100 lb. Club - March's NSV's

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : March's NSV's

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Hello everybody. I know February is the shortest month, but man oh man it REALLY flew by. We filled up 17 pages in 28 days. 17 pages!! Go us!! We MUST top that this month. We just must.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, receiving a compliment, fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and the such. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!! So let's start filling er' up.

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I had a couple of small NSV's. Although as far as I'm concerned even the smallest NSV is really not so small at all.

Last night DH and I were tossing and turning in the middle of the night. TMI alert. I kinda went over to him to snuggle, yes just snuggle. He said to me "When's the rest of you gonna come over" and then he said "You're just a slip of a girl now". I really, really loved that slip of a girl comment!!

Also I was making oatmeal cookies again yesterday, my daughter needed it for some school function. I made them last about 2 weeks ago or so and had eaten a tiny bit of cookie dough and 1/2 of a baked cookie, which I thought was pretty darn good. But yesterday - NOTHING, ZERO, NADA went down my throat. I still can't believe it.

RitzyFritz
03-01-2007, 08:15 AM
I wore a shirt to church last night that I have not been in for almost a year. It was a very good feeling.

Cheryl14
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Great goin', Robin, on resisting that COOKIE DOUGH!:chef: Baking moments are still my toughest challenges!

What a sweet hubby to say such a cute thing! I think you should put that under your name in your signature -Slip of a girl!:)

My NSV happened unexpectedly this morning as I was unloading the Easter bins from our crawlspace and loading up the Valentine bins back into the crawlspace. First of all it was a LOT easier just to maneuver around within the crawlspace (about 3 feet high)! The BIG DEAL this morning though, for me, was fitting BETWEEN the two stacks of bins! There was space for me, the two stacks of bins AND the pillar that supports the house! I fit into this small space! I actually sat back on the little stool with wheels that we use in there and gazed at the small space that fit ME! I'm going down there in a few minutes to get more stuff and plan to go in that space again just to make myself feel good! (Isn't it CRAZY the things that really get ya excited?!!:dizzy: )

Cheryl

LisaMarie71
03-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Robin, I love the "slip of a girl" thing -- that had to feel soooo good!!

Here's my 1st March NSV. My mom has been losing weight too, and she gives me clothes when they get too big for her, because she's a size or two smaller now. She gave me a jacket at Christmas and I could wear it but it was too tight to comfortably button it (I'm a bit top-heavy after all). This morning I put it on and not only could I button it but it overlaps considerably in the front when I close it. It's amazing how much your body can change in just a few months.

Also, the compliments keep coming lately, which really helps, especially because I've been having some stress at work. I have had kids being rude to me, parents being even worse (which I'm sorry to say is often the case), and just an overwhelming pile of work to do that I can't catch up on. Running and working out helps with the stress, certainly, but so do all those nice comments!

train
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
my boss came up to me and whispered in my ear "are you shrinking?"
which made me smile, but then she said, "is it because of all the stress.."
when i said no, then she said "so, it was planned...well you look good".

woohoo, i was so happy...and then i realized that the other nsv was that i stuck to my plan even during all the stress she was talking about! so, this lifestyle really does work....even when things are hard!! woohoo

Slashnl
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
LisaMarie: You have been an inspiration to me. You started out a little less than my start weight, but you are so close to a breakthrough that I dream about! There are many in this group that are making a difference in my life, and I count you among those. ONEDERLAND in sight! Awesome work you have done. I understand the stress of too much to do and not much for positive comments! Hang in there! This too shall pass! :hug:

LisaMarie71
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Slashni, thank you so much!! I almost cried when I read your post! I remember when I first started posting here in July and I looked at people's tickers and thought that it all seemed so far away. But time passes anyway, whether you make good choices or bad ones, and now look! I'm so much closer to my goal, and I've hit so many milestones. You'll be there before you know it.

I love knowing that I could actually be an inspiration to someone. I think the great thing about this board is that we all draw so much inspiration and encouragement from each other, and it doesn't matter what stage you're on in your journey -- everyone can learn from everyone else. It's truly a beautiful thing!! :)

GirlyGirlSebas
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
. But time passes anyway, whether you make good choices or bad ones, and now look! I'm so much closer to my goal, and I've hit so many milestones.

Thank you, Lisa. For some reason, I'm struggling with a negative mind-set today and I needed to be reminded of the big picture.

royalsfan1
03-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I know I'm sure getting tons of inspiration and motivation from you all who are already on the downhill slope of your ride!!

My NSV today - The jeans that were too tight to be comfortable when I started 6 weeks ago can now be slipped on and off without unbuttoning. AND, they are so darn baggy in the butt that I can feel the skin of my upper legs together....meaning that the crotch is somewhere below crotch level. haha Tomorrow I'm going to get some that fit better and these are off to Goodwill! Woohoo!

kristinaferina
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Does this count? I've been eating more salad with dinner. I'm eating it first, rather than last. When it was last, if I was full from eating dinner, I skipped it. Now, it's first, so I fill up on the salad (low fat dressing on the side) and eat a smaller serving at dinner.

kristinaferina
03-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh and I bought a new scale today. So I am ready to weigh in and get started!

JennyWenny
03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Someone at work noticed my weight loss. I was on :cloud9:

JasonsLea
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
My 1st March NSV:

I resisted: the orange juice with no nutrition facts listed, bacon, a muffin, a soda, a piece of chocolate, pizza, fries, and a piece of pie. And what makes it even weirder is that the fries, chocolate, and pie were the only things that I CONCIOUSLY resisted! Everything else, I just passed over without thinking about it. I didn't realize that until now. Freaky.

Oh and a co-worker asked me if I was losing weight. It's a question that is flattering but annoying at the same time. It's annoying to me because EVERYONE else can see that I'm trying to lose weight but me! I still look the same in my eyes.

Lifeguard
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I quit my job!!!!!

This has been an incredibly weird & stressful week starting with the co-owners at work getting into a fist fight & me having to call the cops. In the middle I was diagnosed with PCOS & given meds to help treat it. DH & I had a riproaring fight at 6am yesterday morning. Tomorrow I have an interview! Whew!!!

The NSV part (besides quitting a bad job) is that despite all of this I am still in a good mood. No sign of the depression & it's still winter! I feel like I am on top of the world!!!!

WindyCityChick
03-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Yay for everyone's March NSV's! Mine for today is that a co-worker at my new job - where I've been for all of three weeks now - asked me if I'm losing weight. Who would have guessed that someone who hardly knows me could see a difference in such a short time!

SexyRevealed
03-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Kristina, that definitely counts. I have a similar food NSV. I ate 2 salads today!!! Me, who used to hate salads. Well, for lunch I brought one of those Tuna kits (with the crackers and the mayo/relish). I wanted a side salad, so I ate that first and enjoyed it so much that I went back and got a bigger one and added the tuna on top. Then for dinner, instead of tacos, I made a taco salad (and even skipped the shell I usually crumble up). I think I'm going to try to eat a salad everyday. They are so filling and very tasty.

lilybelle
03-02-2007, 02:29 AM
DH and I went out to a comedy routine tontite and stayed for dancing afterwards. We enjoyed ourselves and not once did I feel uncomfortable about my weight like I always felt in the past.

rockinrobin
03-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Great going girls, we're on our way to filling up lots of pages for March!!!

I had a couple.

I didn't stick to planned meals yesterday for the first time. It was a crazy day, tons of paper work and other work matters to tend to and then I had to take my daughter to the mall who wanted some new clothing for a weekend trip with school next week got home real late and my planned supper was not happening. So although my eating was not the usual tons of veggies and protein *sigh*, it WAS well within my calorie range. Although I feel terrible about the lack of nutritional value, I am glad that on a hectic day I still managed to stay on my calorie budget. I also got in my exercise which in the past I would have just said the heck with it. It was much later then usual, but hey it still counts.

While at the mall, I had my first "OMG, I didn't even recognize you" comment. I banged into a mother of one of my daughters old classmates. Our daughters were fairly good friends. I had not seen her for close to a year now. She kind of walked right past me and I said hello and then turned she around to look and looked puzzled and did a double take and blurted out the above comment and a bunch of other complimentary stuff.

royalsfan1
03-02-2007, 08:00 AM
While at the mall, I had my first "OMG, I didn't even recognize you" comment. I banged into a mother of one of my daughters old classmates. Our daughters were fairly good friends. I had not seen her for close to a year now. She kind of walked right past me and I said hello and then turned around to look and looked puzzled and did a double take and blurted out the above comment.

That's FABULOUS!!!! How exciting!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow, Lifeguard! You have had a unusually rough week! So glad to hear you're beating the battle with depression.

Went to my first swim class last evening. I almost chickened out because I was nervous about every one seeing "the big chick" and I knew I wouldnt be able to swim the laps like everyone else. I was very much the biggest person at a pool full of toned fit kids and adults. But, I forced myself to remove my clothing and get in the pool. Boy, am I out of shape! And, very rusty! I have to learn how to breathe all over again. They probably had to re-fill the pool when I left....I swallowed most of it! :D I practiced kicks and strokes...and breathing...for an hour. At the end of the hour, I was extremely nauseous. I came home and went right to bed....no dinner and no American Idol or Survivor. I have a loooooooong way to go before I will be able to swim laps. My goal is 50 laps by the end of the year.

royalsfan1
03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Wow, Lifeguard! You have had a unusually rough week! So glad to hear you're beating the battle with depression.

Went to my first swim class last evening. I almost chickened out because I was nervous about every one seeing "the big chick" and I knew I wouldnt be able to swim the laps like everyone else. I was very much the biggest person at a pool full of toned fit kids and adults. But, I forced myself to remove my clothing and get in the pool. Boy, am I out of shape! And, very rusty! I have to learn how to breathe all over again. They probably had to re-fill the pool when I left....I swallowed most of it! :D I practiced kicks and strokes...and breathing...for an hour. At the end of the hour, I was extremely nauseous. I came home and went right to bed....no dinner and no American Idol or Survivor. I have a loooooooong way to go before I will be able to swim laps. My goal is 50 laps by the end of the year.

Rhonda - I'm just so proud of you for getting out there and doing it! I love to swim and have been needling my husband for a pool. I'm thinking how lovely it would be to just go outside and swim a few laps, myself!

penor
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm only 2 weeks in and last night I was able to put on a pair of jeans a size smaller than I wear. (had 'em sitting around because someone got them for me for Christmas) Anyway. I got them button and zipped. Pretty tight but 2 wees ago I couldn't do either!! So I'm pretty dang happy about THAT!!

zoritsa
03-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I can sleep on my stomach again! I haven't slept on my stomach in so long,it felt really weird...but it was the only way I could get comfortable.

boaterswife
03-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Congratulations, girls, each and every one of you! Comments, clothing sizes, eating more salad, unconsciously skipping over foods that aren't good for you, swimming, sleeping on your stomachs.....my, my, my you guys are my daily dose of inspiration! I would be lost without this site and without this thread!

Yesterday was one of those days where people said things to me all day long. I took the morning off work so DH and I ran some errands together. We went to the bank, where I ALWAYS go through the drive up window. DH always goes in...so, naturally we had to go in. The branch manager, who I've probably seen a total of 3-4 times in the last year (and never before that) came up to me and asked if I'd lost weight. I really didn't think she even knew who I was, know what I mean? She wasn't happy, however, when she asked what the "secret" was and I told her lots of exercise! I then got to school where I ran into my favorite male co-worker, whom I hadn't seen in person (mostly phone calls!) in about a month and a half. His jaw hit the floor, and he said, "You look fabulous! I can see you're still losing weight, don't you think you need to stop now, and maybe put a little on?" Love him! Then later in the afternoon three different students came up to me at different times and asked how I'd gotten so skinny. Me? Skinny? Nope, but I will be some day!

Angihas2
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
OK, this is strange.

My boobs are moving up!!! YAY. I noticed, when I got out of the shower, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I noticed a patch of skin that was really really oddly coloured. I was looking closer, trying to figure out if I had a rash or what, when I realised its the skin showing where my boobs, USED to be. YAY

royalsfan1
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh, I hope mine migrate north, too!

My NSV for today....went shopping and bought a pair of jeans and 2 shirts...each down 1 size! Throwing out the old jeans!

Lifeguard
03-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Great work Rhonda!!! It will get easier I promise. When I taught adults regardless of their size or even their fitness level on land everyone struggled at first. Swimming is just a different thing than anything we do on land. And believe me no one is looking they are all too self conscious about their own bodies.

I feel good today & that is my NSV. Plus today I went into a Tim Horton's (I really needed to pee!) & got my husband a coffee. Even though I felt compelled to get something when I actually looked at the stuff I realized I didn't have any desire to eat any of it. No doughnut, cookie or muffin looked remotely appetizing!!!!

Angihas2
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
WoW! Good job Lifeguard!! Donut shops are my downfall, I am SOOOO glad I do not have a Dunkin Donuts around me. I absolutely love the blueberry cake donuts!

crazynette826
03-03-2007, 03:58 AM
I went to my nephew's birthday party tonight, and my mom, dad, SIL, and brother each told me how good I was starting to look. They said it's really starting to show. Wish I could see what they do, but it's nice to hear!:)
I also only had half a piece of cake, which I had already planned into my points (ww) for the day! So it was a great party all the way around!!

Cheryl14
03-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Ooooooo! LOVE to read these!!! Congrats everyone! Isn't it great that we can be happy even if the scale doesn't move?!!!:)

Well, I'm STILL at 201. My body must have found a new best friend weight in 201! Hmmmmm! Maybe it likes ones and zeros! (Remember that I was stuck at 210 for that long while?)

ANYWAY, my jeans felt a bit looser in the waist EVEN AFTER coming straight out of the dryer, SOOOO I decided to measure myself. I have lost another inch in my waist! (Thank you, Turbo Jam and Core Secrets!!!) I thought, "What the heck! I'll measure my OTHER body parts, too. Maybe there's been some change there, too. Sure enough, I lost 1/2 inch in my calves, 1/2 inch in my thighs, 1 inch on my chest, and 1/2 inch in my biceps! That's FIVE more inches of me...GONE!!!!

Now, I gotta tell ya, I think it is very weird that you can lose inches without losing pounds. Yes, I KNOW that when you firm up you tighten up, but doesn't it follow that a WEIGHT CHANGE would go along with it? Don't get me wrong...I am THRILLED to lose the inches, but it just seems weird to me that the pounds don't follow right along.

Can you tell how anxious I am to get to ONEderland?!!!!:dizzy:

Glad to hear of all your successes, guys! I LOVE coming here and reading all the different ways that we are paying attention to our progress! That's SOOOOOOOOOOO important to the overall development of a weight control plan that we can take with us throughout the rest of our life!

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl

Lifeguard
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Now, I gotta tell ya, I think it is very weird that you can lose inches without losing pounds. Yes, I KNOW that when you firm up you tighten up, but doesn't it follow that a WEIGHT CHANGE would go along with it? Don't get me wrong...I am THRILLED to lose the inches, but it just seems weird to me that the pounds don't follow right along.

Cheryl

I am with you on this but in my experience the inches are going much faster than the pounds. Either way - I'll take it!

crazynette826
03-04-2007, 04:52 AM
I agree it's weird how the inches go down before the pounds. I was stuck at 200-202 FOREVER!! Or at least it seemed. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be in ONEderland before you know it. It would be stranger to have the scale move, but the measurements stay the same. That would make me very sad!!

Anyways, my NSV for the day is that even though I've been kind of sick all week, today I got a full workout in.

Hope and Faith
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi. I just was reading all of your fantastic NSV's and I wanted to say congratulations. I dont have any NSV's yet but I feel very inspired reading all of yours. Thank you for the pick me up and I hope that I soon will be able to add one! :D

royalsfan1
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
My NSV's for this weekend at my sister's house.

1. I stayed on plan for the entire weekend!
2. My sister said she could definitely see I was losing (especially in my face, she said).
3. My parents said I looked really nice but just couldn't put a finger on why. (I haven't mentioned dieting to them... :D)

jrenzul
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Any of you out there have issues when someone acknowledges your weight loss? I'd rather that they didn't say anything.I have to fight to not overeat!

Angihas2
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
My NSV came today, the kids and I had taken all the cushions off of the couch, built up a mountain in the middle of the living room floor. They were climbing up, bouncing, then jumping on me. Now, my daughter is all bones, knobby knees, pointy elbows, if she lands on you wrong, you'll feel it. Well, it use to be, if she jumped on me, with her knees up, it didn't hurt, she just landed in a pile of cushioney fat. Today she did it, I was laying on my side, those knobby knees came down with her body weight into my hip bone. THAT HURTS!!! But, there' alot less fat there now. YAY

rockinrobin
03-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I had a bunch over the weekend. Lots of compliments and the such. I'l just stick with this one for now.

My youngest daughter, 15 was out with friends Saturday night. My DH and I went to pick her up and we called her cell to tell her we were outside, she didn't pick up so I had to go in and get her. She's in a new school and I've yet to meet a few of her friends and they were there. I knew she would be embarassed by me having to come in and get her, but ummm, she didn't pick up the cell, so tough. I went in. I felt so good, too because I was wearing some new fitted clothing and I was just feeling good. I made nice chit chat with the girls and all was good. Yesterday morning I asked my daughter if I had embarassed her Saturday night. She said, no, not at all. She said she was so proud of me. That she has such a pretty mommy who dresses so well and was so talkative and funny with her new friends. I asked her if she would have been embarassed had I still been so fat. Not sure why I asked her. Anyway, she kinda looked away and refused to answer me. I told her honey, it's okay, I too would have been embarassed if my mom looked the way yours did. She's so good, she's never said anything to me about me embarassing her with my looks. I'm so glad those days are over. She told me later in the day that 1 of the girls texted her to say that her mom (me) is so pretty and funny and cool.

Charbar
03-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Ah... Robin that's the best! I remember being embarassed of my Mom at the tender age of 11 - I hate that I felt that way.

Even thought I have no weight loses (or gains) to report for the past two weeks I've noticed that my pants are getting really big. I've only lost 12 lbs.. but holy cow... I'll take it!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Robin, that is one of the coolest NSV's ever. Congratulations on having such a sweet daughter - but you know, I bet all your kids are that way.

My NSV is being able to get my coveralls on this weekend without STUFFING my fat into them.:D They zipped right up and I had several inches to play with! (they used to be sooo tight I was afraid the zipper would give way!):o

royalsfan1
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
So was it a good weekend ATVing? :)

Mrs Quadcrew
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh YEAH!!! We had a blast. Took it easy on Friday, but Sat. we rode hard for about 90 miles. I am still sore - but that means I was using muscles that have been lethargic all winter! I stayed on track eating, but it was difficult. (NO fresh salad where we were - no whole wheat bread) that kind of thing. I just stayed within my calories that I knew - and ate things as simple as possible. It was doable, but boy I sure missed my salads! The ATV riding was FANTASTIC! Weather was in the 50's both days. We're going back in 2 weeks for another one.

lilybelle
03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Robin, that is so sweet of your DD. I had a similar NSV on Friday night. DH and I went dancing and looked up and there was my 21 yr. old son beside us with a girl on the dance floor. He beamed up and said Hi to us and just kept on dancing. Wasn't at all embarassed that his parents were there. He actually said it was "cool" that we enjoy stuff like this. Plus he said "mom, you look better than 99% of the girls out there". Now, that about floored me. I'm so glad he isn't ashamed of me. I don't dare ask if he was ashamed before I lost weight, I know I was ashamed.

Today's NSV is that I got my SD and her 2 kids moved out to my MIL's. This really isn't wt. loss related perse but stress-relief for sure, which will in turn help me keep this wt. off.

Lifeguard
03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I brought my Girl Guides tubing yesterday & my snow pants easily did up!

glynne
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM
This is just a small thing, but for me it is a step in the right direction ~ I stopped at the store this morning on the way home from work to return something, and did not buy any snacks while I was there. That was especially an accomplishment for me because we had had a hard night at work, and usually I would have gotten some treat because I had "survived" a bad night.

jtammy
03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I love reading these, especially the "mom" ones from Robin and Lilybelle. That just makes it all worthwhile.

Gayle, great going on not buying the snacks. Just keep putting that one foot in front of the other. It is those "small things" that keep us on our journey. :hug:

rockinrobin
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I really love reading these. They're just so very special and I think that we all really appreciate and UNDERSTAND exactly what each of us posts.

Lilybelle, my face lit up when I read your last post. What a great feeling, your son sounds so dynamite and so darn proud of you. And I'm glad your guests are moving out.

I must say that my latest NSV, about my daughter and her friends, really was extra special. Kids and teenagers have such a hard time growing up without the added pressure of a mom who is morbidly obese and just looks plain old different. And of course we all have great kids and they try not to hurt our feelings by mentioning it, but of course, we're no dummies, we KNOW they have to be dieing inside. I really always tried to be friendly to my daughters friends, but also wanted to stay out of the way to avoid her being embarassed. It really did feel great to interact with them and then get their approval and of course have my own daughter so very proud of me. It's like she can't wait to show me off now. Of course this weightloss if first and foremost for ourselves, but it really does affect our entire families and you know what, they deserve it. They deserve to have a healthy and happy and "regular" sized mom. We strive so hard to give them the best of everything, clothing, ipods, cell phones and all that other stuff and of course the non material stuff as well, but we probably forget that the most important thing we can give them is a healthy mother. Mentally as well as physically.

RitzyFritz
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I wore a dress to church last night that I haven't been able to get into for a year. Gotta love these "clothing milestones."

JennyWenny
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
My pants I couldn't button, 3 months ago, without stuffing myself into them, fit wonderfully now. I even have to keep pulling them up.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Shrinking Daisy
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I LOVE this thread!!

I've got one too. :carrot: I'm running in public, in the daylight no less, and I don't care who sees me! I think I'm starting to overcome my self-conciousness! :D Maybe I'll be able to handle the gym sooner than I thought.

Oh, and I told my Mom that I am trying to lose weight and what I'm doing to try to lose it. I always shyed (sp???) away from telling anyone before because I was worried I'd fail and look stupid or I was worried that they'd laugh at me because they thought I couldn't do it. This time I am truly COMMITTED and this is going to be the last time I ever have to do this.... this time I'm gonna beat it so I don't care who knows what I'm doing! This is a whole new attitude for me.

Angihas2
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, this is so silly.

I do alot of size goal shopping at Goodwill. I lvoe that freaking store. Anyway, I have a size 10 dress hanging on my wall as my "I'm there" kinda goal. But, having now lost 50 pounds, I thought I'd pick up some intermittant sizes. I picked up a dress in a 14, and a skirt in a 16. For weeks I have been bemoaning that I am STILL at a size 18 on the bottom. Today I got the 16 over my hips and only have about 3 inches before I can zip it. I know skirts and pants fit different and because my lower tummy area is my biggest problem, it'll be a while before I can wrangle my meat apron into 16 JEANS, but I can wear a skirt and hide it. I am so excited. 4 weeks ago, I would have never even thought to try a 16, and had I tried it, I would NEVER have gotten it up. This is a business skirt, pin stripes in dark blue, there is no extra material for stretch so I know its a true fit, but man, what a rush to have the confidence to try it on and what a bigger rush to have it slide over my hips.

RememberHowToSmile
03-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow 5 days in March and we already have 4 pages. Iím impressed.

I have 3 NSV.

First, I went to see my friend for my spring break and not once while I was there did I over-eat. I didnít eat my normal food however I did make healthy choices and didnít gain any weight.

Second, the friend I went to visit I hadnít seen since July. When I saw her in July it was literally for 24 hours for he wedding (some of which we were sleeping so it wasnít much at all). So she didnítí really pay attention to any weight loss I had so far. Before that I hadnít seen her since my graduation in May. Either way I weighted a whole lot more then I do now. When she first saw me she said how good I looked and maybe five minutes later she looked at me and said when did you become tiny. Tiny! I never thought I would be described by someone as tiny.

Third, I needed to buy a new suit. My old one looked terrible on me and was way to big. I spent a lot of time looking around finding one that I really liked and I ended up finding one at JC Penny. My old suit was a 24 and barely fit (actually I donít think it did fit at my highest) the one I got last week was a size 16 pants and an 18 jacket. The week before I discovered I was a 16 at Lane Bryant however to be a 16 at a normal store was amazing!!!

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 08:11 AM
My NSV yesterday - We had a really rough day, yesterday, and as the cherry on the sundae we had a wreck. It was pretty minor, no one was injured, but it was kind of the final straw, you know? Anyway, after dinner I was SO tempted to say, let's run to Sonic for a blast, we all deserve a treat. But I didn't!!! Instead, I said, we need a treat, let's play a game! And we did. I think that may be the first time I have EVER set an example of a non-food treat for my kids. And they loved it! I don't think ice cream ever even occurred to them, thank goodness! :)

RitzyFritz
03-06-2007, 08:13 AM
My NSV yesterday - We had a really rough day, yesterday, and as the cherry on the sundae we had a wreck. It was pretty minor, no one was injured, but it was kind of the final straw, you know? Anyway, after dinner I was SO tempted to say, let's run to Sonic for a blast, we all deserve a treat. But I didn't!!! Instead, I said, we need a treat, let's play a game! And we did. I think that may be the first time I have EVER set an example of a non-food treat for my kids. And they loved it! I don't think ice cream ever even occurred to them, thank goodness! :)

That is wonderful!! I can SOOOO relate to this. You did great, so pat yourself on the back for me! :hug:

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks Ritz. To most people it would seem like such a non-thing but I know everyone here understands how big it really is. I am very happy with myself this morning.

rockinrobin
03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Royalsfan, it IS big. How I only wish I would have done things like that with my kids when we they were growing up. My kids are now 19.17 and 15. I blew it. How I wish a treat was a family game of football or Monopoly or even watching a good movie together, but no our treats were ice cream and baking homemade cookies.

I'm glad your wreck was only minor.

RitzyFritz
03-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Robin is right! It IS a big thing. But you are also right....most people who aren't changing their lifestyles would probably not see it as such. I think it is great.

I too am glad your accident was only minor.

Cheryl14
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi Tricia!

SOOO glad that the accident was a minor one and SOOO proud of you for choosing the game as a special thing rather than food! The kids AND you will remember that a lot longer than any food fest!

Here's MY NSV:

On Sunday my daughter-in-law was looking outside into the WHITE OUT and saying how she was SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD to her 10-15 mile run that day. She's in training for her first Ultra (100 mile run) this August and needs to exercise A LOT every day. (A "short run" for her is 10-15 MILES!) I said that I was planning on doing an hour of Turbo Jam and MAYBE that might be an OK replacement for at least SOME of the exercise that she was planning that day.

Her eyes got big and she said, "YES! Let's DO IT!" Now, remember I am the non-athlete in the family of athletes. I just invited a five-time marathoner and athlete-in-training for an ULTRAMARATHON to join ME in one of MY workout sessions! What was I thinking?!!!!:?: Talk about REALLY making myself feel BAD!!!:(

WELL, we had a BLAST! We giggled each time we kicked one another (Oops! She has really long legs and I am uncoordinated and we have a relatively small space in our familyroom!) Part way through she ran upstairs to get her waterbottle because she was sweating and thirsty. Chalene Johnson is so great on the DVDs, and my daughter-in-law was really enjoying all the encouragement! (She said after that you don't get any encouagement running alone on a fifteen or twenty-mile run. You just tend to "zone out." She apologized for losing focus about 45 minutes in because "when you run you just keep one foot going in front of the other over and over. When you do something like this (Turbo Jam) you reallly have to THINK!"

It was a great bonding experience for us in a completely different way. Because I had done the DVD many times, I actually didn't look too bad even compared to a genuine ATHLETE. We connected in a completely new way, as mom-in-law and future daughter-in-law just jammin' away and having a sweaty fun time. I'll bet we do that again!:carrot:

Cheryl

boaterswife
03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Alright, ladies, I've been MIA for a few days, but I'm back! I've still been on plan, just can't seem to find the time to hit the computer!

They deserve to have a healthy and happy and "regular" sized mom. We strive so hard to give them the best of everything, clothing, ipods, cell phones and all that other stuff and of course the non material stuff as well, but we probably forget that the most important thing we can give them is a healthy mother. Mentally as well as physically.

Robin, wow. That's all I can say...what an eye-opening post for me. I've never actually thought of the weight loss this way, but it shedds a whole new light on things....thank you!

Everyone, your NSV's are so wonderful! I've just spent the last 10 minutes catching up on them, and got teary-eyed more than once!

Yesterday we went to the state capitol for DD to receive a Glory award in the House of Representatives. I wore that new outfit (dress slacks, jacket, etc) that I went shopping for a week or so ago. I felt so GOOD! Several students that I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said I looked great, and to keep it up. I wore high heals ALL day, and my feet didn't ache until we were on our way home, a full 10 hours after I had put them on...and we did a lot of walking and standing. My in-laws accompanied us on the trip. My MIL unknowingly gave me a glimpse of my former self.....I ate a bowl of oatmeal before we left yesterday morning, but about two hours into the trip they all wanted to stop for breakfast. MIL ordered a full meal at Waffle House, I ordered a wrap, but gave over 1/2 of it to DH. Only a short hour/hour and a half later we were in the capitol building where a pizza luncheon was set up for us. I told DH to grab me a bottle of water and skip the pizza, no way could I eat since we had just eaten breakfast. MIL grabbed two large slices of thick crust pizza, ate them both, and contemplated a third. Fast forward about and hour and a half, and the kids were treated to ice cream at a local place near the capitol building. MIL had a large waffle cone with what had to be at least a pint of ice cream in it. I did splurge and order 1 scoop of ice cream, but threw half of it away, just a couple bites satisfied me. We then began our trip home, and MIL wanted to stop for dinner.....OMG, more food?! I skipped the meal and had lemon water while they ate. I was still full from earlier. Now, I know this sounds like I'm just downing my MIL for what she ate, but that's not it. It was eyeopening. A year ago I would have been right beside her and eaten the same things she ate whether I had been hungry or not. I wouldn't have wanted to rock the boat, so I would have eaten. Yesterday I chose what I ate, and didn't eat if I wasn't hungry. I feel so empowered.

Slashnl
03-06-2007, 12:55 PM
What wonderful posts! So encouraging and so touching.
Loved your post, Cheryl. I'll bet your future daughter-in-law will remember that bonding time for a long time, too.
Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

LisaMarie71
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to catch up on this thread, but there are so many amazing victories I can't keep up! Everyone's doing so wonderful -- I LOVE reading about it.

Shrinkingdaisy, I love that you're running in public in broad daylight! It took me a long time to get comfortable with that, and now I pretty much run in front of ANYone. I just don't care anymore. It's worth it to me, for the feeling I get from my runs, and for my health! For years, I was afraid to MOVE in public, for fear of someone thinking "Oh, look at the fat girl trying to move!" How silly.

I don't have a specific NSV right now. I get lots of compliments lately, but nothing stands out. I guess that's an NSV right there - the fact that I'm USED to compliments! Lately, I'm getting more of the general "You look so great!" variety, instead of just about the weight loss. I think that's because I'm starting to glow because I'm happier! :)

Oh wait, I do have a little NSV...I ran 4 miles yesterday, and I actually CHOSE to run a route with hills to see if I could do that distance without walk breaks. Not only did I run the whole distance, but I finished it in a faster time than I ran a flat 4-mile course last week! :carrot:

RitzyFritz
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
In another thread we discussed measurements, and I replied that I am really encouraged on measurement day (once a month) even though the scales have been disappointing. Well, today is really an encouragement to me! The amounts listed are since I began on 1/7/07. :carrot:

Measurements:
Waist: 3/4" gone!
Hips: 2-1/8" gone!
Legs (largest part of thigh): 1-3/4" gone!
Right and left legs 2" above knee: 1/2" right, 1/4" left gone!
Left arm 4" below shoulder: 3/4" gone!
Right arm 4" below shoulder: 1/4" gone!
Lower/stomach back 1" below belly button: 3/4" gone!
Bust: 3-1/2" gone!

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Ritz...that's awesome! Way to go!!! That's almost 11 inches of you completely gone! I'll bet you feel just wonderful. I can't wait to measure again and I have until the end of March to go. haha

Lisa - I noticed your ticker moved and you're sitting right on the 200# mark. You know what that means, don't you....I'll bet your next weigh in has you in the 100's for good! Fabulous.

Cheryl - I'm thinking of buying TurboJam...which one would you recommend?

I just love this thread...it is so MOTIVATING!

RitzyFritz
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Ritz...that's awesome! Way to go!!! That's almost 11 inches of you completely gone! I'll bet you feel just wonderful. I can't wait to measure again and I have until the end of March to go. haha

Oh yes, it does make me feel wonderful! Definitely a sense of accomplishment when I can get so worked up over the scales barely moving each week. ;)

WamTam
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
It's nice to be able to share this here. I had been feeling down cause the scale only said I lost 2 pds. Bf came up behind me put his hands on my waist and said look sweetheart you have a waist again. (sure it's not much of one but made me feel great) :carrot: :carrot: Needless to say I was happy.
It gets so disapointing when I don't see the results but wonderful when someone else notices.:hug:

I love reading your posts they are very very motivating!! Gives me courage!

NewDay4MeToo
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I love coming here to get my "warm fuzzies" for the day.

I ate in the correct calorie range today!

This last weekend my guy and I talked a lot. He said, you are so gorgeous, Christine. You are lovely and your form is beautiful. I know you may not be where you want to be yet, but you are so amazing now. If you never lose another pound, remember that.

Sigh, he is so wonderful.

beautifulone
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
This last weekend my guy and I talked a lot. He said, you are so gorgeous, Christine. You are lovely and your form is beautiful. I know you may not be where you want to be yet, but you are so amazing now. If you never lose another pound, remember that.

Sigh, he is so wonderful.

That's beautiful of him!

rockinrobin
03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Christine - TOO sweet!!!!

Ritzyfritz - FANTASTIC!!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you. Oh how I wish I would have taken my measurements in the beginning. But those actually terrified me more then the numbers on the scale.

Lisamarie - your running is just so unbelivably impressive. You are amazing. Simply amazing.

My little NSV. I went for an endoscopy yesterday. They put me on one of those skinny, narrow little beds. In the past I would have been bulging out of it. But, nope I fit in there just fine with PLENTY of room to spare. HAving a medical procedure done without all the extra weight on me was just so much less worrisome. Even horribly unpleasant things are so much more pleasant now. They then had to move me and I said to the guy that was moving me "You're so lucky I just lost over 100 lbs, makes it A LOT easier to move me." He laughed and told me not to worry, I'm real easy to move. He couldn't believe I had lost all that weight.

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Robin, I LOVE your NSV! I have such bad memories of breaking my ankle in 2004 and dealing with stuff like that as an obese person. I remember talking to the orthopedic surgeon's office on the phone to prepare for surgery, and they asked me how much I weigh because they had to make sure the regular operating table was sturdy enough. Ugh. My husband was in the other room and I never told him my weight, so I tried to whisper 275 into the phone (and I think I probably weighed more at the time). I had to repeat it several times because she couldn't hear me. Then she told me to take all my jewelry off for the surgery and my husband and I had to struggle for over an hour to get my wedding band off. I didn't put it back on for about a year because it was too tight. Now I can slip it off easily. Being on crutches at 275 was pretty awful too -- sitting on the toilet was difficult when you had to drop yourself using one leg, and I ended up breaking the toilet seat. We haven't gotten around to getting a new one, so my taped-together toilet seat is a constant reminder of that awful time!! Boy, I really need to buy a new one...

So many of the NSVs for us 100lb clubbers are just about being able to do normal things. Fit in student desks and plane seats, ride a roller coaster, have surgery on a normal table, etc. People really don't know how hard it is to worry about things like that -- most people never even give those things a thought. I will NEVER go back to living that kind of life. I simply won't.

My NSV this morning: my husband and I were riding to work together, and he put his hand on my knee and talked about how small my leg is. He's done it before, but today I could really tell he was surprised and pleased by the shape and size of my leg! It's a little thing, and he's made lots of positive comments, but today I could just see in his face how happy he is that I'm getting healthy and looking and feeling better.

rockinrobin
03-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Lisamarie I knew you guys would appreciate it. Being on crutches must have been so awful. I know I may have mentioned this before, but prior to my weightloss, I was ALWAYS worried. Terrible anxiety. One of them was breaking a bone. I just knew that I could not handle the medical stuff necessary to repair it and then using crutches. It would have been out of the question. Snow and ice on the ground terrified me because I was soooo afraid of slipping and falling and breaking something.

You're right Lisamarie, these things that most people take for granted is only something the 100 lb clubbers and up can really understand. That lifes ordinary things become a worry and misery. Sheer misery.

I can also appreciate your hubby and his leg comment. Which brings me to my next NSV. I realized that lately my husband has lots of new endearments for me. Just this morning as we were passing through the hallway of our home, he said to me "Hey slim". Slim. And I notice he's been doing it a lot lately. He called me small stuff the other day and small fry. Not a day goes by anymore where he doesn't talk about how small and fit and boney and muscular I've become. And yes, I can tell he's so happy and appreciative that I have become healthier and more fit and all right - better looking, lots better looking - and feeling. And quite frankly - I LOVE IT.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Reading all of these today has special meaning to me now ~ we all know we shared those worries and loosing this weight is so magical to each of us. I am still at the beginning of my journey - I am 1/4 of my way there now ~ but just KNOWING I am gonna be there too someday, it sure makes me smile. WE are an incredible group here, that is for sure!

Angihas2
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I love reading all of these. Lisa and Robin give me so much hope!!

So, I said yesterday I was going down to the Cosmetology School, its one of the better ones in this tri-state area. In fact, most of the upscale salons I called said that when a student comes from SECS she/he tends to get priority over other recent graduates because the school requires students go to current hair shows and participate in state/national events to keep them up to date and on the competitive edge and that 98% of the students from that school are better in basic technique and fundamental knowledge than other school graduates and often have more of a flair for what works for each customer, since the school spends so much time on making students learn basic facial and head structure. So, I did it. I enrolled, filled out all my financial aid info. Hopefully, nothing goes wonky and I can start April 3rd. Before, I would have felt intimidated, all these girls and guys, great hair, make up, cute clothes etc. Being more than 50 lbs heavier would have kept me from enrolling. Not only did I tour the school, the instructor complimented me on my make-up/hair<which I do at home> and told me even with the coloring/highlighting I had kept my hair in great condition and my make up was artful, well put on and showed great talent and eye for color and technique. Granted, in my younger years I did alot of modeling and picked up alot of tips and knowledge, but before I would have brushed it off and pretended it was an accident.

I have found, with the weight loss, which is ALOT, but not all of it, I have become so much more confident. Matt remarked a few days ago, that I'm turning back into the "old-Angi", at first I thought he meant I was making bad food choices, and he explained, one of the things that always drew him to me was my supreme self-confidence. That I use to look everyone straight in the eye and make myself known and since putting on weight, I had become more withdrawn, less social and 80% less confident in myself and my abilities. In retrospect, he's right. Everyone intimidated me. Especially women. Women who were fit, not always skinny, well put together, etc. I would become intimidated in my frumpy fat chick clothes with those ridiculous flounces they tell us make us look more modern and "slim" Poopycock! They're horrible on most overweight women, but thats what they sell us. So, I'm happy, I can't wait to start classes. Even if I never use this certifcate, I plan on testing for my apprentice license, doing the 6 mos apprenticeship and going for my master license. So, in 2 yrs or so, <16 mos school, test, 6 mos apprenticeship, then test again> I will have fulfilled one of my lifetime goals. Frankly, I don't think I would have done this had I not lost weight. My weight held me back from EVERYTHING.

Katheryne
03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I love reading this thread, it's exactly what I need to see when the scale isn't doing what I want it to.

Yesterday I was going through some old clothing to give to the Diabetes Association and I stumbled upon some things I had in high school, and haven't worn in about 9 years. They got stored away when I got too big for them, and I can't remember wearing any of the pants without having a muffin-top effect, even when they did fit. I decided to try them on, and to my surprise all of the pants fit perfectly without a trace of the muffin-top. Looks like I'll be keeping these and giving my fat-pants to the Diabetes Association this time around! :D

jennylou
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Today I'm wearing a size 14/16 shirt. Now, to be true, it could be a little longer, but I don't think it was ever really long when I wore it before, but add in my BF boobies and it covers the waistband and since it fits nicely every where else - well, it's mine! :)

RitzyFritz
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Ritzyfritz - FANTASTIC!!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you. Oh how I wish I would have taken my measurements in the beginning. But those actually terrified me more then the numbers on the scale.

Thanks, Robin! :hug: I hear ya about them being frightful, but I had to face the facts and do it anyway. The numbers are still scary, but seeing them come down is much better than the alternative!

My NSV today is I almost talked myself out of working out today because of a pressing schedule. But, I QUICKLY said to myself "Aint no way! I've come this far and it wasn't to turn around!" This has ALWAYS been a weak point for me in the past, so I feel I have beat one of the harder things about this journey. :carrot:

Lifeguard
03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I have been off work for almost a week now & I am still easily waking up early in the morning (ok - early for me is 7:30-8:00). I feel so much more productive and adult!

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Angihas, thanks so much for saying that Robin and I give you hope! How wonderful!! One of the great by-products of the success I've had so far is knowing that people can look at my ticker and see that it IS possible to lose a lot of weight. And we all look at Robin's success and just marvel at how great she's doing -- it gives us all inspiration! I loved reading that you're more confident now -- losing weight really does give one a boost in that area!! :)

Katheryne and jennylou -- great clothing NSVs! Those are always wonderful, aren't they?

Ritzy, I'm impressed by your determination and commitment! I think once we notice that we will NOT give up our workouts, we realize how truly committed we are. It's a turning point when you realize just how important your commitments are to you, and then you know that you WILL succeed!

Another little NSV for me today: another teacher told me that students in her class frequently talk about how different I look this year and how good I look!! She said she's been meaning to tell me that she hears it all the time! That was nice to hear. It's always nice to know people are saying good things even when you're not there to hear them, because then you know they truly mean it!!

kaepepper
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Victory! I went to SuperTarget because I needed to get a refill on a medication today after work - and I was hungry because I hadn't had dinner yet. (Ill-advised move on my part, but oh well). The great thing - it was hard, but I walked past my prior "binge foods" and felt really great about it. Came home and ate a great dinner - didn't respond crazily to my hunger.

royalsfan1
03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Awesome job, kae!

Lisa - It's great that kids are noticing! Their heads are so often in the clouds that it's hard to get them to notice anything! :)

My NSV for today - a friend at church said she could tell I was "shrinking"... That's the first time an "outsider" has said anything... :D

SexyRevealed
03-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Great NSV's today!

My clothing NSV for today... I buttoned my blazer!!! I have one of those jackets, you know that you can wear open but can't button. Well, it buttoned! And without that awful pulling and everything... LOL. I also have the same blazer in a different color and a smaller size. I can't wait to get into that one. :)

Cheryl14
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Yesterday I went to the parent meeting which takes place the week that track season officially begins. I've known Coach since my oldest son was on the team eight years ago. He hadn't seen me since the team picnic last year in May when our youngest son was a junior in high school. At that time I weighed about 260.

Anyway, Coach smiled and walked right by me. I thought he just had lots of stuff on his mind as he got ready for the meeting. I sat down and the meeting began. I went to talk to him afterwards. He was polite but reserved like when you are talking to a new person that you have just met. I mentioned how excited I was to have BOTH of my sons on the team this year- one as a participant and the other as an assistant coach. He got this strange look on his face, fell backwards a bit and said, "Oh my gosh! It's YOU, Cheryl! You were sitting in front and I THOUGHT you looked familiar but you looked SO MUCH YOUNGER that I didn't think it was YOU!"

Well, I'm a huggy kinda person:hug: even with people I just meet, but THIS COMPLIMENT from a GUY, and a COACH, well, I almost KISSED Coach!!:carrot:

I am COMPLETELY blown away when I get reactions from people like that! I KNOW I have lost almost 75 pounds, but somehow I don't expect reactions like that until I have lost much more. I guess since I see myself every day I am losing the "Oh MY GOSH!" feeling when I see myself in a mirror or in a reflection of a store window. When people haven't seen me in over a year I guess I DO look so much different that they are shocked. I've been heavy for the last TWENTY YEARS at least, so the majority of my adult years have been spent in PLUSville!

Coach's compliment will keep me going for WEEKS!

Cheryl

boaterswife
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh, Cheryl, how wonderful! I understand exactly what you're saying about his comments....cloud nine for sure! And what is it about the comments coming from men that boost us even more? Again, how wonderful for you....ride on that comment for as long as you can!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
What a great feeling Cheryl!!

Today's NSV for me was I can finally wear my seatbelt without doing areobics to get it fastened!!

Angihas2
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Aren't compliments from people we've known for so long and who don't even recognize us fantastic?!

OK, I have a really long inseam, 35", normally, I buy 36" inseams for my jeans to make up for those heels I tend to wear on most of my shoes. I have alot of jammie/lounge style pants for around the house, sized from 1-3X, all of them, that used to fit a bit snug in the waist, now hang around my hips and every single pair of them is to LONG. I couldn't figure out why for 2 days, I kept walking on my pants, "what in blazes is wrong with these pants", DUH!!! Not as much waist and hips for the material to cling to, it's gotta go somewhere. SO, all of my fave house pants are now to long. So, instead of buying new ones, I'm rolling the waistbands up, until I'm firmly in a Large size, then I'm getting new ones! I did get rid of all the 2-3X's since I literally, walked out of them. So, now I've got 2 huge bags of clothes to donate.

Kae
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Last night's NSV... I exercised! I tried out a new gym last night. I am a member of one of those 24 hour Chain Gyms.. I had been struggling (very unsuccessfully) to make myself go to a gym near my work. It is very big and new and hi-tech. And the mirrors... they are everywhere. You have to stare at yourself the entire time you work out. So last night I tried out one of the gyms that was a couple minutes from my house. It was great. It was tiny in comparison.. definately older.. quieter.. and much more comfortable! I think I can get into going there regularly. I tried out the new equipment and such that I was afraid and embarrassed to try at the other gym. I just looked at the pictures on each machine of how to use it and went around testing them out. Woo hoo! I am very excited about it. I think I am finally crawling out of the gutter I fell into.

Lifeguard
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow - so many great NSV's!

I lost 1.5" this week!

jennylou
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
kae - way to go on working out!

lifeguard - congrats on the inches lost. :)

angi - woot! awesome that you can get rid of the bigger sizes.

mrsquadcrew - congrats on the seatbelt. :)

cheryl - that must have you still floating on cloud 9. :)

rockinrobin
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
OMG soooo many incredible NSV'S, just one after the other. I love Tiffany's with closing her blazer and Cheryl's HUGE compliment and Lifeguard's missing inches and Kae's exercise and Angihas's TWO bags of clothes to give away.

And of course, Mrs. Quadcrew's seatbelt NSV. OMG, that is SUCH a great feeling. I remember that day. It was complete and utter joy for me. I just felt so regular. To not have to struggle with something that is so important and that we do so often. Enjoy Mrs. Quadcrew. Enjoy.

RememberHowToSmile
03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
A class mate of mine (who Iíve known since first year undergrad 6 years ago and has always has been thin) looked at me as said ďI donít know if I should say this but youíve lost a lot of weight. I donít know if appropriate to say.Ē I replied with thank you, yes I have, and itís a complement. It was very nice that she noticed and attempted to find a gracious way to say.

LisaMarie71
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Such great NSVs! (Cheryl, I LOVE yours!!) :)

Today I got lots of compliments. I usually get them when I wear clothes that actually fit instead of all the baggy stuff I've been wearing! Today I had on a nice shirt and pants, both size 16, and I actually felt like I looked good. It's hard for me to say that, but I'm getting much more self-esteem lately. Anyway, I got some "skinny-minny" and "slim jim" comments, which still crack me up, and then something happened that I really liked. After school, a coworker came into my room and quietly took a seat in one of my student desks. I don't see her much, so she hasn't commented on my weight loss yet. Today, however, she simply sat down and said, "Ok, tell me how you're doing it." Then she carefully listened to my whole plan and we talked it all out, and I gave her advice, and she thanked me for it. It was weird to give advice to an acquaintance about weight loss after being obese for so long. Then my mother called and asked for advice as well!! She's the one who lost 45 pounds and inspired me to start this, and now she's looking to me for advice! Life is so weird but good lately...

rockinrobin
03-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh Lisamarie that's a great one. I love when someone wants to hear what I do. And the funniest thing about it is sometimes it's people that are so thin, at least to me. And they want tips. I guess they need to lose 10 lbs or so. And they ask me. Too funny. Who wouldv't thunk it?

My NSV: It is my anniversary on Saturday and just as luck would have it, ALL of my kids will be away Friday night and not coming back til Saturday night. I still can't believe it. So tomorrow I am headed to buy myself some new and pretty lingerie. I haven't done that in, I don't know 17 years or so. I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you. I better have the smelling salts ready, cause hubby just might pass out. And instead of going out to dinner and eating off plan, we will be staying HOME and I will be cooking something fabulous and healthy. I mean why go out when we've got the whole house to ourselves?

Cheryl14
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Have a wonderful anniversary dinner, and enjoy every moment in your new lingerie (or for as long as it STAYS on! Ah-hem!!!!)

Especially enjoy sharing that new body with your husband as a SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY PRESENT to BOTH of you!

:val1: :val1:

Cheryl

lilybelle
03-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Happy Anniversary Robin.

I had a weird NSV tonite. I was at JC Penney's and looking for a new swimsuit in the women's department. They do sell the top and bottom separately and I still couldn't find my size. The clerk lady came to help me and I explained that I needed a 10-12 on top and a 4-5 on bottom. She informed me that I needed to find one in the Junior's department as the ones in the ladies dept., the bottoms would all be too BIG for me. Little things like this still surprise me when they happen as it's so ingrained in me that I needed the Plus Size Section, not the Women's department, and certainly NEVER, EVER a Junior's department.

My other NSV is me and DD went to dinner and a scary movie tonite and she told me how much she enjoyed "hanging out" with me tonite. This made me happy.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Robin - you have fun picking out that new lingerie!!!

Lily - what an awesome NSV!! Reading that makes me smile!!

My NSV for the day is at breakfast this morning I told DH how much weight I have lost for the week, and he said, you can really tell now. Your face shows it and you look sooo good in jeans now!:o :D (still a long way to go before I think I look good in jeans, but it was great to hear it from him!);)

RitzyFritz
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Mrs Quadcrew: Those moments are SO sweet! I love it!

Kae
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
My NSV last night was kinda the whole gym experience. I was at work until 10 last night and was pretty much watching the clock for the second I could leave and I thought to myself, "15 minutes left and then I get to go to the gym and go home." I suprised myself. "I GET TO" go to the gym.. and not "I HAVE to go."

Then while at the gym I may have made a possible workout buddy. I began causually talking to her. I was doing the Stair-Machine for about 25 minutes when she came over and was like, "Okay, how are you still doing that!? I can't even last 5 minutes." Then she got on the one next to me and was like, "I guess if you can do it for that long then I can do it for 5 minutes." And she did. We were the only ones there so we walked around and talked for the next hour and did various workouts there. We have similar schedules so I may see her tonight at the gym too.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
That is great that you've found a place where you LOVE to go - and even having a new friend to boot!!

lilybelle
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Mrs. Quadcrew, WTG on the great compliment from DH. It means so much when we hear positive comments from our SO's.

Kae, that sounds so awesome to find a friend at the gym. I wish I had an exercise buddy. My DD is good to want to walk sometimes with me, but mostly she just wants to be on the phone or computer.

After my off plan night of dinner and a movie (with popcorn of course) last night. I'm back full swing on plan today.

GR8 2B48
03-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Congratulations to everyone else on your NSV's. I went shopping because my pants were getting baggy. I knew I would need a size smaller. To my surprise, I could actually move down 2 sizes. That was a great NSV for me because I haven't enjoyed shopping in a long time.

Denise

JasonsLea
03-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Happy Anniversary Robin!

My NSV for today is actually one that has been happening alot lately: someone told me I looked very pretty without my glasses. I know that doesn't have anything to do with WL but it's....WEIRD! It happens almost everyday at work. I broke my glasses when I had that car accident and I don't have the money right now to get new ones so I have to wear these contact lenses that I had brought some months ago and never really used. My friends have always told me that I look "hot" without my glasses, but come on! They're my FRIENDS! Now it's random people at the hospital doing it and I don't know how to act. Today it was one of the cooks in my department. It's just so unfamiliar, you know? I've never really had so much positive attention before. :dunno:

royalsfan1
03-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I've got 2 NSVs today.

1. A pair of pants that had been retired as too tight at some point last year have not only been recovered from my closet....but they slide up and down without undoing the button and zipper!

2. Went to a charity banquet tonight. Ate 1/2 the chicken, all the green beans, 1/2 twice baked potato, 1/2 roll, 1 bite of pecan pie and 1 bite of strawberry cake. Came home satisfied and THRILLED when I logged in my food and was UNDER my low end calorie range!

jennylou
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I wore a pair of size 20 cords yesterday. When I started, I was wearing a very tight 24. My size 22 jeans are so loose, I really need to retire them, but don't have a pair to replace them yet. Don't know if I want to buy another pair in a 20, or if I want to wait until I get back firmly in the teens. :)

Today's NSV came with me not eating any pizza at bowling tonight. :)

royalsfan1
03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Great job, jenny.

I have one more. My high school class ring slips on and off my finger again without effort. Like I've said before, my arms, legs, etc didn't put on as much weight as my middle so my hands never got very fat. But, they are now back to what their normal size is....even for skinny me....which I think is exciting! My class ring wasn't your typical looking one...it's very pretty, in fact, and it's kind of fun to be able to wear it again. :)

LisaMarie71
03-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Such wonderful victories, everyone!

I have two to share today. Last night I saw a former coworker -- I hadn't seen her since June, so she hasn't seen me since I lost any of this weight. She told me I look "amazing" and she couldn't stop talking about it. Fun! :)

This morning on the group run with my 10k training team, my friend and I took a wrong turn on our route and missed one of the little side roads. She wanted to just skip it, and I was going to go along with it, but I just couldn't. We would've done the scheduled 5 miles without it (our route was longer today than the schedule asks for), but everyone else was doing the whole route and I just couldn't skip part of it. I told her I had to run back and pick up that piece of the route and she could go on without me. She went back and did it too, however, and we ended up doing 5.5 miles! I was proud of myself for not cutting corners, and I was proud of her for sticking with me. That gave me an extra boost at the end and I had lots of energy on the last stretch. Yay!

royalsfan1
03-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Lisa - your running stories are always so inspiring! I'm so impressed with your dedication!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I did a health screening today - cholesterol was 166!! Blood sugar was 86. the thin lady setting beside me couldn't believe my numbers were lower than hers! Just proves that I know I am eating the way I should for the rest of my life! (now to get the BP down!)

Angihas2
03-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I did a health screening today - cholesterol was 166!! Blood sugar was 86. the thin lady setting beside me couldn't believe my numbers were lower than hers! Just proves that I know I am eating the way I should for the rest of my life! (now to get the BP down!)

Good for you!!! I've had that happen to me too, usually during pregnancy. I'm tall, Matt's 6'3", our kids are gonna be tall yanno? With every pregnancy but my first, I was obese, I started both my daughter and my sons pregnancies at 255, with my daughter I lived on Carl's Jr, dbl western burger, chili cheese fries and a huge dr pepper. She was 6.11 and 19" long. My son, I ate so freaking healthy, ended up gaining MORE weight with him AND he was 24"s long and 9.11. The lady in the room with me, was a tiny bitty thing, her kid was 13 lbs and she was offended that "the fat chick in the other bed"<her words not mine> didn't have GD and she did. It's like being thinner/smaller gives people a "Stay Healthy" card in their mind or something. It's insanity.

So, my NSV, we had to go to the store, took the kids blah blah. We're having spaghetti tonight, a trigger food for me, since I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garlic bread. I automatically grabbed the garlic bread from the deli, preslathered with who knows what, halfway through the store, I'm checking the cart to make sure I have everything and realized what I had done, I chucked the bread and told Matt I'd rather spend my calories on something else.

kaepepper
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
HUGE craving for ice cream last night as i was at my friend's house - I left and intended to give in and stop at the grocery store on the way home, but I WILLED myself to just drive past!!!

sexybrokechick
03-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Today, I passed Rita's Water Ice. I haven't been to one in years since I've been away and I wanted a gelati (water ice and fro-yo layered, sugar shock in a cup) so bad. I walked past without going in.

LisaMarie71
03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Great job on passing up off-plan foods, you guys!! That's such a great NSV.

I went to a birthday party tonight at the house of a couple I haven't seen in a long time. The husband kept saying "You look GREAT!" and when my husband showed up, he kept saying to him "Your wife looks great!" Woohoo! I'll confess, I do like hearing it from males!

lilybelle
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I was off -track this weekend with food. I went ahead this AM and weighed and owned up to it and now am back to my exercise routine and a lower calorie regime . The being off track wasn't good, but the holding myself accountable and getting back on track is what really counts in the lifetime scheme of things.

SexyRevealed
03-11-2007, 04:30 PM

That's wonderful! I think of all NSV's, our health is by far the most important. :carrot:

LisaMarie71
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
The being off track wasn't good, but the holding myself accountable and getting back on track is what really counts in the lifetime scheme of things.

So very true. And that's probably what makes the difference between a person who gains the weight back and a person like you, who keeps it off and inspires all the rest of us!!

My NSVs today are fitness-related. I already posted it on the Cool Runners thread, but I'm pretty excited so I'm posting it here too! I logged my 3.5 mile run today and realized that I ran a total of 20 miles this past week. 20!!! I never would've imagined I could do that.

Also, I checked my time after 3.1 miles, which is a 5k race, and it was about 35 minutes. I realized that I would have WON the little local 5k I watched in October, for my age range. The lady who won for the same age group had a time of 38 minutes. I'll never WIN a race, and I'll probably never win in my age group unless it's a tiny race like that one, but still...to imagine that I would've taken home that little trophy is just insane to me! My husband actually won that whole race, so imagine how cool it would be if he wins it again this year and I win for my age group! Woohoo! That's a good goal to work toward.

SexyRevealed
03-11-2007, 10:04 PM
So very true. And that's probably what makes the difference between a person who gains the weight back and a person like you, who keeps it off and inspires all the rest of us!!

My NSVs today are fitness-related. I already posted it on the Cool Runners thread, but I'm pretty excited so I'm posting it here too! I logged my 3.5 mile run today and realized that I ran a total of 20 miles this past week. 20!!! I never would've imagined I could do that.

Also, I checked my time after 3.1 miles, which is a 5k race, and it was about 35 minutes. I realized that I would have WON the little local 5k I watched in October, for my age range. The lady who won for the same age group had a time of 38 minutes. I'll never WIN a race, and I'll probably never win in my age group unless it's a tiny race like that one, but still...to imagine that I would've taken home that little trophy is just insane to me! My husband actually won that whole race, so imagine how cool it would be if he wins it again this year and I win for my age group! Woohoo! That's a good goal to work toward.

That's awesome Lisa! 20 miles... That's like running to my mom's house. WOW!

sharonrr
03-11-2007, 10:07 PM
My daughter won a cake at the school carnival yesterday. If this was December the whole cake would be gone today. With my new lifestyle I have not had or wanted a taste. My daughter and husband have ate and enjoyed it. I now longer crave sweets, it's great.

RememberHowToSmile
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Two NSV's this weekend:

First, I was sitting in my livingroom chatting with a friend and all of the sudden I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I have never been able to cross my legs (it's something I've always wanted to be able to do but my thighs were too big) and now I'm doing it without realizing it.

Second, I got out of the shower this morning and realized that I can wrap the towel fully around me and not have a big gap. :cb:

LisaMarie71
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Two NSV's this weekend:

First, I was sitting in my livingroom chatting with a friend and all of the sudden I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I have never been able to cross my legs (it's something I've always wanted to be able to do but my thighs were too big) and now I'm doing it without realizing it.

Second, I got out of the shower this morning and realized that I can wrap the towel fully around me and not have a big gap. :cb:

RememberHow, I just have to tell you how much I LOVE these two NSVs -- so great! And I just noticed your stats -- my goodness, you've lost 95 pounds!!! You saw a 3 on the scale ...and now you're about to see a 1!!!! WOW!!

royalsfan1
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Lisa...that's outstanding!!! I can just imagine how exciting that must feel!!! I ran track in high school...I was a distance runner...and I never won! hahaha I came in 2nd VERY consistantly so I was a good team member...but I never won! And here you are, doing it!

RememberHow....WAY TO GO! Those are great NSV's!

LisaMarie71
03-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Lisa...that's outstanding!!! I can just imagine how exciting that must feel!!! I ran track in high school...I was a distance runner...and I never won! hahaha I came in 2nd VERY consistantly so I was a good team member...but I never won! And here you are, doing it!

I haven't won anything yet!!! Just in my head... :)

lilybelle
03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks Lisa. By the way. I love the name LisaMarie. Mine is Lily Marie, my DD's is Lacy Marie and my niece is Alisha Marie. That would be so awesome if you and your DH both win the race next time. I would be thrilled to just be able to compete, even if I didn't win. I did pretty well in high school at track but mostly ran the mile and did the discus and shotput. I was an avid swimmer then and a basketball player and had very strong arms. (Not any more.) But, for some reason, I could never jump high enough to clear that high jump pole, LOL.

Smile, WTG on those NSV's. You are doing so fabulous. I was also very excited when the bath towel fit all the way around me. Before, I don't think even a beach towel would fit around me.
Plus, crossing the legs is awesome. One thing I was very proud of was being able to tie my shoes on the top of the shoes, instead of on the side.

My NSV today is that I got back on track. Total of 1354 cal's today and I'm now heading to the treadmill.

Inspire Me
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Remember How To Smile: I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to me because crossing my legs are one of my goals. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to do this and I know the towel victory, I have to use a beach towel and that feels good to be able to wrap that around me. I also can't wait to use a regular towel. Yippy

royalsfan1
03-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I haven't won anything yet!!! Just in my head... :)

hahaha...You won....we're just the only ones who know about it! :)

rockinrobin
03-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh gosh what a weekend I had. Filled with heartfelt overwhelming compliments.

I went to a beautiful beyond belief luncheon on Saturday. People there I have not seen in well over a year, so yes before my transformation.

First of alll I FELT sooooo good going into it. I had on such a sharp well fitted, tailored, high styled outfit. There were people there REALLY well dressed and for the first time, I WAS ONE OF EM. Mind boggling. The confidence one has when they are dressed well is simply amazing.

And then there was the compliments. Oodles of them. One person said to me you're just gorgeous. She said it at least 5 times and then she said all right I won't say it again, and then she okay, just one more time.

This was the best one. From a very overweight woman. Even more so then I ever was. I've known her casually for almost 2 decades. She said to me when she first saw me, how gorgeous I am. Then a little bit later, she said people must go on and on when they first see me and I said, kinda a little. Then she said to me "You've always had a gorgeous face, now you've got the body to match." I really wanted to cry. But mostly I just wanted to reach out to her and HELP her, soooo badly. But of course I couldn't. I kept on hoping my phone would ring that night or the next day, her reaching out to me for help in the weightloss department. Oh well.

Then came my good friends daughter who had been away at college, saw me for the first time in about 4 months. She went on and on about how great and STUNNING I looked. Her father was standing there and he kinda half blushed and turned away and said "Yeah, my daughter's right on that one. You are stunning."

It just went on and on and on. At one point I just sat there and was taking it all in and I had to keep the tears from flowing down my face. I know we are doing this for our health, but man oh man, it really felt good to hear so many people say positive things.

And the last NSV. Well the food there was just amazing. Variety and quantity. I ate. I started out with 1/2 fruit cup. An entire roll of veggie sushi from which I picked off a lot of the rice. A delicious sh1itake mushroom salad, a chickpea salad and a tiny bit of pesto pasta. And literally one bit of a yummy cake. Gosh those cakes were gorgeous and plentiful. I felt really good about my choices. I felt like I wasn't some crazed overzealous dieter who doesn't eat at all, yet I kept it to a minimum and still enjoyed myself.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Robin - what a wonderful NSV - I can only imagine how full your heart is! Congratulations on all of the positive comments you received - and I am sure you did look stunning!!

My NSV isn't a biggie for most folks - but for me it is! We worked all weekend cleaning the ATV's and the truck (which is a huge truck - full size Dodge dually 4x4 with a full bed & cap) before, I just couldn't maintain - and wasn't much help to DH for these projects. Not anymore! I was out there the whole weekend srubbing and waxing and polishing right beside him!!:carrot: (I KNOW that had to have burned off a bunch of calories!!)

royalsfan1
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Robin - what a wonderful NSV - I can only imagine how full your heart is! Congratulations on all of the positive comments you received - and I am sure you did look stunning!!

My NSV isn't a biggie for most folks - but for me it is! We worked all weekend cleaning the ATV's and the truck (which is a huge truck - full size Dodge dually 4x4 with a full bed & cap) before, I just couldn't maintain - and wasn't much help to DH for these projects. Not anymore! I was out there the whole weekend srubbing and waxing and polishing right beside him!!:carrot: (I KNOW that had to have burned off a bunch of calories!!)

Way to go, Mrs. Q! Not only did you burn a ton of calories, I'm sure your husband noticed the difference and appreciated all the help!

Awesome, Robin. I know that must have made your week!

lilybelle
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Robin, that is so awesome that you went out and felt great about yourself and received fantastic compliments. That makes this all so worthwhile.

I had a good on-plan day yesterday and got my exercise done and today I'm feeling better about myself for pulling myself over that slump.

LisaMarie71
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
What great experiences everyone's having!! Robin, I loved reading your post -- I have such a huge smile on my face after reading that!!

lilybelle, thanks for your comment about my name! I don't actually go by LisaMarie, it's just my ID here. I go by Lisa, but Marie is my middle name. The funny thing is my mother gave me the name Marie because a nurse who was really nice to her when she had me was named Marie, and she had beautiful long dark hair. My mom has dark hair, and she already had two blonde little girls and wanted a brunette one. Well, it didn't work -- I turned out to be the blondest of all!! It's more of a reddish brown kind of blonde now, but still...definitely not brunette!! Guess where she got the idea for the name Lisa? A character on a soap opera! :lol:

My NSV happened last night...my husband touched my leg and went on about how tight and muscular it felt. Woohoo!! There's definitely lots of flab on there still, but the running is really making a difference. Oh, and another one yesterday...when I was doing the "bow pose" in yoga yesterday, my ribs and hipbones were pushing against the floor and it hurt!! How long has it been since my bones pushed into the floor!!!? I remember that hurting when I was a skinny kid and would try to lie on my stomach, but I never thought it would happen again!

jennylou
03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I went shopping today and tried on jeans. I'm so happy that I'm now a 20! I didn't buy them - have to wait for them to go on sale. Last time I tried on that brand, the 26 were tight, and I didn't want to go up a size, so I didn't buy them.

Nicker
03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I had what I would consider to be three NSVs today. First of all when I got dressed I put on chords and a shirt that I haven't worn it I am guessing a year. They weren't pullupable at the start of my journey. I also wore a shirt that was much too tight that I probably wore about the same time that I last wore the pants.

Then at work today I got a couple of compliments. Now maybe this is in my head, but I am going with it because it makes me feel good. I think people are starting to notice the weight loss but they don't realize that it is weight loss (That doesn't make a lot of sense I know) Today one girl says to me "I love the haircut" the haircut really isn't anything new or special and today it wasn't even styled. Another girl went "Hey nice shirt!" I think they are noticing that something is different and it must look good so it must be the hair or the shirt. When my dad first caught on that I was losing weight a few weeks back he said, "Is it your hair colour or is your face thinner?"

Anyway, I am taking all three of those as NSVs.

beautifulone
03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Two NSV's this weekend:

RememberHowToSmile, that's wonderful! I can sort-of cross my legs these days, only for a certain amount of time though (hard to keep them crossed). So I am hoping that with a little more loss, it will be a sure thing! I find it's so much more comfortable, I normally don't know what to do with my legs otherwise.

beautifulone
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I love all of these NSVs.

My NSV, I ate healthy today. This is a big deal because I haven't eaten healthy for quite a few days now. My goal is to get back on plan so that I enjoy my healthy food and don't crave the unhealthy stuff at all most of the time. I had an extra little bit to eat later than I was planning to but I was hungry so it's all right. I'm ready to resume my plan and weight loss. I was beginning to wonder if this was a 'make it or break it' time for me. I've lost weight before in very unhealthy ways and always gained it back (and then some). I can't guarantee myself anything, but I honestly think that this time it is for real - I've changed too much to go back.. How fabulous is that.

lilybelle
03-13-2007, 01:57 AM
beautifulone, WTG. I'm also back on track now after a few days of eating not so great. Like you, I've came too far to turn back now. I refuse to regain this weight. It feels so wondeful to cross this type of hurdle and learn that we are really committed to losing and maintaining our wt. loss and have the power within us to reclaim our healthy habits.

Lisa, when I was born my mom almost died. She was hospitalized for 6 months. 2 neighbor ladies cared for me that first 6 months. One was named Lily, the other was Marie. Hence how I got my name.

Nicker, WTG that people are recognizing a change. They might be too shy to mention they think it's wt. loss , but the compliments are great and you are probably showing more confidence in yourself.

Lisa, WTG on that DH NSV. Those are always nice. My NSV is not quite as fun. I realized that grinding bones during intimacy aren't all it's cracked up to be. When I was "fluffy" , I didn't notice this. LOL.

LisaMarie71
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Lisa, WTG on that DH NSV. Those are always nice. My NSV is not quite as fun. I realized that grinding bones during intimacy aren't all it's cracked up to be. When I was "fluffy" , I didn't notice this. LOL.

:lol: It's funny you mention this! I have a rather thin (but very fit) husband and I'm beginning to notice the same thing.

I have an NSV from yesterday: I ran 6.5 miles!! I shouldn't have gone that far, but I felt like I could keep going. I'm paying for it today, because my legs hurt, but at least now I know I can run a whole 10k!

lilybelle
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Lisa, I was a little embarassed to admit that particular NSV. LOL, but my DH is also slender and well-toned. It physically hurts now that our bones are both so prominent. Of course, he's a man and it doesn't seem to bother him a bit. LOL. I also have noticed that I can't lay on my stomach. My ribs and xiphoid are too prominent and hurt if squished in the bed or floor. I used to couldn't lay on my stomach because it was so round that I felt like a big beach whale on my tummy.

Lisa, 6.5 miles that is awesome. I walk 3 miles and I'm sweating like a pig. I just jog during commercials. The only way I could do 6.5 miles is if someone was chasing me with a chain saw. LOL.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-13-2007, 12:55 PM
The only way I could do 6.5 miles is if someone was chasing me with a chain saw. LOL.

Lily- that one made me laugh right out loud!! I am right there with you. I think it is great that you run Lisa, but I am not the running type!

LisaMarie71
03-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Lily- that one made me laugh right out loud!! I am right there with you. I think it is great that you run Lisa, but I am not the running type!

That made me laugh too! :lol: Especially because I've always felt the same way!! Believe me, I've never been the running type, or even the MOVING type for that matter! I was always last picked for teams in school, the slowest person even when I was a skinny kid, and I never for a second imagined I would run. I always had the idea in the back of my head, though, and I'm glad I listened to it.

lily, I used to have trouble lying on my stomach too, particularly because my breasts and my stomach were large. I still have lots of extra weight in those areas, but it's much more comfortable now. I still can't believe my bones are starting to be prominent! I rub my collarbones and shoulders all the time because I can't believe how they feel!

lilybelle
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Lisa, yep my breasts were uncomfortably large too. Size 42DD and a 47 inch waist. Now both my belly and my breasts are pretty darn flat, especially when I lay down. LOL.

Lol, I feel my bones all the time too. Especially my ribs, collarbones and shoulder blades. I love it when DH hugs me and rubs my shoulder blades now. It's just like he got a brand new wifey , LOL.

RitzyFritz
03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
My NSVs today: TOM showed up this morning, and this is always bad for me (sending me to bed usually on the first day). But, I still was able to do 20 minutes on the treadmill even though I was in such pain. This is a victory for me. :smug:

djs06
03-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Way to go, Ritzy! That's quite an accomplishment!

shelby897
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Okay, this is an odd one, but makes me feel good --

I haven't lost a lot, but from working out I must have shed quite a few inches, so now our bathroom towels fit around my body and I can tuck it in to cover up!!

GR8 2B48
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM
My NSVs today: TOM showed up this morning, and this is always bad for me (sending me to bed usually on the first day). But, I still was able to do 20 minutes on the treadmill even though I was in such pain. This is a victory for me. :smug:

I hope you feel much better. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've persisted through the pain also and exercised on the gazelle which I think helped to get me down by 2.2 lbs. this week. I weighed in at my meeting this morning, came home took Tylenol and slept.

Denise

RitzyFritz
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I hope you feel much better. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've persisted through the pain also and exercised on the gazelle which I think helped to get me down by 2.2 lbs. this week. I weighed in at my meeting this morning, came home took Tylenol and slept.

Denise

Yea...nice to know we aren't alone, huh? ;) I told my husband today that I just hate this. But, the good Lord knew what he was doing so I will endure. ;)

Hope you are feeling better as well! Kudos on the weight loss in spite of the detour! :smug:

DANA: Thanks for the pat on the back! :smug:

royalsfan1
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Great to read these, as always!

My NSV for today - my face has changed! I was putting on my makeup this morning before my bible study and noticed that my double chin is almost not there. If I raise my head slightly, it disappears. I looked so much better! I don't look all swollen and puffy...my skin looks soft and healthy....my eyes look awake... I just look different...and better....and younger! No, you couldn't take my headshot and guess I'd weigh 50 lbs less...but from what I looked like at Christmas I'd say BIG improvement!

WindyCityChick
03-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Congrats to everyone on these great NSVs! I so enjoy reading this thread, it's quite inspirational.

I had another clothing NSV today - I've been buying clothes at Target to get through the interim weight period, and I ordered a bunch of stuff online, including a few items that I thought I'd fit into when it's closer to summer. Well, the order came today and I tried on one of the summer items - a cute wrap dress in a size medium. Lo and behold, it fits! I'm sure it will look a little nicer when the curves are less pronounced, but I could actually wear it out the door today. Haven't fit in a medium since I was in high school, I think.

lilybelle
03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Congrat's everyone on the great NSV's.

My NSV last night, I grabbed a medium t-shirt of my son's to slip on after my shower. It was too big everywhere. Before, I couldn't fit in my DH's large or XL tees.

I took my taxes to my tax lady today. She commented that "you've lost a lot of weight and look fantastic". She hadn't seen me since last April. She said "you look so much healthier and happier". Even though I've been at maintenance for over 8 months now, it still feels great when I run into someone that hasn't seen me in a long time and they mention how I've changed.

royalsfan, Congrat's on the changing face.
Rachel, WTG on the new clothes NSV's.
shelby, WTG on the towel NSV.
Ritzy, WTG on the exercise, even with TOM arriving.
GR8 2B46, WTG on the 2.2 lb. loss and the exercise NSV.

NewDay4MeToo
03-14-2007, 03:23 AM
I wish I could reply personally to all of these, they make me so happy when I read them.

This weekend- I actually got on the treadmill with my boyfriend. I jogged and walked intervals, and did exactly what I had planned to do before I got on the treadmill, which made me really happy.

This evening at my boyfriend's parents' house, I was helping wash dishes. DBF's teenage sister came along and did a double take looking at me. Then she said, "Wow, Christine! You're looking so skinny!"

Both of those things felt great.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the great uplifiting NSV's this morning ladies!! Mine today is another clothing one~ I put on another pair of jeans last night that I have never worn (got them almost 2 years ago in June) and I walked in to the den to show my DD and DH - and DD commented....."Mom, those jeans are almost too big on you!" YEP!! they're too loose and I have never even gotten to wear them!

royalsfan1
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Mrs. Q...That's great!!!

Mine for today is the same reason I'm staying on plan...I'm comfortably wearing jeans I haven't been able to get on for over 3 years!

SexyRevealed
03-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I was feeling like I was going to slip today, so I came to this thread to get some motivation. And it worked!

Mrs. Q and Tricia, congrats on your jeans!!!

I have an NSV to share. I got my first, "Are you losing weight?" That really made my day. I don't see it yet, but someone does!!!

rockinrobin
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh my goodness. Such great NSV's. Tiffany I still remember the first person that asked me that question? It's really special. Congrats to all the others and Lily, nevermind the compliment from the tax lady - although that IS fantastic and feels awfully nice, CONGRATS on taking care of your taxes - something I need to get my butt in gear with.

Giving you all a heads up TMI ALERT:

To put it plain and simple, my hubby can't keep his hands off of me. And no, I don't mean in the bedroom, well I mean BESIDES the bedroom. I'm standing there washing the dishes, I get a back rub. I'm putting away the groceries, he's got his hands on the small of my back, we pass each other in the hallway, he grabs my waist, I go to serve him dinner last night, he kisses my neck and on and on and on. And every single day now he tells me how I'm "growing" new bones. It's funny because he was soooo good, he never mentioned my weight, maybe once or twice but not even in a put down kind of way. And he was always fairly affectionate, but not like this. It is constant. He literally can't see me without touching me or making comments of how beautiful I am. I gotta tell you - it puts a big smile on my face.

shelby897
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Robin, I don't know about you, but that hubby thing beats a loose pair of jeans anyday!! Congratulations -- just makes you feel all "warm and fuzzy" inside, doesn't it!!!

lilybelle
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
WTG, Mrs. Q and Tricia on great NSV's.

rockinrobin, I was so excited to finally get the tax stuff dropped off.
As for the TMI stuff, my DH is the exact same way. I feel like he starts pawing at me as soon as he comes through the door. Esp. if I'm cooking or doing simply housework. He had never, ever complained about my wt. before, but he sure finds me awfully darn SEXY now. He is constantly pulling me down to sit on his lap. (Now that sure wasn't the case before, lol). He tells me "you're light as a feather". Of course, he's just buttering me up for later. LOL. A nice thing now is we can lay side by side now on the couch and cuddle and watch a movie, where we couldn't both fit on there together before.

Slashnl
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Robin and Lilybelle: Thanks for sharing those stories (even though you thought it was TMI!). I am not to the point of having much to share for NSV's... YET! But, that response is exactly what I want. It would be a blessing to have that kind of attention again. You've helped me (again) and I appreciate it. It certainly keeps me motivated.

I just have to continue to give thanks for having found this site. I've never had a place you could go for such encouragement and such honesty along with that encouragement.

rockinrobin
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Awww, that's funny Shelby. It is kinda cool. But then again so are loose jeans.

Lily, that's exactly it. I mean a guy is a guy, he wants what he wants and the weight wasn't gonna stop him. He never complained before about my wt., but now I think he really appreciates me and is remembering how it was when we first met. I don't know if appreciate is the right word. But, it's like I ignited something in him. It's almost funny. But funny-good-funny. I like it and all, but it's hard to get things done with him ALWAYS interupting me. lol. But I'm sure it will subside as he gets used to me.

You must be so relieved to get that tax stuff over with. Excited, yes, but relieved as well. What a big headache.

rockinrobin
03-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Slashnl, we posted at the same time. I promise you there are GREAT NSV's awaiting you and they are worth everything that you are giving up. EVERYTHING. Please trust me on this one. You will look back at this and wonder why you didn't lose the weight sooner. It is a delightful, worthwhile experience. I know this is said a lot, but it really can't be said enough - "NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels" Really nothing. And keep in mind I've been feeling this way for a long time. When I was no where NEAR goal.

And I'd have to agree with you. This place is sensational.

lilybelle
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Exactly Robin, my DH never turned me down before I lost the wt. But, now he treats me like I'm a Goddess. LOL, I kinda like this. The most awesome thing is when we go out somewhere together and he tells me how beautiful I am and how he is so proud of me. He just makes me feel younger and certainly more vibrant. Don't bet on him "getting used to it", mine sure hasn't.

Cheryl14
03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
The NSVs have been OUTSTANDING! Congratulations on paying attention to all the wonderful changes that are happening to you! SCALE victories are not the ONLY victories, and we are all here to prove that!

Mine may sound a bit weird, but hear me out before you say, "YOU DID...WHAT?!!!! We knew we were going to The Cheesecake Factory today. I have not had ANY cheesecake or chocolate in weeks! I tallied up my breakfast on Fitday which was 361 calories (Eggbeater Omelette with veggies, yogurt with strawberries, and OJ with my vitamins). I went on the Cheesecake Factory website and got the total for their Godiva Cheesecake- 860 calories. I decided to do something I have never done...have CHEESECAKE for my main course!

I had coffee with my cheesecake, and I just had some carrots and my water a bit ago. I'm done with my 1400 calories for my day because I wanted to allow for the whipped cream that MIGHT not be included in the 860 calories.

I told myself that this was a choice, and I am HAPPY that I made this choice today! The Godiva Cheesecake was fantastic, and it felt good to plan ahead and feel in control. I doubt that I will do this again, but if I DO, I will know that by planning out my calories ahead of time, I CAN stay on plan and EAT CHEESECAKE, TOO!:carrot:

Cheryl

LisaMarie71
03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
A nice thing now is we can lay side by side now on the couch and cuddle and watch a movie, where we couldn't both fit on there together before.

One of my favorite memories of my first year or two with my husband is cuddling on the couch side by side, and we hadn't done that for YEARS. I just realized recently that we'd started doing it again and I hadn't even thought about it. It's so great!

Cheryl, I love your cheesecake NSV!! I'm all for enjoying food you love and working it into your plan. That's the secret to long-term success, I think -- at least that's how it works for me!

Today I had some great compliments. One lady who hadn't seen me in a few months went ON and ON about how great I looked and she couldn't stop looking at my body. It actually got a little uncomfortable! :lol:

I complimented a student on her skirt today and she said "You should wear more skirts now too -- especially now that you're so skinny." :)

Dawn2Dusk
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't have any NSVs yet as I've just started and I can't wait to share them once I do start achieving NSVs but I just had to say, reading the NSVs you guys post here is so inspirational and motivating. I love it. Good jobs, ladies (and gents)!

lilybelle
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
We bought a camper a couple weeks ago and are going camping starting this Sunday for a whole glorious week. We had previously had a camper 2 yrs. ago. I spent 5 1/2 hrs. yesterday stocking the new camper. It struck me that every single time that we used to go camping, I'd find all the stuff we needed and have DH or kids to make the million trips out to put it in the camper. This time, I did it myself. I enjoyed doing it and getting it all set to go. I'm now capable of doing things that I had shirked off on others. Plus the added bonus of this time, I'll know where everything is.

Plus, I realized that since I've lost so much wt. and bought all new clothes in the past year, that I don't have anything very old to wear while fishing. So, I'll be Styling sitting out there on the boat. LOL.

Last night while packing clothes for my trip, I found a whole drawer of my old granny undies. They were huge and all stretched out. I threw them all away. I didn't know I still had them. LOL. I showed them to DH and we both had a good laugh.

rockinrobin
03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
OMG Lilybelle, that was me too!!! Whenever we would go for a trip and drive I would watch everybody load up the car, back and forth, back and forth. So many trips. Not me I would just watch as they did all the loading of the care. Or "supervise" as I liked to call it. Supervise? Huh, who was I kidding? I was incapable of doing any different. Now, I am the first one to take things out and move them around and stuff.

So, yes, I can DEFINITELY appreciate your NSV. How truly wonderful. It feels so good to be able to do things for yourself and others. I hope you have a stupendous time in your beautiful clothing and your very "un"granny like undergarments. But you will be missed around here. But that's okay, you deserve to have a wonderful time. Do enjoy!!!!

Slashnl
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Kind of off topic, but I have noticed over the past few weeks another great thing about this fabulous place we call 3FC. It is REALLY fun to hear from people all over the country (and out of the country, too). Lilybelle, you're talking about camping for a week and you're making me so anxious for real spring to come. While our weather has warmed so nicely and we have the spring bulb flowers coming up, it is still a little early to go camping. Here in Colorado, we camp in the Rockies, and you'd have to take your snow shovel to clear out most of the campsites up there!! A couple of weeks ago, they just opened up a lake for boating near where I live.
It's been beautiful here, but not quite THAT warm!

lilybelle
03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Diane, it is beautiful in Colorado. I used to visit my sis there when she lived in Colorado springs. I used to love to snow ski but haven't been in several years. I wonder if I could still do it.

Robin, I used to "supervise" too. LOL. I'm glad I'm now capable to do it myself. Oh and no granny undies here now, I got Sexy undies now. lol. DH has already mentioned that we'll have a lot of "snuggly" time. OMG, I won't be able to hide from him in that camper. LOL. He is 43, so when is he gonna quit acting like a teenager?

Sheila53
03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Awww, there are some really sweet NSVs! WTG, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I broke my arm. Managed 35 min. on the bike at the gym plus some leg work today. Part of me wanted to say "to heck with it," but the other part doesn't want to give up the "gains" I've made at the gym.

approaching40
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I hiked a 2.6 mile trip up a mountain and I am so glad I did it! The end result was a beautiful waterfalls and the scenery was breathtaking! Keep up the good work girls!:carrot:

Lee

Lifeguard
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm down another 2.5" this week.

My other NSV is that since my pcos diagnosis I am feeling a lot better about my body. Before I always was beating myself up that I wasn't trying hard enough & that I was a failure because I wasn't losing fast enough. But now that I know why I wasn't losing as quickly as others I feel so much more relaxed. I'm actually starting to like what I see in the mirror.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
To put it plain and simple, my hubby can't keep his hands off of me.

Wow! I really really want that again! The last time I felt 'pursued' by hubby was about 50 pounds ago. Okay....I'm definitely on plan today!

Lifeguard, so glad that your self image has gone through a great transformation!

NurseMichelle
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I think I'll come out of lurkdom to pat myself on the back a bit~!

Our hospital changed policy and ALL the nurses, regardless of specialty, have to wear the SAME uniform, ceil blue tops/bottoms....so we all have to buy all new....and I ordered XL tops and bottoms and jacket, and the tops are just about right but the pants and jackets are a bit big on me! I wanna say it's just the cut of the uniforms, but maybe SOME of its me!

I went to Walmart the other day looking for some new sweatpants to wear to the gym, (my old 2-3Xs are falling off me! LOL there's a visual for ya!) and I shopped in the REGULAR gals section! I realized this was the first time I've looked in the regular sizes! Even if it was at the Walmart. These sizes are funny, one is a 15-17 and the other is 14-16 and they fit nice! It's nice to work out in clothes that are fitting! You look and feel smaller!

Speaking of working out! I've been to the gym FOUR days in a row now! Usually my schedule doesn't fall that well in place, so that was awesome! I did upper body, lower, then went back and did them again the next two days even though I was mildly achy! I usually take a rest if I'm too sore, I'm starting to realize that the soreness will actually go away if you keep working out. AND I've decided to learn how to run, so at the end of my last workout, I hopped on the treadmill (usually more of an elliptical/cross trainer kind of girl!) and practiced jogging....cranked the speed up to 5.5 for 40 seconds, four times!!! And I didn't feel like a jiggly mess, and I didn't feel like I was clomping away (I usually feel like I'm stomping my feet!). So I think I'll try something along the lines of C25K, gradually increasing my jogging time.

So my favorite NSV, comes from you guys! Today we recieve longevity bonus checks from working, if you've been there 7 yrs or greater (I've been there 8) and I planned to go shopping and get some new clothes, but I actually PLANNED to eat a baaaad lunch at a certain restaurant. But reading all 12 pages of this thread has really changed my mind. I'll just stick to something yummy but OP...so this is really your NSV too, you've inspired another struggler to stay with it! Thank you all!

SexyRevealed
03-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Congrats NurseMichelle!!!

jennylou
03-16-2007, 03:07 PM
My NSV yesterday was that while showering, I realized that my saddlebags are getting smaller and I can easily feel bone now (well, I still have to push, but before I couldn't push to the bone).

So, I realized that I'm showering less of me. :)

shelby897
03-16-2007, 03:15 PM
jennylou -- Awesome -- I'm in the same boat, losing what I call my "back fat", no more rolls behind my shirt. My sister affectionately calls the whole package "muffin tops" because that's what is over the top of our pants!!

jennylou
03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
shelby - lol, it's nice to see parts of us shrinking! :)

Charbar
03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
This is a strange NSV - today I could tuck in the towel when I wrapped it around my body after my shower!! Normally I had to hold it. LOL

royalsfan1
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Yea Michelle, Jenny, Shelby, and Dana!

Mine for today - #1) I went to the grocery store and stuck to my list. Nothing off plan even looked good! That is huge for me! #2) ALL of my pants (except the jeans I bought last week) are too long and catching under my shoes....so I guess there is less of me to hold them up! Will be shopping again on Monday, I suppose! #3) At some point my back stopped hurting in the morning. I'm not sure exactly when this occured but this morning I woke up and realized that my back didn't hurt...and hadn't hurt for several mornings. That was great!

NurseMichelle
03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Thank you RoyalsFan, for reminding me~~~ I am so much prouder of my grocery cart lately! It used to be full of pizzas, chips, crap and I was half embarrassed while the girl rang me out to see all the junk I was buying....but now, fruits, veggies, healthier snacks, healthier bread, etc....with only a few snackies for the kids' lunches, I really feel good watching my bill get rung up!

wanna b thin
03-16-2007, 04:32 PM
This is my favorite thread even though I havn't been on it much lately. Just before I went to my daughters in SC I went shopping for a new pair of capris since it's warmer there, I was able to buy another size smaller. Tha is 4 sizes smaller than last years. YEA!! The other thing I noticed, beside fitting into the seat on the plane comfortably and not struggling to get the seat belt around, I don't have as much padding on my back side, my tail bone actually starting hurting. Odd but a good thing.

This morning I had a customer come in that I had not seen in a long time. He walked toward my office with a strange look on his face, finally he ask "Sharon?", when he realized that yes it was me he said "Wow you've lost weight". It is always so nice when others notice, expecially men.

SexyRevealed
03-16-2007, 04:49 PM
This is a strange NSV - today I could tuck in the towel when I wrapped it around my body after my shower!! Normally I had to hold it. LOL

LOL. I can't wait to do that! :D

RememberHowToSmile
03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who congratulated me on my last NSV (putting a towel around me and crossing my legs). There were actually huge goals for me.

To everyone who has posted I have enjoyed each and everyone of your victors. I read this forum every time I come to the forum and when I have the urge to do something dumb (like eat something junky) I come here, read about your victories, and it stops me. :)

Now I have another NSV. Fashion bug was having their buy one get one for a dollar sale (one of my favorite sales and the only time I buy jeans. I love their WS size they are the perfect length.). I didn’t have time to go up to the store but I wanted to buy some new jeans so I got them online. I reported two weeks ago I bought suit pants that were a size 16. I have always found jeans to be less forgiving then dress pants but I decided that I would buy a size 16 jeans. With the full thought that I would not be able to wear them for a bit. They arrived and I pulled them out of the box and my first thought was these are so small. I decided to try them on and see if they fit. As you can probable guess they fit. They are on the tight side so I might wait another 5 pounds or so until they become part of my regular rotation of clothing but I was so excited I wanted to share.

LisaMarie71
03-16-2007, 05:04 PM
RememberHow, it's great to have a pair of pants that are a bit tight so they keep you on track trying to get into them!! I currently have a pair of 14 jeans that I'm waiting to get into!

Such wonderful NSVs, everyone! After a hard week at work, it's nice to relax (though I'm still at work) and read these lovely posts!

Here's my NSV today. It's a little awkward, but it feels good anyway. I've never wanted to be one of the "hot" teachers at my school, because I've always felt sorry for the ones who get that icky attention from male students. I've had comments here and there from students, very unwanted of course (it's pretty gross to imagine that teenagers are thinking of you that way), but now it's getting more frequent. Obviously I'm looking far better than I did last year. I don't want that kind of attention...BUT some of my nice male students, who aren't icky, made some nice comments to me today about how good I look. It actually felt good!

RememberHowToSmile
03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
LisaMarie: I had to chuckle when I read your NSV because it brought to mind several of my females friends who are teachers (for some reason especially the one in low income school districts) are always getting hit on by their students. They are relatively young 25ish and I’m sure that there students have no idea how disturbed they are by this. However some of these stories are simple hilarious. Congratulation on the complements I know how wonderful they can make you feel.

cmbmom05
03-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe it is from cutting out processed carbs but the workout pants I have on right now fit better...must have lost some 'bloat'! Not as big a NSV as the ones you all have posted but it's super encouraging so soon in the game.

Cheryl14
03-16-2007, 10:48 PM
LOVED hearing about your Granny Panties Lillybelle! :rofl:

High school guys DO notice their teachers, Lisa, but they usually only compliment the NICE ones! My son's a senior this year and brings his science teacher a latte every once in awhile because he says she "gets it" about high school kids, and he and his wood shop teacher now are on a racketball team together at the Y! You are doing a lot RIGHT!:)

Sheila! How did you break your arm?

Congrats to everyone on all of your NSVs!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Oh...almost forgot what I came here to announce! I fit in size 16 jeans, AND the Levi's tag says, "SLIM FIT -fitted through hip and thigh." Now, I USED TO have these thunder thighs that I thought would NEVER EVER go away. My thighs have slimmed down enough to actually be able to wear clothing that calls itself "SLIM FIT!"

...and yes! I AM saving that tag!!!

royalsfan1
03-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats Cheryl and cmbmom! Great NSVs! I love the "clothes" ones...so motivating.

I had one more today - my daughter and I went to see a movie tonight and I did not have ANYTHING from the concession stand. Not even a milk dud that she offered me! I just chewed my gum and enjoyed the ENTIRE movie SANS bathroom breaks! haha

LisaMarie71
03-17-2007, 12:04 AM
High school guys DO notice their teachers, Lisa, but they usually only compliment the NICE ones!

Oh, trust me, I know they notice their teachers. They're MALE, after all. :lol: That's just the problem. I don't WANT that kind of attention, but when it came from some of the nice kids today, and it wasn't put in an icky way, as many teenagers will do it, it was nice. For the most part, my students like me in general, so I don't get a lot of disrespect and they're comfortable with me. I've just seen other attractive teachers get some SERIOUSLY unwanted attention, and ...well...yuck.

Slim Fit jeans, Cheryl -- woohoo!!!
:carrot:

cmbmom, that's a great NSV! Any time you feel your clothes fitting differently, it's DEFINITELY something to celebrate! :cheer2:

lilybelle
03-17-2007, 01:33 AM
My 14 yr. old DD reached over and patted my back and told me she loves me while I was driving tonite. Then she said "OMG, your back is so bony, Do you have Osteoporosis?". I just laughed and said No, that is how it feels now without all the fat over my bones. She truly thought something was the matter with me. LOL.

missaprylj
03-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Wow... good job everyone! I love NSVs. One of my really good friends told me that I was looking a lot more "pretty lately... probably because you're a lot more confident." Thought that was nice. :)

watchhershrink
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
i know im new here, but i thought id just jump right in,
my NSV for march is going down a pant size for the first time in about a year. i took a kind of diet break after loosing about 50-60 lbs and maintaned for about a year, now im losing again and it feels spectacular.

SexyRevealed
03-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Ok, can I plan a future NSV? Hahaha.

I'm going through my closet, and I have A LOT of clothes. Just from the process of gaining over the years I guess. So I went through with the intention of gathering items for donation. I found SO MANY clothes that I can wear this summer when I reach my summer goal! So I anticipate a bunch of "old clothing" NSV's in my future. :D :D

Dawn2Dusk
03-18-2007, 01:57 AM
This is a tiny NSV but my step mom was in line behind me at the grocery store and a particularly tight shirt of mine looked loose enough to hide my love handles. She said, "You look a little smaller from the back, are you loosing weight?" I was so happy until she brought home a Big Mac and fries to thwart my efforts. Luckily, I resisted. :)

royalsfan1
03-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Sexy - How exciting!

Way to go, Dawn...resisting the McDs plot!

Allie - I LOVE going down a clothing size...however, I think it is going to get a little expensive! haha

NurseMichelle
03-18-2007, 11:44 AM
My NSV is how GREAT I did last night for St. Patrick's Day! I slept all day (worked the night before) got up, had a healthy breakfast, went to the gym did lower body workout, came home, cleaned up, played with the kids, ate a healthy lunch and went to bowling league....took a bottle of water and an apple with me, in case the team got that damn fried food sampler they usually get...LOL....drank my water the WHOLE TIME and ate my apple....thats it!!! And my friends were in FULL DRINKING MODE, too, I tell ya, green beer, green jello shots, you name it. We even went out with friends afterward to the Irish pub and I DID NOT drink! YAY ME! Got home and DH was starving so I ran and got him some fast food, but it DID NOT appeal to me AT ALL. So I skipped it.

So I had a bit of a "scale victory" this morning! Anyone else proud of staying on plan for St. Patty's Day?

Nicker
03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Last weekend I had my dad put another hole in my belt. It was overdue. The other day I was doing up that same belt and I thought, "Geesh. Guess I should have got him to make two holes." Then I remembered that I had pulled it tight when he made the hole and there was definetly not a need for another hole. I thought maybe I was just losing my mind because I hadn't had to move to the next hole on my other belt. Last night I wore my other belt and I never even noticed until I undid the belt in the little girls room later on that I had moved on to the next hole in that belt too.

I am snug, but wearable in public, in my size 15 chords. I know this sounds bizarre but the size 15 from this store is smaller than their 14. Their odd sizes are from the regular section and the even sizes are from the plus section. Woo hoo! I think I have a couple of other pairs of pants I can dig out that are the same size. Which big rubbermade tub of Clothes I could no longer wear are they in though???:?:

spunker
03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm new to the whole NSV. Any other time I've lost weight, I've never really had any.

I only have 4 pairs of jeans.

I had 4 pairs of old jeans, which I wore while I was at my highest weight. I had to literally stuff myself into them, and at the same time, they were so uncomfortable and painful. They were tearing because of the abuse I was putting them through, not to mention they were already 2 years old.

I finally bought 4 new pairs and got rid of the others... but they were also bigger sizes. All 4 were rather snug when I bought them, meaning if I gained anymore weight, I'd be going up another size (which had already been suggested, but I refused).

After losing 34/35 pounds, all 4 pairs of jeans that were snug and digging into me are all lose. I don't mean loose as in they finally don't dig into me and fit, but they are falling down my butt-loose.

I can't afford any new clothes right now, so I'm making due with these.

I have to Erkle them, only for them to fall back down to my waist, and start working their way down my butt again. Very baggy and starting to drag on the floor. I was in a parking lot, and someone was waiting for my mom's spot, so I jogged to the car and had to hold up my pants because they started falling :o

I figure for money saving, I'm just going to start using a belt (which I've never had to do for purposes such as keeping them up) until I can afford something else.

In addition, last November or so, I saw a shirt of my mom's that I really liked, so she gave it to me. It's short-sleeved, a bit more shorter sleeves than the average-to-your-elbow short sleeved shirt. When I'd wear it, you could see the rolls in my stomach. Pretty clingy, and the sleeves were pretty tight and would ride up a bit. I never wore it without an over shirt.

Now the sleeves are loose (I'd wear it without an over shirt if I weren't so self-conscious of my arms) and you can no longer see the outlines of my stomach. It's on the verge of being big.

Nobody really noticed my weightloss, including my mom, until I started wearing better fitting clothes. One evening I put on the shirt that I just mentioned above, and my mom's jaw just dropped with an "oh my god..." lol

I don't typically care much to hear comments about my weight (even the good ones), but there's one person at work in particular whose mouth just dropped when I wore certain things (since most of the better fitting clothes are clothes I've borrowed from my mom).

Honestly all of these things have felt so much better than what I've seen on the scale.

Sorry, a bit long winded lol

Nicker
03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Way to go spunker. You are doing awesome!

lilybelle
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Spunker, WTG. LOL, I loved the "falling down my butt loose and Erkle em up comments".

lilybelle
03-18-2007, 04:05 PM
We are leaving at 3PM today on our camping trip. My DD has decided to stay with her best friend for spring break. I had already packed enough food for her to bring along a friend. I went and unpacked a bunch of it and am sending it with my DD. If I kept twice as much food as I needed on the trip, I'd probably end up eating it. The mom of her friend said that sending the extra to her house would be "great" as she hadn't went to the grocery store yet. I know that in previous times, I would have kept all that extra food and eaten it. So, this to me is an NSV. Plus, my DD eats quite a bit (she's 14) and I didn't want her friend's mom (a single parent) to be out the total expense of feeding my DD for a week.

royalsfan1
03-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Great jobs, Spunker and Lily!

Mine for today - I crossed my legs through church this morning and held my Bible in my lap! May not seem like a big deal to some....but to me it was VERY exciting! hahaha Came home from church and DH and I had a little workout....and everything just seemed, ummmm, a little easier? Also, very exciting! hahahahaha

djs06
03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Great job Lily! It's so satisfying to know that you've made a positive decision, even if you dont want to!

Tricia, I definitely know exactly what you mean about why it's such a big deal! Hahaha, the second part of your NSV made me lol ;)

I finally have one to share! Friday we had a "snow storm" (hopefully the last one!) My girlfriend and I were on the phone and she said, "so what are your plans for the night? You should really probably stay in." And I agreed. I wanted to go the the gym, but the roads were too sketchy.

So later I called her back and she asked what I'd ended up doing, and I said I just stayed in and played DDR. She sounded relieved and said "oh! I'm glad.. I was worried you were going to go to the gym anyway!"

Ha.. it was kind of cute that she thought I'd take my life in my hands to go to the gym. :) Made me laugh a little.

LisaMarie71
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Great NSVs! :) Tricia, I know what you mean about hubby workouts. That's what we'll call them from now on -- "hubby workouts." :lol:

My NSV today comes from a phone call with my brother. Now, my brother has never really been one to compliment me. He's a great guy, honestly, but he made me pretty miserable growing up because he insulted me a lot (I'm sure I gave it right back to him). We're close, don't get me wrong, but he's just never been free with compliments for ANYone. He just started running too (he's training for the same 10k I'm doing and is coming up to stay with me that weekend), so we talk about our runs. Tonight he said he brags about my success with weight loss and running to his friends, and he went on about how much my life has changed. He seemed particularly impressed because as he said, I've never done anything remotely athletic in my life. I told him how much I weighed at the beginning (very few people know the number). I told him I don't like telling people that number and he said, "You should wear it as a badge of honor now!" It was a really positive conversation, and it's so great to hear stuff like that from your family. :)

RememberHowToSmile
03-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Lily - That was really nice of you to send the extra food over to your DD's friends house. Growing up in a house with a single mom, 4 kids, and no money I know my mom would have appreciate it. And it was probable very good planning on your part.

Tricia - Crossing your legs is a big deal. I was only able to do it the first time in my life last week. I was so excited.

Dana - I hear DDR is a great work out. I tried it once but found I am too uncoordinated for it.

LisaMarie - It's great that your brother noticed and complimented. My sisters started commenting way before my brother said anything. But it made me feel really good when he finally did.

lilybelle
03-19-2007, 12:04 AM
We haven't left yet because DH had to work an accident this evening instead of getting to leave for our trip. So , we are completely loaded and leaving first thing in the morning. Our plans don't always happen the way we want with him being a State Trooper.

I really was happy to send the food to my DD's friends house. Her friend is really sweet and they don't have much money. Plus, the mom mentioned that putting braces on her DD this month had costed them a lot. Since I had planned to have (2) 14 yr. olds along, I had packed junk that I won't eat. Such as burgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies, popcorn, pop-tarts for the kids to have so it was easily disposable for me. I'm very glad to not have the temptation along with me. My DD was happy because we usually don't have this junk at home. I did send a bunch of fresh fruit, cheeses and lunch meat with them also.

I'm gonna miss my kids, this is the first time we've ever taken a vacation without DD or my son.

Lisa, I loved the NSV from your Brother. I think my brother was the last one to mention my wt. loss and he said "Sis, if a strong wind comes up, it's liable to blow you away". LOL.

Tricia, WTG on crossing your legs and your "little workout". LOL. DH already mentioned that since no kids are here tonite, he's planning on a "little workout" too. LOL. I can probably be talked into it. LOL. Because for the next several days I plan to be preoccupied with catching FISH.

crazynette826
03-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Great job on all the NSVs!!! I love reading this thread!! It's what I do first whenever I come here!

So my NSVs a little wierd. We were at the store the other night looking at toys. They had hula hoops on sale. I've never been able to hula hoop, ever in my whole life. Even as a kid, I wasn't coordinated enough. But somehow I got talked into buying one. Well today we were messing around with it, and I was able to keep it up for 30 turns around!!!! I dropped it a lot also, but I was able to keep it up for short periods of time! Man that's quite the workout!! I can feel it in my hips and thighs tonight. I can't wait to try it again!! So I'm a dork, but it was a lot of fun!!

carol2208
03-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi there !! I loved your NSVs !

Crazynette, I was lol with your story, I was never able to hula hoop as well, maybe it´s time for me to try it again !:) Who knows, maybe in my case, coordination improves with age... :)

My NSV is kind of weird, but anyhow... I was out with a couple friends and another girl, a friend of a friend that I was meeting for the first time, and my friend introduced me as "This is Carol, she is the healthy one of the group, she doesn´t eat junk or oilly food, and she will talk you into doing all sorts of sports with her, but don´t let this fool you, she´ll make it all fun ... "

The new girl´s face when my friend finished the introduction was priceless...

And it feels good to be seen as the healthy friend, it´s a good change from junk food buddy !:)

Have a great week !!:)

LisaMarie71
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Lisa, I loved the NSV from your Brother. I think my brother was the last one to mention my wt. loss and he said "Sis, if a strong wind comes up, it's liable to blow you away". LOL.

I love that line from your brother! The cool thing about my brother's comment is that he hasn't even seen me since I weighed about 220 (that's 24 pounds ago!) He's not really even complimenting my looks (he'll probably NEVER do that) -- he's just impressed that I'm turning into an athlete. It feels really good.

rockinrobin
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I swear this is just the greatest thread. I get such a smile on my face just thinking about how great you guys must feel when all this good stuff happens to you. That's all.

Cheryl14
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Congrats to all you NSV winners! LOVE hearing all of the success!:hug:

Here's mine:

Last night I was going through my closet (again!) to find a nice pair of dress pants and a sweater to wear to the "Tasting" for our oldest son's wedding reception. I've been in jeans and workout clothes or dressy skirts since I retired this fall but haven't been in my typical dress pants that I usually wore to school. I put on a navy pair which fitted well at the waist. I remembered that this pair was one I had bought tight in hopes of finally fitting into it one day. I added a sweater that I thought matched well and went into the bathroom to check because we have a big mirror in there. My youngest son was getting out of the shower as I was checking out the fit of my pants. He said, "Mom! Don't wear those pants! The rear end is really baggy and looks GROSS!" Now, I guess you have to have a teenage son to understand that he just gave me a COMPLIMENT! Translation: Your butt is not LARGE ENOUGH to fill out the rear of your pants or you've lost weight in your butt!

Gotta LOVE those teenage sons!

And yes, I am off to Kohl's to find a new pair of dress slacks! I'll probably look for a nice top, too! LOVE having an excuse to shop! Looking forward to trying on clothes NOT in the Plus Department is still a thrill for me!

Cheryl

boaterswife
03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh my gosh.....I'm sitting here trying to catch up after being gone almost a week. I'm laughing at your stories and tearing up over your accomplishments. You guys are fabulous, and such a source of inspiration!

My NSV is a bit long, but I'll try not to ramble too much and keep it to the point! Last summer/fall when I started WW I had this goal in the back of my head that related to our lake house. See, our house is at the top of this hill, and our boat dock is at the bottom. The hill is a killer. Not technically a mountain, but it sure feels like it. Even my DD who runs doesn't want to walk up this thing and ends up taking the golf cart or some other mode of transportation down to the dock, just so she doesn't have to walk back up. Well, the last time I walked up the hill was in July of last year. I had to stop 4 times on the way up to catch my breath.....it's really high and really steep....makes me nervous even in the golf cart. Well, my goal has been to conquer that hill, so to speak. This week we were at the lake, the first time since winter set in. DH and I were just sort of strolling around, and he said let's go check the boat/hoist/etc. Before I realized it we had walked down to the dock, and I was thinking, ugh, we're gonna have to walk back up, and I'm gonna die! After we checked everything out we headed back up the hill.....and, drumroll please.....I walked all the way up. I didn't stop! I was breathing a little heavy by the time we got to the top, but I could still talk and we kept going! I wanted to stand there and cry, which DH didn't understand, but I didn't know how to tell him that that hill had been like a monkey on my back for years, and now it's not....

wanna b thin
03-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Great NSV's everyone, I love reading them.

On Saturday we had my 4 year old grandaughter birthday party at my house, we have a bigger home. After playing hostess to almost 50 people for 5 hours, I felt great, not tired and exhusted like I would have been in the past. Even after chasing and play with all the little ones.

crazynette826
03-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Great NSVs everyone!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

My NSV for today is that I RAN!!!! I had to go to my parents today, and they have a treadmill. So I took my workout stuff with thinking that I would just walk a couple of miles. After I got warmed up and started on the treadmill, I got to wondering if I could run one lap around (1/4 mile). So I upped the speed and made it!!! I slowed down after one lap and walked for a lap, then decided to try it again. It probably wasn't graceful, but I made it!!! :tread:

So my NSV for today is that I ran 1/2 a mile without someone forcing me, and without being chased!!! It was awesome!!! I think I'm going to have to get a treadmill and keep working up! I've always wanted to run a 5K, but this is the first time I've actually thought it might happen!! :woops:

royalsfan1
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Yesterday, my daughter and I went for a walk after dinner. She rode her bike, I walked.

Anyway, our neighborhood is completely new. We moved into our house a year ago and were the only people living out here. So we've gotten to watch the entire neighborhood go up and one of the things we like to do is go through the new homes as they're being built. So I've been in almost every home out here! haha Anyway, on to my NSV. Last night we were looking at a home that is just starting to go up and the neighbors of that home asked if we were looking to buy. I explained what we were up to and mentioned that I had even been in their home a loved the paint colors. They invited me in to see what they had done since they had moved in. I ended up staying and visiting for about 45 minutes. So where is the NSV? That's it! That behavior is SO NOT ME! I have always been shy, introverted, and avoided people at all costs. I don't know why...because I'm very intelligent, very funny, and can carry on great conversations. I just always felt they were thinking about how fat I was (because I was always thinking about how fat I was!). So my NSV is changed attitude, changed behavior, and new friends! :D

boaterswife
03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Royalsfan, I am so happy for you! It's hard to comprehend just how much our weight loss effects every aspect of our lives, but you have a great nsv to show for it! Whole new worlds are opening up to you simply because you did something positive for yourself...that is AWESOME!!

shelby897
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Tricia -- That is a great NSV and the one thing I think I am looking forward to the most! I feel a very social person inside me screaming to get out! I'm the same way, I'll be talking to someone and all I can think of is "she thinks I'm fat!!". I want to be comfortable being myself -- not that being thin will make me a better person, but I think it will make me "me"!!

LisaMarie71
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I want to be comfortable being myself -- not that being thin will make me a better person, but I think it will make me "me"!!

This is one of the most important realizations I've made. The more comfortable I am with my body, the more I can be myself. I have a long way to go before I'm truly comfortable, but I've also come a really long way already. My relationships have changed -- not just with my husband, but with my friends, my family, even my coworkers and my students. I'm more interested in going out and doing things. Well, I was always interested -- it just wasn't worth it when I knew I would be uncomfortable.

My NSV today is that I just realized something great when I glanced at my measurements in my signature -- my hips are now approximately the same size my WAIST was at the beginning of all this. I'm seriously shrinking! :twirly:

royalsfan1
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
My NSV today is that I just realized something great when I glanced at my measurements in my signature -- my hips are now approximately the same size my WAIST was at the beginning of all this. I'm seriously shrinking! :twirly:

WOW Lisa! That is really something to celebrate! Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Nicker
03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Congrats to all of you for your NSVs. I too love reading this thread. My new NSV.. today at work a lady from the office asked if I have been losing weight.:D Why yes I have been working very hard at it thank you.

SexyRevealed
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Great NSV's guys! None for me today, except for the fact that I bounced back quite nicely from my horrible weekend of eating and lounging around the house. I feel like a new person - again!

LisaMarie71
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok, I had a good one tonight. I stopped at Wal-mart and I picked up some cheap workout shorts (size XL 14-16). The cashier (who was overweight) rang them up and then said, "Hmm. I wonder if we have these for fat girls." Without thinking (in retrospect, it was probably insensitive, but I'm just not used to the new me yet so it slipped out), I said, "Well, I'm a fat girl!" She looked at me like I'm crazy and said "Yeah, right," so I told her I've recently lost 80 pounds and I still weigh 195. She said, "You do NOT!" I backed up a little so she could see me better, and she said, "Where are you hiding 195 pounds??" She asked me how I lost the weight. I told her all about it, and she told me that I have inspired her to do it too. Yes!!! I LOVE that. It felt so good for someone to consider me NOT a fat girl, and then for her to say I didn't look my weight on top of that was fantastic. Then the idea that I inspired her -- well, that just made my day.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

royalsfan1
03-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Great jobs, ladies!

My NSV for today. Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to measure...even though I had planned on only doing this on the first of the month. ANYWAY, so since March 1....19 days ago....I've lost a total of 13.5 inches!!! How's that for motivation!? You couldn't get me to eat a chocolate cake now for anything! hahaha I SOOOO wish I had measured when I first started in January.

jennylou
03-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Awesome NSVs ladies!

royalsfan1
03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Come on, girls. No NSV's for 2 days?! How can that be?

Mine for today - Had a VERY rough and hectic day. My son was in a middle school track meet and my daughter was in a high school track meet at the same time, 20 miles apart. My youngest daughter was in a musical in the middle of all that, 15 miles away from each of them...picture a triangle! haha To top it off, my kitty swallowed a needle and had to have emergency surgery. AND I managed to STAY ON PLAN! Feels very empowering!

Casey4
03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay Richard is working late, the kids were quite trying after a busy week and I was thinking "I've been so good. I just want something--really anything sweet and chocolate. Preferably a lot of it." However, I wrote in my journal, noticed that I have eaten plenty of delicious, nutritional food today, drank a diet hot cocoa, came here to post and can now claim my 80th day on plan. :carrot:

Kathy

royalsfan1
03-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Just a bit, Kathy! haha I have a feeling tomorrow will be a "in your pajama's at 6 pm" kind of day!

80 days! Now that is something to celebrate!!!

House_of_Mirth
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
It was my 21st birthday yesterday and I had one drink and shared one piece of cake and still had a really great time for a Thursday evening. We had Italian and I probably had more bread dipped in Olive oil than was strcitly good for me but at least I didn't complicate that with several peices of cake and and an unhealthy amount of drinks (I still cringe when I hear of anyone doing 21 shots on thier birthday(.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-23-2007, 11:41 AM
GREAT NSV's ladies!!! I LOVE this thread!!

I have one to report today....I was getting ready to go to work last night (I teach cake decorating classes) and I usually just wear jeans and a shirt - well, the jeans fit (thanks to the smaller sizes I had stashed!) BUT all of my shirts are still mostly 3X's. DD #2 (who is a size 4) looked at me and said...."Mom, WHY are you still wearing those huge shirts, NO one can tell you're a hot mama under there, get rid of those baggy clothes!!" ~ that just really tickled me!

RitzyFritz
03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Good deal, Mrs. Quadcrew! When you get the support of the kids (who live with you day in and day out) you know you are onto something, right? LOL!

My NSV to share today is nothing earth shattering, but I have noticed my clothing to be getting looser. I will take that as a "victory!" :smug:

royalsfan1
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Ritz...to me that is the best NSV because it means I'm MUCH more comfortable! :)

SexyRevealed
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
It was my 21st birthday yesterday and I had one drink and shared one piece of cake and still had a really great time for a Thursday evening. We had Italian and I probably had more bread dipped in Olive oil than was strcitly good for me but at least I didn't complicate that with several peices of cake and and an unhealthy amount of drinks (I still cringe when I hear of anyone doing 21 shots on thier birthday(.

Well Happy 21st Birthday!!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo:

RitzyFritz
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Ritz...to me that is the best NSV because it means I'm MUCH more comfortable! :)

You are so right! Then that makes the journey a tad easier when we are comfortable, right? ;)

karrier
03-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I almost have a neck!!!
I no longer have a chin that goes down to my chest.
I have about 1 inch of neck. Can't wait untill it all comes back.

rockinrobin
03-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Great NSV's ladies, just great. Clothes getting looser, losing inches, compliments, staying on plan, getting BACK on plan.......

Oh G-d, mine's too funny.

My DH comes home from work yesterday, I'm getting dinner ready, he mumbles under his breath "I've got a hot wife" in a sing songy voice. Hubby has totally flipped. I DID buy some new clothes this week (makes a world of difference) and new lipstick, eyeshadow and perfume. I got a haircut as well, but still. I gotta say, he's really liking the new me. And I am not complaining.

I guess part of my NSV is all the shopping I'm doing for myself. I had to buy some short sleeved shirts. Mine from last spring/summer I gave away months ago. I bought such nice fitted, stylish clothing. I feel sooo good in them, instead of the shapeless sacks I used to wear. I am being so particular with the clothing that I am buying. I want to make sure each and every piece is a winner. And now that I have so many choices I can be picky. I actually went to a department store to buy some make up, instead of the drugstore. Something that I NEVER would have done in the past. And treated myself to a new, fantastic perfume - Ralph Lauren Blue, by the way - it is REALLY, REALLY nice. I also find I keeping my hair in much better shape by getting much more frequent haircuts. Getting my haircut used to be a nightmare for me, so of course I let it go. I let everything go back then. Not anymore.

Casey4
03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I am glad you treating yourself to new things. You deserve it! Your DH sounds like a sweet and terrific man. A reward all on his own! ;)
Kathy

spunker
03-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I absolutely love reading these!

It's absolutely amazing the things that can make you feel so wondeful that doesn't have to do with the scale.

Some of these make me blush and giggle (in a completely good way lol). You all are doing so amazing :)

LisaMarie71
03-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Robin, I love the feeling I get from your last post -- hearing about how you're taking care of yourself, and how much your husband appreciates you. Wonderful! :)

My last significant NSV happened on Wednesday, and I posted about it in one of the Exercise threads but I'll repeat it here because I love it! I decided to try the step aerobics class that happens right before my usual bodysculpting class. Some other women warned me that it's 45 minutes of intense cardio, and then the instructor (not the usual one) asked if there were any beginners. I told her I hadn't done step in ages, and she gave me a look and said "Well...this is an intermediate class" as if I wouldn't be able to hang. Pfft. She did all sorts of crazy dance-y combos and I messed up a little here and there but I kept up just as well as anyone else AND I had to jump around and use my arms a lot to keep my heart rate up. So...not only was I able to keep up, it was TOO EASY for me! Woohoo! Running is getting me so much more fit than I've ever been before. :carrot: Oh, and did I mention that I was really tired and had cramps, but I still did the step class AND the bodysculpting class after it? Yay!

WindyCityChick
03-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't have a specific NSV to share today, just wanted to tell Robin, I loved your NSV - doesn't it feel great to enjoy clothes shopping again?!

And Lisa, congrats on the ease of the step class. Isn't it amazing how much more endurance you have now that you're running? I take the el to work every day, and I used to have to struggle to drag my sorry body up the stairs - I noticed recently that I am practically sprinting up them, without even realizing it - an improvement that I attribute to running.

Keep up the good work ladies, and keep sharing!

lilybelle
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone. I'm back from vacation. WTG on the great NSV's. If anyone cares to read about what I'm referring to as my Gender Reassignment Vacation (LOL) it's all posted in the maintainers forum this morning. It's a long story so I didn't want to post it twice.

We went camping and fishing last week. I had to get a new fishing license. The really grouchy clerk lady looked at my driver's license while making me a fishing license. She said very snotty like "Is this 155 the right
weight?". I perked up and said "NO, change it to 142 lbs.". This is the first time I've ever done this, but since she was hateful to me, I made her change it. LOL.

I stayed on program with my eating while gone and walked my dog at least 3 miles a day. I feel great and all my little clothes from last summer fit perfect. So, I'm feeling really good about my maintenance efforts.

Oh, we had boat problems on the way home and 2 motorcycle guys stopped to help. One was very cute and was flirting with me and patted me on the back. DH didn't appreciate it near as much as I did. LOL

lilybelle
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Today's NSV, my son bought me a new outfit for my B-day. He got me size 6 jeans and a large shirt. Both were too big. I''ll take them and exchange them for the exact same style without telling him. He was so proud of picking me out clothes and I don't want to spoil it for him. He said the size 4 jeans just looked so Tiny and he didn't think they could fit. LOL, I always think the same thing before I try them on.

rockinrobin
03-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Thank you so much ladies for appreciating my NSV. I knew you would. It really does feel nice to for my DH to appreciate me and for what I've done and for me to WANT to buy myself nice things. It was a long time in coming. And so very unbelievably rewarding. Thanks again.

Lilybelle, your vacation sounds like, ummm .... quite an experience. Yeah, let's call it that. At least you caught a nice big fish. Was it yummy? Did you have any fun at all? Great going on your many NSV's. I can't believe you wear a size 4. A four? I can't even begin to fathom what that must feel like. Sheesh, you're a tiny little thing, ain't ya? Glad you're back and in one piece. Now that you're home, maybe you can relax a little. *wink*

lilybelle
03-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Robin, it makes me smile to know that you are enjoying treating yourself to nice things. You deserve it.

Funny thing is, I still don't feel Tiny. I don't feel big, I just feel average. My hips and legs are very slender, but my waist and upper body aren't nearly as small. I still wear a medium or size 10-12 in shirts and dresses. But, I'm OK now with how I look and feel comfortable in my clothes. Like you had posted, not near as much to "worry" about now.

RememberHowToSmile
03-26-2007, 09:56 AM
It is finally starting to get warm out :) so when I was getting dressed this morning I looked for something besides my normal hoodie with a t-shirt underneath. I found a 3/4 length dress shirt that I use to wear to work on a regular bases last year. I figured it would be big on me but when I put it on I looked and the mirror and thought wow this really makes my stomach lok smaller. That isn't something that I normally think when I'm getting ready in the morning.

jennylou
03-26-2007, 10:56 AM
On Saturday, I bought a size 18 dress that was slightly big. I could have used a smaller size, but they only had the bigger sizes left. Normally, I wouldn't have bought it, but it was only $7 and it's not AS big as what I have been wearing, so it's an improvement - a cheap one at that.

When I started this I was squeezing into a 24, trying my hardest not to go into a 26. This feels good. :)

bizlawchik
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I am home sick today. I wanted to get a cuban sandwich sooooo bad or some matzo ball soup. Something carb-y and comfort food-y delicious. So I pulled out a box of clothes I've been saving as I'm going down in sizes and tried them on instead. I got a new suit jacket, a skirt and a new pair of shorts out of the box. Size 16. No "W" after it. Actually, the suit jacket is a 14! (I started at 24W+) I am a happy girl, and so happy I resisted the temptation.

Sheila53
03-26-2007, 03:19 PM
:bravo: Cassi! That's an awesome NSV!

LakeGirl
03-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow! I don't think I've ever read this thread before and I should have! Ya'll are totally inspiring and I cheer with each and every one of you on every NSV!

I actually had a couple NSV over the weekend, but I'm not to the point yet of truly feeling I deserve them, probably because I haven't lost very much yet. I've never really accepted compliments well and I just kind of wonder if they are only saying them because they know I've been trying.

* My friend, Shell, remarked that I looked smaller through my waist.
* My friend, Paula, said she could see it in my face (I'll be so glad when I can see it in my face!).
*My mom, who is my biggest critic, told me yesterday that she could see a difference though I still had a long ways to go.

My favorite came today from the lady working at Curves. I was just finishing my workout and she said, "I have to hand it to you. You work really hard when you come in here. Some of the ladies don't work the machines hard at all."

When I'd finished, we talked for a minute about how alot of the ladies, myself included, like to gab while working out, but that I had quickly discovered that when I was talking I didn't work as hard. So that I now reserve gab for before and after my workout in order to focus on getting the most out of my thirty minutes!

boaterswife
03-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Fabulous NSV's yet again, everyone! Congratulations to each and every one of you on so many accomplishments!

Today as I was leaving for my 4 mile walk (trying to get it in before the rain!) the neighbor across the street was outside. Normally we see each other in our cars, not the full length version, but today he was on the ladder and when I waved he shouted across the street to me "Man, Kel, you're wasting away to nothing!" I just smiled and yelled back "that's the plan!" and went on about my walk. Well I guess that put a bit of a spring into my step because for the next couple miles I got several whistles, oggles and catcalls while I was walking. I know, I know, male chauvenist pigs, etc., but sometimes I LIKE being the one they're cat-calling at! I just smiled when I heard or saw them because for once in my life I know the looks were because I looked darn good in my adidas shorts, snug tank and my sneaks, rather than getting the looks like "is she serious?". So, anyway, those are my NSV's for today!

royalsfan1
03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Way to go, Kelly! :D

rockinrobin
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
This is a BIG NSV for me, though it might not be to other people. I made baked ziti for my kids last night. I think they needed a break from all the chicken and veggies I've been feeding them. So, I went ahead and made it. Now in the old days, I'd boil the noodles, start adding the sauce and start picking right then and there. And I felt it happening all over again. I quickly went and got a piece of gum. And it put an end to my nibbling. Okay, then I finished making it, baked it in the oven, 45 mins later, I go to serve it and nothing, I ate nothing of it. Then I made me a little tiny chicken stir fry (Iwas going to just have the zitit, but didn't trust myself) and ate it up and loved it and was thrilled. I go to clean up their leftovers and of course I started to pick, but escaped with just having 2 noodles. I am very pleased. In the past I could easily have picked 2 or 3 servings worth, which is why I avoided it making it for so long. But they are not the ones with portion control issues, so there's no reason why they can't eat it once in a while. I am the one who can't control myself, oops, wait maybe I CAN control myself. Big NSV indeed.

royalsfan1
03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Very big one, Robin! You're in control and that's what is going to maintain the weight you've lost! Good job.

Lillibeth
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I just went for my first workout at a gym I recently joined and found myself next to an absolutely stunning co-worker who I only sort of know. Normally I would have felt so intimidated I'd have stayed for 5 mins and made my excuses. Today I decided to stick it out and chat with her, it turns out she is really nice and only looks how she does today because she has lost 90 pounds! I'm so glad I stayed as meeting people who have acheived my goals is really inspirational to me and maybe I've made a new friend.

kaepepper
03-27-2007, 09:25 AM
This is huge for me (emotional eating is unfortunately my forte'): My friend was unable to help me with getting my bike set up for a ride yesterday after work as we'd planned, and instead of going to the store to get food to help with the disappointment, I made myself get outside to enjoy the 81 degrees in Minnesota weather we had yesterday by walking for a half hour in my neighborhood. And I stayed away from the emotional eating throughout the evening, even through big cravings!

Lillibeth
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Kristen that's fantastic! Emotional eating is also my problem, the way you dealt with your disappointment is how I wish I could be.

Which part of Minnesota are you in? I am based in Brussels but spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids and the Como Park area of St Paul.