100 lb. Club - Are You Commited: February 19-25

View Full Version : Are You Commited: February 19-25

GirlyGirlSebas
02-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Good morning! Please join me in sharing your progress and your committments for making your lifestyle changes.

My committment for today: I'm starting over with Phase 1 of Southbeach. I wandered quite a bit from my plan and I need to refocus.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Yep - I am COMMITTED!! I am now taking Sundays to get the menu in place for the week. (making the stocks for my soups if needed, making the soups, making the hummus, cooking the steel cut oats, cutting up my vegies, etc.) Getting it all done Sunday makes the week go easier - everything is ready and planned!

It is now becoming 2nd nature to me - walking, drinking my water, and eating healthy. It is not a struggle for me - and it hasn't been since the first week - maybe that is how I KNOW this is MY time - it is going to be this year that I start the rest of my life!

Weight bearing exercise - that is the one thing I NEED to work on now. It scares me though - I seem to pull muscles so easily. I will spend this week searching for a video that will work for me.

LadySue
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I was at the er all day sat. I was caring for a family member with MR, to give his primary caregiver a break. We were shopping and he fell over into a seizure. He had never had one before. He is fifty. His mom went to the hosp in the 70's with cancer and didn't come home, later so did his dad, and then buddy (my father in law), so he is terrified of the hospital.

He is ambilitory, 6' and 250lbs. So it was a struggle all day long. Keeping him calm and in the chair they wanted him in, has pulled all the muscles in my legs, back, and shoulders. Thankfully all the tests were normal, he is going to follow up with his family doc, then nuerologist, and he has had no more seizures.

Sat by the time we got home having not eaten since breakfast. We ordered pizza. That become my breakfast on sunday morning. And I didnt do well after that. I did drink my water.

I am going to have to rest this week. BUT I really want to stay on track with my diet. So my goals this week are to weigh and measure everything, keep my portions under control, keep my food journal, and drink my water.

Angihas2
02-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I am so committed. I'm closer to ONEderland than I've been in years. No way am I going the other way. I'm going to continue to monitor my portions, consume water like I'm trying to save the Ark and work out, 5 days a week. I'm also increasing my 3 mile walk to 4.

DollyR
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
:D I am going to get thirty minutes of exercise in at least 5 days this week. (Tuesday to Tuesday).
:D I am going to eat better and get back into whole foods.
:D I am going to come here regularly and post here or at the journal site.
:D I am going to drink all my water each day. Two thirty two ounce bottles.

Penney
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Feeling like I am ready to be COMMITTED to a sanitarium.....

Found out that I have to go someplace this summer for a function.... where I have to interact with a person that makes my life increasingly difficult. Since I have gained weight this person likes to point out every little thing that is "wrong" with my body. At the top of her voice - to every person possible. Jeez - she has told people that I don't even know exactly how thin I used to be and "how could I have wasted myself the way that I have?" Now I have to plan this "delightful" little trip. I am not a violent person - but everytime she opens her mouth - I would love to insert a pillow!!!

SIGH!!!!!!

Okay - so this has kind of thrown me off of any commitment I had planned for today - I have not gone off track - calorie wise - but "healthy choices" have not been my fortay so to speak......

So for the rest of the day - my choices are going to be much smarter - I am going to exercise before I go to bed and tomorrow - I am going to the gym....

So much for my federal holiday being a healthy kind of day from dawn to dusk..... so many plans withered away

royalsfan1
02-19-2007, 06:43 PM
This week I'm committing to:

2 miles on the eliptical every morning
water, water, water - at least 64 oz a day
logging everything I eat on thedailyplate.com
begin Walk Away the Pounds videos for some afternoon movement
NOT taking bites of icing as I'm decorating my daughter's birthday cake

LadySue
02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Even though it's a bit rainy I'm so glad to see it warm up.

Yest went better then I thought it would. Drank all my water. Ate my veggies, and had good portion control.

My goals today are to weigh and measure, drink 4 cups of water, maintain food journal.

I hope everyone has a great day.

NESunshine
02-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey gals, I haven't posted on this thread in a while...but today I need to make a commitment so here goes.

I will not eat anything off plan today. I will not touch any of the chocolate on the table in the kitchen at work. I will do abs today when I get home.

There, good, I've said it outloud!

Angihas2
02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
My committment for the day. Work out. I am really struggling mentally right now with this. It's so easy to become complacent and smug about how far I've come, but I can not become settled in at this weight. I just can't. I have to continue, I have to keep trucking, I have to keep entering foods, making good food choices and I have to continue to work out. It's just how it is. Time to put on my big girl panties, quit settling in as a smaller fat chick and just do it. So my commitments for today.

1. Walk 3 miles
2. Jog 1 mile, in increments if I have to, but jog 1 mile!
3. Work with weights today
4. Continue guzzling water

GirlyGirlSebas
02-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi 3FC Friends! I've been down with a stomach virus since noon yesterday. So glad to see everyone staying committed. I'm hoping to be back on track again tomorrow.

LadySue
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Rhonda, I'm praying you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Take care of yourself ~ I wondered where you were!

djs06
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Another sickling here.... hope to be back on track tomorrow as well!

Rhonda, feel better!

jellybelly06
02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I am totally commited! I just increased my jog by a 1/2 lap today which makes it almost 2.5 miles 6 days a week! I am shooting for a 5k. I am soooooooooo close to onderland! I am hoping to be there for Monday's weigh in!!! Jelly

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Go, Jelly, Go!! That is wonderful!

I'm so proud of all the rest of you and your committments. It is what it takes to win at this, isn't it?

I "feel" I'm committed, though I tend to really beat myself up when I get slightly deterred. But, overall, I would say - yes, I'm committed. I have said 2007 is MY year. I'm like a lot of others here - it has been years since I have been at 150 (15.5 years, to be exact) and I'm taking it slow and steady so as not to disappointment self and then go off on binge due to depression.

Everyone - hang in there! Keep those committments! They WILL pay off in the long run. Slow and steady wins the race.

Rhonda and Dana: I hope you feel well soon!

Penney
02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Okay - I am doing better today - I feel like I am up to challenge... I did pretty well today. Ate lots of veggies, worked out and drank my water.

My commitment for tomorrow is I will work out, I will drink my water and I will not count the days until August - that is sabotaging myself.

Rhonda and Dana - GET BETTER!!

Mrs. Quadcrew - Did you find a video yet that works for you? I purchased a Denise Austin bootcamp video this weekend, it has both a cardio and a weight-bearing segment - I am hoping to do it this week - I will let you know how it is......

Jelly fingers are crossed for your weigh-in!!!!

We can do this everyone! Everyone sounds so determined.... way to go us!

Have a great evening!!!

SexyRevealed
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Jelly - that's so cool! I'm going to run a 5K one day. Way to Go!

Sending well wishes to Rhonda and Dana.

Mrs.Q - I have another video recommendation. Crunch Boot Camp. I LOVE this tape. I had it on VHS but no longer have a VCR anymore, so I just ordered it on DVD. It's basically circuit training (weights and cardio) and I just love it! I can't wait to get it.

Penney - keep up the good work!

As for me, I'm back to recommitting myself. I haven't veered off track food-wise. Like MrsQ said, food is becoming second nature to me. I am struggling with exercise. I did manage to get up this AM and exercise. I WILL DO IT TOMORROW AS WELL!

My commitments for tomorrow:

Get up and exercise
Stay on plan
Increase water to 80oz

:)

EmmaGabysMum
02-20-2007, 09:51 PM
My goal for today is to get my 5+ serves of vegetables!

I'm now onto my 2nd week on the points plan on WW... in my first week on the plan I lost 1.6kg (3.5lb), so I am REALLY proud with myself. I would 'like' to lose 2kg this week, but will be happy with any loss!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Good morning, Committed Friends! Hope all of you are having a great day.

Angihas - How was yesterday's workout? Tiffany - Were you able to get your workout in this morning?
Dana - Hope you are feeling better. So many stomach bugs and flus going around. Yikes!
Jelly - Congratulations on increasing your jogging distance. A 5k sounds like a great goal.
Penney - Don't worry about August. This journey is truly one day at a time.
Emma - Congratulations on your 1.6kg loss for your first week on plan!

Well, as you all can see, I'm back. The stomach virus was a doozy! I'm feeling much better, but not sure I'll be up to my workout yet today. However, I will be eating on plan. No straying for me today! Yesterday, I began journaling on Fitday. I will continue journaling and I plan on including my food and exercise for each day and my weekly weigh-in.

My committment for today: Back on phase 1 of Southbeach. Today, I will eat all three meals and two snacks and will only eat on-plan foods.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Good morning ladies!! OK - I dug into the cave of old videos and found my Richard Simmons dancing to the oldies and a couple of others. I figure that will keep me busy until this weekend - I did buy the Biggest Loser I DVD - but haven't tried it yet. I am such an oaf when it comes to trying to keep up. It's a good thing there is no one here to see me working out - or I would be a STAR on America's Funniest Home Videos.

The eating/water is not a problem for me - and neither is the walking everyday, I just NEED to start the strength training now. (and I know I have said that before - could someone just come over here and kick me??)

LadySue
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I am glad to hear you are better Rhonda. How about you Dana, how are you feeling?

Yest I did well and my goals remain the same. Water, portions, and food journal. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

SexyRevealed
02-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome back Rhonda!!!!

I didn't get up and exercise, but I will do it when I get home. I am *so* not a morning person. How can I change that?

Otherwise, I'm on track with my water and eating, so today is going well.

Have a beautiful day ladies! :)

Penney
02-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone!!

Today - I did well..... I kept probably 85% of my food to veggies and a fruit, I had rice and some fish at dinner (not the best kind of fish... ah... next time).

I still have to exercise tonight - after I finish posting. Did pretty good with my water.....

Glad to hear you are feeling better Rhonda! Dana hope you are too!

Tiffany I had to slowly turn my hours around. I started out with just making myself getting up earlier, even if I did not work-out. I used to be the type to sleep until I ***HAD** to get up just so I could make it to work on time. Now, I do pretty well. I get up and if I don't work out - I at least have time to get some stuff done so I have no excuse when I get home.

I used to love Richard Simmons..... I don't have any of my old videos left, I wonder if I can find it on dvd.... he was fun!

Have a great evening everyone!

SexyRevealed
02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks Penney. Great advice.

Well, I did follow my commitment and exercise this evening. I'm so happy that I did it! Now I'm ready to hit the sack! LOL.

And I managed to get not 80 oz, but 96 oz of water!!! So I will make that my goal from now on.

My commitments for tomorrow:

Get up and exercise
Stay on plan
Drink water - 96oz

Mrs Quadcrew
02-22-2007, 08:31 AM
OK - I now have NO reason to not be committed (to exercising!) ;) I finally found the Biggest Loser 2 DVD - so I have several routines to pick from. (lord I even found an old Susan Powter video!!) I WILL do one of them starting TODAY - along with my daily 30 minute walk.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great day.

LadySue and Penney - Glad to see you're doing well with staying on your plan.
Tiffany - I am so not a morning person! It might have a little bit to do with not going to bed early enough each night :) I just seem to be so much more alert in the afternoon/evening.
Mrs Quadcrew - For the strength training, have you thought about doing a band workout or getting an exercise ball and some light weights? I bought all of this from Walmart and I have used these in the past to tone up the muscles.

I'm feeling unusually motivated and committed today. I'm definitely going to take advantage of this improved mood and get some planned cardio exercise. For me, going that first time usually gets me in the flow again. Sometimes, its just such a hurdle to get started! Forgot to do my Fitday journal yesterday. I want to do the journal to keep myself accountable. So, my committment for today: 60 minutes on the treadmill and a journal entry for the day.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Rhonda - I have all 3 of those items. (ball, bands and weights) I just now need to USE them.

royalsfan1
02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
You guys seems to be doing so great. What an inspiration!

Today I'm committing to journaling on daily plate, adding a WATP video workout to my eliptical workout (which I've already done, yea!), and eating a very small portion of a not so healthy dinner that my kids have been begging me to make and using a big healthy salad to satisfy me.

:kickbutt: That's for the person who requested a little kick in the hiney...can't remember who, now!

LadySue
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Yest I didn't think I was going to get my water drunk, but by days end I had. I feel like i'm drowning with four cups. I tip my hat to everyone who is drinking the large amounts, that is a great accomplishment by itself.

I didn't measure as much as I like to but I did watch my portions. I bought my son a snickers bar yest and didn't have one myself..I was so proud..best of all I didn't even want one.

Later in the day though I really wanted a McD's ice cream cone so we drove through there....the ice cream machine was down....shewwww. We just left and finished shopping.

My goals today are to measure everything that passes into my mouth, drink my four cups of H2O, and write it all down.

I hope everyone has a great day.

P.S. have we heard from Dana is she feeling better?

Penney
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone!!

Lady Sue - that is called fate being on your side.... I like it when my plans and fate occasionally work together.... I used to think that I drank a lot of water until I started keeping track and then realizing I was not drinking as much as I thought - I know how you feel.... but I do well with it now.

Rhonda - Glad to see that you are back at it - - -just don't push yourself to hard....

DANA - - - YOO HOO! If you are reading the posts - hope you are feeling better!!!

Mrs. Quadcrew - I know what you mean - - - I don't do so well with bands - but I enjoy using the exercise ball, the handweights and the weighted balls - those are all fun.... except for the band - I kept tripping myself up, trying to kill myself; it was an ugly situation, but there are a lot of people that enjoy the bands. Me - I am just a bad example of band usage. :o

Tiffany and Royals - Good job with the commitments!!

Okay - my commitment for Friday - my daughter is having a sleepover - so I get to avoid the yummies that I am making for said get-together - Why do they say sleep when it is not going to happen - I have already been told it is supposed to be an all-night movie fest.... YEESH - Okay, water, exercise if possible (don't know yet) eat healthy and snackage avoidance.... yep - those are my commitments for Friday.

If I don't make it on here tommorow everyone have a happy happy Friday!!

SexyRevealed
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Rhonda - Yes, it is a hurdle just to get that first one out the way. You can do it!!

Mrs. Q - How did your tape go?

Tricia - Great for you for planning ahead with your meal. I've learned a long time ago not to totally deprive myself of anything. You will drive yourself crazy that way. :)

LadySue - LOL at the ice cream machine... Maybe someone was trying to tell you something? :) :)

Penney - Ahh, nothing like a bunch of girls at a sleepover... I used to have them all the time... I wonder how my mom put up with that? LOL.

Well, ladies, I did not exercise today. Well, I went for a small walk but nothing too spectacular. But I am so SORE from my Turbo Sculpt workout yesterday. The walk did loosen things up a bit. So I will definitely get some cardio in tomorrow.

Cassia
02-23-2007, 02:18 AM
I fell off the wagon. I ready to get back up. I have to refocus. I tried of starting over.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
TGIF 3FC Friends! Is everybody gearing up for an on-plan weekend?

Tricia - How was the salad? Did the kiddies enjoy their off-plan meal? :)
LadySue - Congratulations with passing up the Snickers bar. They really aren't "so satisfying!"
Penney - A sleepover? You're a brave woman! I don't suppose the kids would enjoy a nice veggie tray with some fat free dressing :D
Sexy Revealed - Good job on the workouts. I havent tried Turbo anything yet. I'm still trying to get committed on the walking.
Cassia You just hit one of those bumps in the road. Unfortunately, we do have to deal with those darn things! Pick yourself back up and keep going. You've come a long way already...I'm impressed!

Today's committment - Looks like some of our 3FC friends have had amazing weight loss results and they drink a ton of water. So, today I start drinking the water, too. My goal is 64 oz today.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies!!!! YEP I am COMMITTED!! I now only have 2 poound to go till I hit the 30 pound gone mark, and I want to see that next Friday!!

Sexy - I really like this DVD - the Biggest Loser #2 is great, it is my favorite one now. I still can't keep up, but one of these days I will.:D

Penny - OMG sleepovers!!! When our 2 oldest girls were in high school they volunteered with the special needs kids. We had several sleep overs for them. A lot of them had never been invited to such a thing and it made their parents cry. And you know, they were a BLAST!!! The kids had such a great time. Our youngest was only 3 or so and they included her in everything they did. Great memories. (but NOT much sleep those nights!) Have fun!!

I hope everyone has a great ON PLAN weekend!!

royalsfan1
02-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Yesterday was a success! I made it through the off-plan dinner (however, when I actually sat down and figured the calories out...an entire (HUGE) serving was about 500 calories...so it really wasn't as horrible as I had imagined it was going to be. Especially when I didn't eat a whole serving. And my kids loved it! hahaa My son is 12 and his first comment at most meals is....we always have to eat so healthy! At church the other night they had PB&J sandwiches on white bread. He took a bite...sighed real big....and said "Oh, I haven't had white bread in SOOOOO LONG!" Poor, deprived kid.... :D

Today, I commit to eliptical (already done), water, and 1 cookie tonight at my jewelry party.

LadySue
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM
But today is a new day, today I will drink my water, weigh everything, and write every crumb into my food diary.

Have a good day, and a great weekend.

SexyRevealed
02-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Happy Friday!!

My weekend commitments:

Exercise today, tomorrow, AND Sunday :)
Stay OP with food and water (no weekend straying)

Slashnl
02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Ha ha! Royalsfan, I have deprived kids, too, so I'm with you! My daughter complained the other day that we don't have any candy or cookies or ice cream around. I told her to have an apple.
I honestly hadn't notice we were completely void of sweets since I am avoiding them.
Poor, poor, neglected kids!!

royalsfan1
02-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Poor, poor, neglected kids!!

Maybe someday they'll think to thank us! ;)