South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Mon.-Fri. with the West Coast Chicks

Morning Girls,

Rain, Rain, go away. Come again another day! So tired of all this rain. I can hardly wait until Spring and Summer and it warms up.

Last week the pool was closed so we had a week off to rest. Believe it or not, I really missed going. But it is opened again starting today so DH and I will be heading for the pool very soon,

I go see Dr. today about a new hip. Getting harder and harder to walk, and with the weather so bad, might as well get it done and back on my feet before the good weather sets in...Wish me luck please.

After I get it done I am going to change my name from Lubajo to Bionic Beach Babe...Someone here suggested that name and I like it very much...Thanks loads.

How is your day shaping up? Only two more days and Feb. will be gone...How close are you to that goal you set for this month? Lets go for it girls...time is flying by fast.

I miss my sis, mamajo very much!!!!

Love to you all, Lu
Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I decided to pop in and "visit" you, Lubajo,you look pretty lonely over here. I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming hip replacement. I know there will probably be a long painful recovery from it, but it will all be worth it in the end. A friend of mine had a double knee replacement right before Christmas, and now that she's almost completely recuperated, it's made a huge difference in her life. She says she'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
It's good to hear you so enthusiatic about getting your exercise. Our Curves was closed this morning because of the weather, and I really enjoyed being able to lounge around in my PJ's while I had my coffee, but I'm going to have to force myself over there tomorrow morning to get it done.
If you get too lonely over here, just join the rest of us in our daily chat - there's always room for you!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey! I had started a post this morning and I got side tracked by the snow! I cannot believe it snowed today, it's staying too! Its very cold for here, I cannot wait for spring!

lubajo - my moms friends got a hip replacement, it was well worth it! It will definitely be worth it Send your rain my way, I'd so rather have that than this silly snow! My Feb goal was pretty hefty, so it's not going so well. I weigh in on Thursday, so hopefully I am down another pound.. at least then I will have made it half way! heh..

Man, this day was SO weird!! I was pretty tired and kinda randomly talked and laughed about everything.. and then a LOT of people around me had a bad day. One friend at work completely ignored me, and wouldn't even LOOK at me! I'm sure it's nothing personal, or so I keep telling myself, but man, that was harsh! I am glad to be home, and even MORE glad that I got a ride home and don't have to slide down the hill sideways to go pick up Josh at 11pm.

Well thats all my babbling for now... have a good one!

-Aimee
Old 02-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #4  

Morning Sweet Ones:

Cottage: Thank you for the well-wishes. Glad your friend is doing so well with her new knees...I have always been glad also that I had my knees replaced, but now I read in the paper that they came out with a knee special for woman...It is more narrow. One thing about the man's knee is it is wider so supports weight more. smile

I hope Curves is open for you today. It is good to get the exercise in. Keep it up while your young kid.

Your very sweet to drop in and post...I miss my sis so much.

Aimee: Your so right about this cold, wet, snowy weather...It's for the pits. I am glad it doesn't snow here as the very few times it has in the past, it is shallow and muddy. Not beautiful like there...I think your snow is dryer than snow here in CA.

So glad you got a ride home and didn't have to slide down the hill to go pick up Josh.

Did you have a full moon there yesterday when the people at work were out of sorts? Ignore them...Keep your smile going...that gets people more than any thing. If their happy, they enjoy the smile..If upset and mad at the world, the smile drives them crazy?

I once was taking a class at the college and yes, always came into the room with a smile on my face...One day a girls says "Here comes that ***** smiling again" I asked her why the name and she remarked..."Because Your always smiling".. I told her "Isn't that better than walking in each morning with a frown or bitter look on my face?"
She admitted yes and said she was sorry for calling me that name....So Amiee, Keep smiling.

As for me: I already had 2 knees replaces and one hip...The one hip left me with a drop foot for nearly 2 years...So when I get this other hip done I will be Bionic from the waist down....

They have a new table and new way of doing the hip now where they go in from the front...Away from the Siatic Nerve. They say you can put your weight on it right away...

Thank you for your good wishes girls...It is set for after the 14th March.

Going to go pick up two youngest grandsons, ages 4 and 2 to have a play day with DH and I until after lunch...and then water class tonight...

Have a wonderful day on SB...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not to worry, SwimGirl. Just keep on being cheerful. I was called "insufferably perky" once!

Lubajo, you definitely will be The Bionic Woman on your side of the border. My dear Aunt Rose who is 94 has had both hips and knees done and, last year, got a thigh bone replaced with stainless steel and ceramic. She is in great physical and mental shape - part Energizer Bunny!

Now no crabbing about snow, you West Coasters! I'm still shovelling although I did send in a plant order today. It won't be here until early may but....

Keep on beaching!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #6  

Goodmorning! Phew, I have been pretty productive so far this morning! I woke up, helped Josh make pancakes and got his lunch ready. I drove him to work, mailed 3 cards, sent my mom a book, and went to THREE banks! It was kinda crazy, but I've accomplished 80% of the things I wanted to for the week, so I am happy with that!

lubajo - all this talk of hip replacement - I must be having sympathy pains as my right hip/upper thigh is bothering me. I think its my runners, time for new ones I guess. We have really wet snow, it makes tree's fall down it gets so heavy! It can be really beautiful though. I wish I could figure out how to downsize on this computer, we had a week of snow earlier in the year. This is pretty unheard of here in Vancouver, it was super cold, so it all stayed for that week. We had to park halfway up the mountain we live on and walk up, no way the car was going to make it up.

I am generally a pretty positive smiling person, some people do get to me though. When I have a bad day I talk about it, I don't take it out on others. People are just so unaware of the consequences of being really crabby to everyone. I don't want to be that person.. I prefer being happy!

I decided to go back to phase 1 to get rid of cravings, but they became WORSE. So forget that, I'm going to phase 2 so I can have the things I crave, like strawberries, yogurt and 1% milk blended! I reallly want that! heh..

-Aimee
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

But SwimGirl, you can have milk and yogurt on Phase I. Were you depriving yourself? Or going by the book foodlist which is out dated?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #8  

Ruth - I want the strawberries blended with the milk and yogurt, it's just a very yummy smoothie. It's the combo of all three that makes it so yummy, by themselves they are ho-hum.

Phase 2 is totally confusing to me, I never know if I should encorporate phase 2 foods into each meal, or if I should start slowly and only do a phase 2 item at one meal per day? Also, phase 2 doesn't seem very restrictive and that feels weird to me! Lifestyle change... lifestyle change.. makes sense when I remind myself of that though.

Also, I exercised yesterday! It was definitely NOT easy, but it will get easier. It was actually nice to have the feeling of sweat dripping down my face, I am totally not normal at times.. heh..

Where are we all?

-Aimee
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #9  

Ruth: Insufferable Perky! How cute! Really...
I thought with me having 2 knees and a hip and now the other one that was rare, and now you tell me about your Dear Aunt Rose! Oh my, what a brave woman she is to go even further and get a Thigh replacement...Oh my...Please give her a big hug from me clear from N. Cal. And she's 95! wow! puts me to shame...

Aimee: Hey Baby, please don't run in worn/out or down runners. They can add more stress on your joints and you will pay for that in later years...Please.

Honey, I like your positivity...Keep it up and keep smiling.

As for me: DH took Young grandsons home, ages 2 & 5. Nice to be a grandparent as when you get too tired, home they go...all the fun but very little stress.

The 5 year old is going through a stage where every other word seems to be, WHY! WHY!...that gets wearing fast.

We read books, watched Little Lulu Cartoons and dressed bears up in different clothes. Fed them a sucker (they sure know where grandma keep those), peanut butter and apples. Pretty good diet...At least the Apple makes up for the sucker.

Off I go for the day...Water class tonight. Rather stay home but need the class.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #10  

lubajo - no running on worn out runners for me! That definitely doesn't feel nice. I did go for a walk today, and it worked out the "kink" I had in my right thigh area.. no more pain And I walked for over an hour I think, it was good to be out in the sun. Before the snow hits tonight.. yuck. Sounds like you had a great afternoon with the grandson's.. the "why" thing might annoy me, normally I can handle lots of questions, but "why" isn't much of a question.

Just watching Oprah, its a pretty good one.. about ABC new anchor Bob Woodruff. Interesting story, with a happy ending!

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 02-27-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #11  

Morning Everyone, Yep, only 10:20 here. Just got home from water class and a rip snorting game of water Vollyball.

Seems our pool hours will be changing next week. The local Lumber Co. is in to Bankruptsy and in order to cut expenses they naturally cut back on community things first.

A real shame that the Oldest Redwood Mill In the US is going under. A guy from TX bought it years ago with junk bonds and raped the timber and milked the mill dry...Now more and more families out of work.

For years this place has given every child, whos father or mother worked in the mill, 2-4 year college Scholarships...Well. this years College kids didn't get their college bill payed for this quarter. A big shame. This was an old time policy that was in the contract when this guy bought the mill.

Pople sometime ask me..."Oh you live where there used to be Redwoods". My answer is, "Redwoods grow back from the stump...one of the hardest trees to kill. There are more Redwoods than any person can ever see in their lifetime. What people call Old Growth today is really Second, Third and Four Growth...All the Real old Growth is safe in parks....

Excuse me sounding off...but I found out years ago...NO company really cares about their workers...Just the all mighty dollar.

Tomorrow is weight in day...Hope every one did as good as possible for a short month....Read your post later.

Aimee: Glad the Sun was out and you got to go outside to walk...Enjoy every moment when the sun is out.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #12  

lubajo - I would be pretty unimpressed with all of that. It's very sad to see companies struggle, especially one that actually GIVES back with the college scholarships!

I did get out in the sun yesterday, and then this morning I got out in the SNOW! My friend and I got a little wet, because it melted the second it hit us. But we walked and talked, and it was a nice walk, and we went out for an hour and 5 minutes.

Today I work from 1-5, I love love love the idea of having a short shift Hopefully it makes the day go reallly fast! Tomorrow is WI day so I have to eat pretty light at dinner, and low on salt. Hopefully I see 219 tomorrow morning Cross your fingers for me!

Have a good one

-Aimee
Old 02-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #13  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies! I am not on the west coast, but I am a beacher so I hope you don't mind if I join you.

I am SOOOOOOOO hungry today. I think it has something to do with my cycle, I am due to get hit by the evil Flo in about 12 days or so...I just cannot eat enough! I had my veggie quiche cups, I had hummus and celery for snack, I had a LOT of steamed broccoli and a piece of grilled chicken for lunch an hour and a half ago, I have had 64 ounces of H20 already, and my stomach is screaming at me as I type right now. So, I made another cup of coffee and I am chowing down on some low fat turkey. We'll see how it goes...

I am thinking of doing omelettes for dinner tonight; I have some eggs I need to make soon before they go bad, and omelettes are pretty filling for me. Maybe that will help...

I also discovered the best snack ever last night; some microwaved until crispy turkey pepperoni and a wedge of laughing cow light. YUM. So much better than chips, but it gives you the feeling like you are eating junk, just like chips. I highly suggest that snack if you haven't had it before.

I hope you are all having a great day! Your weight loss and goals are very inspiring to me, as I am sure they are to many others. Happy beachin'!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #14  

Welcome Jamie! I hate those hungry days! Sounds like you are coping well, so just keep at it!

I'm having a NOT so good day, my scale just isn't budging. Well thats not true, I'm gaining. I seem to have gained 3-4 pounds from this exercise I've added in. I honestly don't get it, I thought exercise was supposed to help you LOSE the weight?!? I am pretty discouraged today, I don't get whats going on. I know my sugar intake is low, not having tons of bread or fruit. Anyways, I will keep a closer watch on things. I am just feeling discouraged at how hard I'm working and that my results aren't there.

-Aimee
Old 03-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #15  

Morning Girls...The weekend is here and at least it is not raining today in N. CA.

Jamie: Welcome here. Always nice to read a new post. You lost a lot of weight before, proving that you can do it. So go for it girl...Again you will be successful.

We all have days when we seem to be extra hungry. Sometimes going for a walk, or getting busy in a special project helps take our mind off of the hunger. I cleaned all my closets and drawers, and that helped me. Hang in there and you will lose it again.

Aimee: You and me both girl. No more weight loss since sis left on her cruise...Can I blame it on her? She will be back home tomorrow night and I can hardly wait to hear from her. Terrible when you live so far from each other and busy with families. At least I still have her...She is the last of my family of 2 sisters and 2 brothers.

We sound like we are both exercising. Is it that this food plan is getting old? I think I need to read the book again.
Maybe that will help me get started again....

I know that next week sis will be here and back with me, encouraging me onward.

Have a good day! We can do it!!!! This is a new month !!!
Closed Thread