Support Groups - 1lb. Down and Plenty More To Go! - March

LadyLai
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
:welcome3: to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this! :hug:

LadyLai
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey ladies, just making myself busy for the time being. Had a great "on target" day, I even managed to fit in some exercise! I'm ashamed to say but it was the first time to step on the elliptical since Jan. 26th! Yikes! Feeling good about tomorrow already!

Hope you're having a great night, see you in the A.M.!

TTFN!

GainingWeightInLa
03-01-2007, 07:32 AM
My son was dying for fried chicken last night...and potato salad. So I fried chicken...it's the only food I make that's, "Better than Grandma's." We had green beans, some healthy homemade baked french fries and a salad. The chicken was the only bad thing for us....but he deserved it! I fried it in canola oil, which is better....I'm trying to make myself feel better, I think. I really overdid it on the chicken, though. But it was a day...that's all. Today's a new day, right? Think I won't be getting on the scales today. lol There went my four lbs I lost last week. :(

Have a great day, everyone...better than I did yesterday! :)

GainingWeightInLa
03-01-2007, 07:32 AM
BTW, I didn't eat potato salad...even though it's one of my favs!!!!!!!!! One small victory among a pretty big bomb.

meowee
03-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Gang . . .

Well March is definitely being lamb-like around here. It is overcast right now but the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon. :cool: The long term forecast is predicting snow for the weekend and on and off snow for most of next week. Figures. Other than that, my day is still too young to decide if it is good or bad. Time will tell. Only thing on my agenda so far is another trip to the Vet . . . this time my friend and I are taking her 4 Chihuahua's in for their annual check-up. Next week we will take her other 4 -- 2 Yorkies, 1 Poodle, 1 Cat --Between us, I think we are paying for the Vet's next family vacation. :D

TINA . . . :hug: I think the new thread is a good idea. So glad to hear you had such a great day yesterday. I'll get the old thread locked to ensure that the others don't continue posting over there. :)

DIANA . . . :hug: Hey, you are part way there. Congrats on staying out of the potato salad. Now, for next time, just don't eat the skin on the chicken. :D Sounds easy when you say it quick, huh?

Have a great moving and shaking day, everybody. See you all later. :carrot:

RRVMMM
03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Morning ladies, how is everyone doing today? Scales stayed at 221 this morning but I kinda expected it. I stayed on target all day till late last evening. I so bad wanted my evening snack of reduced fat no sugar added ice cream and what do you know I was out. I munched on a few Doritos instead and know that they are so bad for me, sodium, fat, carbs.........UGH! I have started today with my normal oatmeal and will have a salad for lunch. I am out of chicken at home and only have ground turkey and lots of frozen veggies, anyone have any ideas on what to have for dinner?

Dianne - Congrats on the 4 pounds gone and dont worry to much about the chicken.

Linda - our weather has been kinda crazy here lately. Our temps were near 75 yesterday and today only supposed to be at 50. But I expected it to get cold again, we always have a snow storm around the middle of March.

Well better get to work. Check back later.

jtammy
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi ladies, I just wanted to get on the new thread so I can recieve notifications of new posts.

Diana, congratulations on the great weight loss this week. Don't fret over one meal of fried chicken. To gain back 4 lbs, you would need to eat 14,000 calories more than you expended. I bet that chicken didn't have more than 500 (I'm estimating really high, it probably had less). You'll be fine! Congrats for staying away from the potato salad.

Tina, I'm so glad you are back on track with both the food and the exercise. Great job! You can be back to ticker and then on to onederland in no time. Just keep on keeping on. And great job staying away from that birthday party food. You were really strong, especially since it was past dinnertime. I'm so glad the scale rewarded you for that. :)

Linda, Congratulations on the loss you reported on the old thread! I'm so sorry to hear of the upcoming surgeries. I know a longer recovery time may mean you aren't jumping around as soon as Purrecious, but you will get there!

Robbin, Darn those doritos! I hope today is a completely on plan day for you. Ground turkey and veggies, hmmm, I'll have to think about that. I'm still not sure what we are having for dinner either.

I've been home with my kids this week. They both have the flu, and Hannah also has strep throat. They are still running fever, so it looks like I'll be home again tomorrow too. I don't know how this has happened, but I have lost four lbs altogether since Sunday. I have done pretty well, but nothing extraordinary, which just proves that our bodies will do what they want to do, when they want to do it. Don't get me wrong, it "owed" it to me, but it "owed" it to me spread out over the last 2 - 3 weeks. :) I'm just glad it's finally showing up, although it would sure be a little less painful if it showed up periodically instead of leaving us high and dry for weeks, then showing up all at once. Oh well, just one of those things we can't control.

Have a great day everyone.

LadyLai
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Ladies! How are you this fine day? It's March 1st and I'm not quite sure if it's a lamb or a lion. It's -20's, fine snow but bright sunshine. What a weird day. I love the sunshine showers we got in the summer, but sunshine snow just looks odd. I holding out for a lioness effect so tomorrow I hope the lamb takes over.

My scales have remained the same this morning, but I understand I can't lose 3lbs. everyday! LOL! I've just made a Greek-style Lentil soup for lunch. Never made a lentil soup before, but I must admit I did take a little sip and it ain't half bad. Phew!

Diana, I agree..you couldn't possibly spoil a 4lb. loss with a bit of chicken. Congrats on mixing it up with healthy stuff. That's the way you get along in this journey, you make some alternative choices to allow for the good "bad" stuff sometimes. It's better to give yourself a little wiggle room rather deny yourself to the point that you have a full blown cave in someday. BTW - did I ever mention your beautiful new AV before? If not, you're gorgeous girl..Love the big smile!

Linda, I had to "LOL" literally at your comment about paying for the Vets next family vacation because really I was thinking the same. Those visits don't come cheap, especially the meds. Sorry to hear of the upcoming snow forecast...I feel for ya mostly because I've been living that one for the past week.

Robbin, doritos are such a conflicting friend of mine too. To say that I love them would be an understatement! Especially now knowing they're coming out with a Tandoori flavor...because I love Indian food just as much! MMMmmmm..curry!

Tammy, getting to Onederland is such a dream of mine that I hope I can make a reality instead of making it a distant dream, like I have been lately. Thanks for the congrats, I tell ya any small victory I'll take at this time. You are the one who inspires me to keep on keeping on. Congrats to you by the way on your body being the everlasting puzzle and dropping more pounds. It's a demon when it's fickle but it's so nice when it's generous! I gotta love the remark about your body "oweing" it to you..that's a great one!

Girls, I hate to draw attention to this..but I've moved my ticker up. No sense denying what I truly am. I screwed up and I think I oughta own up to it. In my head my ticker is still at 212, but in reality I'm gonna work my a$$ off to get back there. Hopefully this will be the final lesson and I can get past 212 and well on my way to 199!!

Hope you're having a great day!! I'm off to have a bowl of that glorious lentil soup...hehe!

TTFN!

RRVMMM
03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Good morning ladies, don't have much time cause I gotta get to work but wanted to drop in and let you all know the scales have been nice. They came down to 220 this morning and now I am only 1 pound from the ticker.

We gotta run, check back later.

LadyLai
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Gosh..quiet in here today!

Hi Robbin! Good to see you. Congrats on your scale victory. That's awesome, I bet you're feeling more motivated now. I'm pretty motivated myself, it's just the weekends upon me again and I have TWO birthday parties. One 2hrs. outta town tomorrow for my niece and one at a bowling alley for Alyssa's class mate on Sunday. I'm getting quite tired of birthday parties to say the least. It's hard to remain strong at one, but when you got so many coming atcha almost all at once it gets tiring to remain so stedfast. I'll try my hardest, I'm feeling really committed.

As for all you other wonderful ladies...HI! Hope you're all having a beautiful fat burning day! I just wanted to share I get to move my ticker down a pound today. Scales are being cooperative! That's 4lbs. down since tuesday, now that ain't so bad. Tastes a lot better than those birthday cakes I'll tell ya that!

TTFN!

meowee
03-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Happy Weekend, Gang . . . :hug:

Glad to hear about those losses, girls . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . we can all keep things moving in the great downward direction if we just keep doing as much of the good stuff as we possibly can.

Couldn't resist putting up a new Avatar this morning when this silly gopher popped up on my new calendar page. Think he came to see if his prediction from last month was proving to be true. Well, it seems to be working a bit down here. The nasty storm that Ontario and Quebec got earlier was supposed to hit us last night, but all we got was a couple of inches of snow. Yippee. Today, the sun is shining and the radio just told me we are supposed to get a high of +7C (45F) today . . . love it . . . hope it lasts.:cool:

Nothing exciting on my agenda today. Have to pick up Mouse (Mr. Grumpy) and pay another vet bill, of course. Purrecious has earned herself the nickname of Flying Squirrel . . . she is absolutely crazy. Jazz is feeling pretty good. The squirrel even got him to play with her this morning. I'm sure the arrival of the 'grump' will put a little damper on the frivolity for a couple of days. Oh well, it's his home, too. ;)

Had that wonderful, yummy Oatmeal/eggwhite/cottagecheese pancake for breakfast. Wow, if any of you have yet to try them, you really should. Soooo yummy, yummy and healthy, healthy . . . Don't think I'd ever want one of those 'real' white flour, nothing-good-about-em, pancakes again. Thanks again, Tammy. :)

Anyway, I'd better get a move on. Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend if you are too busy to stop in until next week. See you soon. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello ladies. Sorry it's beena few days...I actually typed this really long post yesterday and was about ready to post it, and accidently (w/side of my hand) shut down my computer and lost it all. I didn't have the heart to re-type it all, especially since it was a dreaded "confession" post. LOLOL Had not done well Wed. and Thur. at all. Friday was much better. Today I'm within my range, but I'm close to as high as I want to go and it's only 1:30 pm. :( I CAN DO IT THOUGH! :) Started out the day kinda rough...went "junkin'" (explain later) with my son bright and early and we always have breakfast at mcdonald's when we do that. I tried to just go in and have a coke (diet), but he refused to eat unless I did (he's eight yrs old!). My heart melted at the concern of my son (he kept saying, "Mom, you neeeeeeed to eat something! It just won't be right if you don't"). So I had 11 points while I was there. Since, I've had an additional 5. My target is 28, but given my week, I'd like to keep it down substantially from that. I don't know if I'll make it, though. I did do some housework today, though. I've had exercise...more than normal. Hopefully it'll help.

Tina, I just wanted to sincerely thank you for the nice compliment on my new pic. It made tears well up in my eyes! :) I sincerely appreciate it! Especially coming from you....can you tell we all look up to you so much? LOL

And Robbin, I'm soooo very glad that your scales are cooperating now! You sound so much like I did when I first came here. Ask Tina...I'm sure she remembers how I struggled! I gave up for a whole year, though....don't go where I went! Stay strong....It's sooooo worth is, as you already well know!

And Tammy, I am soooooooo excited for you! I feel like it's me that's only a mere 4 lbs from onederland!!! Rock on, girl! You're practically "home free!" (well, you know what I mean!!) If anyone deserves it.....YOU DO! :) :) :)

Well, all....must go. Much to do. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as we've just (15 minutes ago) been invited to a crawfish boil tomorrow at 2 PM. I'm gonna try to go there with a plan of what I'm going to eat. I WILL BE GOOD! I WILL BE GOOD! I WILL BE GOOD!!

Cheryl120
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi Ladies...Sorry I have been MIA again. I've been in hibernation mode since Wednesday with the nasty weather we have had. Needless to say, I'm sick to death of snow!!! It started snowing hard since Wednesday morning and never stopped till yesterday Thursday and Friday we had blizzard conditions, so we have drifts in our yard over 6' high, can't get out of our yard and it looks like it will be Monday before the grater get the road clear.

I haven't been watching what I eat till today, nor writting it down, so the scales I know will not show a loss for this week unless I get my act together real fast.
Suffering a case of CABIN FEVER!!! I so badly want to go to town and can't get there!!!

Congrats Tina, Diane and Tammy for your losses this week. Great job girls!!!

I try to make it back here tomorrow.

Cheryl

GainingWeightInLa
03-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Just a quick post to say I stayed on target yesterday...below, even. I went to bed (terribly hungry) at 21 points....my target is 28. Yay! This morning I have a pretty bad headache because I'm so hungry. I've had 2 points in muffins so far...still hungry. I'm swearing off McDonald's....until I go junkin' again! lol McDonald's is truly an evil, evil place!!!

TOM is slowly creeping up on me too (he can't decide if he wants to stay or not).

Gettin' ready for church....good luck today girls!

jtammy
03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi ladies,

Iím sitting here enjoying my day off. Both kids are recovered from the flu and will be able to go back to school tomorrow. So itís back to work for me. As much as I enjoy NOT going to work, I will be glad to get back in my routine. We went to the bookstore last night and I bought a new book called ďThe Body Sculpting Bible for WomenĒ. Some of the ladies in the Ladies who life thread recommended it to use to begin weight training. Iíve dabbled in it some over the last few months, but now Iím ready to get serious. I also bought a set of 10 and 15 lb dumbbells, as I have outgrown my 5 lb ones on some of the exercises. Anyway, Iím excited to start something new today.

Robbin, Iím glad to hear that your scales have been nice to you. Keep going, youíve made such great progress since you started.

Tina, Iím sending you some :dust: for your birthday parties. I hope you were able to stay strong at both of them. One is hard enough, but twoÖ Iím so glad to here that the scales went down again for you.

Linda, Cute avatar. Did your sunny weather hold? We have had some pretty days this weekend. Which we needed after all of the thunderstorms and tornadoes that came through last week. Iím having pancakes this morning too. They were Ileneís recipe, Iím just passing it around since it was so good. :D

Diana, If you were below your points yesterday, you must have been very, very good at the crawfish boil last night. You must have planned what you were going to eat very well. Thatís a great way to stay on track when youíre eating out. Donít forget to go to McDonaldís website to see what you could have there the next time you go junkiní.

Hi Cheryl, I hope you are managing to stay sane while being trapped inside. :dizzy: I hope youíre back on track with your eating today. It sounded like you were. Being trapped inside would make me more liable to cheat. Stay strong.

I hope you all have a great week.

LadyLai
03-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey ladies...just popping in to say..ONE birthday party down and ONE more to go. I had a safe trip with beautiful driving conditions. 4 hours in a vehicle was challenging enough as well. I'm a terrible snacker wanna be while driving because I'm so bored. But I brought a bottle of water and stuck to it. And yesterday I prepared myself, I went to Subway and bought a 6" chicken sub to eat while everyone else around was eating pizza!! Woo HOO! To top it off I did some skating for exercise (haven't been on skates in 12yrs. or more)!! That in itself is a "laugh out loud" moment. hehehe! I'll be back for personals tomorrow!!

TTFN!

RRVMMM
03-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Good Monday Morning ladies. Well I hope it is for all of you anyway. First off thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement I felt really good Friday seeing the scales down and again on Saturday when they said 219. I stayed pretty much on track with food over the weekend only 1 sligltly outta wack meal and a couple of Bacardi coolers Saturday Night. Done lots and lots of outdoor work on Sunday and was just so sure the scales would be down today after that great weekend. Yeah right, scales said 225 today. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN????????? The only thing I can figure I did wrong was I did not get anywhere near my normal water intake. :?: :( :mad: :cry: :shrug: :stress: :tantrum: :censored: :headache: :no: :yikes: Need I say more?

meowee
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Gang . . . :hug: . . . Happy Monday Morning. Hope the weekend was decent for everybody. Mine was fairly busy. Cats are all fine although a little crazy.

Nothing too new here today. Sun is shining, but temps have dropped back down to 'seasonal' and we did get about an inch more snow overnight. Got thinking about the sodium count in cottage cheese and decided to try that protein pancake with LF plain yogurt instead of the CC this morning. Well, it definitely works just fine but tastes like it is missing something . . . salt, maybe? :lol3: Think I'll stick with the tried and true :yes:

Have a good one girls. Keep moving and shaking and slugging back the water. See you soon. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone! Tammy, I think I goofed in my posts....crawfish boil was yesterday....I stayed on target (below) on Saturday. Not sure if I did good or not yesterday at the boil. I didn't keep up with my actual points, just tried to do pretty well. I did have a piece of cake and a piece of pie while there, but I only ate probably a cup of crawfosh, 2 small boiled potatoes, one piece of cut corn on the cob (not a full ear), and a salad with fat free catalina dressing (I brought it! lol) Besides that, all I had to eat before the boil yesterday was a small cup of chili from Wendy's. It sounds like a lot...and I may have gone slightly over, but didn't really feel like I did. Besides, I literally starved Friday and Saturday! lol I'm not really feeling like I'm going to have a loss this week...between the sodium at the boil, my two days I really splurged, plus TOM, the odds are pretty well stacked against me. Plus, I too have not been getting in all my drinking. If I can maintain this week, I feel pretty good that I'll see a loss next week. For once, I think I'm not worried about it. I think it'll all even out.

Tina, sounds like you did an awesome job at your parties! Great job! I'm sure it'll pay off. :)

Robbin, don't stress....if you're doing good, it'll pay off for you as well. You're kinda stuck at the exact same place on the scales I am. lol Will we ever get out of the low 220's??? WE WILL!! Stay on track with me....let's get outta there together!! :)

We're about to go fishing...kids are outta school for a long weekend (they're calling it spring break). Hubby took day off and we're going to have some spring fun! Good luck this week everyone! I'll BBL!

LadyLai
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Good day all! Well, I survived the weekend chauked with birthday parties with a slight loss....1/2lb. LOL! To me this is a HUGE victory because weekends are so hard for me nevertheless ones with birthday parties! Yay! So, in honor of my good behavior I'm changing my ticker, but please know I am 1/2lb. more than recorded...just I gotta see that number drop. hehehe!

Linda, you seem to be fighting to get Spring in as much as I am. I drove 180kms to my sister's house where it was +8/9 and water running everywhere. They barely had any snow, it was so rejuvenating. Then on the way back home I could watch the temp dip back down to -15!! I was so depressed...boo hoo! Come on Spring already!!

Diana, given the situation you were in I'd say you done really well. I wouldn't feel to bad at all. Good girl! And you're welcome for the compliment! I'm a little blown away at your reaction though..."especially you"...I'm just little ol' me, nobody in particular. Why'd you look up to me is beyond me because I've been such a struggler lately. May I ask now..what is "junkin"?? LOL

Cheryl, HI girl! I hear ya, I'm sick of snow too! This has been an especially long winter! Try not to let it get to you. Just keep thinking of the summer and the "want" to buy more new cute stuff for motivation.

Tammy, the only weight training I've done so far is on the weight and sculpting segment on my Biggest Loser dvd. I really enjoy it actually, far more than cardio that's for sure! Thanks for the Will Power dust, it truly helped! Would you mind posting your pancake recipe that you and Linda are enjoying?

Oh Robbin, I'm sorry to hear your scale up roar. I know exactly how you feel, frustration being key. You gotta know you haven't consumed enough calories to make you actually gain that much in one weekend, especially since you've been good at least 80% of the time. Chug your water and keep at it. I'm sure with all that yard work and probably using muscle you haven't in a while they may be retaining water.

Well, I gotta get some lunch. Have a great day!
TTFN!

jelynn
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey ladies-
I've been meaning to post for ages, but haven't. I have no good excuse so I won't even try. (well, one week was computer issues and one week was sick kids, but that's all I got, lol).
I've been having a heck of a time getting back into a groove! I'll exercise once one week and none the next. It's *not* been pretty and the scales have been creeping up. This morning the scale said 221.4 and I about died! it's been fluctuating between 215-219 for a couple weeks, but I am *not* doing the 220s again! LOL
So I'm recommitting here...again. I totally know what I have to do. Eat less and exercise more. It's not rocket science. So this week I am aiming for 4x on the treadmill (2.5 miles per session) and eating all meals at home.
It's a start. Again. :p

Cheryl120
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Ladies...I had a nice long post all typed out and then I lost it.:mad: :tantrum: :censored: :tantrum:

Tammy...I made a double batch of the protein pancakes this morning....They are WONDERFUL!!! I will never use pancake mix again. I figured it out that they are 2 points for 2 pancakes.

Linda...Looks like you and I are having the same weather. I was so happy to see the sun shining today and it felt like 40, but it was only 1 degree.

Robbin...Sorry the scale is being tough on you. I know you will see it start to move downward real soon. Before you know it, you will be in onederland.

Diane...I finally got my act together yesterday and today and started writting what I eat and keeping track of my points. If you haven't tried Tammy's pancakes recipe, DO. They are so good and I heated up 1/4 c sugar free syrup and 1 cup blueberries. to go over it.:drool: Crawfish sound so yummy, it has been a long time since I have had some. Makes me drool just thinking about it!

Emily...Nice to see you back and glad to hear the kids are over the flu. It certainly has made it's round this year.

Tina...I'm hanging in there and can't wait for spring and the geese to come back, then I know spring has arrived. The idea of new clothes sounds nice. I'm hoping to buy a few new outfits for my trip out west in May, and I'm hoping for one size smaller.

Have a good evening.

Cheryl

jtammy
03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi ladies, Just a quick post to say hello.

Robbin, :hug: Those $%*! scales. I hope you get some helpful suggestions for things to try to break your plateau. Be sure to chug that water today.

Linda, Does cottage cheese have a lot of sodium? I havenít paid any attention to that. Did the yogurt ďbrownĒ like the cottage cheese? I had to laugh when you figured out what it was missing, the salt. :rofl:

Diana, Well it still sounds like you did great at the crawfish boil None of the meal sounds very high calorie, maybe the dessert, but I bet it wasnít too bad considering how little you ate before then. Maybe high sodium (from the boil), but keep chugging that water. I hope you and your kids have a great day today. Do you not get a full week for spring break?

Yay Tina. Girl I would absolutely change that ticker too. Congrats on staying strong over the weekend! Good heavens! You girls up north must be so sick of winter by the time spring finally comes along. I had no idea you were still below zero. The protein pancake recipe came from Ilene in the maintainers or ladies who lift section, I think. It is 1/3 cup non or lowfat cottage cheese, 1/3 c egg whites, 1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal, with a little splenda and vanilla flavoring. Combine them (I use the food processor). I think Ileneís instructions said you could use a mixer. Cook just like you would cook regular pancakes. The recipe makes about 3 pancakes. For those 3 pancakes, itís only 190 calories, 2 grams fat, 20 grams carb of which 3 are fiber, and 22 grams protein. While the pancakes are cooking, I put some sugar free syrup in a small saucepan and simmer with some frozen blueberries or blackberries. Itís delicious.

Emily, Iím glad to see you back. I had wondered where you were. You are so right. This is not rocket science; we just have to do it. Good luck staying on track. You can do it!

Cheryl, Donít you hate losing those posts. Iíve started typing my posts in Word and then cutting and pasting them into 3FC. At least Iím less likely to lose a post. Iím glad you are enjoying the pancakes too. Arenít they nice, low calorie comfort foods on these cold mornings?

Nothing new to report. Scales were up to 208 this morning, but Iíve been eating well and exercising heavier than usual. Everyone says that your muscles hold water when you first start weight lifting, so Iím not going to be concerned about the increase at this point. Although I would love to be going closer to 199, not further from it. TTYL.

meowee
03-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Good Morning Chickies . . .

OMG, I am getting so sick of Winter. Compared to other years, this really hasn't been a bad one, but it is getting sooooo tiresome. We are having snow again this morning and the schools are cancelled and the radio is telling me the roads are bad. :mad: I'm supposed to go to the hospital for a bunch of pre-op tests at noon, but think I'm going to try to reschedule. Should be okay since I've got about 3 weeks before the surgery date. I've become really 'wuzzy' about driving in bad weather since I retired. Got enough of it when I was still working to last a lifetime, thanks anyway . . . now I avoid going out in this garbage whenever I possibly can. :D

DIANA :hug: . . . You definitely have your act together girl. Perfect every instant of every day is not where it's at. In the overall scheme of things, you just do the best you can and don't let a little 'bump' derail you.

TINA :hug: . . . Good for you. I know your weekends are tough. Keep it going, girl.

EMILY :hug: . . . So glad to see you back with us and back on track. You can do it, Chickie. Just one more speed-bump on the long winding road and now you are over it.

CHERYL :hug: . . . our Harbingers of Spring are the Cormorants (mid-size, black water birds, related to the pelican) although I think they go by the calendar because we always seem to have at least one snow storm after they arrive. We don't see any of them until usually the beginning of April, so we are still a long way from spring down here. :(

TAMMY :hug: . . . The yogurt version worked perfectly in every way, except taste, browned up just fine and was actually a little easier to mix because the yogurt, of course, is smooth to begin with. I use my hand blender, BTW. Might try them with one of the FF/NSA fruited yogurts and see if the fruit compensates for the lack of salt. I refuse to add salt to stuff. Seems rather self-defeating. Yes, CC has a pretty high sodium content, but it is still a good quality, low calorie protein - I'm mean it's not like eating salty chips, or something. :D

Well, guess I'd better go have my shower while I ponder the road conditions for a little longer . . . Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day. Keep doing the good stuff as much as you possibly can. See you later. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Well ladies, yesterday was a good point day, I think. My only goof up was a piece of deer sausage that my cousin-in-law insisted (although not too insistently...she didn't have to be too insistent) that I eat. It was delicious. We went fishing...caught nothing. I think it's still too cold, although it hit nearly 70 yesterday????? Maybe the fish are dieting too. lol

Tina, I look up to you because of your wonderful success, committment, and mostly your encouraging words! I know I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all that you do! :) We love ya!

Tammy (and everyone else who has no clue what junkin' is...lol)--just a redneck word for goin' to garage sales. :) I LOVE IT! My kiddos are gettin' their week out for spring break during what they're calling "easter break"....they only got two days (Fri. and Mon.) for "spring break." It's crazy. Good ole Louisiana public school system. Gotta love 'em....NOT. lol

Weigh In today.....not lookin' for a loss...hopefully will be surprised, but I doubt it. :( Next week will be a better week.....and I was sooo pumped after my 4 lb loss last week. LOL Ya gotta have a good attitude about though...or try anyway. I think I'm rambling now...I'll be quiet. Hope everyone has a great day~!!

RRVMMM
03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello there ladies, how is everyone today? I am doing a bit better than yesterday but still not great. The scales came down 2 pounds to 223 but man that is still way up from Saturdays 219. I have done great on food today, I just need to find the time to fit that exercise in.

Linda Ė I am so glad our temps are up and there has been no more snow. I am so ready for spring. I canít wait to get outside and do some yard work.

Dianne Ė Do you think a challenge would help us get the numbers moving again?

Tina Ė Congrats on the party willpower and dropping instead of gaining.

Emily Ė I have learned that no matter what I do, to not stop coming here to these awesome ladies who help me through everything. We are here for you even when you have fallen off track we will be here to encourage you to get back on.

Cheryl Ė I have learned to use notepad or word to type my posts in as I am reading what you ladies post, then I copy and past into 3FC then submit, if 3FC messes up and looses my post I still have it on the notepad/word and can just recopy and paste.

Tammy Ė Most of the suggestions I got for breaking the plateau was to quit going off track for the weekends. Guess I am gonna have to try it.

Well better get back to work.

GainingWeightInLa
03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Girls, I feel like I've bombed today...just because of sodium, though. I've had 1/2 of a small (half of a normal sized) muffin...it's a good for you muffin. 1 muffin is 1 point, so 1/2 of a point. I ate a whole bag of popcorn (sodium!!), 1 serving of fat free bbq chips (sodium), and 2 servings of pretzels (sodium). I usually just snack during the day on weigh in day. I hope I haven't jeopardized myself with the sodium, although I've been drinking a lot today. We'll see...my scales are showing a slight gain, though, from last week. Hubby is with me this week that I should use my no-weigh in pass. I dunno....I may just suck up and take it like the plus-sized girl that I am. I KNOW next week will be better...it probably has a lot to do with TOM being in it's second day...UGH! I HATE IT!

Can anyone tell I'm having TOM-related mood swings today? I feel like a different person than I did just this morning. :(

Robbin, what do you think of a challenge? I think it sounds like a good way for one of us to end up discouraged.... :( I don't wanna be that one...and I don't want you to be either. Together???

meowee
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow . . . what a difference a day or to makes . . . it is sooooo cold (-21C/-6F) this morning; those hairy frogs are shivering in their boots. At least the sun is shining. :cool:

Hard to believe that we are going to "Spring Forward" this weekend. Around here, I think we will have to call it "Slippy-Slidey Forward" or "Snowboard Forward" or something along those lines. :dizzy: Hey, better weather will eventually put in an appearance . . . happens every year . . . sooner or later. :)

Nothing too much else is new . . . the FFM took another pound away this morning . . . so definitely no complaint about that. BGL is up a little, but still within normal limits. Planning for a good OP day.

Hope the rest of you have great moving and shaking days, too. See you soon. :carrot:

RRVMMM
03-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Morning Ladies, hope everyone is haveing a beautiful day. Scales were down another 2 pounds this morning at 221 so only 2 pounds from ticker. YAY!

Dianne - When I say challgenge I do not mean a contest. I mean more of something like I challenge us to drink at least 64 ounces of water every day for the next 7 days or to exercise no less than 15 minutes every day for the week. Just something to report that we did do what we were supposed to do for that day, to see if we can get the scales to move. Not a challenge to see who can loose first. I would never never never never do that.

Linda - sorry to hear you are still haveing cold weather, I will try to send some of our 70 degree days to you. It has been wonderful here.

Well better get to work ladies, I will check back soon.

anajjana
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted but I've been working really hard!!!

No, I have not fallen off, actually I've managed to stay on for quite some time now.:)

I have finally made to the 20's:carrot: I got on the scale this morning and I now weigh 209!! I have been trying to make it back here every since I left!!! It feels great and I am vowing to never go back!!!:D

I could not have done it without the support of all of you!!:hug:

Thank you all so much!! You are all wonderful!!!:hug:

jtammy
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi ladies,

We are having glorious 70 degree days this week. This is the kind of weather that makes you glad to live in the Deep South. Itís the summer (which lasts from April Ė October) thatís so miserably hot. :) I hope it holds out for the weekend.

Diana, If you chose to weigh-in yesterday, I hope it went well. TOM is such a hard time to have to weigh. :hug: No matter what it shows just remember that you have already lost 17 pounds! You are doing great and next week you will be a loser (in a good way of course).

Robbin, Yay that the scales are going back down. Keep it up, keep it up, I know you can get to where you want to be. I am all for a challenge as you suggested. Like you said, doing things we can control. I participate in the monthly challenge in the 100 lb club forum. Everyone sets their own goals for water, food and exercise. If you hit your goal, you get one point for exercise, one for water, and two for food each day. Just an idea.

Linda, Congrats on getting rid of that pound!!! :cheer: :cheer: You have done so well the last few weeks! Stay warm.

Jus, Congratulations on getting to a new decade: the 200s. Just 10 pounds away from onederland. :carrot:

Scale is still up, but my muscles are still very sore. Tomorrow is another weight lifting day. I wonder how long I will retain water from the lifting :?:

TTYL

anajjana
03-07-2007, 04:10 PM
OMG I know!!!:p

It has been so long since I've been in wonderland that with it being just around the corner it seem's like it's a dream!!!:carrot:

It's amazing!!:dizzy:

I can't wait until I finally make it there!

I am really going to walk my booty off to get these last 10 pounds off!!!!:running:

GainingWeightInLa
03-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Well ladies, I'm happy to announce that even w/TOM, a crawfish boil, a couple of splurge days....I still managed a 0.4 lb decrease! I was totallllllllllllly shocked! I've been off track since I weighed in yesterday evening. Not totally, but somewhat. I've had (today) 2 points for breakfast, a 6 point meal from Applebee's plus a couple of mozzarella sticks and now a 2 point ice cream bar. I'm not over budget, I don't think...but close. I don't know what's wrong with me. :( Maybe hormonal TOM junk? Who knows. I only ate the ice cream because my husband ate one...I wasn't even hungry. Why do we do that? It makes no sense at all....it's like I'm not even really thinking when I do it. Oh, I also ate a couple of my daughter's french fries from applebees....maybe 5 of them. I still have almost a whole week til next weigh in though...not gonna stress about a 24 hour period of time. I just gotta keep control for the next 6 days.

My 8 yr old called to be checked out from school today. High temp, achy all over, stomach ache......flu maybe? Dunno.....may be in the DR. office tomorrow.

Tammy, I see I'm not the only one thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous weather we're having! Enjoy it while it lasts...like you said, summer will be here with a vengeance in just a couple months. :( Is it just me or have you noticed that the lighter you get the more bearable the heat gets? I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I'll be actually enjoying the heat....as much as you can, anyway. ::rolling eyes:: As you see, I didchoose to weigh in yesterday. It wasn't because I wanted to. I was glad I did, though....the loss (no matter how microscopic) was a pleasant surprise. :) I'm glad I saved my "no weigh in" pass.....at the rate I'm going, I'll need it next week! LOL Just kiddin'.....I'll have it together tomorrow, I hope!

Have a great evening, ladies. Gotta go figure out my family's supper....I'll be having lettuce, I think! LOL :)

Cheryl120
03-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Ladies...Busy couple of days with appointments. Dentist yesterday and no cavities, so that's a good thing.:D Friday, I see the eye doctor. I have a growth that poped up on my lower eyelid. Looks like a big water blister and I just want to pop it, but won't. I hope it's painless to get it taken care of.

Diana...Yea for your .4 loss. I used my pass today, but I am back on track with my eating. Only used 28 points today and got all my water in. Going to work my butt off to get 10 lbs gone by the end of the month.

Tammy...70! I can only wish. We are suppose to be in the 40's by the weekend. I sure hope it happens.:D

Tonight, I made Mock Mashed Potatoes out of cauliflower. They were pretty good and only 1 point per serving. My hubby hates cauliflower and wasn't too happy that I tried to sneek them on him.:rofl: He was busy spitting his out in the sink. I didn't think it tasted like cauliflower at all.

Have a good evening.

Cheryl

LadyLai
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Evening ladies! Hope you all had a fine day. I've been kept busy and not home much. I'm going to be out the majority of the day tomorrow too. I'm taking Alyssa skating again. It's such a fun form of exercise that I'm taking advantage of since I'm forced to endure winter this long. Funny thing, I would have never fathomed the idea of getting on skates if I still had the weight on...I'm so glad I have lost what I have lost to be able to enjoy such outings with my daughter. I had such a laugh at her though speaking of weight and skating. I bought a pair of Jamie Sale and David Peltier skates (Canadian figure skating champions) and on the box of course is their picture in a wonderful figure skating pose. Alyssa said, "mom that looks like you..." and I said really thinking what a wonderful compliment! Only to be followed by, "well, only if you lost more weight though...". Good greif, the honesty of children sure is just that..H-O-N-E-s-T! Just can't quite picture myself in one of those costumes myself! hahaha!

Emily, hey girl! Good to see you! Recommittment is nobody's stranger around here. Glad you made it back and making a fresh start. So what if it's again...I couldn't count how many I've had! LOL!

Cheryl, nothing like motivation like new clothes shopping for a trip. I'm sure you'll make that size smaller by May. Had a literal "LOL" moment at your hubbys expense...that was too good! :D

Tammy, thanks for the recipe. I'm really looking forward to making them. And yes, I am quite sick of winter. The thing that really is getting to me is that this is the longest winter we've had in years. We've been pretty much having mild winters with not a lot of snow for the past few years and I guess I've become accustomed to it. Silly me! What was I thinking?? LOL! I've heard about muscle retaining...I was just telling Robbin about that infact. I'm sure once your body settles into your new routine you'll be back to where you were and continue right on into ONE-derland!! Yay!

Linda, woo Hoo for the fairy fat mother! Her visits could never be too many!

Diana, well...wonders never cease hey girl?! Good for you and congrats on the loss. No matter how small it may be, it's still a step in the right direction! TOM throws me so off kilter too. It turns me into insane cookie monster, sodium stalker and what ever else isn't good for weight loser. Hang in there girl!

Robbin, congrats on getting some where with your scale. That's the way to do it! You're toughing it out is so inspiring. Nobody could ever fault you for feeling so frustrated and yet you still keep on ticking. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for!

Jus, glad to hear that you are still going strong and not fallen' outta the game! Good going! Congrats on breaking into the 20's! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see that 2-0-9 myself!

Have a great night all!
TTFN!

ELEM-PGF
03-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey ladies, long time no see! :carrot:

No way i could catch up on everything i missed so if it is okay i am just going to jump back in from here.

I have had several weeks of ups and downs and lots of changes going on. All good stuff now and glad it is over and i can begin moving on from here! Yes please note ticker is down! I hvae had a recent drop that i really can not explain fully other than my body finally decided to kick in again and i have really been eating much less carbs than i was. This is the lowest i have been in years and i am nervous about getting past it, but i am going to just keep at things and see where they go!

I have to run for now, but i pray that today is a wonderful day for all of you and regardless of what goes in your mouth your heart remains happy!:hug:

ELEM-PGF
03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, had a few extra minutes this morning after getting my daughter off to school and wanted to add some to my post this morning.

I am making a few commitments to myself and wanted to share them so ya'll can call me on it when/if I start to falter.

1. Ticker will be changed one day a week, (friday's) and will reflect my true weight on that day regardless of what the change is. I think living in the land of denial is what got me so far off track.

2. I will remain positive at all times, well at least most of the time. I have realized I have a very negative critical nature and am working hard on changing that.

3. I will make exercise a priority, including involving my kids in what I do or doing what they want to do. I saw that Tina has been skating and reminded me that i got rollerskates for the kids and me when i was at my highest a year and 3 months ago and still have not learned to skate on them. So before the summer is up I want to be rolling away! (I do have to mention here that i had a bladder procedure done and wont be able to really exercise until i go back to the Dr. on the 26th of March.)

So guys help me stay on track and remind me of what i just said when i want to be a blob and whine about what is wrong with everything around me!

Well going to try to find my office now, lots of papers pushed to the side have now started falling into the middle!

meowee
03-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Morning . . . Wow, it was nice and busy around here yesterday . . . let's keep things moving, girls.

The morning is beautiful and sunny, but cold -- not as bad as yesterday; however. I know Spring will eventually get here, but it does seem to be taking it's own sweet time about it. I so envy all you Southerners your nice weather . . . please send some this way. Although, I know I will be singing a different song come the doldrums of Summer. :o

Nothing too exciting planned for me today . . . another run to the Vet's . . . between my 3 cats and my friends 7 dogs and 1 cat (my friend doesn't drive); taking 'something' to the vet is becoming a regular part of my routine. :dizzy: Will probably also do a mall crawl (counts as extra exercise, you know). Little shopping expeditions are getting to be much more fun as I get lighter. ;)

ROBBIN :hug: . . . JUSJ :hug: . . . DIANA :hug: . . . ELEM :hug: . . . Big congratulations for all your nice losses. It's so wonderful to see everybody heading in the great downward direction. Yippee. :carrot:

Also great that you are back with us ELEM and so totally recommited to the journey. :) Hope the rest of your family manage to avoid that flu, ROBBIN. It's especially yucky to get sick when the weather is soooo nice. :)

TAMMY :hug: . . . Those aches will pay off in the end. It's not just weight work that causes it, it seems any major increase in exercise, no matter what the type, makes my muscles retain for a couple of days.

TINA :hug: . . . Oh Wow, two of the best NSV's imaginable. Being able to do more stuff with your DD and receiving a compliment like that from a child. Wonderful.

CHERYL :hug: . . .Hope the eye problem proves to be just minor. You DH and his feelings about cauliflower (something I love, BTW) reminded me of my run-in with Root Beer, I can understand how he felt . . .

I cannot stand Root Beer . . . it just makes me gag. A few years ago, I was at a favourite Pizza Hut with friends and asked for my usual Diet Coke. Thought they had brought me RB by mistake, so I sent it back . . . about 3 times. Turned out somebody had got the hoses crossed, but that was quite a while before and they couldn't understand that I could still taste the difference because they figured it had definitely cleared itself out by then. If you do not like something to that extent, you really notice it, I guess. . . I ended up drinking gingerale. :o

Anyway, girls, keep things moving and shaking today. See you soon. :carrot:

RRVMMM
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Just a quick drop in to let you all know the scales hung out at 221 overnight, at least they were not up. I am swampped with work today and won't really get a chance to get back here, so hope to be here tomorrow.

:D

GainingWeightInLa
03-08-2007, 09:03 PM
WOW, Linda, I thought I was the only one on the face of the earth that the root beer thing ever happened to. I can definitely tell when those hoses get crossed....I despise root beer!! LOL

I, too am having more fun shopping these days...although I've hit a plateau. I call it a plateau, but I know I'm just not doin what it takes for my body to lose. It's no one's fault by my own. My motivation seems to have left me...I've actually toyed today with the idea of just "taking a break." Hubby is 15 lbs from his goal. I'm much, much further....my first goal is 170. I'm a little over 50 lbs from that....then I'm sure once I get there I'll want to go even lower. I'm really, REALLY discouraged today for some reason. And again, I know my non-loss is a result of my choices, not my stubborn body just not listening. I'm not getting my veges in, not drinking enough, eating too much junk (although it's not necessarily bad for you junk), not eating enough good for me stuff....just generally eating too much. No one can change it except for me. I've just about lost my want to. It's easier to live "the other way."--My goodness, I can't believe that just came out of my mouth (or from my brain to my fingers, rather). Girls, I need lots of motivation, lots of encouragement....really, I think I need stern-ness! I need some things to think about, I think. I dunno really what it is that I need. My husband was shocked when I told him I was considering taking a break. He thought I was really, really motivated....and I had been....but it's fading....quickly.

Sorry I've been a downer tonight. Anything you all can offer (quickly!! --sorry to seem so demanding) would be greatly appreciated. :) I think I'm dwindling quickly....

jtammy
03-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Diana, I don't know whether to give you a :hug: or a :kickbutt:, so I'll give you both. If you quit right now, you aren't going to be closer to your goals. You have to keep on. If you quit, next year at this time, you will be in the same place you are right now, if you're lucky. If you're like most women in north america, in that year, you will have gained 5 - 10 lbs. You don't want to be there. If you stick with it, in that same year, you could be at your goal.

I understand where you're coming from about not being motivated. Motivation, schmotivation, it doesn't matter. You have to commit yourself to doing what's good for you. Don't depend on motivation to get you through the rough days, because after a year and a half of dieting, I can guarantee you that motivation will come and go quickly. But knowing that you are committed to being the healthiest, happiest you that you can be stays with you.

Is it really easier to be overweight and to live "the other way"? For me it's not. Worrying about whether I would fit in the booth at a restaurant, worrying about what my kids friends said to them and to their other friends about me, being ashamed of weighing at the doctor's office to the extent of going 10 years without seeing a doctor, cringing at the thought of having to ask for a seatbelt extender on the airplane, wondering what people thought of the fat lady with her grocery cart full of foods. It wasn't easy at all. Now I don't think you were ever anywhere near as heavy as I was, so lots of those things may not apply to you. But being obese/overweight isn't easy for any of us. And even though losing weight isn't easy, it is sure worth it.

I hope you feel differently after a good night's sleep. From what you've written, I have the feeling you are at a crucial point. You are at the point where you can forgive yourself for going off plan and move on, or you can say, screw it, I'm too far off track to get back on. Believe me, you are never too far off track to get back on track. Don't let a bad day or two throw you off course. Get right back on. I swear to you that that is the most important advise I can give you. Get back on track your next meal. Don't let a lapse turn into a relapse. :hug: :hug: :hug:

jelynn
03-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey ladies-
Thanks for that great post, Tammy. I know you were speaking to Diana, but it was great :)
I've had a decent week. I feel back on track so that's something. I had 3 days in a row of good exercise and took today off. Tomorrow I am going to Calgary with 3 girlfriends and will be walking *all* day I'm sure. We are spending the night too. Should be fun!
The scale has come down to 217 so I am feeling better about things. I am committed!!

meowee
03-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi Girls . . . wakey, wakey . . . it's morning and the sun is shining - at least here in Atlantic Canada it is - but it is definitely another cold one . . . temp is -19C (-2F) and with the windchill, it's -31C (-24). Really wish I didn't have to go out. Oh well. Sunny and cold is definitely better than cloudy and cold, I guess. :cool:

DIANA :hug: . . . Hang in there, chickie. I know it's hard. Don't think I can give you a dose of motivation . . . how about a threat? Get your act together, girl or I'll come down there and force feed you Root Beer. ;)

TAMMY :hug: . . . Agree, Agree, Agree. Sometimes you just have to force yourself through the tough times. You are such a perfect example of how worth-it it can really be. I too have had those 'restaurant-booth' and 'aircraft-seat-belt' moments and more recently than you since I'm only just getting past them; and I DO NOT want them back and that thought helps me through the tough times, too.

JELYNN :hug: . . . Yippee, congratulations on your great week and your continuing commitment. Have a great trip and we'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Hey, girl . . . we have a great new Sticky for Canadians in the Support Groups Forum . . . hope you will find some time to jump on over to visit with us in there. Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341

Since I've been having some boredom issues myself . . . the kind that make it difficult to stay OP all the time . . . I decided to switch-up my plan a little. Not actually making any big changes to what I'm eating (having Diabetes precludes trying anything too radical), just instead of tracking those CDA exchanges, I decided to start tracking and recording the actual macro nutrients -- Fat, Carbs, Fibre, Protein. Only been doing it for a couple of days, but just because it's a little different, it seems to be giving me that :kickbutt: in the resolve that I needed right now. My goals are 50 grams of Fat; 200 grams of Carb; 40 grams of Fibre; 100 grams of Protein - which works out to be 1650 calories.

Anyway, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day doing the good stuff. See you soon. :carrot:

anajjana
03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

TGIF:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Diana - I've got one thing to say to you and that is that be very happy that you are having fun shopping!!! I can't go shopping!! It would be a shame:sssh: for me to go shopping!! I have so many clothes in my closet that I am just 10-15 pounds away from getting into that I don't need to go shopping!:( I just need to push my big tush harder:wl: to get these last 30 pounds off so I can get into every single piece of clothing I have in my closet. Then let's not add the fact that I'm such a wimp:bb: I can't even try them on to see how close I am because if they are still to tight then I'll really get discouraged and the "what am I even trying for":stress: will start rolling in my head. So I think your doing great girl!!:bravo: Keep up the good work!!!:cb:

Well the scale stayed the same yesterday morning and this morning but I have lost another inch around my waist!!!!!

I hope you ladies have wonderful Friday!!!

RRVMMM
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey ladies, sorry for this but just another quick run through for me, I am so swampped here at work and can not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been very very very on track all week and watched the scales drop down to 221 as of yesterday, this morning they did a turn around and went back up to 223. I have no clue why and quite aggrivated with it. I suppose it is about time for TOM to show up again so maybe that is why.

Better get to work. Have a great day.

LadyLai
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Good morning ladies! The sun is out and the temps are finally getting to the pluses. Yesterday the snow sure took a beating. Water or shall I say puddles were everywhere and sizeable! Yippee! Makes me wanna get out there and walk my arse off! LOL! I've had such an eventful week that I didn't get a chance to shop for my "week 2" menus so I've been "fluffing" it. No losses this week, but that'll change soon! I'm thankful I didn't gain, but there has to be some little glitch in there as to why I wouldn't have lost. Especially since I've had salads for lunch AND dinner??? After skating yesterday with Alyssa and "our" playdates we decided to walk to Wendys, I was going to allow myself a large chili and that was suppose to be it. But I didn't know they had new item.... sandwiches! Anybody who knows me, knows I am such a sucker for sandwiches. And BAM down the hatch it went. I guess there's my answer as to why I haven't lost! White bread too, to make the best of it!

Erin!! What a great sight to see you back. I have been thinking about you often and wondering how you're doing. So good to see you back and recommitting, with a loss to boot! You go girl! LOve your committments, I vow to try to keep those in your face as much as possible when you need to hear them!

Linda, I'm scared to even mention our weather just in case I'll scare it away. I'm almost tempted to say that it looks like "spring has sprung" here, but maybe I'll keep it to a whisper. LOL!

Robbin, it truly, truly sucks to know how hard you're working to move that scale down and TOM is preparing it's entrance. I'm gonna recall a piece of info. I've come accross a long time ago...and I believe I posted back then. But theory has it than women burn calories better during TOM to actually have a nice loss a the end. Whether or not it's true, I'm not sure, but it would be great to prove it wouldn't it.

Diana, you DO NOT want to become a statistic. Nor do you want to fall into the trash heap of unhealthy alternatives to a fast meal. I so get how much more easier it is to "live the other way", it is in turn faster but in no way healthier. Not for you or your kids. You've taken a stand to be a role model for them by taking better care of their mom, don't let them see you give in this soon. Remember this, "No food tastes as good as being thin feels!"? Weight loss is unfortunately very tough and the emotional roller coaster it takes you on is extraordinary. You just gotta keep striving for good times and not let the tough times latch onto you. You can do this, you've proven that with the strong start you've had. When you weigh your desire to be a healthier person next to the desire to take the easy way out, you tell me what weighs more. Stay strong!

Tammy, your post to Diana only reaffirms why I look up to you so much. ((you seriously must be sick of hearing me say that...LOL)) Every word you wrote inspired me to have a better day, because I can control that. Making the decisions we sometimes make to eat something better, exercise when we sometimes don't feel like it, is what empowers us. What an awesome uplifting post. Would you come spend a day with me?!! LOL!

Emily, glad to hear you had a good week. Have fun in Calgary. I was thinking of making that trip next weekend. Not 100% sure yet, but the want is certainly there.

Have a great day all! Spend it making decisions that'll benefit you tomorrow!
TTFN!

meowee
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Happy Saturday Afternoon . . . :hug:

As usual, it has gotten really quiet in here; must be the weekend or something. ;) Nothing too exciting on my agenda. At least the temps have warmed up to the freezing level today and are supposed to be hitting plus levels tomorrow. Naturally that also means the sun is taking the rest of the weekend off, too. :(

TINA . . . :hug: Glad you have been having an active good time with your DD. I'm a sandwich lover too. It's hard sometimes, but I mostly manage to stay away from bread, because I know it is one of my trigger foods. I allow myself a whole wheat flax seed tortilla wrap once (sometimes twice) a week and that is it.

ROBBIN . . . :hug: Hang in there girl. You know you can do it.

JANA . . . :hug: Those inches mean more than the pounds, kiddo. More people can see them. The pounds are just numbers. BTW, I love the puppy in your Avatar.

Well, off I go. The cats think it is dinner time, although I don't want to eat myself for about another hour. Hope all of you hve great weekends and I'll look forward to seeing you all later. Keep things moving and shaking, gang. :carrot:

meowee
03-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Happy Sunday Morning . . . :hug:

Seems even quieter than normal around here this weekend . . . I definitely seem to be talking to myself. :o

Also notice that this little time change is quite haphazard. My computer didn't make the automatic change; 3FC didn't make the automatic change; the local TVGuide channel didn't make it; but the Weather station did; and the local radio station managed. I've seen a few news blubs this morning, from both US and Canadian stations that have their visible time-stamp still on Standard. This is shaping up to be more fun than that infamous Y2K fiasco that never quite materialized. :D

Anyway, gang . . . hope you are having a really fun weekend wherever (and whenever) you are. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll hope to see you all tomorrow. :carrot:

jelynn
03-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Linda, I'm here! :wave: My overnight in Calgary was a blast. Power shopped at 3 big malls and walked down 17th Ave. I'd say I got my walking in!!
Eating was decent, the girls I went with are very health conscious so that helped. They had their protein bars and "Green's" drink. The only meal we went all out for was dinner Friday night at Joey Tomato. Had a shared appetizer platter (lettuce wraps, ginger beef, calamari, blue cheese fries) and shared a big chicken ceasar too. So all in all it wasn't even a huge portion of it all. But soooo good!
I have a tickle in my throat that seems to come on at night. I've been fighting a cold for about a week now. I *think* it's getting better, but I coughed off and on for probably a half hour after we turned the lights off at the hotel and I felt so bad!
I feel so much better mentally back at it. One of my friends recently lost 65 lbs and she looks amazing and has so much fun shopping now. I want that to be me in a year!!!
Have a great Sunday everyone!

anajjana
03-11-2007, 11:17 AM
just stopping in for a quick good morning to you all!!

i hoppped on the scale after my walk this morning and was down to 208!!!!

i am so excited this morning!!!

we are on spring break all next week so it will be a challenge to stay on plan but i can make it through!! i have faith in myself!!

have a wonderful sunday ladies, i hope your weather is as beautiful as ours!!!

oh yea, LINDA, that's my baby PRECIOUS, she's a spoiled yorkie-poo and she says, "spank you, my mommy tells my i'm pretty all the time."

ELEM-PGF
03-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey ladies!! Well i have been up and down a few tenths over the weekend but doing pretty well. I know exercise would help but not supposed to yet. May try some walking but hills still kind of hurt.

DIANA - OH GIRL!!! :hug: I have been right where you are so many times!!! You wanted stern so here you go. You can decide to take the easy road and miss a few good years of life, maybe as many as 10 or so and i don't mean just missing out on good times because you don't have energy or physical ability to do them, i mean dead and gone earlier than your time! ORRRR you can decide that life is worth living and ENJOYING and realize that if a difficult food choice is your challenge of the day be greatful that you have money to buy the food you want but shouldn't have, be greatful for the TV you can sit in front of instead of exercise and remember there are so many people who are facing a life where having those things is impossible. Remember there are people who are facing a shortenend life because of something they have no control over, such as cancer, poor living conditions and other things. Ladies we all need to remember, WE HAVE A CHOICE!!!!! We are in control of this situation! and we can either choose to wallow in our old ways and feel sorry for ourselves or we can buck up do what we know we need to do an move on to a better much more enjoyable life. we can choose to do the right thing and be mad that this isn't easy for us or we can be greatful we have a mind able to make choices! Okay enough preaching, but please know i need to HEAR this just as much or more than me TELLING it to you! I say it in love and support for a friend who is dealing with a rough time and I pray you get through it!

LINDA - glad to hear you are chugging along, i actually happen to love root beer - has no caffiene and i get the diet so can drink without guilt! I can't believe we have been near 80 the last few days and you are still dealing with sub-zero temps! I thought everyone was moving on to spring!

EMILY - I know what you mean about Tammy's post worked for me too! Glad to hear you had a blast in Calgary! Seeing someone you know succeed in weight loss can be so motivating! Sounds like you definitely got all your walking in!

JANA - congrats off on the inch of the waist that is a great improvement!!! And a weight loss to boot!! Yippee!

ROBBIN - still flying by! But glad to see you are still around! You can do this, keep at it and i know you will break through this plateau!!!

TINA*‑ thanks for the welcome back! Sounds like you are doing well and keeping moving which is awesome. I am anxious to get back to making myself sweat some more! I don't want to go too quick and mess up what i have had done but i feel good and want to do more!

Well ladies gotta run, been supposed to be doing paper work and did this post once then lost it so had to redo and now have spent way more time than i wanted to! I pray ya'll have a fantastic day and the choices are easy and without resentment! Love ya'll Erin

meowee
03-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Good Morning . . . well, Hello, anyway. It is Monday after all. ;) OMG, I hate time changes . . . actually I guess what I hate is my mind/body reaction to time changes . . . always seems to be way out of proportion to the actual event. Yesterday afternoon, I couldn't stay awake. Last night, I couldn't go to sleep. Decided a big bunch of NSA ice cream would help . . . it didn't. :o Finally got about 3 hours sleep and was up and raring to go at 5:30. Oh well, I usually get myself sorted out in a few days. :mad: If you guessed that I don't travel well either, you are right. Any more than one or two time zones and I'm useless for days. :dizzy:

Hi EMILY :hug: . . . Glad to hear your trip was such a success. Hope you are feeling better now and don't you worry, this time next year you will definitely be the big winner (loser) . . . you know what I mean. ;)

Hi JANA :hug: . . . Congratulations on that nice number and on the determination to make it through Spring Break OP. Love the dog . . . did you happen to read back and notice that my newest cat is named Purrecious, (aka . . . Squirrel Girl, because she is absolutely crazy).

Hi ERIN :hug: . . . Almost missed you, girl. Glad the weekend went well. You are definitely welcome to my share of the world supply of Root Beer. In Canada, March is not usually too Spring-like, unfortunately. But it is a lot better than February was.

Well gang, I think I'm going to get myself dressed and head out for an early Mall-Crawl. Need a few things and going out will hopefully keep me awake (at least for a little while) :p Hope you all have a moving and shaking kind of day. See you later . . . :carrot:

Oh . . . hey, all you crazy canuks, did you notice that we have a pretty active Canadian thread on the go? Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341 . . . hope to see you all over there.

RRVMMM
03-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok I feel like kicking myself for this but I have to do another flyby. I hate it but I have just been so busy I can hardly find the time to go to the bathroom.:o My boss is going to be out of town for 2 weeks startng tomorrow and things should dramatically slow down. We have been trying to get everything ready for him to leave that's why I have been so busy.

The scales have stuck themselves at 223 and do not want to move. TOM has yet to show up and I am feeling like eating the paint off the walls. I'm not though so that is good right? I only had one off meal over the weekend and that was 4 peices of pizza Saturday Night. On Sunday I tried to rectify the situation by eating nothing but raw veggies the whole day but LOL the scales did not feel that it was enough of a sacrafice and did not move. Oh well I will try harder this week.

Diana - YOU DO NOT WANT TO QUIT. I promise you that. Not even for a break. I have been at this plateau for almost 3 months and know that it is because I have not been trying quite as hard as I was but I am trying really hard to get the "committed" me back and you can too.

Well ladies I gotta run.

Cheryl120
03-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick fly by for tonight. I had a rough weekend eating wise, I wanted to eat everything and anything that wasn't nailed down. I'm hoping for a better week and hope the cravings leave!!!

Saw the eye doctor on Friday and he has refered me to an eye surgeon. I have a cyst and a wart next to it on my lower eye lid that needs to be removed. Can't get into the surgeon till April, maybe it will go away by it's self.:D

Diane...Do not quit!!! Take it from someone that is old enough to be your mother. It is much easier to loose the weight now than when you are in your 50's or older. I'm not saying loosing weight is easy, cause it's not, but your metabolism works better. I first started Weight watchers four years ago and quit after I reached my 12th week. I thought I could do it on my own. It was a Big Mistake! I gained the 30 lbs I loss, plus some more. We all have days where we fall off plan, but Tammy gave you some very good advise. Start back on program with the very next meal. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!:D

Tammy...Thanks so much for the excellent advise you gave Diane. I have taken it to heart.:hug:

Cheryl

jelynn
03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Feel like I had a good day. Watched portions and had lots of water. Also had an excellent treadmill workout...over 2.5 miles (37-38 minutes?) mostly running. Felt good today.
Kicking myself though. All of a sudden it's less than a month until spring break and my trip to Portland, OR. And I'm losing weight I already lost!:tantrum: But at least I've turned it around and I can be back down close to where I was by then. I've got 4 weeks (less 2 days)- hoping for 205ish.

Jana- congrats on the loss! You should be excited :)

Robbin- I'm sorry you are still frustrated by that dang plateau! Somethings got to give eventually...hang in there!

Cheryl- I hope your eye gets better w/out the surgery!

Linda- I'm with you hating the time change. The Fall one is actually harder for me, but it still messes me up. I shut off the alarm this morning and went back to sleep until 7:30!

Well, off to catch some yummy Jack Bauer ;) er, I mean 24!

ELEM-PGF
03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Howdy ladies! Well as i said i was going to be honest with myself and with ya'll so slap a big hipocrit (i know i didn't spell that right but oh well) over my face and let's move on. I had a complete binge yesterday and gained 4.2 pounds because of it! YIKES!!!!! :o :o Well staying true to my positive attitude that day is gone and today is the first day of not doing that again!!! Today i will make the right choices and will move forward and not wallow in my poor decisions! I am going to try to not weigh again until friday morning and see where i am then. I really thing my obsessive weighing works against me!!

Linda - thanks for the root beer, i am going through about a case a week of diet A&W! Is a mall crawl actually shopping or is that the name for all the folks who walk the mall for exercise everyday. I know around here they are hardly crawling!

Robbin - so glad to hear you are not eating paint!!! TOM can really mess with your appetite for sure! Not giving in is a huge accomplishment! Better than i did for sure! I find the one day crash fixes are worse on me than just getting back to or sticking with the true plan and also for me i have to avoid breads past and rice like the plague!

Cheryl - good to see you! My daughter had some Molluscum (sort of like warts) removed from her eye lids back in the summer and she did fabulous, made a huge difference to her eye she was constantly having goopy yucky looking drainage and that stopped within a week of the surgery.

Emily - sounds lik you had an awesome day! I hate when a goal sneaks up on me like that, where does the time go??? I am sure you will hit that 205 without a problem if you keep going like you did this day!

Well gotta run, hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

GainingWeightInLa
03-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi ladies...yes, I'm still here. I've been lurking about, just too busy and no time to post....awfully cruel thing to do after my last post, huh? :( Sorry....really, I am! I've read each and every post and all I can say is WOW! You guys are the greatest....I've stayed on, I've hung in there, I'm still moving in a healthy direction. Not, obviously, because it's what I necessarily want to do, but because it's what I know I have to and need to do. Everyone who "had something to tell me" had an impact....I'm not just saying that. I don't know what that "mood" was in my last post....I guess we all get there sometimes, I dunno. But I needed to "hear" everything that you guys said to me. Again, I've done halfway descently at staying on track and may show a very very small loss for the week (today is weigh in). This, by far, has been my toughest week. Thanks to everyone one of you for helping me hang in there....I'm tellin' you, you guys are my rock!

I have to say this, though....Robbin, I think you probably amaze me the most....your "staying power" during your current plateau and your unwillingness to be stupid like I was and whine about it is completely awesome to me!! You should feel very proud of yourself! I know I'm very proud of you!!! :)

Hopefully things are going to calm down for me a bit now and I'll be a poster instead of just the lurker I've been for what seems like forever!! :) Thanks again, EVERYONE! You guys ROCK!!!

meowee
03-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Good Morning . . . gang . . . :hug:

Afraid I'm running late this morning . . . not sure how come . . . just one of those days that seem to get away from you. :dizzy: Just about to rush out to pick up a few things I forgot to get yesterday. BTW, my version of 'mall-crawl' really does mean shopping, but, luckily, it also counts as exercise. ;)

Anyway, you all just keep on keeping on, gang . . . I'll be back later. :carrot:

LadyLai
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello my ladies, Hello my darlins'..hello my one time gals (is that right?) LOL! I know it's an old song, but I don't remember the words! Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop in here yesterday. It was one of those days like Linda is having today. Time just got away from me between running errands and having hubby home for a distraction!

I really need to catch up!

Linda, my mom phoned me one day to tell me that she saw this little quiz to find out if you're a carb lover and she said she could answer yes to all of them. I'm like "duh" when you're from the east that's all anyone eats is bread and tea!! Needless to say, sandwiches can be as threatening as chocolate is for me. You're a strong woman to only allow yourself a wrap once a week.

Emily, glad you had a good time in Calgary. I'm leaving friday morning, so not looking forward to the 9hr. drive but I'm going shack whacky!! It's cool that you're friends are into health as much as yourself, it makes it so much more easier when you don't have to fight yourself internally to make the "proper" decisions"!

Jana, wooo..you go girl! Congrats on the loss! That's the way to do it!

Erin, wow..so proud of you coming in here and owning up to your binge. Getting it out in the open makes you feel much more better and actually motivates you to do better. Now, is this a good time to say "practice what you preach"??? hahaha!! Only teasing you!

Robbin, wouldn't it be great if one of the "side effects" of TOM was excessive exercise and not excessive appetite! Woo! Wouldn't that be something?! Keep doing what you're doing and hang in there girl!

Cheryl, this is your week girl! Turn those cravings away and make choices that'll better suit you days after. seems we're all fighting cravings here lately.

Diana, glad you're still here and maintaining the fighting battle. We all feel we don't have choice in this matter and know exactly what you're going through. It's just a good thing we don't all take dips at the same time! LOL! Glad you could come here and get exactly what you needed.

I've been rather slow last week getting my rear in gear for a loss, but I've already been grocery shopping for my menus and hopefully I'll get a chance to move that ticker soon!! Have a great day all!

TTFN!

RRVMMM
03-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I think I have figured out my problem and Diana I want you to read this to see if maybe it makes any sense to you, cause I know you are haveing a problem with a plateau and motivation. Most of you know I have been having problems staying on track once weekend hits. Well I have contributed my 3 month long plateau to my bad weekends. I think I now know why I am having such a hard time on weekends. It all comes down to the fact that I have become lazy with my food, I have become the most boreing eater I know. Monday - Friday I eat the same things over and over and over. Oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch and grilled chicken with veggies for dinner. I mean it, that is about the only thing I eat during the week. Once weekend comes I am dieing for something different and go crazy with "bad" food, by Monday my scales are up anywhere from 1 - 5 pounds and it takes me all week of my boreing food to get rid of the weekends gain, just to turn around and do it all again. Can you say self sabotage? I have not made a weekly menu since the beginning of December. I just run through the grocery store every week picking up the things I know I do not have, frozen chicken breast, frozen veggies and salad fixings. I can also now see why my family has become so cranky at meal time. They too are eating the same things for dinner over and over, hamburgers, grilled chicken, french fries and grilled cheese. Why have I done this? I guess because its easy, I don't have to think about what I am cooking, I know what is on my acceptable list and thats what I eat. Well heck I can make almost any recipe "healthy" I have done it with lots of recipes, it just takes some time and thought, DUH! This week I made a menu, and everything on my menu sounds so yummy, like Chicken parmesan and instead of using spaghetti noodles I will use spaghetti squash. Why have I not been doing this :shrug: .

However, can not blame the whole plateau on the foods, I have to also put the blame on my lack of exercise, but I also blame that on WINTER. But I think I can also blame it on my eating. I think if I am happier with my foods I will be happier when I exercise. Does that make any sense?

At one time in this thread we each would post helpful food ideas off and on, I think if we started doing that again we would all benefit from it. So I will start it off with an idea I got from my low-fat cook book. I don't know the exact calories or anything like that but it is a much healthier version of pizza pockets. Instead of pizza dough use wonton wrappers. Brown and crumble some turkey sausage, add some onions, green peppers, mushrooms, any veggie you want. Lay out a wonton wrapper and put about a tablespoon(maybe less) of no sugar added spaghetti sauce down the middle then a spoonfull of the sausage mixture, wrap it up eggroll style using water on the edges to help seal it. Lightly spray each one with pan spray and pop them into the oven at 400 till browned. I have made these before and they are great.

I also want to tell all of you ladies thank you for holding my hand these last few months. You all are what have kept me going. And Diana thank you so much for your kind words, we will get through this together.

GainingWeightInLa
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Well ladies, yesterday was weigh in. It's kinda odd...they have four sets of scales at WW. Except for two times (one being last night), I've managed to weigh on the same scales each time. Last night and the other night I weighed on different scales, I either maintained or gained. Last night I maintained, according to their scales. According to mine, I've lost somewhere between 1 and 2 lbs....my scales show whole lbs, not tenths, so I'm not sure the exact amount. It's very irritating, especially after the week I've had, to go and be told I maintained....I know, I should be happy not showing a gain. I'm tellin' ya...it's the scales. Should've gone and weighed on my usuals after meeting. But didn't....maybe it'll just make next week even better?? Guess we'll see. I really needed to see a loss this week, though. But I'm not discouraged beyond coming back....I will do this (won't I?? LOL)
I have much to do today....Hope to be back later though. :)
Diana

LadyLai
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Good morning girlies! I hope you're all found well and excited about today! ((sheesh, how chipper could I sound..LOL!!))

Robbin, I am so proud of you really getting down to the nitty gritty of your plateau a.k.a "pain in the a$$" and putting it out there for the rest of us to learn from. What you described really is a testament from my own book. I too get "relaxed" on the weekends because I've done so well throughout the week. I figure I deserve it. I guess the question now would be how badly do I want it. Bad enough to sabatoge myself with choices that aren't so healthy. I'm usually really relieved when I come through a weekend without a gain. Would it be so bad to actually expect a loss on the weekend??? I think not!!

Diana, I would definitely want to weigh on the same scale each WW weigh in. (Can you request that?) We all know that each scale varies. I wouldn't even acknowledge your WW results this week. If your home scales report a loss, then obviously you have, claim it girl! There is no variation in the scales you've been using all along. Chin up and keep your eye on the ball being the next weigh in on the scales you usually use!!

Not much new to report for me. Have a great day girls!

TTFN!

meowee
03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh wow . . . another day has come and almost gone again . . .

First off, I slept in until after 9 am (still turned upside-backwards about the time change I think); had to rush to get the garbage out; then the opthamologist called and pushed my first cataract surgery ahead by a week (that's okay, at least it doesn't mess up the rest of my carefully orchestrated Spring surgery schedule - just have to do some minor rearranging); then I noticed that my little stone chip on the windshield has turned into a major crack and I'll have to fit in getting that fixed before my car's annual inspection in June or it won't pass); then I had a three hour 'business' meeting this afternoon (hey, thought I was 'retired') . . . anyway, you know how it goes sometimes. :dizzy:

So, long story shortened . . . Sorry to say, I'm kind of just passing through again . . . Hope everybody is having a great day of moving and shaking and doing all the good stuff you possibly can . . . I'll see you all tomorrow and hopefully I'll have time to chat longer then. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I got hardly anything done today....I'm coming down with the "crud," I think. Achy all over, headache, no fever (yet)....the "good" thing (if you can really call it good) is that the thought of food literally grosses me out and makes me want to barf a lung. (TMI??? Sorry.) Maybe it'll help me show a loss this week! LOL--owie, it hurts to laugh, or even to think of laughing! :(

Has anyone tried that new (I guess it's new...I just recently heard about it) all natural cold remedy created by the school teacher--I think it's called Airborne or something like that? My in-laws say it's a miracle cure. I just finished my first dose of it. You dissolve it in water like Alka Seltzer. OMG...it's disgusting!! Especially when you're already not wanting to put anything in your mouth! It better work as nasty as it is. My son actually liked it. Go figure.....
Did manage to get my hair cut today....it'd been almost a year. It was soooo nice to drop my 2 yr old off and go sit and have a haircut. Who'd have ever thought I would enjoy a haircut? Just nice to have 30 minutes of not hearing, "Mommy ________." (Fill in the blank) But the girl that cut it liked to talk....I just wanted to be silent and relax. She is very young and doesn't have children...she just doesn't understand the preciousness of that 30 minutes or else she woulda just been quiet! LOLOLOL

Anyway, I think my points will be well below target today given the pukiness I'm feeling. I'd rather be well, I think.

Tina, I agree with you. I'm not really taking into account what WW scales said yesterday. I really think I've lost 2 lbs...in fact, I think I'm gonna go ahead and change ticker. Went shopping Sunday and bought a size smaller jeans again....A 16W!!! Do you know how long it's been since I've worn that small of a size?? And....warning, this next thing really may be too much info so if you're offended easily, just skip it (like you could skip it now that I've gotten your curiosity up!! LOL)....last night, well, er, um....you know....and afterwards, my husband said, "This may not be a great time to share this, but you have really lost a lot of weight!!!" He was very VERY pleased! I could even tell a big difference. It was definitely a WOW moment....Makes ya wanna keep losing just to see what it'll be like!! LOLOL Hope I'm not the only silly one who'd share something like that here. If I offended, I'm very sorry.
Well, I'm gonna go sit my lighter-but-still-very-large behind on the couch and try to feel better. Have a great evening, everyone!

ELEM-PGF
03-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey ladies!! Well doing a little better today as far as eating and the scales are concerned but i am feeling like i am getting some sort of funk. Kind of like Diana, achy all over and just no energy, so now i am going to head out and see some patients anyway! So hard to know what to do in these situations, don't want to make anyone sick but yet can't not see them on a "chance" i might have something. OH WELL, let's just keep trucking along!

Diana - so glad to see you are hanging in there and toughing out this rough road! I agree Robbin amazes me as well! I am going to say to you what folks always say to me (including my endocrinologist) that it's not the number on the scale its how you feel and knowing that you are doing what is healthy for you in the long run! NOW I KNOW that is little comfort when you just need to see a smaller number on that scale when you step on. The majority of doctors always said "you know you need to get the weight down", sounds like they want to see a smaller number to me!! Listen lady keep at it, if we keep doing things right we will see those smaller numbers!!!! Oh and by the way, not too much TMI and yes I have had the same experience and think it is fabulous and very inspiring. I have been medically restricted from that for the last two week and have about 2-4 more weeks to go. I really want to try to get some more off before i am allowed again and see just how exciting it can be! AND CONGRATS on the smaller jeans again!!!!! That is fantastic!!!

Linda - hope your crawl was fun and productive! You are a busy girl here lately! I think i caught your lack of energy this morning! Hope everything works out for you and you will be back full force soon!

Tina - YES please remind me of what i said just one post ago! I need the accountability more than anything!! How is your menu planning going?

Robbin - WOW lady! I think you may have hit the nail on the head!!!! Makes complete sense! And as i said to Diana you amaze me that you have not just thrown in the towel and run screaming to the closest McDonald's or Burger King! I think your revised plan will get you into onderland before you know it!!!!!

Well gotta run should have been on the road 10 min ago!! Hope ya'll have a fantastic day!

anajjana
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I've been on Spring Break and have kept up my workout's but my eating's been a little off lately. I've got TOM coming next week and I can defintely feel it, inside and out, the scales were at 209 yesterday morning and have jumped up to 212 this morning!!!

I've got to get my eating back on track!!! Just a quick update, I hope you ladies are all doing great!!!

TTYL!!!!!

meowee
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
OMG, it's the middle of the afternoon again. I'm feeling really lethargic today. Can hardly stay awake. Think it's the end of the time-change-lag coupled with the really oppressively dull weather we are having today. :( By tomorrow, I'll probably wish I had today back; the forecast for tomorrow is SNOW. :mad: Yuck.

Anyway, another big :grouphug: is going to have to do it again for today. Hopefully I'll get back into sync with the rest of the world soon. In the meantime, gang, just keep on keeping on. Have a great moving and shaking good evening and I'll see you again really soon. :carrot:

miafluker
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
hello everyone im mia and the title of your thread caught my eye i think i need to find a new approach to the whole weight loss thing. I seem to get discourged when i dont lose a certain amount of weight. I like the idea that you guys do not focus soo much on lose this amount by??? but you acknowledge when you lose anything. (I hope that made sense) lol anyway can i please join?

GainingWeightInLa
03-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome, Mia! Take if from someone who's great at starting and then restarting....you wanna stay here! These girls know just what to say and when to say it and it's a place that helps hold you accountable....not because you'll get in trouble or scolded if you mess up, but you just want to do good because you want to have something good to report. :) Look forward to getting to know you!

Well everyone, I'm feeling a bit better today, although my daughter is barfing up her guts! She's sooo sick...I'm a bit worried. If she's not better tomorrow, I'll be calling the doctor. My kids have been sick (taking turns) solidly for the last month. Guess it's time to soak the house down with bleach and Lysol. :) I'm doing pretty good food-wise. I take a fluid pill for my blood pressure...haven't had it in two days so I'm sure I'm retaining more water than usual....I'm maintaining at 17 lbs, though. (I know, ticker says 19...may have changed it a bit prematurely) I've had a chicken salad sandwich, tomato soup, and popcorn today. Lots of sodium....I need to go get my meds refilled. Although I'm wondering if I've lost enough to get off the BP med....This is my last refill on this Rx. Think I'll check in at the Dr. before I get another Rx from him. That's definitely been one of my goals...to get off the BP med. I guess we'll see.

Hope everyone's having an awesome day!

Diana

LadyLai
03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi girls, sorry I will have to make this short. I'm getting ready for a weekend outta town! Yippee! I'm going to my brothers for the weekend, 9 hrs. away, yep...I said n-i-n-e! And I'm the driver! Despite that fact, I'm dying to "get away" for a bit. Annnd they have LESS snow! So, hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you again Monday!

Welcome Mia! Glad to have you join us! I look forward to getting to know you better. You sure stopped into a great, warm, welcoming bunch of ladies. Together we can get through anything!

TTFN!

miafluker
03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks for the welcome
alittle about me im 26 soon to be 27 in may
my baby just turned 1yr last week
i work as an orthodontist assistant
my hubby just got out of the active marines and now is in the inactive reserve so we relocated to his home in new orleans
i have not always been big i am a big emotional eater i dont think i eat much because of my work schedule but i eat whats convient which is normally fast food or ill eat junk food.
I can not find a diet plan to suite my needs bacause i can only eat 3 - 4x a day and i have to have sugar in my coffee. Also i have a hard time drinking enough water.
well thats my bio im open to all advise and i like to give it as well

jelynn
03-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Welcome Mia! :wave: you'll love this group.

Tina- I can not believe that trip is 9 hours for you! That is a TRIP! Have a wonderful time. It's supposed to be 19 here on Saturday, so I'll bet you'll have some nice weather :)

Diana- Sorry you aren't feeling well...and your kids too! My 6 yo has a cough right now, but otherwise we've been healthy for awhile. I swear we were sick all of December and January rotating through the 4 kids.

Linda- I am having such a rough time with this time change! I have literally crawled out of bed every morning at the last possible moment and have my afternoon legargy. It's gotta end soon, right?!

Jana- good job working out! Enjoy Spring Break!

Erin- hey, I've been meaning to ask you about your dd's molluscum. My older boys had some flicked off a few years ago, but my 2 yo old now has it around her eyes and it's spreading...Did you have scarring? I am treating it currently with a homeopathic cream, but it's too soon to know if it's working. I have a friend who had some flicked off her dd's eyes, but said she wouldn't do it it again. Just wondering what your experience was. I just hate that they are spreading!!

Robbin- Gosh, girl...I just have to say it again. Way to hang in there!!! I think you have figured it out. "Mixing it up" both in diet and exercise is the way to go, I think. I wish I had some amazing recipes to share, but I mostly just eat what I make the family-- just less of it, you know?

I have had a great "OP" week (so far, lol) 3 good sweaty workouts and I did my basic t-tapp and a walk yesterday. I've also done well watching my portions. Feels so great to be back in control.
My dh went to a movie tonight and I'm trying to stay up to watch Grey's Anatomy at 10:00. I should just record it and watch without commercials tomorrow, but it's the kind of show for me that I couldn't sleep knowing it was on, lol. Better be a good one because I'm tired.

Let's stay committed through the weekend, ladies!!

ELEM-PGF
03-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Well ladies i said i would be honest so yes the ticker is up 6 pounds! My binge early in the week and high salt foods a too much of a good thing the last two days has really taken a toll on me. Not to mention TOM may be coming on and that can always put a wammy on things. It just never ceases to amaze me how easy weight comes back on when you have to fight sooooo hard to get it off! Well i said i was going to stay positive regardless so i am going to focus on the fact i know how this happened and all it will take to get it off is better choices the next time around!

JANA - with ya on the little bit off and TOM getting the better of ya, but hopefully it will come off as quick as it came on!

LINDA - I am still amazed how different weather can be, we have had high's in the 80's the last few days, yesterday was rainy and a little cooler but already at 60 degrees this morning and it is only 4am! hope your energy comes back and we will be seeing more of you soon!

MIA - welcome and yes please join! You're right, the lack of pressure of a certain amount by a certain time is relieving, I am sure you will enjoy it here! Sometimes it is best not to get so caught up in a "plan" but better to focus on making right choices. So many fast food places now have healthy options and even just eating less of whatever you get can make a tremendous difference! Sounds like you have had some major stressors lately (moving, new baby and hubby in military) and some emotional eating is expected. Trust me we all succumb to that at times! But like i said focus on making small choices right now and as you begin to see results then move into a little bigger thing. Do you exercise at all?

DIANA - so sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is much better today! We have had a nasty stomach virus going around our area that has hit most families twice in as quick as a week! Hope she is over it soon and no one else comes down with it! Glad to hear you are doing better and moving on along! Water pills can help so much to get rid of that nasty swollen feeling, when you just feel it all over! That little bit of extra swelling can really do a number on the scales too!

TINA - have a wonderful and safe trip! Wish I could share my 80 degrees and flowers blooming everywhere with you!

EMILY - actually i have absolutely no regrets on having my daughter's molluscum removed. Her's was right on the edge of the eyelid in the lashes so treating with creams was nearly impossible. Her eye would stay soooo goopy and nasty all the time and there was a question as to how that was affecting her vision so I felt like the risk was worth it. Now the guy who did it was an eye plastic surgeon who specializes in that kind of thing and they did it in surgery with her completely knocked out so you have to deal with the risks of anesthesia but it was so quick and the recovery only took about 2 weeks for complete healing and she has absolutley no scaring! She has beautiful long lashes and they are even coming back in. My son has the molluscum on his body and i thought it had gone away but in the last month or so he has gotten some new ones but only a scattered few, so i hope they are gone again soon! the way they can spread is amazing! Like i said i would definitely do it again, but i would be sure the same guy did it! Oh yeah and i love Grey's anatomy too, fortunately for me it is on at 8:00 so i can usually stay up that long! Congrats on the on plan week!

Well you ladies have a fabulous weekend, i am not sure if i will be around. The weather is supposed to be highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's. Right up my alley so i want to get out and do some weeding etc, as well as have to get son to baseball practice and get a haircut as well as several church activities so time may be a little short! So if not before i will see you monday and will hopefully be less of me seeing less of you!

Erin

meowee
03-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh UGH . . . another typical early spring day in Atlantic Canada is shaping up . . . we have a winter storm warning in place for the next 24 hours . . . first, snow (anywhere from 4 to 12 inches, predicted?); then overnight tonight, freezing rain changing to regular rain; all coupled with gale-force winds. :mad: So far, just heavily overcast and really windy.

Hi MIA . . . :welcome2: to our little group . . . :hug: We do have fun here as we wander along the bumpy road to better health and fitness. I notice you have a big March challenge under way. Personally, I have never succeeded with any challenge I've ever tried to join so I just don't do them. :dizzy: I a diabetic and I'm older than dirt -- both of those problems tend to make for very slow weight loss. I just try to remember that it was the tortoise that finally won the race.

Hi ERIN . . . :hug: My bet is that a lot of the 6 pounds is just WWW and will be gone again soon. Salt will do you in every time. Drink water until you gurgle, girl.

Hi EMILY . . . :hug: Good going with the OP and exercise. Keep it up for the weekend and you're bound to be rewarded by the FFM next week.

Hi TINA . . . :hug: Have a great, great weekend . . . drive carefully. See you later, gator.

Hi DIANA . . . :hug: I have my eyes, legs, toes, fingers crossed for you to have a good report from the doctor regarding the BP meds. Hope everybody is soon feeling better around your place.

Hi JANA . . . :hug: Probably just WWW for you too . . . the only thing I've really liked about getting older is no more TOM . . . although sometimes the body still goes through the water-retention cycling thing :dizzy: Just not every month. More water for you too, please.

Hey ROBBIN . . . where are you hiding out? Haven't seen you for a couple of days. We miss you. :hug:

Well, gang . . . I'd best get my self in gear and get out to stock up on a couple of staple items before this storm really hits. Hope each and every one of you has a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you all again really soon. :carrot:

miafluker
03-16-2007, 11:14 AM
ELEM-PGF- i do exercise i have several turbo jam videos and a few pilates even though i feel im too gib for pilates. The time change has really taken a toll on me so i havent worked out because i could normally find time in the am before work but now when i wake up its still dark at 630am. But you know what that is another excuse and im getting tired of making excuses for myself.

meowee- i never completed a challenge either but i know i have to try and set small goals. And I know exercise is a very important roll. So once again im trying maybe i can lose something anything before my birthday

RRVMMM
03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey girls how is every doing? Pretty good here although I am having a slight misunderstanding with the scales right now. I have been completely on track all week and they went from 221.2 up to 222.2, mmmm, have no clue as to why but I figure I will just keep on truckin and eventually something has to give right?

Linda Ė hey girl I am here just been busy, sorry to hear the time change has been so hard on you. Usually it is a killer for me too but I think that since I was so looking forward to more light in the evenings it really hasnít bothered me this time. I am sure you will be back in sync soon.

Mia Ė Welcome to the group, let me tell you I have been stuck gaining and loosing the same 5 pounds for 3 months and would never have stuck this out if it hadnít been for this group of ladies. They are what keep me going and I am sure they will motivate you too.

Diane Ė hope everyone at your house starts feeling better soon, that crud can really take its toll. I am sure once you get back on your meds you will drop some of that water weight and you will be back with your ticker. I just wish I could get back to mine and soon.

Tina Ė Iíve missed you the past couple of days. Hope you have fun on your trip.

Emily Ė There is no way I could eat what my family eats, not that its all bad but by counting every little bite that goes into my mouth on my fitday I donít think I could fit in fried catfish like they had last night so I had broiled flounder. Which, by the way I will not be sharing my recipe for because it was not too tasty, LOL.

Erin Ė I canít count how many times I have wanted to run to McDonalds and have a Big Mac and Fries. Today I want to run to the snack table here at work and have cookies and bagels, but I am so scared of putting what I have lost back on that I just cannot do it. It is not really willpower to keep going, it is fear of gaining again. I also have a fear I will be stuck forever.

Jana Ė Donít you just hate TOM, I know I do. The past few days I have wanted to eat everything in sight and am soooo craving chocolate. Hope you can hang in there.

Well ladies, I have 2 off plan meals comming up, one will be tonight. Yesterday was my hubbies birthday and we will be going out to eat at an Iris pub tonight. They do not have an online menu with nutritional values so I will have to just do my best at picking something that sounds halfway healthy. The second will be at my mothers on Sunday. She is cooking a birthday lunch for my hubby, Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, some type of veggie and Blackberry Cobbler for dessert. How am I gonna get through that one? I figure I will pick a chicken breast pick off the coating eat the meat have a small helping of potatoes and the veggie, skip the rest. Not sure if I can do that but its what I have planned.

Hope every one has a great weekend. Check back later.

meowee
03-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Just thought I'd say a quick good morning . . . actually, it's almost a quick good afternoon around here . . . :hug:

The nasty storm they've been predicted for the last two days, still has not materialized . . . all we have so far is a tiny dusting of snow on the ground; although it is still pretty overcast and the radio is still predicting various kinds of doom and gloom. Guess I'd be feeling a little more optomistic if the sun would come out. . . :)

Nothing big on my agenda . . . some laundry is calling to me . . . and a couple of hours of work for this silly company I seem to think I'm retired from :dizzy:

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon. :carrot:

miafluker
03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
good morning everyone im am off this weekend so i plan to get a good workout in
how is everyone?

jelynn
03-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I have had such a busy, productive Saturday! Remember those notepads we are delivering for the realtor (every other month)-- well it's that time again and even though it's "the kid's job" it's sooo much faster to do it alone so we actually only go out for a couple hours with them which is plenty. I got up and did it this morning for an hour and a half. I was walking fast and going up steps and kept my heart-rate up!
It's also a beautiful warm (albeit windy) day today so I got out the rake and cleaned up the front yard-- filled a big orange trash bag with leaves and twigs (all from the neighbors...grrrr)
I baked banana bread and cookies for lunches next week (tried a new recipe w/peanut butter, coconut, oatmeal and chocolate chips...divine! Also supposed to have pecans and raisins, but I knew the kids wouldn't go for that. I've tried to not eat too many though today is my "free" day (and I have had more than I should have...)
Finally, I grocery shopped. Even braved Costco on a Saturday. I am beat! I will sleep well tonight for sure.
Tomorrow I'm making a corned beef dinner-- back to watching portions!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! :wave:

meowee
03-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Good Morning, Gang . . . :hug:

Nothing too exciting going on in Atlantic Canada this morning. It is dull and drizzly, but fairly mild and we definitely did not get the really nasty stuff they were predicting for the past couple of days.

Wow, Emily, you really had a busy, busy day. I'm worn out just reading about it. Hope you got your exercise in, Mia.

Well, that's my quick 'Hello' for this morning. Keep things moving and shaking everybody. see you soon. :carrot:

jtammy
03-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi gang! Iíve been lurking lately with little time to post until today

Linda, Glad to hear that youíve missed the nasty weather that had been predicted for you. Maybe youíll soon get some spring weather. Do you often have work from the job you tried to retire from? :lol:

Emily, You had a busy Saturday. I didnít realize that you did a free day. Iíve always found that interesting but have been too scared to try it myself.

Hi Mia, and welcome to our group. These ladies are great support, and Iím glad you have joined us. Iíve used that same daylight savings time excuse this week. I am going to have to make myself get back on track with exercise TODAY. What type of plan are you following? We definitely donít focus on losing by a certain date. It can be so discouraging when you do that. Sometimes no matter how good we arenít our bodies just arenít ready to cooperate.

Hey Robbin, I second what others have said about admiring you for sticking to it even when the scales arenít cooperating. Itís easy(er) to stay on track when the scales co-operate but much more difficult when they donít. Hope your hubbies birthday meals werenít too difficult.

Erin Ė great to see you posting again. Iím with Linda on the water advice. Keep gurgling. Iíd bet that those 6 lbs are nothing but water retention. Weíre also having that beautiful weather you described, although it cooled off some last night. Letís enjoy it while it lasts, it will be HOT too soon.

Tina, Hope you have a great weekend with your brother. What a long drive though.

Diana, Hope everyone is better by now at your house. Getting off the BP meds would be such a bonus to the weight loss. Good luck with that. I loved to hear DHís comments to you. Thatís fantastic and I love to hear that from my hubby. I had to laugh at your comments at the hairdresser. I love for someone to do things with my hair. It is so relaxing to me and it almost puts me to sleep, but my hairdresser talks too much for that to happen.

Hi Jana, Hope you enjoyed your spring break. My kids had their break this past week, but tomorrow is back to our normal schedule.

Well, Iíve made a big decision on my weight loss. Iíve decided that it is time for me to try to maintain for a while. I have been very emotional lately over the speed of my weight loss and I decided that it is time to take a maintenance break. Now that doesnít mean that things are changing very much for me. Nothing will change except that I am bumping up my calories to 1800 Ė 1900 per day. Iíve been considering doing this for the last three months, but I had hoped to get to 199 before I did it. For my own peace of mind, Iíve decided that I couldnít wait any longer. I have felt so much frustration lately with the scale, even though it has been moving, just slowly. Iím scared that I will become complacent with weight loss, so Iíve set a date to begin actively trying to lose weight again for June 1st. I donít really think I will need that much of a break, but if I do, thatís when I will restart.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

miafluker
03-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi gang! Iíve been lurking lately with little time to post until today

Linda, Glad to hear that youíve missed the nasty weather that had been predicted for you. Maybe youíll soon get some spring weather. Do you often have work from the job you tried to retire from? :lol:

Emily, You had a busy Saturday. I didnít realize that you did a free day. Iíve always found that interesting but have been too scared to try it myself.

Hi Mia, and welcome to our group. These ladies are great support, and Iím glad you have joined us. Iíve used that same daylight savings time excuse this week. I am going to have to make myself get back on track with exercise TODAY. What type of plan are you following? We definitely donít focus on losing by a certain date. It can be so discouraging when you do that. Sometimes no matter how good we arenít our bodies just arenít ready to cooperate.

Hey Robbin, I second what others have said about admiring you for sticking to it even when the scales arenít cooperating. Itís easy(er) to stay on track when the scales co-operate but much more difficult when they donít. Hope your hubbies birthday meals werenít too difficult.

Erin Ė great to see you posting again. Iím with Linda on the water advice. Keep gurgling. Iíd bet that those 6 lbs are nothing but water retention. Weíre also having that beautiful weather you described, although it cooled off some last night. Letís enjoy it while it lasts, it will be HOT too soon.

Tina, Hope you have a great weekend with your brother. What a long drive though.

Diana, Hope everyone is better by now at your house. Getting off the BP meds would be such a bonus to the weight loss. Good luck with that. I loved to hear DHís comments to you. Thatís fantastic and I love to hear that from my hubby. I had to laugh at your comments at the hairdresser. I love for someone to do things with my hair. It is so relaxing to me and it almost puts me to sleep, but my hairdresser talks too much for that to happen.

Hi Jana, Hope you enjoyed your spring break. My kids had their break this past week, but tomorrow is back to our normal schedule.

Well, Iíve made a big decision on my weight loss. Iíve decided that it is time for me to try to maintain for a while. I have been very emotional lately over the speed of my weight loss and I decided that it is time to take a maintenance break. Now that doesnít mean that things are changing very much for me. Nothing will change except that I am bumping up my calories to 1800 Ė 1900 per day. Iíve been considering doing this for the last three months, but I had hoped to get to 199 before I did it. For my own peace of mind, Iíve decided that I couldnít wait any longer. I have felt so much frustration lately with the scale, even though it has been moving, just slowly. Iím scared that I will become complacent with weight loss, so Iíve set a date to begin actively trying to lose weight again for June 1st. I donít really think I will need that much of a break, but if I do, thatís when I will restart.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

hi i am currently trying to figure out what works for me as far as plan, someone suggested that i try getting 3 servings of the food groups a day but because of me work schedule i find that hard and then i has tried weight watchers which i may have to go back to and i tried others but nothing fits

GainingWeightInLa
03-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Tammy, OMG! Your pictures! You look fabulous!! I can't believe how much you've lost!!! You must be soooooo pleased! I have to say that I hate to hear that're you're taking a break. You're sooooo close....but I totally understand! I look forward to June when you're "back on the wagon." Although, I guess you're not officially "off the wagon." LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one anxious to rejoice with you when you reach onederland!! If I can get really, REALLY busy, maybe we can get there together....although I highly doubt I'll be where you are by then! LOL I can dream, though.

Linda, I see that you have one of those jobs that won't let you quit, too! lol I work at my husband and father-in-law's company. I actually quit a couple of years ago....it lasted for about 48 hours (I quit on a Friday, by Monday I was employed again....not of my own free will!! Brother-in-law had a serious car accident over that weekend and my MIL was unable to work. Been back since then....learned that, reluctantly, I'll be there for the rest of my life!) People say it's nice to be needed....are you feelin' that? I just feel overworked and unappreciated! LOLOL

Well everyone, I think we're officially over the latest illness (nasty stomach virus). We thought my daughter was dehydrated Friday (I know she was....no wet diaper for over 16 hours--not a drop)...doctor wanted to put her in the hospital! We finally got enough fluids in her to make her go, though...thank goodness!!! She's much better today, although yesterday she was still sickly.

I went Saturday and had BP meds refilled (last refill)....wasn't going to. I had almost made up my mind that I was just going to quit taking them. But I thought long and hard about it...and the more bloated I felt, the more I was able to convince myself that I still need to be on them. I just called in the refill...will pick it up today. Will check in with the Dr. after this refill is gone...won't have a choice. lol

Well ladies...it's a brand new week. Hope it's an awesome one for each of you!

anajjana
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

I have been sick with a stomach bug since Sat.

The good news is the scales were down to 205 this morning!!! I guess that's because I have not been able to keep anything down, not even water!!

I really enjoyed seeing that number this morning. I'm feeling much better and I've been able to keep some soup down but I'm still fighting with my tummy because it's still trying to push it up.

I've been moving around a lot today to try and keep my mind off of it. I was in the bed all day yesterday!!!

Once I get back to 100% I'll then have to fight to keep those extra seven pounds my tummy ache helped me lose, OFF!!!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Monday!!! It was back-to-work/school for me but I called in sick, so I'll be back tomorrow.

RRVMMM
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey ladies, hope everyone is haveing a good Monday. I did pretty good over the weekend, not completely on tract but better than I have been for the past 3 months. As a matter of a fact my weekend gain is also lower than it has been in 3 months. Saturday and Sunday scales said 220 and today they said 222. I have not had a Monday reading of 222 in a long time it is usually 224 or higher. Maybe this week will be the week I beat the 220 mark for good. Keep your fingers crossed. Better get to work. Check back soon.

meowee
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi girls . . . :hug:

Hope each of you is having a really great day . . . I've been busy trying to get some errands run before I have this little cataract surgery on Wednesday simply because I don't know if I will be housebound for a couple of days or not. I know people who've been told not to drive for a week or more and others who are okay to do just about anything after 24 hours. . . hope I'm the 24 hour type. :^:

TAMMY . . . :hug: . . . I'm sure you've made a good decision. When it becomes such a strain, you definitely will benefit from a little respite. Who knows, you just might start losing like mad as soon as you stop trying so hard. If not, well . . . practicing for maintenance is a good thing of and for itself . . . there is a school of weight-loss-thought that suggests taking a break after every six months of concentrated effort. For me . . . I don't think that 6 month deal would work . . . as a matter of fact, I know it wouldn't since I've proved it many times in the past. Please just make sure you continue to post on 3FC.

MIA . . . :hug: . . . There is a plan out there that will be a perfect match for you, girl . . . Just keep reading until one really catches your eye and in the meantime, keep doing the best you can to cut back and fit both healthy eating and exercising into your schedule. BTW, I'm rather curious as to why you quoted all of Tammy's post in yours?????

DIANA . . . :hug: . . . Glad to hear everyone is finally feeling better. That must have been quite a scare with your poor little daughter. Thank goodness everything is okay now. Amazing how some jobs are so hard to retire from, isn't it. :o

JANA . . . :hug: . . . Glad you are feeling better, too. Just ease back into the eating and keep on drinking lots of water . . . but don't be too upset if a bit of the weight comes back for a short time.

ROBBIN . . . :hug: Good going. Sounds like things may be starting to click for you again. Keep doing the good stuff, Chickie.

Well, I guess I'd better go feed the cats . . . they are such creatures of habit and start acting like they will never eat again if the dish doesn't hit the floor at the right time. :)

Have a great moving and shaking evening everybody. See you soon. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-19-2007, 05:03 PM
robbin, I just popped in to read any new posts...didn't intend to post myself, but I just had to tell you that I am so completely overjoyed for you!!!!! Keep doing what you're doin'........ :cheer:

jtammy
03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Mia, Have you thought about just doing calorie counting to start out? Using a website like www.fitday.com makes calorie counting so much easier than it used to be, IMO. Finding a plan was difficult for me at first too, then finally I realized that I just had to do SOMETHING, and not keep putting it off. I hope you find something you like soon. :hug:

Diana, Thank you so much for your comments on my photos. I appreciate that. :hug: I'm truly not "off the wagon" so to speak. I'm still measuring and weighing my food and logging it. The only two changes are that 1)I'm trying to eat a little more than usual (sounds like fun - but I don't want to eat just junk so that's more challenging than I thought it would be) and 2) I'm not worrying if the scale shows a loss or not. That is the part that feels so good, so freeing. I'm not sure when I got so hung up on the scale but this is a good change for me. There are several of us so close to 199 that I'm sure we'll have good company when we cross that line. I hope your family is completely recovered. How old are you kids by the way?

Jana, woohoo on the pounds lost, although that's a nasty way to have to do it. I hope you feel much better soon. :hug:

Robbin, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you see 219 again this week. Today's weigh-in sounds very promising. :hug:

Hey Linda, If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, I hope the catarct surgery goes well. I'm sure it will. I hope you are the 24 hour type too. :hug: I will definitely continue posting at 3FC while I'm trying to maintain. I think I'll need it more now than ever. :)

Take care everyone!

miafluker
03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
meowee you know what i didnt even realize i did that, i was in a rush this morning i was suppose to be getting ready for work:)

thank you everyone for the advise

RRVMMM
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Good morning ladies. How is everyone today? Pretty good here, scales did not move over night but thatís ok, I am still gonna work my backside off this week to see if they drop. I found a recipe for a low-fat Chicken Florentine that I am dyeing to try; I think it will be tomorrow nightís dinner. If it turns out good I will post it for you ladies.

Tammy Ė I took a peek at your pictures and all I have to say is WOW lady you look great. You should be so proud of yourself. Every time I start feeling down in the dumps and want to quit I look up to people like you who have stuck this out and proved to everyone that it can be done.

Diana Ė glad to hear the family is feeling better, donít you just hate it when the little ones are sick. You feel so helpless. I am also glad to hear you decided against stopping the meds. I think it is best you wait till you see your dr.

Mia Ė I agree with Tammy, calorie counting is one of the best and easiest ways to go. I use fitday.com and it only takes me a few minutes a day to keep track of what goes into my mouth. I do have to admit that when you are just starting out with fitday it does take some time to figure it out but once you have the foods you eat most entered into it, it is a snap.

Jusj - I do not want to be a downer but I do want to warn you, once you start eating again the scales are likely to go up a bit. Right now your are empty and partially dehydrated, once your body refuels itself you might see a little jump.

Linda Ė how is the weather? We are expecting storms for the next couple of days but the temps are perfect hanging around 70.

Well I guess I had better get to work. Hope everyone has a great day.

LadyLai
03-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Cherri-O girls! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a wonderful visit with my brother and his family, but the turn around was way to early! I was in the vehicle for 10 hrs. on friday, spent a day at my brothers which was consumed at a car show and a little boardwalk shopping then spent another 10 hrs. on Sunday in the vehicle. Did I mention I was the driver, hubby didn't go. I was completely exhausted by the time I got home on Sunday that yesterday was a totally a bum around day. I feel a lot fresher this morning, I just came home from grocery shopping with my weekly menus. Yay! That always seems to be a great help for my week of weight loss efforts.

I hope you all don't mind if I just pick up from here on in, there are a lot of posts I would have to catch up on...

But I do wanna say...

Tammy, I perfectly understand why you'd want to just "hang out" for a while. It does take so much stress off of your shoulders. I bet when you reduce your calories again it'll will have been the boost you needed to start dropping like crazy again.

Hope you all have a great day!!
TTFN!

meowee
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Happy Tuesday, girls . . . :hug: Tomorrow is officially the first day of SPRING. Know how you can tell in Nova Scotia that spring is almost sprung? You guessed it, it's cold and it's snowing. :( Ain't life grand?

Thanks for the best wishes . . . I really hope I'm the 24 hour type, too. But in case I'm not around here tomorrow at least you will know why. BTW, it came to my attention on another thread that a lot of people seem to think cataracts can be fixed by laser . . . not so, unfortunately . . . it really does involve a real incision, but it is done only under local anaesthtic . . . here is an info sight, if you are interested . . . http://www.cataractsurgery.com/ . . . has videos and everything.

Well, better get moving and shaking, gang . . . still have some errands to run and some chores to do . . . hope everybody has a great time doing the good stuff today . . . see you all really soon. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-20-2007, 05:31 PM
hello everyone!! sorry to hear about your snow, linda. :( wish i could send you some of our near-80 degree weather. hope you warm soon.

tina, glad you had a safe trip. my brother lives in california and i, in louisiana. he's on the west coast, i'm in the deep south. it's been nearly a year since i've seen him. i can't see making that trip with one of my children being so young, though. that'd be a miserable trip! lol glad yours was fun!
glad you're back too.

well all, i thought we were officially well when my husband woke up this morning with the same stomach bug that my daughter is getting over. he finally drug himself to work around 2 pm this afternoon. i can't figure out why...he gets off work at 4:30 (right about now). oh well, it got him outta bed. he lost 6 lbs since last night. hope i didn't gain them! lol speaking of which, today is weigh in day. i started back on my meds today at about 1:30. don't know if it was early enough to help with my weigh in today or not. i usually weigh having taken the meds...i haven't had the meds in almost a week, so i know i have some water weight. if i show a small gain today, i won't be upset. i'll know it's all water. i'll probably have a maintenance week, i'm hoping. that'll in fact be a loss given the meds. how confusing!! lol sorry.

well weigh in is in about 1 1/2 hrs. better go get ready...it's about a 30 minute drive for me to get there.

have a great rest of your week, everyone!
diana

Robsia
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
*slinks back in ashamedly*

OK - I know I've been MIA for about a month.

It's been half deliberate - was sick of trying hard and losing nothing so I thought I'd stop counting for a bit and see what happened.

I've been trying to eat 'normally' - i.e. like normal people do and hoping I'd more or less maintain. I have allowed myself treats like ice cream made with proper cream, and cookies now and then, and we went out for Mother's Day on Sunday.

Finally got up the guts to get on the scales yesterday and was 148.6. So, that wasn't too bad actually - up about 3 lbs over the month and that's with the big meal on Sunday. It was down to 147.7 this morning so I'm off to a good start.

If I can lose a pound a week between now and July, I'll make 133 by the time we go to Portugal (July 11th). But I am really going to have to work hard at it this time. No more messing about. I need you guys to keep me on track and get in that bikini by summer!

anajjana
03-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I'm finally feeling back 100% again and I've got to start walking again. I've missed 4 days since I've been sick!!!

TOM is here and the scales are back up to 208 as many of you predicted so i'm moving my ticker, but that's where I originally was so no prob's there.

I also had a NSV yesterday which is weird because I'm not even down to the weight that I should be yet. I'm losing inches but everything is not going back to where it was when I was in high school. I guess that comes with age. I tried on a pair of pants I bought when I was around 195-205 a couple of years ago, yesterday and they fit perfectly!!! I'm still 208!!! Weird!!! But no complaints!!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

miafluker
03-21-2007, 08:08 AM
hi everyone i think i found a plan i wanted to try so ill see how it goes also im thinking about signing up for curves i have workout videos but they are kind of boring

by the way jusj congrats on the jeans i cant wait until i get back in a size 18 to start with

GainingWeightInLa
03-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Good mornin' ladies! Well, no news to report. Hubby was still feeling pretty ill yesterday evening and didn't feel like wrestling the kids while I went to WW weigh in, so, like I said, no news to report. He just left for work (two hours late) and is feeling just a tap better today. I hope and pray that he's the last of the sickly folks in our house for a while. I'm tired of nursing sick folks....if I still wanted to do that, I'd still have my license current and be getting paid for it! LOL I told my whole family yesterday that I was not allowing anymore sickness in our house! (We'll see how long that lasts! lol)

Robsia, great to see you back!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd wondered what happened to you...only a slight gain....it won't take you anytime to get that back off, esp. since you've taken a break.

Jusj, congrats on the jeans! When you get back into something you haven't been able to wear ina while, it makes everything you've done all seem sooooo worth it!

miafluker, I've been thinking of joining Curves, myself. I have a friend who works there part time. Keep intending to call her. The more I lose, the flabbier I get (loose skin). I've gotta do something, although I'm dreading those sore muscles. Any idea how much it costs to join and what exactly happens once you do? Do you have a trainer or what? I have sooo many questions. lol

Well everyone, I'm off to do something...not sure what yet. I have the stuff I need to do and the stuff I wanna do. Guess it's decision time, huh? LOL Have a great day, everyone!

Diana

meowee
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi . . . I'm still here and I still have two functioning eyes . . . they just are not functioning as a set. The 'new' one is seeing better than it has in 45/50 years, but the 'old' one still wants it's glasses. :dizzy: You don't realize how important binocular vision is until it goes missing for a bit. Think I need a monocle. ;)

Anyway, just a quick little flap-through because the glare from the 'puter screen is trying to give me a headache. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll squint at you again soon . . . :carrot:

Robsia
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Linda - what have you had done?

meowee
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi ROBSIA . . . :hug: . . . See what you miss when you stay away. ;)

Nothing serious . . . cataract surgery on left eye. Right eye gets done at beginning of May. The artificial lens they implant also corrects most of the myopia (ain't medical science grand) . . . Will probably be able to see at distance without glasses for the first time since I was 12 . . . at least, once the other eye is done.

Glad to see you back, girl. I read your post and you did well for having been MIA for so long. But very glad you are back. :D

miafluker
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
hi everyone diana i called curves and the one here is opened from 7am-7pm and i believe they do have someone that works with you and something about rotating to different machines after so many minutes the lady also said that you are suppose to work out for at least 30min a day there
the hours do not agree with my work schedule i work form 9-6 but i leave home at 8am due to traffic and by the time i get home in the evenings its 630 or 645 i work in the city
i called a place called anytime fitness i would have a key so that may work for me better also they have a room designed with workout equiptment for only women. I really like that

ELEM-PGF
03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey Gang!!! Sorry to be so fluky about things here lately. Schedule has been really off and I haven't had time to think straight let alone post! Nothing really new to report, but wanted to pop in and say Hi :carrot: and hope everyone is trucking on along! I will be back sometime over the weekend and will hopefully be able to catch up then!!! Keep positive and keep going! Erin

LadyLai
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Good morning girls! I've learned since yesterday that if I don't sit down and try to post before I get involved in my house work, I'll never sit down afterwards. Opps...my bad! I am feeling more energized today than I have in a long time. I think spring is beginning to sprung here....FINALLY! We're suppose to be in the pluses through till the end of the month. Yipppee!! It's making me feel like spring cleaning! Quick..someone feel my forehead! LOL! Then on the other hand...TOM showed up today...wahhHHhh!

Linda, I'm glad you're home and feeling somewhat well enough to check in with us. Take care and be sure to give that eye a speedy recovery.

Diana, wow..I'd say you've had your fill with sickness. Hope hubby is the last one and it doesn't dare take a second trip around your house! I was a member of Curves a few years ago. You don't have a trainer, you just walk in and do 2 circuits. I loved it because you're getting cardio and strength training. But one thing you have to be careful of is the fact you only get out of it what you put into it. Keep your tempo UP and you'll get great results! I lost motivation because I wasn't getting any. I can't speak for all Curves outlets, but the one I went to wasn't very inspiring but boring. I need someone there to cheer me on, encourage me and push me to do my ultimate best.

Robsia, hey girl! I know how frustrated you feel with seeing the same numbers, or perhaps gaining and losing the same numbers. I've been doing that since last August for pete sakes!! I'm scared that this is it, but it can't be...that I know for sure. You'll get it off, you just gotta put into it what you used to. I know that is my problem. Hang on girl!

Jana, glad to hear your feeling better. And way to go on your NSV!! If there's anything more encouraging to keep trudging...it's a new jean size. You go girl!

Mia, I hope your plan is one you feel works for you. It's so tough to find something that suits perfectly. If you're like me, you'll probably have to keep tweaking it to get it just right.

Erin, hey girl! Glad you popped in. Looking forward to hearing what's been keeping you so busy. And if you say it's the NICE WEATHER I'm going to come down there and sit on you! LOL!

Well, girls have an awesome day!

TTFN!

miafluker
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
hey everyone im happy to report im down 2lbs but i have a migraine right now i think im coming down with something so i have to keep it short have a great night

jelynn
03-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Was this the fastest week ever or what?! Not the greatest for me...but not the worst I guess either. TOM arrived so I dealt with some cravings and didn't exercise like I have been. My right knee has been bothering me- grrrr! I've been maintaining overall though so can't complain.
I'm planning a modified cleanse for next week. Just fruit, veggies, nuts and maybe a little fish. Maybe just a day or 2 or up to 5. Can you tell, I'm really committed? LOL I feel like I need it though.
I have a dinner to go to tonight- all Greek food. yum! I'm making a dip with cream cheese, feta and all the good stuff in it...red onion, red pepper, olives, sundried tomato, artichokes and fresh tomato on top. Served with thick pita slices. drooling! But I'll watch portions and for sure exercise tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

GainingWeightInLa
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi, everybody. Not much time to write...busy day at work. I took a late lunch.

Not having a great week, I don't think. My weeks go from Tuesday to Tuesday since those are weigh in days. Last week, I know I lost (didn't attend meeting...sick hubby), but I'm thinking I've put it back on this week. :( I don't think i'ts clost to TOM, but it sure feels like it. I've wanted to eat the world full of GOOD stuff!!! (not good in a GOOD way, good in a YUMMY way!) I've not had the nerve to brave the scales in a few days now. :( If I have a good day today and Saturday (so far, so good) then I'll weigh Saturday evening. How silly is that?? LOL

Well, gotta run...work's screaming my name. :angry:

Diana

GainingWeightInLa
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I guess angry's not an emoticon, huh? OOPS, sorry.

RRVMMM
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey ladies sorry for being MIA for a couple of days. No news to report on my end. Scales are hanging at 223 and have been for a couple of days but at least I did not see 224 or 225 this week, maybe that is a good sign I am back on track.

Check back soon.

meowee
03-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Happy Saturday . . . :hug:

Just a quick HI for me, again . . . hopefully another beautiful sunny day is shaping up here in Atlantic Canada although it is only supposed to go to 4C (39F). :cool: Yesterday was wonderful . . . sunny and 12 (54F) . . . even had that great spring-like smell in the air. :D

Thought I'd found a great new cereal . . . WeightWatchers Fibre 'n Flakes . . . per half cup - 90 cals, 17 carb grams (9 fibre); 9 protein; 1 fat; sweetened with splenda . . . It tastes far too sweet to me. I'll probably finish the box, but won't be buying it again. I do not like anything sweeter than the natural taste of fruit for brekkie but thought I'd mention it in case somebody else might like to try it. I got it at WalMart.

Anyway, hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day doing something fun. See you all later, gang . . . :carrot:

anajjana
03-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I finally got up and walked this morning and it felt great!!! The scales are up to 209 this morning but we ate pizza last night for dinner and I'm sure that's why plus TOM is here.

I've got to get back down to business, we are having a business meeting for the cruise today at the coffee shop @ 4pm and that means it's getting closer. Even though I am very happy now, I would still like to lose more.

I am trying to find an effective way to get the inches off my tummy area quicker because I pretty much want everything else to stay the way it is now, does anyone have any ideas??

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Saturday, it looks like we are going to get some rain, but that's okay we need it, there is pollen EVERYWHERE!!! This is my puppy "Precious" first spring and I believe she has allergies because everytime we go outside she starts sneezing!!! My poor baby!!

Well, ta-ta for now!!

GainingWeightInLa
03-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh ladies, ladies, ladies!!!! Have I got MARVELOUS news!!!! (And I never even use the word MARVELOUS!!!) I'm gonna go out on a limb here and change ticker because ::drum roll please::, and I don't know where this came from, BUT scales show me at this very moment between 218 and 219!!! I weighed this morning and looked at my hubby and said, "I haven't seen that number on the scales in many, MANY years!!!" This week, as noted in my previous post, has seemed like a bomb! I thought I'd been overeating!! And really I think I have. I think it was my week before that has given me this loss...I think it's just now showing up because I got off my BP meds, which rid me of water. So while this is probably water weight, I'm still about 2-3 lbs lighter than ticker was because ticker was with my BP meds. I'm completely overjoyed! I just hope weight watcher scales show the same as mine this week!

Just had to share my news...hope everyone else is havin' a rockin' Saturday, too!

Diana

Robsia
03-24-2007, 06:24 PM
OK - well I have HUGE news!!!

Last night I found out I was pregnant!!

And I'd been really good this week and actually lost those naughty 4 lbs I had put on.

But it means I shall be bidding au revoir for the next nine months (fingers crossed), although I shall definitely need to come back apres birth (due 30th November).

I think there is a pregnancy/breastfeedingforum somewhere about. I still need to watch what I eat - I don't want to balloon this time, but obviously I won't be trying to lose weight - just gain at a normal rate.

I shall pop in from time to time to see how you are all doing and give you an update, if you like!

Lucky I still have all my old 'big' jeans - I think I'll be needing them soon.

Robsia
03-24-2007, 06:45 PM
*Comes running back*

Man - it's QUIET in that pregnancy forum!! There is NO ONE there. Can I stay here - pretty please!!

meowee
03-24-2007, 08:54 PM
CONGRATULATIONS . . . :hug:

Three is nothing in the 'rules' that says you can't post in both places. :D We'd hate to lose you and I'm sure they'd love to get you.

miafluker
03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
congrats:carrot:

jtammy
03-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi ladies,

Robbin, Thanks for the comments about my photos. I love looking at before and during or before and after photos too.

Tina, Glad to hear that you had a good weekend at your brothers. Are you getting any nice spring weather yet?

Hi Linda, Iím glad to hear that the surgery went well for you. I did check out the website you provided a link to. My FIL has cataracts and I didnít really know that much about it. That helped. I guess it feels strange having one eye working well and the other one wanting itís glasses. Hey Linda, I bought a box of that cereal a few months ago. I didnít love the taste, but I liked the calorie count and the fiber count. I ended up mixing it half and half with Fiber One, just to get rid of it. I've been reading some on the fiber thread trying to get some new ideas. I need to post a link to hungrygirls.com website and all of the recipes she has using Fiber One. One of them that I made today was a pie crust similar to graham cracker crust, but using Fiber One. It's pretty decent and it has all of that great low cal fiber.

Robsia, Congratulations on your news. Itís funny to read your two posts. One before you found out the news and then another after you found out the news. I guess those bikini plans are on hold for this summer. ;) Stay with us even if the pregnancy/nursing forum picks up. We definitely want updates.

Jana, Glad that you are feeling good again. Great news on your high school pants fitting. You asked about a way to get inches off of your tummy area. This is from a sticky in the exercise area from Meg, who is a personal trainer and knows what she is talking about. Unfortunately, we canít target our problem areas through exercise. Exercise can strengthen specific muscle groups like abs and thighs, but canít make the fat on top of those muscles go away. Fat will disappear only when we create a calorie deficit by eating less and moving more. Fat tends to be lost from problem areas last of all!

Hey Mia, Iím glad youíve found a plan that you think will work for you. I started out sticking strictly to a plan (Somersizing Ė based on the Suzanne Somerís books), then once I felt like I had some of my cravings licked and had learned some good habits I was able to tweak it to get it something I could live with forever. Of course, it still changes but I think that will continue to happen as I refine it.

Diana, Is everyone still well at your house? It does get tiring taking care of everyone doesnít it? Congratulations on your loss this week by the way. And you were expecting the worst!!

Hi Emily, Just curious what the modified cleanse does for you? Can you expand on that a bit?

Hi Erin :wave:

Yesterday when I weighed I was 203 on the scales, which is a landmark for me, because it means than my BMI is below 30, which means that I am overweight now, not obese. It was a good feeling for a few hours. After breakfast, I went back and weighed again and was 204, so as my loving daughter said, "You're obese again Mom".:rofl: Officially though, my ticker says 203 and I'm sticking by it.

Have a great week!

anajjana
03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Well I got up this morning and got my walk in!!!

I have not been eating right or walking right so I have got to get back on the ball!!! The scales are starting to show my misbehavior, they were up to 212 this morning!!!

There will be no slips this week and I mean that. Wish me luck!!!

We have rain in the forcast for everyday this week so I may be walking on my mini tramp quite a bit this week, but it will get done no matter what.

I had some time last night and finally got caught up in all my classes, so now I really have no reason to be off plan.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!!

ELEM-PGF
03-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey ladies! Sorry just another quick fly by for now gotta head out for a recheck with the doctor and don't want to be late! Scales are still the same. But that is pretty good considering i used the PreMS, MS and Post MS excuse to fill myself with whatever i wanted the last few days. Hoping the doc will release me to exercise i think that would help a lot.

Praying everyone has a great day and promise i will get by for a real visit real soon!!:carrot: :hug:

meowee
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Well . . . we have another sunny day in Atlantic Canada and I guess you'd have to call the temps more or less 'seasonal'. Although a little warmer would be a little nicer. :cool:

My day is off to what will probably prove to be an expensive start . . . Turned on the TV in the family room to check the weather . . . picture is fine but no sound . . . downstairs to the rec room, turned on the TV . . . sound is fine but no picture. I mean what are the odds? :dizzy: Anyway, downstairs is fine now - the cable connection had literally broken off in the little plug-thingee, so I had to dig around to get it out and then bypass the VCR to put the cable directly into the TV; so now I need to get another short cable to reconnect the VCR.

However, I've done everything I can think of to the other one and nothing works, so guess I'll be calling a repair guy (do they even still exist). :o Looks like I've got a new TV in my future; this one is about 15 years old and has never given me any trouble before now . . . sort of promised myself I'd get a Flat Panel the next time I needed a replacement; so will start looking around. Anybody have one -- what is your preference -- Plasma or LCD -- which is better for a very bright room?

Yippee for everybody who had a loss over the weekend and Yippee for everybody else anyway. :carrot: Glad to see we are all still dedicated to the journey. Best news I can muster on that front is that I'm back to my ticker weight. At least the 4 pounds of IV-induced WWW have gone away. That's enough to keep me happy for the time being.

Must hop over to Hungry Girl and have a look at the recipes for Fibre One. Did discover that the new stuff is pretty good just as a snack out of the box . . . good thing, because I like the nutritional values in there, too.

Well everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking today. Keep on doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can and the rewards will follow. Take care now and I'll see you all again really soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Sad, sad news...scales are back up, but I haven't taken BP meds in two days (maybe 3, not sure). So, more water weight I'm sure. But I haven't been too good, although yesterday wasn't terribly bad. I just started my day off with a couple left over pieces of fried catfish. They were small and my daughter helped me eat them. Not too many points, I don't think. Didn't do supper last night, though, so I was hungry. I think I'm going to try to start planning my menus. I think that'd help me. I'm not a terribly organized person so it's going to be a chore for me...or maybe just a new habit to start.

My daughter's 2nd birthday party is this coming Saturday. I soooo don't wanna have cake....she loves strawberries so I'm kinda thinkin of surfing the internet for some kinda healthy strawberry dessert instead. I'm open to all suggestions! :hint: :hint: :) That's the good thing about having the party at your house...you can fix what you want and if no one else wants it, then they don't have to eat it! lol Is that horrible, or what?? :confused:

I'm gonna spring clean this week to get ready for the party....hopefully keep me outta the kitchen and burnin' those calories (and pounds!!) I'm going shopping today and will maybe pick up flowers to put in my flower beds in my spare time this week (YEAH RIGHT! SPARE TIME???) Some of the people that will be at the party I haven't seen since I started losing weight this time....I've lost 20 lbs....hopefully they'll be able to notice! But I want things to look well....

Anyway!! Yes, for the moment we're still all well. Hubby shared with me TMI (too much info) last night when he said he'd just had his first solid BM (poo, for those who aren't medically in the know! lol) in almost a week. My daughter, who has had the same thing, is now actually having trouble "going." I know, TMI! Sorry! lololol Hopefully that means we're really and truly on the mend. Although my son woke up this morning saying he felt like he was catching a cold. Hopefully it's just all the junk blooming and it'll go away in a day or two.

Well, daughter needs diaper change...going to get busy! Have a great week, everyone!!!

Diana

miafluker
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
man is this baby season or what just when i found u guys i find out today im pregnant also i dont know wether to be happy or sad:?: also i down to 228 i lost another 2lbs

Robsia
03-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Congratulations Mia!!! Wel, FWIW I plan to carry on watching what I eat carefully. Certainly in the first trimester, the baby will just take what it wasnts from your reserves anyway. Plenty of people lose weight in the first trimester due to morning sickness and end up with completely healthy babies. And it's just dropping off me right now. ;) I've lost 2 lbs since I found out on Friday.

miafluker
03-27-2007, 08:07 AM
your right plus im really overweight so i can stand to lose some with my last baby i had gestational diabetes so i want to avoid that at all calls.

meowee
03-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

OMG . . . it's an epidemic of :preg: . . . Congratulations to you too MIA . . . just hope it isn't contagious . . . :( I don't want to be the only one left in here who isn't expecting. ;)

Overcast so far today, although the weather forecasters say sun and warmer than yesterday :cool: I'm going to be playing around with the new TV anyway, so I really don't care. So far I managed to get the old 27" so-called-portable off it's stand and into an-out- of-the-way corner pending the arrival of someone strong enough to actually move it. After I run around 3FC for a bit, I'll go and get the new one in from the garage . . . think I can actually handle it . . . which is one of the reasons I wanted a flat-panel in the first place. Got a 27" LCD which is HDTV ready at a pretty reasonable C$500 (WalMart; an unknown brand called Ilio), of course, it probably won't last as long as the old RCA clunker it is replacing, but at the rate technology changes, longevity is no longer a really big issue. That's about the only thing on my agenda for the day . . . hope I can get everything hooked together properly.

Well gang . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day doing the good stuff . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Hidie Ho, girlie girls! Wow, scary day here! We've got tornadoes popping up all around us right now. I'm scared! One just hit over a nearby lake where some friends of ours live. Haven't heard from them....and it just started raining its butt off here. I'm about to have to leave to go get my son. :( Today is weigh in day....6 pm this evening (weather permitting, of course!). I'm starving to death. lolol

It's gettin' rough here....I'm off here for now just in case. Don't wanna fry my computer. Will update later.

Diana

RRVMMM
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh my miss a couple of days and get totally lost. Congrats Robisa and Mia. Babies are wonderful. But I thank God that I will not be joining you on that journey, 4 kids is plenty for me.

I had a bad food weekend and am now paying with bad scale results. Scales are at 225. I do seem to have a problem though. I know I am retaining lots of water because my hands are super swollen and even my face is puffy, my ankles are huge and TOM showed up. I have been chuggin the water like crazy in the last 2 days I have had almost 2 gallons of water. And between yesterday and today I have only gone pee about 4 or 5 times. What is up with that?

Well better get back to work.

LadyLai
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow! Congrats Robsia and Mia!! What a great surprise. Enjoy your pregnancys and be sure to update us. I love growing belly pics (hint, hint).

Girls, I've been preoccupied with taking my grandmother to her Dr. appts. today. All she has left now is a blood test, maybe later today or tomorrow. I guess when you're 76 you gotta make sure nothings falling behind. Spring has definitely sprung here and I'm loving it! Only 1.5 more feet of snow off of my lawn and we're done! Yay! I'm so going to enjoy walking outside and I have a companion now seeing as my aunt moved a couple of blocks away. Burn baby burn!!

Hope you're having a great day!

LadyLai
03-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Robsia and Mia, did you guys notice you are only one day apart as far as gestation? How freaky is that!

Robsia
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes - I noticed that. Mia - we have a very quiet chat going on in the pregnancy forum (2 of us - lol). Come and join us!!

miafluker
03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Hidie Ho, girlie girls! Wow, scary day here! We've got tornadoes popping up all around us right now. I'm scared! One just hit over a nearby lake where some friends of ours live. Haven't heard from them....and it just started raining its butt off here. I'm about to have to leave to go get my son. :( Today is weigh in day....6 pm this evening (weather permitting, of course!). I'm starving to death. lolol

It's gettin' rough here....I'm off here for now just in case. Don't wanna fry my computer. Will update later.

Diana

hey im in louisianna i live in marreroon the westbank

miafluker
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
thanks everyone wow Robsia we are close
RRVMMM you may need to take a water pill thats alot of water

jtammy
03-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Just wanted to drop in and tell Mia congratulations! :preg:

And Linda, don't worry, you sure won't be the ONLY one here who isn't expecting! ;)

miafluker
03-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Just wanted to drop in and tell Mia congratulations! :preg:

And Linda, don't worry, you sure won't be the ONLY one here who isn't expecting! ;)

thank you i just wanted to tell you congrats on your weight loss i looked at your ticker and this is a major accomplishment:cheer: . How did you do it? i feel like i will never get out of the 200's

GainingWeightInLa
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Mia, I'm in NW Louisiana....about 30 miles east of Shreveport. Did ya'll have rough weather yesterday? Tornadoes all around, thankfully we were spared (did I say spared? I meant scared! lol)

Weigh In was last night....there was a major wreck on interstate (weather related), so we were late, but weighed in nontheless. I'm contemplating whether to change ticker or not. My total (this time around) is 20.4 lbs. My ticker is set at 21, which I'm sure I'll be at by next week according to their scales...according to mine, I'm between 21 and 22 lbs. I'm slowly talking myself into leaving it just like it is. Anyone got an opinion? (As if I must ask! lololol) I can't believe I'm under 20 lbs away from onederland!!! Can it really be???? lol

Great to see so many posts! Robbin, I'm curious if you're any better today? My TOM is very near....I'm sooo cranky right now...even hubby noticed. lol Hang in there, girl! This, too, will pass! I think they sell some over the counter water pills....maybe you should invest in some for times like these. If nothing else, it'll help the scales move a little.

Daughter's birthday party is this weekend...tons to try to get done today, since I'll be working Thur. and Fri. all day. Have a great day, everyone!

Diana

meowee
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Well . . . Good Morning to all the Preggers and non-Preggers, too . . . :hug:

Very dull, rainy, and windy here in Atlatic Canada. Just hope the predicted snow does NOT materialize. :( Just to let you know, I am in love with the new TV . . . it has fulfilled both reasons I wanted an LCD Flat Panel . . . it only weighs 30 pounds and the bright light in the family roon (even after the sun came out and was glaring in through all ten windows) doesn't even phase it. :) Unfortuntely, I can't get a DVD to work properly . . . sound is OK but no picture; in fact, when I plug in the video cable, the sound almost gets drowned out by the static. Guess I'll have to try hooking up a different video cable and see what happens. Unfortuntely all my exercise stuff is on DVD and downstairs I only have a VCR . . . so I really need to get this thing working . . . Buddy Ball and the Frog are missing me. :dizzy:

Well . . . I've lost another magnificent .4 of a pound in only two weeks . . . I know, I know . . . stop complaining . . . at least I'm moving in the proper direction . . . just, well, you know how tiresome it gets some times. Anyway, I'll just keep putting one foot slowly in front of the other and someday, I'm sure, this will all pay off.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day doing the good stuff. See you soon, gang . . . :carrot:

miafluker
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Diana we didnt have bad weather but the sky looked terrible
i gained another lb i really need to stop getting on the scale everyday.
have a great day everyone

GainingWeightInLa
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
OMG!! Two things....first, I just mopped my kitchen and dining room (it's a very large area...probably 700 sq ft). I know I burned off my whole lunch...and it was a bigger than normal lunch! I'm aching and sweating. Anyone know how many calories mopping burns if you do it with a heavy mop and it only takes you about 15 minutes? Man, I'm tired and HOT!!!

Secondly, if someone knows how to post a picture, I'll post the picture of the funnel cloud (a tornado that dropped from the sky, but didn't touch the ground) that formed over our family-owned machine shop (about 2 miles from my house) yesterday. It's on the front page of our city newspaper. Here's the link to it: http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=57

Click "read more" below where it says, "Shongaloo, Sarepta take brunt of storm damage"

However, it'll be gone off the front page after today, but it'll still be findable.

That's all! Sorry such a weird post! lol
Diana

miafluker
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
wow diana im glad it did not touch down i get so nervous with wether like that its unpredictable plus i drive all way from the westbank to gentilly new orleans to go to work and back i would hate to get stranded on the greater new orleans bridge.

ELEM-PGF
03-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Hey girlies!:wave: :wave: Sorry this is going to be a quick run by again, but 5 year old baseball can really take over your life if you let it! I don't know how folks with more than one kid playing can do it!!!! Anyway scale was 242.6 yesterday but back to 243 this morning. I am still fighting the good fight and trying to be sensible about it all but have a goal in mind that is looming ever closer. I have a beach trip the first week of may and really want to be in the 220 by then. even if it is just 229 i would be really happy. We'll see.....

Quick congrats to Mia and Robsia, if i am understanding right we have babies on the way!!!!! That is fabulous. I pray for healthy comfortable pregnancies for both of you!

Gotta run will try to check in later, don't know if i will ever get caught up on all the goings on but hope that all is well with everyone! Erin

Robsia
03-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Morning ladies. Well, take a look at this:

http://www.cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/5%20weeks.jpg

OK, so I had a bit of a belly before I got pg but not this big!! This is ridiculous. I was told that you show earlier in 2nd and subsequent pregnancies but I didn't expect to show THIS early - I look about 4 months. And I've gained half a pound. I was hoping to maintain in my 1st tri and I've been really careful about what I eat.

No other news from me - it's odd how a pregnancy totally takes over your life and suddenly it's all you can think about. I'll try not to be too much of a baby bore.

RRVMMM
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Robisa - I am very short in the waist and showed very very early, I had to start wearing materinity clothes at about 9 weeks on all 4 pregnancies. And hey the belly is cute. Don't worry about being a baby bore, I don't want anymore babies, 4 is enough, but I loved being pregnant and will enjoy hearing from you and Mia.

Well ladies the scales are at 224 and I am so frustrated. I think I am gonna have to take a water pill, I can not get rid of this fluid. My face isn't so puffy anymore but my hands and ankles are still super swollen. I do not know what I at or drank over the weekend to balloon me up so bad or if it is TOM but I am for sure uncomfortable.

Well better get to work, Check back soon.

RRVMMM
03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh almost forgot, You Louisana ladies have any suggestions on what to do in Baton Rouge? We have decided to go for vacation this year. We have friends that live there that we haven't seen in about 11 years.

GainingWeightInLa
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Robbin, this isn't a recreation suggestion but a valuable one, nontheless....if you'll be out any at all, bring plenty of mosquito spray!!! They're already horrible and it's only end of march! (AND, I live in NW La...they're worse the further south ya go!) We've been doing quite a bit of fishing lately (bought a boat) and they (mosquitos) almost carried us off this last time! It was horrible!!! BTW, take that water pill....you'll feel soooo much better!!

Well girls, I've had a really upset stomach (virus hubby and daughter had? hope not!!) for the last day and a half. Hopefully it'll look good on scales, though. It took my husband down to within 10 lbs of his weight goal when he had it. He's only gained maybe a lb. of it back. (UGH! MEN! Why's it so much easier for them???) Yesterday I made me a hamburger (93% FF beef) and ate 2 servings of tater tots (baked). I didn't add up the total points, but ate a subway sandwich for supper and worked my butt off all day long, so between the upset stomach and all the work, I'm not worried about it at all...scales were hangin' still this morning. I'm hoping for a decrease by Sunday, though!

Got work to do....have a great day everyone!!

meowee
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Just thought I drop in to cheer up all the Southern Belles . . . this is bound to make you guys feel better about your mosquito infestation . . .

. . . we are in the middle of a raging blizzard . . . yes, you read that right . . . BLIZZARD. :mad: Only four to six inches of snow predicted by the end of tonight but the 60 mph winds are making a horrible mess . . . all the schools and a lot of the businesses in the entire county have been closed. OMG, I so hope this is the last storm of the season. :^:

I agree . . . the Preggers are welcome to keep talking about it . . . it is such a wonderful thing. I was exactly the same way with both of mine and it's funny because apparently my Mother was completely the opposite and hardly even had to wear maternity clothes until her 7th month . . . I would have though something like that would have been a family trait. :)

Anyway . . . I had to cancel my original plans for today due to the weather and since I still haven't got the DVD player working, guess I have to resort to laundry and housework to fill my time as I sit around enjoying this beautiful day. :( Ah, Spring in Atlantic Canada.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking fun time doing whatever you are doing. See you soon . . . :carrot:

miafluker
03-29-2007, 09:27 PM
hi everyone how was your day? mine went well wanting to eat everything its weird how one you find out your preg you start feeling like you are. I did do some arm lifts with my dumbells even if my belly gets huge im determined to have well defined arms and legs wont that be a sight:dizzy:

LadyLai
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey ladies! Just thought I should pop my head in before the weekend takes hold of me again. I've been re-doing my daughters bathroom. I decided it should be kid friendly for her, she's only young once. So I bought a whole new bath set. Brown/pink/cream with a little black scottish terrier. I spent yesterday painting the top half of the walls a deep brown and intend on finishing the bottom half of the walls with wainscoting in a cream color this weekend. I'll snap a pic when I'm done to show you what I've up to. Other than that nothing new in my life as far as weight loss...I'm totally disappointed with my efforts. I'm just like a kid here lately...I just won't learn a lesson! I gotta get my thoughts in order and then put them into a plan of action.

I hope you all are having a great day!

By the way Robsia, loved the baby bump! It's so cute. What does your daughter think of a new little brother or sister coming?

meowee
03-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Hope everybody is having a great weekend. Our weather is definitely better than Thursday, but still cold and not what you like to think of as 'Spring'. At least I finally got the new TV and the old DVD player cooperating and the Frog and I are back together again . . . so no more excuses for slacking off with the exercise routines, I guess. :(

New bathroom sounds great TINA :D , I'll be looking forward to the pictures, then you can come down East and work on my house.

Actually I do need to do one thing fairly soon. The mini-blinds on all ten windows in the family room need to be replaced . . . should have been done last year, actually. The biggest expanse of windows (the 20 foot side of the room) faces south and I only put vinyl shades in there in the first place and over the years, the hot summer sun as warped them out of shape. I keep them pulled up during the winter to get as much sun as possible, so I tend to forget about them. Thinking of trying good old fashioned roller-blinds this time round, just for a change of pace . . . better decide soon.

Well, better get dinner under way . . . going to do a shrimp "stir-steam". Hope you all have a great moving and shaking evening. Keep on doing the good stuff as much as you possibly can and the rewards will follow. See you soon . . .:carrot:

anajjana
04-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I hope you are all doing well and congrat to the pregnant ladies here on the board!! I wish you both a wonderful smooth, heathly pregnancy and I hope you both have big healthy babies with heads full of hair!!!

Well the scales are at 209 but I have lost another inch so I've got another NSV!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

GainingWeightInLa
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Just a quick note, everyone (besides hoping everyone's weekend is going okay!)...I'm about to go out in public (boat ride with family) in a pair of shorts!! Now to most, that's not a big deal. But my legs are sooo big (dimply and cellulite galore!!) that I've not been out in public in shorts in literally YEARS!! Ten atleast! This is a big step for me. I'm still very self-conscious. Don't feel like it's time yet, but hubby says I look okay for it. I know no one will laugh, but I'll still feel self-conscious. Maybe tanning bed would help me feel better about it? I have never had a "fake" tan....nor a really good real one! lol Maybe this will be the year I treat myself? It's kinda exciting. I hope I feel comfy enough in my shorts to do this this summer....how nice it'll be to not be the only one scorching in blue jeans in August outside in the sun! Nerve, don't fail me now!

ELEM-PGF
04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Okay gang just another quick pop in for me. Scales were at 241.2 on friday and then i took my batteries out and took it to a friends house to hold it hostage for a while. I am so wrapped up in the numbers that i feel that i have totally lost sight of wanting to become healthy! So no more weighing for a while. The withdrawals are not bad, only one round of convulsions so far! Just kidding, i do miss not knowing exactly what is happening to the numbers but i really do believe that getting healthy is the main priority here and that is what i am focusing on. I have been doing much better with my eating the last few days and am starting to feel better too!

Well gotta run i really need to be heading out to see some patients! Hope yall are having a great day! Erin

meowee
04-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Happy Monday, gang . . . :hug: As usual it has been pretty quite around here this weekend.

Another sunny but cold day shaping up in Atlantic Canada. The weird snow we got last Thursday is still on the ground although the sun has started nibbling away at it bit by bit. Hope the rest of you are having pretty good weather now that April is here.

JANA . . . those inches are much more important than the pounds . . . good work, girl.

DIANA . . . Wow shorts now that will be a real victory . . . not to mention a comfortable one, too.

ERIN . . . great idea to get rid of the scales . . . definitely more important to listen to your body . . . but it is hard.

Not too much else happening around here . . . I'm feeling lethargic as all get out. My BGL is running high and I've got a GD yeast infection. Don't really know why since I have not been over-indulging in any kind of carbs. Oh well, this too will pass. :^: Maybe I'll feel better if I go do some laundry . . . Oh, yeah . . . like that's going to help. :mad:

Hope the rest of you have great moving and shaking kinds of things planned for today. See you again soon . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey girls, just posting the link the for new April thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1636194#post1636194