100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-In~Feb.19-Feb.25

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh-In~Feb.19-Feb.25

rockinrobin
02-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Good morning ladies. I'm kind of excited to get this started. So here goes:

Down 4 1/2 lbs to 189. I am soooo excited, 2 lbs from the 100 lb mark!!!

Here's looking forward to a great week everyone. Come on, we CAN do this!!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-19-2007, 09:00 AM
WWOOOOHOOOOO ROBIN!! That is fantastic!!! You'll be there in NO time. I really need a poster of you to hang up (You're one of my heros on here!!):carrot: :D

oldwriter
02-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Wonderful RockinRobin! Congradulations for the awesome loss!:congrat: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm down 2 lbs. I could have lost another if I would stop eating late. Did that about 3 times.:o

Charbar
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Robin and Carol.. awesome!
4 1/2 lbs.. that amazing. You are just fading away.

I lost 2 lbs this week. yeah!! :D

GirlyGirlSebas
02-19-2007, 09:10 AM
:woohoo: Robin, You Go Girl!

I'm down .2 of a pound. I've hit a bump in this road and trying to pick myself back up. But, I'm still here and not giving up this time!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Way to go ladies!!

Rhonda - jump over that bump in the road and keep going!

Oldwriter - you are just north of me! (I am in Delaware) Congrats on the loss!

Chunky Teacher
02-19-2007, 10:37 AM
WOW Robin! Grats!

Way to go all you loosers!

I am down 3.5 for the week. I also met my first mini goal of 27 pounds! WOOO HOOOO!

:jig: :cb: :cp: :dancer: :jig: :cb: :cp: :dancer: :jig: :cb: :cp: :dancer:

Blue Butterfly
02-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Congratulations everybody!

I'm down 6 pounds! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Angihas2
02-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Broke the stall and came out on the other side weighing in at a svelte 220. I haven't weighed this since I was in my early 20's.

WTG Robin on the loss!! WTG to all the ladies who lost, we are improving our health, our fitness and our habits, one meal and snack at a time and the efforts are paying off. GOOD JOB to all of our ladies!

melsfolly
02-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Great job everyone! I'm down another 2.4 this week!

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 06:36 AM
WOW! Awesome results we are seeing! Robin, what ARE you doing to keep getting such great results!? You are doing awesome!

I'm sad to report my first gain since I started in January (sniff, sniff). I gained 1 pound this week. I was really hoping for a loss every single week even if small, but I don't know what happened. I will just look on the bright side. I hope to join the losers again next week.

rockinrobin
02-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Really amazing, amazing losses everyone. My gosh we are something else!! I love us!!!!

Ritzy I could understand you being disappointed, but 1 lb is absolutely nothing, nothing in the scope of things. Don't let it get to you. Let it motivate you. As for ever seeing another 4 1/2 lb week again I don't think it's going to happen. I tried to look at last week to see what I did differently then when I had a 1 1/2 lb week or a 2 lb week. And the truth of the matter is - I really don't know. I sure as heck wish I did. I have been extremely consistient with my food from week to week. Extremely. If anything I've exercised less lately because my knees are shot. To compensate for it I have been doing 2 -15 minutes spurts (mostly 3-4 mins) throughout the day of walking in place and dancing just to get me moving and burn some calories. I suppose that is definitely burning some calories, even though I am not getting in a long enough workout to get in some good cardio benefits. This is why it bothers me to no end when people say "You should never lose more then 2 lbs a week". I mean how am I to know if I'm doing the basically the same thing week to week when a 1 1/2 lb loss is going to pop up or a 4 lb week is going to pop up? There's just no way to know. You take the big losses with the small losses. That's why I always say you can't really aim for a certain amount of weight to lose per week. Eat right and move. It's up to our bodies to decide what increments the weight will come off in. It is clearly not a linear thing.

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 07:29 AM
You are right, Robin. I have wondered how this could be cut and dried myself. I think our bodies do their own things on these diets. Thanks for the encouragement. I was just sitting here trying to make myself see that this is only a stepping stone - not a stumbling block. Your post helped me to cement that in. Thanks so much!!

jellybelly06
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, I am down 1 lb this week. I would have liked a little more, but I'll take the 1! I also agree with Robin. I am really consistant with what I eat and exercize, and I lose anywhere from .5 - 3.5 each week. Sometimes it frustrates me, but I am doing the best I can on a "plan" that I can use forever. That's all I can do. Jelly

finally4myself
02-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi - I'm new to this group - but really want to get going with my exercise and weight loss again. My weight is 265 and I am the biggest I've ever been. It is really encouraging to read your posts and your weekly updates! You guys are doing what I am hoping to be able to do too.

LisaMarie71
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
FANTASTIC job, everyone! Woohoo, Robin!!

I lost one pound again this week. I really wanted more, because I stuck to my food plan and I ran a lot, but I'll take it. It looks like it's going to be a slow trip to Onederland, but I'll get there soon!!

Welcome to the group, finally4myself -- you'll LOVE it here, as we all do! And you can do this! :)

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi - I'm new to this group - but really want to get going with my exercise and weight loss again. My weight is 265 and I am the biggest I've ever been. It is really encouraging to read your posts and your weekly updates! You guys are doing what I am hoping to be able to do too.

WELCOME!!! As it has already been mentioned, you will love it here! This is for sure my lifeline and place of hope on my journey! We look forward to getting to know you better as we work our way to good health. :)

booklover
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I am down 27 pounds since January 1. Today the scale read 288, a number I haven't seen in more than 3 years. Yay! :carrot:

Only 163 more to go to my lifetime goal weight of 125. Now, that's a number I haven't seen in more than (gulp) 25 years. :(

Just taking it one day, one pound at a time. :)

TempleBody
02-21-2007, 08:17 AM
241!!!! That's a 6lb loss!! w00 h000!!

Oh and next week I'm changing my weigh in day to Monday. I don't like being the last one to weigh in. lol

RitzyFritz
02-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Way to go, Temple and booklover!!!

sharonrr
02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
My weigh in day is Wedneday so I haven't been joining this thread.
Congrats on all your great losses.
I guess I am also the odd one because my losses have been predictable always 1 -2 lb. Since Jan. 10th.
I lost 2 lbs. I don't sweat it I'll worry about it when it stops and I know that will happen. Good luck.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Temple - you're not the last one to weigh in, my weigh in day is Friday - I read everyone elses though until then and it inspires me to keep at it!

congrats to all on the great losses!!!

KnCmamma
02-21-2007, 10:09 AM
1/25/07 - 294 - waist 53"
1/31/07 - 288 - waist 52"
2/7/07 - 290 - waist 52"
2/14/07 - 290 - waist 52"
2/21/07 - 289 - waist 52"

Down 1 lb from last week. Woohoo scale is going in the right direction again.

SexyRevealed
02-21-2007, 01:08 PM
241!!!! That's a 6lb loss!! w00 h000!!

Oh and next week I'm changing my weigh in day to Monday. I don't like being the last one to weigh in. lol

LOL. I'm switching to Monday as well, for the same reason.

Congrats Ladies!!!

rockinrobin
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Great going ladies!!!

I decided on Mondays as my weigh-in day for a couple of reasons. First it's a fresh start to the week. But most importantly for me, it keeps me more motivated to stay on plan through the weekend. In fact to try and bring it home towards the home stretch so to speak and even do better on the weekends. I always find the weekends much harder for me so this is a good way to keep me on track knowing that I will have to step on that scale Monday morning and then record what's on there.

Angihas2
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Yup Robin, thats why I chose Mondays too. It's a great way to start the week, it either keeps me motivated, with a loss, or makes me more determined, with a gain. It's also a big reason I don't binge on weekends, when we're out at flea markets, auctions, taking kids to all those fun kiddo places, it so helps keep me in line!

SwimGirl
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I am down 1 pound this week to 220. Just 1 more pound to go until I hit my mini goal, and then it's on to my next goal - I am excited to move on to the next one, kinda weird.. but I feel like once I get to this goal I'll definitely make my next one which is 199. I can't explain the logic, but somehow it makes sense to me. heh..

-Aimee

Mrs Quadcrew
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Hello ladies!!! I just weighed in - and I have lost another 3 pounds!! :carrot: That is now 28 pounds total and 10" off my waist. (which is over 10% lost in 8 weeks!!) I am so thrilled with my new lifestyle. And again, I know I have been having these good losses because I have so much to loose, it will eventually slow down, but I am sure enjoying them while they happen!:D I am lucky too, my TOM doesn't seem to affect the weight loss at all. I am here doing happy dances!!

Charbar
02-23-2007, 10:20 AM
28 lbs in 8 weeks... that's incredible. what's your diet plan again? I need to get on that!!

RitzyFritz
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
You go, girl! That is awesome, Mrs. Quadcrew!!!!! :congrat:

Unfortunately, you know you are stirring up jealousy don't you?:devil: LOL!! Just kidding! I'm thrilled for you!! I really am! :hug:

rockinrobin
02-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Congrats Mrs. Quadcrew!!!! Fantastic loss, yet again.

I think I might just know what diet plan you're on - it's the "It finally clicked for me" plan. It works really, really well. Can't be beat in fact.;) ;) ;)

royalsfan1
02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, everyone has had great losses. Good job!

I'm holding steady since last week...no loss....no gain. I'm hoping it's because this is the time when I retain water. I checked back over my weight log and last month over these dates I held a steady weight for 7 days and then all of a sudden dropped 2.5 overnight.

We'll see!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Thank you ladies! Robin, you are sooo right, it HAS clicked for me. :)

I did have what I do posted here, but after coming back and reading it, I deleted it. I don't want folks to think I am all knowing. I agree with Robin - find what works for you, and just DO IT!!

SexyRevealed
02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I am down 0.6 pounds this week. Hey, I'll take it.

Congrats everybody!

SexyRevealed
02-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree Mrs. Q... What you do may be very helpful for all of us... I've pulled so many things from so many plans and pretty much made my own. I'm sure there is something I can learn from you. Please share! :)

Slashnl
02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Congrats to all on some great losses. I'm new to this, just 2 days ago. I'm still trying to figure out the "threads" since I am such a techno guru.... not! I usually weigh on Mondays, so I hope I can share some success. What a motivator to see what you have all done!

djs06
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Great losses ladies!!!!

I'm happy to report a loss again.. FINALLY! I'm down to 256.5 this week.... that's about 3.5 down (woo!) and it's TOM so I'm hoping it's lower.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Robin, your post in no way had anything to do with me removing this earlier!! I just got to thinking about someone making a post the other day about folks posting/preaching what works for them, and I didn't want it to sound like that is what I was doing.:o OK - here it is again. Not rocket science, and I truely do not crave any of the sugary or carb foods for the first time in my life.

I eat 3 times a day, and at least 2 sometimes 3 snacks. I cut ALL SUGAR and junk out of my eating. The only processed food I have eaten in 8 weeks is vegie burgers. (I shouldn't say ALL sugar - I do have an ounce of 70% chocolate every other day or so in the evenings) I wanted to share my fitday, but I have the PC version and there isn't anyway to link it.

Breakfast everyday is steel cut oats, berries and skim milk, and 2 cups of black coffee. Snacks are always vegies and hummus, or plain nonfat yogurt with fresh fruit added, or a handful of almonds or walnuts, occasionally a slice of Ezekial bread with natural peanut butter.

Lunch is usually a cup of homemade soup and a vegie burger or natural peanut butter sandwich (again on Ezekial bread), and a salad or just cut up fresh vegies. I make my soups on Sunday so they are all ready for me for the week.

Dinners are lean meats, LOTS of different vegetables, and either ww couscous, brown rice or sweet potatos. BIG salads! (which I have always loved!) 2 nights a week, I eat a meatless dinner, 2 nights are fish (wild caught salmon or tilapia) and the other 3 are usually turkey, chicken or lean pork. Lots of stir frys too, everyone loves them!

And the only things I have drank in the last 8 weeks is water, coffee (2 cups in the morning) and a cup or two of unsweetened green tea in the evenings. The rest of the time I drink water, and I drink a lot of it. I always have a glass or bottle of it beside me where ever I am!

I have not been hungry ONCE since starting this ~ and after the first week of basically detoxing myself of the sugar and junk (has several headache days that week) I have never felt better in my life. I walk 30 minutes everyday, without fail. I have just now started to incorporate some REAL exercise into my life.

I hope this isn't preachy or too long. It isn't anything special, just eating things as close to their natural state as possible. It works VERY well for me, and I love it. I have no problem at all with knowing this is how I am going to eat for the rest of my life.

And again, I know that 28 pounds in 8 weeks is lot of weight in a short amount of time, BUT, I know I am eating healthier than I ever have in my life. AND I am not ever hungry. It works for me!

And thank you again ladies for all of the support you give here. It means so very much.

Goldana
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I lost 4.4 pounds which means that I made my first monthly goal of 6.5 pounds lost! I also could change my chick avatar to announce 10 pounds lost :) 2 more pounds to go and I can change it to 15! Woohoo!
I made a few small adjustments to my diet which I think helped a great deal. I don't know if anyone remembers but, I don't eat much...I just drink way too many gallons of sugary drinks a day.
This week I bought some mineral water. I've been drinking that instead with a slice of lemon. When my craving for a sugary drink gets strong then I also got myself some reduced sugar DIET iced tea. I found one I really like the taste of! I've only been drinking these new drinks for one week now and I lost 4.4 pounds. So, I think I found my problem area!
And this week I thought the scale would disappoint me as it is "that time of the month" for me. I was thinking water retention and bloating...NOPE! The scale liked me!
I'm really happy. But, I'm also trying to remind myself it will not ALWAYS be a happy time on the scale.
For the moment though...I'm letting myself celebrate with some music and dancing like an idiot in my livingroom :)
I hope everyone had a good week like I did!

royalsfan1
02-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I lost 4.4 pounds which means that I made my first monthly goal of 6.5 pounds lost! I also could change my chick avatar to announce 10 pounds lost :) 2 more pounds to go and I can change it to 15! Woohoo!

Outstanding! Congratulations!

jujujpn
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
down 6 pounds since the last time i did a weigh-in, which i think was 3 weeks ago. i started going to the gym but have been sick for over a week now. i'm hoping to start back up again tomorrow. congratulations to everyone for a great week!!! have a wonderful weekend.

djs06
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Mrs. Q, thanks for sharing that! You must feel wonderful. I love reading stories like yours.

Kamily828
02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Im down 2.5 lbs this week. I finally hit the 10 lb mark! I want to congratulate everyone on their losses this week. You all have done an awesome job!!!

EmmaGabysMum
02-25-2007, 04:50 AM
well done everyone!

well after my first week on WW points plan, I have lost 1.6kg/3.5lb

Dragonfly7
02-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Great Job Ladies!!!! I lost 1 pound!!:hug:

rockinrobin
02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
STOP and please post your losses in the NEW THREAD for the week of February 26. Thanks