WW Clubs and Groups - #178 Bale of Turtles Moving Forward!

Itryharder
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
02-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi Turtles,
Everybody go back to thread #177 because Ariana posted a fabulous post there at the same time I opened the new thread, #178. Go read it! It's full of very exciting news.

Okay Ariana, I'm letting the news out. :cp: :bravo: :dancer: :cloud9:
for buying new clothes in a new smaller size. I would give anything to be a size 12 again. Weigh to go!
Judy

Princess1122
02-20-2007, 08:59 AM
First of all, huge congrats to Ariana! That is just cool beyond words!

Not much is new here really, I did go to the gym last night and worked out and it felt great. I only did a mile on the treadmill and then a mile on the eliptical and then strength training on my arms but that was enough to get me started after having done no cardio last week... I will be going again tonight so I feel very back on track and have high hopes for this weeks W/I unless that TOM arrives early then that will shift things around a bit but I feel back on track and in control and that is huge for me.

Ariana: The size thing and the loss is way too awesome... you deserve it and I bet you feel like a million bucks right now! Treat yourself well, you have earned it. I have tried the Meetup site and joined a book club thru them but I did not continue with that particuliar group as they read books that did not interest me very much... the book club that I belong to now is a mystery club and most of the folks are a bit older then me which would be fine but most of them live in a town north of here about an hour away and they make the drive to the meeting once a month. I will continue though as girlfriends are fun and they make life special. Thanks for the spelling correction... I played with spell check for a long time on that one and could not get it right so I let it go thru as is... actually, it was a fun evening and she was not a Psychic so to speak but read tarot cards... it was interesting and I would do it again I think. I did not stay very long at the party... I would have stayed longer but I quit smoking in May of 2006 and everyone that was at the party was smokers and the apartment was small and it was hard to get away from the smoke so I just kind of made my excuses and headed home... I was glad that I went and it reminded me that quiting smoking was the best move I have ever made :D Oh, by the way, I got the book that you recommended from the library, The Beekeepers Apprentice, and will be starting that as soon as I get done with the one that I am currently readying.

Judy: Thanks for moving us over to a new thread... how are you doing?

Chris: How are things with you?

Bandit: What is new with you? I saw the weather map and it looks like Canada is still pretty cold... we are warming up here and all the snow is melting which brings all new issues as it is flat here and the water tends to stand and flood easily.

Kerri: Are you back from vacation yet? If so you have to tell us all about it!

I have to run but will check back later on.

Susan

Itryharder
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Princess,
Good for you for leaving the party with smokers. That has to be another temptation that you don't need. Isn't it odd how once you give up smoking, the whole habit is pretty hard to take? Glad you're full swing back into exercise. I'm heading to the :tread: in a minute, but wanted to post.

Ariana, I hear you about those boxes of clothes. You are young and deserve to be in a lovely size. I am so thrilled for you and also admiring you because of your persistance in doing the right thing. Isn't it exciting to have people notice how you're doing? :cp: :bravo:

I'm doing fine. Got through the birthday party with flying colors. Had a small
amount of food on my plate for dinner. Got hungry later at night and had a bowl of cereal to tide me over. Next day for my dd's birthday party, I had a great choice at John Harvard's--a cute restaurant with a brewery--very casual and fun. I had a burger minus roll and asked what could replace fries. Believe it or not, they offered fresh asparagus which were delicious. How odd, but it worked for me! At home I had a tiny slice of :hb: cake and called it a day. Again, I have knocked off the top weight I put on and now need to actually lose weight. This gets so old, but I am on track and doing the right thing. I'll go to WI tomorrow. Dh wanted to go to lunch today, but we're not because any restaurant food temporarily puts weight on for me. Sounds odd, but I am very salt sensitive and after awhile you get to know your body.
We can go to lunch tomorrow if he still wants to. In the meantime we're heading out to grocery shop and will buy the fruit and veggies that we need.

Best wishes to everyone. Chime in when you can. Again congrats to Ariana and Princess for tackling weight head on with :ebike: and :tread:
Judy

Princess1122
02-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Morning all!

Well I went to the gym last night and did 2 miles on the treadmill with a mile of it on an incline and did not do any eliptical but I did do my ab's so that was something. I will go tonight and am going to do the 2 miles on the treadmill and at least a mile on the eliptical and that should have me back to where I was before the snow storms hit and I missed going to the gym for a week. It really takes me a while to get back on track once I miss a week... I only have Pilates two times this week since my Monday class is at a school and they were closed for Presidents day so I got an extra day at the gym instead and I am really hoping that will help kick start the weight loss again.

You know, when I weigh myself the day after I have been to the gym I show a huge gain... is that normal? Like 3-4 pounds according to my home scale... seems strange but it happens all the time...

How is everyone doing?

Judy: you are right, I could not wait to get out of there and could not stand how I smelled all the way home... I got out of that clothing right away. But I really enjoyed the event and I would go again if invited.

Ariana: How are you doing so far this week... your weight loss is really coming along... I really admire you!

Ok, for all of you readers I have a book series suggestion for you: They are written by Julia Spencer-Fleming and it is a mystery series. There are five books in the series and you should read them in order if you can... http://www.juliaspencerfleming.com/midwinter.html Here is a link to her website and on the left of the webpage it lists the books in order - it starts with "In the bleak midwinter". I have really enjoyed them so I thought I would pass it along to anyone that enjoys reading.

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan

Itryharder
02-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Princess,
I feel Ariana is our exercise expert (Mousie are you lurking and can you help here?), but I'll give an explanation that I've heard. I have read and heard at my WW's mtg. that heavy exercise after a period of little or no exercise inflames the muscles and causes them to temporarily hold fluid. Therefore you may very well see a weight gain. It is ironic that when you are doing the best thing for your body, your body plays this trick and causes the scale to go up. At this point it's really important to remember that the fluid gain is temporary, and will disappear. In the meantime, with proper eating, the fat will break down and go away and at the same time you will be improving muscular strength. I think 3-4# is a big gain, but since this happens every single time you resume a great exercise schedule, it seems to me that the above is what your body is doing. Good luck with this. Remember, it's not a real gain at all--it's a fake fluid gain that will release very soon.

All goes well here. I'm heading to my WW's mtg. Having gotten on the treadmill has encouraged me to do the best I can all around. This weekend we have house guests, a wedding to attend, and then another birthday party here on Sunday. We are a large and social family and I have to keep on ignoring party food, make the food at home WW's friendly, and keep on keepin' on. I'll check back once I WI.

Bale of Turtles--let's drink that water and move!
Judy

Itryharder
02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Turtles,
I weighed in at 217#. The digital scale was all over the place, but that's where it settled. That still has me down 5# since August. I know that's nothing to brag about, but I am tackling the Christmas weight and getting over the fear of getting back on the :tread:. In the past I have lost a pound a week with proper eating and :tread: 3-4x a week. I hope to repeat that and join Ariana with her size 12's. Yay! :cheer:
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland :cool:

Ariana2000
02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Ladies -- Good afternoon. How is everyone? Work is a little less stressful, though not any less busy than usual. I'm looking forward to the weekend already, even though I have to work Saturday. How is everyone?

Judy -- thank you so much for noticing that I posted in the wrong thread. I didn't see it until today. Thank you for the congrats; I am thrilled to be a size 12 again. That was one of my long-term goals -- goal, and/or being a size 12 again. I can't fit into all size 12's now, but I did fit into quite a few of them, and all of the 14's are too big. I figure that once I get down to goal, I'll be a comfortable 10, or 12. That would be fantastic. :D :D :D And remember, you *can* be a size 12 again. Just keep going; I certainly didn't get here overnight, but it was worth it, and I'm not finished yet. :D :D :D Mousie is our exercise expert, I'm a big fan but not a big expert. Regarding the weight gain, it's important not to let any gain, regardless of the cause, dissuade you. It's possible, I suppose, that working out can cause a temporary weight gain, but that's no reason to stop. It's important to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, but muscle burns more calories than fat, and looks and feels better on the body -- I life weights and I do spinning -- that's one of the reasons that no one can believe me when I tell them how much I weigh or what size I am. Although some forms of exercise may not cause the scale to budge, they do eliminate inches of fat and replace it with muscle, which is very important to your health and well-being. I guess the short answer (which I never give first! ;P) is this: keep working out and eating healthy, and the weight will come off as long as you burn more than you consume. If you eat healthy and work out, and you're still not losing the weight, keep trying for 2 or 3 weeks; if the weight still won't budge, trying re-evaluating your strategy -- you may need to ramp up or just change your exercise, or you may be eating too many zero point foods, or you may not be counting your points well enough, or you may not be getting enough protein, etc. Keep it up, Judy -- you can do it!

Princess: Glad to hear that you're back on track. Your workout sounds like a lot to me, so don't knock it! Re new size/weight loss: thanks! I am thrilled. I plan on getting myself something special once I reach the next 10-pound milestone (that's 60 pounds lost -- I have 6 pounds left), but I haven't decided what to get yet. Re psychic vs physic -- we understand what you meant, I just thought it was a funny reversal, like a freudian slip, but not sexual. Quitting smoking is so good for your health, cheers for you on getting out of there. Let me know how you like Beekeeper's. It's one of my favorites.
Re weight fluctuations -- many people have weight fluctuations throughout the day and the week. I would advise you to weigh yourself only once a week, and to do it at the same time of day, under the same conditions if at all possible (i.e. I almost always weigh myself on Wednesday night after Powerflex.) Your body weight could go up temporarily after working out, I don't know. I don't think it's something to be concerned about, though. Thanks for the book rec!

Judy: Thank you! I think everyone deserves to be in a lovely size, young or "less young". ;D Congrats on your self-control at the birthday party, and waiting to go out to eat.

kerriscards
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Well hello to you all...I am back and still catching up on things..Wanted to say hi and will catch up on posts later...:cp:
I am up on weight:goodscale (as expected) need to get to work and get down a little before weigh in at the end of the week...
I had a grand time :beach: but its always good to be home again...
I hope you all are doing well and staying warm..Its now a little cool in Fla....;)

chrily
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm not even going to try to catch up on everything...arrgghhhh!

These last two weeks have been ****. I have never felt this miserable. I'm feeling better but still have the occasional breathless episodes that send me into a full-blown panic attack. I still feel weak, don't have much of an appetite, and I do get shaky still, but I think the majority of the yeast is out of my system now. Just can't get rid of those nagging feelings that there is still something wrong. I'm sure its just more anxiety but its hard to tell reality from my imagination on that.

I did have a dr. appt and they want to test me for sleep apnea. I guess that can cause anxiety attacks, depression, serious lack of energy, insomnia, daytime drowsiness, and weight gain. Hmmm..all of which I have. He set me up with double meds for depression. I'm taking Lexapro again (hate the side effects, but need the seratonin) and to take care of the rest of me I'm back on Wellbutrin XL. I'm also on antihistimines and Sudafed. I feel like a walking pill container.

I'm sorry for being gone so long. I just haven't felt good at all. Some days it felt like I was going to die. That bad....seriously. I've scared my family to death and myself also. I get nauseous even thinking about bread or bread like things. NO MORE FOR ME EVER! :)

Gonna go. My grades have gone way down from all this and I need to study for my Finite math test tomorrow. Talk to you soon...

Princess1122
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Well it is a cool but sunny day here... the snow is still melting and they are calling for huge rain storms to come in this weekend which is just not good news for us here in the flat lands... my yard is like a swimming pool now let alone if we add the 4 inches of rain they are calling for. When I put my dogs out to go potty they just stand on the back sidewalk and look at me as if to say "I am not walking in that yucky stuff!"... oh well, this too shall pass.

Well I did go to the gym last evening but was just not feelin it so I did a mile and a quarter on the treadmill and just headed home. My TOM came early, yesterday, so I am dealing with that and the cramps, etc. are getting worse as I get older... I take meds for them but they don't always help with the whole situation and yesterday was just one of those days... I tried to talk myself into staying and working out longer but just couldn't do it. I have Pilates tonight and that will be good. Not holding a ton of hope for an awesome W/I on Saturday but we will just wait and see.

I have been thinking that maybe I should switch to Core for a while and see if that helps to get me going again, any thoughts on that? I am not sure that it is for me... that whole "stop eating when you are satisfied" thing is rough for me... if I could do that then I most likely would not be over weight to begin with. But I hear there are ways to do Core and also count your points so that you are not over eating... any thoughts on that one too?

Chris: Glad you are back and best wishes for continued recovery.

Ariana: Thanks for the words of wisdom... you are always a positive force for me.

Kerri: Glad you are back and very glad you enjoyed yourself... you have to tell us all about it when you have a minute.

Judy: What is going on with you? You do Core don't you? Any suggestions for me?

That's all for now,
Susan

Itryharder
02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Chris,
:grouphug: don't worry about catching up. Take care of yourself and listen to your doctors. This too will pass.

Kerri,
:beach: glad you had a good time. The weight gain is temporary as long as you do the right things now. And I know you will!

Princess,
Yes, I do Core. The main reason most people quit Core is that they slow their weight loss by eating too much (even of the Core foods). When you want to shake up a weight loss, change is always good. My suggestion is that I love Core, but I too have to watch the amounts of food I am eating. I'm hoping that getting on the :tread: and being careful with my food will allow me to lose a pound a week. I've done it before and think I can do it again. As to you: Some of my friend do this: They use Core foods on their Flex plans. Having rice? Use brown instead of white. Having steak? Make sure it is a loin cut with no visible fat. Having cereal? Opt for oatmeal or shredded wheat. In other words, count points but choose your foods from the Core plan. Then, if you'd like, you can use some of the 35 weekly point allowance for foods off Core when you really need something else. I think it's worth a shot. :idea: It would certainly be a change and we know that that works well. Good luck. As far as exercise, your intentions were good and you'll be better in the swing tonight. It sounds like you're in pre-menopause and as I remember those periods were really tough. Princess, you're a winner and you're doing this. Don't be discouraged if the scale is a little whacky this weekend. Your body is undergoing changes.

Oh, by the way, at the WWmtg. yesterday a woman who has lost 60# so far and has a good amount to go was furious two weeks ago. She had eaten perfectly, and started a vigorous exercise program. And she gained two pounds on the scale. She was furious. Well, the WW lecturer addressed the problem like this: Yes, this is a common occurance. I cannot talk about it because how would you feel if you were about to embark on an exercise program and I told you it would make you temporarily gain weight? Would you start? Probably not. And yet the gain is temporary--retention of fluids around the muscles that have been damaged. Drinking water will help to release those fluids and you'll see your weight loss the next week. Okay--that makes complete sense to me and I can see her point about the emotional side of dieting. She's right.

I've gotta run. I'm doing great and will get on :tread: again today. I am trying to structure my day so that it suits all the things I like to do.
Take care, be well and keep up the exercise.

Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland :cool:

chrily
02-23-2007, 12:00 AM
My Brain Is Working Again!!!

Princess1122
02-23-2007, 08:13 AM
As always I am thrilled that Friday is here... love Fridays!

I have no major plans for this weekend other then to get my errands and chores done as quickly as possible and then to have some fun time... I asked my husband to take me on a date this weekend and he just looked at me like I had been sent from another planet... I kind of feel like for the last few months I have been doing lots of chores and taking care of everyone and I would like some "fun" time... nothing big or expensive... just maybe a trip to Subway and then movie or even Subway and then Blockbuster... I am not picky and I am a pretty cheap date :D

W/I tomorrow, not going to be good but with TOM and all it is out of my hands so I will just plow on ahead.

I have to run but will come back in a bit to respond to everyone.
Susan

chrily
02-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Susan, I hope you and your husband can have your date night. I think a person does need that. My husband and I used to never go anywhere without the kids and we grew so far apart. Now we try to go out as often as possible. Usually we go out for dinner and rent some horror movies and go home and watch them while the kids spend the night with my SIL. Or since he quit Sears and is doing his own business now, I go with him on his out-of-town calls. It's not much but at least we stay a little more connected.

Well not much planned today. If Kelly gets back home with my Tahoe, I'm going to pack up the kiddies and go to my sister's. She wants to start doing our pilates workout again...3 x week. I'm all for it. It's a Method dvd. They have an awesome video collection.

Well gonna go. Check back when I get done with some more homework.

Christina

Princess1122
02-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Well DH was not feeling well so no date night for us... oh well, maybe next time. I woke up not feeling well on Saturday so it worked out for the best. We had a quiet weekend.

How is everyone else doing?

Susan

Ariana2000
02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
A quick catch-up...

Ladies: Well, I gained 1.2 this week, which was frustrating but understandable. I was only able to workout 2x last week and I went home and my family had Vday chocolate for me and we all went out to dinner, etc., etc. I think I did okay this weekend (weekends are my primary weakness, but my SHD on the Wendie plan is Saturday, so they usually work out okay.) I saw "Little Children" with Kate Winslet -- it's been nominated for awards, and it was great -- and I saw "Pan's Labyrinth" (I cannot spell that word for the life of me) and that was even better, truly excellent. It's dark and sometimes gory and often scary too, like the fairytales that used to be told to Kings and Queens, not the kind for children. I loved it. It won several awards at the Oscars yesterday. I worked 5.75 hours of OT Saturday, and that excludes 45 minutes for lunch and an hour nap (I was exhausted.) Sunday, I cleaned up and did food prep (steamed asparagus!) and started to learn foundation piecing/paper piecing. It's very relaxing. I'm listening to Wicked by Gregory Maguire while I work, which, if you ladies have not read it, is an excellent book!

Now, to each of you...

Kerri -- welcome back! You'll get it to go back down, I'm sure.
Chris -- sorry you are feeling so unwell. I hope things clear up completely, and soon!

Princess: congrats on going to the gym even though you felt lousy. Don't feel bad about not staying as long as normal, you *went*, and that's at least half of the battle. Core is always a possibility. I don't think I could do it, but I know that Judy does it, so maybe it will work for you??? I know nothing about counting points and doing core, although I guess you would just count the point values of items that are core? Thank you for that ("Thanks for the words of wisdom... you are always a positive force for me. " -- I appreciate it, and it means a lot to me! :D :D :D) Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a cheap date! ;D Your plans sound good to me! ;D Sorry you guys haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!

Judy: That is very informative (about weight gain) and good to keep in mind. I have thought about core myself, and I may do it someday. We'll see. I think I would have a very hard time with it, but yes, change is good!

Okay, I have to go now and try to get some work done before my trainee returns and we get back into her training...have a great day ladies, and take care!

Princess1122
02-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Well not much is new here really... same old thing and the scale is not budging... I am just not too sure about core... I have tried similiar diets in the past and ended up gaining weight since I don't seem to have that on/off switch when I am full. I am going to review and try the Wendy plan again and see what happens... I know that the winter has a lot to do with the lack of losing... I do much better when I can get outside, use the grill instead of the oven and the crockpot, and work in the yard and garden... winter is just not good weight loss weather for me I guess but be that as it may I am still going to get myself kick started again. I know I am snacking more then I should as I am just really bored at work right now... I try and keep myself busy but there is only so much you can do... I will work on all areas and keep chugging along :D

Ariana: So sorry about the gain at W/I but it sounds like you know where it came from and you know how to handle it so that it most of the battle right there... have a great day at work... I know you are the opposite of me... you are busy and working OT and I am bored out of my skull...

Judy: What is new with you?

Kerri: Are you back into the swing of everyday life again? That is hard after being on vacation...

Chris: Are you feeling better?

Bandit: How are you doing? I'll bet you are looking forward to spring also.

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan

Ariana2000
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. I had a horrible :eek: morning. My current project kind of blew up in my face, and it was very stressful, because I was worried that we were going to have to do something that would really tick off the client and set the project back. My manager is thinking about accepting the flaw and moving on, so it's not as bad as it looked, but I still have all of those stress chemicals running around my body, and for a while there, my body was screaming for grilled cheese, french fries and ranch (my favorite comfort food.) But I called my Mom (she usually makes me feel better), ate my fruit and made myself eat the lunch I'd brought. I'm starting to feel better, although my chest is still tight from stress (that happens when I'm stressed out, I feel like I can't take a full breath of air). Hopefully this afternoon will be much, much better, and thank god for spinning class; I'm going to need something to work off today's stress. Other than that, everything is okay. I am planning on doing my best to make it to the gym 5 days a week instead of four, until I get down to goal; I feel like I need the extra push to lose more. I've been toying with the idea for a while, as I'm sure I've mentioned to you ladies, so now I'm going to try it. Wish me luck! ;D

Okay, I'm going to go to some organization or shopping website or something and hope I can relax. Lunch is over in 15 minutes, and I have to get back to work...

Princess: I'm sorry you are maintaining, but it is still better than gaining... Judy talked about eating "unit foods" in Core, and I think that she meant individual servings of food at a time, rather than eating until you are full. I know that I find it easiest to control portions when I take out only what I plan to eat, and make each item in the meal a portion size (for example, I'm eating a serving size of lasagna, a serving size of asparagus and tea for lunch; earlier, I had a serving size of grapes, and later I'll have an apple (a serving size.) I think that many people have trouble with Core because they serve themselves more than a portion size of each thing and then, they eat it, because, well, it's there in front of them anyway and they're hungry because they're losing weight. Perhaps it could work for you if you made your meals and snacks out of portion sizes, and didn't allow yourself to eat any more than a portion size before you'd let, say, 20 minutes go by after you finished eating? That way your stomach will have time to send messages to your brain that you're full. Totally up to you, but it might work. My concern with core for myself is more that there are many foods I eat now which I wouldn't be able to eat on core. But I may try it someday. We'll see. Extreme weather does mean that you have to work harder to find substitutes for your outside diversions and exercise, but it is doable. Or maybe the snacking you mentioned is the problem? I know how hard it is to be bored at work, and how boredom can lead to snacking. I'm sorry, but I forget what kind of work you do. Are you in a position where you could ask for more or varied tasks to make things more interesting? Re my weight gain: Yeah, I know where it came from, and I'm working on making it go away. Re working OT: yep, I haven't had downtime at work since right after I finished training (more than a year ago.) That's good, though; I'm rarely bored, and when I am, it's always for a short period of time, 2 or 3 days while I do something really tedious and annoying.

kerriscards
02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi to you all....;)

I am still trying to get back into it Susan but its so hard to catch up...
Trying to read posts etc...

WW meeting was on Saturday and I was up 3.4 from the trip so its going to be a hard road and I will do it in the next few weeks....

Ariana, I sure hope things have gotten better for you..

Have a wonderful week all you turtles.....:cool:

Itryharder
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Tomorrow is my WI and I think I'm up about 4#. I'll let you know. I must get there. I know why I'm up--wedding, birthday party, birthday party, birthday party (that's three in a row). I never overate at any one event, but put that many events together and eating out and it's tough. I am still on the :tread: and very proud that I'm making that part of my routine. I'll post tomorrow when I know my official weight. Can't respond to everyone right now, but will try to make time tomorrow. Eat well, exercise, and drink that water.
Judy

Itryharder
02-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Dear Turtles,
Ariana, wow, you've got a lot going on lately. I hope your current work project is working out okay. I am so glad you've got your Mom to talk to and that she can help you feel better. That support is priceless. :love:It's also tricky to go home (my kids were here with us this weekend) and not eat the "home" foods and Vcandy, etc. I think 1.2# is not a bad gain for the circumstances, but I also know you have a February goal. I hope your next WI is a :goodscale: and I'm sure it will be.

Kerri,
I know seeing 3.4# up on the scale isn't fun, but I think it's terrific that you got back to WW WI and that you're ready to tackle your weight. Honestly, being on vacation for that many days, I could have gained more than you did, so I have a feeling you watched a lot of what you ate. keep posting here and we'll give you encouragement. :carrot:

Chris,
Glad you've got a plan for Pilates from a DVD. I am also sending you :goodvibes: with your health. Feel well and keep on keepin' on.

Bandit,
How are you doing? My ds lives upstate and has plenty of snow, so I can only imagine what it is like in Canada. :goodvibes: for all the planning and prep that you do. I know it's paying off.

Princess, That date night sounded like fun, so I'm sorry it fell through. This weekend is coming up mighty fast, so maybe you can get a dinner out and a movie then. Hey, any news about your dh's job? Okay, this is my thought on Core/Flex. Since you already journal and count points, I would continue to do that. However, I would substitute Core foods for some of the foods you would ordinarily eat. Go slow and try not making huge changes at first.
And Ariana's idea of using "unit" foods is a good one. For example, unit foods are self-contained: one egg, one chicken cutlet (rather than digging into a chicken), if you can find it--one FF string cheese, tiny FF cottage cheese container, a container of SF applesauce--see? All these foods are a unit by itself and therefore discourage you from eating more. I keep a bag of tiny apples in the fridge, because if I have large apples available, I won't cut it in half, but eat the whole thing. So, think about switching over to some Core foods--or even all Core foods. You may find that some of your cravings slow down or disappear. Having high fiber foods does help me stay more full.
I eat oatmeal (you can use the instant pre-measured packets although I don't mind measuring and cooking Old Fashioned oatmeal), you can measure out shredded wheat for breakfast---again a high fiber cereal that stays with me. If you have any other questions, let me see if I can be helpful.

Okay, I headed to WW's this morning even though I knew I was up. We've been so busy that it would have been easy to skip. I'm so glad I didn't skip the WI because I was up 2# instead of the 4# I thought I had gained. I believe the :tread: is helping me very much. I did prepare WW friendly snacks over the weekend, but had plenty of other food about for the family.
Of course I've got to watch it, because now I have attacked my weight loss and I'm only down 3#. I'm going in the wrong direction. So, today has been great and I intend to keep it that way. (Of course having a root canal done will help me keep honest!!!!!!)
Take care,
Judy
234.6/219/thinner into onederland :cool:

Ariana2000
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
I just weighed in and I lost 2.4 pounds! I haven't lost that much in one week since November (right after Thanksgiving.) Is that awesome or what? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No more time to post. I'll read over what everyone said today tomorrow, I just HAD TO TELL YOU GUYS!

:D :D :D :D

Princess1122
03-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Morning all... rainy day here today with flood warnings all around... not fun but it is washing the snow away and making it seem more like spring is coming so that is a good thing.

Ariana: CONGRATS! I am very happy for you! That is just too awesome and I know you are walking on cloud nine right now... and you should be!

Judy: DH job is in limbo really... the company is going to be sold and that will be final soon... we are just holding tight, trying to pay off bills as quickly as possible, and saying lots of prayers that both of our companies ride out their current slumps.

I have to run... boss is hanging around :D

I will come back later on.
Susan

Itryharder
03-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Princess, thanks for the update.
Ariana, :cloud9: (I got the idea from Susan's post)
How wonderful!!! You made your February goal and then some!! :cp: :bravo:
I'm ready for another good day. :high: to all the turtles. We are a great bale. LOL
Judy

Ariana2000
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Ladies -- good afternoon. You know my big news about the loss yesterday. No wonder I've been so ravenous! I was "bad" today and caved, and had a small brownie. At least it's Thursday, and I have a few extra points on the Wendie plan on Thursday, so I should be okay. Also, I'm going to work out an extra day this week. Work is better, still quite stressful and tight-chest inducing (I mean, it makes me so stressed out that my chest feels tight and I can't get a full breath of air; not hyperventilating or gasping for air, just a quite uncomofortable sensation), but not as bad as before. I always feel better after writing you guys too; often, my chest "opens" up, after writing to you guys about my frustrations, so that is wonderful. :D Nothing more to report, really; I'm working out Friday night and hanging out with a friend Saturday (dinner and rummykub!)

Kerri -- you are no obligated to catch up on a week's worth of posts. Just let everyone know that you're going to start over again with the newest post. We understand. Yes, things have gotten better for me, relatively. Still crazy and stressful, but the stress is not so bad that I have trouble breathing.

Judy: It sounds like you've had a lot of healthy eating challenges in one week. Sometimes it happens that way, and always remember that you can bounce back. Phase 1 of the project (there are two phases) is going very well, Phase 2 is in greater jeopardy, but I'm working on it. Yes, it's very hard to go home and still eat well, but I did manage to bounce back, as you saw from my latest post. :D My Mom is a big supporter for me, and talking to her is great stress relief. It is wonderful indeed to have her to lean on. Thank you for the congrats. I'm thrilled! I didn't make my February goal, I'm off by .2, so I'm very, very close. I'm glad you're only up 2#, that's better than being up 4#! I was a little bit confused by that last sentence about going the wrong way...

Princess: I'd like to continue Judy's comments about unit foods. You can make unit foods servings yourself, with a food scale. When I prep my food each weekend, I package my fruit in individual containers, and each container has a serving. That way you can make your own individual servings of things without paying as much money for individually packaged food. Thank you on the congrats; I am delighted! I'm sorry you don't like your weather (I love those kind of days, but I'm an Arizonan), and I hope the best for your job and your hubby's job.

Anyway, have to go back to work now...take care!

Princess1122
03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Morning all!

Well it is sunny and cold here today but lots of the snow has melted so it would make taking a walk outside possible... I will have to see what the weekend brings as they are calling for more snow but I have my fingers crossed that it will go right past us :D. I will be going to W/I tomorrow no matter what... I have no false expectations on the outcome but I did not feel well last weekend and did not bother to go... I will be there tomorrow morning though bright and early.

I have really thought about it and I really don't think that Core is for me... I undertand about the unit foods and portion control... that is not the problem and as most over eaters know, if you want to eat you will find something to eat so I just need to pull myself up by my boot straps, give myself a good shake and get back to what I know works... I thought I was but obviously I am not... I believe that lack of cardio and too much snacking here and there is the problem so I will just re-focus and get back on it.

Ariana: You are doing sooooo great! I am so very very happy for you and you will hit this months goal. I just know it! Thanks again for the help and advice. I really appreciate it!

Judy: Thanks for all the info on Core... I just know myself too well and will use it as an excuse to eat as I shouldn't. I think that 2 lbs is not bad at all for all of the parites and other things that have been going on for you... not bad at all and you are back on track so that is a great thing.

Kerri: How is the weather down your way? I am going to Hawaii in April and am just very excited to be going to the warm and sunny places... I know you live it all year round but I am craving it right now in the worst way... Are you getting back into the swing of everyday life yet? Don't worry about catching up on the posts like Ariana said... we all do that from time to time... no worries.

Chris: What is going on with you lately?

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend?

Susan

kerriscards
03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi to you all...TGIF....:flow1: ...

Well I have been so darned busy this week that it slipped right by..Still catching up and trying to interview and hire help and that's not so easy...

Susan the weather has been hot, my AC has been running and I am trying to clean up leaves and that's a bear with the wind the way its been...They say it will be cool by Monday I hope so so I can push the mower around and suck up leaves...:dance: ....I know you will love Hawaii it is so beautiful..You can start count down soon....

Ariana, congrats on doing so well...Keep post here if it helps and take deep cleansing breaths often....:exercise:

Judy, thanks for the encouragement..Yes I was OK with that weight but being accountable is most important as you know with your weigh in this week...It wasn't as bad as you thought and you wouldn't have known that unless you went to the weigh in...great job..

Well my weigh-in is in the morning...:goodscale Its been a very stressful week and don't think I have done well...Too many Martini's...oops...:cheers:

I hope the rest of the Turtle gang are all fine...

bandit2
03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi turtles:

Just typed a big long post & got kicked out, so will keep it shorter.

Sounds like everyone is doing well so that is great.

Arian - congrats on such a big weight loss.

It was been bad weather up here lately. Lots of snow & freezing rain.
Makes it difficult to shovel and get around. Only made it to gym once last week and will try to get there this weekend.

Didn't made it to ww because of weather, but last week was down 1# which made 5.8# towards challenge with friends (challenge is 10#). But had some extra things this week since was my birthday on Fri.

So, have to get back on track for sure.

Anyway have a great weekend.

Itryharder
03-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Bandit, :hb: :cp: :bravo:
Hope you had a good birthday! Sorry the weather is so tough, but we'll be seeing our way clear soon. The rain here washed away a lot of the snow and it's sunny today, so hope the good weather migrates north to you.

Kerri, hope your WI is better than expected. :goodscale: We really live busy lives.

Princess, Hawaii is sounding mighty good about now. I know you'll have a wonderful :beach: I agree that it's best to go with what you know works for you. RIght now I know I can lose a pound a week if I eat right and exercise.
Wish me luck! :high:

Ariana, I find this a wonderful place to vent as well. It helps us keep healthy.
Glad the Wendie plan is working for you.

Gotta run and get some stuff done. You all take care and drink your water.
Judy

bandit2
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi turtles:

Weather much warmer today, abit of snow early this morning.

I have been sorting through boxes in my basement. What a challenge that is.
I have one room downstairs stacked with boxes from my move back home & have been putting off dealing with all the mess, but I am motivated to get it done. I had 4 bags of clothes picked up last week for a charity & that has spurred me into wanting it all done. Dropped off 3 more today at drop box and have 4 bags of garbage. So, have made a good dent in it all.

Biggest problem is finding a place for stuff I want to keep.

This week my goal is to get back on track with the eating & exercising.

So, lets everyone have a great turtle week. Bye for now.

kerriscards
03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello to you all....:cool:

Bandit...I sure hope you had a swell Birthday...:bday2you:
Can you share that energy with me....My closet is stuffed and all sizes and I am still having a hard time getting in there and sorting out what doesn't fit..Its a huge walk in and I just add new...ugh....Hope your weather eases a little for ya....

Judy ,my weigh in was lousy, I have been so stressed that I did fear that..up .4 so now I am up even more after the trip...:cry: Well I am brushing myself off and jumping right back on....:cheer2:

Princess1122
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Well W/I was just plain bad on Saturday... I was up 2.4... but I have a plan so we will see if it works... I am going to try the Wendie plan again as that helped me last time. I do not have my Pilates classes this week due to the school being closed for some reason so that means I will be going to the gym and doing more cardio this week.

My youngest DS is going to get some tests done today... he has been getting really bad headaches over the last month, he is like me and has always gotten them but they have been really bad lately and are more like migraines. I took him to the doctor and he refered us to a neurologist, the neurologist did not like the concentration of the headaches and has ordered an MRI and a brain scan. He put him on two meds... one to prevent them and one to be used as a rescue drug if he gets one... he was on the meds since Friday but it is just too soon to see if they will work... we go for the MRI this morning and start the brain scans next week. I pray it is just migraines and that the meds will control them for him... he is so young to have to deal with them but I got them at an even younger age when there was no med's for them... all you could do was lay in a dark, quiet room until they passed and that was usually two days at least. Now at least they have med's that make them go away. I pray it is nothing more serious then that...

Bandit: Happy birthday! Sorry I am so late! Best wishes with the weather, I know how you feel though, I am just ready to be over it all. One suggestion on the long posting and then getting thrown off-line... you could type everything on to a work document and then just cut and paste it into a reply post. Just a suggestion.

Judy: How was your weekend?

Ariana: How was your weekend?

Chris: How are you feeling these days?

Kerri: I understand about the closet issues, I have the same ones :D

I have to fly but will check back later on.
Susan

Itryharder
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh Princess,
I'm sorry to hear that your ds is dealing with bad headaches. The whole process is so unnerving, so I'm sending :goodvibes: that he will be fine.

I like the idea of th eWendie Plan for you and doing Cardio this week will also burn more calories than Pilates. It's weird how things work out, isn't it?
:ebike:

Kerri, don't be down. Your weight gain was so tiny that it could have been anything. The important thing is what you are doing already--shaking it off and getting right back on track.

Bandit, the clean up clutter bug must have bitten us both at the same time. Congratulations on packing up so many clothes to give away. I know there will be people in your community who will be very grateful! :cheer: I have books that I have been meaning to go through, and this morning before bringing down the laundry, I went through 3 bookcases and took out the books I know I will never refer to again. I'm hoping my Public library will want them. Down with a cold today, so I won't get there today, but I am sure I'll get there sometime this week. Had a perfect day yesterday, but the scale went up, so I need to keep off the scale for a bit before it plays tricks with my head.
Judy

Princess1122
03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
well it is sunny but very cold here today... we are supposed to warm up later this week and I am really looking forward to that...

I have been working on the Wendie plan this week, yesterday was a low points day and that was very hard... I was very hungry for something sweet last evening but just went to bed instead. I did go and work out after work... I got in 1.25 miles on the eliptical and 2.0 miles on the treadmill with 50% of it on an incline of 4.5... I need to work my way back up and the lack of cardio sure shows when you are trying to get back into it... I will keep at it though. I have been watching a movie while I walk on the treadmill called The Illusionist with Edward Norton and Jessica Beal, I have really enjoyed it so far although I normally have to watch the movies in parts since I don't spend the full amount of time there... I will finish watching it tonight I think.

Ariana: I finished the book yesterday that you refered to me, The Beekeepers Apprentice. I really really enjoyed it... I am going to suggest it to my bookclub members, knowing them they have already read it but you never know so I am going to mention it anyway.

Judy: The scale can be so cruel to us... I think that we all have this love/hate relationship with the scale, we love it when it is good to us and hate it when it shows a gain :dizzy:

Kerri: I agree with Judy, don't let it get you down, you will bounce back quickly from being on vacation.

Bandit: I have the same problem with my closet right now... some of the things I am afraid to get rid of and I still have boxes downstairs in the basement that I have never gone thru and we have been in this house for over 4 years now...

Chris: Hope all is well with you!

Susanhe

Princess1122
03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Morning all!

Well, today is my DH birthday so I will be leaving work early today to prepare for tonight's celebration. Nothing big just the family over for supper and cake. Should be a good time.

I think the scale is starting to go downward and that makes me very happy... I did three miles in cardio last night but will skip tonight since we will be busy with the birthday stuff but I will be back on it tomorrow evening.

How is everyone doing?

I am really starting to look forward to our trip next month to Hawaii. We are excited about having some time alone and being in such a beautiful place that we are already starting to get ready :D

I have to run but will check back later on to see what everyone is up to.

Susan

Itryharder
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
HI Everybody: I'm starting the next thread: #179 See you there.
Judy