Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Is this right?

This morning I ate cottage cheese with a couple "light" canned peaches on top on my way to work. At my first break I ate a 100 calorie pack of cookies. Then I ate a salad for lunch with ham and cheese crumbles and the best cherry tomatoes ever. I also had a 100 calorie pudding cup just to top it off. Then at afternoon break I had some carrots and cauliflower. I felt like I was eating all day though! I never got a chnce to get hungry..that's for sure. I also had my 100 ounces of water already. I will for sure keep drinkin it but I think I'll allow myself to have a dt dr pepper tonight after dinner. I didn't exercise but I KNOW I got more than 4 or 5 miles of walking in at work. My job requires me to RUN all day after things for everybody. And those men can be demanding.

So, did I do ok for my first day back at work on my diet? Thanks in advance. Did I have too few calories?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, and my cottage cheese was fat free. Don't remember how many calories.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Without knowing what your goals are, food wise, it's hard to know how you did. Some people only count calories, others try to eat a lot of protein, or some such. I can't really tell how many calories you had, or how many you are shooting for.

But, the fact that you seemed to LIKE the food you were eating and weren't hungry is a great sign! I think you should ask yourself how you feel -- and it sounds like you're happy with it! A lot of this process is trial and error -- figuring out what works for you.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

So, did I do ok for my first day back at work on my diet? Thanks in advance. Did I have too few calories?
Count your calories and you'll know
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The calorie range sounds about right, however, I'd do away with the cookies and pudding unless it's a once in awhile thing. You might enjoy them, but they're nothing but empty calories. They do you more harm than good.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #6  

I think you did great! bravo for doing so well your first day at work! I typically eat low cals during the day but eat a lot of mini meals or s nacks, like you did! it keeps me from getting hungry and I find im not famished at dinner time and eat less at dinner because of it, feel satisfied, and a much reduced desire for after dinner snacking! I think that mini snacks etc. and a healthy salad for lunch kept your metabolism on an even keel. I could never eat 1 heavy meal whilst working (it zaps my energy) and to this day ,still cannot! congrats on a great day
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote