Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #234

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #234

Jane
02-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

sz2atheart
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Happy Valentines's Day Ladies!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their families and loved ones. We have been under a sheet of ice here in Maryland and nearly "frozen" still in transportation. Lucky for me that I didn't have to work today. Instead of exercising I shoveled for over 2 hrs then baked cookies (and yes, I just had to try two) for the family and for a co-worker and her husband that helped me clear off my car at work on my way home Tues night. No time for individuals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Lost comes on in 10 minutes and I want to snuggle under my down comforter and watch it before bed.

Again, hope everyone's day was great!! Mine was!!!

Jane
02-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristina - Witchy Woman? Where did that come from, lol? Hope you had fun with your son at Red Lobster today.

Jodi - I'd say you got plenty of exercise shoveling out the driveway - a full bosy workout, too. 150 feet is a loooooong way to clear out. Hope you make it to work tomorrow. It's great that they'll let you take your DD with you.

Vann - hey, we all need to let the kid in us come out sometimes. Feels good, if you ask me, lol. I especially like to ride a bike - really takes me back.

A big hello to everyone reading this. :wave:

I've had a really good day. Most of the ice melted before my trip to town, so that was handy. :) Right now, Neal is watching some show and and in just a few minutes I'll be watching Lost with him. It's a pretty good show, but not even close to being one of my favorites.

I hope each of you have had a great Valentine's Day!

Jane
02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Tammy - just missed you! As I mentioned above, I'm getting ready to watch Lost, too. Glad you had a great day, and I'll "talk" to you soon. :)

Bandmom1011
02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Vann that stupid WII console still eludes us! I am so sick of searching for it!!! I check every time I am in a store that will have it (I do indep. work in different retailers so I am in different stores several times a week). But I have long given up following leads of them being delivered on certain days because we always seem to miss them. Of course they can be advertising them and have 1 in the store and it be legit for them to advertise.
We figure we will be able to get one in the next month or so because you can walk into about everywhere and buy a PS3 now- so there is still hope.

Janebelieve me, my full body is feeling that workout!! lol

Gonna head to bed soon- good night to everyone!:hug:

Marti
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello Ladies and

:val1: :val3: Happy Valentines!!!!! :val1: :val3:

Just a quick one tonight...not feeling the best, so I'm going to hit the hay early.

Also wanted to say.....sometime this weekend, I may be w/o internet access......hubby is going to upgrade our computer (AGAIN) and who knows how long that will take.

Off I go to have tea and then bed.

hugs to all!:hug:

Katiecat
02-15-2007, 03:49 AM
:val1: :val3:Happy Valentine's Day, Jaded Ladies! :val3: :val1:

Hi everybody...too many posts to catch up, but I just read like 3 threads, LOL...

Marti, WTG on the losses! Your determination is really paying off...and I guess what they say really is true -- you can get used to...even learn to LIKE exercise! Whoa, who woulda thunk it? :D

Sue, I know this was a while back, but have those chest pains and tightness gotten better? Did you ever go to the doctor? I had chest pain and symptoms like that several months ago, felt like the way I've heard a heart attack described. Turned out, after the EKG was fine, that it was get this -- esophageal spasms. Probably brought on by stress. Weird, huh? They eventually went away.

Sassy, glad to see you back posting, and in fine form :)

Cristina, I too missed how you became "Witchy Woman" :stir: :witch: Where did that come from? The only thing I can think of is that old Eagles' song... :lol:

Who was posting about Panera Bread? I just went there for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was really good. Not all of there choices are bad, you just have to know ahead of time what the healthier choices are. I found the most complete nutrition info here: http://www.panera.com/pdf/nutr-guide.pdf Several of their sandwiches are in the 600 cal range -- Smoked Turkey Breast on Sourdough is only 430 -- so half of one of those and soup, especially one of the lower fat ones, wouldn't be a bad lunch at all.

Jane, I got your phone message...thank you for thinking of me!!! :hug: Thanks for the good wishes. It was really good to hear your voice, even if it was only on my answering machine :)

Hi to everyone else :wave:

OK, gotta get up early tomorrow. Wish me luck :crossed: ...I'll pop in when I can type. Not sure how messed up my arm will be. :?:

Sassy_Chick
02-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey All

Just a quick drop by to say I hope you all had a great Vday!

We just stayed home, since we are iced in! I am hoping things are better by this evening when we have to go to work! Our poor car is all iced over! DH is getting up earlier, later on today, to go out and de-ice it! lol.

120,000 people here was without power! We were lucky and had power. (knocking on wood) but they had to call in people from NC to come up to help restore power. Now the last I heard the # was down to only 30,000 without power, but it could be even lower by now.

Our friends were one of the people without power. Our friend said he saw the transformer spark! So I'm hoping everybody gets their power restored today or tomorrow.

Well won't bore you with more ice storm stuff. I'm sure all of us have been hit with either ice or snow. lol.

P.S -- Thanks Cristine for the card!!!!!!! (we just checked our mail today! lol) :o

Have a Great Day!

Jane
02-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Mary Kate - yw, sweetie. I'll be thinking of you today when you have surgery on your elbow.

Marti - I hope you aren't w/o the 'net too long. You could go into withdrawal, lol.

Sassy - so glad you had power. Always something to be thankful for, right?

Jodi - like you said, in about a month or so, I think you'll be able to get the Wii stuff you want.

I'm invited out to lunch at my friend's house today, which is nice. She knows I'm on WW, so hopefully the choices will be friendly ones. Then we're going to Joanne's where I'm going to see if I can find some fabric I like to make a quilt for Jackson.

Have a good one, and I'll bbl. :hug:

FrouFrou
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
OMG Sassy! I would die I think if I didn't check my mail every day. Don't know why because most of it is junk, lol. Glad you guys didn't lose your electricity. I know here when we had that ice storm there were people that went without electric for longer than a week. I just couldn't imagine.

JANE...hope you had a nice lunch.

MARYKATE...guess I missed it that you were having surgery. Hope all goes well with it, or went well with it.

JODI...wonder why you can't find a WII. At the mall there is a store there that has their window full of them.

TAMMY...the cookies sound so good. We got our girl scout cookies in and I have been tempted but I haven't touched them. They are for the troops! I have to keep telling myself that, lol.

Anyway, nothing going on with me, same old stuff (snow, cold, grocery shopping, laundry), different day.

jules1216
02-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Good evening girls!! I had the flu but am feeling better--actually made it out of bed and to work today--not that we could have made it in yesterday when our road didn't get plowed until last night!! Katie is ahead of me--I still need to go catch up on the missed posts!!

Have a great night!! Hopefully I can stay up to watch Greys!!

Bandmom1011
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
CristinaIf you are talking about Electronic Boutique or Game Stop- those are empty boxes. They are still going for way too much money on Ebay for them to just be sitting in the stores. If you really are seeing the units there, buy them up, you could be making a fortune!!! I know if I can find 2 I am buying them both, keeping one and selling the other. I almost had one at Sears . com last week, but when I went to check out, it said the units were gone- someone bought the last one right from under me- grrrr

Sassy Hoping you get to work ok and that you keep power. I didn't mind getting snowed in, what I was worried about was losing electricity. Hope all is well in your land.

I had to go to work early this morning and didn't have time to shovel by my mailbox. My maillady passed me right up (we live in a rural area, can't blame her for not taking the chance of getting stuck). So this evening I went out and spent about 10 min shoveling that area out for her. Believe me, I feel muscles today that I didn't know I HAD!

Hello to everyone else! Have a nice evening. Oh and planning on going to get my new cat tomorrow, if when I meet her she is sweet. I found her on petfinder and she looks like what I had in mind. Will make the final decision when we meet.

vannh9
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello to all!!

Boy has it been a tempting week...Krispy Kreme yesterday and frozen custard today...I didn't even taste, but I did come home last night and make a low fat banana tart...Still not feeling like I am loosing..I know I am going to have move my behind to really make the needle move. I am planning on painting a bedroom this weekend and know that will be a good workout!

Jodi~ Good luck on the Wii..it is fun for the kids and certainly more affordable than the PS3, the graphics are not as great, but the uniqueness is what makes it shine...hope you find one soon

Jane-If the weather would break I might actually try the bike..I know I need to commit to some type of exercise to really be successful....

Marti-Feel better...I hope you guys stay warm!

Sassy- Glad that NC came to help..we are a compassionate bunch!! LOL Stay Warm!

Hey Christina!!

Mary Kate- Hope all is well with your arm..hugs to you and get well wishes!

You guys have a great night..touch base tomorrow...couldn't do this without you all!!!!!!!!!

the real me
02-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Hello ladies....
I'm new to this site and just a bit overwhelmed! Threads, posts, journals....I haven't done this before......I thought I 'knew" how to use a computer, but, this is a challenge....time to get literate(or more literate).....I believe I need to keep up with technology to keep up with..... my job, my kids, the world.....so here I go! I'll fill out a bio next visit.....I think "jaded ladies" will suit me just fine....if you can put up with a beginner (I see you guys are quite nice to new people) So, now I sign my real name? or "the real me"??
"the real me" is Maggie :crossed:

Bandmom1011
02-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi Maggie :welcome3:

I am so glad you are here. I haven't been here for very long, but these ladies have taken me under their wings and been a real blessing to me. So don't be shy- jump right in. You are sure to find your place right here in the midst of this wonderful group!

Sassy_Chick
02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey all,

Thanks everybody. Well today was my first day out, WOW, the ice is overwhelming! It is EVERYWHERE!!!! We couldn't even go down our back stairs because of all the ice on them!

It is very pretty to see on the trees, but I know it has caused a lot of damage and what not. I haven't seen the news, but I'm sure they are working hard to get everybody back with power and yes, Thanks NC for helping us! :D

TTYL!

:hug:

suetalks
02-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi Maggie...You found the right place for the "best" gals on the net! Join us!
I hope the weather has not been too un-kind to the rest of you.
Sassy- I can do without the ice myself. (unless it is in a margarita)
All the ladies shoveling snow, I feel for you as I have done that more years than I can count. And if it snows in mid to late March back home I will get to be there. We are going home then. Brrrr...I know it will still be cold.

Short, I know, but I wanted to check in. Been busy..... checking flights and working on this darn computer. (Not to mention enjoying some of the treats LV has to offer) haha
Feeling better than I was, but still not 100% yet. At least I can see my Dr. when I get home...and start on Dr. Oz like I planned. Wish I had brought the book with me so I could get a head start.....Oh well,
Be good ladies. You are all doing SO good.

Marti
02-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Evening ladies--

Maggie--Hello and welcome to our group!:wave: If you'd like to have your name added to each post...just go up to the "UserCP" and then edit signature, you can add your name there and it'll show w/all your posts. Happy to have you a part of the group.

MaryKate--Happy to see you! I thought of you today and hope that your surgery went well. Take your time to heal before trying to post. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sassy--Be careful on the ice. Loooonnnngggg time ago I had stepped out on the front porch and it was slick....I fell, wasn't paying attention! Learn my lesson. Ice on tree's are beautiful aren't they?

Jane--Hope you had a great luncheon w/your friend. You'll have to share a photo of the blanket when you're done. I'm so excited for you.....May will be here in no time and "our" little baby boy will be here!!

Cristina--Girl scout cookies are my downfall! I love the thin mint ones....my favorite. I can eat a whole box in one sitting....not a good thing. I haven't bought any in years for that reason.

Jules--Oh, I'm sorry you had the flu! Its going around everywhere. I've come down with something, and I'm hoping it's just a cold and not the flu.......hate being sick. Glad you're feeling better.

Jodi--I'm hoping that the Wii will be out more when June rolls around. That's what we want to get DD for her birthday. I have a gal that bought one and just goes on and on about how fun it is......looking forward to playing it.

Vann--This week has been a challenge for me too. I haven't been feeling up to par and w/out the walking I've been just ......I guess I could call it being lazy. I think I've slept more this week than I have in months! Painting is great arm workouts!!

Sue--You'll have to keep us posted on when you finally head back home. Did you guys decide on flying rather than driving back?

Well ladies....I'll be w/out a computer over the weekend. At this moment I'm on the laptop but that goes w/my hubby when he leaves town. I think I'm going to spend my weekend wrapped in a blanket and sleeping. Going to the doctor tomorrow to see what's up. Hate feeling icky. And taking time off work to be sick is not fun.

Ok....need to get off here and I'll check back when I get a chance.

Talk to you gals later!

the real me
02-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Good morning ladies.....

I'm off to aerobics class where Ill weigh myself (at the YMCA) and then have to try to figure out how to change that "ticker" thing....bright and sunny here in PA....feeling good, positive, seem to have plenty of resolve today!

Thanks for your note, Jodi......(I'm thinking this support group might be just what I need!).......be back later......

the real me
02-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi,
I see now there was also a note of welcome for me from Sue and Marti.....thanks......and thanks for being patient while I figure out how this works.....I got lost in a thread:) ......Have a great day!

Does this have a spell checker? I think addendum may not be correct....:(

Jane
02-16-2007, 11:55 AM
TGIF!

Cristina - your avatar reminds me a the Eagles song, too, like someone else said. Although, the gal in the song was "flying" from something other than a witch's broom, lol. I can't imagine not checking my mail everyday, either. Sometimes out here in the country, it's the highlight of my day, lol. I did have a nice lunch with my friend - she's a good cook, but I kept my portions small.

Jules - wasn't Grey's so very good last night?? I have to admit, although it's just a show, I was glad when the little girl's mom found her. And we all know Meredith will be back from the beyond - I mean, the show is named after her. It was yummy to see Denny again, though.

Jodi - well, I hope you like the cat that you're to meet today. And I hope she likes you, too. Let us know if you've made an addition to your family.

Vann - are you redecorating? What color are you painting the bedroom?

Maggie - a big Jaded Lady's welcome to you! I think you'll like it here for sure, and it seems you're finding your way around. If you haven't already done so, you might want to fill out a bio. No, alas, there's no spell checker here. But you can always put your word into the Google bar, and it will offer you the correct spelling. Usually we don't worry about it, though. Again, welcome to the family.

Sassy - I hope you're enjoying your days off, and that nobody is having you guys do their handy work, lol. You have about 7 left, don't you? Any special plans?

Sue - winter in Indiana is going out like a lion, but I hope it's over by the time you get back.

Marti - aww, we'll miss you this weekend. Have fun and stay warm. If you want to make your own Girl Scout Thin Mints, dip Ritz crackers in melted chocolate mint chips, and mmmmmm! You wouldn't believe how they taste just like the real thing.

Mary Kate - hope you're feeling ok after the procedure yesterday. We're thinking of you. :hug:

I had fun yesterday with my friend, and then I took my bracelets to a jeweler to get the clasps fixed to where I can fasten them by myself. We also went to the fabric store, but I didn't find the right fabric for a quilt for my DGS.

Toodles!

FrouFrou
02-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Just a quick hi from me. Not feeling good at all and will be going back to bed in a few minutes. Was hoping this nasty stuff would stay away from me, ha, fat chance. Even poor little ernie dog has a runny nose.

Anyway, :welcome: Maggie! Nice to have you here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I'll be cleaning all day tomorrow for the open house Sunday, oh joy. So won't be on the computer, unless I decide to take a break-if I even get out of bed, lol.

Take care ladies :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey all,

Well I so far *knocking on wood* have not fallen. lol. Yes the ice on the trees is lovely.......looks like they have glass on them. lol.

I'm not on vacation yet, I still have tonight, tomorrow and Sunday to work, then I start my vacation............:D

I hope your all doing well!

suetalks
02-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi ladies...Lovely day here again. I got in another long walk. Didn't do too bad with food, then (dang it) I ate ice cream.
We are flying home in mid March. Then will most likely come back for a few weeks later.. in the summer. Thinking of putting this place up for sale and doing something else with our winters. Always planning...:)
Hoping to get in a walk in the morning and TRYING to get my portions under control. Why is this so hard for me? This has been a few years of struggle and no real weight loss.
Marti...what can I do to get a new attitude like you did??? Help.

Marti
02-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Evening Ladies--

I thought I would pop in really quick to see how you all are doing. Spent my day at home doing nothing but rest. I'm thinking all my issues are related to my tooth and not a cold or flu....so I canceled my doctors appointment. I see the dentist next week so I figured I'll just save some money by not going to a regular doctor. (I may regret it later who knows?)

Maggie--I've never tried an aerobics class....how do you like it? I think I'm just too self cautious of how I would "look" to others while being in one. Silly isn't it? The classes they have available at the gym at work are during my work hours............no time to join. Take your time in getting to know the area and how it works. We don't mind.

Jane--I will have to try that out sometime. But for a special occasion.....maybe around Jhanai's birthday or something like that. I tend to really focus on what I eat and when I can have a "splurge" day. Not exactly how I got into that routine or actually....why I never done that before!? Take tonight for example.....I decided I would eat the oven fried chicken and some mashed potatoes....I felt so heavy afterwards! (and I didn't eat a lot) I told James that I don't want that dinner anymore.....and that I can't believe I used to make it 2 to 3 times a week!

Cristina--Tomorrow I will be doing the same....cleaning house. I've let it go all this week due to being out of sorts. I'm not liking the way the place is looking!!

Sassy--Two more days!! Hurray for you and hubby!

Sue--I think that my attitude changed just before the holidays. Going in for some blood work and seeing my numbers really had me "listen" to my body. I'm only 36 and I felt 50yrs older......tired all the time, sluggish, frumpy, achey and I started to feel unhappy. I live near a senior housing complex and all the people were so much more active than me! I talked w/my hubby and told him that I needed to start doing something. At least try something for a week and see what happens. When I started to walk, I felt better at the end of the day, when I limited my portions of food to "serving size", I felt more energized. And after one week I felt amazingly good. And I just wanted to continue on with that.So I decided to do another week....then it just became my habit. Keeping a food journal really opened my eyes to what I ate too. SO much junk!!
I've tried lots of different things for exercise and when we got the treadmill......that's what finally had me hooked. It was "my" thing. I love that thing. The gazelle was ok, but I didn't look forward to it, yoga and pilates was ok.....just didn't want to do it....WATP tapes....not the same as actually walking. But something about getting on the treadmill has me excited to get on. Weird, but it does.
I don't know if that helps any, but that's what I've done. I still struggle....this last week has been a bad week for exercise and eating.....but I have also learned that I'll have bad weeks and bad days.....I just need to get right back to it.

Sorry if that was long winded!

Hello to Jodi, Vann, Tammy, Jules, Marykate, and all the rest of you gals!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Did I mention that my hubby bought a part to fix my treadmill?? I'm so excited!! It was suppose to arrive today, but it didn't. So I'm hoping it will tomorrow. If not, I'll have to wait until Monday.

Ok girls, I need to get off of here. You have a good night!

FrouFrou
02-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi ladies...

Taking a quick break from cleaning, got tired of the pinesol smell. I don't normally use it too much but once in a while I will to mop the floors. And so the whole house reeks of it. And that is why I am cleaning today...so it doesn't have that smell tomorrow.

MARTI...hope you get the part today so you can get back to your treadmill.

Better get back to cleaning, oh joy!

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

jules1216
02-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Quick hi again..sorry..we went to my dh's grandpaps 96th bday!!

Michelle
02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
:wave: LADIES~

I haven't been here for quite a long time and wanted to pop in and say hello!;) Little Oreo broke one of her legs last week and she's in a hot pink bandaged mobilizer now for three weeks. She still has gotten a bad cough again, so my DD is taking her back into the vet tomorrow morning. The pet store still has to keep paying her vet bills for the cough and how they treat it. I hope all of you are having a nice weekend!!!:grouphug:

Jane
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - a big "hello" to you, too. Isn't that what your new name means? I've gotten behind in my cleaning and need to get with it! Good luck for your open house tomorrow.

Sassy - the rest of tonight and then tomorrow and then woohoo you're a free lady for quite awhile! Is any of your ice melting? Ours isn't too bad, and we have some warmer temps coming, which will feel like a heat wave.

Sue - are you thinking of Florida for your winters? So many midwesterners go there for the cold months. Neal and I have checked into some of the vacation rental homes, but never have actually made it yet, lol. He keeps getting asked to help teach!

Marti - yay for the new treadmill part being on the way. I'm thinking there might not be any mail Monday, but your part is probably coming Fedex or UPS anyway. I feel the same way as you do about the treadmill. It's my fave.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Yikes, I've had a busy day, and am just now sitting down with some free time. Neal is watching Castaway, and although I've seen it before, I keep taking peeks at it, too. I just love Tom Hanks.

Did I mention I bought a bread machine to make my own multi-grain bread? I have tried to make bread from scratch, and I just don't do a very good job. Anyway, I can't wait to have bread with no added preservatives, and to be able to have the kind of seeds and such that we like baked into our bread.

Gotta run...

Jane
02-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I got called away from the computer, so it took me quite awhile to write my post and didn't see Jules and Michelle come in!

Jules - good to see you! Happy Birthday to your grandpa!

Michelle - aww, poor Oreo! I hope she'll be ok soon. A hot pink mobilizer? Oh, how sweet!

Sassy_Chick
02-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey all,

Well we got some more snow, it just began snowing when we got off of work early this morning and it was still snowing when we got up today! We got a good 5-6 inches! Not a lot, but for here and for the few hours that is quite a bit.

Ice is still around. Here is the link if you would like to see pictures of the ice storm of our area, just click on Take a look at this weekend's photos from all over the area and you can flip through:

Ice Storm Photos (http://www.wlwt.com/news/10817529/detail.html)

Only 1 day 30 hours 1811 minutes 108670 seconds until VACATION! :woohoo:

Bandmom1011
02-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Well I wrote a big long message last night and I thought it didn't go thru and gave up and sure enough it's not here.

Got more snow last night and today. Got stuck at the end of the driveway today when of course I was running late to taking dd to a bowling party. Finally got out though and I bowled for 2 hrs. Sure could feel my sore abs! lol

Anyhow, my husband's brother called and said he bought a snowblower (why I don't know cause his driveway and house are in the woods and running east and west and totally blocked so I don't see how he would have any snow to blow. Which he must not cause he called to ask if he could come here tomorrow and do our driveway so he can use it. It is so beyond me why other people in my husband's family always have what we need and they don't need it themselves. And I swear this is the first time anyone has offered us help with what they have! He said he wanted to try it out and he didn't have any amt of snow for it.
Just like my inlaws the other day. We can't get out and they came by (after the plow had been down our road) in their 4 wheel drive truck and sat in the road and watched us shovel 2-3 feet of snow!
Don't even get me started on that family!!!!

Jane- we met the cat and she was "the one". We brought her home last night. She is so sweet and very friendly. We have a health checkup on Monday afternoon and will be scheduling her spay if she gets the all clear on her health. :-) Her name is Emma

tommysgirl18
02-18-2007, 06:13 AM
hello ladies!

we are back up and running online now, so I will be on here more often!

hello to all the new members that might not know me. My name is Mindee. I am married to Tommy, and we will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary on May 11th. we have two sons, Brandon who will be 3 in April and Logan who will be 2 in October. we are expecting baby number 3 at the beginning of May. if I left anything out, feel free to ask me.

to the ladies that have been on here since I was on here before, hello to you all! I was going to try and catch up on everything since I last posted in September of last year, but I need to get some sleep. actually I probably shouldn't be on right now, but I had to jump on and send a message before I forgot again!

I will talk to you all soon!

vannh9
02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Hello to ALL ...boy we are growing and it is so exciting :carrot:

I've missed you guys :hug: Friday night I had guest and I made the Seafood Lasagna..it is truly fabulous..they didn't leave until 11:00..my DS was a the Monster truck pull...he said it was great~ Must be a guy thing.

And yesterday--I just was tired...ate crummy...and slept and ate worse...I don't know if it is just the winter blues..but definitley the worst I have eaten since I started! I almost gave into the guilt and remorse..and then I remember I have to paint..and and then this morning I weighed and through it all I lost 1.4 lbs...pretty amazing considering what I ate yesterday. I am feeling a bit better and am looking forward to doing a little home improvement transformation..it always helps my spirit -not to mentions my muscles...:)

Maggie--Welcome...this is the greatest site on 3fc...yep--I am biased, but these ladies are truly terrific. We look forward to getting to know you better!

Sassy-So Sorry to hear about he Ice..we are very familiar with Ice in NC and it is horrible. So far we have been spared this year..hugs to you! Stay Safe!!:hug:

Marti...Well my unhealthy eating trend continued..even while keeping my grandson....I found myself nodding and waking up and eating. Maybe I needed the rest and food..I don't know...But I am feeling much better this morning. I know I will be glad when the weather gets warmer and we can go outside!!

Jane- I am painting one wall Burgundy and the rest of the room a deep sage. This is the guest room and I have lots of antiques that were hand me down and they are beautiful, but I don't decorate with antiques much so I am hoping the colors will pull it all together. Hope you have had a great weekend..I have missed you guys!

Christina-- I bet you have the cleanest house. I am hoping when I am done painting I can get some cleaning in to make my house feel peaceful..When it is messing it makes me crazy, but I have a ton of kids here last night including my grandson..so there is stuff EVERYWHERE :dizzy:

Hi Jules Wow..96 is OLD..I am hoping you had fun...it is so neat to know that we have people in our life with that much history and wisdom.

Michele--Oh poor Oreo..he will be in our prayers again...I know that he will be such a great dog once he overcomes all his challenges....Take Care

Jodi-So Sorry about all the crazy weather you are having. BUT I can't wait to see pictures of your new addition! Emma is a beautiful name...please post a pic soon!

Marti
02-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

My part for the treadmill didn't come in....so I'm hoping it will tomorrow....but maybe not since it's presidents day, I can't remember if FedEx works or not.....

Vann--Cold dreary weather really puts a damper on moods doesn't it? (I'm actually looking forward to the daylight savings time......more daylight during the day!) If you're tired.....sleep is the best thing ever! At least for me it's been great. I've pretty much slept most of my weekend. Today is the first day I've felt "normal".

Mindee--Hello and congratulations on baby 3. Do you know if you're having a girl this time?? Keep us posted! Good to see ya again!

Jodi--They just sat in their truck and watched??? I would've started making snowballs and tossing them their way! :lol: Family can be hard to understand. I have some that are very financially set.....or at least live that way. (which is what I expect) and they do the same....buy the newest gadget out there but don't need it. I'll never understand that. I hope the weather starts warming up for you so you won't have to shovel anymore snow.

Sassy--Last night and you're on vacation.

Jane--I love the smell of homemade bread! We have a breadmaker too....I have never made any bread in it. James does that.....I just feel like I'll mess up and it'll come out in dough form still! :lol: He mainly uses it to get a start for the cheeserolls he makes.....they're sooooooo good. But he hasn't made any since before the holidays....very sweet of him to not make it unless it's a treat. (Jhanai's favorite though....)

Michelle--Awww....poor little Oreo. Why is the pet store paying for the vet bill? I think it's great that they are, was just curious. Love the photo of her...she's getting big.

Jules--How wonderful to be celebrating 96 yrs!! I bet he has wonderful stories of his life to tell!!

Cristina--Hope you find a buyer today. Your house must be spotless. You'd have a heart attack if you came to my house....it's all in a disarray.....tried moving things around and just gave up....James is fighting a really bad cold.

Which leads me to say that it's time for me to get this house into shape. I've got furniture pulled out and boxes of useless stuff laying around.

You all have a great day and Hello to all the gals I've missed!! :wave:

Bandmom1011
02-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Marti Yep, they just sat there and watched and then my hubby told them when we got out we were going to get something to eat cause after all that work we deserved it. And they asked him if he wanted to go eat with them, saying by the time you get back they (meaning me and our 2 kids) would have it dug out. That ticked me off, but just as I was opening my mouth my hubby said I don't think that would go over very well! And so glad to hear that you are getting your treadmill fixed! Yeahhh :cheer2:

Hi Mindee- I'm Jodi. I am fairly new, but I try and check in every day. I hope that you will have time (and energy) to check in often so I can get to know you. Congrats on baby #3.

Cristina Hope you are feeling better and that you get a buyer for your house today.

My brother in law came and did the snowblowing. It is so much better out there now. :-) Sun is out and the temps don't feel too bad even though it's only 18* Not much going on here today. Gotta catch up on the laundry is about it. :-)

Sassy_Chick
02-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey all........

Well tonight is the last night, only 6 more hours and my vacation begins! :woohoo:

FrouFrou
02-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Hello ladies...

VANN...you sound just like me! I have been the same way over the weekend, sleeping and eating. Actually, though I don't think I did so bad with the food but trying to stay awake is a whole 'nuther story. I don't know why I have been so sleepy. Your colors sound so pretty, two of my favorite colors. We have green everywhere I swear! I had a pink and burgundy bathroom but changed it when we painted the bedroom green, not sure why. I miss my pink bathroom.

JODI...for the life of me I will never understand in-laws. When my sister got married at the ripe old age of 16 I swear she had the best in-laws. They were the sweetest people and were always around our family. Even when my sister & BIL divorced they were still there, great grandparents to my nephews. Of course I got the worst ones ever, both times, lol! Okay, so is that your new kitty and your doggy in your avatar? They are so cute! We went to the park today and after I walked Ernie (he doesn't go far or for long, poops out fast) we watched all the other dogs, sooooo cute!

MINDEE...long time, no see missy! Glad to have you back! And hope to see more of you. Hey, maybe the third one will be born on the 12th, lol. The 11th would be good too. ;) Are you hoping for a girl this time? Well, :congrat: on number 3!

JULES...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH's grandpa! :hat: :bday2you:

MICHELLE...glad Oreo is doing better. And glad to see you posing here. And I hope you had a GREAT weekend too!

JANE...I love my bread maker too! Josh bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago and man, there is nothing like homemade bread! Yummy to my tummy. I don't use it as often now though.

MARTI...I'm pretty sure FedEx and UPS work tomorrow. I think about the only days they take off is for Thanksgiving and Christmas, around here anyway. Hope you get it tomorrow. And hope James gets to feeling better soon. I've had it and it's no fun.

SASSY...woohoo! Almost time for vacation. :carrot: :cb: :dance: :dancer: Hope you guys enjoy your time off!

HI MAGGIE...hope all is well with you.

And HI to everyone else, SUE, KATHY, MARYKATE, TAMMY and anyone I missed. :wave:

Okay, so not much going on. We went to the park today to waste 2 hours while the open house was open, lol. My house cleaning work was a waste of time. Our open house was a flop! Not one person showed up...they were probably at the park, lol. It was a very nice day and I think everyone just needed to get out. Was 60 today but with the wind it was a little chilly. Hoping to go exercise tomorrow, not sure. This cold is horrible and to top it off TOM decided to pay a freaking visit! Really going to mess up my WI tomorrow for sure. Oh well, what can you do? Tomorrow is a new day so gotta keep on truckin'. Hope everyone had a great weekend! :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-19-2007, 12:24 AM
just a quick post to say hello again.

Marti~ we do not know if this one is a girl. We have tried numerous times to find out, and since the last attempt was a bust, we decided not to find out until the baby is born.

Vann~ hello, it is nice to meet you. I hope to get to know you better.

Jodi~ It is good to meet you. I am going to try and check in daily, if not every other day. The time, really isn't an issue, it is the energy that I have to contend with.

Sassy~ have fun on your vacation!

Jules~ Happy birthday to your DH's grandpa. My DH's grandma will be 90 in September.

Cristina~ The 12th will work as well. We have a neice, a friend and my sister's boyfriend who already have that day as a birthday. since my family is so big, it seems like the newest members pick days that are already taken and by members that have passed on. yeah, we are hoping for a girl this time....especially tommy! Brandon and Logan are complete hellians and typical boys, all at the same time, so Tommy says he wants a girl since he was told I was a nice and calm baby. I will be happy either way.

Sassy_Chick
02-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Thanks Ladies..........

I think my ticker is off, it says I have already "Left" for my vacation and I still have 1 hour and 30 minutes to go yet! lol. It also says I'm in Paradise. LOL. I wish! lol.

Marti
02-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Hi girls!

Just a quicky here since it's past my bedtime and I feeling tired.

A message for Jane & Cristina:
Your pages are done!!!!:carrot:

And after I got them done I looked at them and thought: "Now why in the world did it take me so long to do such simple pages??" Then I remembered.....printer issues. It wasn't hooked up!

Now I need to change the ink in the printer.....so if any of the photos look a little funky, I was starting to get low.

Anyway....I will mail them Tuesday before work.

Off to bed I go. I will catch up w/the rest of you in the morning.

Night

Chances93
02-19-2007, 08:35 AM
hi my name is laura and i have struggled with weight all my life, i am glad all of you are here. Thanks Laura

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar010/fireworks01/lb/195/150/195/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Jane
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Laura - a big :welcome: to you! I think you'll like it here - the gals are very sweet and so encouraging. We're like cyber sisters. I'm looking forward to knowing you better, and you're welcome to fill out a bio whenever you want.

Sassy - woohoo! Enjoy your hard-earned days off. The weather is supposed to warm up quite a bit which would be nice for you. I think it's supposed to be windy, though, so you might want to go buy a kite, lol.

Jodi - congrats on the new addition to your family. Is Emma settling in ok? Hope all goes well at the health checkup today.

Mindee - good to see you! I'm expecting a grandson just about the same time your baby is due. When you get some extra time, would you fill out a new bio?

Vann - yay for 1.4 pounds lost! :cp: Ohhhhh, burgandy and sage will look so nice with the antiques.

Marti - I can barely wait for the pages to be sent, and I just know I'm going to love them. I've been working on Spring cleaning, too, but have to admit that since everything is brand new and we've only lived here 10 months, things are easy to clean. But still, I want to keep everything nice. Like Cristina said, I betcha UPS and FedEx are both working today. My fingers are crossed that you'll get your treadmill part.

Cristina - sorry about the open house, but it sounds like you had fun in the park anyway. I baked a loaf of white bread just to see how the machine works, and Neal is scarfing that down like you wouldn't believe! I told him to not get used to it, lol, since I always buy whole wheat or multigrain bread. I'll be making a loaf of the multigrain today, and here's hoping it turns out. I bought some sunflower seeds and sesame seeds to add to it, too.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Wow, the weekend just flew by! Today I need to mop my kitchen and dining room floors, do a load of towels, and will be cleaning out the fridge, too. Some of the stuff in there looks like a science project. :o I don't have to go anywhere today, and I'm glad about that. Sheesh! Seems like all I've done is run.

My weight is up a bit again this week, and so I am following the WW Quick Start this week and plan to step up the exercise. Wish me luck and sanity while following it, ok? :dizzy:

BBL, :hug:

Jane
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
DonnaD - this is the right place, and I'm hoping to see you posting here with us. Just jump in when you feel comfortable, ok? :)

DonnaD69
02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
What an awesome idea...support group online. Not only that, but it's FREE!! Whoo hoo! I am in Ontario, Canada. No snow today, but I hear tonight. We are having an extremely "weird" winter here. Not as much cold as we usually get, or snow for that matter, but watching everyone in the U.S. just get dumped on. Wow.

Anyways, thanks for the emails everyone and have a great day!

Donna

Marti
02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Just another quicky this morning....I'm cutting it close to having to get to work.

WI today......gained .5lbs. Not as bad as I thought. Could have been worse. So I'm not upset over it. Will do better this week!

I will catch up with you all after work. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs! :hug:

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Sassy- I guess paradise is a state of mind- haha. Your ticker is just trying to give you a positive thought! Ha

Marti- Good news- Fed Ex is running today- I saw a driver out today. That treadmill part is just a step away.

Laura- WELCOME!!! I am glad you found us. This is a great group of ladies- so supportive. Dive right in and keep posting!! I can't wait to get to know you.

Mindee- Hope you get some energy. I can remember having 2 small ones and it's tiring. Never had a pregnancy with 2 small ones, so I can only imagine what you are dealing with. :-) Just get your rest and everything will be ok.

Jane- Emma is settling in better than I expected. Her and the dog have come to an understanding I think. The dog is no longer hovering. My son was the one who wanted her least and she likes him best. Lucky for me he went to a friends for the night (last night) and so Emma sat on my lap for like 3 hrs while I watched tv. She was cuddling me and it felt good- haha.

Donna- A big welcome to you too!!! I am glad you made your way here, you will fit right in, all you have to do is start posting! I am mom to 2 teenagers, married for almost 17 yrs and live in the middle of nowhere, Indiana. I am on my 2nd round of WW, in my 6th week.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE I HAVE MISSED

As for me... can you believe it????? I actually FINALLY lost 1.0 this week!!!! whoohooo.... I have had 2 weeks of maintaining. And get this, it is even TOM and I LOST. Of course then I think what would I have lost if TOM wasn't here. We talked about negative self talk at the meeting today. I am going to try and concentrate on neg. self talk this week and recognize when I do it.
Anyhow, I must say that I have the GREATEST exercise/support buddy. She has faithfully emailed me everyday this week and encouraged me! I believe that part of my success this week is thanks to her commitment to me. I know that even the little bit of exercise (from nothing at all!) I committed to last week helped with that weight loss. I am comitting to more (I went over my committment last week) and I even put an exercise ticker in my signature this week to help push me.

Getting ready to take the kitty in for her health checkup. She has a runny eye, I am hoping it's just a cold, if not I am hoping that a little antibiotic will clear it up. She is so friendly and loving, I hope there are no health issues so I don't have to take her back.

I will check back later, have a good day ladies

FrouFrou
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Hello ladies...

VANN...first, I am sorry I missed that you had a weight loss :doh: Don't know where my head is lately. :bravo: on the 1.4 lbs down! :woohoo:

JODI...same to you...:bravo: on the pound down! :carrot: :carrot: Just think, it may be a little more lost since you started TOM. And WTG on the exercise all week! :woohoo: Keep up the good work missy!

Hello and :welcome: Laura! Glad to have ya here and looking forward to getting to know you.

JANE...I can smell the bread cooking, lol. You're making me want to make some but I can't. I packed up the bread maker and my crock pot, ugh! Wishing you lots of luck on a better week this week! :goodvibes:

MARTI...:woohoo: I can't wait to get the page! And I know they are gorgeous! Hopefully you get the part for your treadmill today! :crossed:

DONNA...glad to see you found us! We too have been having weird weather. It had been so cold lately and yesterday it was 60, today it is supposed to be 64 and by the end of the week 70. Then they are calling for snow on the weekend, huh?

MINDEE...you sound like me. When I was pregnant with #3 everyone asked what I wanted or if I wanted a girl that time. I told them it didn't matter. And they said, as long as it is healthy right? Take care of yourself while chasing those boys around. I had my first three back to back almost. The 2 boys are 20 months apart and then #2 and DD are 23 months apart...it was easier for me that way.

SASSY...well, by now you and hubby are on vacation, woohoo! Enjoy your time off together!

Trying to make this a quick one. I need to go jump in the shower and get ready for WW later. I woke up with a horrible headache but I forced myself to go to It Figures anyway. Was hoping that it would be better after but with each movement it just got worse. I really need to quit sleeping with a second pillow, that is what is doing it. I fall asleep the wrong way and feel it in my neck but I keep doing it. Anyway, managed a mile walk as well. It is so windy outside. But, I am hoping to go to the park tomorrow and do a walk there since it is going to be warm again...I can't wait for spring!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!:hug:

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Well back from the vet. My new baby got a perfect bill of health. Vet says that she is about a year old. He said that he doesn't see why she has a runny eye, no infection, no apparent reason and he wiped it and examined and said for me to just keep wiping her fur for her and not to worry about it. No fleas, clean ears and good teeth, who could ask for more? lol

She goes next week (tues)to have her front claws removed and to be spayed. My girl is here to stay!!!! yippee

vannh9
02-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Hello to EVERYONE!!

Pretty boring Presidents day for me..I did go buy and outfit for my trip this week. I am in Nashville, TN for the day on Wednesday..in and out...I won't get home until midnight, but at least I sleep in my bed:-)

Marti- I was definitley sore from the painting..in fact I didn't want to get out of bed, but shopping helped get my muscles moving again. I will still turn in early tonight..I am BEAT!

Sassy--I hope you find true paradise and I hope love your definition of "vacation"--Can't wait to hear all about it!

Mindee--Hello to you too..I look forward to getting to know you better!

WELCOME to Laura and Donna-- I love these girls here..the inspiration is incredible and the way everyone accepts everyone elses ups and downs..Look forward to getting to know you better too!!

Jodi- Congrats on your loss!!!!! and looking forward to seeing you new addition!

Christina- The colors turned out better than I thought. It is so hard to pick a color from a little bitty swatch and know what it is going to look like on a wall, but this was a good one. It is not uncommon for me to paint...take a look at it and know I will redo it in a year (LOL)

Jane-Thank you for the kudos! Many Blessings and Much luck sent your way!! Without your constant input and participation here, I would have felt as if I had really missed something special!!! Hugs your way!

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 10:47 PM
my picture on my post is my new cat, Emma and my dog Ginger.
:-)

I tried the Yoga dvd tonight. My goodness! It doesn't look like much when the lady is doing it, but it sure isn't as easy as she makes it look- at least for someone who isn't limber! I actually liked it though and was bummed when the credits came on, I could have kept going.

I have a lot of back aches and there were a few moves that made my back feel SOOOO good.

Anyhow it was much better than Sweatin' to the oldies or tae bo, that's for sure. I may have found something I can do!

Marti
02-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Ok girls....We've reached 50....lets head on over to #235!!

See ya there!