he started doing it and i go in, in a few weeks to have it finished. ugh. what a week.
i don't have much confidence in tomorrow's weigh in. it's been a rough few days and now i'm coming down w/ds's cold.
if you guys have any extra thoughts/prayers could you send them to my sister? she's really stressing about what she's going to do. she's not the bread winner, but they rely on her income and they have 3 kids to think about.
on to my goals for march...
1. 150's (anywhere) by april 1st
2. work out at least 5 days a week
3. do better on eating clean then i have this week.

i hope everyone is doing well. i KNOW we can do this, and we WILL do it together!
tracy

scalewatcher
03-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Good Morning to Everyone:)

momtu2- I will pray that your sister find the peace she needs in this situation. My grand daughter has a really bad ear infection right now also. I hope you son gets well soon. I also hope you have a better week now.

Wamtam-I have hypothyroidism and a multi-nodule goiter. I go for more testing April 2. Good luck with your testing.

Kiwi- I hope you can get in your size 14 jacket and pants for the cruise. I can remember when I was a size 14 and it really would feel nice to be there again.

Bonnie- How are you doing?

Danni- Where are you? Are you able to get on line again? Talk to us, I am having withdrawal.:^:

Today is my WI. I hope that I have a good one.:o

Have a good day :hug:

momtu2
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
sorry to keep bugging you guys, but some more thoughts and prayers are needed here.
my friend laura is 21 weeks pregnant and just went to the ER in labor. please pray that she can keep baby abigail or joshua cooking a little longer.
i probably won't be around much for the next couple days until things calm down around here.
thank you.

Kiwi24
03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Good Morning

Momtu2 especially you! You're right it has been a crappy week but on the up side. We know who holds tomorrow and he always takes care of his own. You will be in my prayers constantly along with your sister and your friend. Keep heart. All of you will get through.:hug:

Scalewatcher, what is hypothyroidism and a multi-nodule goiter?

Tammy, I hope the test turn out good.

haeyu14
03-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Ladies, I adore the title of this tread... and it fit me perfectly. When I started my weight loss journey in Jan I had stepped on a scale and cried... When I took my "before" photo I was shocked at how round I was. I knew I was a little heavy, but OMG!!! I was seriously round! I was living in denial... (somehow my brain was having a hard time seeing myself as getting bigger even though I kept buying bigger pants). But... I'm on the right track, and slowly losing the excess gunk that kept me in the bigger pants. :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Ok Everybody I am not discouraged just disappointed.

I had my WI this morning and I always weigh at home before I go, in the same clothes and shoes every time. At home I had lost 2.4 pounds but at weigh in I had only lost 1.8 pounds, (not that 1.8 pounds is not good). When I got home I weighed again and sure enough I had lost 2.4 pounds. Well, I sat through the whole meeting wondering what had happened. Then one of the ladies said she was very upset and that she had gained 2 pounds and she knew it should be a loss. Then the leader said that Jim one of our guy members had lost 19 pounds this morning when he stepped on the scale... of course, they had him re-weigh and he had actually
(?or not?) lost 4.2 pounds. Then the leader said that they were having trouble with the computers this morning. I think that the scale is wrong today. I wonder how many other people there felt like I did. SO to make a long story short... I am not believeing that I only lost 1.8 pounds because my scales always matched theirs before. But on the good and upside of that next week should be a bigger loss if I play catch up with this weeks weigh in not registering correct.

Kiwi- Hypothyroidism
What are thyroid hormones?
Thyroid hormones are produced by the thyroid gland. This gland is located in the lower part of the neck, below the Adam's apple. The gland wraps around the windpipe (trachea) and has a shape that is similar to a butterfly - formed by two wings (lobes) and attached by a middle part (isthmus).

The thyroid gland uses iodine (mostly available from the diet in foods such as seafood, bread, and salt) to produce thyroid hormones. The two most important thyroid hormones are thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), which account for 99.9% and 0.1% of thyroid hormones present in the blood respectively. However, the hormone with the most biological activity is T3. Once released from the thyroid gland into the blood, a large amount of T4 is converted into T3 - the active hormone that affects the metabolism of cells.

Thyroid hormone regulation- the chain of command
The thyroid itself is regulated by another gland that is located in the brain, called the pituitary. In turn, the pituitary is regulated in part by the thyroid (via a "feedback" effect of thyroid hormone on the pituitary gland) and by another gland called the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus releases a hormone called thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH), which sends a signal to the pituitary to release thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). In turn, TSH sends a signal to the thyroid to release thyroid hormones. If a disruption occurs at any of these levels, a defect in thyroid hormone production may result in a deficiency of thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism).

Goiters and Nodules. Goiter is an enlargement of the thyroid gland. When all of the thyroid tissue is enlarged, called a diffuse goiter, the cause may be manifold, including Graves' or Hashimoto's disease, congenital goiter, and iodine deficiency in those areas of the world where iodine intake is particularly low. Goiter is therefore a reflection of a disease process and may occur with or without thyroid dysfunction. Once the cause of goiter is determined, specific treatment can be prescribed.
Goiter is frequently caused by lumps or nodules in the thyroid, which may be cysts, inflammation, or benign or malignant tumors. The physician can feel single or multiple nodules in 4 to 7 percent of the adult population in the United States. Nodules are found at a much higher frequency by applying ultrasound (http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/ultrasound) (sonography) or computerized tomography (http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/computed-tomography-1) to the thyroid area. Similar to other thyroid diseases, most patients are female. Current estimates are that the annual incidence of thyroid nodules discovered by examination is about 0.1 percent of the adult population. However, the annual incidence of thyroid cancer is about 0.004 percent. Therefore, only about one in twenty newly discovered thyroid nodules are likely to be malignant.
Upon discovery of a thyroid nodules(s), the physician's main concern should be to determine whether the nodule is benign or malignant. The cornerstone for this determination is the fine-needle aspiration biopsy (http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/bone-marrow-aspiration-and-biopsy), a procedure in which a very fine needle is inserted directly through the skin into the nodule and, with gentle suction, cells from the nodule are aspirated, placed on glass slides, stained, and evaluated by microscopy. The biopsy, done with or without direct visualization by sonography (http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/ultrasound), is a simple, safe, and relatively painless office procedure. The sensitivity for detection of thyroid cancer is about 85 percent and the specificty is about 92 percent. Cytology results in a diagnosis in 85 percent of samples, with 75 percent being benign, 5 percent being malignant and 20 percent suspicious for malignancy (http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/cancer). The remaining samples are nondiagnostic or unsatisfactory samples. The experience of the operator and cytologist has a large influence on these results.

Have a great day and keep:D

samanthaf63
03-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I know it's embarrassing and humiliating to see pix of ourselves that don't match our self-image. I haven't been below 200 lbs. since BEFORE the Millennium turned, so believe me... it's something I understand.

But where you're at now doesn't matter - you're heading somewhere so much better! It's a temporary state and you're eating less, working out more, and hopefully laughing harder now than you were previously. Cut yourselves some slack!

We all know folks who won't diet although secretly they're very unhappy with themselves. But you ladies have the courage to fight and say, "I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore!" So what if our current pic shows full thighs and bursting bellies? We're works in progress, objects of art that are being shaped and molded by our determination and dedication.

Sometimes we foul up and you know what? So what? We're human. We have lives, jobs, husbands, boyfriends, children, exes of every sort that can conspire to get us offtrack - usually unwillingly. And the Fickle Finger of Fate can do its own intervention whenever it damn well pleases. We may falter but so what - we pick ourselves up and continue on.

So please don't be too hard on yourselves if the scale doesn't reflect all the hard work that you're grinding in. I'm saying this myself as well when I gripe, I work out an hour a day and I'm watching what I eat and I'm still fat! It took Flaubert 13 years to write "Madame Bovary" and if it takes me a year or two to reshape my world, well, that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Let's celebrate ourselves as a Cassett on a good day or Degas in our fantasies or a one-eyed Picasso on those awkward days. And fortunately, due to this forum, we have lots of techniques and styles to share.

Give yourself a big hug and say, "I'm doing it!"

Kiwi24
03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Welcome Samatha and Haeyu14,:welcome2:

Haey, I know exactly what you are talking about. :lol: When I would go shopping I would pick out something that was to small but in my mind that's what I wore. I was convinced they were making clothes smaller so you had to go up in size. :^: Thank goodness we are finally dropping!! Congrats on your weight loss!!:bravo:

Scalewatcher, don't worry about the scales.:?: That has happened to me but the following week it was correct.:goodscale But it will irrate you because they are writting it down based on what they see. :mad: So continue on girl because you have lost the 2.4 pounds and it will adventually show up on their scale.:bravo:

suz
03-03-2007, 07:05 AM
good morning ladies

:welcome: to our new friends haeytou14 and samatha by the way that was very deep
thanks scalewatcher for the link

In our mini challenge I said I wanted to be down to 156 by april 1st but since I gained 2lb last week I will try for the 156 but it may be more realistic to shoot for 158 I will work on that

for those who do not know me I will introduce myself My name is Suz I live in the great white north that would be Canada eh I started my journey at 175 and now weigh 166 my goal is to get down to 135 i am doing this by eating healthy and exercise

does anyone know where Danni is?

kiwi what day do you leave on your cruise? Size 14 here you come

I better go I can here the coffee pot calling suz:carrot: :carrot:

Kiwi24
03-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Good morning,

Todaly is my weigh in day. My scales showed 177.6!! Theirs should say 178.6I think they round up. Anyway wish me luck!! I'm dying to change my scales to 177!!

Suz I live on the Friday April 13 to a friends house in Jacksonville then we will all ship out on Sat. We will return Thiurs. or Friday. I didn't realize we would be missing Easter!!This will be a first. We're going with friends and they booked it. I can't believe they did it on Easter. They don't have Grandkids.

Have a great weekend.

Kiwi24
03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Wahoo!!!:woohoo: I did it!!! :cheer: I got my Star!!:cheer: Which means I've lost another 5 pounds:bravo: and that is a total of 15 pounds with WW!!!:encore:

Have a great weekend!!:carrot:

suz
03-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Kiwi :bravo: :high: :cheer2: :cheer2: :congrat: thats great 15 lb Oh by the way Easter is on the weekend of april 6th I know because it will be my first long weekend on my new job

Wish me luck on my weigh in on Monday Again congrats on the 15 lb lost You shall be my inspiration

Lets all keep moving and losing like Kiwi suz :carrot:

momtu2
03-04-2007, 08:38 AM
thanks for all the thoughts and prayers ladies, i know they helped! :hug:
DS is feeling much better. still on antibiotics but definately more himself then he's been in a week! yay!
my sister has decided to collect unemployment for a few mos. spent the time w/the kids then go look for a job. she'll have a hard time finding something in her field (fitness and nutrition) making what she was making, but i'm sure something will work out for her. things will just be tight w/them for awhile.

kiwi:great job on your weight loss!!! way to go!!!:carrot:

i weighed yesterday and was....165!!! yayayayay! i'm so excited. lower then my pre-vacation weight! go me!
:carrot:

i hope ya'll have had a great weekend!

tracy

Kiwi24
03-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Morning,

Suz I'm sorry I meant we leave on the 6th which is Friday and then come back on the 13th. The 8th is Easter and we will be gone. :) I haven't told the kids yet or I should say the my kids! They always come to my house for Easter and we I make the dinner and the Grand kids play. Yes and we hunt for Easter eggs :)

Momtu2 I'm glad to hear about your son. I know thats a relief. I'm know your sister will find something. Maybe she could even start a new career. Who knows.

Everyone have a great weekend.

missindy
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
holy cow! I get sick and then I get left behind. :)

I'm feeling a lot better. I'm also more ready to get with the health thing. I visited my aunt this weekend and she gave me some money, so I went to the store and stocked up on the health food (even founf some non perishable stuff that I can keep in my dorm room.

I start my new job on Tuesday, and then the national tournament for our bball team's division is headed into town on and Wednesday. And, me being on the newspaper means I get to be there a lot taking pictures. I'm not gonna complain about the looking at boys who are actually taller than me for once :) But, it's gonna be a BUSY week.

Well, I hope you guys are still doing well and keeping at it. have a great week in case I don't get back here for awhile.

momtu2
03-05-2007, 07:51 AM
can someone tell me how to change my ticker? i made a new one, copied the code, but i can't remember how to get into my profile to change it! lol :o thanks.

Kiwi24
03-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Click on private messages and it will take you to your profile. click on Edit signature and paste the code there.

Kiwi24
03-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning,:coffee:

Danni I think its time for a new computer!:comp:

I had the best breakfast. :T For those on WW here it is.
WW English muffin lightly toasted
1/4 cup Egg beaters fried (this is like 2 eggs)
1 slice of cheese
2 slices of crisp bacon
mustard

Total points is 5 :cp:
Put it all together on the muffin and you have a great breakfast sandwich.
For those who don't like sandwich minus the cheese and spread no fat jam on your muffin and just scamble the eggs instead. Its still the same amount of points.

This is 1pt more than WW frozen egg muffin but soooo much better and the potion is bigger so it feels you up more. Besides nothing like a good hot Quick home made breakfast!:hungry:

I weighed this morning and was a even 177.:smug: Soooo close to 176 that it didn't even seem fair! :tantrum: My goal by Sat is to be 175. :goodscale
So I plan to eat only B-L-D and NO snacking! Plus I want to get in some exercises so I can get the inches off!:exercise:

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Week!:bravo:

momtu2
03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
thanks kiwi! :hug:

you can totally do 175 by saturday!!!

WamTam
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Good Morning All, :)
Just a quick post am supposed to be working
Weigh in this past weekend was down 2pds :carrot: but have been bad with my eating the last day or so. Am trying to get back on track today would like to see another 2 down this weekend.

Will try and post again later....... Have a great day:hug:
Tammy

suz
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Good evening ladies
i know i am late to post my weigh in I did weigh in yesterday and was down 3 lbs I am now at 163 finally moving back down again I got my DH to pick up my step from where i go to exercise since I started working days I will not be able to go to the classes :cry: If i get a monday or friday holiday I can go then but till then I will have to exercise on my ownn One of the ladies I work with said lets go for a walk at lunch so we are going to do that It will help

take care and lets keep moving and losing :carrot: suz

Kiwi24
03-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Good Morning,:wave:

Congratulations Suz on the 3 pounds!! Wahoo!! :bravo:

Congratulations Tammy on the 2 pounds!! That's Great!:cheer2:

Scalewatcher haven't heard from you since Friday :listen: what's up with that? Are you going to prove those scales wrong this week?!:goodscale :cheer:

Momtu2 how are things with you now. :carrot:

I've stayed the same so far. :dz: Its really irrating because i'm so close to losing this week but I can't seem to shake the pounds. :stress: I don't want to stay the same because I've got to much to lose in a short amount of time. :ebike: Anyway at least I'm not gaining!:carrot:

I'm may have to go on the jumpstart diet.:hun: I was going to do it last week but stopped because I started losing. Today would be a good day to start so I could go back on WW for the Weekend. Actually it all works together as WW 'cause I still count the points and all that stuff. Yeah I think I will.:D

Have a great day!

Kiwi24
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say I've done very well today. I expect to see a drop on my scales in the morning! ha ha Anyway, I've steamed some shrimp and have stayed away from snacking. I decided to eat only when I got hungry which as it turned out is not that often. I guess I just like to munch but I didn't do that today.

hope everyone is having a good day!

momtu2
03-08-2007, 08:06 AM
good morning!
it's been so slow here lately, where are you guys?? :p
i've had a good week. monday i FINALLY hit my 10%. i was sooo excited about it. i rewarded myself w/a new outfit to work out in, and i think today i will go pick up the Yoga Booty Ballet. i've heard good things about it, and would like to add some yoga to my workouts anyway. the 150's are sooo close i can taste it! i'm really hoping for 162 on monday. we have a wedding 4/7 and i want a new dress and heels to wear to it! :carrot: but i'm not buying them unless i hit the 150's.
kiwi:great job this week! keep it up and you'll be smokin' for your cruise!
everyone else: i hope ya'll are doing good, give us an update!!!

Kiwi24
03-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Good Morning!!:wave:

I woke up to a wonderful weight of 176.6 :goodscale Wahoo!! :cheer2: Then I got full dressed with shoes on and weighed and I was 179! :cp: I'm finally under 180 even with my clothes on!! :woohoo:

Congratulations Momtu2 for achieving your 10% goal.:bravo: :congrat: You are so close to the 150's and I'm sure you will make it by the wedding! :cheer: I leave on my cruise that day so we both have a goal to work toward by
the 7th!:high:

I got the Yoga Booty Ballet a while back and it was a great work out. :yoga: :exercise: There is 2 disc. I started with the easy one and love it. I stopped doing it for some reason.:chin: I think I just got out of the routine and then it was easy to forget about it so I need to pick it back up again. :carrot:

Everyone have a great day and lets hear from you today.:D

suz
03-08-2007, 07:26 PM
good evening everyone

Just thought I would give quick update I started walking at lunch time with this lady I work with it is a really nice walk we have to walk at quite a brisk pace as we only have 1/2 hr we did it in 26 mins and there were a few areas that were a bit icy so could not walk as fast there it going above the freezing starting tomorrow so by next monday the ice should be gone Now al I have to do is start doing my tapes at home and my weights a couple of time sa week and things should be OK

lets all keep movimg and losing :carrot: suz

Kiwi24
03-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Good Morning,:coffee2:

Suz I'm glad you found someone to walk with.:exercise: Be careful not to get sick or hurt. We've been having some warm weather and I forgot most of you are still having freezing weather.:brr:

Today is my last day on my 3 day diet. I woke up and had lost another pound.:carrot: I'm 175.8 Wahoo!:cp: ! Last time I lost 2 pounds but maybe I will get 3 this time! I'm soooo close to my 10% goal!. I have to be 174.5 with WW and 173.5 on my scales to complete that goal.

Everyone have a great day!:hug:

momtu2
03-09-2007, 08:10 AM
morning ladies!
suz: way to go! it's so much easier to work out when you have someone to do it with.
kiwi: i told you that you could do 175 by saturday!! yayayayaya!:carrot: :carrot: you rock!
i see i'm not the only person who weighs every day. i only count monday's weigh in tho. my weight can fluctuate up to 4LBS overnight.
i bought yoga booty ballet, and OY is it hard!!! i did about 10 mins and watched the rest. i am just not that strong yet. i did get my 3 mile walk away the pounds for abs yesterday and did all of that. and felt great since my eating wasn't so good yesterday.

well, it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend and 60 by tuesday! i'm sooo excited about it. my daughter keeps asking to go to the park and it's just been too cold. hopefully the rest of the snow melts today and we can out for walks at least this weekend.

i hope ya'll have a great day!

Kiwi24
03-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Good Morning :coffee2:

Momtu2 I am a scale-a-holic!!:goodscale I'm on the scales all the time.:^: I change my top ticker based on my morning weight only.:carrot: In the morning I get on the scales 3 times in the morning and if my weight stays the same 2 out of 3 times I change y ticker..:D Then I get on the scales thoughout the day everytime I go to the bathroom.:dizzy: Crazy itsn't it?:lol: I'm truly a SCALE-A-HOLIC!!:rofl:

My bottom ticker I only change once a week because that's with WW and they only check it once a week. It motivates me to see the top ticker going down. :cheer:

Anyway, today is my weigh in day so wish me luck.

Everyone have a great weekend and Momtu2 you are going to make it to the 50's so keep on keeping on!

suz
03-11-2007, 07:16 AM
good morning

Kiwi you are doing so great :cheer: :congrat: i just wish that when i was going to WW that I had gotten the support I needed I did lose 20 lbs but got very little recognition so quit and gained it all back and then some I now have a great group of ladies that I can exercise with and the Lady from work that I am walking with I just need to get my butt in gear :kickbutt: :lifter: :running: :exercise: the eating is OK but i am not exercising other than the walking

Kiwi and momto2 I can not believe that you are both such scale aholics I dread having to get on it on Mondays but actually the "experts" say you should try to weigh yourself every day or at least every other day maybe i will try that see if it helps with losing the weight :goodscale

Well enough about my problems Kiwi do think Danni has fallen off the edge of the world :rofl:

Lets all keep moving and losing suz :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Hello ladies- I know I have been MIA for a week. I have been really busy with my family. I didn't have time to get on the computer.

I read a few posts and I must say I am a scale-a-holic, hense the name "Scalewatcher". I am forever checking to see if the scale is being good or not. :D

I was only down a .8 pounds this week.:mad: But I still have to say at least it was down;) .

I am going to try harder this week to make some pounds disappear.:carrot:

Great job Kiwi, Tammy and Suz on the WL.:hug:

Gotta go now,
Janette

momtu2
03-12-2007, 08:34 AM
morning ladies! :coffee:
i weighed in today, and i'm down 1.5 to 163! :carrot: i'm happy to be down, but i was really hoping for 162, then i would've officially lost 20LBS, and 21LBS is halfway to my goal. but oh well. i had a lot of salt this weekend, so that may be contributing. plus TOM is due to rear her ugly head any second now.:p so *maybe* tomorrow will be 162!
kiwi: wow! i don't weigh in that much!! once in the AM, i only change my ticker on MON. then periodically throughout the day, but i don't count it. it's always up as the day goes on.
i hope ya'll had a good weekend! great job on teh loss everyone!

suz
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Ladies
Just a quick note to say I weighed in this morning and I was down 2 more lbs that puts me at 161 If i keep this up I should be at my goal of 135 with no problem by the last week of july

good luck to all this week Lets keep moving and losing suz :carrot:

Kiwi24
03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good Morning,

Wow everyone seemed to have had a great week on the weight loss!:carrot:
Congratulations Suz!! You are almost to the 150's!! :bravo:
Congratulations Momtu2! You too are almost to the 150's! :bravo: It won't be long for either of you!:cheer:
Congratulations Scalewatcher that's almost a pound and that is fantastic!:bravo:

I wasn't feeling all that up beat yesterday. :sorry: I did fine on my eating I just seem to have the blues all day. :( Actually, I still have it. :halfempty I don't know what is wrong with me. :shrug: I just keep crying.:stress: I'm starting to cry now just thinking about it.:cry: Of course now I'm laughing at how stupid I sound. :lol: I thought I might be about to start but I don't know anymore. I didn't have a period last month. It seems to be skipping months on me. I'll probably start when I'm on the stupid cruise! I hate this feeling.:sorry: I must be about to start.

I'll write later.

WamTam
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi all
Congrats to all of you who have lost :carrot: :carrot:
Kiwi::hug: :hug: cheer up!!

Haven't had alot of time to get on here latly and have really missed you all.
I am up a pound this week.:?: Stress is a wonderful thing seems when i get stressed out the scale soars.
It's cold and gray again today need sunshine and spring weather.
Must get back to work
Congratulations again to those of you who are losing!! I too will join yous again
Later Tammy:)

Danni Marie
03-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Hello everyone!!!!!!!! :gossip:

I AM BACK!!! :dance: :dance: I finally got a new computer!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Did ya miss me???? ;)

:welcome: to all the newbies!!!! and a huge HELLO to all the oldies I have missed each and everyone of you! :hug: :hug: Even U Kiwi :p

My weight journey has not changed, I have been able to stay at 173 and cannot seem to move that needle on the scale, this is one **** of a plateau :mad: but on the up side I am NOT GAINING!!!! :cp:

I love my new computer, it is much faster than my old one which I buried out back with all my other broken appliances..:lol3:

Glad to see all the weight loss.... :cp: Great job everyone!

Hey Kiwi by the time you cruise you just might be sporting that bikini :belly:

I missed you all, :cry: Wishing you all great success this week! Drink your water!!!

love
Danni:luck2you:

momtu2
03-14-2007, 10:29 AM
:hug: kiwi. i hope you feel better soon!

bleck. TOM reared her ugly head yesterday and i've been a consistent 165...i'm NOT changing my ticker. i'm going to chalk it all up to TOM and hope monday is looking MUCH better.

WTG on the weight loss suz! :carrot:

welcome back danni!

missindy
03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Yea!!!! I'm back!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I just love that little guy. Anyway, I haven't even been lurking around here the last few weeks. With training for a new job and midterms and the national championship being held at my school, I've barely had time for anything.

Needless to say (probably) my diet has not been the best. I haven't been binging or any of that. It's just that I'll go a day without eating, and then the next day all I have is crap. I've managed to stay about the same with my weight though. And, I just got a hot new haircut and color that is giving me major motivation to lose more weight.

Congrats on all of your weight loss! I'm so excited for you. I hope to be able to post more on here, but I'm making no promises. I miss sleep! :tired:

suz
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
:welcome: back Danni and missindy we all missed you 2

kiwi don't worry about the crying I can manage to cry over all most anything and I blame it on the "change" I usally miss about 2 or 3 months then get twice within a few weeks Just blame it on the hormones

This Lady I work with we have been walking at lunch time and she wanted to know how far we were walking so I took my pedometer in today and we checked it out I was quite surprized to find we have been walking 1.6 miles so if we walk all 5 days that makes it 8 miles for the week :running: :running: :running: we are walking that in about 25 mins

Gotta go lets all keep moving and losing :carrot: suz

scalewatcher
03-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Good Morning to All- I have been really busy the last few days so I could not post. I have been walking alot the last two days. I went to Disney with my DDL and GD's and did we walk alot. I really did enjoy it but I am really tired. I have my WI tomorrow and I hope that it goes well. I did not eat anything bad a Disney so it should be OK. I think I am probably holding some water right now because of sore muscles. I am down .6 lbs this week. So even if I don't go down anymore that is still a loss from last week.

Congrats to those who have lost weight this week and to those who have been trying-- keep on and it will happen

Danni- Good to see you back.

Kiwi- My dear friend - don't be sad, you will feel better. Remember our strenght comes from the Lord. You have a strong faith and He will bring you through this tough time. I know He has always pulled me up and brought me through them.

Gotta go and exercise now but I'll be back later.

Danni Marie
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
:gossip:

Thank you Scale, Suz, Momtu2, and Missindy...:o It is nice to be loved :hug:
I am glad I am back too, I have missed you all very much! :yes:

Kiwi :listen: ya know I have all this pent up sarcasim and I cannot even use it with you feeling so blue :( Now who can I unleash it on until you are back to your ole' abusive self? :shrug: :dunno: Please do not be blue....maybe your dieting has your monthly cycle out of wack :shrug: or it could be what I am dreading and could come at any month......the dreaded MENOPAUSE! :yikes: you could be "peri-menopause" which makes us women very very hormonal :dizzy:
I really do hope you feel better ...... come on girl I need you!!! :hug:

Scale.......Disney?????? I am so envious :snooty: :tantrum: I love Disney! :love: I could live there :yes: We go every year sometimes a couple times a year :lol: If I lived near there I would be there every week at least :yes: Good for you for doing so well when you were there :cp:

Suz... :high: great job on the weight...you go..you are leaving me in your "fat dust" :lol3:

"If you continue to do what you have always done, you will continue to get what you have always gotten" :blah: :blah: :blah:
USE SMALLER PLATES!!!! :lol:

Danni :drinkup:

momtu2
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
hey ya'll!
we're about half-way into our mini challenge. just wanted to see how everyone was doing. we've a little less then 2-1/2 weeks left till 4/1!! i can't believe how fast the time is going!
so where is everyone at in the challenge?
my goal is ANYWHERE in the 150's by 4/1.
todays weigh-in was at 163! yay! i'm gonna have to work hard to lose 4LBS (or 3.5) in 2 weeks, but i can do it!
i hope everyone is dong well,it sounds like we're all staying on plan!
kiwi: i'm starting to worry about you, are you doing ok over there?? :hug:

WamTam
03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
:D Hi Ladies,:cool:
The sun is shining today but is still cold we had more snow over night. I am fighting a wicked cold right now, the only good thing about it is everything i eat tastes the same;) so no cravings. Am hoping for a weight loss this week!!

WELCOME BACK:wave: to yous DANNI:hug: you were missed..... Missindy you too were missed.

Glad to hear you like the new computer Danni. I have dial up at home which drives me crazy when i am so used to broadband here at work.

Kiwi are you out there??:angel: I hope all is ok. :hug:

Momtu2 you go girl 150's are in your sights!

Scalewatcher Disney I would love to go!! BF is originally from the states and has been he has a 12yr old boy who he would like to take before he is no longer interested. If he is anything like me he will be interested forever. Sounds like you did good though lots of walking no bad food choices :carrot: good for you!

Suz congrats on the walking at lunch I couldn't pass up on eating to go for a walk:D Maybe one day not enough self control yet:frypan:

Must get back to work ladies have a great day!!!

suz
03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
good evening yo veryone

Mini challenge checkin I sais i wanted to be at 156 so that is 5 lbs to go I think it maybe doable
i did not get to go for my walk today but will try for tomorrow

Take care ladies suz :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone- Today's WI I was down 1.4 pounds. I wish it could have been more but I am happy it was down. I am going to make this short because I am feeling not so well today. I'll post again tomorrow.

Kiwi24
03-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh my gosh how long have I been gone?:^: It feels like a blurr.:dizzy: I will have to get caught up on the post but it looks like everyone is back on track.:carrot: I think I'm over my blues. :( I don't know what was wrong but I'm feeling better today:smug: I went shopping today with my DH. stuff for the cruise. I got a new bathing suit. Ooooh la la!!:o Oh I was in a 16 and all the clothes I bought were a 16. I still may be able to fit in a 14 by cruise time but I look pretty good in the 16! "yeah baby":D

Congratulations on all the weight loss! Danni its good to see you back.I'll save any smart remarks for later. :)

Well I weigh in tomorrow and I know I lost a pound but I'm really wanting to drop 2. I almost would have done it but we ate out tonight and I'll be lucky to keep the 1 off! ha ha:devil:

Chat with ya later

suz
03-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Good morning ladies

I have been so tired since i started working days shift my DH and have been in bed by 9 the last 3 nights and since I only sleep about 7 hrs at night i am awake very early i was asking a co worker who went from shift work to days how long it took her to not be so tired and she said it took her quite a few months Maybe by the time I retire I won't be so tired

I do not feel like I have lost any weight this week but the scale will tell the tale on Monday

Kiwi Glad you are back and feeling better

scalewatcher
03-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies :cupgold:

Kiwi - Glad you are back I missed you. That is really great that you fit in a 16 now. Maybe you will have 14 by the cruise. Hope you have a good WI today.

suz - I hope you body adjusts soon to your new schedule.

wamtam & Danni - I love Disney too. I enjoy walking around and it is
especially nice to be there with the grandchildren.

momtu2 & missindy - hope you are doing OK.

:cupgold:

Danni Marie
03-17-2007, 09:09 AM
:kissluck: :kissluck: TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA EVERYONE! MAY THE LUCK OF THE IRISH BE WITH YA ALL DAY:kissluck::kissluck: psst.....:listen: I am not even Irish...:lol3: :lol3:

Scale - :high: on the weight loss! I know it is not much in your eyes and you wish for more but look at a lb of butter and that is what is off your frame! :carrot:

Suz - Sorry to hear that you are so so tired :yawn: and not feeling well :hug: Hope this is a better upcoming week for you! :crossed:

Kiwi Kiwi- :rolleyes: so glad you are out of that little funk you were in :cp:
Now maybe we can move on and keep our focus of losing weight and being the sexiest :belly: "middle agers" around :lol3:
At least you did not freak :eek: when you bought a new bathing suit :cp: that in itself is a major accomplishment..is it a two piecer??? ;)

Well I am going to make my hubby his annual corned beef and cabbage dinner
:barf: since he IS Irish and does not let me forget it the entire month of March. :tantrum:
Have a great weekend and remember Green beer has just as many calories as NON green beer..:blah: :blah:

Danni:goldpot:

momtu2
03-17-2007, 10:16 AM
wow, you ladies where busy this am!
kiwi:glad to see you're back, we missed you!
scale: good job on the weight loss!! remember any loss is better then a gain! you're doing great!
suz:hopefully your energy will pick up a little more soon. i have no advice, sorry.

i had a baaaddd day yesterday. pizza AND donuts. eek. and i can feel it today. i feel so bloated and fat. so no more junk. i'm going to do well, and work out especially hard today.
i bought the 4mile walk away the pounds, and boy is it hard!! but i like it. i can practically feel the fat coming off my booty when i do it! :D
weigh-in is monday, so i'm going to have to chill on those green beers at the party we're going to tonight.
ugh this is so hard sometimes! but sooo worth it.
have a great weekend!

Kiwi24
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone!
Great news! I weighed in today and I have lost 10% of my weight since starting WW.:high: They gave me a Key chain for achieving my goal!! Wahoo!!:encore:

Danni if you are needing some motivation. Take a look at my ticker.:devil: I'm not breathing down your neck anymore. :whoo: Yeah Baby!! I'm cheek to cheek!! 173!!:lol:

Momtu2 thanks for myspacing me and waking me up! :hug: Having pity parties makes you lose track of time!:^:

I've got some running around to do so I'm going for now.:carrot:

Scalewatcher, Suz, Momtu2, Danni, Missindy, Tammy, You go girls! Make this a great weekend. Good luck on Monday!:D

Danni Marie
03-18-2007, 10:11 AM
hello everyone:

I blew it :frypan: I blew it :frypan: I blew it :kickbutt:

I am so mad at myself :tantrum: I ate PIZZA not just one slice 3 slices plus a bag of Cheetos! :barf: I don't even like cheetos! Why :shrug: did I eat them you are asking? I DON't know :dunno: Cuz I was drinking :shrug: I have not eatten Pizza since OCTOBER!!! :cry: :cry: So being at this stupid plateau and now I am going to do mini binges?????????? I am so frustrated right now and mad :mad: :mad: :mad: at myself....

Well I am off to church, :angel: hopefully I will get inspired. Had to vent, hope everyone else is doing well.

Kiwi- congrats on the loss :cp:

Danni :cry:

Kiwi24
03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Danni :hug: Stop beating your self up. You know that's my job. ;)
We all have those days.
When we have those binges its not about eating stuff you like its about satisfying usually some type of emotion. :no:
Sometimes in frustration, hurt, boredom, happy, sad, you name the emotion, we binge because eating will relieve that frustration or other emotion for the moment. Then later you feel guilty. When you want to binge Ask your self "am I really hungry?" What emotion am I having that is making me want to eat? Do I feel lonely and eating will make me feel better? Am I angry and eating will relieve the tension? When you get frustrated find another outlet. Like Gardening, jogging, bike riding. What ever relieves that emotion besides eating.

Does that make sense? We all have them and now its time to get back on track and you will. Because you have us to encourage you just like you encourage us.

Love ya

scalewatcher
03-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Hey everyone- I had a great weekend. We went to the trail and walked and then we went to the Winter Park Art Festival. I walked almost 22,000 steps yesterday. I weighed this morning and I was down 2 pounds from Friday, Yeah!

Congrats - Kiwi on the 10%. I can't wait til its my turn to get my 10% key chain.

Danni - forget that little slip up its in the past and you can start over. It is a new day and we still love you. Come on and smile for me, I know its in there. That's it, I knew you could do it. Now didn't that make you feel better? I know it made me feel better - cause I like that cheery, happy "go and get 'em woman you are".

Momtu2, Suz, Wamtam - Hope you are all doing ok.

Suz- You know that when you have a little set back its ok just start over and you will feel better. Don't beat yourself up. That's Danni's & Kiwi's job.

momtu2
03-19-2007, 07:51 AM
kiwi: way to go on your 10%!! it's a great feeling, isn't it??

danni: we all have bad days! keep your head up. tomorrow is a new beginning.

i also blew it this weekend. i actually blew it for 4 days straight! :( started out good, but ended the day bad. thursday, friday, saturday and sunday.
so when i weighed in this am, i was up 3LBS from last week! i know i didn't gain 3lbs in 4 days, most likely i'm retaining alot of water from all the salty junk i had...but still...it's dissapointing.

but today is a new week and a new day. and i'm staying on plan this week and will continue working out like a mad woman.
ttyl.

Danni Marie
03-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone: :gossip:

Thanks so much Scale, Mom2u, and Kiwi :hug: I am feeling much better.
Kiwi I know exactly what you are saying :yes: about finding out "why" I binge :hun: :eating2: I do EAT when I am stressed and Saturday I was stressed :stress: but, I have been stressed during my dieting journey, Identified it :cp: and was able to control on binging..but not :nono: on Saturday :stress:. Thank you for the pep talk, :hug: after going to church I felt so much better, it felt like Pastor was talking directly to me :D
Scale here is your smile :D I am smiling now cuz I am down another 2lbs. :carrot: :carrot: 171 whoo hoo finally a loss!!! :cp: :cp: As of today I have lost 45lbs!!!! :yes: :yes: :cp:

I hope everyone had a loss and thanks again for all the support, it great to have this support system :yes:

NOW.....:coach: get your butts in gear get in at least 45 minutes today of exercise :woops: :trampo: :swim: and drink your water! :club: Oh and have a great day!!! :D

Danni :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Danni- Just got back from my walk so far today I have 10,711 steps 4.56 miles. I am going to take another long walk later when DH gets home. Did I mention that walking is my life saver? If I am stressed I can go for a walk and it helps me out. If I am not stressed it still is my favorite exercise. I am doing ok today on food as well. Gotta go have lunch now. :hug: BTW congrats on the weigh loss.

Kiwi24
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!

Beautiful day here. Yesterday was so awesome! Has anyone tasted cheerios with yogart strawberry flavor? OMGosh!! I love it!! I'm going to have to be careful with it because I think I could eat the whole box at one sitting. Yeah its that good to me!!

Hop everyone has a great day. Congratulations Danni on the 2 pounds.:p
Scalewatcher that is great about the walks. I finally got fed up with my ticker. It would erase on me or get stuck in the same numbers. I guess you get what you pay for.

suz
03-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Good Evening
well danni i was also bad this weekend My DH keeps buying ice cream and cookies and if they are there I will eat them just because they are there not because i need them so I told him don't buy this stuff anymore

well when i weighed in this morning I was only down 1 lb at least I did not gain with all that junk i have got just under 2 weeks to lose 5 lb i guess I am really going to have to work hardover the next 2 weeks :running: :exercise: :lifter:

100percentME
03-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Hey all. Im new to this thread, but the title caught my attention.:mag: I have recently come to the realization that i am a major overeater. :hungry:
Now that i have realized this...obstacle i am tring really hard to overcome it. I think it has been harder knowing that i am overeating. Cuz before i could eat when i was "hungry" and i was happy, but now i realize that my hunger isnt hunger after all but i still want the food and i know i dont need it and should nt eat it.
Im struggling so much with this.
Well, hope to get to know you gals.
Oh, my name is Hailey.
I weigh 158 pounds (my lowest has been 150, but i recently gained 10 pounds)
I want to weigh about 125-130.
My current goal is to fit into a pair of pants that i can barely button but the are sooo tight on me that they hurt my stomache. lol
oh and to stop overeating.

Kiwi24
03-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Good Morning,

Welcome Hailey, I understand the over eating. I used to always want to eat but I wasn't really hungry I just like eating. Still do but now I try to replace it with something else and eat only when I know I'm hungry. When I go to get something to eat I just ask myself "Am I really hungry" if not I drink water or find something to do. I'm wanting to get to 128 so we can work on it together.

Congratulations Suz, Yeah for the weight loss!

I did wonderful yesterday at eating. I'm trying to get down to 171 this week. That's 2 more pounds!

Everyone have a great morning!

WamTam
03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello to all the BEAUTIFUL LADIES out there, (And we all are):hug:

The sun is shining today we have just about broke the freezing mark for the first time in forever.

Welcome Hailey!!!!:carrot:

Was bad yesterday had been good never lost anything in the last few but hadn't gained either and with it coming to that time was expecting a gain. Went to Wal Mart last night to pick up cold pills for BF and found they have all there easter eggs out..... Was terrible they called my name:devil: I bought 2 bags one small and one family size, the small bag i started to eat before i got to bfs place. AHHHHH:mad: i am so mad at myself.:tantrum: I know i shouldn't eat this but they were so good too. Please help me find my way again.....:(

Anyways trying to be good today so far so good, no junk yet.

I have to go back to the grind, hope you all are doing fine.:flow1:

Tammy :frypan:

Danni Marie
03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Everyone: :gossip:

:welcome: Hailey I love to eat too, even when I am not hungry, it seems that once I quit smoking, my need to eat was even greater seems like I needed the oral stimulation that I used to get from smoking. Ya think all the talking :blah: :blah: I do that would have been stimulation enough...:lol:

Suz I understand, my hubby makes steak, I love steak:drool: :hun: when he makes it I have to leave the house,:drool: the smell the look :hun: are just way too much. I am mad about Saturday because I don't even like pizza and to binge on pizza was a WASTE :stress: but it is over, I still had a loss, not sure what this week will bring but I am hopeful :crossed:

Kiwi- I know you like me :D I know you love :love: me I know you want to be ME :queen: that is why you set your goal to be right with me! :dz: But sorry to say there can only be 1 "Dannilicious" :yes:
But I applaud your effort :lol3:

Gotta run and make some dinner :hun:
I must practice my own advice and drink my water :coffee: I have NOT been drinking my water :mad:

Danni :angel:

Kiwi24
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Tammy I'm so glad its finally warming up in your parts! :sunny: There were times I felt guilty for the beautiful weather here! :beach: :devil: As far as the Easter Candy. Well, I love the marshmellow bunnies. I have to just skip the aisle when I'm at walmart! :o
Danni.....PLEASE!! :lol3: Let me set the record straight BABAlicious :club: Its You who wants to be like Me! WHY? Because like a KIWI I am Brown, Round and Oh So Sweet inside!! :D Take that Yard Sale crown off your head the rust is effecting your brain! :rofl:

Have a great day everyone!:joker:

suz
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Everyone
:welcome2: Hailey We are a great bunch of Ladies who are all trying to accomplish the same thing eat better and less and exercise i have also struggled with eating to much, like the last 4 or 5 days

Kiwi, Danni who two crack me up maybe someday we will all meet and then we will know who the "real babe" is!!!

I did manage to go for my walk at lunch yesterday and today Things are starting to get warmer here like tomorrow mid 50's but rain this weekend should be nice low to mid 50's and sunny

Hope everyone is doing better than me this I still have 4 days until weigh in

suz :carrot:

momtu2
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
hey ladies! not much going on here. i did good mon and tues...not so good today...but i've been working out everyday. hopefully that will counteract the yummy mexican food i ate today:o .
it's been one of *those* weeks again, so staying on track has not been easy.

kiwi and danni, you guys are too funny. i laughed out loud when i say "dannilicious"!! i swear i get the song caught in my head for days at a time!

i hope everyone is well!

scalewatcher
03-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Good Morning to everyone- I hope I don't sound like a needy person- but I am very disappointed in my weight today. I have been doing very well all week. I weigh in tomorrow. All week I have been going down or staying at the same weight. I actually had lost 4 pounds since Friday weigh in. Yesterday, was my day for grocery shopping. My sister is unable to drive for health reasons. I told her that she could ride with me to do her shopping so she doesn’t have to go on the weekend (when it is sooo busy) with her husband. Well, she always wants to eat out for lunch. So I tried to think of what was close to where we were and what I could possibly eat for low points. We decided to go to Cracker Barrel. I ordered just the turnip greens bowl and water. I know it has ham in it but I thought it would not be bad. According to the WW book, I can have a cup of turnips for 0 points; ham is about 2 points (cooked lean 2 ounces). I thought I had chosen very well.

Breakfast:
· fiber one cereal (0 points)
· soymilk (2 points),
· strawberries (1 point)

Lunch:
· turnip greens (0 points)
· ham (2 points)

Snacks:

½ cup of Orange juice (1 point)
frozen strawberries (1 point)
small banana (1 point)Dinner:
· spring mix (0 points)
· tomatoes (0 points)
· cucumber (0 points)
· avocado (2 points)
· carrots (0 points)
· feta cheese (2 points)
· balsamic vinegar (0 points)
· tilapia 6 oz. (grilled on George Foreman) with lemon juice (0 points) and cracked black pepper (0 points). (4 points)

I drank 80 ounces of water.

I walked 18969 steps (included in that total was an aerobic walk 3 miles). I know I didn’t eat all my points but I wasn’t hungry. Why did I go up on the scale 1.8 pounds?

Help:)
Janette

Danni Marie
03-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone: :grouphug: and Kiwi :dz:

I have been doing good this week, except on my eating plan I cannot:nono: eat sushi cuz of the rice :barf: well guess what kept callin my name? :coach: yep the :censored: sushi and I went and got me some. :stress: So my binge on Saturday :cry: my sushi last night :cry: there will be NO weight loss for me on Monday, and I still have to get through another weekend :yikes: The smaller I get :D The harder this journey gets :stress: Please someone send me some WILL POWER... pleeeease :stress:

Suz...I can settle that right here..no question, :nono: hands down I AM THE SEXY BABE. Why :dunno: you may ask?
I AM your beautiful "southern bell"
Guys LOVE :love: me, Women :devil: HATE me, nothing else needs to be said:D You heard :listen: her (kiwi) describe herself, how was that she said... "brown, round and sweet" :shrug: sounds like an old prune if ya ask me :devil: :lol3:

Kiwi :listen: ...There is no "rust" here sister...the only rust is the rust :censored: well lets leave that alone this is NOT that kind of board but let me reassure you that there is NO rust here just plain ol blonde "southern" beauty and rightfully derserving the title QUEEN :queen: now bow prune bow...:rofl: :devil:

Momtu2...I know what you mean...you eating mexican and me eating sushi, hopefully we will still see a loss on the scales, :goodscale: :crossed:

Scale :listen: if you are NOT eating all of your "low" end points then your body "will" put itself into starvation mode :yikes: and this will cause you NOT to loose weight cuz the body then stores the FAT which shows as a gain :yikes: the body thinks you are starving it...please try to make sure to eat your min. points...you don't need to feel needy...:hug: we are here for you :hug: you'll get better results next week....:coach: eat all of your low end points per day if you total your points it adds to calories really, so you are roughly eating 1200-1500 calories a day that is WHAT your body needs to run and burn fat, any less and you will store FAT causing you not to loose.
so please eat your min. points every day ....good luck I know it is hard but we will get through this together...:grouphug:

:blah: If you set small goals for yourself, then accomplishements you will receive, if you strive for big goals you "may" get lost in the sea of, "I should of", would of could of"....:blah: :blah:

have a great day ladies...even you Kiwi, with your brown, round sweet self..you have a great day too....:rofl:

Danni :cheers:

Kiwi24
03-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone,:wave:

Danni I'me not so sure about the Southern Bell. :rolleyes: I don't see you as a Bell. :nono: You are more like an Alarm Clock. :dz: I just want to smack you across the room because of the constant ringing in my ears! :blah: :frypan: :rofl:

Hang in there Scalewatcher,:hug: I agree with Danni, (on this point) :D you need to eat more rounded wholesome meals. Eat all your points. It doesn't benefit you not to have the points it causes your body to hang on to the fat! Eat all your points and your extra 35!:smug:

Momtu2 I love Mexican food. :hun: I hear Taco Bell has a new Fesco meal that is a good WW choice. Its not "real mexican" but its good!

scalewatcher
03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey ladies thanks for your support and advice. I refused to let myself sit here today and sulk. I got on my bike and rode to the mall which is about 5 miles away. Then I walked around the mall for a couple of hours. Of course I was hungry so I stopped Subway and got a veggie sub on wheat with only vinegar. According to WW article 4 points. I also picked up a banana. Then I walked around a little more and started back home. I stopped off at the library and walked around in there to give my bike legs a break. Then I came on home. Boy I feel like I made a good choice getting out and being active instead of sitting here whining about what the scales said to me this morning. I am hoping that tomorrow at my meeting for WI I am down some at least.

Gotta go do some laundry now,
Janette

Kiwi24
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Good Morning,

I have my youngest grand baby today. She is a few months. So cute but quite a hand full. If her eyes are open she wants your undefined attention or she screams like you wouldn't believe.

I finally just laid her down for a nap.

Scalewatcher it sounds like you made some good choices yesterday. Good for you. I know you will do great on the scales!

I haven't done that great this week. I've stayed the same but hopefully I will drop by Sat. morning for the weigh in.

Well my GB sure is pitching a fit. I better go check on her. I don't know how you ladies with babies get anything done around the house. I think my son must hold her the entire time he is with her because she really expects me to hold her constantly. I put her down she screams.

Oh well its not like I don't love kissing her cute little face!

suz
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Everyone Here I am at home on a friday sick sore throat runny nose sneezing etc :tired: I am not eating much but drinking lots of hot water with honey and lemon and taking "cold FX pills" they are supposed to help I hope so!!

I hope everyone is going to do good this week suz :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Good morning to everyone- Sorry I didn't post yesterday after my WI. My DD was sick and I helped her with the three boys. I have lost 1 more pound. I am happy that it was a loss. I wish of course it would have been more. I explained to my leader that I have been weighing daily and that starting on Saturdays - Wednesdays I am always losing weight. Then on Thursdays and Fridays I am always up. She went over my schedule and journals and she is in agreement with you all I should eat more. She said that since I am walking approx. 8-10 miles per day I should be not only using all of my daily points but at least half of my AP's and some of my Weekly 35 points. She thinks because I am so active that my body is holding on to every little ounce it can. I told her I have hypothyroidism and a multi-nodule goiter. I have to go the extra mile just to see a loss. She said try to eat more this week and we will see what happens. She also said not to weigh everday. So I ate all of my points yesterday. I didn't eat any extra. I'll try again today. I had to weigh my self this morning and I was down .8 pound just like last Saturday.

Danni Marie
03-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone: :gossip:

I have lost 4lbs.!!! :carrot: :carrot: this morning at my weigh in!!
I am in the 160's!!!! WOW I never thought I would see me in the 160's what a way to start out the week :D :D

I hope you all have success on the scales today, who ever is weighing in today :goodscale:

I have to run but will try to post later...Congrats Scale on your WL :hug: a lb is a lb off :)

momtu2
03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
i am getting frusterated. this is 3wks in a row at 163. so irritated. there's no way i'll make my 150's by april 1st now. :(

danni: great job!! way to go! you're doing a greeat job!

Kiwi24
03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Good Morning

I lost 1 pound! Yea!! Momtu2, there was a girl in my WW group who had stayed the same for 3 weeks and the teacher suggested switching plans and making sure she ate all her points. She went to the core plan. She started losing again. Maybe you might try switching from one plan to the other to "trick" your body up, so to speak.

Hey I went shopping for a formal dress this weekend and I found a beautiful dress that looked great on me and it was a size 14!!!! The truth is I'm still in a 16 but the way this dress is made the 16 was to big under the arms so I had to get a 14. It still made me feel so good!!

Congrats Danni on joining the 160 club! Good for you. ( you can't read my thoughts ha ha ha ) Seriously, soooo proud of you girl!

Congrats Janette for the pound!! I really think you will see a difference in your scales as you increase your points.

Suz hope you are feeling better by now!

Tammy did you have a great weekend?

Have a great week!

momtu2
03-26-2007, 04:10 PM
well, my sister told me that i probably haven't lost because i started weight training. for awhile your muscles hold onto some extra water. someone else told me not to use my activity points for a week and see if that helps. gonna be hungry tonight! lol!
on a good note...it's 80 here today!! unbelievable for march! broke all the records!!!
so i dug out the cute gaucho pants i bought last year (but ended up not wearing because they made my thighs look like tree trunks, and gave me some serious camel toe), put them on, and they look GREAT! i love em! so comfy. work w/my flip-flops, and i don't look like a moose!! yay! gosh, i hope they're still *in* this year.
WTG kiwi! great job on that pound!
talk to ya'll later!!

suz
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone
Yes Kiwi I am feeling much better and when I weighed in this morning I weighed 158 Yeah for me!!!!

I did not go for my walk at lunch today as I just started feeling better and will go tomorrow and it was raining here today

congrats to everyone on there loses this week and only 5 1/2 days till april
1st mini challenge I am probably not going yo make the 155 by sunday but i am going to try

Danni Marie
03-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Suz Kiwi, Scale..congrats on the loss :cp:

Mom - I understand I was at about a month plateau where nothing was moving, up or down and it was frustrating but stick with it it will come off :D

Kiwi...you "never" cease to amaze me :yawn:... an attagirl from you :faint: I am impressed, shocked :yikes: but impressed...:rofl:

Missindy where are u???? :listen: how are things??? :shrug: hope you are ok

It was nice here yesterday, 80 :flow1: I hope today is just as nice,

I went shopping again :s: yesterday and I cannot get over the feeling I have about NOT having to shop in the PLUS section :cp::D I feel gravitated to the plus section since I have shopped there for soooo long, I know where all the plus sections are in stores and I am now on a new journey finding out where the "misses" sections are in all my favorite stores ;) It is a great feeling :carrot:

:blah: NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS :blah:

have a great day ladies!

danni :cheers:

WamTam
03-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Ladies:hug:
The sun is shining:D it's a beautiful day in the Yukon.
Well everyone seems to be doing well :carrot: congratulations on the loses ladies. I haven't done a weigh in almost a week with it being that time and all i know that there will be no change.
Rowing machine is here must go pick it up now. Am totally excited with the weather getting warmer am hoping to get out more winter time i tend to hibernate.Soon will be camping and fishing again i so look forward to summer. :beach:

I must get back to work. Ladies thank you, you have inspired me and never fail to make me smile:D reading your posts.
:grouphug:Tammy

Kiwi24
03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Danni I know what you mean about the plus size. When I went shopping the other day I was picking clothes in the plus size and then realizing it didn't fit. It was so nice to shop on the "other side" of the store! ha ha ha Those skinny broads have alot of choices in there selections of clothes and styles.

Tammy welcome to the world of warmth!! Let me know how you like that rowing machine. I'm hoping they have one on the cruise so I can exercise with it and see if i like it.

Suz congratulations on obtaining the 150's!! You go girl!

Momtu2 I think your sister is right. Weights will make you gain for alittle bit. But when it starts dropping! WOW!

Well got to go
Kiwi

momtu2
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
morning ladies.
not much to report...STILL 163LBS. i get it every single time i weigh. it's getting sooo frusterating!!!
i swear when i lose this weight i'm going to make darn sure i don't gain it again....i'm awfully sick of looking at 163! blah!
hope everyone is having a great week!

Kiwi24
03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Good Morning,
I'm getting a some what early start this morning. All the kids here on on spring break so I've been pretty busy baby sitting. I eat more when the kids are here. I think they stress me out. ha ha ha

Momtu2 hang in there. It will happen don't give in to frustration, like I have done so many times, just to regret it later! You will see the scales change!

Everyone have a great day today.

suz
03-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Good evening ladies
so it less than 2 days to our mini challenge weigh in to see if we reached our goals that we set for our selves With that in mind I was wondering if anyone is interested in another mini challenge for the month of april I was thinking that maybe we could do a "Biggest Loser" challenge starting april 1st and ending on april 30th If anyone is interested post your staring weight for april 1st and every Monday until april 30th Hope that a few will join me in this challege good Luck to everyone who decide to take part

Danni Marie
03-31-2007, 08:07 AM

We have not heard :listen: from some of you lately, and we are starting to get worried????:?: Hope everyone is just enjoying the spring time weather and too ACTIVE to sit infront of the computer :running: and not that you have fallen off your healthy eating plans :nono:

Suz: I am with you!!!!! :hug: I think it is a great idea ;) I have reached my mini goal for March :cp: which was to loose 5 lbs. and I did :carrot: didn't think it was going to happen but....

I like the biggest loser idea :yes: I am in on it :yes:

Apirl's Goal:

To be in the low 160's high 150's which would mean a 7 to 10 lb loss for the month of April and to get in more "toning" exercises in :lifter:

Kiwi are ya in? :shrug: or are you a :chicken: ? :lol: come on girl lets get it on :boxing: and see who the is the biggest loser (in weight Kiwi, so don't :nono: even go there :snooty:)
I see your day is tomorrow, April 1st...will you be doing anything special on this "Fools" day?? :dunno: :rofl:

So weigh in is on Monday :broc:

Remember: :blah: If you do not set mini goals for yourself, you will never challenge yourself to do better :blah:
:cheers: come girls lets get spring weight loss fever :crazy:

Danni :coach:

momtu2
03-31-2007, 06:56 PM
hey ladies! hope ya'll are having a great weekend.
only 1 day until our march mini challenge is over! eek! the time has gone by sooo fast! i'll post tomorrow for the official final day weigh in.

suz, i think another challenge is great! i'm bummed i didn't meet the first challenge, but i will try harder this month. i'm pretty sure i'll still be 163 tommorow but i'll post my new challenge goal tomorrow on the off chance that i'll see a miraculous 162.

c'mon ladies, come out of hiding! where are you all?

suz
04-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Morning everyone
Well I weighed in this morning and I am not happy :cry: It all started on Wednesday we had a pot luck for one of the guys in our dept who retired and everthing has gone down hill from there :kickbutt: I have eaten choc for the past 2 days and just generally eaten to much and aunt Flo came for a visit as well I usually lose a few lbs when that happens but i gained and i did not lose the weight again as i just said I gained I am back to 160 so I did not reach my mini challege goal of 156

With our new mini challege of "THE BIGGEST LOSER" i want to be down to 152 i also plan to walk every day at work that I can and do some toning with my weights
Come on Ladies where are you all join the challenge!!!! Who will be the biggest loser? Lets here from you all

Lets all eat right drink our water and we will all be the biggest losers suz :carrot:

momtu2
04-01-2007, 10:08 AM
i can NOT believe it! after 3-1/2 weeks of 163LBS, today i weighed, for the last official weigh-in of the march challenge and *drumroll please*.........161.5!!!! yay! i'm so happy! i didn't make my april1st goal of 159.5, but that's ok. i'll take anything after this platue!!

so....my goal for the april biggest loser challenge...6LBS...155LBS. pre both my pregnancy weight.

i was really starting to get frusterated, and was starting to want to give up. but it's a new week and a new month, so i'm a new girl on plan!!

off to change my ticker now!

Kiwi24
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Everyone

Ok as of April1 I am 172.4 :smug: I didn't make my goal which I had already forgot what that was. ha ha ha :o But I Would like to lose 3 pounds so I can at least me in the 160 by cruise time. I leave Friday!! :carrot:

Congratulations momtu!! That is sooo great. :bravo: Starting off April with a bang.

I seemed so preoccupied this past week 'cause I had all the kids this week with spring break.:stress: So I haven't made time to write. Now I'm getting all my stuff together fort the cruise. That's actually more fun!:high:

Suz, Danni, I hear ya, I'm with ya! Let the games begin!! :celebrate:
I'm always up for a challenge. Since I will be gone for a week enjoying FOOD FOOD AND MORE FOOD while on the cruise I need something to help me be accountable while there!.

Danni Happy Birthday yesterday. :bday2you: Oh no, I'm sorry, that wasn't your Birthday.:o that was just the day YOUR MAMA named you after!! :rofl:

WamTam
04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
:D Hi ladies:hug:
Well this is the third time i have tried posting will see if I can actually get this one to work or if I will be booted again.
The sun is shining again :flow2: but the mornings are still -20 brrrr.

Exciting news:cheer2: i got my new rowing machine it's assembled awaiting my arrival home tonite. I LOVE IT. Kiwi would recommend it for sure. According to the paper work enclosed they say it works all muscle groups:dunno: we will see. Can tell you this after only 15 mins on it yesterday I could feel it in my arms and thighs.

So would love to be part of the Biggest Loser Challenge in april. Sorta fell off the wagon in March and gained almost all my weight back. My emotions have been all over the place:crazy: :frypan: Surprised BF hasn't gotten tired of me am lucky he is so understanding and supportive.
Aprils goal for me to lose 8pds that will put me down to 236 :carrot: drink 80-96oz of water a day, row for min 30 mins and walk daily for 30-45mins. Maybe i am setting myself up for failure is my goal to much??? What do yous think?

Momtu2 congrats.:woohoo:

Danni awesome to hear you reached your march goal. :broc:

gotta run ladies thanks suz for the challenge.
:hug: Tammy:hug:

Danni Marie
04-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies: :bunny: and Kiwi :snooty:

Sorry I did not post yesterday, it was a bad day for me :mad: If I didn't know better I would have called me, well "hormonal" :devil: to say the least...

I weighed in at 168, :^: no loss for my week of effort, that in itself is getting really frustrating, work work work and NO results :tantrum: and trying to keep me positive is getting old :rolleyes: so we will see what next week brings.

Tammy I think your goals are Great :cheer: however, I think you might be adding too much physical exercise all at once, this could result in you not sticking with it :?: I would suggest that you do 45 mins total a day and split that between rowing and walking, then after April if you want you can go an hour 30 rowing 30 walking for your May goal, the objective for physical ativity is to keep doing it, and not burn ourselves out or dread doing it... ok that was my 2 cents.. :lol: Good luck in whatever you decide to do..

gotta run...have a great day

kiwi... your mama too!!! back at ya..

danni:egg:

Kiwi24
04-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Good Morning,
Yesterday, my neighbor apparently got tired of her stationary bike and put it out for the garbage men to pick up. I made my son go over and get it!:^: Its now in my room. :bike: Its really nice. ha ha ha :D Its black with a nice seat. Plus, the arms move as you peddle and it blows air on you as you peddle. It also has a meter. So yesterday I peddled away in front of the TV and last night and this morning. Weighed myself and I had gained!!!!! :rollpin: Whatever!! I'll keep working. I'm sure it was the 3 slices of cake I ate and not the bike:lol: ! ( I thought I could ride the pound away.)

Danni sorry you were having a bad day.:hug: You have done so well.:bravo: Don't let the scales discourage you. Go measure yourself. I bet you will be surprised how many inches you have lost even if the scales aren't showing pounds. :cheer:

Tammy I'm so excited you got your rowing machine! :carrot: I agree with Danni don't over do it.

Janette, Suz, Bonnie, Momtu2, have a "losing" day!! :goodscale

momtu2
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
hey all!
i had a bad day yesterday, but today is new and i will be trying harder. somedays i just want to grub!!
danni: i agree w/kiwi. you may not have lost LBS, but i bet you lost inches. the almost a month i was stuck at 163 i was definately a smaller 163 then i was when it started. i know how frusterating it is.
kiwi:i always gain when i start a new work out. don't know why. only thing i can figure is the muscles are holding on to water.
everyone else: good luck w/the biggest loser challenge! man i love that show! wish it was bck on!

WamTam
04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Good Morning,
Hope everyone is doing well:hug:
Thanks for your input ladies i think I will try with the rowing first, since it's right there and i can do it when ever i feel the urge!
Felt good got up this morning and rowed away for 15mins i know it's only 15mins but must start somewhere!:carrot:
Today is my last day of work til after easter. The boss decided to go snowmobiling, yes we still have tons of snow, but at least it's getting warmer. Since it's just myself here he told me to close shop wednesday.:woohoo: So a very long weekend.... plan on planting seeds in the house may as well get ready for spring, also need to do some spring cleaning in my closets:dizzy: I have clothes i have been hanging on for since i was still in a size 9/10. That was awhile ago :lol:
Danni :hug: it's been said inches!
Kiwi :ebike:
Should do some work, I will try and stop in later this afternoon. If not ladies have a wonderful EASTER:easter2: & Kiwi have a good cruise :bunny2: cause you will be gone before i return.
:hug: Tammy:hug:

suz
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Good evening ladies
In case i do not get to post before friday Kiwi have a great cruise have fun eat smart and find that exercise room

We got out for our walks the last 2 days at work if we go tomorrow we will need an umbrella and on Thursday we will need our winter coats again as we ae going to be getting snow again I may even get to go to anexercise class on Friday if they have one I sure hope so

got to go suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
04-04-2007, 08:03 AM
:bunny2: Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for all the tips on inches I think you all are right :yes: my bra is fitting much better than it used to.
This past week, I noticed that I could only attach it at the first set of clips :lol: but now I can go all the way to the last set and wear it like that :rofl: without feeling like I need oxygen :lol: geesh the little things that amuse me..:lol:

Kiwi Have a great time on your cruise :swim: most ships have a "walkers" club :running: I think you have to sign up at their ship spa when you arrive, and every morning or sometime during the day you walk laps around the ship, and they used to give away free bees if you completed your days :cp: So look for that, it is easy and you can enjoy the ocean breeze blowing that nappy head of hair of yours :devil: :lol3: JK...Don't forget to go the chocolate buffet :drool: it is usually late at night but you can pile up your plate of chocolate and take the entire plate back to your room :yes: Then in the morning go :running: it off! Bon Voage.......don't fall off...or get your kidneys stolen in one of those other countries :yikes: :lol:

Tammy...Good for you on the exercise... :lifter: Keep up the great work ;)
Yeah! :cp: momtu2 161.5! :bravo: keep up the great job!
Suz..keep up good work :D

drink your water today ladies!

Danni :easter:

Kiwi24
04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning!:wave:

I lost 1 pound so that's a total of 30 pounds!! :carrot: I'm taking my scales with me on the cruise for accountability. :goodscale I'm not a big choc. person but I plan on having lobster Breakfast lunch and dinner. I don't know why but I've always wanted scrabbled eggs and lobster for Breakfast. :goodvibes We have other meats why not lobster. So I plan on it. They do have a midnight buffet which I plan on taking advantage of also:devil:
I will leave Friday and be back the following Friday. A whole week without a computer. :comp: Seems like torture! :yikes:

Danni, I'm Hawaiian. We don't have nappy hair. :club: Visualize this:

My hair is like that of a beautiful soft black Persian cat with a hint of highlights like that of a full moon gracefully looking over the midnight ocean. It gracefully flows down my shoulders. Even the wind is mesmerized by my blacken curls for as the wind blows gently through my hair it cries out as if to say "I too must caress the softness of your beauty."
Next time I'll tell ya about my soft bronze skin!!:rofl:

I'm weighing in at WW Friday morning since I will be gone Sat.

Tammy Suz keep up the exercise.:cheer: :exercise:
Momtu2 today will be better.:hug:
Janette, Bonnie where are you?:listen:

Everyone have a great Day

Kiwi24
04-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Good Morning and Good Bye!:wave:

I wanted to say bye before I got busy and didn't have time to. :hug: I woke up this morning and was 170 It was sooo close to 169:cheer: I'm sure I'll be down 169 by tomorrow morning if I keep doing what I've been doing. :crossed: Which now is funny because I'll probably be 176 when I get back home!! ha ha ha :devil: :T

Anyway, have a great week and lose lose lose!!:carrot:

Kiwi:encore:

momtu2
04-06-2007, 08:49 AM
bye kiwi!! have a great time on your cruise!! i gained 5lbs on the one i was on a few years ago. (they had a 24hr pizza and ice cream bar!) and congrats on the 30lbs!! you're doing a great job!!!

i hope everyone else is having a good week!

gonna be a rough weekend for me, caloriewise. we have a wedding on saturday, so fo course i'll eat there and have some wine. sunday i special ordered some puzcki's (sp?) and then of course easter dinner. gonna go over calories for sure!!

have a nice holiday everyone!

suz
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello Ladies
when I was at work on wed I found I had some saved hours I could take off so I took off thurs and was off friday for Easter so I have had an extra day off which is nice as I am taking all my holidays when i retire in July

There was no exercise class on friday and very little open so my Dh and i stayed home and did a bit of work around here We now have all our plants started for the gardens and are anxious to get our hands dirty
My Dh is going away next week probably on Tues or Wed so I will be by myself for a week I wonder what i could do :devil: i am sure I can find something yo amuse myself!!!!

Try not to overeat tomorrow weigh in is in 2 days suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
04-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone: :gossip:

Hope you all survived and enjoyed your Easter :D

I for one ate more than I should have :yikes: :barf:

I did my weigh in and I have lost 2 more lbs. :cp: :cheer: for a whopping grand total of 50 lbs. so far :cp: and I have to say it and all you that know me I say this alot...Nothing tastes as good as thin feels :yes:

Hope you all have success today and keep moving forward :cheer:

suz
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Good evening Ladies
Hope everyone had a good easter I did I had 4 days off so it was great I also did over eat but did not under eat either My DH left this morning for a week so I am hoping to get a lot done this week

I weighed in yesterday and lost 2 lbs so I am still going down in weight that makes 23 more to go

Well I better go I have things to do Keep moving and losing Ladies suz:carrot:

Kiwi24
04-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,:wave:

We had a great time on the cruise. :beach: Everything was wonderful!.:sunny: We were in the Bahamas standing at the place where they announced who was the Father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby was.:preg: It was pretty cool to see all the cameras there. :gossip: :mag: They had not announced the decision when we first arrived. :sssh: The news crew was still waiting so it was cool to know we were actually there when they announced it.:judge: Anyway we were also taken to her grave site.:halfempty

I brought my scales so I could be accountable while there.:goodscale After the 3rd time of weighing and my scales were going up each time. :dz: I finally decided that there is no way my scales could be accurate. :nono: The water must have something to do with it.:?: WRONG!!!:no: DRUM ROLL PLEASE....... I gained 7.6 pounds!!:stress: I weigh in today at WW. :rolleyes: I decided to wear my Jeans instead of work out fit. The scales are going to show a gain so I might as well have on my regular clothes so I can strip down when I really need the weight loss to count! :lol: I don't think this weight will stay on me long (i hope) 'cause I'm getting right back on track today. I'm not changing my ticker!! :^:

Glad to back home.:grouphug:

Kiwi

Danni Marie
04-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Kiwi :wave: Welcome back! :hug: boy did I miss you :yes:
Everyone :gossip: has vanished :?: there was no one to talk :blah: to :cry:

How exciting to be in the bahama's during that time. I was happy to hear that Larry was the dad :yes:

Well I am happy to hear that you are jumping right back on track, sorry to hear :listen: about your weight gain :^:

I too had a bad week :hun: and did not even go on a cruise. :stress:

I won't get on the scale until Monday, I just cannot :nono: But I had a bad week, :stress: the worst since I started my weight loss journey. :o

I too on Monday am going to go full force again, only 16 (I still hope :crossed:) to reach my goal :cp:

Most of your 7lbs is water you can loose that easy :yes: They say swimming helps you loose excess fluid, :swim: this week if you can.

Glad you are back!

suz congrats :cheer: on the 2lbs.

suz
04-15-2007, 06:59 AM
good Morning
Wecome back Kiwi I am glad you had a good time on your cruise I am sorry to hear you gained but it should come off pretty quick

Danni is right everyone just vanished I was on here a couple of times but my DH has been away all week and i had that much more to do each day We are emptying our upper basement and puting what we can in a storage room in our lower basement or throwing out so we can put a finished family room down there
We are getting more snow today and tomorrow and then I am hoping that spring will arrive

I better go have many things to do today suz :carrot:

Kiwi24
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay its official! :judge: I weighed in at WW and I gained 9 pounds!! :tantrum: I'm not helping matters either 'cause all I've been doing since I got back is eating!:devil: I'm going on the jumpstart Monday. I bought food today for it. But for now I'm bloated 'cause I just pigged out at lunch! :cbg: Now I'm going to take a nap 'cause I'm sleepy from all that over eating:^:

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!:stress:

Danni Marie
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Good Morning everyone :gossip:

Today is a new day :carrot: New week :carrot: to get our eating under control.

Well after a week full of binge eating :fr: well not all week but 4 out of 7 days including last night, I dreaded the scale this morning :( I get on and :faint:
I have managed to loose a lb.! :yikes: I kept getting on and off not believing what I was seeing...:high: so I was really happy :dancer:

Kiwi here is your help :tape: and your :kickbutt: to get you back on track..I too need help :frypan: so today is a new day and we will continue to reach our goal....right? :listen: right!!!!

Drink your water especially if you are bloated :barf:

Hope the scales are good to the rest of you and hope to hear from you MIA's..

Kiwi24
04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Good Morning:wave:

Good for you Danni for losing even if you did binge alittle this past week.:cp: Wish I could say the same. :^: Anyway, today I'm on the jumpstart. :cb: I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. For lunch I'll have salad. Dinner also. Maybe I can shed some of this weight from the cruise this week if I stay focused and I will!:high:

I don't have the grandkids today :twirly: so I'm going to clean my house 'cause my youngest son had it all week while we were gone :eek: and it could use a good clean up. Plus it will keep my mind off food!! :yes:

Everyone have a great NON CHEATING DAY!! (I'm epecially speaking to myself of course ha ha ha:rofl: )

Did I mention to all of you that my son earned Valedictorian at his school? We're pretty proud of him although it came as a shock to all of us including him!:lol:

suz
04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Well I got on the scale this morning and was not pleased about what i saw I gained 1 lb and since my DH was away all last week I thought I was doing good i guess i did not do as well as i thought Oh well as you said this is a new day and week I keep telling myself it took me 20 years to put on the weight and Keep on so It is going to be a battle to get it off I intend to win that battle it may take longer that I want but win I will!!! :boxing: We will all get to where we want to be and then we will be discussing maintenence

Kiwi lets get moving and losing suz :carrot:

Butterfly50
04-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Helllo ladies sorry I have been MIA for so long I have been having computer problems and I have finally gt them all worked out Now. Well I can say I feel terriable I have not been able to do much. I have been so down and not feeling like doing alot . Got my garden growing and hope that it all goes well. I need to get in gear again and get busy I soo need to loose weight . I weight a good 300 pounds and need to start loosing here soon . I am goning to have to do something I need to loose weight their are things going on I dont like...... HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danni Marie
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi Bonnie :wave: Welcome Back!!

I understand computer problems :comp: have had few myself.

Garden? :shrug: did you say you planted your garden? :listen: Our ground is still FROZEN :censored: up here.

It is good that you keep trying to lose weight, :cp:
Here is your kick in the pants to get you started :kickbutt: :kickbutt:
Sometimes it is easier if you start small, and not jump right in to a extremly low calorie diet, 2 things happen, 1 your body goes into starvation mode, where you will NOT see results on the scale :goodscale: :yikes: and 2 will UNMOTIVAVTE you very quickly :^: Working in the garden burns a lot of calories :yes: now try to cut out something...like oil/lard, sugar, soda, salty snacks etc. I would pick 2 and do them for a week and then add another and another, your weight loss will be slower, but it will keep you motivated and eager to continue...make sense? :dunno: Good Luck and keep up the great work trying and drink your water, water flushes FAT CELLS :cp:

Kiwi :listen: :yawn: Kiwi? :listen: :yawn: where are ya? Is your old butt still recovering from your cruise? Ya know we are not as young as we want/think we are Kiwi :nono: and we take a lot longer to recoup, come on girl, pull your self up and get moving.....:running: :D

Suz don't stress over the lb. gain :stress: you will lose that quickly :yes:
hope you have better results this coming weigh in ;)

Have a great day ladies...we all are blessed remember to reflect on what you are blessed with and that will make the not so pleasant things in your life seem not so significant :p

Danni:smoking:

WamTam
04-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi ladies:hug:
have missed you all terribly. But have been feeling really crabby and under the weather latly and rather then bring everyone else down I ATE CHOCOLATE. :ink: I can't beleive i did that but my weight is now back to where it was when i started. I am still trying to use the rowing machine everyday but it's a hard habit to get into.:frypan: I don't seem to have enough energy in the morning when i get up to go to work and then after work I am tired too:tantrum: :tantrum:
I hope you all had a good easter, and everyone else is staying op:carrot: I will try and get back here later when i have some more time.
Til Later Tammy:)

suz
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Good Evening
Well things are not going very well my lower back has been bothering me for the past couple of weeks and about a week ago I was doing some lifting of some heavy boxes and the next morning I could hardly get out of bed i got some pain killer and a mild muscle relaxer and it seems to be helping I have not been able to exercise so I am not losing any weight and I am also eating to much so if thats not enough I had to have a root canal today so now my mouth is sore I am hoping by the begining of next week that I can start to exercise a little and work up from there

Thats enough about me I hope everyone else is doing really good
Talk to you all later suz :carrot:

Kiwi24
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Cheat cheat cheat cheat cheat!:stress:

I can't believe all I've eaten all week!:tantrum:

Put a apple in my mouth and call me Piggy!!:ink: Just shoot me and get it over with!:frypan:

Kiwi24
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
:dz: I have no self control!:rolleyes:

suz
04-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Kiwi It can't be that bad You will get things under control or else you will have to listen to Danni gloat over how well she is doing!!!!

Sorry Danni we have to motivate Kiwi some how
Come on ladies lets all help Kiwi get over this hump like shw would do for us!!

Kiwi this is only a temporay back slide we all go through them and pick our selves up and get going again

Talk to eceryone later suz :carrot:

Decade
04-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Kiwi it's not that bad...I promise. I know you can do it...I know cause I've seen you do it. I know you from a previous life LOL....watch for a pm and I'll explain.

BTW I'm new here. I'm starting over for the zillionth time. I don't know why I think this time is going to be different, but it is. I'm starting small and have ALOT to lose. I'm not weighing in until tomorrow morning for my beginning, but I know I have over 140 lbs to lose. I'll be here alot, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Danni Marie
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Hello Ladies: :gossip:

It is Monday... :dunno: Well I got on the scale and yep for the 1st time since October, I have a GAIN :yikes: :tantrum:

Yep I gained a lb. :stress: all that playing around I have been doing, and it is finally starting to catch up with me and show me on the scale that I am a cow :moo:
I was doing so so well and now :moo: :moo: :moo: :cry: :cry: I know it is only a lb, but I am in dangerous ground for me, see when I start to dabble with "cheating" I cannot seem to reel myself back into a healthy eating mode until I tip the scales at a whopping 200 lbls or more..:bomb: I know my cycle and here we go :cry: :cry:
I cannot seem to get it back under control...so the downward spiral begins......:sp: :corn:

Suz I don't know how much inspiration to Kiwi I can be right now :?: I am currently battling my own :devil: :devil:
I do think her and I need to invest in some duct tape from Wal Mart and :tape: :tape: our mouths shut... :cry: :stress:

OK I am gonna stop :cry: like a girl :queen: and Kiwi here is your :kickbutt: to get you going this week and for me :frypan: whew I feel better, we have come too far to start sliding back...come on girl!!!! :hug:
:rollpin: Make yourself a vat of cabbage soup :stir: and I'll go back in my "box" I don't know if you remember on HMR they tell you to "stay in the box" stay in the box for weight loss, out of the box for weight gain... :sorry: so back in my box I go :D

Hi Decade...welcome we usually are a peppier bunch than this.. :lol:

Have a good week ladies...drink your water...flushing those fat cells....

Decade
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm well aware of this bunch being peppier....I've been on here as a previous identity, but I'm getting rid of that identity and starting from scratch...again. I know all of you can do this, and I know I can too. Everyone has their bad days and weeks...shoot I've had a bad last 6 months so that tells you where I've been. Chin up ladies and we'll do this together. I'm off to go do some exercise...been a while since I did that.

Have a fabulous day and drink lots of water.

Butterfly50
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Danni sorry to hear that your ground is still frozen. Our weather here has been running about 80 . It is getting beautiful here. Yes all my veggies are planted and alot of them are popping up out the ground and looking pretty good already.
i hope all is doing well. For me I need to get all in motion but it is soo hard when you have limited money to play with. I hope something gives soon. Ohh before I forget I got a new Kitten friday she is the sister to my other cat she is 5 weeks. She is doing well. Its like having a baby in the house again. hahahaha. Not realy but she will do.
I guess I better be getting to the laundry it seems like it never stops piling up.

WamTam
04-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi ladies :hug:
By reading the last few days figure the most of us could use one of these:hug:.
Danni & Kiwi you have both made it so far don't give up ladies we all have our off days I know I have had my share:dizzy:. One step at a time, we must remember we are all human and all have faults some of us just deal with them better:)
You have all been so supportive and I love reading your posts keep them coming no giving up!!!
Butterfly: glad to hear someone is getting nice weather, we still have some snow and temps drop below freezing at night:( I have started some of my annuals in the house and they are not doing to bad:carrot: (my first attempt)
Back to work til later
:hug: Tammy :hug:

suz
04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
hello Ladies
well I weighed in on monday and again I gained a lb My back is feeling much better so I have started walking again at lunch I will start slow and work up to more exercise next week

welcome Decade You hint that you are not new to this site Do you mean 3FC or to our "site" does anyone else other than Kiwi know you?

we may have to rethink this months biggest loser challenge and move it to next month when we all get over our gaining and get more serious about the losing!!!!

Lets all try to keep moving and losing suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
04-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone: :wave:

Bonnie - so glad your garden is doing well. I have to say though I am jelous. I always plant a huge garden. I just love the taste of fresh veggies. How is the new kitty??? I collect cats boy Bonnie we have a lot in common..weight, cats, gardens.. :D You sound like a great person :yes: Keep going on the weight loss, you will thank yourself in the end. ;)

Tammy :hug: thanks soo much for the encouragement. You are right, we all have come soo far, even that Kiwi, with her brown round sweet self :lol3: :lol3: I try to start some of my veggies in the house, but they do not do as well as the plants I get from the nursery when I actually plant....:?: I never tried annuals how do they do?

Suz - Sorry to hear about the lb gain :hug: I know how it feels :yes: I'm still in on the biggest loser challenge and agree next month might be a little better :crossed:

I went to the HMR headquarters to get my foods and stuff and they have a 20lb fat suit that you have to put on after you lose 20lbs. and losing the 50 I have I cannot believe that I carried all that excess weight on me :yikes: that thing was so heavy and it was only 20lbs, no wonder my poor knees ached at a whooping 216 lbs. That got me really motivated to keep going and get back on my healthy eating...go lift a 10lb bowling ball and see how heavy that is it will get ya back on track :yes:

Have a great day ladies...we all are great support for each other :yes:

:blah: If you continue to do what you always have done...you will continue to get what you always have gotten :blah: :blah:

Kiwi :listen: Kiwi :listen: come on :shrug: I am full of insults...get back here!!!!!! :devil: :devil:

Kiwi24
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm still not on track.:kickcan: I haven't lost any of the weight I gained.:rolleyes: I'm still munching.:cookie: But at least I'm back here. :^: Its so much easier to cheat when I'm not talking to all of you. :grouphug: I've been sick the last few days and I'm still not up to par but that's just made me lazy not less hungry!:faint:

As for the biggest loser for April. I believe I will owe!! ;) I'll start again in May and I guess I will break down and change my ticker to show the weight gain if I haven't lost it by then!:halfempty

Danni, Suz, Tammy, Bonnie, Decade, (where's scalewatcher?:chin: ) Thanks for the encouragement :hug: and I know this is only a set back and I can't let it ruin everything I've worked so hard to achieve. Keep encouraging me 'cause I'm not there yet but with your help I know I will.:crossed:

Kiwi

WamTam
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
:hug: Hi all,
Well it's a beautiful day in the Yukon! The sun is shining and we are warming up.
I only have a minute, am super busy at work right now. Just wanted you all to know you are thought of and lets keep going one step at a time:carrot: WE CAN DO THIS!! (at least that's what i keep telling myself) :crazy:
Good Point Kiwi anyone else wonder where is scalewatcher??:dunno:
Gotta run take care
:grouphug: Tammy:hug:

Kiwi24
04-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Good Morning!:D

I feel so much better today. :carrot: The best I've felt since getting back!! I don't even feel like cheating. ;) When I'm sick I have this uncontrollable desire to eat. ANYTHING!! But the pain isn't near as bad today so I'm feeling really good. I'll catch up on the house and go have my nails done! Whahoo!

Tammy so glad the warm weather is thawing you out over there.:hug: Its hard to believe when I look at the news that people are still having cold weather.

I got some of my pictures from the cruise put up on my myspace if anyone wants to see them. :smug: www.myspace.com/kiwi1024 My site is set to private so you have to be "friends" to view so let me know who you are if you want to see them.

Everyone have a great day!

suz
04-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Kiwi I am glad you are feeling better right now I am feeling fat and lazy this thing with my sore is getting to me One day it seems fine and then the next day it is sore again I tried OTC back meds they seemed to help some but I think its time to go see my doctor but that could be about a 2 week wait

I will be back tomorrow with my weigh in results suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
04-30-2007, 07:15 AM
:goodvibes Good Morning Everyone!

Today is a great day! :cloud9:

Sun is shining :flow2: and I lost the 1 lb. that I had gained :carrot: plus another lb. for good measure :cp: :dance: to equal 2lbs. for this weeks weigh in :carrot:

I hope the rest of you have "great" results on the scale today! :goodscale: :yes:

Kiwi I would love to see the pics on myspace! can ya add me to your friends? :dunno:
Where in FL do you live? Maybe we can chat about this in a PM ? reason I am asking my husband may be getting transferred.... :cp:

Gotta run ladies..I have a huge day....hope you all reach your mini goals today :yes: :hug:

Kiwi24
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Good Morning everyone!:D

I'm doing so much better and I'm finally on track with WW.:carrot: Would you believe after gaining 9 pounds from the cruise I actually gained 4 pounds since I got back!!:^: That's another reason I was bummed. :( I quit weighing myself and you know what a scale-a-holic I am! :goodscale I had quit going to my meetings 2 times in a row but Saturday I got myself up and I went! :kickcan: I had a "free pass" not to weigh in. Which means you had a really bad week and don't want to see the scales but just need to be motivated so I just attended the meeting. :o I am so glad. I am now back on track and they gave me a 16 week pendant!!:cp: (that means I've been with WW for 16 weeks) That got me excited again plus when I got there a friend of mine from church was there. She had just started that day!!:bravo: She needs to lose as much as me so I was really excited to see her.:hug: Anyway, I did really good all weekend. This morning I weighed myself and I'm back to what I was when I got home from the cruise. :smug: So now I just need to lose 9 pounds and I will be back to what I was before the cruise!!!!:rofl:

Suz I hope you get to feeling better! You should go to the Doc. No point in being in pain!:getwell:

Danni I leave in Panama City Florida. That would be so great if you moved here. :dance: You would have to join WW 'cause we don't have that other place you are going to. :?: Plus since you try so hard to be like me. :dz: It might help you to be close to my greatness. :queen: Then again there is no one like the Kiwi! :encore: Again I say....."Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me!":devil: :lol:

Where is everyone?! :p Tomorrow is a new month so let's all join together and get some weight off! :cheer2: Can we do the "biggest Loser" for May? I'm up for it! How about we start a new post again. I don't remember how to make a link? Who remembers?

Kiwi

Kiwi24
04-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh Danni I forgot,

I can add you but you have to be a myspace member to add you. Do you
have a myspace? If so then why haven't you asked me to be your friend
before now?!:p :lol:

If you aren't a member it doesn't take alot of time to do so. I used to have only family pictures. I was to big to put me on there. That's why I just had the one that was like many years old and touched up. Since I got some weight off I don't feel so bad. But I still didn't show all of my pictures 'cause some of them you could see how much more weight I needed to lose.
Anyway, fix you up a myspace you will love it.

Kiwi24
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone
Since this is a new month tomorrow I figured we'd get a new thread.
I hope this works.:^:
The new challenge begins in the AM May 1st so I hope everyone is pumped.:carrot:

Just click on the link below and hopefully it will send you to the new link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1675599#post1675599