Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Does your husband

know what you weigh? I won't tell him until I get down quite a ways. I want to be way less than my weight now before he knows. Then I can say, can you believe I weighed that?!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

nope...i don't want him to know. He's only about 155. One time he wanted to compare how off our old scale at home was so he told me i should step on the scale they have at Publix. It was 8pm, just after dinner in 30 F weather with winter clothes on. I asked him if he wanted me ot have a heart attack? He didn't quite understand my mind set...tried to explain that even though i know i'd weigh heavier, it would still be a mental let down for me. So he got on it instead. He knows i'm trying to lose weight...but i haven't even told him how much i want to loose.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Yes, my hubby knows. I look at it like this ~ for this to work for me for the rest of my life I have to be honest about what the scale says. It was difficult, but now he knows that I really need his support. I have quite a lot more to loose than you ladies do though!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

My hubby knows. I used to weight more than him (depressing) but now I am about 35-40 pounds lighter than him. He is teasing me that I am gonna turn into a skinny minny (I wish)
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Yep, my husband knows. Sadly, I needed his help to figure out posting on 3FC! He suspected how much I weighed but I have a feeling that he didn't know that I was BIG. I agree with Mrs. Quadcrew about being honest. I hated DH seeing my actual weight and yet I knew that for my sake I needed to 'fess up. My hubby has lost 40 pounds of so within the past 4 years (he went from being a couch potato to a born again marathon runner) so he is very supportive.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

When DH and I got married, he weighed 155 and I was 160-165. He has stayed about the same most of our marriage (18 years). I went up and down. His job has become less physical and now he says he weighs about 170 (I'm not sure). I am now about 140. He needs to be about 160 IMO and he eats well, but drinks too much Scotch. I don't get on his case about it though cuz I do the same with wine!! LOL
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My DH saw me weighed at Dr.'s office the day I started my weight loss journey. I don't think I was ever fooling him anyway when I said 185 and was actually about 50 lbs. heavier than that. I don't care now if he watches me weigh, I'm just happy to weigh less than him for the first time in our marriage.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #8  

I know...My hubby asked me what I want to get down to tonight. I said I'd like to be 130 but I'll be ok with 150 I think. I said once I get to 150 I'll see what I want. I didn't tell him what I have to lose to get to 150 because he'll obviously do the math....we don't need that!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #9  

I can't wait until I weigh less than him. Beings I'm 1 whole foot shorter I NEED to weigh a lot less than him.

But he eats all day everyday! It's so not fair!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My husband does not know how much I weighed back in September, when I started this journey or now. I felt no need to fess' up to him. As far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with him. Besides, he's got a real big mouth. He means well, but I could just hear him saying when someone compliments me or something "Yeah Robin lost close to 100 lbs and she's not done yet." He's proud of me and he would think he was doing me a favor by sharing it with the world.

Nope I feel it's no one's business, but mine, my doctors and of course my cyberfriends here at 3 FC. I am thrilled I have someone to share the actual numbers with here at 3FC. It was very freeing for me. That's all the fessing up I need.

We'll see what happens when I get to goal. I may feel differently then.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

My boyfriend knows. It was deffinately embarrassing when I first told him, considering he's 6'2 and 140 lbs, but... I think it has helped me alot. I can share my losses with him, and instead of saying "I've lost another 2 lbs!" I can say, "Guess what, hunny?! I'm under 190 lbs!!!" and he can celebrate with me and be proud of me.

I don't know... I just think it was all apart of actually realizing my weight to myself. If no one else knew I weighed that much... it wasn't real.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #12  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I just asked my husband, and he doesn't know either. I think he knows that I can look fairly good at 150, and that I've been saying I need to lose about twenty pounds to get back to where I want to be (I'm down 6 pounds). So if he really wanted to think about it, I guess he could guess.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, LOL at your post. My DH knows my weight and tells everyone "my wife has lost almost 100 lbs". I would really prefer he didn't share that news with his co-workers and friends, but OH Well, that my DH for ya.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

I would fudge a little on the numbers at the beginning of my weight loss, but I was only lying to myself. I listed on here my highest weight as 178 b/c that's where I was for the past five years, however, the day I gave birth to my son I weighed in at 206!! Now that I've lost down to 143 I can go back and look at old pics and I can't believe it's me, there's that much of a difference! When my DH saw a pic of me and him at the beach 10 months after I had given birth he was genuinely shocked at how big I was. He said he never really payed much attention to my weight gain and that it didn't bother him but he did gush about how good I look now and how proud he is of me for losing weight.
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I know I have told him, but I bet if you ask him he wouldnt remember. Frankly I think he goes "Hmmm if she is telling me a number it must mean she has lost more...so I better say GREAT JOB"

I have never ever in our whole relationship weighed less than him...although it might be time to get him on the scale...it might be close.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote