Support Groups - Beat The Bulge- Game 14!

View Full Version : Beat The Bulge- Game 14!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Everyone! Welcome to game 14!! I'll be getting this thread and the "BTB Points" thread stickied so it's easy to find! This thread is for daily check-ins and chit chat and the BTB points thread is strictly for points.
Feb 26th -March 19th

Heres the "RULES":

Exercise
2 Points for every half hour of exercise
*HALF points are allowed*

Water
1 point for every 1/4 gallon/1 litre/32 oz.

Meals
2 points for every healthy meal (max 3 meals a day)
*yes, some of us eat more than 3 meals a day but they will be considered snacks after the first 3!

Snacks
1 point for every healthy snack

1 point for not eating anything after 8:30 PM

5 points for every pound and/or inch lost!!

Minus Points

-deduct 2 points for every unhealthy meal
-deduct 1 point for every unhealthy snack

Wide in Winnipeg
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Bumping this up so it can be seen!

ArtsyGirl
02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone! Its hard to believe we are on to game 14!!!!!!!!

My weekend went nicely. I stayed better foodwise than I have in a few weekends. It wasnt' perfect, but it was a step in the right direction.

Down 2 pounds for the week! So close to goal it hurts.

Good luck for the new game.

haeyu14
02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
this sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in! How often to we tally points?

LaBonita
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey everyone! I thought I'd join in for this game....I already made my page for points in the points thread. I'm excited to see how well this works for me! I'm also excited to get to know everyone. Good luck on the first day....although I'm sure you "veterans" don't need much luck, you're so used to this. LOL. But good luck anyway :)

canadian mom
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh believe me some of us still need luck and a couple kicks in the...... well you get where i am goin with this. We all have trouble staying on track once in a while sometimes more than others. I think the rest will agree with me. lol

Welcome to everyone who is new and good luck!

ArtsyGirl
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
cmom-3 pounds to goal!!!!!!!! How exciting for you!

canadian mom
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes it is. I will be probably lower it again this was my first goal, to be in a healthy bmi by a few pounds. Look at you you are just as close as I am you only have 4 pounds. :yay:

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
HI!!
Well, I also lost a pound!!! I don't remember the last time that actually happened ! I did lose a couple pounds 2 weeks ago but that was because I was sick so it didnt count. Yippee! We are all doing great!
Haeyu14 and LaBonita~ Welcome to the game!
We tally the points every month!
Off to the Dr. for a follow up, wish me luck!

sotypical
02-26-2007, 01:52 PM
i see we bumped up exercise points! hehe didnt notice that before

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
CT Scan came back free and clear!!!
I'm going out for dinner tonight to celebrate! I'll be a good girl though!!
Check in later!

sotypical
02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
happy to hear everything was ok wendy!

canadian mom
02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear test came back good!

ArtsyGirl
02-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Congrats Wendy-Hope that means your blood clot dissolved itself.

JasonsLea
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats on the WL and the cat scan Wendy!

So I have less than a week (supposedly) till I move into my apartment. I decided that the date that I move into my apartment will be my official 'start' date. That way, the only 'distractions' will be of my own making, ya know? I can't wait! It will be nice to open the freezer and not look straight at a carton of Moollinuem Crunch or open a cabinet and see Doritos and Chips Ahoy.

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks Girls!!
hey Shari. where do you get all the name signs? I'm interested in doing a few for myself and some ladies on my MOMS site!!
Gosh, 9:30 at night and I still have to exercise!!! Ah, I'm good for it....better get my butt in gear!!
have a good sleep gals!

JasonsLea
02-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I request them on various sites. I have loads but I can only use a few cause you can't have big sigs on this forum.

summerlove
02-26-2007, 11:01 PM
May I join? :]

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2007, 11:03 PM
May I join? :]

Absolutly!! Welcome to the game Summerlove!!

LaBonita
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Gosh, if I haven't worked out by 9:30, I'd be way too lazy to do it. Good for you for exercising this late!

I did pretty good today. I got on the scale and it said 144....seeing as I've only "partially" been serious for the past two weeks, and at that time I was 148, I'm thinking it's water weight. But who knows...I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be able to see that number again come my actual weigh-in day!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Trust me, if it wern't for my 3 year old reminding me to do my "tummy exercises" I'd be trying to think of a way to get away with it! LOL!

JasonsLea
02-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome SummerLove!

WOOOT for your 3year old Wendy!

2frustrated
02-27-2007, 05:50 AM
:wave: Hello!

I'm sneaking in... I think I did well yesterday, and I'll be pretty much On Plan today. I'm just losing out on my exercise today, just an hour in the gym at lunch since we're going to the theatre tonight. :) Ah well, I think sometimes I need a rest! :lol:

LaBonita
02-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I was looking to see how well I did compared to everyone else with points...I must say, I have a LOT of work to do! LOL. I only got 7 points, and here I thought it was one of my best days in a long time. Oh well. I guess it's something to work up to!

I love the quotes in your signature 2Frustrated!

sotypical
02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I am thinking about starting a website about my journy losing weight... in hopes to inspire other young girls - but I dunno what to call it; any ideas?

RidiculouslyAddicted
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Hello,

I had a bad start to my day and ate a not so healthy snack, so I'm down a point for the day. Maybe I'll just have to drink more water to make up for it. Had a great day yesterday, but a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff came up last night/this morning that's stressing me out a bit ($$$ electric bill, injured boyfriend, boyfriend's grandma died, boss being a jerk, desk broke) and I caved -- ate 15 macadamia nuts, 4 vegetable chips, and 1/10 of an Atkins bar... in addition to my scheduled snack of cottage cheese. So, it's not as bad as it could have been, but I'm a little disappointed that I reacted to the stress that way.

RidiculouslyAddicted
02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
So... are half points allowed for water, too? Like if I drink 2 cups, that's a half point?

I had another question but every time I come back to this thread, I forget...

RidiculouslyAddicted
02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Ooh, I remembered!

The points for losing weight/inches: If I both measure and weigh, do I count inches lost AND pounds lost, or just one or the other?

I guess this is really just a game against ourselves, right, so it probably doesn't matter too much?

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Water is very important to have when you are dieting/exercising! Try your very best to get the 32 ounces in! So in because it's so important, no 1/2 points allowed!

As for the points for the points for the pounds/inches you could both if you lose a pound you count it and if you lose an inch you count that too!
Just popping in quick! I'm just heading over to the TV to GET ER DONE!! wahoo!
Cath ya later!

sotypical
02-27-2007, 03:18 PM
you can get points for pounds AND inches? damn, I would of been measuring had I known! lol

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2007, 04:05 PM
ROFLMAO!! Courtnie, it's alway been that way!!!

Well, I'm done!!I'm all exercised out for the day, but I feel good!
Time for a snack!

sotypical
02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
guess I just didnt know that! wow, to think of all the inches ive lost since I started the game? wow!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, bed time here!
Catch ya all tomorrow! I'm taking Ryan to McDonalds for lunch since we didnt make it out on Sunday, good golly wish me luck with that! LOL!
Chat before we go..

ArtsyGirl
02-28-2007, 05:56 AM
Good Morning everyone! I had a really busy day yesterday and didnt make it here to post. I did stay on plan with everything though so I'm feeling good about that. Today should be relaxed. I have a few errands to do, but dont have to be at work til 7ish.

Wendy-behave yourself at McDonalds! No crawling through the pipes! Seriously I had to go up in those to retrieve my neice once (before I lost weight) and I had a terrible flash of someone having to come tear the thing apart to get me out.:o Luckily now I can scoot through pretty fast when necessary.

Courtnie-I used to measure and weigh way back in the first couple of games, but haven't for about 10 months. That'll sure kick up your number!

RAddicted-I hope you got out of your point deficit and did wonderful yesterday. Stress is a killer with my eating. I do hope you have a better day today. Hope bf's injury isn't to severe and he's doing well, and I'm sorry for the loss you are experiencing with his gmom. Some days just dont seem worth getting up do they?:?:

Jen-Welcome to the game! What did you see at the theater last night?? Gosh its been way to long since me and DH have gone anywhere. I hope you had a wonderful evening together. You're a newlywed aren't you? Congrats.

LaBonita-The best part about tallying points is to get us each moving to be close to everyone elses. That little competitive spark.:devil: Seriously, it does inspire ya to make better choices throughout the day. I'm glad you're off to such a great start.

Summerlove-:welcome3:

Shari-:wave:

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm off to meet my walking buddy for our 4 miles. Have a great one!

2frustrated
02-28-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm logging half points for water as I go through the day, otherwise I'd forget! But I'm adding them up and then rounding down now you've said no half points for water ;)

Brandy - we saw David Strassman - www.chuckwood.com he was SO funny! I laughed so hard I was crying! :lol3: I'M NOT A TURTLE :D Bless his Ted E Bear! He stole the show! We really must make an effort to go out more since the tickets for that show were about the same as cinema tickets. We are indeed newlyweds! :)

Had a great day yesterday apart from a silly flapjack for tea! But meh, wotcha gonna do? I was hungry!

Today I'm REALLY hungry and I've no idea why. :mad: I don't like to be this hungry, it makes me think I'll over-eat. (I've just started Intuitive Eating) I'm still trying to figure out if it's real hunger or not. I suppose if I tell myself I can't eat for an hour I'll soon figure out whether it's "real" or not! :p

haeyu14
02-28-2007, 09:40 AM
So... since we get points for pounds and inches... where are we measuring to get our inches?

LaBonita
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I didn't do so well yesterday. I spend the whole day on campus on Tuesdays (9-5), so that's to be expected. I'm going to have to learn to pack my lunches the night before, because I can't seem to wake up to make my lunch...otherwise I'm late for class.

I can never seem to get 32 ounces in in a day....I can get 24, but 32 is proving to be impossible for me. I did it Monday because I was really thirsty, but I rarely can do it. I'm going to need to work on it so I don't see a "0" there every day!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
So... since we get points for pounds and inches... where are we measuring to get our inches?

I usually measure bust, waist, hips, thighs and arms!

Just getting ready to head out to McD's, I'm going to have a salad so no worries there!
have a great afternoon gals!

RidiculouslyAddicted
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm having a better day today, although yesterday was still a good day, just OP for that ONE snack. Overall, I've been quite good since I started (I'm halfway through week 8 now).

I'm determined that today I'll make it to 16 points -- I've already done 30 minutes on the bike this morning and I'm going to MAKE the time to do 30 minutes of weights tonight.

Boyfriend's foot seems much better now, we were scared it was broken. He and I are both doing okay with the loss of his gma, but his mom's not doing great, and everyone's kind of concerned about his gpa. To lose someone after living with them for over 60 years has to be extremely devastating. Plus he's not in the best of health and can't really cook for himself, KWIM?

Hope everyone's having a great day!

JasonsLea
02-28-2007, 06:50 PM
:wave: everyone! Uneventful day, went overboard on hersheys, got some stuff done for the apartment, moving day is Tuesday!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi everybody!! I just got home from a hectic day of McDonalds shopping dinner at my parents, taking Mom shopping again and finishing my exercises while giving Ryan a bath! Wow, time for bed!
have a good sleep!

ArtsyGirl
03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Good morning gals. Today is my blood draw for the retesting. Wish me luck. Maybe the protein level fixed itself and I wont have to further pursue the problem. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Its no problem to stay on a baby asprin a day, but I really dont want to take blood thinners the rest of my life.

I'm on a rest day so no exercise planned. I've got a coffee date with DH since I'll be up near his work for the blood draw. That'll be nice. I really dont see much of him early in the week because our schedules dont mix well.

Jen-that act looks really cool. I'm glad you were able to see him. Hungry days are the worst, especially when your not sure why your famished.

LaBonita-did you get your lunch packed today? Can you take a water bottle with you into your classes? I find if I always have some with me, its just natural to drink more.

RAddicted-Glady that you're doing well with your plan.

Shari-WooHoo!!! Moving day is almost here. What a patient gal you've been.

Wendy-hope your busy day was a good one.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Ok I have hit the bottom...I found that I cant ware some of my jeans and I need to get back on track for sure now. I have got my food and I am really ready to get started again. I have been really busy here today cleaning. I ate a good breakfast today. I have more good stuff planed for the rest of the day. I cant take it any more I got to lose this again!!!

I will keep up with my points I had to get the new point system. I put this in my book.

Now I got to get a workout in and I will be doing good I made my self a deal to get on line every day and talk to yall and other friends who are doing the same as I am that way I can stay on track.

Let me go get my score card on the other thread!!!

Talk to yall tomorrow. Or alittle later!!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Brandy, please feel free to call me Shelby! You don't need to type out that long user name! Good luck today!!

Today I woke up feeling icky. My eye is swollen for no apparent reason, and after I worked out and ate I felt like throwing up. I didn't work out too hard, and I didn't eat too much -- nothing was out of the ordinary, in fact. But I was REALLY tired this morning despite getting enough sleep, so I think I'll give myself tomorrow off for workouts.

Hope everyone has a great day!

canadian mom
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I ahve gotten 1 little of water in me so far. water is my downfall I do so well then all of a sudden am unable to drink enough for a while but I may be getting back on track I may not make it 2 litters but I will try.

haeyu14
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
ladies, I've been drinking mad amounts of water the last couple days and the only reason I can think of is I'm trying to get all the points I can for it. lol... I wouldnt' complain, but the bathroom is on the other side of campus than my classroom is. My poor students have to hangout outside my door to wait for me to come back. :)

I love this point system... It's so much easier to get motivated to do my exercise or not eat late, etc. since I know I get points for it. Many thanks to whomever started this game!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone! Snowing like mad here and my plans to take Ryan to a movie is cancelled, good thing to because I was so going to get the large popcorn! LOL!
Exercise will happen sometime today, I'm really starting to like it,especially the strength training part.
Haeyu~ I started the game but if it wernt for the people playing it we just simply wouldnt be here!
On that note thank you all for playing and keeping the game going!!!

LaBonita
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
AHHH!!! I'm starting to lose my motivation here....I'm slipping! I had pop (going against my Lent challenge) and 4 pieces of pizza today (thin crust), plus 2 Girl Scout cookies. :( :shrug:

Rosario
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been around but I have been so out of it. We lost one of my cousins a couple of weeks ago and I went to LA for a couple of days for the funeral. It was so heartbreaking and I just haven't felt like eating right or posting. But I am starting to or at least trying to get back into things. I'll try to be back in the game next week as I feel my stomach expanding and I am tired of eating junk.

Wendy and Hsmomx2 - thanks for the msgs!

Chat with you guys later.

ArtsyGirl
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Ro-I'm so happy to see you posting. I was concerned about you. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your cousin. Grieving takes time and I understand taking a break from some aspects of your life sometimes is very necessary. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

La3y-I'm also very happy to see you back. I've thought of you a lot lately. I'm glad you're re-committing yourself to your program. I know you've had a very hard time the past year so let us all help and support you.

Well, my blood has been drawn and I'm feeling so apprehensive about getting results next week. I just want this to all clear up on its own. (Yes, at this moment I'm dealing with everything with DENIAL.)

Take care.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
LaBonita~ :kickbutt: Get your butt back on the wagon!!!

Rosario~ Glad to have you back Hun. So sorry for your loss, we are here for you if you want to chat or yell. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy if you like.

Brandy~ I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Just getting ready to buckle down and get the exercise done:rolleyes: I don't feel like doing it but I know I'll feel 100% afterwards.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Thank you Thank you so much!!! I have done good today. I had lots of water and will try not eat after 8:30. It has been a long year and I hope to get this thing under control.

JasonsLea
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
RO! :hug: :hug: :hug: Welcome back sweetie, I missed you. Sorry for your loss. :(

:wave: everyone! Today was a day of cravings! But guess what? I didn't give in...AT ALL! I haven't done that since....my very first run of WW almost two years ago! I resisted the juice, the muffin, the bacon, the soda, the chocolate, the fries, and the pie! Thankfully, my lil sister and brother had already ate the rest of the pizza by the time I got home so I didn't have to resist that. Now my piggy bank is in the positive! :D

Wide in Winnipeg
03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Why do I wait till night time to do my exercises??? I had all day to do it and get it all over with but no, I wait till the bitter end! LOL!
Well, have a good night gals, we are off to bed early...maybe!

sotypical
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
oh rosario - I am so sorry to hear :( I hope you and family are okay. I was worried about you!

ArtsyGirl
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Happy Friday Ladies! I just finished my workout and am feeling really good right now. I dont have anything serious to do today, just piddly little errands. My sis and neice decided to join me this afternoon to do them so they'll be fun instead of tedious.

Sooooo, why are all the fish dinners during lent FRIED???????? If someone offered baked it'd be so nice, but that doesnt happen around here.

Courtnie-What's up??

Wendy-I could never work out as late as you do. If I havent finished by 10 am, I usually dont get it in.

Shari-Way to go avoiding your craving! I hope your roommate does work out. It is so NOT fun when living with roommat problems.

LaBonita-One bad meal is not the end of the world. Jump back on the wagon!

haeyu-I'm glad this game is motivating you. Your body will eventually start to get used to so much water so not so many visits to the restroom. You're doing great.

Shelby-(I usually do the post reply and your name never shows and I have a terrible memory thus I've been using your user name) I hope you're feeling better. I definetly promote days off when feeling like that. Its no fun trying to jump around when your feeling queasy.

cmom-Drink up!!!!

OK, off to get ready for the day. Have a great one.

2frustrated
03-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Drink up indeed! I'm a little down on water, but I'm also a little down on food. I've just spent most of the morning in a wierdy flat stress-spin since I talked with my kickboxing instructor and he managed to mess up some stuff for me, but it's sorted now, so I have returned to the land of the sane!

Roasario - :hug:

haeyu14
03-02-2007, 10:01 AM
~Brandy... fish are always fried in MI cuz that the only was us michiganders know how to eat fish! I envy you though... I'm so far from my walleye... and fresh perch... I just cannot get decent fresh fish in FL... How about this... you get the fish and I'll bake it. :)

~LaBonita... have you tried the new GS cookies? They are a reduced fat oatmeal cookie. I don't have the numbers on them in front of me, but they are really really good! As long as you don't eat the entire box you're okay to have a few too. :)

~WIW. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm eternally grateful that you started this game!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies. I won't be posting over the weekend, as I do not have internet at my house yet. I'm hoping for an on-track-weekend as my sister arrives tomorrow and I know she'll unknowingly be offering temptations to stray from my program. I'll let you all know on monday.

:) lena

LaBonita
03-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Lena - Unfortunately, my mom only ordered the fatty kinds....thin mints, peanut butter patties, peanut butter sandwiches, and caramel delites. :shrug: Oh well....at least I only had 2 cookies. So I'm happy I was able to have a little self-control.

Shari - Great job on resisting all those temptations! That would have been a tough one for me...and I probably would have given in to a couple of them

La3y - Welcome back! I remember seeing some of your posts a while back :)

Okay, so yesterday, the first half of the day was bad. But I picked myself up and got back on track for the second half. I was so proud of myself, because that never happens. I usually just give up, and decide to start over the next Monday. Not this time. I'm in this thing for the long haul now...no matter how much I screw up. Now it's time to go get a big glass of water and ice!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Yes I have been a bad girl lately but I am back and the warn weather here is helping me lots. Ok Wendy I have done my workout for the day and its time for you to get on the ball. You know me and my walking so get it done!!!

I am doing so good today. I know its going to get better and better.

I hope yall have a great day!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
HAHA LAZY!!! Ok, first lunch then a workout!
Glad everyone is so positive today! I have to make some lunch then after an hour or so I'll get my butt in gear and get a workout in, the earlier the better today because I want to get some cleaning done so I don't have to worry about a dirty house this weekend.
I'll be back to check up on you all later!

Rosario
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Sooooo, why are all the fish dinners during lent FRIED???????? If someone offered baked it'd be so nice, but that doesnt happen around here.

This was actually my favorite part of Lent....before I started watching what I ate (which I actually started today). I used to like seeing all the signs go up at McD's advertising the 99cents filet-o-fishes lol

Thanks for all the kind words and thanks for being the great group of gals that you are :hug:

I am actually on track today. Been eating right and downing my water. There was no loss or gain at today's weigh-in but I'm happy with that considering all the crap I've been eating lately. I've finally come to realize that it's going to be hard to get to where I want to be. But I know if I want it bad enough, I can get there.

Have a great weekends chicas! Be safe and be good!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok. I did it. I did all the exercises I'm supposed to today! I'm starting to see some differences in my body, some firming up and definition, way freakin cool!

sotypical
03-02-2007, 05:52 PM
so I am going to Vancouver tomorrow to meet a brand new little boston terrier puppy! My friend is getting tonight, i am so pissed off where he got it from, but i want to see it anyway. And i havent seen him in ages!

I probably wont get a weigh in this weekend :(

canadian mom
03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Isn't it amazing Wendy how quick you can see results when exercising. I have added more reps to some of my free weight exercises and am seeing a difference in just 3 days (i do them every 2nd day) so I will probably not have a loss this week cause of water retention in my muscles i just cannot seem to get my water in again.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
CMOM~ Yes it is amazing!

I don't expect a loss this week because of the water retention and a visit from AF, oh well, maybe the scale will be good to me next week!
Going shopping, chat later!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm bloated..blah..
Have a good sleep girlies!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
HI! Just popping in to see if anyone was around...

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I found out what made my scales look so bad this week TOM has come......Oh well I will expect great things next week....

Wide in Winnipeg
03-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey CMOM we should get Tom and AF together so they can bugger off! LOL!
I'll be starting with TOM either tomorrow or Monday, yippee.
Well, me thinks I'm cutting out early here tonight, I'm done my exercises and I ate well and I'm full of water so I'm in an OK place right now!
Have a good night there ladies!

canadian mom
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
That is a good idea Wendy lol. Well this weekend is a bust for junk food we watched a movie last night and i had some chips and today we celebrate my sons bday so i will be having cake (his favorite chocolate with peanut butter frosting) oh well I am just not even wieghing this week.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-04-2007, 02:56 PM
UGH..I'm bloated!! As usual I'm not reporting a gain or loss this week because of AF's arrival. I always gain 4-6 pounds so I'm not even going to look at the scale until next weekend.

Going to go exercise now, ciao!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Well its a day of rest for me here today. I have been good on my eating. I will start back on the workout tomorrow. I have a 30min walk and lots of weights planed for tomorrow also. Have a great Sunday ladies!!

LaBonita
03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Just checking in to say hi! I usually disappear on the weekends...maybe I should make a point to check in on the weekends as well. That way I won't get so off-track with my eating and exercising!! LOL

Wide in Winnipeg
03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Girls!!
Hey look I still have 13 mins to scoff down some food!!! Just kidding!
All is good here, I got the exercises done when I got up today so I'm all free and clear for the rest of the noght!! Cool!
Well, I have a killer hreadache so off to bed for me soon, chat tomorrow!

Oh ya, did I mention I'm bloated?? LOL!

ArtsyGirl
03-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Morning ladies. I hope you all behaved better than I did this weekend. I dont know what got into me:o , but I haven't eaten that badly in a long time. It all started with the birthday cake the Cat in the Hat gave to me at the grocery store on Saturday. I should have said no :no: but that was number one in a long string of mistakes and bad choices. By bedtime last night I was so sick I thought I might:barf:

OK, enough of that, I'm back on track today and going to drink so much water my body has to flush some of the Yuck out.

hsmomx2
03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Ro- Glad to see your back. Sorry for your loss though.

For some reason I'm really struggling for this game and that last one I didn't finish due to all that was going on in February. :-( I'm trying really hard not to give up! On to the postive side, dd passed her black belt test Friday so her promotion is today. Ds's pink eye is about gone and his black eye (got Tuesday) is looking a lot better. I've also gotten 1/2 of dd's books for this coming school year ordered.

sotypical
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
It was an amazing weekend, the puppy wasnt quite right though :(

JasonsLea
03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey everyone! I have about an hour and a half to go before I leave with my mama to go sign the lease on my apartment! I've managed to give myself a headache, worrying over nothing as always. I'm happy and scared at the same time which is silly because I should feel okay since my mama is actually in the same state this time! When I got my place in California, I wasn't scared. I'm so weird.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone!!
Have a headache today but I'm getting ready to do some exercise anyway, looking forward to my snack today which is a corrot with some hummus.

Good luck Shari in signing the lease!
brandy, glad you're back on track!
hsmomx2 we all struggle with this game from time to time
Ro~ come on back girl!Hope you are OK!
Courtnie~ Hows the pup? Glad you had a good time in Vancouver

canadian mom
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
well today I just cannot get enough water in me I am drinking it like CRAZY compared to most days. We had grilled chicken weiners for my sons b-day and they tasted soooooooooo good I haven't had 1 in a long time. Next b-day is on Easter weekend actually there are 2 but we do them together Ocean on the 10th and Katarina on the 9th. I think they are just going to have a sleeover this year , last year they had a party at our house and the year before they had it at mcdonalds so I think I will keep it simple this year and let each 1 have 1 friend over.

sotypical
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Wendy - there is definatly something wrong with her puppy - her eyes are weird. And she was definatly from a puppy mill... made me want to slap my friends girlfriend in the face.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Awww, poor pup! At least she'll have a good home now! Poor thing!

sotypical
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
i hope my friends can give her a good home... they dont seem very willing to spend a lot of vet bills and i think she is goinng to need it

maybe I will end up with another boston! haha

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Well its been a bad eating day here today....I have not done any kind of workout. I cant seen to get it together today. I guess it is the end of TOM.....chocolate and all......A new day tomorrow!!!!! I call it frist!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Haha Lazy!!

I'm doing so well with the exercise thing that i just amaze myself! Yahoo!. Any way off to bed soon, have a good sleep!

ArtsyGirl
03-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi gals, hope your mornings off to a great start. I cut my walk short due to a wind chill of -4! Only got in 3 miles. I have a busy day ahead of me. I play a funeral this morning, have an art class this afternoon, teach after school and have a womens bible study tonight. It will be nice to be busy.

My neurologist called yesterday and left a message on my machine. My protein C level is still off so she confirmed that I do have a Clotting "Problem". I'm calling a hematologist today so I can have a few of my questions/concerns answered. My B12 level is increasing and my hormone levels were all normal so there was good news for at least part of the message.

La3y-Hope TOM is going better. Try your best today, that's all you can do.

Wendy-You're exercise level is great lately!!!

Court-How sad about the pup. Breaks my heart to hear such things.

Sheri-How'd the signing go?

hsmom-Struggle or not at least you're still here. Dont give up. Glad your DD's pink eye is clearing up (and the black eye!)

cmom-Water! I felt the same way yesterday. I think my body just really needed to flush some things out from the weekend.

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Brandi ~ I hope all turns out ok. At least you know now and work on improving it.

La3y~ I hear you about TOM mine is supposed to come this weekend but after this past weekend I don't think I will be able to stomac anymore junk. During my period I usually get my best workout in (sometimes I just want to stay in bed all day)

Well today I am still dryer than a fart in a windstorm. I think the next couple of days I will be peeing like mad. I had to go pee about 6 times during my 90 mins of working out. lol

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Wendy~ forgot to say :cheer: on the working out are you going to keep it up once the challenge is done. ihope i can eat cereal in moderation when this is done i do not want to have to give it up for good. I was going to make sweet and sour meatballs but I cannot I make them with rice krispies :nono: :cry:

LaBonita
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Glad everyone's doing great. Me? I'm just trying to get back on track. It seems this always happens around the 2nd or 3rd week....I start slipping then completely fall off. Hopefully that will change this time. I'm trying my hardest to keep going.

sotypical
03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I think I want to paint my bathrooms this weekend.... hmmm

Rosario
03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
hey guys...still here trying to stay on track. I was really trying today but got to thinking about my cousin and just got sad and had a big mac to make me feel better. It didn't and now I feel like crapola because I didnt stick to my plan. I just have to try to stick with it for the rest of the day and take it from there...

brandy - i thot u were in the clear with those doctors. hope u get ur anwers from the hematologist.

cmom - i was going to say I know the answer to all your cereal problems....just don't buy milk. but I'm assuming you have kids so that's pretty impossible. I have had some cocoa krispies in my pantry going on 3 or 4 weeks now.....but haven't had milk for the past 2 weeks and they are still sitting there.

labonita - dont worry about it too much...i've been trying to get back on track since Game 2 or 3. it'll happen just keep at it.

courtnie - so did u get a new dog??? what colors are u thinking about? I would love to paint my apt but it'd be a ***** since we'd have to paint it back to original white when and if we move out. at least our bathroom has a nice wallpaper that me and the bf like.

wendy - look at u with all ur exercise....send me some of your energy...i need it soooo bad...keep it up.

take care ladies.

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Ro ~ I am glad u r back sorry for your loss. Yeah I have 4 kids so I kinda have to buy milk. Cereal is also a big thing for thr hubby so if I didn't get milk there would be trouble lol

Well I am doing alot better today and my tummy is feeling better from all that junk maybe I'll make it past 8 tonight.lol

Wide in Winnipeg
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Absolutly nothing of interest happened between last night and today, so nothing to report.
Going to do some Slim in 6 now, wish me luck! From there I'll do 1/2 hour on the bike with a high tension, ab routine and strength training.
i'll check back when I can walk again!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm back and showered! feeling good, I uped my strength training by 10 a rep, i was doing10 now i do 20 a rep and I do 2 reps.
Pork stir fry for dinner tonight! Yum!
Catch ya later!

sotypical
03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Ro - no I did not get a dog my friend did! As for colours, I want to do the bathroom off the masterbedroom purple and the main bathroom aqua (like the colour of my shirt in my picture) My mom seems to think it okay, she just wanted to talk to my step dad first. He wanted to do some work in the bathrooms, including replacing the mirrors and I dont want to cause any work for anyone right now, so I wanna know if I can just pain around stuff! aha

Wide in Winnipeg
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
G'night gals! see ya tomorrow!

ArtsyGirl
03-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Morning gals. I'm waking up to a winter wonderland. Its one of those snow where everything is covered and beautiful.

I did pretty good yesterday, got everything done and stayed on plan. I allowed myself 1 girl scout cookie while I was at bible study but I was able to enjoy the 1 and not devour the entire box so I'm happy.

LaBonita-I hope you get through the stage your at and jump back in full fledged. I think we all hit those weeks where its just not feeling good and so easy to quit. Hang in there. Those times pass and think of how good you'll look and feel if you keep working hard.

Courtnie-I need to paint my bedroom but I cant seem to figure out exactly what I want to do. I found this really cool paint that has a bit of a mettalic sheen to it which I really like, but I want more than just 1 color and cant figure how I want to design what I do. Purple and turquoise are wonderful. I cant stand white walls and I dont usually choose "quiet pastels".

Wendy-How are the legs? HOpefully your body is getting used to everything and not to sore anymore.

Ro-don't beat yourself up over your fast food meal. You need to heal from your grief and while turning to McD isn't the best choice, you need to get through it however you can and not feel guilty or rushed to be where other people expect you to be. (can you tell I've had LOTS of funerals lately?) We're all here if you need to vent or whatever else you need to make this easier on you, just let us know.

cmom-glad your tummys feeling better. I think all that water really helps get things out a little quicker.

Today I have a free day till about 6:30 and then I'm off to work. I've got both a service and a choir rehersal so it'll be a late night. I've been planning a womens 1 day retreat and its on Saturday so things are getting a little crazy with those responsibilities. Its all good though.

Have a great day.

canadian mom
03-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Brandy~ I think tou are right the water helps.

Well my drains are clogged here the hubby has most of them uncloged the last one is the tub so hopefully he gets it fixed before he goes to work or I will be just walking today.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I had a ok day yesterday....Today I plan to do some walking....I have my good lunch in the oven...mmmmm...Sweetpotatoes.....I love them. I need to find something to go with that. I dont know..peaches and....hmmm I will have to look for something else. I hope all of you are haveing a great day!!!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi! I'm still here and still playing along; I just get overwhelmed trying to get to know everyone!

I have a question: I see some people are getting 7 points a day for water -- does that mean you're drinking 28 cups of water a day? If so, HOW do you do it?? What is too much water?

haeyu14
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Shelby... I know I've been putting mad points up for water, because I'm drinking mad amounts of water. I drink between a gal to 1.5 gals a day. Whenever I think I'm hungry it usually turns out I'm just bored, so I drink water. I have a half gal jug I keep on my desk and I have to refill it at least twice during the school day, not counting what I drink before or after school. If you're going to try it, make sure you know the closest route to the restroom because you're going to have to tinkle A LOT.

I don't know about too much water. I was told that it is important to space out the water, not to try to drink too much too fast. I know on the days when I've filled my bottle 3 or 4 times my fingers have looked pruney (like if you soaked too long in the bathtub).

and while i'm here... where do we add in the points for week 2?

LaBonita
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Just checking in quick. Still working at staying on track. I'm not gonna let this stop me this time. I'm going to keep going. Now I'm off to make a healthy lunch....1/2 a sandwich, carrots, and dill dip

Wide in Winnipeg
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
HI!
7 points for water is getting to be on the dangerous side!! I drink 2 litres, and I think anything more than that is going to work your innards to much! Did you hear about that woman that killed herself from drinking to much water at some stupid contest?
haeyu~ All you have to do is make a new post in the BTB Points section, same as the one from lst week!
Taking it slow today, I'm feeling lazy!! AGH!!!I'll get my exercise in for the day though! In about 1/2 an hour I'll start with the bike and go on from there!
Catch ya later!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
haeyu14: I still can't wrap my head around drinking that much water! I'm good with my water -- it's very rare that I get less than 8 cups in a day, but that much just seems insane to me -- yesterday I drank 13 cups and I was peeing every half hour! Luckily for me, I work in a very small office where that's not a problem. I just don't think my body could handle more, KWIM? I guess everyone's different, though.

It appears as though you just make a new post at the end of the points thread for your second week; that's what everyone else did and what I did, too.

canadian mom
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeap you just do the same thing as you did in week 1 and edit too add new.

Too much water willl flush the nutrients out of your boday but I do believe the more weight you carry the more water you can get away with drinking. I think you should consult a doctor to find out the last thing you need is to be manourished because of too much water.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-07-2007, 07:48 PM
UGH! Tired today, just not up to my normal self, a little b!tchy today too, for no reason!
Ofv to bed early here,catch ya tomorrow!

sotypical
03-07-2007, 09:51 PM
painting is a no go for now... my step dad wants to do work in them first

couple days ago keiko ate the power code for my laptop (thank goodness she is okay!!!!) so i decided today I was going to buy a new laptop, something I never thought I could afford, but I decided I was going to sell all my computers and buy it... I just went to buy it, and now they dont have the one i want! :(

ArtsyGirl
03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Morning gals,

I hope your day is starting off well. I'm getting excited about the weather. Today its still cold, but the forecast for next week has us getting up in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Courtnie-:?: What can you do. I hope you can find the laptop somewhere else. What a let down. I'm glad Keiko didnt get hurt from her chewing the cord. My beagle was horrible with chewing and did a few cords in. Luckily they usually seem to pull them out of the socket first. Sorry your painting is being delayed.

Wendy-I hope you had a good sleep and woke up refreshed.

haeyu-Water is good, but there really is such a thing as to much. A dr. or nutritionist would be better able to advise on a limit.

LaBonita-Great work staying on track. Good luck today.

Shelby-Glad you're still playing. You'll start to get to know us the more you come here.

La3y-How was your walk? I didn't get our yesterday due to a snowstorm and today is usually our day off but I'm thinking about going for a run after it warms up a bit today just so I can get outside. I love sweet potatoes. I never had them til after I was 30 years old and now they're one of my favorite. How do you make them and what did you end up having with them?

'well I've gotta search for the book I bought yesterday. I seem to have lost it vbefore I opened the cover! I have no idea where it got put :mad: and I really want to start it.

Have a great one!

sotypical
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
the laptop I wanted to buy was from apple and refurbished - so I just have to wait! they still have one, that is a couple hunrded less but its not as fast

LaBonita
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes! I lost two pounds...and even with the kinda crappy things I've been eating. But when I eat those crappy things I don't eat two pounds of it....which i think definitely helps. And I think my Lent Challenge is helping me out a lot more than I thought it would. Who would have thought taking chips and fast food out of my diet would have helped this much?! Plus exercising most days and drinking my water. I really think it's the fast food though...I used to get fast food at least 4 times a week...now I have it none at all!

7 points for water??? That's like impossible for me...I've gotten 0 every day, because my goal for every day is THREE cups...lol.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Blech. Whiny/crampy/sore thumb (sliced it)/tired today. Ugh. But it looks like the sun is coming out, so that makes me happy, anyway.

Someone on another website mentioned that a good formula for figuring out how much water you should drink is your weight in pounds/2. That's the # of ounces. So I should only be drinking 77 ounces a day? Has anyone heard of this? Is that a max, or a minimum, or is it completely off? If I drink up to 13 cups of water a day, will that hurt me? Wash away the nutrients? I don't drink much else throughout the day. Coffee once a week, milk a few times a week, Crystal Lite on Friday and Saturday evenings. Water should NOT be so stressful.

sotypical
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I ordered my new laptop I am so excited! I really should of waited until I reached goal, but ill consider this an early goal present! haha

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA611LL%2FA

Wide in Winnipeg
03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone!
Not feeling up to snuff today, I'm lightheaded and just feeling weak so I'm taking it easy today and cutting the exercise in half. I'll make sure to have a good solid meal tonight and a good sleep so I'm 100% tomorrow!

canadian mom
03-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Took my kids to the movies today. We went to see 2 movies they are only 2$
here on March break. It was my youngest 2 first movies they did very well and so did I no popcorn and I biought chips for the kids and did not get anything for myself.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Good for you CMOM!
I did all my exercise for today so I'm going to give myself another :yah: guy!
My arms feel like jello!!!!!

ArtsyGirl
03-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Good morning and happy Friday.

I've got a busy one today so just a quick post. I'm getting pampered at my hair appt. this morning. Hooray!!! This afternoon is the consultation appt. for DH's vasectomy. I hope it goes well and we get it scheduled quickly so it wont interfere with his racing schedule.

Courtnie-Good for you for ordering your computer. I'm so jealous. DH says we can get ours in April/May. I hope it comes quickly so you can start playing!

Rosario
03-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Yesterday was an awesome day!! I ate right, exercised, drank my water, and stayed within my points for the day. I'm hoping this starts a new trend for me. Just gotta get thru this weekend. Weigh-in is today but its not going to be a good one...its TOM and I feel bloated like crazy. sigh...I can never get a break. But i know if I am good all weekend, then next weeks WI will be an awesome one. So at least I got that to look forward to. that's about all that is new with me.

brandy - is DH scared??

wendy - wtg on ur exercise. i exercised for the first time yesterday in a loooong time. it felt great!!

canadianmom-what did u go see? I want to go see that movie 300 but I doubt it's very kid friendly.

courtnie- that's a really neat buy. I've always wanted an apple laptop....they're so pretty lol

shelby - i hope today is a better day for you.

labonita - WTG on your loss!!!

take care and have a great one :wave:

canadian mom
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
ro~ we went to see Arthur and the invinsibles and Happy Feet.

brandy make sure you have alot of bgas of frozen peas. My DH had his about 2 1/2 years ago he was a little sore but was back to doing heavy lifting in about 1 week with a little discomfort. To see him being such a baby was funny, he winned more than I did after any of my kids and with my 4th I was tore so bad id tore my shyncter(sp?) muscle and I was walking to and from the grocerie store within a week. Tehy are such babies.lol

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi! Just a quick post since work is busy today; I'm feeling much better, thank you!

I picked myself up today and worked out, and am feeling happier and committed to making this an on plan day!!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
HUH! I could have swore I posted here earlier!!
Awesome day here in the Peg! It's -9 and gorgeous I was out shoveling snow for an hour and now I'm going to get to the real exercise!LOL! Like that wasnt exercise...
Have a great weekend gals! I'll be around so make sure to post over the weekend so i don't get lonely!!

JasonsLea
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in a quick note to let my ladies know that I'm in my new apartment, no computer so I'll only be able to post once or twice a week, grocery shopping tomorrow, made up my mind that there will be NO JUNK in my house. Nite everyone!

canadian mom
03-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Shari~ Good job on decideing NO junk food I know it helps me alot. We have some but it is for my kids lunches so I know if I get into it my kids may end yp going without a treat after lunch so it is a BIG help.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-10-2007, 01:45 PM
HI everyone! I had a wonderful day yesterday and today looks to be the same! have a good one!

canadian mom
03-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Today sucks! TOM is here and I am sick so i am not doing any exercise today i am dizzy amd can barly stand on my own 2 feet. It is only a head cold but I am very disoriented. On a positive note I am only up 1 pound so maybe after TOM I will see another loss this week my weight in wll be a couple days late this week.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Just checking in, RJ and I have been playing alot today and I havent exercised but I'm going to go do that right now!
Later!

canadian mom
03-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Well I blew the no exercise out of the water my hubb7y brought the kids beds today so we were putting them togehter and moving furniture around for about an hour plus all the cleaning it took (about 2 hours once I add it all together a lot of little things) I hurt more mow thwn when doing free weights.lol So I am considering it exercise.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Checking in doing well I took the kids to the park two days and walk both times...I did not see any movement in the scales but I will try to do better next week.......

So here is to next week!!!!

ArtsyGirl
03-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Morning ladies. My weekend was one bad eating day and one good eating day. I knew going in Saturday would be a disastor because of the woments retreat I was attending. I did well on getting back on track so I'm not feeling all that bad. I finally got the dogs out for a walk yesterday. They've both gained to much weight over the winter. They were so happy to be out and about!

Today is a long night of teaching but I'm excited about it. A few of the girls are playing some music that I'm really enjoying getting them in depth on. I have a chiropractor appt. this morning and I'm heading to the craft store while I'm in town. I need to get some mica powders and possibly some beads to use to put a necklace together with the clay pieces I've made recently.

Great job to everyone and have a wonderful day!

LaBonita
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Just checking in quick. I did much better for Week 2 than Week 1. Now I'm going to shoot for even more points for Week 3! Oh and the 2 pound loss helped a lot! Hope everyone's doing great...

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Morning!

I didn't have the best weekend... or the best week, for that matter. I'm determined to beat my Week 1 points this week. I can do it!! :D

Hope everyone has a good day!

sotypical
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. My eating wasnt so good - but TOM came and I was frustrated that the scale didn't go down again this weekend.

So new plan this week, less exercise and less calories - try and mix it up a bit. I am also going to try and cut out some of the extra sugar I have been having since stopped drinking diet coke. I noticed I have been craving MORE sweet stuff since I stopped drinking it - I thought it was the other way around? I thought fake sugar made you want more real sugar? anyway - I am doing good with no fake sugar part... lol

My laptop still hasn't shipped! ARGH! It is saying it should ship between tomorrow and friday :( not fast enough!

Ro - Apples are great! I have two at home already - however, I am selling them to pay for this new one :) I am pretty excited - this new one is going to be so much better and my world of warcraft should be SUPER fast!

sotypical
03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
so I decided it was time
www.learningtocount.blogspot.com

ArtsyGirl
03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Court-I really like it!! AND, I dont think I've ever seen your progress pics. You're doing an amazing job.

canadian mom
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
The babaies slept in today so I got to do my free weight s and cleastetics by myself. what a treat it was. I would of had time to do cardio but I wasn't sure how long they would sleep in so I did some housework then did cardio after they ate.

ArtsyGirl
03-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Good morning ladies. Today is off to a great start. I got my 4 mile walk in and we have a beautiful warm forecast for the day. I'm off from lessons and my bible study today so I will have lots of extra time to enjoy the outside!

Shari-Congrats on the move to the apt. I hope you're enjoying yourself.

cmom-the luxury of a kidless workout. At the moment I usually dont have the interruption, but know from when I'm babysitting my neice and nephew how hard they make working out at home.

Courtnie-Hope the change up in eating/exercising works for you. Its always good to keep your body guessing. Sugar withdrawl usually gives me a headache and those cravings are some of the worst. I hope you work through it quickly.

LaBonita-Congrats on the 2 pounds.

Shelby-Put the weekend in the past and jump back on the wagon. You just gotta keep trying.

La3y-Glad you got out to enjoy the nice weather.

Wendy-Hope you're doing well.

I'm almost there. 1 little pound left!

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 10:39 AM
wwlee i took the babies out for a walk this morning it is so nice here. I jus went around the mini home park then to the mailboxes but next time I may venture up the road but there is no sidewalk so it has to be a nice day I do not want a shower from a mud puddle and since it is calling for rain all this week I probobly will not get out. It sucks warmer temps are here but rainy. I also have to remember to ask DH where the tire pump is the tires on the stroller are almost flat.

I also may not be able to eat too much for the next couple of days. My back gum is inflammed and I cannot afford the dentist just yet so I may have to take it easy to see if it will go down byitself it usually does (I hate the dentist and avoid them at all cost)

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow, Brandy! You're SO CLOSE! You must be totally pumped, hey? How long have you been doing this for? And what are you doing?

canadian mom: Sorry your mouth isn't feeling great. I know exactly how you feel. I need a crown and my tooth keeps bugging me, but even though I have Blue Cross, we can't afford a crown... I'm new on BC and they won't pay for ANYTHING on a crown until your third year (and they're like, $900). So... we might be digging into BF's student loan. :( Hope your mouth feels better and you don't need the dentist. Could it be an abcess? Have you had teeth out back there? If it's an abcess, maybe antibiotics could clear it up... can you go to your doctor?

Feeling better this week, I'm back on track! Worked out yesterday and today (but man, you guys do a LOT of exercise! I don't know if I'll ever get there), and ate well yesterday. We're going to the Keg for dinner tonight, but I know how to eat in order to stay on plan, so that'll be okay.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I haven't had my teeth out I was supposed to when I was 21 but backed out. I need to have all my widsom teeth out there is not enough room im my mouth for them. It was going to cost 1000$ and that's if the impacted one would come out with out surgery untherwise the price would be going up and I have no coverage but my mom's dentist will do it for less I think, now I have 5 that need out but one is a tooth the old dentist literally carved out and stuffed with 2 1/2 fillings instead of pulling it out. I wish he would of just pulled it out.lol.

the exercise thing I think most will say they built up to it I have been at it a year and a month so judst be patient you will get there eventually it becomes second nature.

sotypical
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Brandy - 1 pound? woooo you must be feeling amazing!!

JasonsLea
03-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Hello ladies! The apartment is coming along alright. It's really helping me that there is NO junk food. There is a convenience store around the corner but by the time I reach my front door, I've managed to talk myself out of going to get crap that I don't need. Yesterday, I called Pizza Hut and (THANK YOU GOD) they don't even deliver in my area! I ate a roast beef and turkey sandwich instead. I've walked for the first time in what seems like forever today. I walked four blocks to the bus stop then wallked 3 blocks to and from the bank. When I was walking to the bus stop, my leg muscles were like 'What is this? It's so familiar but we are out of practice.' But they got readjusted real fast and didn't hurt at all when I walked from the hospital to the bank and back.

hsmomx2
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Sadly, I'm up three pounds. It's time I got back on track. I did better this past week at least. I've been talking to my mom more than usual. Her doctor's appt last week didn't go well at all. The bottom line is she's a walking heart attack waiting to happen. They gave her three different shots and is on blood pressure medicine. The doctor said even with losing 79 pounds (no exception) she may never be able to get off the meds. She has to walk 2 miles a day six days a week. She said the first day took her two hours. I don't understand why they aren't having her start off slowly. Does this sound right?

Brandy - Wow, 1 pound left! Your doing so good!

cmom- I know how you feel about the dentist. I just went yesterday without any insurance. uugh! I had to go again on the 23rd. It's going to be $483. Dh and I both had our wisdom teeth removed last year. Dd also has to get braces asap and they want 1200 down with month payments of 133 a month!

Shelby- Good job on getting back on track!

Shari- Isn't it good to have your own place? Hopefully you'll be able to get your internet back on soon.

Courtnie- Your blog looks great!

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
hsmomx2~my oldest DD is getting her braces off and palete expander out on the 28th. She is quite excited to have gum. She only has 4 braces to pull and straiten her front 4 teeth. Her mouth was too small , thee wasn't enough room for some of her teeth to even come down. It cost 1500$. The last appointment they said she may need braces again in a few years when all her "big "teeth
are in. We dread the thought of full braces.

Brandy~ I am sooooooooo jealous lol

Wide in Winnipeg
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi gals,no time to post really, I'm going to be MIA for the next couple days but keeping up with the exercise! I'm feeling like poop but I'll live.
Take care, chat soon!

hsmomx2
03-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Good morning! I'm changing my day around so that I make sure I have time to workout at the gym. When I joined in Decemeber I was suposse to get one free personal trainer trial. I may ask them aout that if I dont chicken out. Dd in the past has done poorly in her school work when I go to the gym in the mornings. I'm hoping she'll do good thought. I'll be letting her know that if her school work isn't being done her listening to read alouds will be the first to go followed by loss of computer time. Ds will be funny he loves to sleep to 10 or 10:30 in the morning. That's how come we get so much school work done with dd in the morning.

cmom- That's the same problem with dd. She's need an expander for top and bottom. They've already had to pull one a baby tooth. Why do dentist have to charge so much?

ArtsyGirl
03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi gals. I hope you're all off to a wonderful start today. My walk was very nice this morning with temps near 60! We'll be getting rain later this morning so the end of our nice spell is here. I'm so happy I could be outside so much yesterday. I ended up walking a total of 7 miles and took the dogs out twice. It was perfect.

Thanks for all the hope and encouragement for my 1 pound. I'm very excited.

Wendy-I hope you're feeling ok. Hurry back here.

cmom-You cant be jealous, you're almost there to. Just 3 more pounds!!! You've gotta be just as excited as I am. Hooray for us!

hsmom-Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she takes control of her health and tries her best to improve her situation. I know how hard it is to stay on track when you or your familys health takes a bad turn. Hang in there, do your best every day and dont beat yourself up. This is a difficult time so take pride in just getting through the day and go from there.

Shari-Glad the apt. is working so well for you. Its cool that you're in walking distance of all those places.

Courtnie-I'm feeling the need for a new Keiko pic. Can ya help me out??

Shelby-Thanks, I've done mostly portion control, healthier whole grain foods, cut out lots of sugar, and LOTS of exercise. This will actually be the 2nd time I've hit my goal. I was here about April of last year too, but I allowed myself to slack off over the summer and was around 144 in Nov. Add the holiday weight and I was back at 151!!!!!!!! Yuck. I do hope I do better at maintenance this time. (My high weight was about 2 years ago while recovering from ankle surgery)

Well, take care everybody. Behave.

canadian mom
03-14-2007, 10:34 AM
I made the mistake and ate yesterday by the end of the day I was in tears The hubby is now on me to go to the dentist. Today all I have had so fay is a scambled egg and now tomato soup ,no chewie food today which means no salad:(> i think that is what did me in yesterdy I couldn't even eat it all. My kids are laughing at me cause I mash up banana and eat very small spoonfulls.

hsmomx2~ When we were in Edomonton the dentist there wanted to pull my daughters teeth out. How the heck was that gonna fix her teeth if there was no room for baby teeth there would no room for big teeth. As her big teeth came in her wanted to pull the next baby tooth out. Ridicolous I said and we never went back to him.

Brandy~ This is only my first goal. I wanted to be a "healthy weight" so I went by the bmi. I will probably lower my goal if I ever hit the first one. I may just stay at that weight for a while cause the next goal will be harder.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello...

Went for dinner with my family and cousin yesterday. Haven't seen my cousin in 4 years... forgot how perfect she is. Nice, smart, THIN, runs marathons, does the Iron Man, great job that pays well that she loves, etc., etc. Basically the child my parents should have had.

My dad did say that if I work out consistently for one year (4 times a week, min. half an hour), he'd pay for a one year membership for me at the health club of my choosing!

canadian mom
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
MY MOUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!! Well I had another bowl of soup 1/3 of a mashed banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and for suppper I had potatoes and hamburg. Now after eating supper my mouthe is killing me. My kids were laughing at me cause I could barely open my mouth, it took me so long to eat that the babies were done before me.

ArtsyGirl
03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow, sure is slow around here. How's everyone doing?

I have the appt. with the hematologist today. Wish me luck in getting some things answered.

cmom-I wish I knew some old wives tale to help you out. I do hope something good happens and the pain recedes. You're making me hurt just thinking about it all.

Shelby-How cool of your dad for the gym membership. Now that would be complete motivation for me. I hope it keeps you inspired. Those perfect cousins are hard. I have one who never seems to have anything wrong and its quite a slam to my self ego to go about comparing. Its hard, but I try to not compare and just keep going on my own life. She may have problems I have no idea about.

Have a great day.

Rosario
03-15-2007, 09:06 AM
hey gals!! I'm here, getting better at the whole losing weight thing. I wouldn't necessarily call it a healthy lifestyle because I am still eating some stuff I shouldnt be eating, but I am staying within my points (or at least trying to) and trying to get my exercise in. I was down on my scale this morning, but the verdict is tomorrow's weigh in at weight watchers. I can't wait!

brandy - Good luck!!! I hope this all comes to an end with the hematologist visit.

take care ladies!

canadian mom
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Brandy~ Thank you and it feels better today ....so far. Good luck at your appintment I REALLY hope you get some answers and can solve your health problem.

RO~ Glad to hear you are doing well. You sound like me I will NEVER completely give up junk but at least most of my eating is healthy. Let us know hoe weight in goes.

hsmomx2
03-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Brandy- I hope the hematologist will be able to give you the answers you've been looking for. I'm wishing you luck.

Ro- Great job on stay within your points. It sounds like your going to have a good loss to post soon.

cmom- I'm so sorry to hear how much pain your in. Have you got anything like oral gel? It might work for a little while. ((cmom))

Shelby- Wow, You dad sounds nice. Keep up the work and the membership will be yours in no time.

Wendy- Hope your doing fine.

Yesterday, my mom did go walking with me for an hour and half. I also had her go to Walmart so we both got in walking. She said it usually takes her 2 hours to walk two miles, so her time was cut back alot. I didn't get to the gym since mom agreed to go walking, but I'm going today. She went back to tn last night. I did great on my eating. Ds had me hold his ice cream cone while he played and I didn't seek any in. Then last night dh got into the leftovers I was saving for today. I refused to get even a bite. I'll just buy more later plus it was after 10.

sotypical
03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry I have MIA - I have been so busy lately. With work and also been working on a new site for my friends business and helping the boston rescue with their site, I am on the compuer a good 12 hours a day but cant seem to find the time to stop in! bad courtnie!

Anyway I dunno if it is the change in calories and exercise but I am down 1.2 pounds this morning witch is weird for a thursday at 6am! haha Usually I weigh Saturdays at 9am - so we shall see what happens

Brandy, FOR YOU! hehe (I love a reason to post Keiko pics)
http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march12/2.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march12/4.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march12/10.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march12/11.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march12/15.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march08/11.jpg

So we got some there of her and her new strawberry shortcake snuggle sack and her new bathrob! haha I bought her the sack but she got a HUGE package of goodies (and me too!) from the girl I am doing her site for, I was almost crying with all the stuff she sent us :)

Rosario
03-15-2007, 05:03 PM
I love those keiko pics!!

cmom - how's ur mouth feeling??

hsmomx2 - it's so much easier to get exercise done when there's someone there to do it with you. now that ur mom is gone, maybe u should find a workout buddy. And I just noticed ur in GA???? I'm in GA!! What part??

canadian mom
03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
RO~ my mouth is feeling a bit better I can open it a little wider but I still cannot eat vegetables (too much chewing) and my meat is cut up smaller than my 2 year olds. Instead of salad I have been having potatoes. I will be fglad when it feels better. When I buy the groceries I may pick up slim fast so i don not have to chew.lol

ArtsyGirl
03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey girls thanks for all the well wishes, but they'll have to be rewished next Thursday. I got a call right before I walked out the door cancelling my apt. and rescheduling me for a week from today. I'm disappointed I was so ready to get some answers. I guess God wants me to keep practicing the wait/patience thing.

Ro-I'm so glad to see you here again. I'm happy you're doing better. I've been worried about you and missed your posts. I still eat food thats bad for me. We do have to live and certain things I limit, but will never give up completely

cmom-Happy you're doing better. I hope it keeps feeling better. I used to suffer from some severe TMD and was on a almost liquid diet for quite some time and its not fun.

hsmom-workout partners are the best. Knowing mine will be waiting for me gets my butt out of bed every morning instead of deciding "I'll do it later" and sleeping in.

Courtnie-Love the 4th one down and the one in the bathrobe (aww shucks, they're all cute). I wish they made more clothes in larger sizes so I could play more. I actually had our bigger dog wearing one of the wool sweaters I accidentally shrunk so it no longer fit me.

canadian mom
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I can open my mouth wider this morning! It doesn't send a shot of pain up my head and down my jaw as bad anymore!

Brandy~ That sucks that your appointment was rescheduled. Well hopefully you get your answers next week.

sotypical
03-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Brandy - some places do make them bigger! Keiko also has a collar fetish, she has TONS! We order them from www.zoescollection.com - I am actually working with her and we are launching a new website on sunday! I am so excited, cuz it is beautiful! and keiko is all over the site! hha

Wide in Winnipeg
03-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi girls!
Just popping in so you all don't think I'm dead somewhere!!!LOL!
I'm on hiatus right now because of this massive headache that is starting to go away.
I'll be back on Monday for sure!!
C Ya Then!

hsmomx2
03-16-2007, 08:50 PM
cmom- I'm glad your mouth is feeling better.

Brandy- That's stinks your appt was canceled. Are they going to pay you since they didn't call you 24 hours in advance. It cracks me up how they except us to pay them if we cancel our appt though. I agree a workout partner would help hold me accountable.

Ro- I've tried to find and workout buddy before but haven't had much luck so far. I'm north of you in Bartow County, maybe we could get together sometime.

We decided that the house needed some attention so we took the day off school. I've got to start spring cleaning anyway. My brother said he and his dd may need a place to live. His landlord is wanting to rent to someone else. I didn't go to the gym today since I didn't have my car. Dh truck broke yesterday. I did go Thursday. Today, I've been grabbing bottles of water since I don't want to give in to the munchies.

ArtsyGirl
03-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Good morning all. It looks like it'll be a snowy walk this morning. Nothing severe like the folks further east, but the big flakes slowly falling. It might be pretty.

courtnie-since you're working on that site I'll ask you. Does she make collars with an actually buckle or just the snap in place tension ones? My dogs have both broke out of those types so need the other. She has some beauties.

Wendy-Hope your headache clears out soon.

hsmom-good job with the gym and water. Workout partners are hard to find because you need someone who is dependable and wanting to do the same things as you. I really lucked out with mine being right across the street. We do great for our walks but run at different paces. We still go together and pass each other a few times while running the laps of the subdivision. It also a security thing knowing someone else is there if you have problems.

Have a great weekend.

sotypical
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
brandy she used a plastic buckle like you would get in the store, that snaps together, she also has metal ones
keiko has 4-5 of her collars and 5 more coming, lol

JasonsLea
03-17-2007, 04:59 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm alright, just trying to get used to my new place......with no cable and no internet. Add on to that, I forgot which box I put my cds in so I've been listening to the same cd for the past week. :fr: I guess the good thing about all that is that I've sat down and read my first book in over a year. And it wasn't just one book, I did one of my ol' marathon readings and read about five books in a day. Felt like old times. :) I've decided to continue to do my WIs on Tuesday instead of switching to Thursdays. I need to go grocery shopping. Happy St. Paddy's Day, yall!

P.S. KEIKO!!!!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone...

Feeling guilty after my binge-like treat meal yesterday, so I did an extra 15 minutes of cardio this morning, which felt SO GOOD. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to really ENJOY working out and actually looking forward to my exercise! I also notice that I sleep a lot better and am in a better mood when I've exercised.

Also, I did my taxes yesterday, and I'm getting $1900 back, which makes me just want to cry with relief, cuz this means that my BF and I can afford to buy a "new" (10 years old) car from my boss (our old one is on it's last legs --23 years old) AND I can get the crown on my tooth that I've so desperately been needing. YAY!! :D

JasonsLea
03-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Shelby!!! I really wish I could have gotten more back, I need a car desperately. But i'm only getting 400 back. :( I guess it's better than nothing right?

canadian mom
03-18-2007, 02:21 PM
:goodscale I am down to 135.5:woohoo: I had to get that out of my system. For the first time in a looooooooong time I feel like I amy actually hit my first goal, to hit a healthy BMI but I guess acording to my ticker I have I am under 25 :cheer2: I am felling good noe I will go red the post I have missed

canadian mom
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Taxes I hate taxes we never get anything back we always owe cause DH is self employed and it sucks.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey girls,
I'm back but I'm PO"ed, been doing everything right on the money but I'm up 3 pounds!!!!The only thing I can thing of that would cause the gain is the new meds I'm on, If thats the case I think I'd rather have the headaches than the weight.
Anyway, I'm going to go stew over this over a bottle of H2O, catch ya tomorrow!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh ya, I'll update my ticker,and smilies for the challenge tomorrow,,,

sotypical
03-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I was down two pounds this week and then I pigged out all weekend... what else is new, lol

But I have super exciting news, I DID! IT LAUNCHED!
www.zoescollection.com

The best and biggest site I have ever did! I am so proud of myself and how it turned out!

ArtsyGirl
03-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Good morning gals. Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was a bit busy with a festival I was working at yesterday, but it was fun. I did better on my eating this weekend-far from perfect, but better-so I'm happy about that. Today I have got to clean my house. Its pretty bad. I also have a few lessons to teach tonight and some errands to get done. It should keep me busy for most of the day.

courtnie-the site looks great. I love the little crowns on the menu and all the pics of Keiko. You should be proud. Nice work. Congratulations on your loss! My weight is always up on Mondays so I no longer use that for my "official" weigh in. I'm usually back on track by Tues. or Wed.

Shari-glad you got a reading marathon in. I love being able to dive into good books. I've been reading a few a week here lately.

cmom-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Its so cool when that BMI finally goes to "healthy". You're so close to your first goal. I bet you get there this week. Hooray! Taxes do suck especially when you're self employed and have to do the quarterly filing. We always end up owing and its so depressing to hear about everyone elses huge returns!

Wendy-Glad you're back. I cant say I agree about the meds. I was so happy to get rid of that bad migraine that I would have happily taken on a few pounds. I hope your body gets used to the meds and those pounds come off easily.

Have a great day all!

canadian mom
03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
HA HA Brandy we started wityh the same BMI. Thanks I am gonna wish you luck early at your appointment I REALLY hope you FINALLY get some answers.

Wendy~ I am glad you are feeling better

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Morning!

Courtnie, your site is BEAUTIFUL! You did an amazing job on it! Congrats on your loss, too!

I lost another pound and 3" this week. Yay! Especially considering I had a binge for my "treat meal" on Friday.

What I'm happiest about, though, is that I finally broke the 4-day barrier! I worked out 5 days last week. Woo hoo! I'll stay here for a couple more weeks, then try to move it to 6.

LaBonita
03-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey everyone. Haven't been around the boards for a while. I've been really busy with school, but this week is spring break, so I'll really be able to concentrate on a healthy lifestyle. And hopefully this will be the jump-start I need to get back on track.

hsmomx2
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Cmom- Awesome job on meeting goal!!

Courtnie- Your website looks wonderful. Great job on your loss.

LaBonita- Isn't it easier to have a healthy lifestyle without distractions? What are you doing for Spring Break?

Shelby- Congrats on your loss and your extra workout you've gotten in.

Wendy- Glad your feeling better.

Today has just went by to quickly. It's been one of those days where I get a little of this and a little of that done but nothing accomplished. I had a good time going out with one of our neighbors this morning and didn't get back until after 1:30. Dd passed her bible drill and gets to go on to regional. Ds finally decided on a cake for his bday.

sotypical
03-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone, I made the site but it is actually owned by something else!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, I had to give in and have a can of coke today!

ArtsyGirl
03-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Morning gals. I just got back from my walk. It was another cold one. My ears were freezing even though I had them covered! I'm so looking forward to warmer weather.

Yesterday went about as planned. I only taught 1 lesson. (We have a flu going around here.) So ended up with time to begin reading a new book. Today is art class. We're starting a new session so it should keep me entertained. Have a few lessons tonight and then a womens bible study. I really like my Tuesday schedule.

Courtnie-Dont beat yourself up about the Coke. (just dont have another!!!)

LaBonita-Have a great Spring Breatk. Anything fun planned?

Shelby-Congrats on the loss of pounds and inches. Good job on upping your exercise.

hsmomx2
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Good morning! I started a food and exersize journal this morning to see if I can't get on a better track. I feel tired this morning but I'm going to get some kind of workout in.

Courntie- It was one coke. You've had your fix you'll be fine now. You can finish it out without another one. Your doing great.

Brandy- Great job on getting your walk in this morning even in the cold.

Rosario
03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
courtnie - I was so craving coke this morning....but I decided to save it for my bag of popcorn later on....it's ok to have it just as long as it fits in with ur cals/points for the day.

hsmomx2 - a journal is an excellent idea!! hope it helps u lots!

brandy - its still cold up there?!?! it actually hasn't been too cold here this winter. its starting to get warmer, the sun is shining...what more could you ask for. What book r u reading?

labonita - hope u have a good spring break.

shelby - wtg on your losses!!

cmom - :carrot:

wendy - how r u doing???

shari - congrats on the new apt!! its awesome isnt it? hope ur having lots of fun being on your own.

Everything is the same with me....just trying to stay within my points and get some exercise in. I have been good 50% of the time so far....that's way better than I have been the last couple of weeks. I have to work on making my way up to 90% on point. I've got some new motivation - me and the bf are gonna meet up with my cousins in Las Vegas for a weekend in June. I can't wait!!! It'll be awesome showing up smaller and sleeker. Now I really have something to look forward to.

have a good day gals.

canadian mom
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Ro~ good to hear things are going well for you

Courtney~ It was only one of well pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Just think about how many days you went without pop and be proud of that. I know my no cereal thing to day is getting to me I just want 1 bowl but I am fighting it.

Hsmomx2~ that is a good idea if you think it will help you.

sotypical
03-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I am allowed pop, as long as its not diet. I just dont like drinking pop cuz its so many calories! lol

sotypical
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Keiko got some new collars! SO CUTE!

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march19/2.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march19/10.jpg

http://www.mydogkeiko.com/photos/2007/march/march19/11.jpg

LaBonita
03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Not doing anything for Spring Break, which is kind of nice...LOL. Just checking in quick to say hi. I've been doing so good this week...I wish I had nothing to do EVERY day. It would make this new lifestyle thing a whole lot easier!

ArtsyGirl
03-21-2007, 08:57 AM
:dancer: :coffee2: Guess what!!! I made my goal! Actually I passed my goal today!! :dancer:

canadian mom
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
WTG Brandy.:congrat: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer2: So how do you feel now having made that acomplishment? Are you going to set a new goal or are you there now?

Rosario
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
:congrat: Brandy!!!!

hsmomx2
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Brandy- That's terrific!:carrot: :cb:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

LaBonita
03-21-2007, 11:32 AM
WOO-HOO!!!! Congrats Brandy! That must feel awesome!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

sotypical
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
CONGRATS BRANDY!!!!!!

You must feel amazing!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
YAHOO!! WAY TO GO BRANDY!!!!!

Busy, busy here these days for me so little time to come and visit you all! Tonnes of running around today so I better get my butt in gear!

ArtsyGirl
03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi ya gals. Sorry about the abrupt post earlier. I'm a bit scattered today. I'm fighting a headache and have to work a long night tonight. I have a hard time playing well with a headache and I get upset when I play poorly. Luckily, my head seems to be a bit better at the moment so maybe I'll feel great by tonight.

Thanks for all the congratulations. I feel kinda scared right now. I did so poorly at maintenance last year. I really want to do better. Help keep me accountable ok??

Rosario-I'm reading Anne of Green Gables. I've never read it and all the ladies at bible study were raving about it a few weeks ago. Other than that, I've been reading short romance mysteries. Fluff stuff I know, but they keep me occupied. I'm jealous of your weather. We're supposedly done with the bad cold, but I'm sure we still will be seeing the 30's for awhile and a few 20's. A trip to Vegas sounds so fun. I've never been there. You've been doing really well with your WW lately. I'm so happy for you.

hsmom-The exercise journal is a great idea. I kept one for about 6 months and it was fun to look and see all that I had done. The food journal should help keep you on track too.

Courtnie-Love the easter egg collar.

Wendy-we miss you.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm around...I'm lurking in dark corners! LOL!
So I got a new hair cut today, needed to treat myself!!
heres a pic:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/WJMc/HPIM0204.jpg
Back down to 135 again, I just can't seem to get off that plateau and it's making me mad.Anyway, off for dinner tonight at a restaurant,ceaser salad all the way! Yum!
Later gals!

JasonsLea
03-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Quick notes:

TOM is here and I want to shoot myself.

Looking good Keiko!

WOOOOOT BRANDY!

Nice cut Wendy!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Cute collars for Keiko!!

YAY BRANDY!!!!!!! I'll help keep you accountable!!!

Wendy, your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!

Okay, I have a problem. I am ADDICTED to sugar-free gum. Like, seriously, ever since I quit smoking (13 months ago), I chew a lot of it. Lately, though, it's been worse. I bought a twelve pack at Costco on Thursday (these are the packs w/ 14 sticks) and I've already gone through 7 1/2 packages. HELP!!!! It feels like the one vice I have left, since I quit smoking, quit biting my nails, stopped with the constant eating, and I already drink 10 cups of water a day -- I'm chugging constantly. What do I do?!?

sotypical
03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
OMG Wendy you are SOOOOO cute!

hope its okay that i said that! lol

Rosario
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
brandy - hope that headache is gone today.

courtnie - thoe collars are c u t e. especially that easter egg one.

wendy - love that cut!!

shelby - is it wrong to chew sugar-free? I say if it is keeping you from doing bad stuff (ie smoking, eating) then keep on doing it, no?

Well, I am on Day 3 of staying on point! Woohoo for me!! And it does feel good. I am lower on my scale, so I must be lower on WW scale. i can't wait until weigh in tomorrow, just to see where I'm at. (and if this hard work will pay off). but no matter what, I'll still be sticking with it because I like the way I feel. i feel great!!!

have a great day gals!!

ArtsyGirl
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Good morning gals. I'm supposedly going to the hematologists today. I'll let you know if and how it goes. I have such a bad attitude after getting cancelled on last week.

Ro-Good for you on day 3! I'm glad your scale is down and hope your weigh in is very rewarding for you.

Shelby-I'm also a SF gum addict. It helps keep my mouth fresh feeling and keeps me from munching. If that's your only vice I'd say you're doing well. I dont worry about mine much.

Shari-Hang in there with TOM.

Wendy-Cute pic. Love the hairdo. Its very flattering on you.

Well, I'm off to play a bit before my appt. I love that my appts are in Ann Arbor and I can wander around if I get there early. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Hola,

Honestly, the gum bothers me for a couple of reasons:
1. It's still a vice!!! I don't WANT to have any addictions! LOL (Okay, so this one's kind of minor)
2. $$. My BF and I are on a very strict budget, and as silly as it may sound, spending $25 a month on GUM is a little bit ridiculous (are you getting my nickname now, RidiculouslyAddicted?), KWIM?
3. I have bad teeth, and chewing the gum can aggravate them, giving me headaches, shooting pain, and a sore jaw.

So...

canadian mom
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
It sounds like you have what I do TMJ. I cannot chew gum because of it.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I just had a big NSV for me!!!!!

I was feeling crappy, a friend really upset me tonight, my boyfriend has his night class... Thursday evenings are usually the evenings I binge. Tonight, after my regular dessert, I was feeling like I needed SOMETHING ELSE. Well... I remembered the last time I binged, and how horrible I felt, physically and emotionally, and so....

...I went and hopped on the exercise bike and worked my tush off for half an hour, even though I already worked out this morning!! And I felt SO MUCH BETTER!! This is a HUGE step for me; I need to remember it the next time I'm feeling down. :D

ArtsyGirl
03-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi ladies, just a quick post to let you know that both dr. appts. went really well. At the hematologists I learned that while my protein c level is low, its not low enough to be "deficient" and therefore shouldn't be a big concern in my life. Basically stay on asprin every day and know what the symptoms of blood clots/stroke are. I can handle that. The neurologist pretty much backed that up and also said I need to stay on the B12 supplement and have it checked yearly to make sure my body is still absorbing it properly.

SO...no one truly knows what happened to me. I've had half the drs. guess a TIA, and half say they just aren't sure. Either way, I'm feeling good-headaches here and there-but no big problems or lasting effects.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!

canadian mom
03-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything is ok. Doesn't it suck that sometimes we have to accept the answer of i don't know.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Brandy~ You and I are in the same boat. No answers. Maybe a TIA,maybe not...glad you are feeling better though!

Been really busy here that past week and it looks to be the same for next week also. I'll try my best to get one here as much as I can though!
Have a good weekend ladies!

sotypical
03-25-2007, 11:28 AM
so after a very very very bad day yesterday, i told myself I was going to be good today...

well its 8:30 and I have already had a handful or two of chocolate mini eggs, haha

LaBonita
03-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey girls. I haven't been around the boards much the past week cuz I'm enjoying my spring break and the nice weather. I just can't sit inside on the computer on such a nice day. Dunno how I'm going to keep up with posting in the summer if I'm having such a problem now! LOL. But I'll figure something out.

And just wanted to report I lost two more pounds! And now I'm at the lowest weight I've been since my freshman year in college (I'm a senior now)! :carrot: Have a great Sunday girls....

canadian mom
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I wonder if Wendy is going to be around to start the new BTB or does one of us have to start it.

Oh yeah I am down 2 inches my waist is finally under 29 inches (28 3/4)

Wide in Winnipeg
03-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Yep, I'll be around!
Been so busy the past while, I feel like I'm ignoring everyone including myself!
Have some running around to do yet today so I'll check in later!

JasonsLea
03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Ro ~ So glad you seemed to have found what works for you. I am very proud!

Brandy ~ Glad you are doing better now though it sucks that the doctors don't know what's going on. Quacks.

Shelby ~ WOOOT for you!

LaBonita ~ CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi everyone!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Game 15 is up and running. Starts tomorrow! I think it will be stickied by then!