Old 02-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Default Applebees.. ?!?

I took my son to Applebees for lunch a little while ago and should have stuck with my origional plan: one cup of french onion soup and the chicken portabello mushroom sandwich that was on the WW menu. But, I hate mushrooms and wasn't in the mood for soup by the time I got there. Instead I chose 1/2 of a turkey sandwich minus the cheese and mayo and it came with a small chicken greek salad. The dressing was a mediterranian vinagrette and i ordered it without the cheese. I'm going to guess my meal was around 750 cal... does this sound like a good estimate? ingrediants in the salad were grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, peppercinis, tomatos, and black olives (didn't eat the olives).
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I DO have to say, though, that I was appalled to find the nutrition facts of my favorite meal there. The Oriental Chicken Rollup....it has a little apple symbol by it, meaning it's healthier than other choices. But I checked and it had around 1000 calories in it!!! MY GOD! That made me so mad!!! I LOVE the oriental chicken roll-up, and now I feel like I can never eat it again. Makes me wonder what exactly they cook everything in....restaurants are just as evil as fast food places.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #3  

Yeah, I had my "healthy restaurant choice" wake-up call when I looked at a Chili's menu to find that their "healthy" selection contained 4 meals of 700+ cals, and that's it. Fish, rice, and veggies should not have to be 700 cals!! Sheesh.

See if a calorie value website can help you. They may not have your exact meal but you can get a better idea of how much similar meals would be worth.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calorie...cturer/27.html
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search/Applebees

The Applebee's website says they don't provide nutritional information on their food....... because oh gosh, with so many different vendors, we just wouldn't know what food to provide information for!!

Buncha' BS, if you ask me
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I now just trust my instict when I go out to eat! Yes, the half of turkey sandwich might have had more calories than the chicken and portabello (which by the way I love! ) but by ordering it sans the mayo and cheese you easily shaved off a couple of hundred calories! Plus you got what you really wanted to eat and it still wasn't a full sabotage.

I also was in total shock when I saw the calories in the Oriental Chicken roll-up! This past Friday night, I ordered the salad sans the dressing with grilled chicken and it just wasn't the same.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I thought the apple symbol meant that it was an "applebees signature" item?

As for the calorie count, I have no idea, but it doesn't sound like you made bad choices at all given the options you had.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Oh man! The oriental chicken roll up is my favorite too. Good thing we only go to Applebees for my bday and sometime on our anniversary. Wowzer!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #7  

Yep, the little means it is an Applebees Signature, not that it is healthier (UNfortunately!)
DoinItForSkyler is offline   Reply With Quote