Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #1  
jenrhal

S/C/G: 263?250/150

Height: 5'7

Default Joined LAWL 2 wks ago!

Hi My name is Jenny and I joined LAWL 2 weeks ago. I went in for my first weigh in and I lost 10 lbs. I was so excited! I am really worried about the money and them pushing me to buy the Bars. Are there alternatives to the bars? I am also concerned about the story on 20/20 last night! I am not sure what to think about it! I look forward to talking to you more and getting help and support along my journey! I am not sure how this site works? So if I screw up please, please be patient while I am learning!

jenrhal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #2  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome. Congratulations, that's a great loss for your first WI. There is a lot of information on this site, just do a few searches on the info you need. Start off by reading the Newbie thread, it has info on substitutes. I use Luna bars instead of the LAWL bars. Good luck.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #3  
LAWLmember on Maintenance

S/C/G: 200/171/157

Height: 5'6"

I have been on LAWL since September. I did buy the bars. But I tell the counselors the same thing every time they start trying to sell me something. I understand that this product will help me lose faster but I am doing this on the economy plan. Just keep saying this over and over to each one that you get and the message gets across. They all know this now and there is no pressure. I am considering lowering my goal to 150 because I still have 9 more weight loss weeks before I get to stabilization. Good luck to you and the program does work if you follow it.
LilaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #4  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Jenny!

Jenny there are alternatives to the bars, you can buy Pria or Luna, but I think that negates the guarantee of 2lbs per week. Still there are some pretty amazing stories of huge losses here from people who are on an all food plan.

The 20/20 story was very one sided I found. Not all centers are like that, not all counselors know nothing about weight loss. Nobody has ever tried to make me cry. The plan is working for me, and there are tonnes of success stories here to prove it works for others. Just check out the photo album links in some members signatures. Very motivating!

10lbs in your first week is absolutely amazing. You must be doing a great job of sticking to the plan, and that is what will see you through to your goal.

Good luck!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #5  
ABQKieslings

Hey Jenny! Congrats on your loss. If you are thinking about using a substitute for the bars, make sure it has soy and protein in it: that's what the LA Lite bars have. However, I might suggest trying some of the other Lite things they have. I found that I LOVE the Chicken soup! If you add in some vegetables and chicken, you can have a pretty great stew that counts towards everything you're supposed to eat. Also, I've only been on the plan for 2 weeks, and all the things that were presented by the customer were things that happened because she didn't read her contract. I see the counselors asking about personal events in your life is a way for you to talk about what's bugging you. As far as I'm concerned, gaining weight is often tied to personal turmoil. What's wrong with taking a moment to talk about it with a neutral party? Anyway, congrats again, and keep up the good work!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey ABQ.. Nice to have another New Mexican here on the list.. There are so many Canadians around here, I've started wearing a touk (sp?) and have been ending all my sentences with "eh?", eh?

My wife and I go to the COD over on the Westside.. Welcome to the program, and congrats on the loss so far!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Jenny! In addition to the newbie thread, I also suggest you read Thoughts on the Program and What is LAWL? A Program Explanation. It will help put things in perspective because feeling overwhelmed is a very normal emotion when starting the program.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97352

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658

Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #8  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey Dan, it's tuque, eh!
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Amazing Kim I love your quote and yes round is a shape!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by The best ME I can be View Post
Hey Dan, it's tuque, eh!
Oh geez.. Thanks, eh!.. I feel like such a hoser!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #11  
ABQKieslings

Cool

Hey Dan! Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one out there from NM. Do you know if Cottonwood has cookbooks in stock? We've been going to Del Norte, and I don't think they've gotten their shipment in for at least 3 weeks. We've been creating recipes, which is fun sometimes. Somehow, my husband got ground beef to taste like it had cheese on it. Dang that was good! Which reminds me...does anyone know how to count a single serving of buttered popcorn? Not the movie kind, just a mini-bag. I put it down as a starch and a fat.

Last edited by ABQKieslings; 02-26-2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: trying to fix weight
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #12  
ABQKieslings

Hey everyone,
Is there anyone posting on this board anymore? How are y'all doing?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #13  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Check everyone out on the Losers and Friends thread. That's where most of the discussion happens.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default jealous

I have been on for two weeks also and have not lost much only about three so great for you!! You have to make your own decisions and you DONT have to buy anything from them if you dont want too,10 lbs in two weeks I guess 20/20 is right LAWL is a farce lol . best of luck I know you will make the best decision for you.The bunch here are really good and knowlegable
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQKieslings View Post
Hey everyone,
Is there anyone posting on this board anymore? How are y'all doing?
I was wondering if you had given up on posting..

Yeah.. General chatter and stuff like that is usually in the LAWL and Losers thread.. That's where we discuss our gains and losses, etc...

I'll ask if they have the cookbooks over at Cottonwood.. I do my weekday weigh in's in Santa Fe, as that's where I work, but Saturday mornings I weigh in down here..

Our store hasn't had a shipment in a while either.. It happens from time to time.

Glad you're still around!