Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #1  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Default Baby food? Anyone else eat 'em?

Wondering if I am the only one to eat and enjoy baby foods occasionally - (and no, there are no children in my household)

Well - I don't actually go for the strained/liquified meat stew, but I do like the fruits & mini soup cups, as well as the mini-cookies. The portions are perfect as a treat/snack, and since the baby food companies need to appeal to discerning parents too, appears more sound on the ingredient & nutrition labels.

Yes, some of them can wound up being too bland -- but so far I've taken a liking to arrowroot cookies & banana puree in a jar & those mini chicken noodle soup bowls.

Hope there's another one of you out there . . .
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

I like the pureed strawberries and peaches they taste great.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I like the earth's best cinnamon cookies. they are less sweet than "grown up" cookies, and only 10 calories each. they are yummy with tea.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #4  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash15+ View Post
I like the pureed strawberries and peaches they taste great.
OMG -- I can't BELIEVE there's other people who do this! I haven't in quite a while, but I ALWAYS used to buy the strawberries and peaches and mix the two together. I've been doing it for years, and gotten SO many weird looks!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Ok, that is crazy. Now i am craving fruity baby food. I love it. Too funny.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3''

I was going to buy some at the store the other day but passed by it. I will though since apparently people actually enjoy it. Hehe.
WeightOnMyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Being in construction I "brown bag (cooler)" my lunch most days. Years ago we didn't have the coolers and blue-ice things so I never took yogurt unless the weather was cold. I used to take baby food fruits because it was cheaper than the snack puddings and better tasting. I haven't had baby food in probably 20 years, since my kids out grew them. I don't even know if they are cheaper now than yogurt or the other snack choices. AWW...MEMORIES
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #8  
LLV

Me too!

You know what I buy myself for lowcal snacks? The 'Lil Entrees toddler meals, lol!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:20 AM   #9  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

When I had my wisdom teeth out I literally lived off of baby food. Not really any of the meats or veggies, except for sweet potatoes, but the fruits... oh man. I love those. I like pretty much all of the desserts and fruits. I think my favorites are the bananas and apples as well as the vanilla custard. I know I was a bad kid, but when my youngest brother was a baby, sometimes when I was feeding him his baby food I'd sneak a bite of the desserts. I was only 7. :P
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Baby food squash is awesome! No additives. It's much easier than cooking a whole one when I'm the only one who likes it. It was recommended by the Ladies Who Lift!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Oh man,now I'll have to head down that aisle next time I go shopping I used to love the jarred fruit...and it's perfect because then I can start saving the jars for other uses like I did when my kids were little.Banana was my favorite,with a blueberry dessert in second.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Not even my kids ate baby food Went straight to cubed soft foods. I have tasted my neices baby food though and some of it's pretty good.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Baby food squash is awesome! No additives. It's much easier than cooking a whole one when I'm the only one who likes it. It was recommended by the Ladies Who Lift!
Saber absolutely LOVES baby food squash...I have not tried it though. I have tasted the fruits...and in the toddler selections the little toddler cookies/dried fruits etc. are good.

Susan-what do you do with the baby food squash? Eat is straight, or mix it with something?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My aunt used to get her teens to eat more fruits and veggies by "hiding" baby food in dishes. She'd add the pureed veggies to meatloaves and casseroles, and the fruits to cakes and jellos. One of her favorite "potluck" contributions was a jello made with apricot jello and Gerber strained apricots or peaches. It was so good! The pureed fruit really gave the jello a luxurious, velvety smooth texture. Also the little puff cereal snacks are really popular with the Weight Watcher's crows around here.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

My squash? I eat it straight or mix it with cottage cheese. It can seriously improve the texture of leftover turkey and chicken. I use it kinda like gravy.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote