Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #1  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Default let's talk about SHOES

How fast do shoe sizes change? How much weight loss is needed?

I've lost just over 40 pounds and I can now fit a size 9.5 - 10 B (B = standard width). At my heaviest, I think I could fit into size 11s width wise, but they were obviously too long as far as length goes (which led to massive shoe-buying dilemmas!!).

Shoes tend to be expensive - especially good quality shoes. I am trying to hold off from buying shoes because I know I will require a smaller size eventually (YES! ) but I wonder if this is wise. I mean, I would probably have to lose another 40 lbs to go down another shoe size or half a size right?

I know this is one of those individual things so our experiences will differ, but I wanted to put this topic out there to see what everyone's experiences have been/are.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well, i guess it all depends on do you have a boney foot or a "padded" foot? I lost 110 pounds once and didnt really chance shoes sizes. My shoes fit me better, my foot didnt seem as wide i guess. But i was a size 10 when i started at 308 pounds and i was a size 10 when i weighed 193 pounds. So to me it comes down to how boney is your foot? My feet and hands are very boney and thin for my size, so there is really nothing for me to lose in those areas.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Funny you mention that I went shoe shopping today. I use to range from an 8 to a 9 depending on how wide the shoe was. I bought running shoes over the summer and had so much trouble because I went to the nike outlet and only found one style that fit - size 8.5. So tdoay I went to DSW to look for a new pair of dress shoes and a new pair of running shoes (no I don't run that much I started wearing my running shoes to walk to and from school because I didn't have another pair of tennis shoes so I wanted some running exclusive shoes) and I got a pair of 8 dress shoes. They were on the narrow side. The running shoes were a 7.5 they still had the extra room you should have in running shoes.

So I guess my suggestion would be if you are buying shoe that you need every day (like work out shoes) then go ahead and buy them now because you'll get the use out of them. But I would probable try and put off buying too many new pairs of expensive shoes until you get to a weight you plan on staying at.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #4  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

I've always worn a wide width, even when I was a skinny kid. I've lost 50 pounds and have gone from a 9-wide to 8-wide in shoe size. The 9s just fall off my feet now. Not sure why the length would be shorter now, unless the weight just pressed the feet out more????
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hmm, this is sorta along the shoe size thing.. I was noticing that my neighbour who weights 40 pounds more than me has nicer feet than I do. I know that sounds odd, but I have fat feet!! My neighbours feet are really thin and look nice, mine look all stubby and chubby. I wonder if you can spot reduce feet? heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

When I lose weight I go down in foot size. I'm wearing a 10W now, but I could prob do a 9 1/2 wide. I suspect my foot will go down to atleast a 9 regular if not an 8 1/2. My mom has very skinny, nice feet, AND they still lose weight when she does. She went from a 9 1/2 W to an 8!!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

I'm hoping I lose a shoe size, but I doubt it. My feet aren't really wide, but long. Toe to heel, I'll still probably be an 11. The difference between 10 and 11 (as far as shoe selection) is like night and day.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Before I gained all this dreaded weight I wore a 6 1/2 B, as my body grew, so did my feet. At my heaviest last summer most of my shoes were 8's, some wide some regular. A couple pair of sandals (the cheapy kind) were too small even in an 8. Now, I had to purchase a new pair of black heels this week for an upcoming event, they are a 7 1/2 B, and new casual shoes (Eastlands) are a 7B. My tennis shoes are falling off of me and they're an 8, so I guess that's the next purchase. I'm hoping to be back into a 6 1/2 when it's all said and done!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote