South Beach Diet - How can I do SBD while living at university?

portionsforfoxes
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone!
My name is Nicole and I'm a first year student at the University of Toronto. I just joined this forum, but I'm no stranger to South Beach. In 11th grade I lost about 15 pounds and have maintained that weight loss ever since. I want to lose another 20 pounds because my BMI is 27 and I want to get it down to the healthy range.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time getting back on SBD, especially with living on campus and all. I ate eggs every day for breakfast when I was on SBD a couple of years ago, but our dining hall only serves eggs every couple of days. We have a kitchen but I don't own any frying pans or cooking supplies that would allow me to cook eggs. There is a microwave, though.

I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or products that they know about that would be good for breakfast. I have a blender, so I could make smoothies. I would really appreciate any help!!!

Thanks,

little chick
02-22-2007, 08:24 AM
It would help if you could go get some cooking supplies and then you could make some of your own meals. But who says you have to have eggs the days they don't serve eggs in the cafeteria you could have tuna and veggies. Cheese (low fat ), and veggies. Think outside the egg carton. ;)

beachgal
02-22-2007, 04:02 PM
:welcome3: PFF!!! I think if you do a search for 'college' or 'cafeteria' in this forum, you'll find some great threads on this subject. I'd search for you but I have to get to my chores. :(

That said, there are lots of great options out there. You can do a lot with a microwave and a mini fridge. Do your dorms have any kind of communal kitchen you can use? Most of the ones I've been in do. Or do you have any friends that live in houses? You might be able to borrow their kitchen for a day and make a bunch of stuff you can freeze/refrigerate and reheat in your dorm room. :)

I'll check back in and see if you've had more replies...I'm going to change your title to see if it helps...I think people might be confused that you mean meal plan in terms of another diet plan. :)

Thanks for posing a great question! :D