Simply Filling/Core - Core Weekly Chat Thread for February 19-25, 2007

Vickie
02-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey Chicks! Here's a new place to record all of our trials, tribulations, and triumphs.

Triumph away!!!

Vickie
02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Kathy, I wish I had some great advice for how you are feeling. Maybe some of your new medicine is making you feel this way?

I was going to run all of my errands today but decided I don't want to do them with everyone else. I forgot this was aholiday. So, chores at home today and running tomorrow. I'll still be busy. I just started some more laundry.

Talk to you all later today.

Katpo
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I finally dragged out and made it here, kicking and screaming (at myself) the whole way. I don't know what's going on.

Sandra, another question. I think I'm on question 4 of approx. 10,000 that I plan on asking. Is 25# too light? I found one that I'm looking at. I think I'm going to sell my 20 ga. and when I want to shoot a shotgun, I'll shoot the 12 ga. with a lighter load. Anyway, back to the bow. Is PSE an okay place to buy from? They have some (Heritage, I think) that seem okay. Actually, the one I really liked from there started at 40# so that's out. I know that it's probably way inferior to the professional ones you guys use, but as a starter I think it should do. I also liked the Martin X-200 but it starts at 45#. Bear looked too plain and Predator costs too much. AARRGGH! This is driving me crazy! Anyway, if you can recommend something, I'll be going this weekend to a few places.

I guess I'd better pretend to work for a while. Be back in a bit...

Froufy
02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Just checked the calendar - Happy President's Day - so is this a day off of work! Lucky you!

Still bitter cold here and I am still coughing and honking a bit - half the office out sick with either a cold or stomach flu!

Found a present on my desk today - a lovely PINK purse thing (by Elle) which is really an insulated lunch bag - so very cute - and inside is a waterproof camera!!!!!!!! I knew right away it was from former cruise buddy Andrea (we never even got to use the underwater camera) - she is so sweet! I love my new lunch bag and hopefully will be able to snap some lovely pics of very colorful fishies while I am snorkelling the beautiful blue caribbean waters!

I am on my own with little ds tonight - dh going jamming - dd dancing (7-9 pm) and as big ds is enjoying the beach in the dominican republic right now I will be hanging out w/ds until time to pick up dd! Not sure what to do - may go home or do the mall walk - or maybe a movie if timing is right?

Had late breakfast at work (like 10:30 am) so won't be hungry at lunchtime?? (altho I was ravenous this morning) - need to control that eating so I don't sink the ship - ha ha ha

Froufie

Katpo
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Just checked the calendar - Happy President's Day - so is this a day off of work! Lucky you!

Uh, no. I'm even military contracts and don't have the day off. Seems like maybe school kids, garbage collectors and bank workers are the ones around here. For everybody else, it's a regular ol' (yucky) Monday.

What a cool gift!!

TechAlum
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Happy Monday All!

Well I did pretty well when we went out, we had smoked salmon for an appetizer and then I had slow roasted duck with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veggies for dinner. If we ignore the wine it was a good meal.

Today I'm feeling icky. Can you catch a cold listening to others talk about it? Actually it's just an ear ache, I was up a bunch in the night because it hurt so bad, but now it's just plugged and a dull ache which along with the lack of sleep is making me feel woo-woo.

We made an excellent braised cod and clam dinner last night. It was the first time I'd cooked whole shelled clams and I was a little nervous, but it was really good. Tonight I'm on my own DH has some work thing that includes dinner, so I'm going to have left over stuffed peppers.

Kathy - I think you forgot postal carriers....and around here the garbage men work. Hope you're feeling better.

Frouf - I hate to iron too. DH does mine if it has to be done, he does a much better job anyway. When I was traveling a lot for work I bought a travel steamer to take out the wrinkles from packing, I found it much easier than ironing.

Coco - I have dr. Phil's book but haven't read it all the way either. As you can tell from my posts, we all get discouraged, hang in there.

Vickie - I have lost a lot of inches, they do measurements @ Curves monthly, but that's slowed down a bit too. I'm just gonna hang in there. I'm gonna have to try that stroganoff. I'm not a big protein fan so if it's drowned in creamy veggie sauce its way better.

Sandra - did you like "Cars"? I bought it for dh when it came out on DVD and really enjoyed it. (He of course loved it cartoons and cars his 2 favorite things).

Rhonda - I'm pretty surprised about the lettuce to, but at least they gave it to you to take home. Last fall we ordered pizza and when it came late it was because they ran out of cheese. Tell me how a pizza place runs out of cheese?????

Well I should probably get something constructive done. It's supposed to get above freezing for the first time in a month. It feels like a heat wave and it's only 30 :eek:.

-Tech/Donna

Katpo
02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Donna, you're right. We got no mail today but the garbage WAS picked up. I had put it out, then heard on the radio that there was no garbage collection. When I got home, I was surprised to see that it had been emptied, so I guess they weren't talking about our little town on the radio. Must have been Dallas or Fort Worth or one of the other big ones.

I finally left work around 1:00 or so. My stomach was killing me all morning, ever since eating my oatmeal this morning. It was cramping and I had chills then would get hot, then feel dizzy. I figured I'd better go home, so as soon as I got here I put on my PJs and climbed in the bed. I am feeling very out of sorts.

I had been emailing and calling Kate and never got her; finally figured out she's probably off today since she works for a bank. It's not IN a bank, but in the big customer service center. Still, I'll bet she's off.

Vickie
02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I posted on the general board about the problems I was having with the site. Suzanne made some adjustments and the site seems back to normal now for me. I hope it's better for all of you now too.

BTW, after days and days of research we are sending back the laptop. It's too much to spend and I'm concerned about security. Now I feel better. I was feeling stressed about the whole issue.

I'm off to relax for the evening. Have a great one!

coco99
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Evening Everyone
Well I weighed in tonight. And I gained another pound.
So I have got to get on the ball here.
I did dig out my Dr Phil book. But havent got it started. I did open it to the first page and put my bookmarker in it.
And the first thing that jumped out at me was this quote from Dr. Phil.
CHANGE CAN COME IN EITHER OF TWO IMPORTANT WAYS:
START BEHAVING POSITIVELY OR STOP BEHAVING NEGATIVELY.
So now to start reading the book.
Thanks for all the support you are giving me. You dont know how much this means to me. Thanks for always being here for me.
Well am going to get off here.
Just wanted to check in and let you know how I did.
So hopefully next week I will have a loss.
Everyone have a great evening
coco

Vickie
02-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Coco, we can do this together.

Tejas
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi All:

Well, finally, it is merely freezing now and the rest of the week isn't looking too bad compared to the last few weeks.

I did really well with food today, in terms of not eating much and staying on Core. I just had lf yogurt for a snack, and that is going to be it for the day. I haven't been too hungry and thought I'd take advantage of that feeling.

I'm turning in for the night, and hope everyone sleeps well :yawn:

Rhonda

Katpo
02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Vickie, I'm sorry to hear that. Our network is locked and requires a password; nobody can access it. I'm sure you can do the same but understand if sending it back makes you less stressed.

I'm still in bed ... yes, from 1:30 this afternoon. My stomach doesn't feel any better and I'm wondering if it's maybe a touch of food poisoning. I still feel hot and cold and a little faint at times. I guess I'll see how it goes in the morning, but tomorrow is chocolate fountain day! If I miss that, I'll really be disappointed and so will the others who are looking forward to it. I'll have to take it another day this week as an added treat.

It seems as though it's been a little slow today, but at least I was able to get on the site. At work though, it's a different story. At first it wouldn't let me log in at all, then I cleared the cookies and was able to. Each page I access though I have to re-login and it's a bit weird.

ontarget
02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
hi there. i trained for over 5 hours today. am i excited and pumped or what! curtis was with me the first 1.5. after that we came home for lunch then i went back by myself. the time to go to salt lake is getting near. tomorrow we'll train again. then tomorrow evening curtis and a buddy are going down to Victor, MT to watch a JOAD class. JOAD means junior olympic archery development. this class is run by a former student of curtis'. there are JOAD groups all around the u s. pretty neat to watch these youngsters flinging arrows. who knows? maybe one of them will be a gold medalist standing on the podium for us some day.

kathy, i just read your question and went downstairs to ask curtis what he thought. he said for you to draw the bow before you decide on purchasing it to make sure it's comfortable. don't let it be a "hassle" or struggle for you to draw. you won't have any fun if you get something too heavy. for a starter you might want something even as light as 20-25 lbs. 25 pounds is not too light. don't let men try to talk you into "heavy" equipment. you're not going to be shooting at long distances. most traditional shooters shoot from just a few feet to 25 yards at targets. remember--keep it fun. i don't know what you're planning to spend, but i'm thinking you could get an entry level recurve for around $100 or a little more. don't let anyone talk you into getting something you could "grow into." make sure it's comfortable for you to draw right now.

if for some reason, you wind up with a compound for some reason, make sure you get one that you can shoot on the low end of the draw weight range. make sure you have draw length adjustment.

you'll probably have more fun with a recurve. you can shoot this instinctively and not have to deal with high tech equipment.

girl, you could never ask me too many questions about archery or bows.

frouf, i feel your excitement. how sweet of andrea to get you the lunchbag and camera. you're a loved froufie for sure.

donna, we liked cars. lots of laughs for sure. thank you for starting the exercise recording thread. i need to get off here and hop on the :ebike:

vickie, i wish i'd sent my dell back. i've had a lot of trouble from the beginning; plus, i don't like having to use only dell products.

coco, thank you for the dr. phil quote. i am in desperate need of :dust:

rhonda, out of lettuce! now that's a corker. they gave you some to take home? what a hoot! i'll bet ya'll still had a good time.

ohhhhhh, i need to get this old bod moving and i need to get my eating under control.

Katpo
02-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks, Sandra! I do believe I might start with 25# and agree about not letting them shove me towards the "you'll grow into it" theory. The only thing bothering me right now is that the archery range is sorta around the corner and out of sight of the trap and skeet. I'd just be a little afraid of snakes and bobcats and stuff like that because it's sorta in a clearing in the woods. Of course, at first I won't be going by myself anyway so maybe I'll feel more comfortable than I imagine.

Cowtown Bowmen lost their range because when the current lease was up, the city was going to renew it at a cost of $104,000. Since it's a non-profit, there's no way that's an option. I'm still going to join their club too so I can go to the meetings and hopefully find someone to hook up with for instruction. And Saturday we're going to the Arlington shop to try a few out. I was thinking that I could find something for less than $200, so by you saying that I feel more comfortable. There's a PSE Recurve (Buckeye) that's right at $100 and by the time I added some accessories, I'd still be within my planned budget.

http://www.shootnhunt.com/catalog/JM/archery_supplies/bows/pse/2721963.html

Okay, it's really bedtime now. I shouldn't be tired but I am.

Katpo
02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
P.S. I saw that there's a brand of strings called Horton???? :yikes:

septembersgoal
02-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey girls. Just checking in to say hi and good night. I wanted to let you all know that I went to weigh-in and was up .4. I'm calling it a maintain. :) After losing almost 5# last week and not eating very well this week I'm surprised it isn't worse news.
I hope that you are all well. Kathy, I saw that you aren't feeling good, I hope you are better by now.
:hug:

Tejas
02-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Good Morning All:

Well, it was officially announced yesterday about my new position at work. I don't start until July 1, but the "deed is done" now.

I lost 1/2 pound over the week. That's not much, but it's just enough to kick start me I think. I liked the look of that scale going down. As I mentioned, I get to stay at home this week more than I usually do, and that always helps me control my intake and have more time to MOVE!

The first thing I have to do today is go grocery shopping because the cupboard is almost bare.

Then, I'm patching holes in the walls that DH took the wallpaper off. He didn't make the holes; one wall was just a mess. It's probably original from the 1920's, and I'm NOT replacing it. The new wallpaper can hold it up!

I do have to go into the office for a bit to meet about some matters, but I don't have to stay long. We are renovating our union office, and I also have to throw some stuff in boxes for our temporary relocation while the workers come in to tear down walls, etc. All in a day's work, as they say.

Hope everyone has an OP day. Stay warm; it's finally above freezing here.

Rhonda

Tejas
02-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes, Kathy, get well.

Froufy
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
There's a PSE Recurve (Buckeye) that's right at $100 and by the time I added some accessories, I'd still be within my planned budget. Cute bow Kathy - but does it come in pink??? :D:D

Hope you do not have food poisoning and are feeling better? (what did you eat?). Have you taken anything?

Rhonda - have fun patching up the walls - I bet that will also burn some calories. congrats on getting rid of that 1/2 lb!!

Melissa - good job at maintaining this week!

Sandra - you archery maniac - I bet you will do fantastic at your upcoming tournament given your dedicated practicing - you go girl!!! We are all rooting for you!

Vickie - you do not need any MORE stress - if sending back the laptop makes you feel better so be it! I'm sure you'll find something else if you really need to!

Got some VERY BAD NEWS yesterday (and in an email no less) - my brother who lives in Florida emailed me to tell me his wife and he are probably splitting up! I am devastated and very sad about this. Of course it was an unusual match (she is 20 yrs younger than him - wants a baby - he has a child from previous marriage and a vasectomy!!). Seems she is running with the 'big boys' (she is in major real estate in Florida - meets with many young handsome 30 something millionaires who are hitting on her daily - she is a GORGEOUS woman - like size 2 model - and an athlete to boot - triathlons, tennis, etc). Told him she is no longer attracted to him (and while's he is almost 52 he is in great shape - also a marathon runner)....I really feel for him. Sounds like they might be going for counselling (which I highly encouraged) and then my brother mentions going off to Russia? (not sure if he is kidding or not - we are of european descent - he was born there!).

Anyhow - I was bummed out all afternoon - and on the way home in the car I did start crying a bit - did not feel like exercising at all - but decided it was in my best interest to do so. So when I got home I bounded up the stairs, quickly changed into my workout clothes and popped my richard simmons dvd into the machine. Poor dh was very confused as he was starting to prepare dinner (chicken fajitas). Told him to go ahead - cook and eat - I would be down shortly.

The exercise really helped me feel better - then while dd danced (dh out jamming) ds and I went to the movies (yes popcorn and diet coke) and saw Music & Lyrics (Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant) - extremely CUTE movie - I loved it - left me with a nice warm feeling.

I did not sleep well either - well I did until 4:30 am (when dh was up and down) - then I was up and down and on the couch and in bed....tossed and turned til around 6:30 am - then of course freaked out when the alarm when off. Stayed in bed a while but finally made it to work by 9:15....I am exhausted.

Now I am not entirely cured of my cold either. Half the night was spent blowing my nose - still lots of mucus - but what is really bothering me is my ear pops every time I blow my nose? I don't think this is good - probably fluid in the ear? Need to get rid of that before it morphs into something bad. Has anyone ever flown with an earache or infection? I have and it is one of the most painful experiences of my life! Took a decongestant this morning (sudafed) to try to get rid of any lingering fluid.

Back to work....

Froufie

aghiowa
02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi ladies. Sorry I've been quiet for the last week or so. I've just had a lot to do and think about.

Dh finally got let go from his job last week. We kind of knew it was coming and have been planning since November, but still, it's scary. They're being pretty accomodating, and have given him till March 15th there, and let him have any time off he needs for interviewing/job hunting. He's understandably shaken about this, and I'm trying to be upbeat and positive. It's hard. He's a computer guy, basically, and the job opportunities in that field are kind of limited here now, especially since he doesn't have a college degree. (He has severe learning disabilities that make school VERY difficult and sometimes impossible for him.) Anyway, I guess I'm most concerned about health insurance. I know dh won't pay for COBRA (an option where you can continue purchasing your insurance, but at a higher rate). We can put the kids on state-assisted insurance, but we won't be covered, unless he finds a job before then. It's just all pretty scary, and I'm really on edge.

So, any well-wishes or prayers sent our direction would be good.

I am attempting to keep hard-Core this week, and the sugar monster is really trying to get me. But here's an amazing NSV...I made cookies for dh and the family the other day :cookie: and I haven't had ANY!

I'm off to make the weekly menu plan.

Later,
Angela

Katpo
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Angela, I'm very sorry to hear that! :hug: for you all. I hope things work out without too much stress involved. Probably too late for that though, huh? That's a great NSV about the cookies. My dd made some chocolate chips cookies over the weekend and I just noticed that they were all gone. I don't like them so it didn't bother me but I wonder if Judd ate the rest of them?

I'm awake and thinking about getting up to go to work. I need to do some major getting ready though, like shower and wash/dry hair, then stop by the store to get something to take to the luncheon. The chocolate fountain is out because I'm not going to take the chance on cutting up a bunch of fruit and handling other peoples' food, just in case I have something that is communicable. I doubt I do, but would rather be safe. I'll take it in at a later date.

Looks like Judd is still home as well. He stayed home with a cold yesterday and I still see his truck in the driveway. Haven't gone downstairs yet so I'm not sure what's up with him, but he must be staying home again.

I suppose I should go make some breakfast and try to eat it. I'll pop back in whenever I get to work.

TechAlum
02-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Good Afternoon All -

I had my mammogram this morning (what fun), then went to curves, came home and had lunch. Thought I'd check in here before heading up to my sewing room for the afternoon. I'm trying to get some UFOs (unfinished fabric objects) done so that I can start on something new. I need incentive.

I'm a little worried about :goodscale tonight, I'm feeling heavy, but last week I felt good and gained big time, so we'll see.

Sandra - Sounds like you got some of your problems worked out, you're much more upbeat about training.

Kathy - glad you're feeling better, and able to go to work. Have fun at the birthday party.

Angela - That is too bad. Hopefully everything works out for you guys :hug:

Rhonda - Hope the patching's going well. I need to get moving on that bathroom wall paper myself....:^:

Frouf - Take care of yourself, you want to enjoy that cruise...and I can't believe you're packing already, I'm lucky if I'm packed the night before, I usually end up getting up early the day I leave....

Coco - Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Hang in there girl.:dust:

Melissa - sometimes a maintain is a good thing.

Well I'll be back to let you know the damage. Have a great day everyone.

- Donna

Katpo
02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey, girls. I'm finally here and ready to get going. Actually, I got here at 11:30 but just now got around to posting. I stopped by the grocery store on the way to get something to have for lunch. This month's theme was cajun and I knew it would all be too spicy for my little tummy. I got some LaTortilla low-carb, low-fat garlic and herb whole wheat tortillas, some deli turkey and lettuce. I put the nutrition info in the WW calculator and using their 8 grams of fiber, it said -0 points. :lol: When I cap it at 4 grams (like you're supposed to anyway) it still comes out to 0 points. The turkey was less than a point (it's 60 calories for 2 ounces, and I only bought 1/4 pound, or 4 ounces, but it was 10 thin slices so that's 10 slices for 4 ounces or 120 calories, which means this is a horrible run-on sentence and the turkey is 12 calories a slice and I had 2 slices on my tortilla = 24 calories), the lettuce is zero, and I had a little smear of LF Ranch, which is all that's in the fridge in the breakroom. Anyway, the whole thing was filling and probably was between 1-2 points. Not bad.

Now I'm tired and my stomach hurts and I'm thinking about leaving early. I don't think it's going to be a very productive day anyway.

blessedwithsarah
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Hello all. Its been quite a few days here --- did anyone get the number of that truck!!! Well, after worrying about Sarah being hit with the flu a few weeks back, it hit me hard. Started at work on Friday - really didn't feel well, was going downhill all day. Finally decided to get out for the day, by the time I left it was 5:00. Oh well, woke up Saturday sick, sick. Barely got out of bed until yesterday. No fever, thankfully, but a bad, bad head cold - I think possibly sinus infection. Of course its over the long weekend and my Drs office is closed on Tuesday. So, unless I wanted to sit in urgent care at the hospital I had to wait it out. Thankfully each day I felt better and now I'm actually feeling a bit alive - back to a head cold.

The best or maybe worse part - I had no appetite since Friday. I made myself eat a few crackers here and there. Taking medicine without food on my stomach was not good after a few days. I felt bad that I couldn't do much with Sarah over the weekend. So this morning we were off to the indoor playgym and then to Mcdonalds for lunch. I actually ate this morning - a small bowl of shredded wheat. But I have to admit - the cheeseburger from McDs was fabolous!!! I figured it was the most I ate in 4 days, so not bad. My scale was down to 176 this morning - I think I lost about 3 pds by not eating. WI is tomorrow, and yes, I will make sure I make it. Heck, I might as well take the good loss after suffering.

Frouf - love the gift, such nice friends!
Kathy - I need to read on the old board to see what is wrong. I did read you were feeling off, I hope things are better today.
Angela - Sorry to hear about DHs job. Its nice that he has a few more weeks, but doesn't help the situation. I'll say a prayer that God helps you find the perfect job for him. Keep us posted.

Well, I need to go read the posts from last week. I feel a bit behind, but at least I'm moving! BBL

Katpo
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, dinner's over and I'm ready to settle down with some American Idols. The dishes can wait til morning before work and laundry is going right now. I made sauteed shrimp and broccoli, then fettuccini for Erin and whole wheat spaghetti for Judd. I had a little glass of Sierra Mist and 2-3 of the shrimp. I'm still just a little afraid of putting too much in my stomach. Tomorrow should be better.

It was nearly 80 today; quite a change from this time last week when it was 18.

What's everybody up to?

Tejas
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi All:

First, Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your family's troubles. We'll all send you prayers and best wishes that he won't be out of work for long.

Frouf, that is sad to hear about your brother and his wife. Hopefully, they can hold on to what attracted them to each other in the first place. If not, well, let's hope that if they part, they can do so with the minimum of hurt.

Paula and Kathy: I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't got a trouble in the world tonight, so I'll count my blessings.

Rhonda

coco99
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Well will try again.
I went and had a post. Submitted. And then said I wasnt logged in. and I was.
So dont know what happened.
So wont go and repost everything.
Just know that I am thinking of each of you.
Thanks for the WILL POWER DUST. I sure do need it.
Oh has anyone ever tried Stevia. It is a no calorie sweetner. It is pretty good. In fact I think I like it even a little better than Splenda.
I have tried it in anything I baked. Just hot tea or cereal.
Well wont post much. Just in case it dont go through again.
I hope everyone has had a great day.
coco

thingirlinside
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Good evening ladies, just want to say a quick hello and hope everyone is doing well. Have been pretty busy trying to keep the kiddies occupied, ds has no school this week so I have been setting up playdates and they both had dental check ups yesterday, thank goodness they both had no cavities.
Going to watch Idol.
BBL

ontarget
02-21-2007, 08:28 AM
hi there. sorry i was mia yesterday. i stayed at the archery center almost all day. i guess that's a good way to stay out of the kitchen, isn't it?

kathy, i know that bow.http://www.shootnhunt.com/catalog/JM/archery_supplies/bows/pse/2721963.html . i think it's a good choice for you. that's sad about cowtown bowmen's losing their range. that's happening a lot around the nation. i'm thinking austin archery club lost theirs, too, but i'm not sure. they had a $1 per year deal with the city. land is so expensive and theirs is in a prime location. i'll be surprised if they haven't lost it. sad. we lost ours up here about 10 years ago. now we have a good one on the outskirts of town. when you come up here, we'll take you there if you'd like.

i saw those strings, too. wish it were ours. we could use the $$$.

melissa, i'd call it a maintain, too. you are amazing, girl.

rhonda, congratulations on moving that scale. :goodscale: i'm glad you're getting some extra time at home this week.

frouf, thank you so much for being my :cheer: i appreciate it. i told someone at the shop yesterday that i thought i should be given extra points for practicing so much. i doubt any other 60 year old old girls practice any more than i do. wish i had more natural ability so i didn't have to work so hard. oh, well, it is fun.

i'm so sorry about your brother and his wife's troubles. i am glad they are going for counseling. i am also glad you did the exercise and got to feeling better.

:hug: angela. i am so sorry. it's good that you're being positive. dh's ego is probably taking a beating right now. we're here for you anytime you need to talk.

donna, how did wi go?

paula and kathy, i hope you're feeling better.

niki and kathy, i saw ai last night, too. that last guy is really really good, isn't he?

i'm getting hungry. guess i'll go read a little more then have some cheerios. vickie, i think of you when i'm having cheerios. they're my fav cereal, too.

TechAlum
02-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Well wi went as expected. I gained 1.2. I'm not sure what's going on. For some reason I just don't want to get below 230, I'll get really close then I'll have a couple of gains and then get close again.....It's pretty frustrating. I came home yesterday all ticked off (poor DH), had myself a good cry (again poor DH) then made a plan.

I'm going to buy a 4 week pass; track everything for all 7 days (I'm usually good for 4-5); do the best I can; exercise 5-6 days/week; and if I'm not below 230 at the end I'm going to take a break......

Anyway, sorry to vent. I'll check back later.

-Donna

Vickie
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Nothing going on exciting around here and, frankly, I'm happy about that. I'm just trying to keep a low profile after all those doctor appointments. I'm just trying to let my new BP medicine work for me.

I've got alot to get done today again. I have a repair man coming in and then maybe another errand or two. Jim had a sore muscle in his neck last night and then fell in the driveway this morning. He's pretty much out of commission so whatever we get done today will have to be done by me. I've got to get that computer packed up too.

Angela, I am SO sorry to hear your news about DH's job situation. I am very impressed with your faith and positive attitude. I'll say some prayers that DH finds something quickly. I know you'd never want to move but computer folks in the Chicagoland area are in high demand.

I watched a lot of TV last night and will be watching a lot more today. The DVR was 80% full and Honey Lamb has requested my attendance on the couch tonight. Have a great, onprogram day everyone.

Vickie
02-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Donna, are you exercising? Sometimes it helps me to break through a plateau. Also, WW tells us to shake up our food variety. Are you eating the same thing day after day? I understand being frustrated. I think you are probably at a mini-setpoint and just need to break through. I've been there and I understand those tears all too well. Hang in there!

Froufy
02-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Good morning chickies!

Warming up a bit and at least the sun is brightly shining which certainly helps! Gas prices are so high - and dare I even get a car wash? (all cars here are this filthy gray color due to snow/sleet/salt - you can't even read my license plate!). Need to find a warmish day so car doesn't freeze up after the car wash!

Last night went to my women's meeting - guest speaker Roslyn Franken - amazing woman - had cancer at 29 - beat it (now 41) was heavy all her life. Wrote a book (the a-list...) about 9 principles for weight loss and healthy living. She does 1 on 1 weight loss counselling and spoke to us about the 9 issues regarding any change we want to make in life - very interesting. Need to check out her website! (I did speak to her about my 'scale addict' tendencies and she did recommend only weighing once per week! I don't think I"m ready for that yet). She also agreed w/my theory that anyone who is 'chronically overweight' (like from childhood) needs to deal with the underlying cause of their problem - dieting/exercise will never work (permanently) unless they understand what their fears and issues are!

So after she spoke all the ladies were 'afraid' to even put a potato chip in their mouth (there was a bowl on the table) - let alone dig into the cakes/cookies spread after the meeting. (after she left - we all joked - okay pass the chips around now! too funny). I only had a decaf by the way :D Trying to stay focussed for tomorrow cruise challenge weigh in.

Paula - sorry to hear you were not well - sounds like you were on the mend - expecting an excelling WI tho!

Angela - sending good vibes to dh on his job hunt. I am hoping he will be able to find something suitable asap! Try and stay as destressed as possible altho I know it will be hard to do!

Coco - how are you managing? Love that Dr. Phil quote - have you started reading the book yet? Any baby step changes?

Kathy - how are you feeling today? Hope you had a good night's rest! Your turkey/wrap thing was making me very hungry the other day!

Vickie - poor Jim! I hope he is okay? but he has the best 'nurse' to take care of him!!

Donna - did you get the UFO's completed? :D Sorry about the disappoinment - I agree w/Vickie - sometimes doing something different will help! Hang in there - we are all here for you!

I am still feeling a bit sad - about everything - trying not to get too deep into a rut though. So much 'bad news' lately - and it's getting me down - I feel like one more snippet of bad news will just push me over the edge (I remember feeling like this after my mother died) and I will just cry and cry for days! I guess I an in grieving mode? (loss of SEVERAL co-workers, my brother's marriage falling apart, ex dh still not doing well, ...and then it gets worse and worse in my head). Need to snap out of it - find some good news and start feeling more positive (I actually returned the library book I was reading cuz it had episodes of violence again women/murders and I just felt that right now I could not handle that! - this is very weird for me!).

Having yogurt and coffee now at work.

Froufie

aghiowa
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Hey all...dh and I had a nice long talk last night. We shared some of our fears and talked about what we need to do next. It was nice to communicate and I feel a little better. I got to watch my 5 month old nephew for a little while this morning, and that was diverting. The girls had a blast all vying for his attention, and he was eating it up. :D

Someone mailed this to me this morning. I usually hate forward spam mail, but this one got me a bit...probably because it's about mothers. It's long, but neat to read, esp. if you've lost your mother.

Later,
Angela

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is
this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said: "Yes, and the way is hard.
And you will be old before you reach the end of it.. But
the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not
believe that anything could be better than these years. So she
played with her children, and gathered flowers for
them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and
the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried,
"Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was
dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother
drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said,
"Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and
the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary.
But at all times she said to the children," A little patience and we are there."
So the children climbed, and when they reached the top
they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

And the mother, when she lay down at night looked up
at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my
children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage.
Today, I 've given them strength."

And the next day came strange clouds which darkened
the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped
and stumbled, and the mother said: "Look up. Lift your eyes to the light.
" And the children looked and saw above the clouds
an everlasting glory, and it guided them beyond the
darkness. And that night the Mother said,
"This is the best day of all, for
I have shown my children God."

And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and
the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent.
But her children were tall and strong, and walked with
courage. And when the way was rough, they lifted her,
for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill,
and beyond they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And
mother said, "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end
is better than the beginning, for my children can
walk alone, and their children after them."

And the children said, "You will always walk with us,
Mother, even when you have gone through the gates."
And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates
closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her
but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She
is a living presence......."

Your Mother is always with you.... She's the whisper
of the leaves as you walk down the street; she's the smell of bleach
in your freshly laundered socks; she's the cool hand
on your brow when you're not well. Your Mother lives
inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop.
She's the place you came from, your first home; and
she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love
and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can
separate you.

Not time, not space... not even death!

Tejas
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi:

Donna, don't despair. You'll make it, one step at a time.

Funny that Frouf writes about being sad and Angela sends us a poem. This week are the birthdays of my deceased parents and next week (28th) is the first birthday for my sister after her recent death. I'm feeling it. Iwanted so much to be able to tell my sister about my new work responsibilities. I'll just trust that she "knows".

And, Frouf, I avoid violent books and movies. There is so much real violence, especially against women and children, that I just turn away from "consuming" any more of it in the media. Don't eat, consume, take in, anything that is bad for you, if you have any choice. (I had smoked salmon for lunch and thought about you. I'm sure the good vibes will be arriving any moment now!)

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi all. Very disappointed at wi today. After I was dressed, ready to go to work, I weighed myself at home -- as I usually do. My official WI usually is right around that, typically about a 1/2 pd less. So, this morning it was 178.5. I figured I should be down about 2 since my last wi was 180.6. Very happy. Well, wi comes, I happily get up on the scale, Karen says, ok, you lost 0.2, what the...... I asked if the scale is right, she weighs herself and says its the same as she was 1/2 hour before. Not happy. I did stay for the meeting, although I just was not into it at that point.

So, after thinking about this a bit today (ok, obsessing about this for the past 3 hours), I've decided the following -- I'll weigh myself again tomorrow morning, if its the same as it was today, I'm changing my tracker to the 178. There must have been something wrong with the scale today. I didn't have her re-weigh me, and I should have. UGH! I must say that I stayed in control with food since lunch - I could have easily thrown in the towel and had something other than my soup. But I was good.

Feeling better today than yesterday. I tried to call my Drs to make an appt for tomorrow or Friday, well, he is on vacation this week. The answering service was supposed to call me back with the back up doctor. That was a 9am this morning. So far, no call back. I'll try again tomorrow......worse case, if I still feel sick on Monday....

Angela, I love the poem. It reminds me alot of Psalm 28, which has deep meaning to me. When our son passed away, we asked our pastor to talk about this pslam as a psalm of hope - which is how I see it now. Ben will be gone 5 years on Monday. I'm glad you and your husband are communicating, I do believe God has a plan and will provide!

Frouf, sorry you are feeling down. Family issues can get the best of us, especially when there isn't much we can do to change things. On a happier note - how many more days till the cruise????? Not too many at all. The woman's meeting speaker sounds great, I love motivational speakers that truely motivate.

Well, off to catch up a bit more. BBL

Froufy
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the good vibes and excellent advice Rhonda - I do appreciate it (and yes I think I shall just have to have some smoked salmon for my dinner now - I do have some in the fridge!;) ).

Paula - just track your 'own' WI (on the side). Of course I way myself first think in the morning (nekkid:D) so you can bet my 'real/dr' weight will be much higher than that - hang in there - it will happen for you!

I hope your memories of your son will help you through the day!:hug:

Angela- that poem is amazing - I am sitting here w/tears in my eyes - it is so beautiful and very very true! Glad you and dh were able to talk and resolve some of your fears!

I also agree about avoiding 'violence' and bad news - I actually try NOT to watch the evening news cuz there is so much sadness and bloodshed it makes me want to cry. I sometimes wish I could fix it all!

Frouf:(

ontarget
02-21-2007, 04:29 PM
rhonda, thank you for the advice about watching negative shows. i need to keep to the positive. i know it. i just don't always do it.

rhonda, frouf, and angela, :grouphug: i'm sorry you're having to deal with sadness. i'm here for you any time you need me.

vickie, jim fell !!??!! i hope he isn't hurt. is he very sore? it's scarey how fast accidents can happen, isn't it?

donna, our ww leader says, "two steps forward; one step back will still get you there." sounds like you have a good plan.

paula, let us know what the scales say tomorrow. i'm sending you :;):

aghiowa
02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm going to have a very bad weigh-in today. I'm eating what I want, wearing what I want, and to heck with what the number says. I'm in a great frame of mind, huh? :lol:

The nice thing about being at Lifetime is that I only have to have that magic number once a month. But I need to whip myself back into shape soon, or I won't be able to do that. :D But for today, I don't care.

Vickie, I hope Jim isn't hurt too badly. Take good care of Honey Lamb! How are you feeling?

Frouf, I have had days like that...hugs to you. :)

Everyone else, let's keep wading through each day, and trying our best to be the best we can. :grouphug:

Angela

coco99
02-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Everyone
I have had such a bad eating day. It isnt funny. Anything I could get my hands on. Went into my mouth. And now I feel so sluggish. And sleep. And just bluh.

FROUFY What is the name of the book that Roselyn Franken wrote. Or her web site. Maybe I need to check this out. And no. I havent read anymore in Dr. Phils book. I really need too though. I have got to do something. I have no energy anymore. I dont want to do anything. Just sit around. And I could care less if I leave the house. I would just leave stay home.

VICKIE Hope your hubby is ok. How are you doing. Take care of yourself.

Thinking of everyone. Hope everyone has had a great day.
Well I am going to get off here. Need to check the rest of my e-mails.
Have a great evening everyone.
coco

Katpo
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Add me to the list of those who are dreading tomorrow morning's w/i. I know for a fact that I will be the same, so it's time to do something else for a little while. I am good at maintaining but want to be below 135 so I have some room to play with. That might sound petty to some, but it's important to me so I try not to worry about what anyone else says. However, I have a friend at work whose goal weight is my starting weight, so maybe I should be happy with where I am now.

Vickie, I can't believe Jim fell! Did he hurt anything? Was there ice on the ground? It's so true what someone said (someone up there ... can't remember who) that accidents happen so quickly, usually before there's time to act. I hope he isn't too sore tomorrow.

Angela, that is a very beautiful thing you posted. Sounds like you and DH have a good handle on things and working together, I know you'll be fine.

So, Rhonda, I agree with you and Frouf about the violence. I don't watch anything like that either. There's just no sense in it; it certainly isn't entertaining and doesn't add one positive thing to anyone's life.

Ten minutes til Idol and I'm ready. Erin went out for dinner and Judd's on his own. I'm going to guzzle some more water; I had plenty to eat during the day.

Check you all later.

Froufy
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Coco - here is the website: http://www.healthandweightlosscentral.com/thealist.htm Mostly advertising for the book - but look around (there are some recipes there too!). Tomorrow is a fresh new day - baby steps - meal by meal! You can do it!

Kathy - enjoy your 'Idol' watching - maybe I shall turn on the tv as well? don't worry about tomorrow morning (you know you can get a reprieve with a note from a parent! :D)

Vickie - how is Honey Lamb? Hope he is doing okay!

I was ravenous when I got home - had an early supper of SMOKED SALMON - so yummy! I drove dd to her dad's for the evening - stopped for gas on the way home - AND HAD A CAR WASH - yes this is a monumental event in winter in Canada. You need to choose carefully and wisely when you will have this done - one wrong decision and you will be 'frozen' out of your car as the water in the door seals will freeze solid! Not fun!

While it is not warm out - it's not too bad- and the lineup at the carwash door convinced me (obviously I am not a lunatic for making this decision). It was a long wait - but well worth it - now I don't have to worry about brushing against my filthy car with my black coat! Kept the heat running all the way home - hopefully nothing frozen! Problem of course is the clean car won't last long...sigh....

Got home at 7 pm, donned my workout clothes and danced around to my 30 min richard simmons tape - YIPPEE - Of course I really didn't feel like exercising but did force myself (considering tomorrow morning's wI for the challenge!). Drinking water now and hoping to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night! Have to go get dd later - might just stop for a coffee tho!

Tomorrow morning dd has dr appt - lots of complaining re back/neck pain and foot pain (related to dancing probably) - want to check it out to see if she needs massage or orthotics or physio?? So into work late - and then coincidentally leaving early for my dentist appt - so I can have extra clean and sparkling teeth!

Planning my mgr's farewell lunch party at work - this is still like a black cloud hanging over the office!

Froufie

coco99
02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
FROUFY Thanks for the info. Looked through the site some.
Am going to the mall on Friday. So may look at the bookstore there and see if they have the book.
The lady sounds motivating.
Again Thanks
coco

Tejas
02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi All:

I had a productive day at the union office. I can't remember if I said that we are moving to the suite next door while we renovate and expand our space. I packed 10 huge moving boxes from my office, and called it a day. I'm not going back there until Monday (unless they call me).

I also went to the dentist....two big tasks taken care of today.

I'm enjoying Frouf's description of car washes. The salt on the roads is so bad, and so bad for the environment. It just gets all over the car, along with the slush. Everything is greyish-white and awful. We need to go get ours done before it gets frigid again.

I went a little overboard tonight on dinner. I must have been feeling virtuous about going back to Pilates. Well, tomorrow is another day.

Vickie, you tell Honey Lamb that we're all rooting for him. I remember one day I was simply standing on the icey sidewalk, and ka-bam, flat on my back in no time. It is dangerous, as we all know.

Paula, hugs to you and your family about your son. As Frouf said, may your memories sustain you.

Have a good night, everyone.

Rhonda

Tejas
02-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Are all the chickies asleep in their roosts? I'm wide awake but at least I'm not fretting about anything. My body is sore from the Pilates workout and I think that woke me up.

I'm having some hot lf milk with vanilla and Splenda and headed back to bed :yawn:

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Good morning all. I'm happy to report my scale loves me! :) I weighed myself neked as usual, it was still at 176 and clothed it was 178 -- the same as it was yesterday. SO, I'm going with my scale. The WW scale will just have to catch up. I've updated my tickers and now I'm happy. The one interesting thing I did pick up from the meeting yesterday (as I sat there and pouted) was that my current walking routine may be enough to sustain where I'm at but not to lose. So, I'm going to look for 5pd wrist and ankel weights and start using those when I walk. Also, if the weather continues to improve and I get back to my usual healthy self, I'll will fit into my schedule a lunch time walk at least once per week. Heck, even when I'm home I have barely gotten out for walks these past few months (outside of dog walking at night!).

So, its a new day and a new attitude. On the health side, I feel so much better today, my throat is no longer sore -- a bit odd feeling but it doesn't hurt and my head is clearing. But, Sarah woke up with goop in her eye, complaining it hurt. She had some goo yesterday morning which I didn't think much of - but today its also a bit pink. Great - 4:15 we are off to the Drs. I debated on waiting it out or just going - my luck it would end up worse and I'd be taking her on Saturday. Then Sunday we are having her bday party -- she'll be 4 on Tuesday! Time goes by!

Thanks to you all for you thoughts on our son - its hard for me to mention him at times. I don't want people to be uncomfortable - losing a baby is not something people like to think about or know it can happen. KWIM? The poem just really moved me. And yes, we do have wonderful memories - thankfully he was mostly home with us and looking at him you wouldn't have know how sick he was.

I also need to get my car to a car wash - but when I think about doing it a new storm is predicted. Tonight and tomorrow morning we should be getting 3-6 inches, then another storm Monday. The good thing is that any snow we get now won't last long and my bulbs do need some of the snow cover to help brighten the colors. Spring is on its way!!!

Oh, did anyone realize day light savings is now early? Clocks turn back mid March rather than the beginng of April!! That will be nice -- it always makes me feel happier when its ligher later.

Off to post my menu.

septembersgoal
02-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi chickies! I miss you all!
Things are okay here, just overwhelmingly (is that a word?) busy. Between trying to figure out what's going on with our car (and trying to get the dealership to admit it was their fault), Pampered Chef, work, and church...it's a bit much. It seems like things always hit at the same time doesn't it?
I don't think I've even told you all that I've applied for a new job! I'm very hopeful. A friend of ours is very close to the organization (it's KY Organ Donor Affiliates) and has highly recommended me. She said if they didn't interview me she would be down there throwing a fit. :) So that's good news I guess. I can't wait to get out of this job...but you all know all about that.
I'm also excited because we are planning a vacation in May (also our 6th anniversary). We are going to rent a pet-friendly chalet in the Smoky Mountains, take our food and entertainment with us, and not leave for the whole week. No computer, no business...just relaxing. There is a hot tub and jacuzzi too. We are trying to decided between two cabins. One is a cozy, small one that is very secluded. The other one is much larger and gorgeous, but there are a couple of other cabins around it. We can't decide which one to rent! The smaller one is a 100 cheaper for the week, but it's still a hard decision. If anyone is interested in looking, the link is www.greatoutdoorrentals.com and the cabins are Catch a Fallin' Star and Mounain Hideaway.
I am still doing flex, I can't seem to get off of it now that I've started. This morning I had a delicious homemade bacon egg and cheese muffin (canadian bacon, rf cheese, egg, english muffin) that was 6 points. I usually skimp on breakfast but I've been so hungry lately I'm trying to do some different things and see what happens.
Well I guess I've rambled long enough. I do want to catch up with you all. For now I better get to work. I'm in charge of a Parenting group today. :crazy:
I hope that you all have beautiful core days! :grouphug:

TechAlum
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Morning All-

Well it's a new day. Did pretty well diet wise yesterday, but didn't exercise much. Just couldn't get my behind out the door. So I went for a walk with DH when he got home but we both wanted to get dinner started so it was a shorter one than usual.

Today I'm supposed to go to curves and then grocery shopping. Fajitas for dinner :D. One of my favorites I can't wait!!!

Vicki - Hope DH is feeling better, I hate falling, not only is it painful but I tend to beat myself up for not being more careful, which is worse. I do try to exercise, but I have a hard time in the winter, when I'm off work, it's so easy to just stay inside and say I'll go tomorrow. I'm working on being better.

Frouf - I know what you mean about car wash, I did mine on Monday it was so nice. Fortunately there was no line when I went in but when I was done it was out to the road :eek:. Didn't get those UFO's done but they're moving.

Paula - Hopefully the scales will match next time. Hope Sara's eye isn't serious. As I'm on the west end of the time zone, not to happy about moving the time change, it'll be sooooo dark in the mornings.

Sandra - my leader says the same thing - is it something they tell them to say? My problem is I seem to be 2 steps forward 2 steps back :(

Coco - :hug: Sometimes that's all we need.

September - Liked those rentals. I love that area, we rented and RV and went down there a couple of years ago.

Well I should get moving. Have a great OP (whatever your plan is) day everyone.

-Donna

Tejas
02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Morning All:

I slept in until after 10 AM. Thank goodness I don't have to go into the office today.

I awoke to a beautiful snowy scene. We have about 2 1/2 inches of the fluffy kind. I don't think it makes up for the bitter cold, but I do enjoy this.

Paula, I hope that none of us feels inhibited about posting about the loss of loved ones. Memories are so important in forming who we are, and sharing them should be a positive thing. It takes courage though at times.

Melissa, I know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I think I've spent a lot of my career feeling that I could never, ever catch up with the work. That is very unhealthy, and its no wonder that heart disease is the major killer that it is. You know all of the propoganda about (male) executives having heart attacks? It's not male executives who have the highest rate of heart attacks. It is people who are in work positions that give them little control over the decisions that affect their lives who have the highest rates. That might be most of us!

So, Melissa, I looked at the outdoor site...beautiful! Get a BIG cabin and we'll all come down! Send us the exact dates so we won't miss you!!

I'm having a late, late breakfast and taking the dogs for a romp in the new snow :snowglo:

BBL.

Rhonda

Froufy
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Morning chickies,

Finally at work after taking dd to dr - yes she probably needs orthotics - need to call another place now for yet another appointment! But first dd and dh had to have a big blowout fight with lots of screaming and yelling first thing in the morning - a very nice way to start the day (NOT!). Turns out she was using the laundry room (dryer) last night which is just outside our bedroom - after 10:30 pm!!! (rule in our house is no laundry after 10 pm due to noise issues). Dh already a light sleeper and generally sleep deprived went crazy - said he could not sleep - she would not turn it off - and the fight continued this morning (I did intervene) - So no internet for her for a couple of days and dh really needs to learn to handle himself better in these situations!

Rhonda - are your teeth sparkly clean and white? I also have a dentist appt this afternoon so leaving work early! Glad you had a nice sleep in! (I hope to do the same sat morning).

Melissa - good luck with the new job! Hope it all works out for you. Love the cabin idea (I still need to go and check them out tho!).

Paula - hope nothing serious w/Sara's eye - and I think checking it out sooner rather than later is a great idea! I still took a decongestant this morning as my stuff is still a bit stuffed up - what's up with that? Is this like a 2 week long cold?

As for daylight savings time - seems we Canadians - have to match our US neighbours :D so we shall also be moving our clocks back early this year - in fact this will happen on the last night of my cruise!!! We will lose another hour of sleep (like I won't be exhausted anyways?). Hopefully it won't be too confusing for all the passengers!

I did exercise last night - and I am supposed to again tonight - according to my 'schedule' - I hope to do some shopping after dentist - need to pick dd up at 6:30 from school and take her to dance class so won't be home til around 7:30 pm - I doubt I will feel like moving?

Almost lunchtime!

Froufie

P.S. GREAT NEWS - for some reason decided to check cruise price once again (many people on my cruise have gotten price reductions as price drops - except my category NEVER seemed to change - until today!). Noticed major price drop - so called Carnival and lo and behold I now have a $150US onboard credit - how amazing is that? I am thrilled about this - YIPPEE!!!

Tejas
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Very quiet afternoon on the boards!

I mostly did work from home, ran a few errands, and made the beef stew from WW cookbook. I left the potatoes out of it, and it was rather good.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda

coco99
02-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone
Oh where did all those stinkin lady bugs come from. They havent left all winter. Got 4 of them flying around the light right now. YUCK!!!!
Well not much happening here. Eating was bad again today.
But I am fasting tonight. Have to get some blood work done tomorrow. So maybe that will help. Hope so anyway.

FROUFY That is great you got a cheaper rate. Again thanks for the web site. Looks kinda interesting. May try and find The A list book tomorrow. But keep thinking ok. You have Dr Phil's book. Why dont you read it. Maybe it will help. But this lady sounds very interesting.

TECHALUM Thanks for the hugs. Need them. Did you go to Curves. Do you like Curves. I see it advertised. And there is one right across the street from where I go to WW. But have never checked them out. Just think. On the days I dont have to go to town. Do I really want to make a special trip. Hope you had a great day.

VICKIE How are you. How is hubby. Is he ok from his fall.

To everyone else. I hope you have had a great day.
Well I am going to get off here. Get ready and watch Grey's Antaomy. They are saying some one will die tonight. So dont know. will have to watch and see.
So everyone have a great evening.
Oh I am going to go and see about the Gazelle tomorrow. I just hope they have one. And I will be putting it on layaway. So will still be a little bit before I have it. but at least it is a step in the right direction. Lets hope anyway.
coco

Tejas
02-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Yoo hoo...anybody out there??

Vickie
02-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey Chicks. I just popped in to say hello. Sorry I'm SO out of touch. Jim is very sore but thankfully didn't break anything. He did fall on the side where he had his shoulder surgery. I'm watching him closely.

I was sicker than I have been in a long, long time on Wednesday night. I'm still not sure if it was food poisoning or the flu since I'm still not well. I'll spare you the gorey details but it was violent and all happening at the same time. I slept all day yesterday and another 8 hours last night. I'm feeling a bit hungry now so I'm going to try some toast and tea.

Hope you are all well. Sure glad I got my flu shot!

TechAlum
02-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Morning All -

Didn't make it out of the house yesterday so I didn't go to Curves :( Now I'll have to drag DH out on Sunday. I'm trying to convince him to join the city's gym, I suggested visiting on Sat pm, he seemed to think it was a good idea then I can :swim: and do wa with Sandra. They also have a :belly: class which might be fun.

Just got back from grocery shopping and now I'm off to Curves and then meeting my mom for lunch and a quilt show.

Frouf - Yea on the $$$ now you can take Ray to lunch and it won't cost extra :D.

Coco - I really enjoy Curves, it takes absolutely no thought whatsoever which is my type of exercise. It is hard to get there in the winter when it's the only reason I'm going out though.

Vicki - glad Jim's OK, and you're feeling better.

Well, I've gotta go. Have a great day everyone.

-Donna

Katpo
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm here, checking in every once in a while.

I've decided to take a break from the board. There are times when I don't really feel as though I belong here because my pitiful little 1-2 pound problem seems stupid to most everybody else. I hear the same old thing here at work ... "why are you eating (whatever healthy thing I might be eating at the time)? you don't need to lose anymore weight" and blah blah blah. I try to explain that it's not a situation where I can say "Whew! Glad that's over, now where's the Big Macs?" In order to maintain, I still have to eat just as I did while losing 40 pounds.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope you all stay well and continue to be successful in your individual endeavors. :hug:

(Frouf, enjoy that cruise!!!)

Froufy
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning chickies!

Cold and frosty Friday here - but sun is shining!

Vickie - you poor darling! Hope you are feeling better? What caused all of this? Glad to hear Honey Lamb did not suffer too much 'damage' and is basically okay!

Coco - good luck w/the blood tests - maybe the fasting will help keep you motivated for the rest of the day?

Donna - I was lazy last night - had a bit of a pigout and did NOT exercise. I am not proud of myself either. But it's a new day right? Have fun w/your Mom!

Paula - how is Sara doing? Everything ready for the party??

Kathy - DON'T BE RIDICULOUS? What would you think like this? It doesn't matter to me anyways how much anyone has to lose? We are all here to support and inspire each other - I for one would like you to continue posting - I don't know why you feel you don't belong???

Sickness in my house (and at work) and I am deathly afraid of catching something. Actually can anyone tell me is it a bad thing that when I blow my nose my ears pop and make noise? This is not USUAL for me and I am a bit concerned esp as I am FLYING next Friday (have flown w/fluid in my ear and it wasn't pretty!). Wonder if I should still keep taking decongestants this week? (I am so tired of all of this!). DD very sick - completely plugged up and home from school today.

I am leaving early anyways as it is International Day at little ds' school - lots of fun, different foods from different cultures and ds will be doing an aikido presentation w/his class - should be fun. Then off for my 6:30 pm FACIAL APPOINTMENT!!! So excited! ...and tomorrow hairdresser and HIGHLIGHTS! YIPPEE.

Also cleaning lady at my place today so I am so looking forward to a sparkling home (for a least a few hours anyway!).

Have to go to bank and get some US cash - hope the exchange rate isn't too painful?

Later,

Frouf

busdriver
02-23-2007, 12:25 PM
What makes you think you not wanted or needed. A word or a sentence from you has helped me many a time. I wish I was in your situation , maintaing. The fact that you got there gives me and others hope that we can do it too. Don't be a quitter.

Tejas
02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi All:

Kathy, your one pound or two or three or...isn't perceived by me as "stupid." And, your humor and wisdom are both appreciated, no matter what your food, exercise and weight issues are or aren't.

Vickie, I'm voting for food poisioning given your description. But, a 24 hour virus can do the same thing, of course. Honestly, we are just an experiment being run by the viruses! ;)

I think I'm turning a corner on both food and exercise. It all seems easier now. I'm blaming the weather for the struggle.

Froufie, I wanna go, I wanna go.

DH is in the kitchen plotting out our plans to get a new floor, a new stove and new cabinets. I'm not doing a total renovation, but making some much needed changes and getting rid of the stove I was moaning about over the holidays. It's fun now, but I'm sure I'll whine while the work is being done.

Have a good OP day everyone. I'm going for a haircut. That and getting my teeth cleaned yesterday is all the maintenance for the week.

Rhonda

thingirlinside
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi ladies just checking in to say hi, have been busy so haven't been posting much. I will go post my weightloss which was not much this week due to TOM. Will try to bbl.

Katpo
02-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, I came back to send Sandra a message and saw your posts. I honestly didn't think anyone could care one way or another.

Now busdriver (Ruth) ... you got to me. I have enjoyed our PMs in the past and I see that dragged you out of lurkdom.

I do feel like that, though. Maybe it's me, maybe I've gone mental. I feel uncomfortable talking about losing a pound or two when others are looking at more. Maybe it's because I hear it for 10 hours a day from people who disregard any of my issues because they think I'm now "anorexic". Um, yeah. Don't think so.

I think I'll remove my tracker and stats and just talk. No more reporting the scale, no more talking about me losing or not losing or whatever.

Vickie, it sounds like what I had. No need to get graphic with me; I can close my eyes and remember Monday/Tuesday very well. I was as weak as a kitten, as my mom would say, and both the attic and basement were overflowing. Got it? I don't know if it was a bug or flu (I also had a shot) or food poisoning but whatever it was, I didn't like it. I hope you are over it soon.

You, too, Frouf. You do NOT need to be sick while flying. My mom flew with an ear infection in 1978 and still has problems for it ... 29 years later! It was unavoidable as my sister and her family had been in a fire, so she and I flew up to Detroit to pick up the kids while my sister was in the hospital for the next two months. That is a whole story in itself.

Judd has pneumonia. He's been sick for three weeks and went to the doctor again this morning.

I'm going to start cleaning this pigsty of a house before the health department swoops in and shuts us down.

Sandra, what I originally wanted to say was that I went to Ken Witt's and he was closed. The sign said Tuesday-Friday; it was 1:20. I didn't have his number and couldn't find it anywhere on the sign(s), so I just left. I guess I'll try again tomorrow but I did see where he's an authorized PSE distributor so I'm hoping he has the Buckeye in a 25#. If not, I'll draw on whatever 25#'s he has to get a feel for it, then order online.

What a book.

blessedwithsarah
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello all. Well, Sarah does have conjunctivitis - luckily we caught it very early. I'm so glad I decided to take her yesterday. But, has anyone ever tried to put eye drops in a 4 year old? Angela? Well, we held her down while she was screaming to do the first drops. Not fun, then I decided to just wait until she was asleep. That went well at 9pm. But around 11 she was having a bad dream - I'm convinced we traumatized her when we did the drops the first time. I attempted to do drops again at 3:30am - got one eye and she would not take her hand off the other, yes, she was still asleep. Tried that eye again at 5am - not sure if it worked or not. So, tonight we'll try it again. The Dr did say it should clear very quickly.

Tomorrow I have to get things ready for her bday party on Sunday. Its just family but I haven't really planned much. I'm getting a sitter for tomorrow night so we can get her a present. Thats about it from me -- food wise I'm doing well.

Kathy - please stay. I have been fighting 5 pds for 1 1/2 years. You have lost and maintaining is very difficult. What I love about this board is that there are members at all different stages.

Frouf - stay away from those germs! keep a bottle of the hand sanitizer around and keep using it.

Vickie - glad to hear you are both feeling a bit better. Snuggle down for the weekend and keep resting!

Got to run. BBL

aghiowa
02-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Vickie, we had a virus just like you're describing rip it's way through our house a few weeks ago. It's nasty, it's violent, and it hits fast and hard. My sympathies, whatever it was. :hug:

Kathy, I was never bothered by you talking about your small amount to lose. Like everyone else here, I like seeing the varied struggles we all have with weight. Please keep posting.

We're looking at a major ice storm moving into the area tonight. It's already started. I'm glad I don't have anywhere to go, but my brother is trying to drive home from Utah today...hope he'll be OK.

Dh (through me) has applied online to several companies in the area. I'm really hoping he can find something before his current employment runs out, but if not, I'm researching ways to save as much $$ as we can, like state-assisted healthcare for the kids, and reduced/free lunches at school. I figure, those programs are there to help people get by on reduced/no income. We will fit into that category, so I won't be too proud to use them if we have to.

Paula, I have tried eyedrops on my kiddos before. It's definitely a wrestling match. One trick I have learned is to have them keep their eyes closed while they're laying on their backs, put the drop in the corner of their eye, and then have them blink several times. The drops still get in there, but it's not as much of a shock as if you drop it straight into the eye. I have to do this actually. My eyes are very twitchy.

Well, time to do the dishes again, and get some dinner started.

Later,
Angela

ontarget
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
kathy, what's up, friend? you sound like you're needing us. i know we definitely need you. no more of this, "i don't belong" stuff. you do belong. arlington archery world is ken's place. the state indoor championship is this weekend down at temple. he might be down there already setting up a booth or something. here's his phone # 817-478-5990.

i had a meltdown wednesday night and have been sort of withdrawn since. i'm feeling more like my old self now. poor curtis. he was a battering ram for sure.

vickie, i hope you're feeling better. i'm glad you got that flu shot, too. just think how bad things could have been.

we're having the grands over tomorrow. i'm taking them to a prom fashion show at the local mall. should be fun.

angela, you're right. the money's there to help. use it proudly.

Katpo
02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Sandra, I finally called and got a message saying "we're closed because we're on vacation." Judd thinks we might go to Weatherford tomorrow. I'm sorry you had a meltdown but it sounds like you are better now.

Now the doctor says it's not pneumonia. He had a bad cold, wheezes, chest hurts, coughs like crazy. At least he got some cough medicine and another antibiotic.

I'll be back later.

coco99
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Just checking in.
Well had got my blood work done. Should get the results in a couple of weeks.
Eating was better today. Compared to what it has been. So that was good.

KATPO PLEASE dont stop posting. You and the other ladies on here is what is keeping me going. You are motivating. And that is what we are here for. To support each other. Yes some dont have as much to lose. But we all have weight to lose. And it is the same for someone who has 20 lbs to lose. As it is someone with 100 lbs to lose. It is a day to day struggle no matter how much we have to lose. And you show that it is possible to get to goal. And to maintain. That helps me. Knowing that getting to goal is possible. And that I am not in this alone. So keep posting. I need you. We all need you.

FROUFY How are you today. Well while at the Mall. I went to the bookstore. The girl there thought I was crazy. Said she couldnt find any books by Roselyn Franken. Ask if I was sure about the name. I had everything wrote down. Name of book and the ladies name. The girl said she couldnt help me. Said may just have to order it of the internet. so will try a different bookstore and see if they have it or can get it.

VICKIE Hope you and hubby are doing better. Thinking of you.

ONTARGET Enjoy the grands.

HI to everyone else.
Oh I did put my Gazelle on layaway today. Didnt think they had any left. But found the last one. So in about a month I will get to pick it up. Cant wait.
I hope everyone has had a great day.
coco

ontarget
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
kathy, david (david's outdoors in weatherford)'s wife is a ww lifetimer. she's really nice. i hope you get to meet her. tell her i said, "hello." and ask her if she's made the brownies yet. i'm glad judd doesn't have pneumonia.

coco, let us know how you like the gazelle.

did i tell ya'll i went to ww this am? i was down another pound. was i shocked or what!

coco99
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
ONTARGET I wont get my gazelle for about a month. Because I put it on layaway.
They had two there. The one I got. It was on sale for $89.00. The other one was on sale for $242.00. So dont know what the difference is. The one more expensive one said it had a video with it. The one I got dont. But figured try the cheaper one. And if I like it. Can always upgrade.
Well am going to get off here. Going to go dig you the heating pad. My lower back into the front. Just around where my pant fit. Its hurting like heck. It hurt to turn and certain ways I sit. Took a couple of motrin. And thought of the old heating pad.
Have a great evening.
coco

Vickie
02-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Angela, I was SO glad to see your post. I've been thinking of you, DH and the girls. You are such a strong woman and I'm very proud to "know" you. You have the right attitude about this situation. Take advantage of all that's out there to help you while you help DH look for a new job situation for him.

Paula, I put a drop in each of my eyes every night to treat pre-Glaucoma. Now I'm not a 4 year old (but sometimes I act like one) but I hate stuff in my eyes. My eye specialist taught me to pull down on my lower eyelid and make a pouch and just drop the eye drop down into the pouch. It is just as effective and you don't have to have the drama of seeing the drop come down and you don't have to be pinned down. You just keep your head straight up! Hope that helps.

Kathy, my friend, after all our struggles you'd leave us?! We each have something very valuable to offer this board. I need to know that goal can be reached and that maintenance is possible. You and Angela have taught me that it is possible but also that weightloss and lifetime status isn't something that we achieve and then declare ourselves cured. If you are allowing me a vote, I vote you stay.

Ok Chicks...that's about all I've got left in me tonight. The rest of you know that I'm crazy about you and that I promise I'll be back to my crazy posting self soon. I ate a bit of food today and managed to stay awake most of the day. I made a list and Jim went to the store since we are supposed to get Angela's ice storm when it is done with her. Saturday and Sunday are sounding like days we should stay home.

I'm kinda sad tonight. Just missing Cindy. I know you all understand. Be well.

Katpo
02-23-2007, 09:13 PM
We called Cabela's and they carry PSE ... plus they have the Buckeye in 25#. We're going out tomorrow to look at it.

I added up all my expired coupons tonight -- the ones I am sending to the overseas Air Force base. This is about six weeks' worth, and I had 2,024 coupons for a total worth of $2062.80. Base exchange shoppers can redeem coupons up to six months past the expiration date so I hope they find lots that they can use.

Judd bought tires from ebay for his truck, and tonight we took them to NTB to have them put on. They didn't get finished by closing time so we'll pick it up tomorrow, go to Cabelas to buy the bow (hopefully), then out to the gun club because he needs to shoot his dad's gun. It's a new one and they shot it today but it was messing up. Judd did some research and found that his dad had assembled part of it wrong, so it should work now. I'll play with the new bow while he's at the shotgun range.

For Lent we have decided on giving up meat. We'll eat fish but that's all. No beef, chicken, pork, turkey ... nothing like that. I guess for the next 40 days it'll be beans and rice, fish and vegetables, and other whole grains like WhWh pasta, bread and natural peanut butter. We'll see how that goes. It will truly be a sacrifice, which is the point of it all anyway.

Katpo
02-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Vickie, it took me so long to type my post because I'm pausing to look at Trading Spouses (yes, I'm a junky) so I didn't see your post until after I posted my first one.

We're expecting rain, hail and high winds tonight. At least Judd's truck will be parked inside the tire shop, but Erin's car will be outside. We're selling the big flatbed trailer because we now only have one motorcycle. We originally bought it when I bought the Yamaha, so we could haul both mine and his somewhere. Sold the Yamaha, waited a year, then bought the Honda. Of course we all know that 10 days after buying the Honda, I had my big accident so finally we sold it. Now the trailer is of no use since I have no plans of buying another motorcycle. That should free up another spot in the garage.

I think I'm rambling. Maybe waking up at 4:00 this morning wasn't such a good idea after all.

Vickie, Cindy is with you.

p.a.
02-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Evening chicks,
Thought I would pop in to see how everyone is doing. First of all Kathy you are not allowed to quit the board..we wont let you! I probably have the most to lose out of everyone on here and if your goal dosnt bother me..it shouldnt bother anyone else! :hug: If it bothers them , then maybe THEY are on the wrong board. IMHO we try to encourage everyone here. An alcoholic dosnt stop being an alcoholic when they stop drinking. Its with them forever. When you lose weight your battle dosnt stop when you are at goal...its with you forever.
Angela, I feel for you,,,,dh and I went thru the same thing a year ago. Its very tough,,, I felt I had to be strong for him and couldnt show him how devastated I was. I know now that wasnt right,,, I know you and your family will get thru this..you are strong and you have alot of faith. :hug:
Vickie, this whole year will be tough on you. You inspire everyone who comes here..you are like our own personal cheerleader! You were the first person who talked to me when I started Core on here and kept giving me words of encouragment. Now its your turn to lean on us during this difficult time for you. :hug:
Coco I hope you like your new gazelle,,,I wish we were closer I gave mine away!
Sandra, down a pound! look at you:carrot:
Rhonda have fun renovating your kitchen..sounds like fun to me
Blessedwithsarah, oh pink eye is sooooo contaigious! wash your hands lots. My dds got that every year I swear.
Frouf i would keep taking the decongestants...sounds like you have an ear/sinus infection.
Ok im off here for the night...didnt get my exercise in today..no excuses for it either. I just was lazy. I may do it twice tomorrow cuz i feel guilty!
have a great weekend everyone......

Vickie
02-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks. I'm up and feeling hungry which is a great sign. I'm going to take it real easy though after not eating much for a couple of days. I'm not going to worry about Core though.

Patti, I've probably got 130 pounds to lose. You don't have more than that, do you?

I'm planning Core dinners for today and tomorrow to help Honey Lamb stay on his quest to lower his blood sugar. Core is good for that as long as I don't let him eat too many carbs.

Have a great day and pray our power stays on for the next two days while the ice/thunder storms come through.

p.a.
02-24-2007, 10:12 AM
yup i do vickie

Vickie
02-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, Patti, I'm happy to have the company!

Wow....everyone is busy on their Saturday. I guess you can tell I'm retired since the weekend days are the ones where I stay in to stay out of the way of the folks who work all week and need to be in the stores on the weekend.

I just marinated the Core Lemon Chicken for us for dinner. I'm still not sure if I can eat it or not. I don't have to decide for hours yet. Right now I'm trying to decide what would feel good in my tummy for lunch. I may wait a bit and then have some farina.

Hope you are all well. I'll check in later. No bad weather here yet

TechAlum
02-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Good Afternoon All,

I was just typing a long reply and the computer locked up :mad: DH came down and fiddled with it said it was the ad script that he thinks messed it up. But anyway I lost everything....we had to reboot. Lets hope it works better this time.

Kathy - Ditto on what everyone else said. Please hang around, the best part about this board is different people at different stages. Also did you ever get the dog booties, and do they where them????

Frouf - You must be in countdown mode for sure. Only 5 days right....

Angela - That's what the money's there for, and keep hanging in there you'll make it....

Paula - Sorry about the pinkeye. Kind of funny though it was a question on 1vs100 last night and then you mentioned it....coincidences are funny. Have fun shopping tonight and at the b-day party tomorrow.

Vicki - Glad you're feeling better. :)

Coco - have fun on the gazelle when you get it. You sound in a more chipper mood.

Patti - we all need lazy days sometimes, just don't let it spread to lazy weeks.

Sandra - Yea on the pound :D. I think dealing with meltdowns in the husband handbook, not that they enjoy it I'm sure.

Those storms are all headed this way. Went mall walking with my parents and sister this morning, they're a little nervous because the folks are headed to AZ on Monday and the storms supposed to be at it's worst on Sunday night. And my BIL is headed to Chicago for a job on Sunday night.....Hopefully all will be well.

Well, I should go make lunch. Haven't been doing core this week, but I have been staying fairly op. Hopefully next week will be better.

Have a great afternoon all.

-Donna

Vickie
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Grrrrr....I'm fighting with Charter One online banking today. They made some security changes and decided not to worry about compatibility with AOL's browser. The told me to use IE or Netscape Navigator. Yeah...but too bad I don't have any security on those browsers. My security is all through AOL and they are telling me to use the other two browsers to log in because they have a secure site. Yeah...but my connection won't be secure. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.....they don't care. I need a new bank. Off to search!

Tejas
02-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi:

I, too, have enough flexibility that I don't have to shop on Saturdays but here I go!

Off to Home Depot to buy wallpaper (will this project ever end??).

I'm going out tonight with the Pilates group to celebrate the teacher's birthday. I'll be good!! ;)

Hope the day is good for and to everyone. We are having the perfect winter day...lots of sun, no wind and above freezing temperature.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
oco, have you tried the therma care heat wraps? i got mine at walmart. they pill and stick and last for 8 hours. i use them on my lower back and sometimes on my shoulder.

vickie, i understand your sadness. hang in there.

kathy, i'm anxious to see how you like your new bow.

patti, i wanted to tell you that i just ordered a lot of perennial plants from jackson&perkins. and--i ordered oodles of flower seeds from parkseeds. your photos inspired me to plant some color in with my roses. curtis is going to build some cute little birdhouses. he's going to pattern them off http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10053&catalogId=10005&pageSelected=1&identifier=JSC90&category=JSC90&subcategory=JPC7&viewAll=N

donna, i think i should have had that meltdown sooner. i had it the night before our 8th anniversary last week. we've been on a honeymoon since.

rhonda, enjoy your evening. you'll be good no matter what you eat. just keep up with the points. (but you know that already)

Vickie
02-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Sandra, I just realized you already met your April 2nd goal! I am SO proud of you. You really made up your mind, didn't you?

ontarget
02-24-2007, 02:24 PM
thank you, vickie, but i'm really not there yet. i probably didn't word my goal right. what i meant to say is that i'm hoping to hold my weight to or below 165 through all the traveling, stress, competing we'll be doing prior to april 2.

gosh! this sounds confusing, doesn't it?

p.a.
02-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Not confusing at all Sandra,,,I want to see pictures of your garden this summer and those birdhouses are sooo cute! I may have to show Dh them haha
Donna you are so right,,,,this morning I got my walk in before noon. No more lazy days.
Vickie I do my banking using IE ,,does that mean my information isnt secure?

Katpo
02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Sandra, those birdhouses are terminally cute! I just LOVE them! I saw a model home one time and in the front yard, they had all sorts of bird houses on varying height poles. It was charming!

As for the bow. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! OMG, I shot it in the store and just had the best time! I was using their arrows while they cut mine down. I hope they did it right but these seem so short! I drew the bow while they measured, then they cut them. They are very weird looking -- 22-1/2" long (before the point) but they said that was what I needed. I'm sure as my draw increases I'll outgrow them and will have to buy more. I got Carbon Express Thunderstorm. We're going to the range tomorrow and I just can't wait!

We went to Fort Worth to pick up FIL's new shotgun so Judd could take it out tomorrow and do something with it. Then we had lunch with his parents at Joe's Crab Shack. I plan on taking my gun out tomorrow but probably won't even shoot it since I plan on sticking with the bow the whole time. I don't want to shoot the gun for 5 minutes and then still have to clean it when we get home.

Time to take a bath and get settled in for the evening. I'm tired but will be back in a little while to catch up on everything. I just wanted to give the bow report.

Vickie
02-24-2007, 06:10 PM
No, Patti. I think you're fine as long as you have some firewall or other virus protection. I get all my protection from AOL. So if I can't access my bank using the AOL system then I have no protection.

The ice storm is here. I'm SO scared that we will lose power.

Katpo
02-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh and Patti, if you don't have AOL and use their browser, but instead use IE or Navigator or Firefox, you should be secure.

I hit submit and then saw Vickie's answer.

Vickie, stay safe! We are having warm temperatures but HORRIBLE wind. It is around 50-55 mph right now. All the windows are rattling, everything's blowing around outside, and it is pretty noisy and scary. I don't like this.

aghiowa
02-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Holy weather Batman! We are in the middle of a Blizzard warning right now. Everything is coated in about 1/3" of ice, and the trees and power lines are sagging pretty alarmingly. We already have some branches down. Plus, tonight it's supposed to turn to snow. We will get maybe 8" of snow on top of this ice mess, and with the 45 mph winds, visibility will be pretty much 0. Good thing we're all tucked safely at home with enough foood. :)

My sister, who lives 1/2 hour south of here already has her power out. My lights are flickering, but we still have power as of now. If/when it goes out, I guess we'll hunker down together and make the best of it. Last time we had an outage, it was for 3 days. We had a tornado on my due date with my youngest dd. Luckily, I went overdue. We got power back, I went into early labor, but I still made dh take me to the grocery store so we could have some food in the house for after the baby was born. Since it happened in July, all the food in our freezer was either eaten or spoiled.

Well, I'd better send this,since the lights are dimming more and more frequently. If you don't hear from me for a few days, maybe this is why! :D

Be safe everyone, and stay warm.

Angela

Vickie
02-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh, Angela....stay safe!

Kath, winds like that are scary. Stay away from those rattling windows!

coco99
02-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Evening Everyone
Hope everyone is ok. sounds as if there is some bad weather out there.
We are suppose to be getting some rain/freezing raink/snow/rain. Said we could get up to .25 of ice. It is suppose to start sometime after midnight into tomorrow morn. Told Hubby and son. Depends on the weather if we go to church or not. I dont like the ice. I can handle the snow better. But when you are on the ice. You dont have any control. so we got kerosene for the heaters. So if the power goes out. And milk. so we are all set.
Back is starting to feel better tonight. Not sure what was going on. But I do know it sure hurt.

VICKIE Thinking of you. Just remember Cindy is always with you.

KATPO Glad you got your bow. And be safe with the rattling windows. I dont like it when the wind blows like that.

Well I am going to get off here for now. May check in later.
So everyone be safe. Thinking of all of you.
coco

ontarget
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
wow!! what horrible weather some of ya'll are having. curtis and i were talking the other day about how bad it could get here if our electricity ever went out. or our heater!!

right now, the girls are here spending the night. we had a great time at the mall. (i had a blizzard at dq) confession's good for the soul, isn' t it? i'm back op tomorrow. bry called earlier. he's getting excited about salt lake. he asked me, "now when are we leaving?" i said, "thursday." he said, "4 days!!!" he's coming over tomorrow for curtis to work on his bow. i think he's starting to get a little nervous and needs some coaching doses.

kathy, i'm sooooooooooo happy you got your new bow and that you're loving it. you will outgrow those arrows, but don't worry about it. "there's more at the store." is it going to be windy when you're shooting tomorrow? i hope not.

vickie, ice! we got into ice yesterday when we went to see where the girls are moving. what a scarey adventure that was!! (shayla (9) is here reading out loud everything i'm typing. she's having fun being very exclamatory with all the exclamation points.

patti, curtis is going to make birdhouses and not birdfeeders. i was hoping for a feeder or two, but he said we'd be battling squirrels too much.

angela, i hope you keep your power.

coco, be careful.

Tejas
02-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh my, Kathy and Sandra, you're gonna make all the others think we Texans are a crazy lot! Guns and bows and arrows!! I promise, everyone, the closest I ever got was being the Sweetheart of the Archery Club in high school. I can shoot a gun though (oops, there I go acting like a Texan!).

I had fun at the Pilates teacher's party. She taught us a salsa dance since she can't help but be our teacher!

The weather up here is as calm as it can be. I better check the forecast. It can't be good if that stuff is blowing up from Texas and Iowa.

Good night everyone. See you in the morning. Angela and Coco, I hope you don't get snowed under.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-25-2007, 12:22 AM
rhonda, you're a hoot. i'm still :lol:

Vickie
02-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, I'm off to bed. We still have power but are getting slammed with ice/rain mixture.

I ate regular food and I think it was too much for my tummy. I sure hope I'm not back here later looking for someone to talk to!

Vickie
02-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I didn't sleep great but we still have power. I think there's another wave of storm yet to come but so far so good.

Angela and Kathy....please report in.

BTW, I am still sick to my stomach. It will not be hard for me to stick to program today.

aghiowa
02-25-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm here...we lost power for just a few seconds last night, but all was well. It was just long enough to reset the clock radio and turn all the computers off. :lol:

Vickie, when I had my stomach bug a few weeks ago, it took me many days to feel back to normal. That was when I managed to make it to Lifetime again. Ha ha.

Unfortunately now, I have no such trouble eating, and since it was dh's birthday this week, we have tons of bad stuff around. I really need to whip myself into shape. I think I'll start with shoveling the driveway here. :D Church was cancelled, so I will have plenty of free time today.

Hope everyone else "weathered" the storm (ha ha) well.

Angela

Katpo
02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
The wind finally slowed down but it's all they can talk about on TV. Half the flights out of DFW were cancelled due to the skies. I have lived in Texas for every single one of my 50 years and have NEVER seen anything like this. It was like very, very dense fog but it was grainy and brown. Judd said "so this is what Iraq looks like, huh?"

Angela, I'm glad you came thru the night okay. I was watching on the news about your weather. Sounds like you've got some good exercise planned with that shovel!!

Rhonda, you made me laugh too! Yep, we're rough women down here. Although I was the only woman in the archery department yesterday, I'd say that in the gun department, it was about 20% women. Same thing at the gun club. I'm just glad that I won't feel out of place there since I won't be the only one. And sure enough, when Judd and his two friends and his dad and I go, it's still 20% female! :lol:

I'm sorry your tummy hurts again, Vickie. Do you have anything to take or is it one of those "wait it out" situations? All I found to take was Pepto and that really didn't help with much except the nausea. I sure don't want to repeat that and hope you feel better later on today.

Vickie
02-25-2007, 09:42 AM
You are good girls for checking in quickly. You had to know your Chickie friends would be worried about you. I'm glad neither of you had any damage. Kathy, wind sure is scary, isn't it?

Thanks, Kath and Angela, for the tummy advice. It's milder than it was before. I'm just going to have to take it easy and mild for as long as it takes.

Katpo
02-25-2007, 10:58 AM
There were a few houses near here that had their roofs peeled off. It looked pretty bad.

I found my camera yesterday, changed the batteries and was just now looking around for something to test it with. I spotted Bridge, all squashed into Precious' bed. It's pretty funny.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/8257185/233334062.jpg

And then I realize that the pillow on the loveseat is unzipped and I need to dust. Oh, well! :lol:

I guess you can see that we're overrun with animal stuff. There's Precious' stairs so she can get on the loveseat. Otherwise she stands there and cries until you pick her up. Everything from there is arranged so that she can jump from the loveseat to the couch to the chair. Bridge has a cube but Precious is usually in it. Zuki has a tent (between the cube and big bed but you can't see it) except that Bridge gets in it more than any of them. And Bindy has a nice big bed but Precious is the only one who sits on it. Sigh ... it's musical dogbeds here.

Katpo
02-25-2007, 11:09 AM
This is what the storm looked like yesterday. Pretty gross, huh?

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/8702393/233336617.jpg

Froufy
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Okay - hoping all the bad weather is gone and all chickies are safe and sound!

Vickie - keep me posted on any bad weather expected in Chicago area around Friday! Hoping all planes/airports open and clear for my flights!

Yes - still taking some decongestants - getting a teeny bit better - no infection - but lots of nose blowing still!

Paula - good thing you got Sarah's eye looked into early - I also agree w/Angela - we do the 'lie on your back w/eyes closed' - but drop in corner then you just ask them to open their eye! Good luck - I know what you are dealing with and it's not fun!

Kathy - sounds like you are on your way w/the archery thing - good for you - and I think you might be able to get some FABULOUS advice here on this board! (another reason why you can't leave! :D).

Coco - can you order the book off the website? If not - try amazon maybe?

So Friday afternoon went to International Day at ds' school where I indulged in some goodies - off to my facial - then started not feeling so good - probably something I ate? I had this fantastic hummous w/extra virgin olive oil (from Palenstine) drizzled on top - and I think too much oil does not agree w/froufs! Came home feeling blah - went to bed early and not too bad in the morning.

Yesterday was the CRUISE HAIR event - the works - including highlights - of course today I am looking in the mirror and thinking they look weird? too yellow? (don't I always complain?) - need to get input from some very honest friend! (too bad Andrea away from work for 3 weeks!) - wonder if I need a toner? Will wait a few days so I can get used to it!

As for my cruise shirt - yes still problems - the place that said they would do it would not do it if not on THEIR shirts. Found another place in a nearby mall and we are off their shortly w/shirt and designs in tow - hopefully this will be it and I can stop stressing about it.

My closet has been emptied - clothes are either in suitcase, in the laundry or on the ironing board (for dh to iron for me of course :D). I swear my suitcase already looks full with around 5 t-shirts, some camisoles, beachbags and a pair of shorts in there! I am trying to remain calm - may have to repack to get everything in - keeping fingers and toes crossed.

We were at a 'band' party last night and I pigged out - it was the 2 glasses of red wine that made me lose all my 'dieting' inhibitions (yes I am a cheap drunk :D).....had some lovely cheddar and brie and veggies and dip and 3 mini brownies! - bad froufie - I'm sure I'll be paying for it the rest of the week.

Hoping to exercise tonight tho and tomorrow and ....

Later,

Frouf

Vickie
02-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Frouf, so far the weather here on Friday is supposed to be the best we've had in a while; 37 and sunny. Fingers crossed. Don't sweat the meltdown, just get on that exercise equipment!

Katpo
02-25-2007, 03:37 PM
We just got home from some shooting. I did arrows for about an hour, then we went on to the gun range. I was going to stay down in archery but Judd needed someone to pull for him. Well as it turns out, they were having a tournament and he couldn't do skeet or trap anyway, so we went over to a pattern target area so he could test his dad's new gun. It was jamming the other day and they found out that something was put together backward, so they fixed it and it works now. Judd wanted me to shoot it to see what I thought. Here's what I thought: no thanks. :lol: I'll stick with my 20 gauge and let them have the 12s. FIL's is a semi-automatic Baretta 12 gauge and it kicked hard (so I thought). Then Judd said okay, try mine out (he has a Remington just like my 20 but in a 12). Said it didn't kick as much. Well, :nono: he was plenty wrong. I barely got thru the second shot and handed it back. Now my left shoulder and forearm are a little sore from the bow, and my right shoulder is sore from the gun. I'm a bad bruiser since I take the daily aspirin so I always look pretty beat up after shooting. Even a little tap will leave a bruise. Anyway, I came home and swept, washed a blanket, and am sitting down for a while.

The only other things I'm doing today is dusting and vacuuming the family room. I'm tired of looking at it. Oh and cleaning off the hearth. Looks like fireplace season is over here.

The beans are made for dinner so I only have to make the rice. I'm also making some bread later on; one to keep and one to take to work tomorrow.

Judd sold our flatbed trailer today because we had originally bought it when I got my first motorcycle in 2003. Since we don't need it anymore, we might as well free up some space since it takes up an entire garage bay. The guy will be over in a little while to pick it up.

You can always tell when I'm tired because I start rambling. :lol:

Frouf, it sounds like you're taking everything you own on this cruise! Now how long are you going to be gone? I can't remember. I hope the t-shirt situation gets resolved soon because time is running out!

I'm going to rest for a few minutes.

ontarget
02-25-2007, 04:39 PM
we just took the grands home and are chillin. not much else going on here. bry is coming over later for curtis to check his archery gear.

kathy, that's a horrible looking storm. i'm going to have to call my son and check on them. i'm glad you had fun plinking arrows. i don't care for large rifles either. i got a black eye from my deer rifle one time. i told curtis he could shoot it. i don't like to rifle hunt anyway. i'm a bow woman.

angela and vickie, i hope your weather is better.

vickie and frouf, my bod can't take rich foods much now either. i think it's acclimated to healthier stuff. who'da thunk it?

frouf, i get my highlights wed. the excitement is building, isn't it? i'm ready to go.

a couple of days off from shooting is just what i needed. i'm "hungry" to shoot my bow again.

have a good day, chickies.

aghiowa
02-25-2007, 05:38 PM
You know what's weird Kathy? The new snow here has a layer of dirt in it that's just the color of the dirt in your picture. I wonder if it got blown all the way up here. It's weird, because it's clean underneath, then this rusty brown thin layer, and then more clean snow on top.

I'm off to do dishes and make supper.

Later,
Angela

Katpo
02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey, with all the strange happenings nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't our dirt!

I'm not an "Oscar" kind of person, so I have no idea if there's going to be anything for me to watch tonight. I might just have to be forced to clean on the kitchen floor some more. That would be HORRIBLE! :lol:

Sandra, a black eye! I would have been crying!

Tejas
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi All:

All that dirt in the storm could have been good top soil someplace, if not for the drought. It's a shame!

I read there were 162,000 homes without power in Iowa.

I spent hours with the former in-laws today, doing what I could there. The situation will have to change because my FIL will go around the bend soon, I'm sure. I'm going out again tomorrow so that he can get out to the doctor's without his wife, who is in constant (and I mean CONSTANT) pain and crying for help. (The pain is arthritis, exacerbated by a fall and, probably the Alzheimer's.)

DH cut all the wallpaper strips, and they go up tomorrow.

Off now to make supper.

Rhonda

ontarget
02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
kathy, i did cry. crocodile tears, too.

rhonda, :hug:

we're still chillin. i hope my reality shows are still on tonight. i'm not an oscar woman either.

Vickie
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm not an Oscar girl either but I'll be watching this year. I'm anxious to see if Jennifer Hudson will win. You know....Chicago girl done good! Besides, I never thought she should have been voted off Idol. She says it's a good thing she was because she wouldn't have been able to do the movie. Things happen for a reason, don't they?

I cooked dinner for Jim but I don't think I'm going to be able to eat it. My stomach is plenty sick. I had him get me more SF ginger ale to let go flat.

Be back in the morning.

coco99
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone
Has everyone weathered out their storms. Our wasnt as bad as they said it would get. Thank goodness. It was kinda icy this morn. But we did go to church. Just took our time. The roads had like slush on them. We did get a good bit of rain. The creeks are up pretty good. and boy you should have seen the ice going down the creek. Dont know where it was all coming from. And some of the pieces were pretty big.

VICKIE Feel better soon.

KATPO Oh my on the storm. Cute kitty.

ONTARGET Glad you had a great weekend.

Well dont look like much on the TV tonight. I dont care much for the Oscars. About the only award shows I watch is the Country Music awards. And then I dont watch them that often anymore. Some of the country music they have now. To me isnt country.
Well I will get off here.
I hope everyone is safe from all the storms. And hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.
coco

Froufy
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Vickie - hope your tummy is feeling better and you are cozy at home! Thanks for the weather update! All systems go....

Kathy - don't overdo it! Sounds like you were a busy girl today - probably a good idea to relax a bit tonight?

Sandra - sounds like we will both be 'cruise babes' this week - hope the highlights go okay - I am anxious to get to work tomorrow and hopefuly get some HONEST opinions on the hair!

THE SHIRT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy happy happy! Found this 'new' place in the Mall - used to be a ladies store - now has some of those t-shirt machines and LOTS of t-shirts/hoddies in there. The man was very nice - took dh w/me to ensure everything was STRAIGHT (as only an engineer would approve!). The shirt looks great! When I asked the man how much - he said 'you tell me!" I think he did not want to take ANY money! I offered him $15 - he said it was too much - and we settled on $10 - good business for him as I will certainly recommend his store and be back there to buy some t-shirts as well!

So now there is a pile of clothes on the ironing board and dh sure doesn't look like he's heading to the laundry room any time soon? I have been throwing stuff in the luggage all day now and it sure is getting FULL! (take a deep breath now and relax - no luggage meltdown allowed).

...oh and I got the cutest pair of shoes? or are they sneakers? They are by champion - like those cute sandal like runners? white w/baby blue stitching - so cute and SUPER comfy and great nonskid rubber bottom which will be great on the ship! Will try to find a pic to post! I am anxious to get going but so stressed about the packing and actually GETTING there!

Tomorrow have to make some phone calls (credit card company and hotels to confirm rooms, etc). Too much stuff to bring! and too much stuff to do!

Hope to get to bed early tonight - yawning all afternoon!

Frouf

Vickie
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Frouf, you sound so excited. It makes me smile! What night do you see Wicked? I sure wish I was seeing it again.

Tummy is ok...a little better than last night. I'm off to watch DVR'd Oscars now. We like to give it a head start so we can fastfoward through people we don't like!

ontarget
02-25-2007, 11:40 PM
coco, i'm proud of you for making it to church even on bad roads.

frouf, i feeeeel your excitement.

vickie, that's a good idea about fast-forwarding during the oscars.

Vickie
02-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I woke up at 5:15 and couldn't sleep. Not good considering that we didn't go to bed until 12:30! I have a million things to do today that got put off last week because of my illness. I've got to force myself through as many of them as I can today. I need to go open some new bank accounts and buy a baby shower gift.

My stomach is recovering slowly, but that's ok because it's keeping me eating small portions. I hope I'm getting used to it.

Sandra, you sound like you're getting excited too. We have no trips planned but maybe a spontaneous trip to the gambling boats would be fun for us. It's been a very hard Fall/Winter for us.

Have a great onprogram day Chicks!

Froufy
02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Come join us on the 'fresh' new chat thread!

Frouf