Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies, #14

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies, #14

4myloves
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Hello!! :hug:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

alinnell
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
What a busy morning! It's 1 PM and I just sat down to have a little bite for lunch. I didn't even have time for my morning snack! I hope the scale rewards me for this!!! I've entered in on the Easter challenge with the Featherweights and hope to get back down to 136 by Easter. I had managed to hit 140 on Saturday, but the scale went back up to 142. Ick. I'm not moving my ticker though--those pesky 2 pounds WILL BE GONE by Friday. Tomorrow night I have a band booster parent meeting, so dinner will be more of a snack. That always helps the scale!

Have a good day, Floozies!

4myloves
02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, I gained a pound back, so I'm back up to 268 when I was hoping to be down to 265, but I guess I'll keep trucking!

It's that TIME again, so maybe next week I'll be down at least a pound.

My co-worker that ate only fruits and veggies (including beans and potatoes) lost 10 pounds in 21 days. How tempting is that? But I know I'd have cravings out the wazoo!

SuzyMc
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I think we should be able to vote twice on this poll! ;) I'll say it again...welcome back Sherry! :hug:

The "you ate all those cookies remark diet" is still working and I've been OP all week. :^:

Stick to your balanced diet Cheryl! We all know that your friend will be gaining that weight back as soon as she starts eating "normal" again. There are no quick easy solutions.

ShelleyM
02-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Suzy-:) Sometimes that is the best way to get motivated! I remember when my dad told me that someone thought I was still pregnant, after having my baby 2 weeks before. That was a big motivation, but I was very sad underneath about it.

Words can't express how happy I am that dear Sherry is back......

Gayle-Thanks for asking about Mike. He is having another procedure today. It turns out he has a big cyst tangles around a nerve in his lower back. They tried to get it last week, but failed. The dr is going to try again today. I won't be taking him--I have a more important luncheon with my coworkers... a birthday party!! Patty is going to take him. I'm so bad!!!

vouge09
02-22-2007, 08:15 AM
ive gained some weight since going off my diet so today Im back on , I wanna lose some weight for prom . and for me.....

I am thinking long, I like princessy style dresses but I am thinking also something red long slinky you know?

4myself- well I know what I will to to lose thsoe last 10 when i get there now hahah
allison- dont stress aboutt he scale If I was where you are I would be jumping for joy like a weight watchers commercial!

To everyone who is gaining weight I am with you , I know how you feel haha.

alinnell
02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Sheesh! I had a total carb fest for breakfast this morning. I caved into my craving for one of DD's bagels. Of course, it didn't fill me up, so then I had a cup of oatmeal. All that AFTER my scale went up AGAIN! I gotta get it going in the downward direction!

4myloves
02-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I think we should be able to vote twice on this poll! I'll say it again...welcome back Sherry!

You could have voted twice!!! I make all of my polls multiple choice!!

Remember that for next time :)

Lynneye
02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Very busy week for me. I filled in for someone today and taught a lab, I haven't taught in at least 3 years. So I have been studying like mad this week to be prepared. Glad it is over and tomorrow is Friday!

Sherry
02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Awwwwww.....Ya'll are just too sweet!! :hug: I almost cried. I'm glad to be back too! :)

I went back to the doctor today after work for a re-check on my bladder. There was still blood in my urine. She has me on a stronger antibotic for 30 more days and then I go back again.

Wayne's Mom is back in the hospital. Not sure what is wrong.They are still doing tests and all the results aren't back yet. Wayne & I took her Monday morning at 4:45. His Dad has cancer and isn't doing well. While he was visiting her, he decided to walk down to the cafeteria for coffee. Well...he got lost on the way back and was going in & out of rooms.A nurse stopped him and asked if she could help him.When he told her that he was looking for his wife, the nurse found out he was on the wrong floor! Bless his heart!! He's 82 and going down hill fast.

I was going to post to everyone but need to go and get busy around here. We have been working all day then going to the hopsital at night and cooking for FIL. Now I've got to catch-up on things at home tonight.

Love to all...

ShelleyM
02-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Sherry-Prayers to your MIL and FIL. I hope the stronger meds help you.

We had dinner out at Applebee's last night (8 old ladies and a blast!!) Anybody know the points for the blackend chicken salad with LF ranch? I can't find it on Dottie's. I'm guessing about 12??

Sherry
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Shelley..I found it.....

Low-fat Blackened Chicken Salad (424 cal/8.5 g fat/4.7 g fiber/39.3 g carbs) 8 (8.5) pts
Low-fat Blackened Chicken Salad; half-size portion (226 cal/4.3 g fat/2.6 g fiber/21.4 g carbs) 4.5 pts
I'm not sure about the dressing.Sorry

gdeann
02-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Sounds like everyone is super busy!

Sher I checked both of the choices. I missed you and hope you decide to stay with us.

I am tossing around the idea of giving my notice at the store. I KNOW the owner will try to keep me there by offering a raise or by letting me just have an extra day off there to work the extra day at the beauty shop. I need to do something, I can't keep this pace forever. I like my job at the store other then a few of the management. That will never change or I should say "they" will never change, so I probably should just move on. I feel guilty though because the owner has always been so kind. But I guesss I really need to do what is best for my family and my own mental health.

Staying OP!!! Can you believe it??? LOL!

alinnell
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Gayle~congrats for staying OP!! Yes, I'd do what is healthy for you and your family. It is hard decision to make. I know, I've been there, done that.

Shelley~I haven't been to Applebee's for such a long time! DD works there, and eats there herself a lot, so we kind of leave that out as a choice when deciding where to go and eat. I guess I think she needs more variety! The salad sounds good, though.

My scale is back down to 140.5 this morning!!! I hope to keep it there all weekend and perhaps see a drop by Monday or Tuesday. Friday's are hard, though. DH and I do lunch together, so I have to plan on a smaller breakfast and dinner. DD is working tonight, so it will just be three of us for dinner and I don't know what to make....

Have a great day everyone!

vouge09
02-23-2007, 06:02 PM
carbs will faten you up good i have learned that.
Congrats to gayle for staying op.
Sherry dont know you much but glad to see you back .
Day 2 sigh. its a never ending challenge. Me against the brownies. Im winning but barely hah.

gdeann
02-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Well, I did it...I gave my two weeks notice at the store. Actually, it went better then I expected. I prayed all week for guidence of if I was making the right decision. I am so relieved to have the meeting out of the way and to know I will soon be out of there. I love the job, too bad management sucks though. :-}
Stayed OP until last night...we went out with friends and I had Kansas shrimp (fried califlower) and bourbon/diet coke.

Allison, congrats on the weight loss!

Amy, you are doing great!

Sher, how are Wayne's parents doing?

Well, I need to go! We had tornadoes floating around last night in the area. Strange for this time of year. Today it is strong wind, cold with a chance of blizzard like conditions. I so am looking forward to spring!!!!

SuzyMc
02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Gayle ~ I don't think you will regret your decision. You know what they say about all work and no play! ;)

Vouge ~ Brownies, BAH! Who needs 'em? OP is so much better! :carrot:

Sherry ~ I hope Wayne's mom is doing better! Sounds like you all have your hands full!

Cheryl ~ I'll have to remember about being able to choose more than one answer in the polls for next time! :lol:

Allison ~ Congrations on getting those scales moving in the right direction again!

I'm happy to report that I'm down a pound this week too! :carrot:

gdeann
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
WHOO-HOO!!!! GREAT JOB SUZY! The "Tim" diet seems to be working! LOL!

alinnell
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
WTG Suzy!!!

Gayle~you made a tough decision. Good for you.

DH and the kids and I went out to lunch today--Italian. Tonight's dinner will be light due to this.

This morning, I made a marinade for our flank steak tonight. It's been marinating all day and should be quite tasty. I also made a Cooking Light Chicken Enchilada casserole that has a spinach cream sauce on it. Not very spicy, but very green!!! That's for dinner tomorrow night after we all go (with the inlaws) to go see the Bridge to Tarabithia.

vouge09
02-25-2007, 01:39 AM
I know I won today too!!! whoot whoot!! oh yeah!!!!

Just got back from work I am tired , I will talk to yall' tomorw.
Gayle- I hope you are ok, tornadoes are terrible , ask the floridians in lady lake. There was a tornado in illinois when my mom was pregant with me , it killed 52 pepole and just missed my town. Tornadoes are Terrible!

ShelleyM
02-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Gayle-I am so glad you have decided to take the plunge.

Suzy, Allison, Vogue-Good on the weigh ins. Mine is up to 134 this morning again. I really need to stay off the scale.

Sherry-Thanks for looking that up. It didn't say it was lowfat, though. I did use LF ranch for the dressing.

Where is the Princess??

Sherry
02-25-2007, 10:19 AM
A quick update:

My MIL is still in the hospital. She has a crushed virtaba (sp) and a broken pelvic. She has not fallen. The doctor thinks age is what has done it.

Now my FIL is also in the hospital again. Wayne now has both parents in different hospitals! FIL is in a VA hospital.

On the way out the door......CONGRATS to all losers this week!!!! I'm down 2 more but I think it's from stress! :faint:

ShelleyM
02-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Sherry-WTG on the weight loss. I am so sorry about your inlaws. Still sending prayers your way.

gdeann
02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
No time to post.

Sher, prayers sent to your family

coles
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I finally lost another pound. I have such a hard time staying on program. I have managed to stay on track for 8 days now.
Prayers sent to you Sherry and your family.

vouge09
02-26-2007, 08:28 PM
prayers to sherry. My grandfather is on his deathbed basically , he cant walk anymore , he has so much cancer that theres nothing they can do but let him die anymore.I have tickets for the 16th to fly in , but if he doesnt make it to then we are jumping in the car and driving up north. I just pray he will pass away and not be in pain anymore. he is 86. my mom is driving me nuts, she wont eat anything , shes so moody. I know how it feels to have a death in the family sherry so i am praying for you.

gdeann
02-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Prayers sent to your family too, Amy. We lost FIL one year ago today. It is so hard giving up the ones we love. Find peace in knowing he will no longer suffer and all the fond memories you share. Hugs to your mom, try to give her a bit of extra support. She probably wants to be with him terribly and it is affecting her mood, etc.

ShelleyM
02-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Prayers to your family, Vogue.

WTG, Janice!!

gdeann
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
GREAT JOB JANICE! Hugs all the way to Canada!

4myloves
02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm at 268, still, so no gain or loss to speak of! I guess that's good, but my goal for next weigh-in is to be down at LEAST one pound!

Gayle, good deal on the job decision! I think you'll be happy! I'll bet you'll always be able to go back to work at the store if you're not.

Janice--GREAT on the loss! I'm proud of you!

Sherry and Amy, you are both in my thoughts.

vouge09
02-27-2007, 04:26 PM
thanks , I am trying to be really understanding. anyways . how was everyones days? I have stuck to the diet hard but worth it. I tell myself , sooner or later you are going to make a final change so why not right now , today? and its working.

vouge09
02-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Day 4 - going great , I am waiting 2 weeks to weight myself though.

alinnell
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
THings are quite busy around here. Just taking a minute to check in.

vogue~waiting a couple weeks is probably a good idea. I have no self control when it comes to the scale. I have to weigh in every morning.

vouge09
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I coluldnt I just did haha thats probabbly the shortest time its ever took me to not follow through on a commitment, Hey I lost the 1.6 lbs I had gained whoo whoo!

gdeann
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
GREAT JOB VOUGE!

Thanks Cheryl, it really was a hard decision. I love retail sales & the job, just a few "nutsie managers" who will never change, so why stress. Now I will be working full time with "nutsie clientele" but they can't help it plus they are very appreciative. I only have one more day at the store this week then next week and I will be finished! WHOOT-WHOOT as Amy says. LOL!

ShelleyM
03-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Gayle-Yay! Today's your last day. Enjoy!

Vogue-Good WI.

Cheryl-How is everything for you? You are sounding a bit depressed. You can PM me, if you like.

I am the principal's secretary this week, since the lady went out of town. I have been very busy at work, what with the daycare and now this. Sorry I haven't been posting much. I am still very depressed over the job situation for Mike and my clothes fitting tighter.

gdeann
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Shelley, I still have today and 3 days next week to go before I can really celebrate! Now, to top all things, I have been picked for jury selection the week of the 12th. HOPEFULLY, i will not be selected, it is to be a 2-3 day trial. I'm sure there are enough retired folk that would love nothing more then to hangout in a courtroom all day. LOL! Don't get depressed about the tightness of your clothes. You are probably changing in body since you are no longer running. How is the bike working out?

Amy, congrats on the weight loss! Have you found a prom dress yet??

Off to work I go....(Gayle singing a happy little tune).....NOT! :-)

Chat with you all later!

coles
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Where is everybody.
I am up here in a snow and ice-storm. Just got hydro back on.

alinnell
03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh, Janice. You must be cold!!!

ShelleyM
03-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Gayle-Yep. My legs are getting bigger, since I haven't been running. I never realized how much it worked on slimming them. I love my bike! It's still not the same though.

gdeann
03-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Janice, sending a warm hug your way! HOPEFULLY, we will have spring soon!

How many miles are you getting in a day, Shelley? How is Mike's back?

ShelleyM
03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Gayle- Mike called me while I was biking. My MIL was in a grocery store parking lot and someone drove by and snatched her purse. It knocked her down and she is at the hospital now. They think she broke her hip or pelvis. Mike went over there.

gdeann
03-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Keep us updated about MIL, Shelley. I know she is not your favorite person, but you gotta feel for the lady to be robbed and end up with injuries too. Hmmmm...... just a thought...... you could become her caregiver as she recovers..... LOL!

Lynneye
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry I have been missing, things are hectic as usual!! Nothing serious, just a bunch of things going on, work is hectic, we are interviewing for a new faculty member, so those are all day things. Had a good weekend, and hope everyone else did too.

Thinking of everyone!

ShelleyM
03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Gayle-MIL had a total hip replacement. I am thanking G-d every minute that my SIL moved down here, because she will be staying there for the month. Now, pray for me. I have to go visit here this afternoon at the hospital:)

On a very, very sad note. One of our teacher's mom was killed yesterday in a car accident. The teacher is 7 mos pregnant, and the last time she was pregnant, her baby was stillborn at 7 mos. Please keep her in your prayers. She is such a nice lady and was very, very close to her mom. Her son also attends our school and was very close to his grandma.

coles
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Good Luck Shelley, hope MIL is going to okay. Thinking of you on your visit.
Very sad about your teachers mom. Prayers are sent to the poor lady.
I am down one pound this week. I have been totally on program so its a bit discouraging to only lose a pound.

gdeann
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Prayers sent to the family Shelley. How sad... we just had a young mother
(34) and two very small children killed here. Give MIL a big, huge hug from your friend in Kansas!! LOL! I bet you are REALLY thankful the SIL is around!

JANICE, GREAT JOB! DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! Your doing fantastic!

alinnell
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Prayers, Shelley.

You all can send some our way, too. I went to have my hair done this weekend and the owner of the shop wasn't in. I didn't want to be nosy, so I just listened. I knew that her husband had been killed in an auto accident last fall, but what I didn't know was the day of his accident, she was in having a PET scan. After the funeral, she got the diagnosis. Lung cancer. She's younger than me (I'm 43) and she has one daughter in junior high. She has had surgery and is on chemo and has lost all her hair. I guess on the days she feels up to it, she comes in and takes a few clients but isn't planning on returning full time for a while. All this and her husband had no life insurance and now she has to sell her house.

I've been kind of MIA lately. So busy with stuff. Weight is staying the same regardless of my attempts to lose. This week I'm incorporating more salads into our dinners so I hope that when I get to my 140 (the usual Friday weight) that I can keep it off for the weekend rather than letting the weekend catch up to me and starting Monday off at 142.5 like today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sherry
03-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Stop!!!! Please go to #15.......... :wave: