Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default going WW alone

I am trying to decide what plan to follow. I have tried several, but I
guess I have had the best luck with WW or my own plan. My "own plan"
worked better when I was younger.

My last attempt at WW I lost 10 and over 3 months gained back 3. I have about a 30 pound weight loss to achieve.

I have the materials and I am wondering have any of you had success going it alone? It does cost $44 dollars a month for me if I go to meetings.

I currently have a pad in my kitchen drawer and am tracking, so far I've managed to lose a pound over a couple weeks, not much. I am planning on really increasing my exercise a lot and my other goal is to work on night bingeing, my downfall every time.

I seem to go over my points all the time. Also I houseclean for work, and am wondering if maybe I need more during the day to prevent the night bingeing.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

What does your normal day look like food wise? Possibly you're not spreading your points out in a good way, or not getting in your 8 healthy guidelines. I do go to the meetings, but I also think you can get much of the support you need right here. We'll help you if we can!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Ive tried to do Weight Watchers by not going to the meeting and keeping track of what I eat myself, but for some odd reason, it doesn't work! For me, it's the fear of having someone weigh me and tell me that I gained weight. That's what makes it work for me. Some people are different I suppose. I just feel like the weigh in people disapprove if you gain, so I stress about it all week long and eat healthy. It's worth the $12 for me. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #4  

Thanks,

My breakfasat is usually toast or toast and an egg (4-9 points)
Lunch salad or half a sandwich (4)
yogurt or crackers or nuts for snacks (3-5)
dinner is usually 10 points, (I usually have wine too), we are up to 21 a high of 28, 30 or more with wine., but I also do physical work (typically 4 to 5 hours), and I exercise at least 4 hours a week (I plan on increasing this)

I might add that I am contstantly fatigued. I guess I should say I eat some of my flex points everyday. I usually eat a salad or two, and some veggies.
I am not eating any processed food.(okay maybe the crakcers or tjhe weekly restaurant meal, I do try to be careful, but sometimes over eat in restaurants) I don't like fruit, so I usually drink juice.

What do you think? Is this way off? My daily allotment is suppose to be 22 points. I weigh 170. I was up to 177, so I'm at least maintaining, but I really want to start losing.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #5  

thanks Cyntheria,

What happened was I got to 166, then gained back to 170ish, and just stayed there, for several weeks, so I felt I needed to spend some time analyzing before I kept spending money.

Is it the food I eat, not enough exercise, the wine? I just never had such a hard time losing
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I'm wondering if maybe you need to get back to basics....get out your week 1materials and check to see that you're covering the 8 healthy guidelines of 5 fruit/veggie servings per day, 2-3 milk servings per day, etc. Also, are you weighing or measuring your food? Many times our portions are larger than we think they are. Also double check the juice....points on juice can be very high and you could actually be drinking more points than you realize! Good luck!
Closed Thread