PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #1  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Default Weight Loss with PCOS -- March '07

Well girls this is the third month of 2007!! Where are you at in your weight loss goal with PCOS?

It's been a good first 2 months, don't let that weight loss train lose the steam now!! Keep on chugging!!

Join me this month and lets get down some pounds!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

hey all! I hope everyone is doing well
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #3  
bananaphone

S/C/G: 150/126/120

Height: 5'2.5

I'm still chuggin' along. The exercise wagon is not easy to stay on.
subbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/216/130

Height: 5'1

I'm here and continuing with my goal. I'm hoping to be down at least 12lbs this month. This is my third day on the SB Diet and it's not to bad. I will weigh in on Tuesdays.

Lori
Want2BSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love...

Hi girls! Can I join this little group too? I have weight to lose, a lot really. Lori, you said you are doing well on SB, where did you get the info? Did you buy the book or did you find it online somewhere? I try to use the Glycemic Index, but it is not always easy for me. I would love to hear how you are feeling on this SB diet!
Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journeys and goals!!! I know each and every one of you will succeed!
~ dixee ~
dixee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #6  

Everyone is always welcomed in this PCOS group! I would love to share something with you girls.

I have been on spiro and went to the dr today and from one month of being on that and trying to eat right by bp went from being 179/100 to 119/79!!!!!

How is everyone else?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love...

CONGRATS on your b/p drop! That is fabulous!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Thank you for the welcome as well!

~ dixee ~
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #8  

Dixee -- Glad that you feel welcomed here!!

I hope that we can do anything to welcome someone here. If you have ANY PCOS questions just ask. I will help you and find the best answer for you!

I was very elated about my BP dropping back to normal!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  
WW Moderator

Hi everybody, good luck in March! Spring is coming, and soon we'll all be in shorts and short sleeves.

I lost 4 pounds in February, and I'd like to double that for March. I don't know if that will be possible with less activity, though. I'm a terrible swimmer. It's like jogging in place for me. But I think I need to stay off my foot as much as possible for at least another month. It's not totally 'right' and I don't want to screw up and tear the fascia. Then I'll really be messed up! So I guess I better learn to swim better.

Dixee, welcome to the PCOS forum! You definitely should buy the book for SB. There is a lot of information that you need to read in order to do the diet successfully. The food list is rather long of what you can and cannot eat, and sometimes you can eat, but only certain kinds and amounts, etc. I did SB for a while, and I would have never made it without the book and the Carbs and Fats guide. Actually I think the whole plan is listed in the cookbook as well, and it has some updates that the original book doesn't have, so if I were to buy one of the books, it would be the cookbook and the carb/fat guide. You can also find a lot of info on the Chicks on the Beach forum in the FAQ section. Now I'm just assuming you were talking about South Beach and not SugarBusters. Sugar Busters is also a great plan, and in my opinion a lot more cut/dry and easier to follow than South Beach - and very similar.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

Erika, how many minutes for March so far?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #11  

So far about 15. But that was because we went to the mall and I walked around there for a good bit. We ate supper there with friends and then just looked around.

Thanks for asking!! (Maybe I will get these done!!)

Jennifer -- I am glad to hear that your foot may be getting back to where you can use it better!!

How are all my girls?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I've been floundering around lately, my own fault. I wanted to get up and exercise this morning but I had a huge headache, so I passed. I had a huge headache yesterday too, so not sure what is up. I am going to exercise no matter what today. I am also concentrating on food. I've been noticing a slow increase of my portion sizes and I'm stopping that right now.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love...

Good Morning ladies!

Jennifer: I do have one of the cookbooks for the South Beack Diet...great food! I will have to read it all again, because for some reason, I don't remember there being a big list of can/can't have foods! Maybe it is just a blonde moment! LOL

Nellie: Sorry to hear that your having such awful headaches! I do hope they subside soon!!!

Erika: Good job on your excersise, it is a start! Keep up the good work!~!

Me: Nothing realy new or exciting to mention, other than my favorite cargo capris from last summer are baggy this year! Yay, maybe it is just the humidity making me sweat (eww) a bit since my move to WA from OK...but I take any reason to make them a bit looser!! LOL Nothing else going on too great, bf and I are heading up to Seattle later today, then when I get back home I have midterms to start writing for school..ugh! Have a super day girls!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:52 AM   #14  

Nelie : Have you ever had your Blood Pressure checked?

For my minutes today : I'm up to 25/200!!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/216/130

Height: 5'1

Hi girls, I see that you are all doing well. That's awesome. As for me I am up 1 1/2, but that's my fault. I fell of the wagon this weekend so now I am starting over on the South Beach diet. Today is day 2 and all is going well. I need to have some motivation so that I can start exercising in the morning. Do you any of you have some tips on how to get motivated in the morning time?

dixee - I got the SB information from just searching online. Yay on your capri's being looser than last year, that is awesome.

Erika - Congratulations on the bp drop, that's wonderful news. Also congrats on the minutes for exercising.

Nelie - Hope your headache is gone and you were able to exercise this am.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Want2BSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote