Support Groups - Faire Queens Sashay to the Spring Palace

Arabella
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Come one and come all Royal Personages (and you KNOW who you are!) Let your spirits be light and your journey pleasant as we saunter, slim and sashay towards the Spring Palace :cb: :cb:

Come in and make whatever kind of commitment you want. What will float your boat? What will enliven your days and bring you joy? Let's do it!

The vernal equinox approacheth. Avanti!

Arabella
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Ahhhh! Here we are again in the Spring Palace. So happy to be back!

My commitment is to:

Follow the Core program to the T
Do mind/body every day (meditation plus at least one of: yoga, tai chi, qi qong -- or Pilates if I ever manage to get started on it)
Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
At least 3 high-intensity aerobic sessions per week
3 circuit training sessions
At least 7 fruit/veggie servings a day
Have some FUN every day

Ah, such good and familiar goals. This year we shall be svelte!

flower
02-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Love the title of the new spring thread! Let me think on this.... Will be back!

Kaylets
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Hello all

Thanks for the new thread WoodNymph! Sashay is exactly what I need to do!

Hope everyone is well... I just poked my head in to say hello....
Bed is beckoning....

wsw
02-24-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for starting the new thread, arabella. it's been a while since i last checked in, but have been thinking about you all. this winter sure hasn't been the best for me physically, but up until the last couple of weeks, i hadn't really been using that as much of an excuse to get lax. recently, though, i have gotten very sloppy with my food plan. no more of that, though! will come up with my plan for sashaying into spring. take care, royals.

anagram
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Oh, Thank Thee, Faire Arabella, Queen of the Spring Palace. Yes, the thought of the Vernal Equinox bringeth to life the inner Queen. 'Tis also the approx. time I shall be returning to this brick and mortar palace from DDs. Surgery set for 3/7 (hosp. arrival time be 5:30 a.m. :yikes: Stitches come out 3/21 and then home as soon as seems prudent.

I'll think of goals but suspect it might just be to get through with as little setback as possible. Stopping some meds as of tomorrow and going to need to be real gentle with the old body.

Ah flower, would resist even the purchase but how can I when the smiling little purveyors are my only two grandchildren? 3 boxes already packed for helpful young neighbors, five for freezer. Looked at the Thin Mints last night and said no - for as you say, it would be the whole box.

Arabella
02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Aaaaaannnnd, what do I do, right off the bat? Went to a party last night and had too much wine, fattening apps and a piece of carrot cake with a smidgen of ice cream. I guess the occasional fiesta day won't hurt toooo much as long as it's the single day. I had fun, didn't stuff myself but was for sure over on cals and had some nonOP choices. I want to get back to the mode of not easing up even for parties -- planning ahead and being prepared. Next time! Today I'm definitely back on the horse and shall ride on. Fresh starts again.

I bring fond greetings from the Queens in yonder palace who can't make the trip so often. Eydie and Amarantha send a royal :wave:

WSW, good for you staying OPish until recent weeks. Perfect time to catch yourself, too. Kudos! :cb: :cb:

Anagram, it's nice that you're getting the surgery out of the way so early, too, so you'll be up and gambolling as the weather gets lovely. Yes, be gentle with yourself, by all means! :hug:

Flower, Kaylets :wave: We shall do this thing!

flower
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Okay, goals, timelines, ect ect....

I HAVE to make myself excersice. I have all these plans once I get to Florida but in the mean time I am just twiddling my thumbs. I must move my body 30 minutes every single day! {other than mom/cleaning duties}

I need to drink more plain water too. I am doing okay food wise. I used every single flex point this past week, but once they were gone, I knew no more splurges. Thankgoodness I start over today. :)

Scale goal? I would like to up it to 1.5 pounds a week lost instead of the 1 I have been doing.

I would like to start meditating as well. I have a few get started books and they have been just collecting dust. Would be a great way to rechannel my stress.

wsw
02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
i am ready to start my spring jaunt to a slimmer me. my plan for this block is to:
- go back to my old tried and true small, healthy portions food program
-keep up with my regular daily exercise routine
-meditate daily
-continue keeping up with my de-cluttering
-listen to more music which i enjoy, and all too often forget to do
-and have some fun each day (one of the hardest things for me to remember to do (i am indeed a work in progress.)

Arabella
02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Queenies! Wheat I had on Saturday night is making me feel the effects today: tired, achy, stuffy, cranky. I think I've got to cut out bread on a regular basis and just have it once in a while even if it's spelt.

Walked to the gym and back this a.m., did the circuit training and came back for yoga. Drinking the water. Will I meditate and have fun? I hope so, but like most of us it seems to be the hardest! :shrug:

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to print out my list of goals and check things off through the day.

I've got to get going here... :wave: Y'all!

ceara
02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Mornin' all!

Back to the basics sounds good to me....I know those feelings Arabella! WAlk, water and calories...controls and quality...here I come. I feel like I'm slipping...need to rein in myself.

Flower you are doing great!

:wave:....it is Tuesday...gotta go!

flower
02-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Done 1 to 185. I guess I should be happy it is moving in the right direction, right? I want to see bigger numbers, lol.

I have a cash offer on my house. I am countering cause she is insane if she thinks I am going to give it away. The realtor will be over today so I can sign the counter. We will see..... fingers crossed.

Kaylets
02-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Hello all...

Anagram.... Here's to the surgical procedure (s) going well....quick healing, minimal discomfort and lots of spoiling by dd, ds and the princesses.....
They will let you use their internet right???

Flower-- Smart girl! Its true, you have to play the game to win! Sometimes folks counter more than once too!

WSW-- Yes, decluttering is good for the soul....I am doing scheduled decluttering now at the job. One thing for sure, the result of knowing " check the file room first" sure makes for less sweat on the brow....

Why I hate filing so is a mystrey.... seems almost like a waste of time until later when you are looking for something....

Ceara--- local lady here pup won a big dog show.... It was interesting to read the paper and instead of thinking " Do I know this lady?" instead, thinking of you and wondering how you were.....

Ok...

Stress eating is a real downfall for me. I have proven to myself that eating is my #1 coping skill....

why am I suprised.... because I was sure it was a willpower issue.... yes, I know I've been saying I know better... but NOW I really do know better....

So....

Onward, forward,

HERE WE GO WEDNESDAY, HERE WE GO!

Thought of the day:
"When in doubt, just take the next small step."

Question of the day :
"How often do you take the steps vs the elevator?"

Tra la!

Arabella
02-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm back on track now after the party blip. But -- wow, I always forget how a "slip" (jump) off the wagon can have effects that last days. I was up 5 pounds from ticker (instead of the 3 that I've been doing battle with since January), tired, craving sugar, cranky, etc. Nope -- that sugar and wheat are just not a good idea for me. :no:

All is well again, though, and I'm back to the up-and-down 3 pound issue. Which I shall expect to see diminished by Friday (my new weigh day).

WSW, me too! I so need to listen to music and have fun -- must make those a priority!

Flower, keeping fingers crossed on your offer! :crossed: Congrats on the fluffy release!

Ceara, yup, those old basics work, for sure. Had someone ask the other day how I'd taken the 30 off and had to say -- well, eating less and healthily and exercising consistently. :shrug:

Kaylets, stress used to be my big one but now I think it's fatigue. If only I could learn to take a nap when I'm tired!

Anagram, are you back from Princessville yet?

K, Lovelies, I must apply nose to grindstone! Let's make this a good one!

anagram
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
G'mornin', Angelic Queenlies! Glad to see all doing better.

Crossing toes on your counter offer. At least if you comes to terms, a cash offer will go more quickly and you'll be on your way. That was the way the third time offer I mentioned way back went for us, at least. It was cash and a really nice buyer.

Wood Nymph, glad you're down to your 3 lb battle weight again. Me, too. I'm down to (somedays) just above that Onederland number but then I've been there so often :shrug:

Yes, Kaylets, I'll have internet access (much better than my own) and hope to keep up while I'm gone. I hate filing too and,worse yet, sorting out old files. Have been glad I have some semblance of order though as lately I seem to have needed lots of old records.

wsw, looks like some spring in your area. Hope it's helping you feel better. I'm off some of my meds now and treading cautiously.

So it's off to maybe buy some more underwear, then some other things I'll need. Stocked up at grocery store yesterday - not done yet. I have lots of sweet people who've offered to drive me around when I get home but don't want to take too much advantage. I'm sure I'll need a lot over the period of a month.

Basics will do it, ceara. I can't seem to get with/stay with them long enough any more to see any real progress. My plan had definitely been to lose five this past month and instead I'm still working on the same three pounds I was a month ago.

To be nice here today - hopefully more snowmelt. Backyard still looks pretty, esp. w/bluesky and light little fluffy clouds.

So I'm off.

flower
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Well, she wanted my house for next to nothing! Sorry, I can't afford to give it away. I supposeably have a showing tonight but have no idea when. guess I will be home for it as I don't know when I need to be gone. lol

I finally got my period! Only 3 weeks late. This hopefully will make me feel a bit less bloated and maybe make the scale go down another pound. Woohoo!

Not sure if you all know this or not, my teenager was being EXTREMELY difficult and I decided to let him live with his aunt in CA. This was Halloween. Well, he is being worse, not better so I will be retrieving him either when I move or in June when school is over for the year. I hate having him switch schools yet again, or I would bring him home right this second. I can't tell him or his brothers he is coming home yet, or no one will behave until the action is completed. Parenting is sooo hard sometimes. He just turned 17. Another year, I sure hope he grows up in a year or he will no have a clue on how to survive in the real world. I know some day we will be friends again, but the waiting is sooo hard. (this is causing me so much heartbreak) Life will be difficult with him back, esp as I know he will be kicking and screaming the entire time. His well being, safety means more to me wether he likes me or not.

That is what is on my mind right now. I sure hope the universe smiles on me sometime soon. There is only so much stress I can deal with at once.

ceara
03-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I like the ticker Flower...very springy and delicate looking! And decreasing! Too bad on DS...mine is 19 and didn't cause too many problems, but I figure I don't know everything he did either! He isn't a bad kid...nice young man. Hopefully yours gets through the growing pains and will settle down too! You are right, parenting is hard.

Ok....a new month. It is freezing rain here...I'm sure my walk will be very pleasant this morning. (tongue in cheek). I will have to find a slicker and needless to say I will be staying on the paved, puddle strewn part of the road...as opposed to the slick gravel parts. They were just nicely dry yesterday...sob!

Avanti ladies! Carpe Diem!

wsw
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
so far so good sticking with my plan.hi to everyone. just a quick check in this morning, since not feeling too well. will be back soon, and hope to respond more individually to you. in meantime, please know i am thinking of you all. take good care.

flower
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
On my open house there was a second party who loved my home. She already placed an offer on another house. Well, we just found out her sale fell thru and she is seeing my house again tomorrow. Fingers crossed! (I am taking this as a GOOD sign!)

I want to know why a WW 1 point taco soup recipe is so darn filling yet nothing else in the world is for 1 point. lol I do add a few things to it like a sprinkling of cheese and chips and ff sour cream. But it is so full filling!

I looked in the mirror today and realized my favorite tinkerbelle sweatshirt is entirely too big on me. It will be hard to say goodbye. But I should be able to find a replacement easy enough. It has a bleach stain and on black, not the most attractive thing. lol

I bought new undies yesterday. Same size as before but not stretched out. My others were riding up on the cheeks. Not a fun look either! I got satin/lace ones. Ooh la la

Is spring around the corner? I sure hope so! 21 days til my birthday. Yippy! How come 38 seems so much older than 37?

I am rambling, have a great day ladies!

ceara
03-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah Flower! You are doing so great! I agree, time to get a new sweat shirt! I've been re-saling just because I'm going through clothes faster than I wear them out, so I need to get things on the cheap. Can't complain though...at least the sizes are getting smaller! Good news on the house also....

Hope you feel better wsw....this weather can't be helping you much. Hang in there!

OK...gotta fly...the weekly brekkie is this am and I have 2 pies in the oven and I need to walk (swim!?!) at least 20 minutes...the ditches are overflowing....snow blocked and we got a fair amount of rain...yah-hah!

:wave:

anagram
03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Had a loverly lunch today - unfortunately in this case, loverly translates into millions of calories. Friend was known to proprietor who plied us with free wine (I only had one glass but usually have none - I'm off several of my meds at the moment so it was a good time to have some). Plus a complementary chocolate truffle (after we'd split a dessert). Can you still hear the thud reverberating?

Looks like a good sign on the house for sure, flower. Pies sound good, ceara. What kind? Yum,yum.

Weather very springlike today. Aaaah...................

flower
03-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Well, she rescheduled. :(

BUT I got a new dress today and it wasn't in a plus size store. WOOHOO!

ceara
03-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Rhubarb and apple. The house (and the van whilst transporting) smelled really good. It was all I could do to not pull over and just pig out!

Ok, the dinner mystery was good last night....tonight to go and we shall be finished! Ya-ha. I have to work today and have a gazillion things to do...:wave:

flower
03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I have never had Rhubarb, someday I will have to be adventuresome and try it.

I tried all my clothes on again today. Friends of MS will be in the neighborhood on Monday and I was sure I could donate a bit. (Of course I donated more than a bit, I have way too much-family of 6 has way too much always) I was much happier on how everything fit this time around and I could tell if I would wear it or not now. I tried everything on in front of a full length mirror. It wasn't enough that I could button/zip it, it had to make me feel good. I am content now. I need new shoes to go with my new found waredrobe, lol. It is always something, isn't it?

anagram
03-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Rhubarb and apple, how luscious. Never had that combo. Love rhubard/strawberry. Now, enough of that, anagram!

So good your new dress is in that other size range, flower. Seems so much like a whole new life, no?

Two more days until I leave. Busy as a beaver getting stuff together for my peace of mind and comfort while I'm gone. I really hate to leave my home. There's still some comfort of DH here. But it's a no choice thing so will bite bullet.

Tomorrow will be 50 years since I first met the love of my life and I'm working hard today so I have lots of time tomorrow for good memories and sort of celebrating. Then it's on to the next adventure. I'll be home in about two and a half weeks so it's not a tremendously long time but it seems so.

But the sky is blue and it looks like a lovely day today so I WILL work in some kind of FUN. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble getting that in.

Maybe we should declare a ROYAL FUN DAY at some point. Now what we'd do or how we'd manage it all at the same time I don't know but I'm going to spend some of my recuperation time thinking about it. Had ticket to see Irish Rovers next week with DS/DBIL and had been looking forward to that as a fun thing. Timing of surgery means a good friend of hers gets to enjoy instead. Also a friend had suggested we travel together to see the King Tut exhibit in Philly. So now she's made other plans to go. However, I ROYALLY promise you that once I can drive again (in late April-early May) the FUN genes are going to kick in. Long neglected - maybe they've atrophied and will need exercise to return to full blast.

Since I'm still off the meds, I just think I may have a little Scotch tonight. One fun thing anyway and I almost never have a drink any more. Music, Scotch, sounds promising.

QUEENS RULE :flow2: :flow2: :flow2:

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY :flow1:

flower
03-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Two and half weeks isn't that long, time will go quickly! {{hugs}}

Yep, my new dress is a XL so approx a 16-18. I looked at my old WW materials the other day and my last WI at a meeting (when I found out I was pg with Jack) I was 211! The other day I was 184.5! Woo hoo! I am hoping Wednesdays WI is a bit lower. I don't like Monday WI's cause Sunday is the day I use my flex points as I start over on Mondays. lol

A ROYAL FUN day is definately a good thing to start planning! When would a good day be for you?

ceara
03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok you guys. There were 2 pies...one apple and 1 rhubarb. Although apple/rhubarb might be good.....

Have had a long week-end...am going to finish up, log my calories and see how I stand. Bed beckons!

Arabella
03-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Tired again. I think I'm fighting a cold. Gosh, some energy would be useful :rolleyes: I did walk over to the gym do the circuit training, come home and do yoga, though. So I've got that much done, anyway. I had a couple of substantial slices of spelt bread both days on the weekend and I wonder, once more, if that's just too much. I won't eat bread through the week at least and we'll see if that makes a difference. Scale's also stuck... I'm down 1 pound so far for my challenge. Gonna have to move to make it...

On the bright side, it's a lovely day today. Fluffy and sparkly snow dusting trees, a white fog lifting up from the water in the harbour and the trees around in swirly mist against the sunrise. And not punishingly cold, either.

Ceara, your pies sound awfully good! There's nothing better than rhubarb pie with ice cream! :T Not that I would eat such a thing, of course. :)

Anagram, I'm positively perishing for a Royal Fun Day! Let's try to figure out a way to do it. Even if we just devoted ourselves to having as much fun as we could on the specified day and reported in. :) Do you want to wait until you've recuperated?

I love your celebrations of anniversaries with your DH -- it's such a wonderful way to remember him and so life-affirming! May you feel his presence today :hug:

Flower, keeping fingers crossed for you and the house sale! I feel for you with your troubles with DS -- truly, is there anything in the world more painful than problems with our kids? I have to say, though, I'm simply in awe of the way you're handling all of this -- and losing weight in the midst of it? You ROCK! :cp: :cp:

WSW, hope you're feeling better! Sometimes I feel like I could conquer the world if I just felt well. Maybe best for the world that I'm not up to it most of the time :chin:

Kaylets, how goes the battle?

K, Dovies, I must get to woik. Loves yas!

flower
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Arabella, hope you aren't getting a cold. This household has had them back to back the last 6 weeks. So hard to recover. My throat is sore today but could just been from mouth breathing last night, lol.

Today is the day I THOUGHT hubby was coming to get me. Part of me is wishing he got on the plane anyways and will be calling at 11 from the airport. I know it won't happen as he has to be back at work in a day (he has 3 day weekends) but still miss him terribly. Will have to be on the watchout for mindless eatting today.

My legs are sore today. I caulked a ton yesterday and the ladder usage kicked my butt! I am going to try and get in a walk today. Hope the weather cooperates!

wsw
03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
arabella-hope you aren't getting sick again.

anagram-i will be thinking of you when you have your surgery, and hope your recovery will be speedy and smooth.

yesterday was my (54th) birthday. i really had a nice time. one friend took me out for brunch. a couple of other friends took me for a little drive in the afternoon and then out for dinner. they brought me gorgeous spring flowers which filled up 5 large vases, and smell just divine. i have them all over the living room and bedroom. it was nice waking up to the scent of spring flowers and eucilyptis. i am worn out today after my big day yesterday, but it was worth every tired moment. :)

well, i did splurge yesterday with birthday cake, but had planned for it. today, back on the more straight and narrow. hello to all our royals. thinking of you. take care.

Arabella
03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Bless you and may this be a year full of wonders for you! Thanks be to the Universe for bringing you into our lives. :)

:hb: :gift: :balloons: :cheers:

flower
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
WSW-happy birthday! May the universe smile on you and yours this year!

anagram
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
What a wonderful birthday, wsw! And what wonderful friends! FIVE vases of flowers - wow!

I had missed your earlier post about your son, flower. I think 17 is such a tough age - they're really feeling their oats that year. At least mine were. I used to say it was God's way of getting me ready to let them go. (It worked!) And you are doing so well with all the rocky road you're on right now.

That's how I think about the world if I felt well too, WN. Actually, since I've been off some of my meds the last week or so I think I've been feeling better - go figure. Will pass that by the internist when I get back. Maybe I can cut back on some a bit. Or maybe it's my imagination - maybe I'm just antsy.

I know I mentioned a tax problem a couple of weeks ago. Friend of DH checked on it and was told it was "settled" - no idea what was going on and don't care as soon as I get the paper saying so. Just very unsettling. Got another letter today saying IRS audit of DH's old firm is done as well and will have no impact on me. Thank goodness. So things are settling down a bit. I'm all ready to go tomorrow (one last load of clothes in washer and maybe I'll vacuum a teeny bit - or not), things are all lined up. So it's the surgery and the lawsuit and then on to FUN.

I'd have more fun recuperated but we can always do more than one FUN DAY. So whenever one is declared....... I'm going to sit and plan a lot of fun during the first few days after surgery. And FUN can be so many things. Late this afternoon, I just went to one of our fave parks and sat there (in the car) and enjoyed the cold day and the familiarity of the place. It'll be a while until I even get to do that again and then SPRING will be in full bloom. I'm really looking forward to the flowers coming up.

Oops, on the pies. Any one/both/combination would be loverly.

Kaylets, how is DH doing on new diet? You?

Well, I'm off for a couple of days. Will be checking on the Palace eventually but probably not for a couple of days.

Sayonara................

ceara
03-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Thinkin' of Anagram and her surgery.

Wsw...happy be-lated returns. Sounds like you had a great day!

Gotta fly-bye...have a vet appt this am and the heathen looks like....well...a heathen. Must eat brekkie and groom!

Will be back later! :wave:

wsw
03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks for all the birthday wishes! hopng your surgery went well today, anagram. i am definitely back on track with my food and exercise program now. well, just this quickie post since i need to get a few errands done. take care, all.

flower
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Anagram-wishing you healthy recovery vibes!

Hubby got us a place to live down there. It is avaiable MArch 24th. One less thing to worry about. Now just need to find out when he can get 10 days off work and my house really needs to sell!

Oh yeah, down 1.5 this week! Woo hoo! I really want to be 179 (down 20) before hubby gets me. I have btwn 2-4 weeks to loose 4.5 pounds.

flower
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Someone asked me yesterday if I had lost weight, Woo hoo!

wsw
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
flower-congrats on the weight loss, and on being asked if you had lost weight!

and to all our lovely roayals, good afternoon. had lunch out today with a friend, and though i was tempted by some certain foods which i don't usually have, i did not give in, which pleased me. well, need to get to some paper work which i have been putting off, so i will be on my way. also need to get in the rest of my exercising for the day. take care, all.

Kaylets
03-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Hello all!

Hoping Anagram is doing well and even enjoying the royal attention she so richly deserves!

Congrats Flower! You are an inspiration!

Happy Birthday WSW !! And good for you going to lunch and making wise choices.....

Ceara! How are you?

Wood Nymph too, how are you??

We had snow Wed... really more of a nuisance but there were over a 100 fender benders because of it.... I tried to get to work but after the 2nd detour decided I'd rather wait it out at home..... Naturally, the rest of the week was off kilter.... Last night, coming home from work I hit a pothole which IMMEADIATELY blew out my front passenger tire. Good news, I wasnt on the Intersate.... Bad news, on a very busy country road that is better known by Route numbers than name and the Road Service gentleman didnt have a map or a real knowledge of the area. A good samaritan and DH arrived before the Road Service finally found me. Wasnt too cold waiting but sure was an amazing metaphor for how life is sometimes.......

So.... good news is that I wasnt planning on working today so I can get a replacement tire put on and put the spare ( do they call them doughnut's in Canada too?)
Bad news.... I have to go and buy a tire....( I am leery of having the flat one repaired and driving every day on it.... I might have it repaired just as an additional "real" spare ....)

Ah well..

As for food.....

Lets put it this way.....

I've had more cheeseburgers in t he past two weeks than the past 5 years....

no-carb too tough....

Moving back to WW's .....w/ a blend of core/points....

Ah well!

Arabella
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Good morning, Queenlies! :wave: I'm actually working part-time next week and will do as little as I can get away with. As usual, I've got a gazillion things I want to get done and hope to be energetic enough to actually get through some tiny portion of them. And then, somehow, to restore balance to life so that work doesn't seem to take all the energy I've got. I've done well in a lot of ways in the past months: eating healthily, exercising regularly, getting an (almost) daily yoga practice established, etc. Unfortunately, it hasn't led to weight loss, even when I feel it should have. I'm going back on South Beach induction starting tomorrow. It's always effective and makes me feel good, too.

Also have a concert tomorrow, mostly a reprise of the November 11th concert. However, I haven't managed to practice enough and I'm not sure that I'll be able to contribute much. I'll see how I feel tomorrow...

We've got our best friend couple coming for dinner tonight. I'm making a chicken tagine, some kind of fennel and a raita. DH is making a pilaf. For starters, I'm making smoked salmon and cream cheese on rice crackers with dill and red onion garnishes. Crudites on the side. And I'm buying baklava from the Arabic grocer's around the corner for dessert. It's very good -- everyone loves it -- but I don't have difficulty turning it down because of the white flour factor.

:queen: Anagram, I hope you're recovering well after your surgery. Sending healing vibes! :goodvibes: :hug: What kind of fun can we get up to next week? :chin:

Kaylets, I've tried the very strict low-carb (like Atkins) and decided it wasn't for me. I like South Beach, though and find it very easy once i get going on it. Thinking of going back to WW, though, for the motivation of the weekly WI . Clearly, though, somethin's gotta give, if I'm going to lose this weight. :yes:

WSW, how empowering, refusing temptation like that! :cb: :cb:

Flower, you're doing so fantastic! :eek: I gotta get my mojo workin'...

Well, Lovelies, DH calls... Have a lovely Saturday!

ceara
03-12-2007, 08:32 AM
What an interesting meal Arabella! I had unexpected company for dinner last night...I had settled for a short nap, and actually got it yesterday afternoon, when the dratted phone rang, and then I heard voices. I assumed it was DD and her BF but when I looked out the window, it was my best friend and her BF, getting ready to feed the bees. So she and I went for a walk when they finished, and the guys barbequed pork chops. We made a salad and I cooked some asparagus and brussel sprouts. The guys had baked potatoes too, and there was fresh pineapple for dessert. A far cry from the chicken caesar I was planning to have!

Good practice last night, and I have extra work stuff to do this week...so gonna hop along! Our All-Breed show is this week-end and I'm quite sure that will be a bit stressful....I work it not show it...I need to start on the stewarding assignments...

Flower, you are on a roll! Wsw, hope your lunch out was good, and the exercising went well. kaye...here's some :dust: to shoo the cheeseburgers away. I checked out the nutrition on some of that stuff....yuck. Thinkin' on Anagram...sending healing vibes that way :grouphug:

flower
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I finally decided to do my fall/winter outside cleaning/gardening. lol Took me long enough. 3 bags later my flower beds look so much better. The iris are starting to come up. I do hope I get to see one open soon but I would rather be sold and moved and buy some iris at the flower market. lol

After that I got the urge to rearrange the living room. I thought I was done but Jack is crawling nopw and he immidately discovered the glider and pinched his fingers. I need to redo that corner or give away the chair. Pinched fingers are not fun to deal with. I am going to be SORE tomorrow.

Kaylets, tire problems are such a pita. I hadn't had a flat in 20 years and then the past year, I had 4 of them!

Arabella-enjoy pt work week!

Ceara-what a wonderful dinner surprise.

To everyone else, have a wonderful Monday! My teenager didn't want to go to disneyland with his aunt so he is coming home Tuesday-Sunday. This will be a fun week. Everyone fighting over the computer/tv/phone/bathroom. Wonder if I will need to color my hair my this time next week with all the new gray hairs I am sure to sprout!

Arabella
03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
I've finally lost a couple more of my quota for this challenge. Still not back to ticker but just a bit more than a pound to go.

But that's not the surprise... Yesterday I had a phone call from my sister. 25 years ago, she'd given up a baby girl for adoption and that girl, now the mother of a 4-year-old girl herself, tracked her down. Quite a surprise for my family, because only two of us ever knew that my sister was pregnant. She had a 3-year-old at the time; the father broke up with her when he found out she was pregnant and she just knew she wasn't up to having another baby to look after. So, when she started to show, she moved away until after the baby was born. As it turns out, the nurse who took care of her adopted the baby.

My niece came here to go to university and people kept asking her if she was a _______ (my last name). She mentioned that to her adoptive mother who told her, yes, that was her birth mother's name. So, the enterprising young thing did some research online and found my sister and me and wrote a long letter. They've had several long phone conversations and are going to meet on the weekend. My sister said it was just like she'd known her forever, even just hearing her voice on the phone.

Everyone in the family is pretty excited. When my sister was telling me about it, the hair stood up on my head and I kept getting full-body chills.

Yup, life is full of surprises. You just never know what might happen, which I like to remind myself of from time to time.

Anagram, I hope you're recovering well and that you're just quiet because there's been some issue with getting online :goodvibes: :hug:

Flower, well, I'm kind-of getting a tiny start on my spring cleaning. I'm just not sure what year -- maybe somewhere around the turn of the century? Good luck with DS coming home/hair turning grey. Just remember not to pull it out, you can always color it but bald patches you don't need.

Ceara, I love the sound of your surprise dinner with friends. I love having that kind of casual get-together possibility. It used to be a pretty common thing when I was younger. Now things are so much more scheduled and regimented. Must work on that!

Kaylets, hope you're recovered from tirescapade and cheeseburgers. I've got to say, a cheeseburger sounds good. It must be at least a couple years since I've had one... It's amazing how I manage to keep the weight on. :chin:

I'm going for breakfast and a walk with a friend, so I'd best go get ready. Let's make this a good one!

ceara
03-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Mornin' All!

Well spring is coming...we all knew it would!

Anagram....sending healing thoughts your way!
Flower, you are doing so great. Have a good time with your son...they are only this age once...believe it or not!
Arabella....that is so cool! A friend of mine had that happen...her half brother (whom she did not know existed) found her shortly after her mother died. I hope the planned meeting goes well for all!
Kaylets...I hope things are settling down for you. It seems that obstacles are just a fact of life. Cheeseburger....take the cheese off...that'll save 80 or so calories!
How're you doing wsw? It must be way springier there!

Well I've planned to do many things in my head today, and if I don't start on them, none will come to fruition. Take care all! Enjoy your day!

Arabella
03-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Holy smokin' Ceara! I just noticed your tracker -- 22 pounds off since November -- WOW!!! Awesome, Dude!

Springier here too, although the sleet-y, bitter wind-y kind of spring day. Just walked around the harbour with my friend and thence for a nice spinach omelette and coffee. Feel like having spelt toast with honey and cinnamon now. But won't. :nono: If I'm diligent, I can have results like yours :yes:

flower
03-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Arabella-congrats on getting a "new" niece!
Ceara-enjoy "emptying your head". lol

I found 2 sets of measurements to compare to. One was before being pg with Jack, one at the end of 2006. (they were the same!) Old numbers first and then my new numbers as of today second!

waist 44/38.5
hips 51/43.5
chest w/ bra 48/44
ribs 40/37
thighs (largest part) 24.5/24
calves 16/15
upper arms stayed at 14
wrist 6.75/6.25
*** 44.5/42.5

That is a total of 23" from all over!!!!! Only 17 pounds but a whole lot of inches!

wsw
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
ceara-congrats on that marvelous weight loss since nov! woo-hoo!

arabella-that is neat news about your niece finding you and your sister. :)
congrats on your weight loss!

flower-way to go on losing all those inches!

anagram-hope your recovery from surgery is going well. sending lots of good, healing thoughts your way.

kaylets-sure glad to hear you weren't hurt when you had that recent tire blow-out! what a pain situations like that are.

i am just getting over the stomach flu, and starting to feel better tonight, so hopefully i can get back to most of my regular exercise and food plan tomorrow. it has gotten warm here, which i am glad about. well, i hope everyone has a pleasant evening. take care, all.

ceara
03-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the congrats...The land far away has certainly aided me in this journey...being able to quickly log stuff. I wouldn't have done that had it been paper and pencil and referencing calories etc...I actually started to jog yesterday! (I was doing that in the fall but refused to freeze the lining of my lungs all winter...it was bad enough walking.)

Spring is coming...the frogs have been singing...currently we have a huge one in our garage...it was hopping and trying to get in there last night...so he is in a bucket. It snowed and went below freezing. DH figured he'd be toast if he were left out...no time to get under cover before it got cold about 9-ish. So he rescued him...hopefully he makes it. Or maybe it is a she?

Have been seeing flights of geese going north...already. And apparently the swans are out on the lake....I'd love to see them. Maybe I will have to drive over and look....

WTG Flower on the pounds and inches....gratifying isn't it? You are doing a great job!

Feel better wsw...there were some really strange bugs this year out there!

You will do it Arabella...just gotta get that head in the right space, and be selfish in leaving it there! I am. My exercise is constantly moving up in the importance scale. I feel better when I do it and it benefits me in a lot of ways through the day. I actually miss it if I can't get it in...NEVER thought I'd say that!

Anagram, check in when you can....where's Kaye these days?

Gotta go....another programme this am...

flower
03-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Ceara, I just love toads/frogs. They make me so happy. The iris have started to poke there foliage thru the ground. Yeah, spring! 1 week til my birthday! I even slept with the window cracked last night.

Wsw-flu, no fun! Hope this is the end of the ickies. {{{hugs}}}

Scale didn't go down yesterday for my "official" Wed WI, but it did this morning. 182!

anagram
03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi, all. Finally able to check in. Tough tho, strange com[puter and can't quite get close enough with leg needing to be extended, et.c.

All going well so far but difficult phsyically. Stitches out the 21st and heading home the 24th. Pins out later. Princesses not tired of me quite yet but it's sure different when I can't get around.

More anon when I have a chance to read more, etc.

Arabella
03-16-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm going for a little weekend getaway to Halifax with DH. Three nights without cooking dinner! :cb: :cb: Not sure what we'll get up to, beyond dinners and a brunch with nephew who's going to school there. DH's MO is always: go to music store and bookstores and maybe go to a movie or watch one in the hotel room.

I'm thinking that it would be good to take a walk in the park there, take advantage of the sauna and pool at the hotel, spend some time browsing at Ikea and Pottery Barn.

When Monday comes, I'm committing heart and soul to my quest again. Not going to go off the rails over the weekend but may splurge a little bit.

:queen: Anagram, I'm so happy to hear from you! I was starting to worry a wee bit. Glad recovery's going as planned!

:queen: Flower -- wow, another drop on the scale! You're smokin'!

:queen: Ceara, how right you are! I just have to get my head in the right place to do exactly what I need to do. And I WILL! :yes: I do have the exercise down. Have been pretty consistent with it forever. I'm going to look into the Ultrametabolism thing some more.

:queen: wsw, I hope you're back up to speed and enjoying your warm weather. How warm is it, anyway? Inquiring and envious minds want to know ;)

:queen: Kaylets, how goes it in your realm?

K, Dovelies, I've got some work to get through before we leave. Part-time week has, as predicted, not seemed like a lot of time. I'm going to try to sneak a bit more time next week, too, I think... :s:

Have a wonderful weekend -- see you on Fresh Start Monday!

flower
03-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I got a stomach bug, anyone want to come to Reno and watch my darling 9 month old monster so I can nap?

wsw
03-17-2007, 11:20 AM
anagram-so nice to see you posting, and on the road to recovery from your surgery.

arabella-have a marvelous weekend getaway.

flower-sorry to hear you got a stomach bug. you know i am sympathetic! i hope you feel better a.s.a.p.

ceara-that is neat that you are starting to jog again, now that the weather permits. i think i am also finally getting my head in the right place to do things which are good for me. it is feeling more natural again, and not as much of a chore as it had been for a while lately.

hello kaylets. how are you?

getting over the flu slowly but surely, and getting back more energy. have started back with regular exercising and food plan now. i am listening to my meditation cd's again more consistently, which is also helpful. well, i hope everyone has a good weekend. take care, all.

anagram
03-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Just lost a nice long post. Need to calm me down before I start in again.

So - just HI.

anagram
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
so, while rerelaxing, I read missed past posts. Wow, so much excitement.
Good for Arabella - how great to have the family expansion! And yikes for Kaylets. Hope your tum's better, flower and great for having a place to move but even greater that you'll be 20 pounds lighter to impress DH.

Thanks for the greetings, and esp your email, wsw. How'd the Puppies do at the show, ceara.

Nice weather here last week but not for me as I've not beeen outisde in 11 days. Home next Sat. DS taking me up then. Fingers crossed. Friends, neighbors have been coming through for me again, fortunately. Cleared 8 inches of snow there, etc.

Described meals sound great. Healthy cooking DIL has sent over some food. Most of my "wildness" tamed. DD commented on how little I eat. Yeah, but....Proscribed inactivity not helping though I've been doing some chair exercises and getting on the "knee caddy" involves a lot of muscle - mine and DDs.

flower
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Losing a post bites! {{hugs}}

Well, I am going to be off line in a few days. My hubby got off work from the 22nd-2nd and he is coming out to get me. Nope, we haven't sold the house, but he got a place there and if I have to pay for 2 places, why not be where my hubby is?

I have under a week to get it all done. I will post one more time before the internet cuts off. Not sure when I will get it back on down there but I hope it won't be too long of a wait. I can always take the laptop into a free internet cafe.

I am taking a WW break for 2 weeks. I sure hope I have learned enough and am moving around enough not to undo any of my hard work. I have a b-day coupon to rejoin meeetings for free. So, once I get down there, I am starting up meetings again.

Take care Royal friends and you all will be missed!

anagram
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
thought I'd send two parter so not to risk another post loss.

My motivation to get going again has been growin by leaps and bounds as I sit here sort of "unable" - hope it comes home with me.

FUN right now is mostly the princesses. Won't get to go hear them sing in choir at Spanish Mass today but did hear their sweet practice w/Dad accompanying. My fist FUN at home will just be being there, I think. But I'm going to give FUN a priority - sounds right for spring, doesn't it. And it's so close, I'm feeling the TINGLE....................

There were two problems re getting online. One was the still existing problem of getting foot (extended leg) to a reasonably comfortable position and also finding a way to back me up chair, etc. Getting better re all that. Bigger problem was that security conscious DS felt he had to do major upgrades to his less SC sister's computer before he could, in good consience, let me use it. She has been massively taking good care of MOM and he's been here Sat, Sunday, yesterdy and is coming today. They'll be Mommed out but I guess it IS good I came here for the surgery..

Well, Ms SIX is sitting here watching TV so perhap I'd best share time. And now TEN walked in as well. Both dressed in their choir outfits, black skirts, white blouses, red ties. They do love their choir.

Later................................

anagram
03-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, what good news. You will sure be busy. But a big step in the right direction to your whole new life. FUN though lots of work.

Good luck - we'll be thinking of you.

ceara
03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Anagram...how nice to see you in the palace...hope that your recovery continues to go well! Yes spring is in the air, between the snow showers that is....ah well. That is the season.

I have a ton of stuff to do today, so must be off. Am still quite tired, but life goes on! At least the show ran well....I am president of the club who put it on....worked in it because I couldn't exhibit. Club members work this one...and darned hard I must say!

anagram
03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Two more days until I can hopefully walk again. At least gingerly :-O

Oops, ceara, when you said "show", I just assumed 'showing'.

Pleasant but cold today. It's now 12 days that I've been totally indoors. Haven't let me mind but I THINK I'll be glad to be out on Wed. even if it is just going to the doctors.

Sister walked in and surprised me yesterday. Seemed I had just been on the phone w/her. Long visit - good catchup. I'll really need her to visit when I'm home but she'll do that too.

ceara
03-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you are just trundling along wonderfully Anagram! It is always nice to be back in your own home! It is the stages...out of the hospital, to the inbetween place (my Mom's when I did this) and thence home. Nothing beats your own bed!

Didn't get in my walk yesterday...my heels are sore from being on them and in the same loafers for 2 days...am aiming for a long one today. Gotta boogey...my :coffee: should be ready!

Have a great day all! (Where are ya'll?)

:wave: :dust:

anagram
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I say, quite quiet in the palace recently. I have little to add. Been eating too much since Sunday - had been doing really well until then. Only four days until home if all keeps going well. ;)

Kaylets
03-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Hello all.....

Seems like its been forever....

We had another icey noreaster type of deal. DH came to pick me up from work and it took us 2hrs to get part way home. We stopped at the diner and ate and watched the bumper to bumper traffic. An hour later, it was a tiny bit looser but still very, very heavy traffic and the sleet was freezing everywhere and everything. By moring we had about 4-5 inches of frozen slush. Frozen hard. Wouldnt even budge when I walked on it.

Meanwhile, DH had been fighting a "chest cold"....By Sat we realized it was a form of the flu... He has to be very careful what type of Over the counter pills to take. I found a couple to get him thru until he felt well enough to drive me to the store to get him more.The truck is a stick shift. I havent driven a stick in 30 yrs and an ice storm is not a good time to learn!
By Sunday, it was obvious DH was going to be sleeping most of Sunday too.

Too bad my car was still at my job. I asked someone to take me to my car but that wasnt possible. Sad when you realize that a friendship is just onesided.
By about 10 DH woke up and decided he needed to go to his office for an hour or so. Once he was showered and still sure he wanted to go, I said "Ok, then take me to my car'.... wasnt till we were on the road I shared w/ him about the "friend" turing me down.

SO...

And...looks like our upstairs bathroom is leaking. thru the downstairs ceiling.
enough to make the carpet downstairs very very wet in a certain spot....

SOOOOOO>.....

Glad all is well with the rest of the royals.

Glad the flu has past on both coasts ( Wsw and Flower), that Anagram is getting better and better and that Woodnymph is enjoying time with her DH, and Ceara, jogging!!

Take care all!

ceara
03-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi! Kaylets...there isn't a little cloud following you around is there? Geesh. Some friend. Hope the leak is esily fixed...we had a pin hole in copper piping a couple years ago....what a pain. It was from the days of the sulphur well...sulphur and copper don't mix well....

Yes Anagram...it is quiet here....Flower is moving south...so she's offline. :dunno: where Arabella is these days, and wsw checks in periodically. Punkin hasn't been around for ever....although she was doing very well last I saw her.

I've got a busy day shaping up, and 2 kiwi fruit are not going to hold me long! Gotta go!

Arabella
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Fly-by postie. Doing okay -- had some emotional "issues" come up that resulted in me going off the rails for a few days. Back on again now, having a nice cup of Perfectly Pear White tea.

I'm stuck at 3 pounds off for the Spring Fling -- which we've reached, freezing temps. or no.

I did have a nice thing happen, though -- I had about 6 pots of bulbs sitting in the unheated porch that were earmarked for the garden last year. They never made it in and I thought they were probably kaput. But, lo and behold, when I looked at them the other day I saw a couple of brave shoots sticking their noses up. And today, I see the same in all the pots. This despite a winter in a freezing porch and no water since last spring! :shrug: Wow -- there's a lesson there somewhere, I'm sure.

Ceara, you've done great on your challenge. Very inspiring! I'm 100% today for the first time in a while. I shall emulate your path to victory.

Anagram, so glad you're recovering well. I bet it will be good to get back home, though. And I'm sure you'll have plenty of visitors to help until you're back up to speed.

Kaylets! :hug: Wow, you've had an awful time of it lately! Your travel stories have been enough to make a body just want to crawl into bed and hibernate until it's REALLY spring -- you know, warm weather, sunshine, that kind of thing?

WSW, hope you've recovered! Is the weather lovely where you are?

Is Flower in transit yet?

K, Lovelies, I must get back to work. It continues insane as always -- getting yanked out of one emergency project for another and constant pressure to produce more, more, more. :eek: Beam me up, Scotty.

ceara
03-22-2007, 07:38 AM
:wave: Arabella! You should bring that pot indoors and put it in a sunny window...they would be like forced bulbs and you might have flowers before Easter! Water would help.

Flower is in transit. The rest of us are just bumbling along. I've got a million head projects and no time so must be off...besides the heathens are pretending that they are gerbils...I hear paper ripping up there.....

Arabella
03-22-2007, 09:51 AM
One good day down and I feel SOOOO much better :) It's amazing how that works. I'm doing a South Beach-y flour-less, sugarless, no artificial ingredient kind of thing. Started my yoga, did a little work, puttered a bit. I'm heading out for a walk in a few minutes before the rains begin. Will meditate and finish yoga this aft.

Ceara, thanks for the advice! That's just what I'll do, too. :yes: I had a dozen daff bulbs in the back of the fridge that a neighbour gave me, too. This morning I lined a big basket with plastic, filled with soil and planted 'em up. I love spring bulbs!

I gotta git before DH is home a' lookin' for lunch.

:wave: Queenies all! Let's make this a good one!

flower
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Checking in from my mil's computer. {{wave}}

Hubby gets here TOMORROW! Today I am 38! We load the van Saturday! So much going on in one little week. I miss you all already! Take care, stay healthy. Hope spring returns to you all soon. {{{{hugs}}}}

Arabella
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
:hb: :balloons: :cheers:

Wow, 38! What a nice age! :) And we already know this is going to be an exciting year for you. Have a wonderful celebration -- tomorrow too! ;)

ceara
03-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Happy Birthday to Flower! What an exciting time of year for you! Have a great reunion! ;)

Am in a hurry...what else is new? The internet connection is quite slow, we've had one minor power glitch and my computer froze. I should just go for a walk!

:wave: Have a great day :queen:

wsw
03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
happy birthday, flower!!!!!

Kaylets
03-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello all.....

Went to see my nephew in Man of La Mancha again this past Thursday. The play has evolved some, movements on stage altered, etc.... Everything seemed so much tighter and polished.
Which makes sense since they've done nearly 90 performances since the last time we saw this them.
At the last minute, my brother-in-law and niece drove from CT to NJ to take my nephew back to CT with them. The tour was heading there the next day and this way my nephew had a few extra hours with his family.
And for us, we were able to visit with them too.

So, I too have "been off the rails" but like Don Quixote, am back to "My Quest"...

Hoping Anagram is doing well....

And hoping Flower is enjoying her trek across the country....

Ceara, Wsw, and Wood Nymph....
LETS MAKE IT A GREAT SUNDAY!

Tra la!

anagram
03-25-2007, 10:21 AM
HOME, HOME, BLISSFUL HOME. DS brought me in last night and things seem good already. He's getting ready to hit the road to see wife who's taking care of her Mom after surgery. Then back here before home.

Treated like royalty by daughter, princesses crying because I left. But so much more pleasure in being home. And bulbs popping up!!!!! Including the ones DS and I planted last fall by "our" bench in the cemetery. And our mum survived.

I am planning a week of further recuperating (in some senses) but am starting on intake immediately. Not perfect but more in line with my usual stuff. JOY, FUN to be prime ingredients. Right now HOME is FUN enough but a slow read of the papers, a few phone calls, etc. and slowly, slowly sorting through stuff. In better shape already than I expected to be so things are going well. Will tackle a bit of THE LIST tomorrow and also catch up on posts as time goes by.

SPRING is so NICE, NICE, NICE.

Arabella
03-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Not, mind you, that it's above freezing here today. But it's bright and sunny and supposed to be over the freezing mark tomorrow. I guess I'll take it!

We've had a total love-fest with our new relatives. I can't believe how perfectly she fits in to the family. And she's very happy to be part of us, too, which is neat. She looks like all of us, is a reader and a writer and has done some theatre, etc. You would think she'd always been around.

DH and I went out to the Culinary Institute for dinner last night. It was very good -- and so was I. No banned substances. :nono: Pistachio-crusted scallops on polenta and julienned vegetables, preceeded by crab cakes on baby greens w. vinaigrette. A couple of glasses of very good wine. And an extra 10-minute stroll there and back. The restaurant overlooks the harbour and the sun was just setting beyond as we finished. Nice! And I didn't have to cook or clean up. :cb: :cb:

Anagram, I'm so happy that you're happily back in your nest again. Sounds lovely! And I'm also very glad that the surgery went well, you're recovering nicely. And it's over! Hurrah! :)

Kaylets, yup, the quest! We shall be SVELTE!!!

Ceara, hope your computer glitch was fleeting. Can you get high-speed there? I know that Netscape has a high-speed dial up that's supposed to be 19 times faster than the cold-molasses dial-up I remember. Ugh.

WSW, how are you doing?

I think I'm going to try to whip off my first outdoor set of tai chi...

Love!

anagram
03-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Now, that meal, walk, view sound like FUN to me. How lovely! And just how marvelous can it be to find that someone you never knew IS someone you've always known. What a genuine GIFT! So happy for all.

Springlike weather here. Not the above average we had an occasional day here or there to tease us. Just the feeling that all's going to burst forth any minute now. Of course, I've mostly (totally?) been inside but yesterday was nice enough to have the front door open a little and look out. I'm going caneless most of the time, just not doing stairs yet. Straightened out my surroundings to fit current lifestyle and got enough rest - ;) - is there ever enough?

Sis showed up w/a mite of stew which I'll have for lunch. Diet much improved yesterday, water, etc. better. Exercise too but only in the sense that I did more walking around the house, up and down from recliner, etc. Still, it's more than in two/three weeks. And in a sense, that was FUN.

So - how about a FUN REPORT, Queenlies. WN has had some, I see, and I think the return of Flower's beloved would be much FUN. And certainly Kaylet's trip to see nephew in show and also see other family. So let's keep our eyes open for the opportunities and find a little more FUN in every day. That does seem to be the hard part for some of us to remember though we do seem to be a FUN group over all.

I must report that I had fun while at DDs because I introduced Princess Ten to embroidery and she just seemed to take to it. Might not last but for now she made me feel we shared a fun interim.

Well, this mid o nite session with the Royals has been fun but I think it would be better healthwise if I got some more sleep so back to the family room for me.

anagram
03-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Sorry, Kaylets, about the friend let down. I'm going to need to call on some of those who've been offering me help and I think there's always that fear that some of the nice offers might not be followed up on. It certainly was a good opportunity for someone you thought was a friend to help out

anagram
03-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Oh, blast. Had another thought. Though I've still been in the same general weight range, I've not "felt" as "slim". Recent pictures have shown me as more pudgy than my mental image.

Well, DS had dug out some shots of DH that I had asked about and lo - there was proof. I DID look much more slim at this weight about three years ago when I had more recently lost weight. I think it's been a general loss of tone because of lifestyle changes and overall stress. Or somehow a general shift of something or other. So I must remember that it's not all about the actual pounds - it's about the overall "fit" look (and feel) as well.

OK, now off to bed (recliner).

Arabella
03-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Good morning, Lovelies! Ahhhhh... such fresh breezes through the Spring Palace! Speaking of which, any thoughts on a new challenge focus? I'd be happy with a Summer solstice aim -- how does everyone else feel?

I did manage to squeeze off three fluffies :dancer: over the spring challenge. Or re-squeeze, to be honest. BUT I can still meet my goal for July, but have to definitely step it up to do it. Often seems to be spring when I get my mojo back :yes:

Anagram, I'm so thrilled with your recuperation progress -- caneless already seems like a great victory!

Love the idea of the Fun report -- let's do it! Having the report to think of is SO much more likely to make it happen. Lesseee... what'll I do today? :chin: Something!

K, :queen:lies, I must be off. Let's make this a good one!

ceara
03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Fun...yesterday that was seeing just what plants are coming up from last years planting. The delphinium are showing new growth, as are the hostas, foxglove (a creamy yellow one) and the bees balm. I was clearing beds yesterday with DH...it is supposed to rain today, so that is good timing. We also laid on the grass and listened to the spring peepers....there is one right out in our ditch and of course he wouldn't sing 'til we'd laid there a while. Amazing that something so small can make so much sound!

I have to go walk and ruminate...the dogs are all out, and my co-worker is ill. Do I want to go in and cover for her? Even though that is illegal...no supper, no breaks and against Employment Standards? Not really. Must think on this.

Anagram, glad you're home. I see you're up all night too....:lol:
Rededication...:yes: Arabella. I'm in with you.
Quest for today...find some fun, water, walk and calories...same ol' song!

Kaylets
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Hello all....

so glad to see so many of us are on the upswing.....

Anagram... how wonderful that you are home and doing so well. I remember being laid up and that wonderful feeling when the DR says " You can resume your usual activities"......

Fun report....

Rather than tell the NY Times I wanted a credit for papers that suddenly stopped comiing, I added Sunday delivery and am going to take the paper to work to read during my lunch hour. Am also hoping to take the paper down tot gym w/ me to read as I walk the treadmill...

And hopefully, that will be tomorrow.....

Here's a story I thought was a perfect good Morning thought for Monday

Thought of the day :

Mouse makes off with man's dentures
Associated Press

Posted Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 7:34 am
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Never underestimate a mouse's determination.

There's a mouse in Bill Exner's house that he says he has captured three
times. Each time, the mouse escaped, and the last time the rodent made off
with his lower dentures.

Exner, 68, said he and his wife Shirley scoured his bedroom after the
dentures disappeared from his night stand.

''We moved the bed, moved the dressers and the night stand and tore the
closet apart,'' he said. ''I said, 'I knew that little stinker stole my
teeth' --I just knew it.''

They found a small opening in a wall where they suspected the mouse was
coming and going, and their daughter's fiance, Eric Holt, stepped in to
help.

''He brought a crowbar and hammer and he sawed off a section of wood and
pulled up the molding and everything,'' Exner said. ''It was quite a job.''

They retrieved the dentures, and Holt suggested his future father-in-law
boil them in peroxide and whatever else he could find to disinfect it.

The mouse apparently isn't done. It frequently comes out and stares at
Exner, his wife said.

''He's taunting him -- I swear he's taunting him,'' Shirley Exner said.

Ok.....

Time to hit the shower

anagram
03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Rededication, summer meander - I'm in/up for it all. ceara, that lying in the grass thing sounds like lots of fun.

Fun for me today was browsing my newly arrived (finally) Elderhostel catalog. Sort of a good day today. Ended up doing more than anticipated getting things sorted out and back to as "normal" as I can with my stupid aerospace boot.

Also watching the bulb bed I can see from the family room door - seeing hints of yellow in the daffs and forsythia.

ceara
03-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Alrighty! Did not cover at work....and got a walk of more than 1 hour in, plus brushed out a dog...productive. For fun yesterday...besides the walk, I actually read a couple chapters in my book..:faint: Been trying to do that since Wednesday!

Funny story Kaylets....nice to start the day with a chuckle. Good plan on the newpapers...we use them here as blotting agents for wet puppies. Who reads 'em? I scrounge them from friends for that purpose!

Anagra,...I'm watching my bulbs too! Only with my nose next to them...you will be soon.

Today...want to walk again, plus maybe wash said dog? Or brush a puppy? Am I nuts? YES! Off I go! :wave:

Arabella
03-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Fun yesterday was going to choir practice, which I did -- instead of deciding I was too tired. I want to really KNOW this music in time for our May concert. And it's pretty complicated stuff! :eek: Nevertheless, I was happy to find that it didn't seem impossible. I've got the music at the computer and will practice here and there throughout the days. :yes:

That wasn't my planned fun -- I had intended to knock off work early and watch an episode of "Ghostly Encounters" without simultaneously working on the laptop. Howe'er, this and that intervened (as they will!) and DH was home before I got a chance. Might try to do that today...

I'm going to also try to get one pesky, energy-sapping task out of my life each day. Could be some cleaning task I haven't been getting to, sending a tax installment, putting in an expense report (last two here are must-dos by the end of the month -- ugh!)

Perfect day yesterday and looking at doing it again today. I'm a little short of sleep -- I find it hard to get to sleep right after practice and then the 5 a.m. wake-up usually gets me out of bed.

Ceara, I wish you lived closer! I've always got piles of newspapers for recycling. It's so blissful to get a chance to read a couple of chapters uninterrupted. :cloud9: What are you reading?

Anagram, how exciting to see some color coming in your gardens! And the elderhostel catalog sounds v. interesting, too. :)

Kaylets, that man's denture adventure reminded me of your comment last week about "how life can be sometimes." :lol:

K, Lovelies, I want to get out and walking before my coworkers come online and get in my way. It's mildish out there today, if a little on the grey side. I'll be back to post a new thread soon. Let's make this a good one!

anagram
03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
So many fun things - spring is so easy that way, isn't it? It's a lovely warm day here for this one day only. My cane and I made our way slowly down the driveway to the mailbox and I talked to a couple of neighbor guys. Then my sweet young neighbor brought over some soup. Another just called to see if I needed anything. Another is driving me to an unexpected appt. tomorrow. I am indeed blessed.

Shy on sleep too - am getting ready to try the steps and get into my longlost bed. But I'm making me use common sense and wait until tomorrow night when DS will be here before I try trekking that wooden hill.

I did get to read maybe 3 books while at DDs. Took none of my own as she always has many. Nothing major - but light. Did enjoy "The Nanny Diaries".

I like the "awful job a day" approach too, WN. Do it first thing and feel so "free" the rest of the day even though you're so busy with other things. It's just that one thing off the list freedom. And the more unpleasant the better - extra points there.

No idea where I am weightwise but feeling better overall so that's all good. Am mostly puttering around still putting things here and there or sorting out the odd piece of paperwork. All in all, not in too bad shape for being away for so long. Cleaning lady did not show nor return my calls. When I last talked to her right before I left she was taking her Mom to emergency room so I'm hoping she's just momentarily "distracted" and will still return. She's been coming more than five years but I've been araid lately I'll lose her help as she works a full time job as well and her Mom has moved in with her, etc. Well, what is, is, I guess. But still have fingers crossed.

Must find yard work help - nice day to think about that. ;)

:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow2: :flow2: :flow2:

ceara
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
My intentions are just to stay strong to myself and my usual programme for the next few days. I did have wine and a few indiscretions over last week-end, and hoping that by being stellar on this one I can break the barrier! I am still 1 pound from a new decade...or 2 depending on how you look at that...2 if I want a new number...so 2 pounds away. Blither, blather. Very dangerous time for me...I haven't been in this neighbourhood since before I got prego with DS...so more that 19 years....a long time.

I did go to bed last night in an effort to stave off food...I had a banana with organic peanut butter (just peanuts!), because I was starving...or thought I was when I got home. Then of course I slept badly. I should follow my own rule of no food after 3 hours before I go to bed! Maybe I will try that these three days....and see if I sleep better...of course the moon is waxing, so that does not help. And the frogs are singing all night...it is noisy in my bedroom when the windows are open!

Sounds like you are getting it together Anagram! Hopefully the housekeeper comes through for you...I could use one of those some days!

'K...off to put the heathens into the runs and then visit my flowers...guess maybe I should get dressed first...housecoat and snow boots is not appropriate wear for the front yard!!! ;)

Arabella
03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Good morning, Lovelies! Must be spring, this epidemic of not-sleeping going around the palace. I dragged my butt around the house all day yesterday but then late afternoon the fatigue just suddenly lifted. Which was great, except that it made me not want to go to sleep until after 10:30. Which would be okay, but for the blasted 5 a.m. alarum. I don't feel too badly today, in any case.

Fun yesterday was watching several episodes of "Ghostly Encounters" and "Rescue Mediums" while I did not-very-demanding work on the laptop. Hmmm... what shall I do to please myself today? :)

The sun actually made an appearance yesterday afternoon and we were above freezing. Now they're calling for snow tonight and tomorrow. But such-like CANNOT last forever. Can it? :prettyplease:

Anagram, yes, it feels good to have even minor "awful things" off one's back. Yesterday I paid a tax installment and started some nec. paperwork. Today maybe I'll get that expense account taken care of... I'm so glad your nice neighbours are rallying round!

Ceara, I think your housecoat and boots sounds like a perfectly lovely morning ensemble ;-) Wow -- look at you go -- to a 19-year low! :eek: You'll get through that barrier. You're UNSTOPPABLE! :dancer:

K, must away and do some work. Am allowing self to goof off a bit today, though, since I worked latish last night.

Let's make this a good one!

ceara
03-29-2007, 07:16 AM
:) Arabella, that ensemble is seen a lot in the back yard, complete with hubbies big down coat over it all throughout the winter and mismatched gloves, but it is not acceptable for the front yard. Someone might see me. We have about 8 busses of impressionable school children go past every weekday, I wouldn't want to scar them for life!

I saw an orange butterfly on my Tuesday trek, sunning itself on the road. Spring sign. And my siberian iris are trying to bloom...it is so blustery that they are having a hard time keeping it together! The price of beauty. They are a gorgeous deep purple, with a slight yellow tongue. And the croci are popping...I caged them this year so I could enjoy them, rather than the rabbits.

Anyway, I must be off....have provisions to gather in a nearby town, and a birthday present to think about....Brekkie and :coffee: call my name! Have a great day ladies! :wave:

Arabella
03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Somehow, today seems particularly humpy, even if it isn't hump day. Piles of work, a messy house, a snow storm :eek: outside. I'm officially grumpy again. Howe'er am going to work like a mad fiend to reclaim the day and get back to :) Have exercised, had brekkie, performed ablutions and got a load of laundry in. Now for ... everything else.

I've had spelt bread the last few days and I'm noticing a pattern. I was not a happy camper the last time I'd been lenient and then -- lo and behold -- as soon as I hit the Beach (South, that is) my good humor was magically restored within a day. Not sure whether it's a carb issue, glycemic load or what -- but it really seems to follow.

Ceara, I love Siberian iris! Well, I haven't met an iris I didn't like but I think they may be my favorite. Must get some this year :yes: I've got one brave bunch of crocuses up by the side of the house. Sweet little indigo/white striped ones. Hope they aren't too discouraged by the snow! :crossed:

:wave: all :queen:ies -- Let's take this day and do our level best with it. Heigh-ho...

anagram
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi, Ho, Hi Ho - that snow's got to go. No more snow for our Wood Nymph. Sunny, lovely here today - a bit brisk but won't be by afternoon. I'm looking forward to trekking sidewalk soon.

Made it upstairs last evening, HAD A SHOWER, SLEPT IN A BED. Now I must say, all that was FUN when it's been weeks. Leg glove did keep toes dry but not the rest of leg, as advertised. Maybe I didn't have straps tight enough. Anyway, I feel better for it. DS was here overnight and so I waited for him before I tackled stairs. Now, as I said, I think I'm going to venture to sidewalk soon.

FUN - looking at the daffs and hyacinth now in bloom - not many yet but once a few come, can the rest be far behind.

OOOOH, ceara - that is truly a wonderful place to be - YOUTH TERRITORY.
And a butterfly, ceara - a bonus.

That fashionable attire is oft seen in my driveway whilst I seek the paper. Of course, I'm careful to do that before school bus time so I don't warp the little ones - only scare the joggers and commuters that happen to pick the wrong time to pass.

Food healthy enough but still way too much. Muscles finding their normal places and recuperating. I'm really over the hump of this thing, Royals, and beginning to function on a more decent level. Three more weeks or so but always at an improving level. And with spring to help me through it all. So on I go, probably to vacuum after I empty dishwasher (all so thrilling!) - well they sort of are to me now because this is all sign of progress.

Just checked - trees in back yard are budding. Must spend some time on the patio of tranquillity today. (DS put out one chair for me so I'm ready.)

Onward, Royals, on the Road to Summer.

:flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2:

wsw
03-29-2007, 02:32 PM
anagram-so glad your recovery continues to go well, and that you are once again safely and happily ensconced in your own home.

hi arabella, ceara, kaylets, flower, and to all our royals.

had to have a big, expensive repair done on my condo. a few days ago, which was/is very stressful financially. at least a/c repair is taken care of, though. have been staying op which has felt good, and sticking to regular exercise plan. it has been beautiful here lately with all the budding flowers. physically, i haven't been able to get out as much as i would have liked, but did get out among 'em yesterday, which i thoroughly enjoyed. even when i am not able to check in as often as i would like, i do think of you all. well, take care.

Kaylets
03-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Hello all....

SPring is turning things a pale green here too... I witnessed some geese having a "turf war".... not sure which sex was defending but it was obvious who the intruder was NOT welcome.....

Yay for own bed Anagram!! You are on the COMEBACK trail!

WSW! Home repairs ARE stressful! But A/C is a must !

Ceara! You are on your way!

Wood Nymph! We don't have the TV programs you mention.... sounds very interesting!

Friday!

Here's some fun for Friday....

Pet Diary Excerpts

The Dog

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people!
My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to
taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They
dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other
inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry
nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the
rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat
something in order to keep up my strength. The only
thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an
attempt to disgust them,I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its
headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would
strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly
demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely
made condescending comments about what a
"good little hunter" I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their
accomplices tonight. I was placed
in solitary confinement for the duration of the
event. However, I could hear the noises and
smell the food. I overheard that my confinement
was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn
what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are
flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special
privileges. He is regularly released, and seems
to be more than willing to return. He is obviously
******ed. The bird must be an informant. I observe him
communicating with the guards regularly. I
am certain that he reports my every move. My captors
have arranged protective custody for him in an
elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

Tra la!

ceara
03-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Kayelets! That is funny...I can just hear that cat...

Yes Anagram, you are just hoppin' along. Amazing how quickly we can recuperate!

Good to see you wsw....that AC is important in the upcoming season. Especially for you in your more southern location!

You are still having snow Arabella? So are we occasionally, but it melts before it can stick :lol: I must go visit the flowers after I get dressed...and get those heathens out for a bit!

Well am off to parentals for breakfast...apparently we are having johnny cakes...I will eat something here before I go. And Annie tonight, complete with dnner out...I think I will be fighting hard to stay OP today!

'Bye! :wave:

anagram
03-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi, Royals! Today I took two little outside walkies totalling about 1600 feet. Big progress! I also ventured to basement laundry room and did two loads of wash. One's still in the dryer and I tossed the other into a trash bag and carried it up to the family room where it sits folded in a basket until someone comes along to carry it upstairs.

It was a lovely day outside and I'm physically doing well but I've had a major attack of the "glums". Been fighting it since the middle of the night. Felt a strong need to be able to drive and did go start the one car that's here. Didn't drive, just started it up which needed to be done anyway. Just want to be able to go get a haircut, run an errand, drive to nowhere in particular. Just plain out of sorts and don't even feel too apologetic about it. Can't pin it on any one thing and hope it's gone by morning. How can one be glum with daffs and hyacinths in bloom and buds and blossoms all over the place?

Blah - but still my best wishes to the Royals Seeking Svelteness.

ceara
03-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Yes, I hope your "blahness" lifts soon Anagram. Walking to the car and starting it is a great achievement! And laundry. You are surely on the mend.

Wonder if Flower has arrived in her southern home yet or not?

Well I need to work today...actually need more :coffee:...can't type! Annie was very good last night...the pit orchestra was good...sometimes they can be bad....and the musical itself was really well done. Some good little singers coming up there...We had dinner at the Keg...8 oz sirloin, with pecans and red wine sauce, caesar salad, sourdough bread ( I had a piece), beans and mushroom medley, baked potato with salsa....none of the other stuff for me. My GF and I split a bottle of very nice white wine...a good evening in all. Now I need to log that stuff...

Off I go...logging and walking then working! Heighdy-ho!

anagram
03-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Well, not over the blahs yet - not totally. I'm using all my usual arguments. A piece of it attributable to not being able to do yard work, I think. That always gets me in better shape mentally. Going to church w/neighbors this weekend so that's a "get out". Have friends I could call to take me somewhere but not sure that's the answer either.

Some is the fact that all this is so much harder w/o DH. With previous surgeries he picked up the slack on what I couldn't do and we'd have been out going places w/him driving. So in that sense, another step on the grief journey, I guess. At any rate I'm taking it easy this morning until I feel like moving around. Only a couple of more weeks to go and doing better every day.

I have decided I need music - LOUD music - that usually works.

anagram
03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
ceara, you were so good on the food but the wine sounds even better :spin: I had hoped to see some of the local high school productions this year - they all sound so good - but have to put that on schedule for next year.

I've been looking at the schedule for the playhouse where I won the two dinners/performance tickets last fall. Trying to decide who I'll ask to go with me and which play to see. Currently I'm between "Oklahoma" and "The Full Monty". Maybe it depends on who goes with me. Your votes, please. I've never seen TFM but have seen O several times.

Wondering about flower too and hoping all's going as smoothly as these things can.

Arabella
03-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Just a quickie before we head out to shop. Well, theory worked out again -- I laid off any higher glycemic load foods on Thursday and by Friday felt like myself again. The difference is, seriously, like night and day. Will not "test that theory" again any time soon. Once I've been good for a while I can have the occasional item but just can't seem to handle anything high glycemic on a daily basis -- makes me tired, depressed, cranky. SO not worth it! :no:

Ceara, I'm reading "Ultraprevention" by the "Ultrametabolism" folk (library doesn't have the latter) and I'm finding it very exciting! They mention a Harvard study that placed men in an environment evoking their youth and saw physical results as if they'd actually grown younger. I have decided to be 26 :cb: :cb:

Anagram, :hug: Of course you still miss your darling! And every new situation without him is bound to underline your loss... I'm sure he's still with you, though -- even if he can't drive. What loud music did you/are you going to listen to?

Kaylets, that was hilarious! We have a couple of cats that deign to live with us. ;) Yes, we do actually have some TV shows in Canada that are especially fun and interesting. :) DH makes fun of me for being so interested in the supernatural but... I don't care.

WSW, always so nice to see you popping in! I'm glad the condo repair is complete, even if it was hard on the pocketbook. Hope you can get out more to enjoy the flowers!

K, My Lovelies -- shopping awaits. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Arabella
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
OH, and ... by all means see TFM. Very fun!

anagram
03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks, WN - that decision will also affect who I take with me. Leaning towards that person anyway at the moment. Played "Four Seasons" loudly - helped. Most of my faves that I was looking for are in my car and that's with DS at the moment. Anyway, it helped. May go put another on instead of the home improvement shows that are on TV. Am finally all dressed, made up, etc. So must make the big decisions - what to do next that will be some semblance of fun. Yesterday's FUN was my two little walkies so I'll try that again probably.

Yes, the cat thing - I liked the part about decapitating a mouse. I remember our Pierre proudly depositing one in front of DH. She looked very proud but I think it was because she found another way to gag him as much as it was that she caught the mouse. When our dog deposited a rabbit at his feet, she had the much more adoring look of someone respecting the leader of the pack (and again when she dug it up a few days later and again delivered it to him). Never any doubt of who's in charge when you have a cat. Have neither now.

I've always had an interest in the supernatural as well, WN. Some personal experiences when I was younger that still make hair stand on end but not outlandish enough to make a movie or anything.

Arabella
03-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, DO tell, Anagram -- if you've the time and inclination, of course. Thanks for the LOL -- that second delivery of the dead bunny, complete with that steady, adoring gaze.

ceara
04-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Geesh...my guys don't deliver 'em, they just scarff them down as fast as they can so I DON'T get 'em! :lol:

Beautiful day shaping up out there....rained like the dickens around 4 am and I rolled over and went back to sleep, but the sun has miraculously appeared, and it is a lttle warmer than the past two days...so that is good.

I think the Full Monty too, only because you've done O. I wonder how they stage that?!? Pretty immediate.

OK...must fly, and may try and check in later....

Have a great day :queen: S

anagram
04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Gorgeous day here today. Tomorrow to be good too - then that's it for a while. Got lots done today for some reason - food decent too. What more can I ask? Oh, yeah - FUN. Well, a couple of good phone calls, pulled up a few things in the yard, read on the patio briefly. Hmm - doesn't seem to be enough.

Plan to turn in early tonight - not much going on. Plan to get ready for bed even earlier an do some little things upstairs before turning in. This is always my plan - but tonight I'm going to do it.

BIL in Baltimore awaiting his cancer surgery tomorrow. On my mind, of course.

anagram
04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Wood Nymph - just a few strange little things. One was that we had planned a trip to Niagara Falls, were to meet friends there. Planned for a good while but 2-3 days before I began to feel I couldn't go. I tried to let go of the feeling, finally told DH who had a cow, etc. but finally said if you can't, we can't. Couldn't imagine myself what had gotten into me - thought I was loosing it (more than usual) - I thought so too. Well, in the evening of the day we'd have gone, got a call from my mom (who was an hour away and didn't drive). Seems my grandma had taken a turn for the worse, hospital couldn't reach the early names on the call list, etc. Dad wasn't home to drive mom at the moment so she called me as I was closer anyway. So I got to go, take care of the early hours until others were located and arrived, etc. I knew then why I had not been able to go. It was a night that turned out to be a real gift to me somehow. Grandma was like a baby and died a "beautiful", peaceful death and I never feared death after that (note that other deaths I have since seen were not so). I had actually seen an "aura" of sorts and lots of roses and people (including her long dead husband and a recently deceased brother of hers who were greeting her) as her spirit seemed to leave her about an hour or so before she actually died. With it cama a sort of "message" that seeing all this was a sort of "thank you" from Grandma for having visited her so often and for being there with her during the time we waited for the others to arrive.

When I came home after Grandma had died in the wee hours, DH was amazed to see me (in his words) "glowing", and the next day said "whatever happened to you last night should happen every day". He also said that the next time I told him I couldn't do something whether it seemed rational or not - he'd instantly go along with it. He too seemed to sense something unusual had gone into the whole thing and he had always been a scoffer at anything leaning slightly to the "non-traditional". Ever after he'd semi-tease me about "having connections" and that he wouldn't go against anybody who had "connections".

Several other things as well but that was the most powerful.

Arabella
04-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow, Anagram -- what a beautiful vision! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll keep your BIL in mind today.

Ceara :lol: Funny picture, that, your heathens scarfing down the "treats" before you can get them.

I've got a bit of a family crisis going on -- my sister's gotten herself in desperate financial straits. Quit her job in the fall to devote herself to a candle-making business without ever really working out whether it could support her or not. Now she's got disconnect notices from the utilities, hasn't paid her rent and etc. I said she should do her taxes to get her refund and it turns out she hasn't filed her taxes in 10 years. Unreal. I said I'd help her get set up to sell her candles online. Not that I really have the time. Ugh.

Couldn't sleep last night for full moon and stress. Nevertheless, up and exercised and will work very hard to retain my equilibrium through this day. And focus on my quest!

Have a good one, Lovelies.

anagram
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Lovely day here today and I'm making no real progress on hiring someone to do yard work. To start getting cold and nasty again tomorrow and then for the next week so I do want to get in a little walkie.

But that must wait until I sit in the basement while I do a load of laundry. I'm staying down so I don't do too many steps though they are certainly much easier. While there, I'm shredding and going through files. Making some real progress but - so boring. And certainly won't get it all done even with all this - BECAUSE AS SOON AS I CAN DRIVE AGAIN I WON'T BE HOME FOR MONTHS - or at least that's what I think right now.

Oh, Arabella, what a situation. Helping is one thing but realize you can't straighten out a lifetime of lax decision making. I am much too trepiditous not to file my taxes - just too fearful. And can't figure out mindset of others who don't - unless there are reasons why she didn't have to. I think I did mention a tax problem that had reared its ugly head here a while back. I turned to a friend of DH who looked into it - I owe nothing on it and received a letter of apology. Phew!!! But I was a wreck over it and pictured losing my home and all sorts of bad stuff.

Anyway - do what you can and hold sis's hand but don't take it on as your own because you didn't make those decisions. Equilibrium is so hard won, isn't it?

anagram
04-03-2007, 01:40 PM
ceara, those heathens won't even share with you? :lol: I think our old Rusty was waiting for her master to give her permission to eat the rabbit and she certainly looked confused when he got upset with her. I felt a teensy bad for her. She had tried so hard to please him. Sometimes I felt the same way ;)

Kaylets
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello all.....

SOrry to be gone so long again.... sticking my head in quickly to say hello to all and to BRAG!!!
Monday, I was literally blindsided by the news that I HAVE BEEN PROMOTED>>>>
Totally unexpected. I knew it was close to time for the 'raise' notification and was hoping I would be a good sport about 4 % ( and didnt know how I could keep a straight face if it was less than 4%)....
I was so shocked I had to go back once to make sure I knew exactly what the the title is ( its Senior Licensing Analyst rather than just Licensing Analyst) and then again today I had to clarify what part of the increase was being prorated.....I am swinging between being very happy vs suddenly feeling lots of pressure ...... that a lot more will be expected of me.....
The fun part will be tomorrow when the paycheck shows up in the bank account.
amazing what a year can do for you.

anyway, enough about me....

I too, have had my own 'supernatural' experiences but nothing close to what you described Anagram.
I'm hoping things look a little brigther fro you.... and I think a big part of what your feeling is CABIN FEVER.... The good news is that if you are feeling "trapped" you are really improving.....Bad news is I would be bored too waiting for the washer to stop running while I'm shredding stuff.......
BUT, you are decluttering! Sorry...guess that's not funny....
Things will turn around .... I know it seems like forever but you really are making a fast recovery!!

Ceara..... what are you feeding the heathens??? This pet food recall/poison/melamine/ recall stuff has me feeding our mutt only "people food"....

Wood Nymph.... yikes regarding your sister's $$$ issues..... and 10 yrs is a bit overdue even if you think you don't owe anything.....

WSW... bundle up, we're in for collllldddd weather again!@

I found this today and enjoyed it....
Hope you do

"If you're feeling blue.....

Try breathing".......

Good night all....

Arabella
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Good morning, Queenlies! I've managed to squeeze off another two --- which gets me 1 from tracker. Nevertheless, down it is and soon I'll be in (recent) virgin territory (only a few years, but still...)

We got through the immediate crisis with DS and I have hopes that she'll be able to pull it out of the fire with the little pu$h we gave her. Apparently there's a big demand for substitute teachers and she's going to try to do that to survive. :crossed:

I'm happy to say that despite feeling hugely stressed and not sleeping well a few nights I never went off-P. (Where's that "patting self on back" smiley?)

We're celebrating DS birthday today so it'll be nachos and beer for dinner. No cake for me, though. :nono:

Kaylets, WTG!!! :balloons: :cheers:

I'm so thrilled for you! It seems like all your luck has been -- um, challenging, to say the least lately. You'll do GREAT! :D

Anagram, thanks so much for your wise words! They helped a lot and I really feel a lot better.

K, Lovelies -- I've got a shipload of work to get through and DS' birthday dinner to prepare for. Love to all!

Arabella
04-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Faire Ceara has forged us a fresh new thread that will carry us to successful realization of our Solstice goals! :cb: :cb:

Here 'tis! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1644196#post1644196)