100 lb. Club - March's The ONE Reason I'm staying on plan today is:

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Okay that was a quick month.

This thread is about starting our day off with ONE good reason for why we should stick to our plans. Of course there are literally tons of reasons, but we're just looking for the ONE thing that's gonna do it for you today. It is meant to motivate us when we start wondering why we're working so hard and thinking "Ummm, why are we doing this again?" Or perhaps just to reinforce our new lifestyles.

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 07:45 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is that I am STILL 8 lbs away from being just plain old obese instead of MORBIDLY obese. Yup at 5 ft nothing I still have the lovely distinction of being morbidly obese. I need to get to 179 lbs to remove that lovely word morbildly from the equation. It's a word I'm not very fond of and that is what prompted me to change my lifefstyle in the first place. But I will tell you this, I really don't FEEL morbidly obese. I look and feel more fit and healthy then I have been in way over a decade. But that's what the BMI calculators tell me.

Cheryl14
03-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi Robin!

I hate that term "morbidly obese", too! I'm glad that your terrific weight loss has helped you to FEEL better than "morbidly obese"! You have done an incredible feat losing as much weight as you have in such a short time!:)

MY one reason for staying on plan today is to reach ONEderland! I have it in my sights...It is right there... My eyes are glued to it!

LisaMarie71 is right where I am, too! We hope to cross the tape together, so WATCH OUT everyone...TWO gals are ON THEIR WAY to ONEderland very soon! :dancer: :dancer:

Cheryl

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Awww, thanks Cheryl.

You and LisaMarie are soooo close. It's just days away now. We are all looking out for the big announcements and are here just cheering you on!! Go Cheryl! Go Cheryl! Go Cheryl! Go LisaMarie! Go Lisamarie! Go Lisamarie! Go girls, you're in the homestretch now. Woohoo!!!!

RitzyFritz
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
My one reason: To get to my goal. One day at a time...it all adds up.

kaepepper
03-01-2007, 08:18 AM
My reason today: I have a back ache from lifting/pushing snow wrong, and I know that I'm less likely to have back problems if I have less weight on my body.

royalsfan1
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
As listed in another post (somewhere...I have no idea where but I do remember typing it!) I'm staying on plan today because I'm following the example of another "chick" and I'm giving away all of this year's winter clothes. So come next winter, I'll have nothing to wear unless I stay on plan today!

HotDoc
03-01-2007, 09:28 AM
what other choice do i have? that is my reason. i can't go back. it's not me anymore. it hasn't been in a while. you know that and i might turn into a pillar of salt.

jennylou
03-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm staying OP today because I've come so far in January and February, and I don't want to go back - just keep plugging forward. :)

LisaMarie71
03-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the cheers, Robin!! :)

My one reason today is the same as Cheryl's, of course -- I'm almost in Onederland!! Why on earth would I turn back now?

Actually, the scale said 199 this morning, but I'm not believing anything until my official weigh-in Tuesday. My crazy scale and my crazy body just fluctuate too much.

sharonrr
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Onederland would be onederful but too far from that so. The one reason I'm staying on plan today because the scale didn't move and if I don't stay on plan it won't move next week.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-01-2007, 09:53 AM
:cheer: Go, Cheryl! :cheer: Go, Lisa! Looking forward to hearing the good news!

My One reason today: I've made it through two whole months of lifestyle changes! I do believe that is a record for me and I want more!

Soon2BFitChick
03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Yay Lisa and Cheryl!!! I'm soooo excited for you both!!!! :cheer:

I'm staying OP today bc I want out of the 220s and the scale didn't move this week. I'm not feeling very well this morning so maybe that will also assist me in not eating much. :D

Have a great March everyone! :cb:

Mrs Quadcrew
03-01-2007, 10:23 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is:

I have JUMPED into March AND the 230's!!!! This is my life now, and it isn't difficult at all for me, and every week I am amazed at the numbers - they keep going down for the first time in my life.:D

I can't wait to see you guys in ONEDERLAND ~ that has to be sooo exciting!!!

zoritsa
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today,is because it is much easier to stay on plan everyday,then it is to try to get back on plan.

Kae
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Kaepepper-- I know what you mean about the snow- we're neighbors. In light of the blizzard like conditions expected today I told my sister that I WILL do the shoveling when I get home from working my 2 jobs at about 10:30 tonight. It's a GREAT workout. Bring on the snow!

Zoritsa-- I know exactly what you mean when you say it's easier to stay on plan than to get back on plan. It seems sometimes when we fall off or slip a little it is easy to use it as an excuse to say, "screw it, I blew the day so I might as well polish off this cake and cookies and I'll be better tomorrow when I can start fresh. I loved a quote I read in a post earlier this week (someone said they got it from a weightwatcher meeting).. saying that if you slip while walking down the stairs you don't just say, "Oh well. I blew it" and then give up and throw yourself down the staircase.

As for me.. I am staying on plan Today for myself. I joined the March Points Challenge and I have a refreshing feeling of motivation.

SexyRevealed
03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I WANT TO SHOP AT VICTORIA'S SECRET!!! I want a pretty pink bag too, filled with more than just lotion and body spray. :)

bizlawchik
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Tiffany - So funny you said that! I have been wearing my size 10 Hanes granny pants since I was 260 and it really is time for a change. I went into VS w/teenage DD and she said I should get some. I told her I could get some cheaper ones at Target and she said, "Mom, it's just not the same. Treat yourself." So I did. I had my own pink bag for the first time in about 10 years!

Today I stay OP because I want to see a new decade (the 180s) in the next few days. (At least on my home scale)

GirlyGirlSebas
03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I WANT TO SHOP AT VICTORIA'S SECRET!!! I want a pretty pink bag too, filled with more than just lotion and body spray. :)

:dance: Me too! I just love lacey, satiny, silky pretty lingerie. It used to make me feel so sexy and feminine. I saw Carmen Electra interviewed and she said she collected lingerie. Now, I never looked like that ;) but I will sure have an awesome collection again one day!

phantastica
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
TORISOPTI: I have a date. He's seen me so that's not the issue, but body image is directly proportional to eating habits for me!

Angihas2
03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm staying on plan today because to NOT stay on plan would me to regain what I have lost, both in pounds, inches and confidence.

Slashnl
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm with Zoritsa on this one. I'm staying on plan today because it is so darn hard to start over again. I can't say that I'm close to onderland, but I'm darn close to 270land. I like to break through those 10's!! Little victories, you know!

bizlawchik
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
New decades are always exciting!

TammyD
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
My reason for staying on plan today is because I finally made it to having under 100 lbs too lose...which to me (at this moment) I don't care if it's 1 or 99 lbs left for my long goal I still made it to less than 100! YAY! Also it's been 6 years and 2 kids ago that I made it to onederland and I can't wait to get back there again. Which I AM going to do. I am soooo happy I joined this site. You all are doing so great, very inspirational.

jtammy
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm staying on plan today, because I want to be overweight, instead of obese. I'm one pound away from overweight.

LisaMarie, doesn't it feel great just to see 199 flash across the screen, even if it's momentary! You and Cheryl are almost there. Go girls go!!

problysewin
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is my family. I'm feeling so good lately and I think it's contagious. I have finally got everyone off the junk food at home and there is no way I'm going back on that.

Oh and the Victoria Secrets thing too! I can't wait!

HotDoc
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
i thought of another reason....underwear. i love really nice underwear. underwear is very inspiring..:df:

Janny O
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is that pool season is just around the corner and I'm sick of scaring everyone in my swimsuit!!!

MsOnemoretime
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
One reason to stay on my plan today is because my health is at risk. My knees can't hold my weight, my back hurts if I stand up longer than ten minutes and I now have type II diabetes. I am killing myself slowly with overeating.

WindyCityChick
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey Lisa and Cheryl - I am sooooo racing you to onederland! I'd love to see us all cross the line at the same time. I am very close - saw 200 on the scale this morning, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that on Sunday (my "official" weigh in day and the only one I count for tracking), I'll be there.

SexyRevealed
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is that pool season is just around the corner and I'm sick of scaring everyone in my swimsuit!!!

LOL. We have a pool here in our complex, and I'm sure I won't be swimsuit ready this year but next year, here I come pool! I love to swim, and I can't wait! :D

Lillibeth
03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that I have been stuck in the hospital for a few days and now I am out I don't want to waste all of that enforced slimming!

royalsfan1
03-02-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I had a great weigh in today and am riding that momentum to next Friday! I want to be in the 230's next week!

rockinrobin
03-02-2007, 08:12 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is:

About the 3rd week into my journey I went to see a nutritionist. I checked into it and it was covered by my insurance and I figured why the heck not? I figured it was somebody to hold me accountable and the such. I didn't wind up liking her very much and went for a total of 5 times. One of the reasons I didn't like her is because she said if I don't go to a gym I will never make it out of the 180's. Well I haven't gone to a gym, but I sure do exercise nevertheless. So I am looking to prove little miss nutritionist WRONG and get out of the 180's and then the 170's and out of the 160's and so on and so on and so on.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
:cheer: Go, Robin! No, you don't have to use a gym to get in shape! Good for you for standing your ground! My doctor wants me to go on his fancy expensive diet...it costs a ton and uses meal replacements. He wasnt happy when I told him "No, Southbeach works for me." He acted rather insulted that I didn't want to pay money for another stupid diet plan. I can't see myself living on meal replacements for the rest of my life! I'm trying to learn to eat to live and teach my children how to eat. What would meal replacement shakes teach them? Like you, I am determined to show him a thing or two!

Okay....getting off my soapbox! My One reason today: I want to be slender and fit! And there's only one way for me to get there...stay on plan!

LisaMarie71
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Robin, that nutritionist was rather silly. You burn calories through activity that gets your heart rate up and builds muscle, after all, and you can do that however you like, whether it's in a gym or at your house or anywhere else!! How silly for him or her to think otherwise! And look how incredibly well you've done -- it's always interesting to me how people can doubt someone's ability to succeed when they so clearly already HAVE succeeded!!

My one reason for staying on plan today is because of my running. We got a Runner's World magazine in the mail yesterday (not sure why -- my husband used to subscribe but not for a long time, and it just showed up again...) and I read almost every word. I'm definitely developing a love for running, and losing more weight will enable me to become a better, stronger, faster runner.

boaterswife
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I was thinking about my reason for staying on plan today, and realized I don't have one BIG reason for doing it, just a ton of little ones that all add up. I like me, how ironic is that? For years I didn't want to look in the mirror, get caught in a photograph, acknowledge my true size. Now I can't seem to walk into my bedroom without taking a moment to look at my butt in the mirror. I'm amazed every time I do. I like what I see. I feel GOOD, inside and out, and just feeling good in general is enough for me to think "why wouldn't I stay on plan?" I have nothing to lose by staying on plan, but a lot of good feelings and self worth to lose if I go off plan. I'm sticking to it.

Casey4
03-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I really want to be able to fit into some of the cute, new clothes styles that are out. I want to never have to shop in the "Plus" section. I can't wait to get to that point.

Angihas2
03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I want out of the plus size section of the store. Most of those clothes my grandmothers wouldn't wear, why would I? And it seems to me, plus size clothing costs more, and is generally of lesser quality. I want more bang for my buck, tyvm!

Penney
03-03-2007, 07:07 AM
My reason for staying on plan today is because I am packing up my winter clothes today. I was not kidding when I said I would go to work in a robe if I have to, they are OUT OF HERE! Actually - I am going to do that as soon as I finish my posting this morning.... I have hit my limit of people either telling me that my goal is not possible or I have to do it a certain way or it is just never going to work for me. :mad:

This is crass - but I have to say it just this one time....

THOSE PEOPLE CAN KISS MY TUSH - BUT THEY BETTER HURRY BECAUSE WHILE IT MAY BE A BIG ENOUGH TARGET NOW - GUESS WHAT IT'S SHRINKING; EVERY TIME I GO TO CURVES, DO A VIDEO, EAT HEALTHY AND EVERYDAY THAT I STAY ON PLAN - MY WAY.

kaepepper
03-03-2007, 10:46 AM
My one reason today - I want the energy to walk around the neighborhood at a fast pace and really enjoy it, and to walk around Lake Harriet this summer not so terribly self conscious about my (lack of) speed and my looks in comparison to all the other people there.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today is: Every year, on my birthday, I make a resolution with myself to lose weight and get in shape. This year, I want to be able to look in the mirror and say "I did it!"

LisaMarie71
03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I make birthday resolutions too, Rhonda. It felt really good this past Dec 12 to know that I was halfway to my goal weight and that if I keep it up I'll be there before the next one rolls around!

I'm staying on plan today because I want to enjoy my life. I spent my 20s and half my 30s overweight (and obese for most of it). I want the rest of my 30s, my 40s, and all the years I'm lucky enough to live to be different. I already feel so much better!

RitzyFritz
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
My reason today: Because I LOVE the better lifestyle now that we are eating wholesome foods. I don't have to feel guilty in my mind like I did as I scarfed down a Big Mac as my kids got 'poisoned' with a Happy Meal. :smug:

Newlifestyle
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is I am worth it. I finally can say that. Wow, I never thought I was worth it before but I am.....thanks to all of you. You constantly give support and great ideas.
Thanks

beautifulone
03-03-2007, 08:03 PM
It's so tempting to write more than one reason!

OK, my one reason to stay on plan today is because every day that I do brings me closer to my goal, and this is immensely important to me.

On a sidenote, I'm always amazed by how short-lived a meal or dessert can be. My weight journey is something I can rely on, I know that I HAVE taken off 44-45 pounds, I know that I have LESS fat on my body... but 5 minutes after finishing a dessert, it's gone for my tastebuds and I want more.

rockinrobin
03-04-2007, 09:24 AM

I love checking out my so called "collar-bone o'meter". Yup some people have a pair of pants they are trying to get into, or of course see the number go down on the scale. But me, I've been watching my collar bones. They popped quite some time ago, but now ...... ah they're out in full force, including this hollow in my neck which I absolutely love. Anyway, today is Sunday, tomorrow Monday, my weigh-in day and I can tell just by looking at the ol' collarboneometer, that I've had a decent week. I want those suckers to be more and more distinct. Yeah, I'm crazy I know.

CyberGypsy
03-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I am finally doing something i want to do since i was 18.

beautifulone
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay, it is morningtime so a more fitting time to post than evening.

I'm 22 and I used to have foot pain! My doctor told me I could get orthodics to help with it "but losing weight will also help". Well she was right, foot pain is 99.9% gone.

My reason for staying on plan today is because there is just no way I am reverting back to a 262 lbs 5'5" female human being. No. Nope. No way. Not happening. Nuh-uh :no: Nope.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today: Yesterday, I did my hair and makeup and wore my new smaller jeans and shirt to go to my nephew's birthday party. For the first time in a long time, I felt pretty. :) I really like the changes in my body and I know there is much more to come from staying on-plan.

WindyCityChick
03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
My one reason today is that I went to a party last night. Someone had a camera and took pictures, and you know what - for the first time in a while, I didn't hate how I looked when I saw the photos.

Penney
03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello ladies!!!

Well - my one reason for staying on plan today is because I FEEL GOOD. I am trying to come own with my daughter's cold - - - but I still feel good...

I was actually scooting around the house - singing that song by James Brown.... You know "I FEEL GOOD! Just like I knew I would..." I think I may have scarred my teens for life - - - but I can't help it...

My knees hurt last night from jogging on the recovery boards at Curves - but I took some stuff that seems to really help - - - woke up this morning ready to take on the world...... I wish I could bottle this feeling right now and take some every time I start to hit a low....

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

sharonrr
03-04-2007, 12:42 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is nothing tastes as sweet as the scale moving downward. And the scale is going to move downward this week because it didn't last week.:cool:

kaepepper
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
My one reason today: Because I plan to be in a biking club in one month - need to feel more "in shape".

SexyRevealed
03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan is because I want to know what it's like to be fit. I've been overweight since I was a child, and I really want to experience life at a healthy weight.

jennylou
03-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm staying OP today because I am feeling better than I have in a long time, and I want to feel even better. :)

LisaMarie71
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I love my husband more than I love food. I was unhealthy for so long, heading for a shortened life most likely. Why wouldn't I do everything in my power to have as many years as possible with my husband? There are so many ways our lives can be shortened, and this is one way I can control. It would be insane not to try to be as healthy as possible so I can enjoy my life and spend as many years as I can with my wonderful husband.

Angihas2
03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Because I'm getting sexy as heck and I fully intend to continue this!

sharonrr
03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Good morning all. The one reason I'm staying on plan today is I peeked at my weight this morning and it is 209. My scale day is Wednesday and I want it to stay there or below because I didn't lose last week.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-05-2007, 08:37 AM
My One reason for today: Because I'm really aggravated that the scales arent moving a bit quicker, but I'm determined to keep going.

rockinrobin
03-05-2007, 08:55 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is:

I had a really good weekend full of compliments, one after the other. My daughters are so proud of the way I look and dress now and how active and outgoing I am. My husband keeps telling me how small I am. I felt so fit and regular and average and normal and GOOD. Staying on plan is so worth it. I never want to go back to the old days. No way, no how.

royalsfan1
03-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I just saw my parents this weekend and they noticed I was "looking really good" but couldn't "put a finger on" what's different. It will be about a month until I see them again. Next time I want them to get a finger on it! hahah

kaepepper
03-05-2007, 09:19 AM
This may seem a little frivolous, but I want to stay on plan today because I EVENTUALLY want to be able to wear pretty bras and underwear - I want to be able to go in Victoria's Secret and fit into their stuff.

shelby897
03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I am staying on plan today because I was too off and on last week and I didn't lose anything. And because my oldest son is so much a little version of me as a child and I don't want him following in my footsteps, so it's time to teach him by example.

Karma27
03-05-2007, 10:06 AM
The one reason that comes to mind today is that I am just plain tired of being fat...nuff said.

Blue Butterfly
03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm staying on plan today so that I'll look good in my bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding. I tried on the dress this weekend and it zipped up, but it was definitely too tight! Luckily I have lots of time to lose the weight I need to! :)

Mrs Quadcrew
03-05-2007, 10:33 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is:

That getting on and off my ATV is a LOT easier now!! (and my coveralls zip without me having to hold it all in!!) I can't wait till they're too big!!:D

Angihas2
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Because this is one thing I can do for me, noone else can do this for me. And I am so worth it!

LisaMarie71
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm staying on plan today because my weigh-in is tomorrow and it doesn't look good, despite the fact that I ran 18 miles this week (plus other exercise) and I've been staying on my eating plan for ages now. Apparently I'm going to have to do some tweaking. Well, I DID some tweaking, but I'll have to do more. The scale said I'd gained a pound this morning, which is not good. My body doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get under 200 pounds.

Casey4
03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
is because I realize that my lifestyle is a marathon not a sprint. I am on day 63 on plan with no U-turns!

SexyRevealed
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I did excellent this weekend and I would like the trend to continue. And I feel great!

Slashnl
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I don't want to continue to have the negative thoughts that occupied my mind this weekend. I want this issue resolved at some point, so I have to be on plan today!

Newlifestyle
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because it has become my way of life and it feels natural to stay on plan.

Ann

jennylou
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm staying OP today because I have big events this year - I'm in a wedding and a hs reunion.

sexybrokechick
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Because I slipped the last two weeks and I missed how energetic I was.

Penney
03-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I am copying Kristen - - - Let's hear it for FRIVOLOUS!! :cp: :cheer2:

I want to buy clothes because they are cute - -- not because they are well built and are going to "contain" me....

rockinrobin
03-06-2007, 07:36 AM

Because this is the most rewarding, worthwhile, coolest, satisfying, enjoyable, eye opening, life altering and stupendous ride I have ever been on. And it MUST continue.

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I really am hoping to change my avatar on Friday to a 20 lb chick! :)

boaterswife
03-06-2007, 10:51 AM
The plans are set, I'm going to Reno for a week in July for a family wedding....I'd like to be at goal or close to it when I go on the trip....then buy a bunch of new clothes while I'm there! Yep, I'm staying on plan today!

Katy05
03-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm staying on plan today because even though I so badly wanted to have one of my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies last night, I didn't. And today will be the same. Cookie free.

beautifulone
03-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Robin, I LOVE this thread. It's hard to remember 3FC days without it, thank you so much for starting it!

Shortly after waking up, I was lying in bed today contemplating my "one reason" :lol:. My one reason for staying OP today is because I'm excited to lose more weight (in a healthy way of course). I'm excited about looking prettier, being smaller, feeling better, stronger muscles that can carry me further. I'm so excited about the load I've taken off of my body, the benefits that's made for my heart, my blood vessels, my organs, joints, my whole body!

babeedee
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
my one reason for staying on track today is the fact that i could be making alot more money if i were thinner.

LitChick
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, you are all so inspiring! My first post in this forum and as you can see from my ticker, I'm just starting out and have a long way to go - but trying not to focus on that at the moment!

My one reason today is that I want to look forward, not back.

Casey4
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
is because I love my plan and the way it makes me feel!

Slashnl
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I have to make it to the next lower "decade". I want to work my way through each 10 pounds and make it to goal. So happy I actually got up and exercised this morning!!!

finn
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Ohhhh today I'm staying on plan as its my one-year-anniversary of trying to lose weight. Go me!

SexyRevealed
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Go finn!!! Looks like you had a great year!!!

Angihas2
03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Nice Job Finn, one yr!!!

OK, my reason for staying on plan today.....I've wanted to be a cosmetologist for so long, I wouldn't mind working in a salon for someone else, but I really want to do makeup for newscasters/pageants/platform work. When I meantioned this when I was younger, everyone told me I was to fat, it would be to hard on my legs, feet, back to stand that long. Well, I'm 50 lbs lighter now, so today I am going to a school to speak to their advisors, probably register etc etc. I'm going to do this, I havent told any of my friends, and any of my family, except Matt and the kids. I may never get to do platform work, but I can certainly stand long enough, move enough to be able to do beauty work.

SexyRevealed
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I want to be HOT in my 30's... One more year until the big 30, and 30 will definitely be the new 20 for me!!! :)

SexyRevealed
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice Job Finn, one yr!!!

OK, my reason for staying on plan today.....I've wanted to be a cosmetologist for so long, I wouldn't mind working in a salon for someone else, but I really want to do makeup for newscasters/pageants/platform work. When I meantioned this when I was younger, everyone told me I was to fat, it would be to hard on my legs, feet, back to stand that long. Well, I'm 50 lbs lighter now, so today I am going to a school to speak to their advisors, probably register etc etc. I'm going to do this, I havent told any of my friends, and any of my family, except Matt and the kids. I may never get to do platform work, but I can certainly stand long enough, move enough to be able to do beauty work.

Angihas2, you GO!!!! Following your dreams! It's beautiful! :carrot:

I've always been in love with hair and makeup, and I went to check out some schools, but it didn't fit in with my life then. You are a wonderful example that it's NEVER too late!

LisaMarie71
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, you are all so inspiring! My first post in this forum and as you can see from my ticker, I'm just starting out and have a long way to go - but trying not to focus on that at the moment!

My one reason today is that I want to look forward, not back.

Litchick, don't think about how far you have to go, because you WILL get there. You're already looking forward, not back, and that's the key! By the way, I'm a "litchick" too -- I teach high school English and I love nothing more than reading!

I'm staying on plan today because I WILL get to Onederland, even though my body has decided to slow down the journey lately.

WakeMeForSummer
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
One reason I'M sticking to the plan today is:

My insurance company is raising my premium $90 because of my BMI !! $90 !!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM

I weigh in on Friday and I want to see those numbers going DOWN even more!

WamTam
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today: My knees hurt when i walk up stairs and since I live in a basement suite i have stairs to walk everyday....

One day at a time one step at a time....

Penney
03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
My one reason for staying on plan Wednesday is because I am happy with my changes - even though the physical is not there, I am changing every day - I am proving that this can be done, I am stronger (:strong: :lifter:)inside and out......... I really really like that!

royalsfan1
03-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I have no reason not to. There IS no reason not to. 1 week and a couple of days until my first mini-goal date and I plan to make that goal in time!

rockinrobin
03-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I am staying on plan today because I have had the worst 3 days in a row that I have had in a looong time. Nothing terrible, but nothing great. I don't know if I ate 1400 calories yesterday or 1800. Or the day before. I was just nibbling all day long. I despise this feeling of not knowing how many calories I ate. It has been a huge comfort for me over the last few months and I just let it go out the window. Nuh, uh, no more. It's not worth it. To compensate for it I have been exercising like mad crazy and I am SORE. Today it's back to basics for me. It's back to the days of control and knowing what I am consuming. This week is not shot yet. I still have 5 days til weigh in. Plenty of time to turn it around. I just need to get this one good day under my belt. AND I WILL. I WILL. I WILL. I WILL. I WILL.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
My One reason for today: I'm feeling stressed and fighting the urge to comfort myself with food. I am determined to win this battle today!

kaepepper
03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
My one reason today: My clothes fit so much better after just 2 weeks, and I want to keep going, to drop a size for summer!

Ruthxxx
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
My reason today: I am 200.5 and can almost taste ONEderland. It's been a week with no loss and today WILL be it. Make it so!

sharonrr
03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is this is the best I've felt in 20 years. Why would I change that.

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I WILL be in Onederland at my next weigh-in. In fact, I'm actually there today, but I'm not officially calling it until my weigh-in day next Tuesday, which means I have to make sure I STAY there. I weighed in at 198 this morning. :carrot:

rockinrobin
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh LISAMARIE, Tuesday, we have to wait til Tuesday. Can't we please make an exception, compromise, how about ummm... say Friday? Regardless of when you make it official - I AM SO FLIPPIN' THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF FOR YOU. THRILLED. THRILLED. THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwa.

boaterswife
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Lisa, YAHOOOOOOOO!!! I'm so excited for you, and Tuesday is right around the corner....we'll all be counting down with you!!!

My one reason for staying on plan today is because my goal weight seems achievable now. When I started this journey I didn't even want to think about the amount I wanted to lose, but now I'm well over half way there and only have about 38 pounds to go, and that just feels so doable! I can do it, and I will do it, and I will be so proud of myself and what I've achieved.

zoritsa
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Woots Lisa!!! :cp: Even though you're not calling it official yet,I'm happy for you :D

I'm staying on plan today so I too will get closer to that much anticipated,"ONEderland".

LitChick
03-07-2007, 10:37 AM
An unofficial :congrat: for your unoffficial milestone, Lisa! What an accomplishment!

Everyone approaching 'ONEderland' is giving me more motivation to keep on doing this.

So my one reason today is that someday I want to reach 'ONEderland' too - and I will! :carrot:

Mrs Quadcrew
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM

We'll be seeing friends next week that we haven't seen in several months and I want them to be sooo surprised at how I look!

(and Go LISA!!!! ~~ ONEderland is YOURS!!):hug:

Slashnl
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is I am 2 days into my exercise goal and doing good. I have a potluck at work today, so I'm going to have to be very careful!!!

Angihas2
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
My reason for staying on plan today, is simple. I want to! I choose to be healthy today.

jennylou
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm staying OP today, because I loved seeing the scale going lower today - I want to keep seeing it move that way! :)

triplettummy
03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
My one reason to stay on plan today is ME. I deserve to feel better. I started this for my children. I'm finishing it for me.

Monica

SexyRevealed
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Lisa, it's official as far as I'm concerned. YOU stepped on the scale and it said 198!!! Congrats!!!

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I can't wait to see 198 on my scale. You ladies inspire me beyond belief!

RitzyFritz
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
My reason today: I'm becoming addicted to this way of living. Feeling better all the time.

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the congratulations, you guys! I refuse to change my ticker until it shows up on a Tuesday, though! If I did, I would've changed it when I first saw 199 two weeks ago and then I'd be all disappointed this past Tuesday when it said 200 again! I want to be FIRMLY in Onederland before I celebrate for real!

I just want to say how much I love this thread -- all of you remind me of such great reasons for sticking to our commitments and getting healthy!

royalsfan1
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea, Lisa! I'm happy for you!!! (and a bit green?) haha I can't wait until I get there, too! Of course, this is an "unofficial" congrats. ;)

Penney
03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Lisa that is so fantastic!! Talk about floating on :cloud9:

I can't wait to see that one day....... that is my reason for staying committed.... I want to be there!

WindyCityChick
03-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Yay Lisa! I feel like we share a lot in this journey, so I'm very happy to share the joy of Onederland with you now. Congrats!

kaepepper
03-08-2007, 08:17 AM
My reason today: I want to see what my face looks like under the extra fat -right now it's pretty round, so I'd like to see more of my jaw line and cheekbones.

rockinrobin
03-08-2007, 08:21 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is:

I've had a rough few days, nothing awful, nothing great that's for sure. And I really, really don't like it. Not a comfortable feeling. I want to be back on plan 200%!!!! It really IS easier to just stay on plan in the first place.

LitChick
03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
RockinRobin: :hug: I hope today is better, and good for you for not letting those emotions get the best of you!

Today my one reason is that I peeked early at the scale and I've already lost a couple pounds - definitely enough incentive to keep going today! :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-08-2007, 09:01 AM
:hug: to Rockinrobin.

I am staying strictly on plan today because I did NOT yesterday. My weight stayed the same but there is no room for deviation today!

sharonrr
03-08-2007, 09:03 AM
The one reason I am staying OP today the scale finally showed a loss after 2 weeks only 1 lb. I'll take it. Going in the right direction.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-08-2007, 09:19 AM
My One reason today: I refuse to give in to the stress! I want to come out stronger and better on the other side.

Angihas2
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm staying on plan today again, because I want to. I like my healthier life and although I'm not moving anywhere near like I was or should be, I'm still healthier in my mind and in my eating than I have ever been before.

LisaMarie71
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Yay, Lesley!! Way to go on already losing a few pounds! Woohoo! And congratulations on losing that pound, sharon!

Robin, I know what you mean about it being easier to stay on plan in the first place than to try to get back on plan. I'm terrified of slipping, so I try to pretty much never go off plan. That's why I don't "forbid" myself anything -- I fit it all in in small portions if I need a treat. Otherwise, I'd stick to plan one day and then binge my head off the rest of the week!! :lol:

My one reason for staying on plan today is because my crazy fluctuating scale was back up to 199 today and I really don't want to see it creep back up to 200 before weigh-in day!

jennylou
03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm staying OP today because I don't want to be the fat one anymore.

finn
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Why will I stay on plan today...coz I really don't want to be making up for a splurge today in the gym tomorrow.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is: I've been living my new life for going on 10 weeks now, and it isn't a "plan" anymore. It is how I LIVE.

boaterswife
03-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm staying on plan today for an almost unbelievable reason.....it's habit. Can you believe the old habits are gone and eating what is right is now actually a habit? Shocking, I know! I worked so hard to rid myself of the bad habits, that today I'm just going to enjoy myself and let the good habits have control!

Casey4
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
because I like it. It fits in my life now and I like watching my clothes get roomier. I am going out to Trader's Joes to replenish some supplies.

royalsfan1
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I weigh in tomorrow and I want my on plan days to count for something!

SexyRevealed
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
My reason today: I want to see what my face looks like under the extra fat -right now it's pretty round, so I'd like to see more of my jaw line and cheekbones.

Me too! I'm tired of having a baby face. I'm 29 dammit!!! :D

Penney
03-09-2007, 07:00 AM
I am staying on plan today because the change in my lifestyle - is very good thing and I am feeling it!

royalsfan1
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm staying on plan today because the scales didn't move as much as I'd hoped...so I'm going to show them who is boss next week!

beautifulone
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Well the one reason I hope I will stay on plan today and not break down and binge, is because these last few days have not been great including a binge yesterday. Sooooo, the goal is to gather myself and step right back into the swing of things again. I can imagine that this may have done something to my weight - I will have to see. But it's easier to recover early than it is once all havoc is running loose. My one reason for staying OP is because it is good for me and I deserve to be taken care of well and to take good care of myself. I used to think that it was so difficult to get started and stay on a healthy weight loss course - and yes it is - but living life the way I was before at my high weight and inactivity is without a doubt infinitely more difficult. I don't want to live those days again.

kaepepper
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Because last night I used food to deal with tough emotions - and I can't allow that to become a habit again!

rockinrobin
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Thankfully yesterday was a great back on plan day for me. Yay!!!! I sooo needed that.

Today I will stay on plan because it makes me HAPPY. Really, really HAPPY. It's what I enjoy. I really and truly enjoy all the healthy stuff in normal sized portions. I enjoy having my day mapped out for me. I love the sense of comfort it brings me. I love knowing that I am treating my body RIGHT. I love knowing that I am doing all that I can to give myself the best shot at a healthy and longer life.

Charbar
03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm staying on plan today so I will have a good weight lose on Monday. After my McDonalds supper last night I'm going to drink some extra water too!

Cheryl14
03-09-2007, 09:54 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that the 39 pounds that I still have to lose seems very do-able to me now!:) My focus is on my target, and I am revamping my food plan and exercise plan to help me STAY on course.

Cheryl

Mrs Quadcrew
03-09-2007, 10:06 AM

I FEEL smaller! I know it is working, and I am seeing the rewards for treating myself right - the way I DESERVE to be treated! I am fueling my body with GOOD for you food instead of JUNK - and I am reaping the rewards!! I wish I could bottle this and sell it!!:D

RitzyFritz
03-09-2007, 10:21 AM
My one reason: I'm looking forward to checking off all the goals I set for myself in the beginning. Unless I stay committed today, and every tomorrow, I won't have the joy of doing this. That just isn't an option! :smug:

GirlyGirlSebas
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
My One reason today: Because I have a goal to become slender and healthy. Hubby and I are headed to Georgia for the weekend. I could so easily use include off-plan foods as another way of enjoying our road trip. But, doing so will not get me closer to my goal.

Ruthxxx
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm staying on plan today because it will be more difficult to do it tomorrow! I am going out for dinner and she is serving Indian! That's going to be tricky.
Another thing that will make today easy to stick to plan is that I have delicious food planned for my meals. Food can be an art form!

SexyRevealed
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because it's working. Simple as that!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Tiff - you are SOOOO close to twoterville!!! You'll be there next week for sure!!! (just wanted to tell you - YOU GO GRIL!!):hug:

LisaMarie71
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, Tiffany, you ARE close!! Let's cross those lines together!

I weighed myself this morning and it said 197 and then I stepped back on and it said 201. Um...huh? Ugh, my crazy scale. That 197 was lovely to see, though -- I wish it would stick!

I'm staying on plan today because I want to be FIRMLY in Onederland soon, with no sign of going back over 200. My new goal is to get to the 180s -- that's what I'm setting my sights on. Not that long ago, my goal was to get to the 250s, so for those of you who have a lot to lose, just remember that it DOES happen and you'll reach those goals as well.

Casey4
03-09-2007, 11:40 AM
because it has been a long, busy week and it makes me feel as though I am in control when I stay on plan--day 67! :carrot:

Angihas2
03-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I choose to stay on plan today to continue being the healthy person I am gradually becoming.

jennylou
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm staying OP today because I'm looking forward to the day that someone notices my weight loss who doesn't know about it.

SexyRevealed
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks Lisa and Mrs. Q!

Lisa, this week will be your week. I can feel it!!! :carrot:

Mrs. Q, you are just awesome! But you know that. :hug:

boaterswife
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Ohhhhh, I'm staying on plan today because tomorrow is my WW weigh in day...and I would love for that scale to read a lower number!

beautifulone
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
My one reason for staying OP today is because it makes life better. I like feeling strong. I like being able to shop without panic. I like feeling health conscious. I like fitting into seats. I like increased confidence. I like what going to the gym means to me. I like how exercising has changed me. I like how losing weight has changed my life for the better. I like not dreading that the doctor may bring up my weight again. I like that I have been on plan for three seasons now. I like the feeling that this is not temporary. I like that I don't feel desperate. I like being part of this wonderful community. I like having a goal to work towards. I like seeing positive changes. And I really like that I could go on... the improvements and reasons are endless!

LisaMarie71
03-10-2007, 01:08 PM
My one reason today is because I'm committed to this plan even though my stupid scale was back to 201 this morning. :mad: My body doesn't seem to want to go under 200, but it WILL.

Dawn2Dusk
03-10-2007, 01:21 PM
The reason I'm sticking on plan today is because I've been bad the whole week and tomorrow I weigh myself. I plan on being good and seeing some progress tomorrow, even if it's only one pound. :) Plus, I want to lose weight and start putting on those "5, 10, 20... etc pounds lost" avatar :D I think it's motivating.

royalsfan1
03-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Dawn2...my reason is almost like yours. I'm one lb from the 20 lb avatar and I want to change it come Friday!!!!

LisaMarie71
03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I love the feeling when my "skinny" clothes start to get a little loose. It may not be too long before I can go from a 16 to a 14, and then I'll be firmly in the "regular size" section. I TRULY want to leave the plus sizes behind forever!

rockinrobin
03-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm staying on plan today because tomorrow is weigh-in day. Need I say anymore? I didn't think so.

LisaMarie, I'm just wondering what kind of scale you have. It seems to fluctuate an awful lot. I also weigh every day, but only count it on Mondays. During the week I sometimes see up to a 2 lb gain. Always to fall back on Monday. And then that is my new low. The only time it will keep at the same weight or go lower every single day is when I have a real big week, like over 3 lbs. Last Monday I was 183.4, I went up to 185.6 one day this week, then 185, then 183. 6 again, maybe yesterday and this morning I was down to 181.6. We'll see what tomorrow brings. But if my past patterns are true to itself, I think it will say the 181.6 or less. At least I hope so. And then if I have an average week, say 2 lbs, I may spike up to 183.6 during the week and slowly lose towards Monday.

Ardissa
03-11-2007, 12:30 PM
My one reason today to stay on plan is that I want to be in breath when I do anything. I hate the feeling of being out of breath, huffing and puffing when I walk a few stairs. . . .Ardissa

Angihas2
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I like the newer me. I like being in control of what I put into my mouth and knowing I can eat a LOT of food, for very little calories, and that it actually tastes good.

LisaMarie, I too notice a spike, usually down, about 5 days before my weigh in day, and I will hover up again for the rest of the week. It's really like that temp drop just before ovulation, I know it's coming when I see it on the scale, I just have to stay the course. Although, this week, I saw the drop, then saw it go 4 pounds back up until this morning, looking over my fitday there was alot of sodium, so I increased water this weekend, and it was back down this am.

beautifulone
03-11-2007, 12:45 PM
My one reason for staying OP today is because I want to stop this pattern of bingeing that's begun.

Casey4
03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I think I am starting to see defined cheek-bones and I like that. :D

sharonrr
03-11-2007, 02:04 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan: I put on my size 18 jeans today(I've been in this size for a while), and I felt so good about myself. I am proud of who I see in the mirror. I'm not a size 12 yet but I know I will get there. So I'm op so I feel better about myself more and more everyday.

Dawn2Dusk
03-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm staying on plan today because today was my weigh-in day and I actually put on 0.5 lbs. I'm not depressed about it, I should have been more careful with what I ate. So I'm gonna stick to my plan. :)

royalsfan1
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm staying on plan today because the scale put me at the 20 lb mark this morning. Of course, this is unofficial until Friday but it sure is motivation!

SexyRevealed
03-11-2007, 04:25 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because after 7 weeks, I'm starting to realize that it CAN be this way forever. I don't feel deprived at all. Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes do. Slowly but surely, my new lifestyle is being defined. And I like it!

sexybrokechick
03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
The ONE reason why I'm staying on plan today is that I'm not going to let a bitter ex-friend's diatribe about me distract me from what I need to do to be healthier. I'm going to do me and he can kick rocks.

jennylou
03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm staying OP today b/c yesterday I tried on and fit into a size 18 bridesmaid dress. I liked not having to have the largest size availalbe. I want to order an even smaller size in June - a 12 or 14 would be fantastic.

rockinrobin
03-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I am staying on plan today because I AM 46 POUNDS AWAY FROM MY GOAL WEIGHT!!! 46!!!. I started out 152 pounds away and now I'm how many? - Uh huh!!!! 46!!!! I can't believe it.

kaepepper
03-12-2007, 08:40 AM
My one reason today: I want to be able to jog up the 4 flights of stairs to get to my car in the parking ramp at work, without being completely out of breath. Conversely, I want to be able to go down those steps without worrying about knee pain.

sharonrr
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I am staying on plan today because I AM 46 POUNDS AWAY FROM MY GOAL WEIGHT!!! 46!!!. I started out 152 pounds away and now I'm how many? - Uh huh!!!! 46!!!! I can't believe it.

I am staying OP today because Robin you are my inspiration and so many other 3fatchicks. Reading the support and fantastic goals that keep being reached why not stay on plan. I definitely don't have anything healthier to do.

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I am staying OP today because I want to see the 180s (at least on my home scale) next week! (192.0 this morning)

LitChick
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm staying OP today because I weighed myself this morning and lost 7.5 pounds last week - I want to keep losing!

phantastica
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Because I feel beautiful today!

Mrs Quadcrew
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is: I can do sooo much more now ~ without it hurting, and I can't wait to have even more doors open for me as I get smaller!:D

Angihas2
03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm stayng on plan today because I am so close to another 10% loss. That magical 10% that bringson so many health benefits and I am convinced that THIS time it WILL bring on a small size pants! YAY!!!

littlered
03-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi, My one reason for staying on plan.
I want to look good for the best husband in the world.
I don't want to be the biggest one of my sisters anymore. (They are all tiny! )

I want to get BACK IN my fat clothes;)

Casey4
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
because there is so much more I want to do in my life! There is so much more I want to be. :carrot:

royalsfan1
03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I have no reason not to!

LisaMarie71
03-12-2007, 11:39 AM
So many great reasons here! Robin, 46 pounds away from goal? WOW!!! It's amazing how far you've come!! :)

My ONE reason today is ONEderland, and this had BETTER be the last time I have to say that!! Tomorrow's weigh-in day, so wish me luck!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
My One reason today: Looks like we will be moving to Georgia....still praying about it. But, I don't want to meet new friends and neighbors at my current weight. I want to lose as much weight as possible before we move.

finn
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
because I didn't for the entire weekend - damn TOM.

SexyRevealed
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because, again, I really want to shop at Victoria's Secret. The girls at work are going there tomorrow, and I really wish I could buy more than body wash... ONE DAY!!!!

Slashnl
03-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Keep going Tiffany!!! You'll get there. That's a good reason to have.
I'm getting BACK on plan today because I can't let a weekend of being off plan ruin my plans. I'm going to catch up with some of you who have lost bunches of weight!!!!!

boaterswife
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh, I understand Tiffany! I can finally buy the undies there and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Hang in there, you'll be wearing them in no time!

My reason for staying on plan today is that Spring Break is this week. I feel like it is a preview of what summer will be like for me (I teach, so I'm off all summer). I need to do well this week so when summer rolls around I can look back to spring break and say, yeah, I can do that!

rockinrobin
03-13-2007, 08:16 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is that I AM 46 POUNDS AWAY FROM GOAL!!!!! Oh did I use that one already? Don't care. I AM 46 POUNDS AWAY FROM GOAL and I am SO excited!!!! And it WILL keep me on plan.

royalsfan1
03-13-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I want to have less than 100 lb to lose! hahaha Hopefully that occurs next week....but only by staying on plan will it happen.

LisaMarie71
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I feel WONDERFUL -- why would I go back to feeling miserable??

sharonrr
03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is Wednesday is weigh in day and I want to be at least 2 lbs. closer to ONEderland.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-13-2007, 10:39 AM

I WANNA BE IN ONEDERLAND WITH LISA AND ROBIN!!!:D (it's still gonna take me a while to get there - but I am plugging away!!)

NESunshine
03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I"m staying on plan today because I'm back on plan after the out of town weekend that wasn't even close to plan, and because TOM should be swinging through town any day now and I want to be prepared....and because the nice weather has happened and I want to be in ONEderland before it gets really nice!

Casey4
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
because I finally added exercise to my plan and I want to eat to enhance that.

beautifulone
03-13-2007, 11:03 AM
My one reason for staying OP today is because I want to honour myself and my weight loss by not gaining any of this weight back!

Katy05
03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm staying on plan today because when I weigh in on Friday, it'll be over 2 weeks since the last weigh in and I'm soooooo wanting to be close, if not in ONEderland!

jennylou
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm staying OP today because I want to see a loss tomorrow!

Penney
03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I am supposed to weigh-in on Saturday - and I want it to go well.

Besides that I was sick all weekend and could not eat and I got on the scales this morning and I had lost a pound. If I had to be sick and lose an entire weekend - I should at least benefit SOMEHOW! :tantrum:

GirlyGirlSebas
03-13-2007, 01:09 PM
My One reason today: Yesterday, my youngest daughter (7) and I were watching Daddy try to pull up some hedges. I was joking and said that we needed some popcorn for the show. My daughter piped up and said "Yes, some fat-free sugar-free popcorn!" Hey, she's learning! What I'm doing here is not just for myself. My girls are learning how to live a healthier lifestyle and this is a big deal!

kaepepper
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Today I'm staying on plan because I want to be proud of my body, rather than always trying to camoflauge it, hiding the areas I don't like (most everything). I want to love how clothes look on my body.

rockinrobin
03-14-2007, 08:49 AM
I am staying on plan today because I've got a renewed fire under me (if you don't believe me read my rant in the "What Inspires You to Lose Weight" thread found on this forum). I want this sooo very badly, this new better life. I am almost angry, yes angry at the way I used to live. The more I think about it the more I realize how STUPID it was to live that way. And how totally UNNECESSARY. I wasted so many years of my life - not living. Any plan, any sacrifice, any hard work, avoiding temptations, etc. is surely worth the efforts. Having a happy and healthy and active and joyful life is a big enough of a payoff for me. And I will stay on plan. I will do this.

royalsfan1
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Right now I have on (comfortably) a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 3 years. I'm staying on plan so that they're too big in a couple of weeks.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is: I read (and printed) Robin's on fire post - and it is like she wrote it for me too. I WILL DO THIS. (and I weigh in tomorrow instead of Friday)

LisaMarie71
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I love your fiery post in that thread, Robin!! I was already fired up because of all the milestones I've been hitting, but sometimes when we reach goals we can get sort of complacent and lazy about starting a new one...Your post and all the great inspiration I get from you and so many others on this board have insured that I will NOT back down from meeting my goals.

I appreciate the support I get here sooo much, so my one reason today is this: I want to be an inspiration to other people on this board, and the way to do that is to stick to my commitments.

jennylou
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm staying OP today because I want to see another loss next week like I saw today! WI day is very motivational for me. :)

Casey4
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
because everyday it is a little easier to believe in myself, my abilities, my worth and my goals. I know that staying on plan today will make tomorrow a better day. :cool:

mousetater
03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I am staying on plan today because my brother was visiting for the last couple days, and although I managed my food pretty well, I let the exercise lapse. Back on the treadmill today!

Karma27
03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I need spring and summer clothes . I won't have to buy any if I stay on plan.. I'll be able to fit into the clothes I already have that are 2 sizes too small..and most of them still have the darn tags on.
I am getting in those clothes man..:ebike: LOL ;)

SexyRevealed
03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan is because I really want to meet my goal for the first day of summer. It is in the 70's here today. It's just beautiful outside. I want to enjoy my summer!

Penney
03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
I have to stay on plan for my food and water because it hurts to much too exercise.

Slashnl
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I'm starting to feel better even with the small steps I've taken.

Oh, and I hate wearing the big jeans!!!!

sharonrr
03-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I am staying OP today because I am 8 lbs from ONEderland and next Wednesday I want to be 6 lbs from ONEderland.

beautifulone
03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
The one reason for staying OP today was because I have lost 44 lbs by staying OP and kept them off and I know that I can lose more. That's totally worth it.

WindyCityChick
03-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Because I was able to put on a size MEDIUM dress this week - holy smokes! (ok, it's a bit tight still, but it does go on and I know it will fit in a few more weeks, if I keep up with my running routine)

kaepepper
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I have want to have more energy! I feel so lethargic when I overeat or binge. I also feel so much more alive when I workout. So - that's my reason!

royalsfan1
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm on plan today because I have 4 months and 4 days until my 36th birthday....I'd LOVE to be under 200 by then! It will take 4 months and 4 days of TOTAL dedication to have a chance, though, since that is 10 pounds a month plus another 1/2 pound at some point just to shove it down below that mark. I think it's possible but only if I'm ON PLAN today!!!

jennylou
03-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm staying OP today because I am loving how the smaller me is feeling. I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling much better about it all. :)

rockinrobin
03-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I am staying on plan today because I feel lousy. Very listless and lethargic. With zero energy. I USED to feel this way all the time from overeating. I'm not exactly sure why I'm feeling this way today. But regardless of the reason, I will get through the day, hopefully I will feel better. But this is a perfect reminder to me of how I don't want to feel, especially if I am the cause. Staying on plan can only make me feel better. Better is what I want to be.

royalsfan1
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Robin, I've been feeling the same way. I don't know where you live but in talking to my husband this morning about it he said it was because my body is messed up from the time change. If you live in a state where they just did the same thing...maybe that has something to do with it? It makes sense. My body clock runs more by the light conditions...not by the clock on the wall...and according to the light conditions outside I'm getting up too early! It's still dark when I'm getting ready to head out the door to get my daughter to school!

LitChick
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
My one reason today is that I've been sick for the last couple of days and if I can resist turning to comfort food then, then I can certainly stay OP today!

LisaMarie71
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Robin, I'm sorry you're feeling rough. I've been feeling a little crappy because my allergies have been crazy lately, and I don't take medicine for it -- I just suffer -- so that's annoying (I always find that the side effects of medication are worse than the actual problem you're trying to medicate). Anyway, my one reason today is the trip I'm planning to Italy next year. Yes, it's more than a year away, so I have plenty of time, but I want to really make sure I'm at my goal by then!

Tricia, we're close in age -- I'll be 36 in December!

royalsfan1
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Lisa! Somehow I was picturing you younger than me... Now I have one more reason to be inspired by you!

Also, my entire weight loss was spawned by finding out that we're going to Italy! How funny is that?!?! We're going either in the fall of next year or the spring of '09.

Cheryl14
03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi All!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Robin and Litchick, and here's a Kleenex for you, Lisa!:clause: (It's in Santa's bag. Just ask him!)

The reason I am staying on plan today is because I LOVE seeing that line on my scale move towards the 190! :goodscale

Cheryl

Casey4
03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
it is working for me and that is a reason to celebrate! :carrot:

djs06
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I always read this thread, but I don't know if I've ever written in it.

I have a silly one:

I LOVE thrift shopping. Love, love, love it. I go with a very tiny friend and she can always walk out with bags and bags of stuff, and if I'm lucky, I can find a nice shirt for the gym or a book I've wanted to read. I want to be able to walk in and get stuff there.. it would save me soooo soooo much money and it would be so much fun to actually be able to try those silly 80s dresses on!

LisaMarie71
03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Lisa! Somehow I was picturing you younger than me... Now I have one more reason to be inspired by you!

Also, my entire weight loss was spawned by finding out that we're going to Italy! How funny is that?!?! We're going either in the fall of next year or the spring of '09.

Yay, let's just pretend I'm younger! :lol: I wouldn't mind shaving off a few years!

As for Italy, I'm not sure yet how we're going to afford it but we REALLY want to go back. We went to Italy and Greece for our 5th anniversary in 1998, and we want to go back for our 15th next year, but just to Italy this time. It was SO beautiful and wonderful! A part of me wants to go somewhere I've never been instead of going back there, but I just loved it so much. Last time, however, it was VERY hot (we went in July, and we'll be going in the summer again next year), and I had a hard time with all the walking we had to do. I did it, but it wasn't easy. This time it will be a breeze because I'm so much more fit!

beautifulone
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Lisa, Italy sounds so wonderful.

Hope everyone feels better too!

I'm having a hard time staying OP, but I am taking baby steps to it. My baby step today is because I want to get back to BEING OP. I'm where I am today because I decided to stay OP all of those other days. And I'm so glad I did. I'm so glad I'll be able to (as I imagine it) ring in summertime near/in onederland!

royalsfan1
03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Yay, let's just pretend I'm younger! :lol: I wouldn't mind shaving off a few years!

As for Italy, I'm not sure yet how we're going to afford it but we REALLY want to go back. We went to Italy and Greece for our 5th anniversary in 1998, and we want to go back for our 15th next year, but just to Italy this time. It was SO beautiful and wonderful! A part of me wants to go somewhere I've never been instead of going back there, but I just loved it so much. Last time, however, it was VERY hot (we went in July, and we'll be going in the summer again next year), and I had a hard time with all the walking we had to do. I did it, but it wasn't easy. This time it will be a breeze because I'm so much more fit!

Ok, you've just been teleported to where you were in my mind...late 20's. :D

So you're an old pro at Italy! As the time approaches I'll be sure and get some pointers from you. My husband is Italian and so we're going back to find distant relatives (distant because he and his parents were both born in the States...grandparents came on the ship). I'm also hoping to pick up some neat Italian cooking ideas! It seems like the only info you can get here in the States is all repeated over and over again. I KNOW Italian women know how to cook more than 5 things! hahaha Kidding, sort of. Mario Batali cooks more than 5 things...

Penney
03-15-2007, 10:24 PM
For Friday - the reason I am staying on plan is that I cannot do cardio for at least another week. I went to the doctor today - my lungs are still holding some fluid.

Oh - and I am weighing-in on Saturday - and I have not been able to exercise since last Friday because of the bronchitis.

I am a little nervous.........

rockinrobin
03-16-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm happy to say that I am feeling much better. In fact as the day progressed I was already on the upswing. Odd. But that does happen to me occasionally. In the old days it was every day.

Penney, I hope you are feeling 100% very, very soon.

The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is because I love watching my body shrink. I just love watching me get smaller and smaller. It is an amazing, incredible thing that we have the ability to change ourselves. Really incredible.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Penney, I hope you start feeling better soon. Rockinrobin, glad you're feeling better.

My One reason today: Because I refuse to quit this time. Yes, I am struggling to learn non-food ways of handling things in my life....but, I will be so much stronger and have learned some major lifestyle lessons if I do stick with my program. So, I choose to stick with it!

kaepepper
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
You go, Rhonda! Yes, you can do it!

My one reason today is a little superficial - I want to be too small to wear the ugly bras and underwear that I have now, so that I can buy new pretty ones.

SexyRevealed
03-16-2007, 09:56 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I can't wait to get to my final reward - a shopping spree!

jennylou
03-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm staying OP today because I love that the clothes that used to fit are getting too big and the ones that were too small are starting to fit. I can't wait to get through my entire closet and have everything too big so that I can start shopping! That will only take me through a few 16's as I cleaned out all my jeans a few years ago in a cleaning spree....

royalsfan1
03-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I've done it now for 60 days...I see no reason to break a streak.

LisaMarie71
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm staying on plan today because of the joy I heard in my mother's voice last night when I told her I was finally under 200. Not just joy, but relief. She was worried about my health for so long, and so was I. I called her and told her I broke 200 and she was just so thrilled with what I've accomplished. I haven't cried (in joy) about this stuff since I started, surprisingly, but talking to my mother made it happen! I told her I hadn't seen a 1 on the scale in about 14 or 15 years, and my voice broke when I said it. I didn't full-out cry, but I almost did! I think I need a good happy cry!

Casey4
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to say that. Everyday the reasons for staying on plan touch my heart and sometimes make me laugh. :)

My one reason for staying on plan today is because I feel too good not to.

wanna b thin
03-16-2007, 11:57 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is I feel so much better after staying on plan yesterday for the first time in several days. I've been struggling after bing out of town for a couple of weeks. I feel much better when I'm doing the things I know I should.

LisaMarie71
03-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm staying on plan today because my plan has changed me from a person who could barely move without breathing hard to a person who just ran six miles pretty comfortably.

royalsfan1
03-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I weigh in 2 short days and I want it to show. Also, I'm seeing some friends tonight that I don't see real often. NEXT time I see them I want it to be "WOW"...so I'm on plan today.

watchhershrink
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
im staying on plan today because theres a pair of size 17 junior jeans waiting for me in my dresser drawer.

SexyRevealed
03-18-2007, 01:47 AM
The one reason I'll be staying on plan tomorrow is because I screwed up today and it will not continue!!!

Gamerchick
03-18-2007, 01:59 AM
One reason I'm staying on plan today is because there's a million reasons to stay on plan.

But today's reason is because I want to take advantage of my new shrunken stomach (to see how little it takes to satisfy me).

rockinrobin
03-18-2007, 07:57 AM
I am staying on plan today because I am enjoying finding out who the "real me" is. The real me has been hidden under layers of fat for so many years. I was too uptight and self conscious about my size to ever really let go and well, just be ME.

royalsfan1
03-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I think it's becoming (dare I say it) a habit! It takes not as much thought anymore. However, I must be careful not to quit thinking!!!!

walking2lose
03-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Because I so went off it last night...

Dawn2Dusk
03-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm staying on plan because I finally lost my first 3.5 lbs! I'm on a happy high right now. :D

LisaMarie71
03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I did NOT stay on plan last night (for the first time in quite a while). I went to a party and drank a little too much and snacked WAY too much on the goodies there!

royalsfan1
03-19-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm on plan today because the scales dropped again...so now I'm 1 lb from a new avatar and 1.5 lb from my first 10% loss. I want BOTH next week...so I'm on plan, today.

rockinrobin
03-19-2007, 08:30 AM
I am staying on plan today because I'd like to get to the 170's. Very much so.

TempleBody
03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I haven't been treating myself nicely & today I'm going to.

LisaMarie71
03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Robin, you're so close to the 170s -- you'll be there soon!! I can't wait to get there -- especially since I started in the 270s.

I'm staying on plan today because I feel like I might have a bad weigh-in tomorrow. I went off plan Saturday night and I ate a few too many calories on the other days last week without actually going off plan. I kept up with my exercise, of course (I can't imagine not doing that). Today I'm back on track!

boaterswife
03-19-2007, 10:18 AM
First of all, I'm home from spring break. I stayed on plan while away and within my point range (ww), but I still know that I could have made better choices than I did. Now, for today's reason....in addition to the above....my next doctors visit is scheduled for April 17, and I so desperately want to be 160something when I step onto that scale!