Weight Loss Support - So finally...

View Full Version : So finally...

Katnip
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I have gotten serious about eating better and losing weight to get my diabetes, etc under control.

And what does my son do? He gets a job in a doughnut shop. It's very difficult when he brings leftovers home. Should I kick him out of the house? :)

Glory87
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Tell him not to bring them home. Doesn't he get enough donuts at work? As a diabetic, you should be able to ask for complete support from your family.

marbleflys
02-26-2007, 12:00 PM
don't kick him out.....but tell him to give the doughnuts to others, he's not doing you any favors by placing them in the house.

congrats on deciding to control your diabetes, I know you'll feel fantastic soon!

cajungal328
02-26-2007, 12:04 PM
If he's a good kid, don't kick him out.... Just ask him not to bring leftovers home. If he must bring them home, tell him to keep them in his car, or in his room, or someplace where they are not in your sight. Explain to him that you are trying with all your might to lose this weight, and you are trying to control your diabetes without meds, and that weight loss / diabetic diet is not easy, and constant temptation make it all the more difficult for you to succeed. If he loves you and wants you to lose the weight and be healthy, he will understand and do as you ask...

Sometimes, people who have never had to struggle with weight issues, and have never had to diet, they don't realize just how difficult it is to stick to a diet, how hard it is to resist that doughnut :) .... willpower is a "you know what"! God, how I miss doughnuts... LOL