Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default STRESS! How do you curb your eating?

I've been really stressed that past few days- it is beginning to show in my skin, around my eyes, and in the way I eat. How do you cope with food and stress at the same time? Today was disastrous, and while I am not experiencing much guilt anymore- I want to avoid such mishaps in the future. The indulgence actually made me feel ill- I almost puked. I knew I would feel that way afterwards, yet I went on auto-pilot-self-destruct-who-gives-a-flying-****-mode. Ugh. Have I phrased my questions yet? I think I have.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #2  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I know there are alot of things that are supposed to work...(sheepish grin) but don't know of any that really do unless you want them to work more than you want the food. There are many things you can try. When I don't get my exercise in I am more susceptible to binges and over eating. Exercise relaxes me and I get those lovely endorphins that my DH believes are imaginary! Also, if you have trigger foods, try to keep them out of your house as much as you can (again...don't always take my own advice!) Call a friend...read...any hobby that distracts you...go outside for just a few minutes, feel the sun on your face, take a few deep breaths and stretch like a cat for a minute. Some people like bubble baths, personally I prefer a nice shower Like I said, I can only give you these things to try, frankly, sometimes they work for me...sometimes I end up face first in the cupboard. I have struggled the last 2 1/2 days...I finally got it together about noon yesterday and have been doing well again. This time though, I believe it was tied to my cycle and not the binge monster...Either way though, I screwed up and messed up my progress for the week...today is my weigh in and I am at 160.5 half a pd higher than last week and after seeing 159 for a large part of this week it is disappointing to say the least. But! I have picked myself up, dusted off, and I am back in the saddle! So Giddyup! And hang in there! You can do it!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3''

I take a shower or nap or cook. Cooking for my family is my therapy. Or baking. (Either way they calm me, even though I am obviously in the midst of foods. Probably would not actually suggest this) Going for a walk for fun is good too. Just for fun. Looking at what's around you. Not thinking about how much you're burning off. It's nice to just go back to basics to reduce stress for me.

For the food, hide all the binge trigger ones on these days or in general. Or make sure you have some healthier options around the house at least.
WeightOnMyMind is offline   Reply With Quote