Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - The new sauce at old spaghetti factory:warning

ennay
02-13-2007, 02:12 PM
If you ever go to OSF (and I do fairly often) they have just revamped their menu and now you get a choice of marinara based sauce or I think it is "tuscan" sauce.

The verbal description "spicier than the marinara"

The written description -roma tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic (not a direct quote)

The actuality is that the sauce is extremely sweet (and no spicier) - there has to be even more sugar in that sauce than in the marinara. - they havent added it to their online nutrition list yet.

It was so disgustingly sweet I sent it back. It tasted more like a salad dressing than a spaghetti sauce.

AquaWarlock
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Even though OSF is fairly close to work, I rarely go (maybe once every 2-3 months) because I don't expect anything served there to be diet friendly at all, yummy as most dishes are.

In any case, I don't think anything tops the artery-clogging scale of their delish but SO fattening brown butter & mizthra cheese "sauce".

ennay
02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Even though OSF is fairly close to work, I rarely go (maybe once every 2-3 months) because I don't expect anything served there to be diet friendly at all, yummy as most dishes are.

In any case, I don't think anything tops the artery-clogging scale of their delish but SO fattening brown butter & mizthra cheese "sauce".

but this new sauce wasnt even yummy--it was disgusting! Agree the mizithra cheese is great, although it is too rich for me to eat much of.

The spaghetti with mushroom sauce isnt too terrible as meals go, especially if you get the minestrone which is pretty filling, I dont usually finish my dinner.

Ilene
02-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Good for you for sending it back !