South Beach Diet - Birth Control Pills

View Full Version : Birth Control Pills

JerseyGirrl
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Ladies,

I am on BCPs for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I was on Yasmin which is supposed to help with weight loss and I gained weight from it and the side effects after 3 months never went away. I just switched to OrthoTriCyclene Lo on Sunday. I was on this one before and gained from it. I'm sticking to the diet very strictly and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Any one have any suggestions to avoid water retention/weight gain from the pill? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

marbleflys
02-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I've been on Yaz since July....I do retain water at certain times, but just try to drink/eat a lot of salt-free....(seltzer, fresh vegetables)....I haven't gained weight except in my breasts....I'm a VERY full C instead of regular and they are sore during my period.

exercise and less white carbs seem to work for me.

nineteen
02-21-2007, 12:25 PM
For me, Loestrin24 has been great.... definitely no weight gain. In the past, I definitely struggled with weight gain on various pills. Including orthotricyclene.

JerseyGirrl
02-21-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks for the info ladies...i do have to up the exercise a bit...but i've been limited due to medical conditions but i'm finally getting over them...so back on track for me...thanks again

SwimGirl
02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
I've been on Ortho, but not the low one.. and I seemed to LOSE from it, go figure. I would say drink more water to get rid of water retention, also I find drinking peppermint tea seems to help me not retain water.

-Aimee

JerseyGirrl
02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
SwimGirl: Thank you so much! I've been drowning myself in water. I love peppermint..never tried it in tea form but I'm goign to pick some up on the way home from work. Thanks for the tip!!

Lovestorun
02-21-2007, 03:12 PM
For me, Loestrin24 has been great.... definitely no weight gain. In the past, I definitely struggled with weight gain on various pills. Including orthotricyclene.

I am on this one as well and I to think it's great. What I love the best is NO PERIOD!!!!! Gotta love that!!!!