Old 02-22-2007, 05:27 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat: Thursday Feb 22

Good Morning!!! My MIL arrived yesterday to help watch #2 all next week from school after she has her surgery. (Lauren--Welbutrin XL must be working great cuz I even bought the ticket for her to come!! )

K fell yesterday and either sprained or broke her ankle and I have to see an orthopedist today..I cried every time she screamed when she put her ankle down. After some Motrin, ice and elevate, and staying in the bed, she went to sleep and slept all night..She hit the cement after loosing her balance from walking onto the neighbors newly edged lawn...Hmmm...4y/o and already had a broken nose and fractured collarbone..sure hope child protection isnt notified!!!hahaha

Ga--Pics are great!!!
Rx--Take the class..I have many life regrets cuz I missed alot growing up thinking I was too fat...That is the only thing I would change is that I did more stuff(I am doing it now) when I was younger but tooo scared that I was too fat to do it...Have fun with it!!!

Irish--Congrats on skipping the ice cream! My SD#1 has Bluebell banana pudding in the freezer and it keeps calling me but I am not listening!!

WannaB--GLad to see U again..What a mess about the move!!We are moving in June cuz I am winning a $500,000 home..(OK--I can dream!!!!)

BB-I am throwing away all the kingcake!!! That just aint fair!!!
Lauren--Hope U are feeling better!!!

Goddess--HEllo!!! Glad the daughter is doing good!!!

Becky--Hope the crew is better today!!! My SD is having her 10th set of ear tubes and tonsils removed on Friday..It is such a chronic thing with her.

Kirsten--I have some housework for U to do here if U need more!!!

Good Morning Holy!!! Hello to all!!! It is 4:26 AM and time to head to work!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quick hi to all. Must grab some java before work. But hello to all. Hope everyone has a great day and i'll catch up later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning

It's raining out here and the weather's gonna suck today LOL....rehearsal whooped my butt last night....made my legs real sore LOL but I'm doing ok....thank goodness it's thursday
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

It's kind of a dreary day here today...was soo nice, up to 50 yesterday, today it's supposed to get really cold later and rain I think.

I think I should carry my happy pills with me, because this is the 2nd day in a row I forgot to take it before I left the house. And it's only day 3! I took it at 6 last night, which the pharmacist said was OK. I'm leaving work at 12 today to take Peter to the Neurologist, so I guess I'll just take it whenever I get home.

Gator, LOVE the pics! I haven't been horseback riding in years and years!

RR, that poor little thing, you must be abusing her. Give her kisses from us! 500K would get us a decent size house in a pretty good area here! I bet it would buy you a mini-mansion down there, huh? Good luck!

RX, so, what's it gonna be? Salsa lessons?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!

2 cups of coffe, a slice of banana bread and yogurt into the morning... when is lunch?!?!?!? I don't know what is wrong with me but I have an insatiable hunger lately. Even last night, DH and I had a good supper, and then we watched Little Miss Sunshine, and we plowed through a big bowl of popcorn and a hot fudge sundae. My diet/lifestyle change is in the shi**er!!!!

OK, enough of my pity-party.

RX - go dancing!!! Spend time with the wife!!!

Gatorgal - those pics are awesome. I"m hoping to talk DH into horseback riding on the beach when we go to Jamaica.

RR - stopping beating up on your little girl... just kidding!! That is a big fear of mine. That something will happen, accidentally, to DS and someone will blame me.

Lauren - hope everything goes well at the neurologist. Happy pills? Mind sharing?

I know I misse dsome other people and I"m sorry. I am "illegally" on the net at work today.
Will try to check back in later.

Have a happy Thursday. y'all
~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everybody. I hope everyone is having a great day. Things have settled down here finally. Everybody is finally well. Like Lauren said the weather is gray and yucky here today. The nice weather yesterday melted the last of the snow (well, ice really). I'm *so* glad because DH didn't shovel the driveway/sidewalk and getting in and out of the house has been treacherous.

RR: I'm so sorry about K's ankle. I hope it's just a sprain. Poor girlie sure has had her fair share of bone trauma! I hope she feels better soon. I also hope SD #2's surgery goes well. I guess the happy pills are working for you if you are having MIL over!

Lauren: I hope the new job is going well! And that you are feeling better. How are the boys doing?

Here's a pic of baby girl:

I can't believe that she is 8 months old already.

Have a great day everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #7  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Red face I guess I'm going dancing....

Look at me. Bowing to peer pressure. Seriously though, ladies, I was already leaning towards doing it. Like I said yesterday, it'd really not often that DW indicates that she really likes doing something. So, when she does, I really need to listen up and push myself to just do it - especially when there's a chance that I might actually do it.

So, late last night, I sent a note to the instructor to see how someone goes about registering. Response was quick, just show up early and have a good time. Of course, I'll be entirely mortified if there's someone there that I know..... So....I guess I'm going to learn to salsa dance. Hopefully I'll be able to check my perfectionist attitude at the door.

I got on the scale this morning and as I expected, was not impressed with what I saw there. Things have to change - and soon - and I really need to get a new/better attitude about things. (Amazing how quick that "I can do anything" attitude I had just after New Years' has totally evaporated. )

Anyway...I'm not trying to dwell on things but my mood is so sour and I'm so blah that I'm actually thinking about asking for a tomorrow & Monday off just to try and recharge my batteries and snap out of this mood. (I have NEVER taken a so-called "mental health day" in my 10 years working here.) We'll see how I'm feeling mid-afternoon and I'll see what my Team Lead has to say at that point....

Anyway, I want to send out a to all of you who responded with a and a . You guys are all so wonderful and are the main reason I stick around here. Never forget how wonderful you all are.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #8  

Hi girls - donīt you have days when you feel all girly?????? - thatīs me today lol.......

I did my workout in the gym and met a friend and we want to find an evening to go to the cinema Then I made a potato soup from my new cooking book and it was very good. Kids liked it a lot. I am doing fine with diet these days.

RXZephyr: - Iīd take the class! I am quite sure youīll have a lot of fun - in my gym are so many different women, really slim girls, sporty women, old or young and some with a lot of overweight and it doesnīt make a difference because we meet and say "Hi" and talk a bit and it is fun to catch up and talk about our workout and there is not a single person who talkes behind your back about your weight! It should be the same in dancing class. Itīs about dancing and not about working as a model in NYC

RR: I am so sorry about the little one! But I wonīt come over to do your housework

Lauren: Feel better soon!

Stay healthy!!! Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

KAren - what a cute little girl!!
Here's one of my 7-1/2 month old:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bath1.jpg (19.3 KB, 19 views)
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Karen & Becky your little ones are adorable! My baby is 4 now and even though there won't be another one, I still get all mushy when I see a baby.

RR ~ you take care of that baby girl of yours! She's a cutie.

GG ~ For some reason I couldn't get your photo to show up. I can only imagine .... we're off to the beach in June and I can't wait!!

Holy ~ rehearsal? For what?

Lauren ~ best of luck with the Happy Pills and Neurolologist visit. I've not tried Happy Pills but have gone to enough neurologist (for my DS) visits to last a lifetime.

Kirsten ~ you sound like you're in such a good place right now. Exercising, cooking healthy food and enjoying time with friends ~ enjoy!

RX ~ Yeah! You're going to learn to Salsa!

My 8 year old DS has Aspergers/ADHD. He has made tremendous progress since his diagnosis 2 years ago. It just seems like it's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back. He's been taking private swim lessons for 3 years now and still can't swim. I've been dililgent about taking him each week and it is such a waste of time and money. I took him to his lesson after school yesterday and I was feeling really hungry. By the time that the lesson was over, I was famished and frustrated. Needless to say, I made some very bad choices for dinner last night.... As someone recently wrote, acknowledge it and move on. I forced myself to get up and exercise again this morning and feel so much better because of it. Have a good day everyone!
Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

RR - I am so sorry for your little girl. I hope she isn't in too much pain today.

We went walking at the park yesterday. It is beautiful outside. Warm and sunny 80 degrees. I am leaving to walking in just a few minutes. Now I just have to figure out whats for dinner.

Karen and Becky your cuties are adorable. Here is a picture of mine. He is 8 months old.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Evening all. Work today was busy but good. Finished surgeries early enough that i got to leave the clinic by 3.30 which gave me time to go out and ride my horse in beautiful 78F sunny weather. That definately got my moods lifted. I was in a bit of a crappy mood today due to some things happening at work...nothing big but ppl sure can get annoying sometimes.
RR - do you want me to ward off Children's services for you LOL. seriously though...sounds like you kid is a lot like me...very clutzy. Hopefully she'll be okay though
RXZ and beckins - here's a to get you in gear and some to help you out. Hang in there guys...we're all backing you
Wonders what holyteror is rehearsing?
milagro - sounds like you had a great day...i love being girly some times too. its fun
babybelly and karen - cute babies...don't have any yet...DH is going back to school this year, so we'll wait for kids until he has an income again. But definately going to enjoy our time together until we have babies.
Will plan to take dog for a walk tonight since it is soooo beautiful out there...got to enjoy these "spring" nights before summer comes (prob in 2-3 weeks LOL)
talk to you guys laters
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Beck & Karen, Those babies are gorgeous!! I have to get some new pics of the boys.

So we went to the appt. today and the dr. did a bunch of "tests" on him, talked to him, asked him different stuff, checked reflexes, balance, etc. Got a good dose of him! He wants to do bloodwork first, rule out anything like high lead/low iron levels. If that comes back OK, he will prescribe Ritalin. I told him I wasn't too keen on it, because I've been reading a lot and people say their kids are zombies. He said to stop reading, unless it's a medical site. Said those kids are probably over-medicated. We will start on a low dose, probably 3-4 times a day, to get him regulated. On a low enough dose, he shouldn't have any side effects. We go back on 3/15.

Good night!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, Becky and Babybelly ~ your babies are precious! Makes me want one.

Well Grey's is on, so I will chat later.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote