LA Weight Loss - March SlimFast-ers

View Full Version : March SlimFast-ers

Whittlin
02-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Thought it might be helpful to post a monthly SlimFast thread again since there’s been some interest and questions about it lately.

The plan impressed me because of the Consumer Reports magazine finding that SlimFast was the second most effective mainstream weight loss plan (http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/149140/weight_watchers_slimfast_top_diets/index.html) behind only Weight Watchers.

The comparisons on how long SlimFast Optima shakes help control hunger ("http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S+5801672) also got my attention. If the link doesn't work, here's the url - http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=5801672

For me, I chose exercise and SlimFast for my slimming program and have been very happy. I’m more than 2/3 of the way to goal now. I like the powder for shakes made at home with skim milk, ½ cup crushed ice and fruit, like half a banana. The SF website helps me by reminding me of about how much food to eat every day to stay on their plan. Also I can record my exercise log and weight chart there.

Wanted to thank Paula (OnePerDecade), who suggested a couple months ago in a thread, adding frozen strawberries to a Vanilla SlimFast shake. I really loved adding that "recipe" to my chocolate-and-banana standbys. Now that strawberries are in the produce section again, I’m using fresh ones with crushed ice.

So, if you use SlimFast or have a question about it, pop in and post.

bit
03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I've been on SlimFast for 3 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 12lbs and have gained loads of energy. I've been very busy and haven't worked out all that much, but I am planning on starting tomorrow. This is probably the easiest diet I have been on, and I think I will be able to stay on it until I reach my goal weight.

purplecrush
03-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I am LOVING Slimfast~!! Years ago, my sister used to drink them ALL the time and they were nasty!! But I gave them a shot a week ago and Im LOVING them! I also love the chocolate royale with 2 ice cubes, fat free milk and half a banana..OMG YUM-O!! I lost 5 lbs last week and hope to continue!!

missqt
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm in! I figured I could try this for a week and see how it goes. I need some accountability though! I tend to get sidetracked very easily. But that's no excuse! I know I can get this weight off by July.

My plan:

shake for breakfast, fruit, 1/2 sandwich, veggies and optima bar for lunch, snack bar and fruit, dinner of protein, starch, veggies, yogurt for evening snack.

Hopeso24
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
What is everybodys favorite flavor of slim fast? I tried the chocolate one years ago and it literally tasted like chalk, it was horrible. Also.... any good recipes or add-ins to the shakes??? :dizzy:

purplecrush
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate Royale powder!!!! Its so yummy!! I agree, they USED to taste like chalk, but give it try now!!!! I add a banana in it, so yummy! I cant wait till all the fruits are in season then im going to try the vanilla powder with the fruit. I like the powders better than the mixed cans. I also add a few ice cubes too! This will be the perfect treat for summer!!!

bit
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Today is the start of week 5! I'm feeling better and better everyday:).

My favorite is vanilla (I have never been a chocolate-loving girl).

Whittlin
03-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Cool :balloons: to hear from everyone!

missqt - hey, I'm all for some accountability! Sounds like a great plan. It'll be interesting to see how your week goes. All best wishes - stick to that plan!

bit, that is a terrific report on your energy level, plus even on week 5 feeling better and better! Would you believe one of my local grocery stores had put the Vanilla powder on sale because they were going to discontinue? Huh? I couldn't believe that, but I got a good deal. Another grocery store carries like, a dozen different SlimFast bar/boxed products but few shakes and no powders at all. Go figure.

hopeso24, I think purplecrush just described my favorite shake recipe. But so often the groceries around here carry only Vanilla and Milk Chocolate (both of which I like a lot - it's just that Chocolate Royale is my fave.) I guess the buyers see 2 chocolate choices and just pick Milk Chocolate because it sounds familiar.

Oh, choosing between cans and powders mixed at home? I think the powder ones mix up to have a flavor that reminds me of Jello puddings flavors. Not fast-food-milkshakes-delish, no, but a nice flavor I can enjoy. Sometimes, canned shakes taste like the can. (Sorry if I offended the can drinkers! :hug: ) HOWEVER, having a cold can you could take along with you? :moped: Priceless.

I was down another pound this morning. :cheer: Keeping up with my exercise, drinking my water. We can do this!

missqt
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
My fav flavors are Vanilla and Strawberry (regular). I haven't tried the Optima shakes though and I'm curious about the Capuccino. As far as powder vs can, it's definitely a convenience issue for me. I would like to start my plan on Saturday when I don't have the stress of school to push me off my path to the nearest Panera or Starbucks!

LiviAudsMami
03-08-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm new (Again!) here, but I am going to go on the Slimfast diet! I did it this past summer right before my wedding and just did the powder, fat free milk and ice all crushed up together and LOVED it! I can't wait to try it again! =) I have been soo good ALL week and I am getting discouraged already, so I might as well do this. I have two young kids and go to school so this is going to help soo much! Thanks for the new again idea to start this!

missqt
03-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Just checking in. I've been sick since Friday so I'm going to start a little later than I hoped (this coming weekend). But, I am mentally preparing myself to do this plan. I keep challenging myself whenever I start to think, can I really follow through with this? The mind is important in the weight loss process so hopefully I can get my mind right!

Whittlin
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi there, LiviAudsMami. Glad we were able to remind you what a good idea SlimFast can be.

Sorry you were sick, missqt.

Ran into another sale on powder SlimFast and got the last canister of Chocolate Royale that they had.

I have the Vanilla on hand and am watching the produce departments change with the seasons! purplecrush, what fruits are you thinking of with the Vanilla? Two that come to mind for me are peaches and blueberries.

My exercising is going well and I'm getting in enough water (I count skim milk as part of my water intake - another reason SlimFast powders work well for me!) I'm usually having a half-sandwich with each shake and I take my vitamins with my first shake of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Slimming wishes going out~~~~~~~~~

purplecrush
03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
HI all!

Whittlin- Im going to try strawberries and banana with my vanilla. I have them in my fridge right now!!

As for drinking out of the can, I agree, they taste like the can, so I use a straw!!!! It helps alot!

The Cappucino one tastes so good! I think it tastes like coffee. My mom even drinks them, every day and shes so darn picky!

As for me, I havent been doing so good this last weekend. I got laid off my job on friday :( and now im so sad because I loved that job and my girls (im a caregiver) So I took my kids to the beach for the weekend and ate like crap! Ive done pretty good today, but I feel crappy because of all the stuff I ate this weekend!

I havent exercised either, I havent wanted to do anything. I need to get my butt up though, so I dont get all depressed!

Happy Monday!

edited to add that I just mixed the vanilla with strawberries and banana. Its SOOOO good!! It tastes like a smoothie! I cant wait till summer when all the yummy fruit is out!

bargoo
03-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Love the Cappucino!

Cate426
03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone just a quick question. I am, you could say, a "diet mixer" :D I am currently on South Beach, but I have added some Slim Fast to my diet this week to change things up, lol, anyway, Do you find that drinking a shake for breakfast, snack, and a shake for lunch (I'm assuming with a little something else) really holds you over for the day? You're really not hungry? Thanks a bunch!!!

Whittlin
03-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Cate! welllll - the "little something else" does need to be enough! :D But, no, I don't get hungry.

I get in about the amount of breakfast/lunch/snack they suggest on their site, slimfast.com, and stay on-plan. I don't have 2 servings of SlimFast every day - sometimes I substitute. But I try for the equivalent of, say, their lunch suggestion of a shake with fruit serving and half a turkey-lettuce sandwich. For breakfast and the snacks (there are 2 snacks at my weight) I also try to stick with the amount of food they suggest for my weight. Then I eat a sensible supper with my family without obsessing over every calorie.

bargoo, that Cappucino flavor might just make me buy some extra cans! (doesn't come in my powder) It seems to be a favorite. Glad you posted with us.

purplecrush, wow, that's rough about getting laid off. And from a very personal-contact position, too. Well, getting into the sunshine is good for your wellbeing. Count your blessings often and keep on keeping on!

VirgoChic
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Cate, That would certainly not hold ME over the day. Then again, we're obviously at two completely different weights, so I'm not sure what you would personally need. I just started Slim-Fast today, and this has been my day so far:

Breakfast: 1 Shake
Mid-Morning: 1 Meal Replacement Bar
Lunch: 6 Inch Subway Tuna Sandwich
Mid-Afternoon: 1 Snack Bar

I've taken in about 32 ounces of water so far, and I feel stuffed. The good stuffed though.. not the sluggish one. I've eaten about every 2-3 hours, and my entire day has been only 1070 calories-far less than what I should be eating for my weight, but the important thing is that I feel completely satisfied. Dinner will probably be a bowl of cereal and a shake just to bring up my calories for the day. I hope this somewhat helps!

2muchbackend
03-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi all I'm a big diet switcher just can't decide what diet to do. I did Slim fast for a while but was really hungry so I'm going to do it according the slimfast site and eat with my shakes. Hope we can keep this thread going and do well! Talk to you all later.

VirgoChic
03-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I just realized I never really introduced myself... I'm Tish and I'm a 22 year old college nursing student in NJ. :wave: I just started slim-fast yesterday, and so far so good. I got up to about 1070 calories by like 9pm at night and was still completely satisfied from over the course of the day, but I ate another meal bar just to bring up my calorie intake.

Anyway the real reason I'm posting is because I had the WEIRDEST dream last night. Lately I've been having these "premonition" dreams in a way, and I dreamed that I went to a convenience store and the first thing I went to grab for as usual was junk-- doritos, etc. Then I remembered I was doing slim-fast and I put all the junk back and went to grab some frozen strawberries to add to my shakes and left the store. Just wanted to share that haha :D

Anyway, good luck with your goals everyone!

Whittlin
03-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Whoa, Tish - that IS a great premonition! They say we work out our concerns in our dreams, so maybe your subconcious is laying the law down to your concious!!! Oh, how I love Subway. Nursing is a super-important career. Great good luck.

Carrie, you have a creative handle/name. I really try hard to be happy with my lunch, as far as having a plate that looks like there's something ON it to go with the shake! LOL! I'm okay with breakfast being boring, but lunch needs to be something I'll look forward to and feel satisfied with. I love to change-about my half-sandwiches (tuna, turkey, egg salad) and really pile on the lettuce to make them appetizing and crunchy. Sometimes I make up a tuna salad with a LOT of chopped celery. I think there's a "crunch" factor in keeping ourselves satisfied!

married2asoldier
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Hello Girls! Have been a member here for awhile but this was the first time I have noticed the slim fast thread :) cool! I have been doing slim fast on and off since my hubby left for Iraq last August. I say on and off cause I was also doing ww but counting the slimfast into my daily points. So far I am down 61lbs. I try to do 30-40mins of Taebo everday or at least 5 times a week. I still have 41lbs to go till I get to my first goal of 180 which is not even close to recommended for my age and height but If I lose a hundred and 2 lbs I will feel like I have really accomplished something and then go from there. Hope everyone has a great day!

VirgoChic
03-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Whittlin, I noticed you're well on your way to losing 30 pounds, and I was just curious as to how long that took you. I was also wondering what your typical work out is, how often and how long :^: For someone my weight, I know any exercise is beneficial, but I've read so many contradicting statements -- one said that anyone my weight is wasting their time working out 30 minutes! Anyway, just a few questions :D

Btw guys... I've noticed that my fat grams intake for the day is up at about 50-55.. that's way too high, right? The vast majority of those grams come from my tuna sandwich I like having.. and according to some of my research I should only be getting 10-15 grams.

2muchbackend
03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Well just when I thought I was going to commit to a diet my Dr. really gave me a talking to and wants me to do another kind of diet because of the health problems I'm having. But I hope you all have great success I think slimfast is great. But I'll try the other thing for a while.

2BAbeachbabe
03-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Whittlin~ I was just wondering how long you have been on the Slimfast plan, it looks like you are having alot of success with this program! How much have you currently lost?

Majestic
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi Ladies, I just wanted to say that I LOVE Slim-fast. I have been using the products for a few weeks and have lost 10 pounds. (was at 250 now 240..) I love this plan so much. I drink a shake in the morning and a bar with lunch and than a normal dinner. (sometimes I snack on another bar in the afternoon if I am really hungry). I only drink water and watered down fruit jucie and lemonades. (I gave up sodas a month ago) All I can say is it really works. I was worried about spending the money and it not working. But it is and I couldn't be happier.

Whittlin
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
61 pounds since August! :cp: Oh, married2asoldier, that is such an inspiration, thanks for posting! You are changing your life. There were several monthly SlimFast threads last year, but none since, maybe, last fall.

Majestic, congrats on your 10-pound weight loss in a few weeks, and also on giving up sodas – so virtuous! :sunny: So far, SlimFast certainly hasn’t bitten into our budget here very much. If anything, it may reduce it some.

Carrie, all best wishes on the diet your Dr. has planned for you. Hope maybe it corrects some of the health issues and in the future you can have more options. Thanks for the encouragement! Just come on in and post with us and give us "a talking to", too, if we get slack! :soap: (Hope doctor wasn't too rough on you)

VirgoChick and 2BAbeachbabe, I started both an exercise program and SlimFast program and have been losing since August/September. I’ve gained a lot of muscle and am much more toned and tightened (feels great to this 50-year-old :yay: ), so I’ve actually lost from size 16 to size 12 along with the 22 pounds, which is 13 percent of my original body weight (I started at 170). I want to lose 30 pounds, which will be 18 percent. I’m sure I would have lost more poundage if I wasn’t on the exercise program, but I want to cinch in. The exercise program I chose is T-Tapp, (ttapp.com) a physical-therapy-based video workout. There are free videos of some exercises to try on the site, and a homepage link to results from the “Daytime” tv program’s test of the workouts. Dr. Nicholas Perricone gives it several pages in his new book. They say it gives faster inch loss for the time it takes than other workouts, and from my experience, I’d have to agree. I work out 2.5 hours a week and when I reach my goal, I can reduce that – in fact they suggest it, so I’m a happy camper.

missqt
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm off to the store to stock up for the week. I'm excited about starting tomorrow! I may need to come here for moral support if the first day gets rough... :)

2BAbeachbabe
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I just started my first day. Had my chocolate royale shake with a couple frozen strawberries for breakfast. I thought about waiting until tomorrow since we will be going out for St Patricks day tonight. I figure I will just eat less than I normally would and I will still be better off than if I did nothing at all.

I am really motivated to get a jump on getting some of this weight off before summer! I am trying to make a realistic mini goal for June 1st. I haven't decided what it will be yet. I just don't know how much I will realistically be able to lose by then. I will have to look at the calendar to see how many weeks that is.

Hope everyone has a successful weekend!

Brisco444
03-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi! Long time dieter just starting SlimFast tomorrow. I lost 60 pounds and made Lifetime with Weight Watchers 3 years ago, then we had 2 deaths in the family and both my daughters were diagnosed with special needs. Being a comfort eater, I turned to food. I have gained 90 pounds. At 6'1" I am 272.

After trying a couple shakes I got on sale, I knew i could do this. Plus, my husbands is behind me. So glad to find this thread and hear the great success stories. It will a bit more difficult to exercise this time, as my feet have been affected by my weight.

Can't wait to get started!

Cate426
03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Good for you for choosing a plan! Good luck! I officially started SF today...

akacutie2006
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi Everyone!! :D

I'm so glad I found this Slim fast thread here!! I plan on starting the Slim fast diet tomorrow morning!! I've been a member of 3FC since last summer but I really haven't lost much weight yet. I've done several diets in the past, but I'm new to the slim fast diet (hard to believe that I haven't tried it yet!!)

I'm soo glad that there are others 3FC member's who are doing this diet too!! I could really use some support and accountability!! I tend to start a diet and then start slacking off and soon I find myself off the diet. This time I plan on getting on 3FC at least once a day, to report how things are going and to keep in touch with other Slim fast dieters!! :carrot:

A little more background info on me: My name is Amanda and I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. My lowest weight was In high school when I weighted 160 lbs. But soon after graduating I became pregnant and gained weight, and now 3 1/2 years later I still haven't been able to shed the extra weight I gained during pregnancy.

I was on Weight Watchers last fall and lost 24.5 lbs in 3 months. But then when Christmas and New Years hit I fell off the wagon. And I Stopped counting points and gained weight. I've decided that this time I will try a different diet. That's when someone mentioned the Slim fast plan to me and I thought what the Heck it might work....

Well I start tomorrow morning!! Wish me luck!! I'll be on tomorrow night to tell everyone how my first day goes!! :cheer2:

bit
03-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm glad to see everyone is still sticking to the diet!

I've been supersupersuper busy this week so I have been able to post but I am still sticking to it.... still no sign of much exercise:p...

I'm going to Tennessee over Spring Break (next week), so I don't want to start an intensive work out plan that I wont keep up with over SB. We'll see...

akacutie2006
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
bit: Have fun on spring break!! Are you going to stick to your slim fast diet while on spring break??

Well I really wanted to start the slim diet today, but it just didn't work out. I should of went grocery shopping yesterday to get food ready to start today!!! I tried to start today, I skipped breakfast and headed right to the store this morning but shopping took longer then expected and By noon I was starving and gave in and bought fast food for lunch :( I feel so guilty....

But no more slip ups from now on!!! I will start the slim fast diet tomorrow!! I bought the French vanilla slim fast powder mix and a pack of the pre-made coffee flavor cans (for on the go). I also bought tons of fruits and veggies!! So now I have no excuse for cheating!!!

But on a plus note I did exercise today!!! Yeah!! :carrot:

VirgoChic
03-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I had a set back last night :( There's tension between my sister and I coupled with the stress of school so I turned to fast food for comfort. I know it doesn't ruin me completely and I should just move on and continue with my efforts. I'm gonna try to exercise between my two classes today to attempt to make up for it. Not sure if I'll be able to since I have a test in chemistry later that I need to study for. Other than that, I've been doing alright with my eating habits and hope I can continue!

I hope everyone is doing better than I currently am!

bit
03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
akacutie: I'm not gonna do strictly Slim Fast on Spring Break, but I will probably drink a shake for one meal and try to eat a little healthy (or, at least, healthier than I ate before). But, with a Waffle House and a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance of the hotel...

I do plan on walking alot shopping and site-seeing, and I will have my 1 1/2 year old nephew to run around with.

VirgoChic: The thing I love about Slim Fast is that eating one bad meal isn't going to ruin your diet! It looks like you are already off to a great start and you are very optimistic.

akacutie2006
03-20-2007, 09:57 PM
VirgoChic: I know just how you feel, when I get stressed or upset I turn to food too!! But Stick with it!! You can Do it!! Don't give up!! :carrot:

bit: I'm Glad to hear that your going to watch what you eat while on vacation!!! It would be awful to come back home, to discover you've gained 5 lbs :( And Have fun walking around and site seeing!!!! Sounds like fun!! Wish I would of gone somewhere for my spring break last week. But I ended up staying home, It was still nice to have a week off from school!! :cool:

Well Everyone, I did great today on my first day of the slim fast diet!! I didn't cheat at all!! I had to drive to Detroit today to pick my sister up from the airport, and I brought along my own snacks. A baggie of veggies, another bag of grapes, and a slim fast drink. On the way home I had to stop at Wendy's so my sister and my son could get dinner. Oh the food smelled soooo good, but I didn't eat any of it!!! Oh how I wanted just one fry, but I just quietly sipped my slim fast drink. I'm so proud of myself!! :D

akacutie2006
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering has anyone here done the Slim Fast Jump start plan??? It's where for the first five days you can only have the shakes, fruits, and veggies, and sugar free jello cups?? Well I just found out about it while searching online, and I'm thinking about do that for the next five days??? I Just wanted to get opinions on it??? Did you see faster results when doing the jump start plan versus just doing the regular slim fast plan???

Whittlin
03-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Down another pound this morning! Just redid my ticker (which is so much fun).

Brisco, you have been through a lot! You've proved you can lose the weight and you can do it again! We're glad you're here.

Nice to meet you, akacutie. I've seen the Jump Start Plan mentioned on their new home page but I hadn't researched what it was about. That's interesting - how long would a person do that before moving to regular calorie intake? Good luck with whichever you choose.

Good job sticking to your plan, bit. Have fun on your travels.

One day is just one day, VirgoChic. Just get right back on the plan and continue. Sorry you have had so much stress.

2BAbeachbabe, the SlimFast site gives a calculator for planning how much you could lose, but remember that's from starting point, and most peple lose more as they are starting. For someone like me, I know about the rate I'm losing, so calculate from that. I'm sure a lot of us are thinking about how the change of seasons is going to affect wardrobe !!!!

How's it going, missqt?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone who's posted to this thread! We're interested in what's doin' with you!

purplecrush
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi all! Ive also been really busy, so havent had a chance to come post. Ive been doing ok with slimfast. I usually have a slimfast shake for bfast and lunch, but having a problem with dinner. I usually just have Lean cuisines. As for the meal bars..YUCK.. I stocked up on them because they were 2 for $5 so I picked the yummiest looking ones and I cant stand them. Oh well.

Im glad you all are doing good! Keep up the awesome work!!

liz86
03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I love Slim Fast! I lost a lot of weight on it before... Gained it back of course, but thats my fault.. I like the bars a lot better than the shakes, they are a lot easier for me to stomach. Does anyone know about Slim Fast shakes/bars in relation to Weight Watchers points?

akacutie2006
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Whittlin, Nice to meet you too. The slim fast jump start plan it is supposed to be done for only the first five days of starting the slim fast diet! I guess it's supposed to jump start your weight loss?? I haven't been able to find much info about it yet, but I did find a five day meal guide. So I started it this morning, It seems to be going pretty good. I'll let everyone know how it goes!!

Hi Purplecrush, so you don't like the meal bars? I haven't tried them yet, but I was thinking about trying them?? Maybe I won't now?? I like the shakes anyways especially with fruit and ice added to them!!

Liz86 I did weight watchers before, and I still have my WW Kit, If you tell me the dietary fiber in grams, the calories, and the total fat in grams of each bar/shake I can use my WW point finder slider to tell you how many points they are!! :D Here are a few of the slim fast products I have right now that I can tell you thier WW point values...
1. Slim fast optima cappuccino delight 11oz can = 3 points
2. Slim fast optima French vanilla shake mix made w/ 8oz of fat free milk = 4 points

Brisco444
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Whittlin. I am so pumped! I have been doing SlimFast (combined with entering my food diary on Spark People and already my weight is down two pounds. Yes! I love Spark People's diary, as I am able to track my fiber intake and calcium, as well as calories etc. I have been getting menu guidelines off of the SlimFast site, then adapting it.

I really like the Vanilla shakes, and my favorite new snack is an apple with Peanut butter. I have really come a long way. I ate a McD's french fry from my daughters Happy Meal last night, and it was GROSS. Yay for apples , carrots and bananas!! ;)

akacutie, where are you from--I saw you mention Detroit. I am in southern Michigan also.

Brisco444
03-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh, and I am so PROUD of my husband. He is doing the SlimFast plan with me! Weight Watchers was too restrictive for him, with counting points. He likes the shakes and is eating lots of fruit again. Yay, David!

akacutie2006
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Brisco444, Nice to meet you, I love the vanilla shakes too!! Their my favorite!! I actually Live near Lansing, MI. I just had to drive to Detroit to pick my sister up from the airport earlier this week. Where do you live?? Good to hear that your husband has joined you on the slim fast diet!! It's nice to have support. My sister and I are both dieting together and it's great!! I also found weight watchers to be a little too restrictive and time consuming, having to count points all the time....I find the slim fast plan much easier to do!! :D

Brisco444
03-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Cutie, I'm in Jackson.

I love the SF plan. Although I have heard critics say that SF doesn't teach you good habits, I disagree. I am incorporating some great foods into snacks and meals, and realizing that quantity does not mean healthy, even it was "low point" on WW. I am getting more full on SF by having small amounts of different fruits and veggies at a time, plus a minimal amount of hummus or peanut butter.

I knew how to eat right on WW, but I threw that out the window with stress. I love the SF snack bars--they are filling and sweet. They fill me up when I add a glass of milk or water.

akacutie2006
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow we live pretty close to each other :)

Oh yeah, when I was on weight watchers I could easily find unhealthy snacks that were low in points so I'd eat them. My favorite was chocolate covered raisins :( Which was probably why my weight loss slowed down after awhile because yes I was counting points but I was eating a lot of unhealthy food.

While on slim fast I've been eating much healthier!! I'm having 3 shakes a day tons of veggies and limit myself to 3 fruits a day. I'm actually doing the jump start plan right now, so I don't have an actual meal during the day, but I will soon. When I feel hungry I just snack on green pepper's. They are crunchy and remind me of eating chips!! Strange but for some reason they do?? This is my forth day of the slim fast plan and It has been really easy so far!! I think I could live with doing this for quite awhile!! I'm Glad I decided to start it, I can't wait until my weigh in on Tuesday, to see how much I've lost during the last week!! :carrot:

akacutie
03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Amanda... I don't know how you say the jumpstart plan is so easy.. I am having a **** of a time getting it together.... =) I hope today wont be as bad craving wise etc....

Oh, let me introduce myself. My name is Tracy. I am Amanda's big Sister! :hug: I am 26 years old and have pretty much been on every diet known to man...! I have even done slim fast before twice.... LOL

I have been doing WW and had lost 30 lbs... I just stopped counting points one day and have gained back 14lbs.... :devil: DAMN.... Anyway my sister and I are doing this together again. It helps to have a support so close to you...

It is nice to meet all of you... ::)

TTYL

Oh, Amanda do you want to take a walk today??

akacutie2006
03-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey Tracy,

Nice to see that you've finally decided to Join the 3FC slim fast thread!! It is easy, You can do it!! YOU just need to be eating More VEggies and FRuit!! Then you wouldn't get so hungry!! Don't worry the first five days of the jump-start plan will fly by!! And the excess weight will fly OFF! :D

But yeah we should go for a walk today!! It's nice outside!! I'll give you a call!!

cablgurl
03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
I just noticed this thread and thought i would join in. I have been using slim fast for a year off and on, when i started a year ago i followed the meal plans as they were on the slimfast website. I lost 12 pounds in 3 months. Then i got lazy but i still had a shake every morning, the rest of the day i just choose low calorie foods. I have tried alot of the recipes on the slimfast site and have continued to use them. With the slimfast plan you are basicly eating a low calorie diet with a few shakes and bars thrown in for convenience. So now i dont even bother with the slimfast site i still drink a shake nearly every morning and the rest of the day i count calories.

Lunalore
03-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone! I'm not on the full Slim Fast plan, but I've been using the shakes for breakfast and occasionally dinner for the past week, and I like the results I've seen so far. (6 pound loss since Monday!)

Anyways just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. This is a great thread!

shelby897
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Room for one more?

I had been doing really well watching what I ate and counting calories, then my son had his 4th birthday party yesterday..... so far this morning, I've had a piece of cake, a dish of ice cream and two cookies -- YUCK!!

So, instead of waiting until tomorrow, I'm staring SF immediately -- of course with all the crap I just ate, I won't be hungry until tonight, but then it's a shake for me :D

I'm 36, live in NY, have two boys (and a big kid, my husband!!) and I'm a stay at home/work part-time from here mom!! I had about five years of thin (unfortunately for my husband that's when we met) and then I gained about 100 pounds. I have to change my ticker because I've put weight back on and I can't stand this anymore.

So, I'm off to check out the SF website for my calories, what I can eat, etc.

Have a great day everyone!!

Whittlin
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
What a hummin' thread! There's 50 posts before this one!

Welcome, Shelby - love that signature line quote! Plenty of room.

lunalore, 6 pounds, yippee! Thanks for letting us in on the success.

cablgurl, I don't go to the SF recipes and nutrition trackers as much anymore, either, but it's good to know they're there for comparison. I've gotten a feel for what I want to eat and how much is going to work in the plan.

Hi to Tracy - yep, it's got to be a help to have close-by support. And SlimFast is so uncomplicated that you can easily "speak the language" with others.

liz86, do you find the meal bars or the snack bars easiest? Welcome.

Hi, purplecrush. I've settled on Smart Ones' Lasagne Florentine as the frozen healthy meal with the best taste for the least damage! LOL! When I'm alone for the day (rare, but it does happen) it makes a good SlimFast day turn nearly ideal as far as calories, etc.

I'm happy with how I'm staying on plan. I've had recent compliments from family (can't beat those!). Because of recommendations here, there are Cappuchino canned shakes in my fridge! ;)

I'll be traveling at the end of the month and away from a computer. Whoever gets here on the 1st of April or so, and finds that it looks like we need an April thread, please post us a new hangout!

akacutie
03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
How did everyone do today? Great, I hope.

At work we are doing a biggest loser contest. We weigh-in every Monday. Last Monday I didn't weigh in as I was in Las Vegas on vacation. I was nervous about this weigh-in because of my vacation. Well, today I was down 2 more lbs which put me in third place by % of weight loss... It was my first time being in the top 3!! Yeah.... I was so excited.. :carrot: :carrot:

So hopefully I will have many more good weigh-in with Slim Fast as my WL plan.

I am working on stepping up my exercise plan as well… I might do one day a week now LOL It is not really much of a work out plan.

I hope everyone had a good day!

shelby897
03-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Very nice job -- everyone seems to be doing really well. I'm "officially" starting Slimfast today -- I just can't stand myself anymore! Since Sunday I've gained 3 or 4 pounds (just from all the birthday left overs of my son's I've been eating nonstop). So, time to mix up a shake and get on with my day!! Hope everyone has a great day with no temptations!!!

akacutie2006
03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Wow this thread is really hopping now!! Welcome Everyone!! :carrot:

cablgurl: Welcome!! I've never been to the slim fast site before, but now that you mention it I'll think I'll go check out. I want to see what types of recipes they have.

Lunalore Welcome!!! Sounds like you should join us on the Slim fast plan full time!! Slim Fast is GREat!! :D

shelby897 Welcome!! I remember my son's 3rd B-day last September I did so well on his birthday But the day after there were left overs and I ate a piece of cake!! At the time I was doing WW, so one piece of cake was 12 points!! Ouch!! That's great that you decided to start right away!! I would of been like..."Oh I'll start tomorrow"... And I know how you feel about the ticker, I just decided to remove my old one, instead of moving the weight up. I really didn't want to move it up :(

Whittlin It's always nice to get compliments on your weight loss!! So, do you like the Cappuccino canned shakes?? I love them. I actually just bought the Royal chocolate powder mix that everyone talks about on here, And it's great!! It reminds me of chocolate milk. I think I like it better then the French vanilla powder. Well Have fun traveling, I'll be sure to make an April thread if no one else starts it!!

akacutie Tracy, Yeah That's great that your in third place for the biggest loser competition at your office!!! Yeah!! YOur going to Win!! How many more weeks are left until the final weight in???

So how's everyone doing today? I've been doing great!! But I haven't been able to weight myself, I have discovered that my scale is broken :( And I really wanted to weight myself yesterday because I had been on SF for one week. Hopefully I get a scale by next week and I'll just do a two week weight in!! But I hope everyone has a great day today!!

VirgoChic
04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I think my scale is broken too, which annoys me to no end. The scale would give me readings varying between like 10 pounds back to back! I know your weight fluctuates during the day, but this is ridiculous! :dizzy: I haven't even used the scale all that much, but I've had it for a little over a year now. Just another thing I'll need to buy sooner or later :( Ah well