Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat Thread - Feb 12 - 18, 2007

Froufy
02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Some nice clean pages to 'chat' on.

I am of course home today - woke up feeling WORSE - all congested and today my throat also hurts! Taking contac c and lozenges - and had a nice steamy shower which seemed to help. (and leaving my hair dry natural and curly! - no blow dryer!)

Vickie - batten down the hatches - hope the storm isn't too bad - I am getting very nervous for my trip as a suddent storm here (or in Chicago - yes I am flying thru chicago again) would be problematic. I am flying down a day ahead so hopefully this allows time for any weather issues!

Cold here but the sun is shining very brightly!

My 'project' today is to figure out this japanese mp3 player thing and try to load it up. When little ds got his new glasses (xmas time) they had a promotion - giving away a free mp3 player! He gave it to 'mom' - such a lovely child.

I have printed out the 32 page instruction manual - and have to read it - and figure out how to get my favorite songs (supposedly can get 500 on this tiny thing) on there so I can enjoy them while I travel (yes Vickie - Wicked will be the first thing to go on there :D).

Wish me luck (at least dh is home if I need any 'techie' help!)

Froufie

thingirlinside
02-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Good Morning ladies, had a busy weekend. Remember I mentioned that my brother gave us 3 days notice that he was giving his wife a 40th surprise party, well the late morning of the day of the party my mom called and told me the party was cancelled. I am all dressed and the kids have their coats on and we are ready to leave to go into the city. The kids would get very upset if I told them that we are not going to see grandma so I head into the city to spend the day with my mom. The party was cancelled because something to do with her family. Yesterday I went through about 13 50 gallon storage boxes full of old toys & crap and threw everything out. I am on a mission to clean out my basement. Some stuff I will donate. I am so tired today, I need groceries so I went online to Stop & shop ordered my food for the week and it will be delivered tomorrow, how convenient is that, Only $6.95 for delivery and well worth it not to have to bring my dd and lug all the groceries into the house. When I shop I shop for the whole week so it is alot of bags.
I will be back in a bit, I have to clean house and do laundry and my little princess wants her bath, she loves them.

Vickie we are suppose to get that same storm, we don't know how much yet, depends on how close it is to the coastline. good luck today!

Froufy hope you feel better!

Katpo
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Good morning! I can't believe it's nearly noon and I just now am posting.

Frouf, you poor doll! I *knew* that man should have gone to the doctor sooner! I hope you give him major heck about this! Fortunately the timing is such that you should be well over it by cruise time.

Niki, I'm glad you went anyway. And how cool about the groceries! We had one store here that did it, but they stopped at the first of the year. It wasn't anywhere I shopped anyway but in a pinch it would have been quite nice.

Everyone stay warm! Vickie, good luck at the cardiologist today. :hug:

I just found out we might be going to dinner with Judd's friend for his birthday. Wherever it is, I'm having salmon because the power of suggestion (thanks, Frouf) has gotten to me. Now hopefully my dinner won't be skimpy anymore! :o I couldn't think of anything that sounded good last night when I posted, so I put in something I like AND have in the fridge.

I'm going to go get some hummus after work to have with my vegetables; Target has a brand (can't recall what it is, though) that should be Core. It's just ground garbanzo beans, olive oil, and spices. No tahini or anything else, but it's very good. I can always eat it with my Kashi TLC crackers (for 2 pts).

Okay, gotta go. Someone needs something (as usual).

Froufy
02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Geez Kathy - you can have my salmon - I am certainly not in the mood for it! ha ha ha. Had a huge VAT of chicken soup w/2 matzo balls - then of course couldn't resisit the LO SALTY POPCORN! So I munched on that as well. Now chewing gum and drinking water (that'll teach me).

Dh going to ds' school to meet with one of the teachers (seems he is helping out in the class next week - something about teaching kids electro magnetic stuff?). I am thinking I shall cook the salmon while he is gone! It will be out of the fridge (and I will no longer feel bad about it sitting there) and ready for whoever wants it (oh mom - you know we don't like salmon - why don't you cook something everyone likes!) I'm sure dh can thro together some veggies when required.

I have some hb eggs in the fridge and will probably have that for dinner - just don't feeling like eating anything major today (enjoy it while it lasts :D).

Niki - too bad about the short notice for the party - I guess it was some kind of famly emergency? Hope you had a nice visit w/your mom and that you dd is enjoying her bath (w/bubbles I presume?). Love the idea of shopping online and having it delivered - I'm sure they have something like that around here but have never really investigated this option - sounds very convenient!

Have to drive dd to and from dance class tonight (dh jamming) I'm in my 'daywear' and shall not change (black sweat pants, ls baby blue winnie the pooh t-shirt) - just there and back I guess! (might pick up a coffee tho to keep warm!).

Time for more meds! (as I sit here w/my box of tissues!)

Later

Frouf

p.a.
02-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi folks,
Thingirl, I live in a small town that still delivers for free,,mind you we have to either phone in our order or go there and have it delivered. Its a mom and pop store, so they do everything to keep our business. I should mention the internet thing tothe owners..how cool would that be.. I heard on the news this morning that a place in New York got over 11 feet of snow in two weeks?? holy crap and expecting more again. That sucks

Kathy Im glad you added some salmon to your dinner and hummus..I should try the pineapple and cottage cheese though. sounds lke something I would like.

Frouf take care of that cold.....bundle up!! try a mustardplaster on your chest and BUCKLEYS!! tastes awful but it works..hah(thats their slogan for those who havnt seen their commercials)

How is that low sodium ketchup Vickie? Ive been putting my food into fitday to check on sodium and fat grams , carbs, proteins etc.. Its amazing how much salt is in food these days. Even diet pop?? cant figure that one out at all but does explain when I drink it, I get thirstier.

Ok just waiting till my chicken is ready,,,have a good day everyone!

thingirlinside
02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Patti I know, that amount of snow is insane thatthey got in upstate NY I believe Oswego near Albany and they are going to get hit with another storm!
I hope we don't get too much, so far so good this year!

septembersgoal
02-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Girls I am SO excited. I went to WW tonight and lost 4.6 pounds!!!!!! Talk about motivating!!!!!

thingirlinside
02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Way to go Melissa, Congratulations!!!

ontarget
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
melissa, that's the best news i've heard in a long long time. way to go, girl!!! :woohoo:

Katpo
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Good going, Melissa!! You sound very excited as well you should be!

I had to go by the store after work to get some brown rice and wheat bread for Judd so decided to get myself my favorite lunch food: whole wheat pita, turkey breast and swiss cheese. Looks like I'll be doing SuperFoods Flex this week. I get 18 pts which doesn't seem like much but I'm so used to eating lower calorie/fat foods that sometimes it's hard to get up to 18 pts. I got the teeny boxes of raisins, some hummus, and small (4 oz.?) boxes of grape Juicy Juice. It's 100% juice with no sugar added, so qualifies as a SF.

Scale this morning was still in the 138s but hopefully by Thursday I will have moved into the 137s.

We didn't go out tonight because the friend decided he just wanted to go to the bar/grill place near work instead of dinner. I didn't want to be there so Judd went with him. I ate enough at work today to hold me; I plan to go to bed early anyway.

septembersgoal
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank you!!!
Podna, I'm trying to catch up with you. ;)

coco99
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi Everybody.
Just checking in real quick.
I went to WW tonight. Wasnt good. Gained a pound.
So will just have to watch better this week. and start writing down what I eat. I guess I bite it. I write it.

FROUFY Hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you.

VICKIE Did you have your appt with your Dr. Hope it went well.

STEMPERSGOAL YEAH with the loss. That is wonderful. YOU GO GIRL.

Well am going to get off here.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
We are suppose to be in a winter storm watch from now until Wed morn. Suppose to get 4-8 inches of snow. Plus some freezing rain and sleet. YUCK. so went to the store and stocked up on some stuff. Got some stuff to make soup.
Night everyone
Coco

Tejas
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi....late posting; long day.

Melissa....fantastic! Good for you.

Coco....stick to it. One pound isn't much. It can be gone soon.

Everybody stay warm and snug, out of the cold weather.

We had a reception at work today and I was not good. I must get back to it. I have a note on the refrigerator to get serious again. I might be staying home all day tomorrow to work from home and that will help with the control.

Rhonda

Froufy
02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Coco - stay warm - we have also 'heard' about the blizzard coming - I hope it will miss us? We don't really need any more snow - thank you very much! Soup is a great idea in the winter - I love making soups!

Niki - are you also expecting the snow?

Melissa - AMAZING LOSS - way to go! You must feel fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Vickie - where are you? How was your appt this afternoon? Hope you are home relaxing!

Kathy - love your lunch combo food (as I sit here hungry!). Yes I actually HAD the salmon for dinner after I cooked it - very tiny piece w/baked potato and some canned peas (okay it was the best I could do!). I am hungry now but hoping not to indulge.

Drank VATS of liquid today - to help w/sickness and flushing away those pounds :D - about 2 litres of water, plus the soup, tea, coffee etc - I am floating to the bathroom very frequently.

Now got yet ANOTHER package in the mail from Ray - a very heavy one - and I was thrilled with even more presents - He sent me The Grimmerie - which, if you are a Wicked fan (Vickie you can relate) is this huge book - made to look old/antique - with all sort of pics, info, music, storylines, etc from the Wicked musical - it is AMAZING! and I love it! (also send me a CD of "into the woods" - another musical, and some stuffed animals!).

Now ladies - are you at all concerned about the number of gifts/packages I am receiving from Ray? Now he is obviously a wonderful and very GENEROUS friend and I LOVE the presents - but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed? And while dh is not saying anything - he believes that he obviously has the $$ and willingness to send presents - I think he is also wondering about this? I of course love all the attention (as most froufs do) but starting to feel the need to 'pay him back' (yes I did send him a $25 starbucks gift card after the whole 'shirt' fiasco). I guess I shall try to cover the dinner at the supper club on the cruise?

Now while my nose feels a bit better my throat feels awful - slimy like and starting to burn a bit! Hurts a bit when I swallow and I expect it won't be much better in the morning? I am about to take the nightime meds and another anti bacterial lozenge but I am not optimistic. I do hate to miss another day of work! But I shall see how I feel in the morning!

Stay warm!

Frouf

Vickie
02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks. Great news....heart tests came back good. Some slight thickening from my BP being high but nothing that can't be resolved with better pressure management. He changed my medicine again and told me to check in the with Internist in a month or sooner if I need to. He also wants my thryroid rechecked even though I told him it had been checked fairly recently. I don't get that but...ok. He also wants me to go for the Heartcheck America test to see if there is Coronary heart disease although he doesn't suspect there is any. He says I can wait until I resolve this whole issue and I feel better. Of course, insurance won't pay for it but I don't mind.

So now the search continues for why I feel so crummy. Next is a chest/lung CT scan.

Hey....at least my heart is good, right?! He says I can exercise and that I should be shooting for 1-2 hours of some type of continuous movement daily. Wow. I guess I need to get back to that 45 minutes of treadmill daily....at least.

Melissa, huge congratulations on your loss! You must be SO pleased. I guess you are really getting some benefit from those meetings and having people to work the program with. I'm very, very, happy for you.

Our snow has started. Only time will tell if it will turn into the blizzard they are predicting. Meanwhile we are tucked in.

Have a great onprogram day.

thingirlinside
02-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Great news Vickie, I am so happy for you!! :hug:
We are getting the same storm, they still don't know if we will get all snow or a wintery mix, so far they are calling for 2-4 inches but that could change.
Will be back in a bit have to get ds ready for school and then I have to run to Walmart to get Valentine cards for ds to bring to class and a box of chocolates for his teacher and a card for dh, there may be no school tomorrow but I still wants to be prepared.

Niki

Vickie
02-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Frouf...you got the Grimmerie?! Cool. I'd love to look at it. Ray sounds like a great guy. I just have one important question......are you SURE he's gay?:D ;)

aghiowa
02-13-2007, 08:35 AM
:lol: Good question Vickie. :)

And congrats on the clean bill of health from the cardiologist. wonderful news!

Melissa, way to go on the great loss! Woo hoo! :woo:

I will probably use my non-weigh pass this week, as TOM is looming, and I don't want to jeopardize my recently regained Lifetime status. :D

We're getting the snowstorm now...it's blowing around like crazy. I was hoping for school cancellation, but we got a 2 hour delay. Oh well, more time to get ready at least. I have to go grocery shopping today, as we are out of just about everything.

Later,
Angela

Froufy
02-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Morning chickies,

Yes I am still at home - feeling crappy still - left side of my head is completedly stuffed - can't breathe - big sinus PRESSURE (yes headache) and sore throat - I do think the antibacterial lozenges helped and I'm glad I was taking them yesterday - need some hot tea or something! DD also home sick today (says her throat hurts? sounds familiar!)

Vickie - I am THRILLED to hear your heart is as wonderful as you are and we have nothing major to worry about! Hope all other tests have good results. I'm sure you are feeling so much better now? (at least mentally?). When do you go for the lung/ct scan?

Niki - yes luckily when out shopping on weekend I passed by the 'valentine's card' area and picked something up for dd (yes even at 15 she wanted cards - got her Hello Kitty - fuzzy ones - very pleased with this) - and of course ds wanted ones w/candy! (found cards w/heart shaped lollipops attached!). So we are READY!

Tomorrow at work is our valentine's day 'event' (postponed from our xmas event/lunch which never took place!). We are going out for lunch (Kelsey's) and then to 'glow in the dark' mini golf - I have my outfit picked out already (white t-shirt - I gotta glow! - with pink/burgundy hearts in center w/matching socks of course :D). Also going out for dinner w/dh - need to at least pick up a card for him and a gift? (maybe starbucks card and some chocolate?). Dreading the thursday morning weigh in! ha ha ha

Vickie - The Grimmerie is AMAZING - had a chance to glance thru it a bit last night - it is such a beautiful book - (made to look old/antique!) - lots of great pics - copies of draft notes, some of the score - the story - I just love it! As for this:Ray sounds like a great guy. I just have one important question......are you SURE he's gay? Well I'm pretty sure according to his 'life story' - how he discovered his 'orientation' (about 10 years ago) - and that he is in a 'committed' relationship - with his partner - 7 years now (they had some sort of ceremony). My gf (who has more experience in such things) says gay guys LOVE hanging out w/straight women - I do like his company - we get along great - altho for all intents and purposes those that see us together and 'don't know' will 'wrongly' assume we are a couple - I presume this will not bother him? I know I am married and 'safe' w/Ray so it suits my purposes too. I'm pretty sure I'm not 'his type" :D:D:D

Frouf

P.S.. okay when I blow my nose my right ear hurts? this does not sound good!!!

Tejas
02-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Morning All:

Vickie, we are all so happy to hear your news. One or two hours of continuous movement. Wow. Then, you'll have to become our exercise leader (the pressure's on now!).

With regard to Frouf and her friend, friendships between gay men and straight women have been known for as long as anyone cared about what anyone else did with in bed. I've been friends with a number of gay men over my lifetime, and one of my closest friends is an older gay man. For women, at least, there are no presumptions about friendships and expectations of sex, and the men enjoy the same thing, I imagine. I just need to find such a generous friend! ;)

It is only 3 F here today. I am lucky that I don't have to go in to the office. I'm :comp: the report that won't end; checking out the community center; and, shopping for groceries. More snow is forecast, and the sky is grey....brrrr.

I've decided that I must reduce my calories because the weight seems to be just stuck on. It reminds me of the wallpaper that DH is having a heck of a time removing! It just doesn't want to come off.

So, that means back to counting carefully. It seems to be all that works for me (plus, ahem, moving more.) That treadmill needs a wider track so we can all get on it together! What an image :joker:

Have a good OP day!

Rhonda

Katpo
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Froufs are not supposed to feel this awful! :hug: Should you try to call/visit the doctor?

Awesome news, Vickie! I know how relieved you must be to hear it! Now if they can eliminate these things one at a time, hopefully they'll zero in on what's causing the problem.

Well, I walked in to a mini stack of changes that they're wanting to see soon, so I guess I'd better get with it. I'll be back in a little while.

Everybody stay warm!

Vickie
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Frouf, I had to ask! Since you're sure he's gay and there is no threat to your marital relationship....then I say relax and enjoy the fun.

It's still snowing. Time to go marinate my chicken for dinner and figure out what I'm having for lunch.

blessedwithsarah
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Happy Tuesday all. I'm sitting here with Sarah who is showing me every piece of art work she has made in preschool this year -- it was all in a big pile in our spare room - now its all over the bed. At least she is feeling close to her old self. Just a bit stuffy. I didn't have her go to gymnastics today - didn't want to risk her getting sick again. She will be in school tomorrow - assuming she has school. The storm is heading our way and we are due for a good old nor'easter. Last year we had a few storms where feet of snow was predicted -- the big storm coming should only give us about 3-5 inches before it rains. Up north in NH/VT they should be getting feet. Just as well, I'll be happy if we have very little snow.

I made polenta chips for lunch, with some guac. I think either Vickie or Sandra posted it, very, very yummy! I may make another batch this afternoon to have with lunches the rest of the week.

Melissa - congrats on the loss. FABULOUS

Vickie - so glad things went well with the cardiologist. 1-2 hours continuous movement, that would be a great thing to get into shape!

Angela - how is the hair? Have you gotten use to it? I would use the pass as well, now that you are back to lifetime, why let TOM bring you down.

Frouf - sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you are feeling better soon. Its nice that Ray is sending so many gifts, but I would also feel like I would need to "pay" him back in some way. Treating for dinner or some event on the cruise would be a nice thing to do.

Kathy - congrats on the happy scale! Your doing something right - what are you doing different?

Well, the art show is still going on. The UPS man just dropped off the "My Little Pony" party stuff I ordered. That should occupy her for a while, then we need to do 20 unaddressed valentines for her to bring school tomorrow. When is nap time?????

BBL

Tejas
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Nap time, you ask Paula. I took a nap. I couldn't believe it. I almost never do, and it was so refreshing. We should all do it.

Dinner is chicken and chickpea chili from the WW cookbook. I've never made it before, but it sounds good.

BBL

Rhonda

Vickie
02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
WOW.....are we ever having a blizzard. I've been working on my notes from all the Doctor visits. We are also working on organizing our credit card accounts and FICO scores/credit reports. I've been wanting to do this for some time. It's been too stressful for me so Jim is tackling it. He also went out and snowblowed but I'm wondering why he bothered since it's blowing like crazy out there!

My chest CT is scheduled for Thursday a.m. I'm REALLY sick of medical stuff.

Dinner is Garlic Lemon Chicken, oven fries and fresh green beans. Yum!

aghiowa
02-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing that blizzard Vickie. They ended up cancelling school altogether today, so the girls and I went out grocery shopping. It was blowing pretty fiercely out there, but we were fine. And now we finally have food. :D

My driveway is in dire need of a shoveling, but with it still snowing and blowing out there, I think it would be futile.

Angela

coco99
02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi Everyone
Well we have had snow about 4 inches. then we had sleet/freezing rain. Then all rain. And then it stopped for awhile. But now it is raining again. and the wind is picking up. They are saying we could get some more snow tonight. around 2 to 4 inches. I know the roads were pretty bad this morn. Son was on them going to work. He has to drive a little over a hour away. But he made it there and back home safely.

VICKIE I am so glad your report came back good. That is great. Will be thinking of you for your CT on Thursday.

FROUFY Hope you get to feeling better soon. And then I didnt make soup today. I ended up making chicken barley chili. Its on the barley box. It wasnt too bad.

ONTARGET how are you doing. Hope you had a great day.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. And that the storm isnt brothering them too much. I dont like all this ice stuff. So everyone be careful.
Have a great evening.
coco

Tejas
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi:

It is really blowing here in Toronto. The temperature is 6 F and poor DH has to take the doggies out yet. I don't know; we might have to just keep them in and get up during the night with them. My female border-collie X Shepard just came from lying in the snow for about five minutes. Of course, she has a heavy coat and loves the snow, but I think she's lost her mind :yikes:

We had the chicken-chickpea chili. It was good, but only after I added much more spice and garlic. WW must have developed that recipe for people who don't really know chili! The recipe has a flame by it to signify that it is spicy, but it was anything but.

I hope everyone stays inside, safe and warm, and that your loved ones are safe also.

Rhonda

ps: I did manage to lose another pound since last week. I hardly met my goal, but at least there was some movement.

Froufy
02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Congrats on the loss Rhonda - moving in the right direction! And hopefully the added 'spice' will help keep you warm!

I don't think we are expecting a storm? (then again I have been away from tv and radio for a couple of days?) - but we are expecting some snow tonight and tomorrow - (I think toronto is getting it more than we are? as is the US!). Hopefully everyone can stay safe and warm (with food in their fridge and tummies:D).

I was out taking dd to dance class - had to stop at the dance store before class (tights, bodysuits, new jazz shoes - chiching $$$) - anyhow as we are shopping I find out tomorrow is their big Valentine's day sale! LIke bodysuits for $5 and 40% off tights etc - so I put everything back - and will try to get their tomorrow. I think they open at 8 am - but I am not expecting to be there that early - so I guess I can go after work? and hopefully stuff in her size will still be around?

I grabbed a sandwich (drive thru - chicken club) while dd danced cuz I did not have dinner and was starving and off to starbucks/ chapters to get dh some valentine's day goodies! Inhale the sandwich in the car - make a huge mess cuz I didn't realize it had honey mustard in it - which was dripping all over my coat and the steering wheel - off to the gas station to fill up and try to clean up! Then to starbucks - so I get a decaf and I have this HUGE CRAVING FOR SOMETHING SWEET - I AM RIVETED TO THE GLASS SHOWCASE - and there are all these yummy things staring back at me! I am dumbfounded by this strong craving? Get dh a gift card - and a coffee and quickly BACK AWAY FROM THE SWEETS. Okay I almost when back and got something - but figured 'this too shall pass'...and it did!

Got dh a mushy card - and a LOVELY box of Godiva chocolates - limited edition truffles - yes I shall probably have one (or two) - but I do prefer quality over quantity! Looking forward to our dinner out tomorrow night.

I am still stuffed up a bit - throat hurts - but I shall go to work tomorrow (don't want to miss our 'party' lunch and mini-golf!:D:D) - we shall be gone all afternoon! Just wondering where to 'stash' all my tissues (it's hard enuf playing with a purse hanging off your shoulder!). Have all the pink/white clothing ready to go - just hope there isn't too much snow tomorrow!

Need to take more meds and get to bed - and STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!

Froufie

P.S. Here's the menu for tomorrow's lunch place - I think I shall stick with one of the salads (dressing on the side?): http://www.kelseys.ca/menu_full_en.pdf

ontarget
02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
i started a long thread this am and was just now finishing it when "poof"--
it disappeared!!:yikes:

melissa, i'm so happy for you. you're already sounding much happier. way to go, girl!!

frouf, i'm impressed that ray's sending gifts. you're going to have a blast on this cruise.

nikki, we just delivered :val3: to our grands.

vickie, congratulations on the good report. i am very very happy for you.

angela, wish i could use a non-weigh in pass at the doctor's tomorrow. i may get a spanking.:kickbutt:

rhonda, i'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow about what i need to do about my eating right now. all this training makes me hungry. (or is that just an excuse to eat?):dunno:

paula, sounds like you're having a day that will build memories for a lifetime. enjoy!

coco, ya'll be careful on those roads. it's icey here, too. i'm just sitting here tonight dreading stepping on the doctor's scales. how are you doing?

congratulations on losing that pound, rhonda. okay, i need to get busy.

Tejas
02-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Good Morning All:

It is blowing and snowing. I don't know how much we have, but I'm going to guess about 4 inches. That's nothing compared to many places, but it's still coming down, and it's enough to make driving dangerous.

I may choose NOT to go to Pilates this morning. I honestly believe that if you don't have to be out on the roads, you should stay home and leave room for those who do have to be out. I have to leave by 11 to get to work, but I can miss the morning rush. I wish they would close the university but there's not enough for that. Some of the schools in the surrounding areas are closed. The city core didn't get hit as badly as did other areas.

That's the Toronto weather report! Now, it's time for oatmeal :hungry:

Rhonda

coco99
02-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Morning Everyone
Hope everyone is safe this morn.
It looks nasty out here. They had school. dont know what they were thinking. The roads are bad. They never should have ran the buses. Now they probably will send the kids home early.
I know early this morn we had nothing but rain. Pouring rain. So the snow started coming after 4:00 am. That is when son left to go to work.
Hope everyone has a great day.

[B]HAPPY VALENTINES [B]DAY!!!![B]

coco

Tejas
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Coco...what area do you live in?

No one went to Pilates today, so I'm not alone in staying home. The roads management people are asking people to stay home if they can. I'll go to work in about two hours, but I can take the subway which isn't affected by all of this normally. The buses and streetcars are having difficulties, especially in hilly areas.

Oh well, it's just winter :shocksn:

:val1:

Rhonda

Vickie
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

:val3: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!:val2:

Jim is outside snowblowing. We had some wicked blowing/drifting here. I'm not sure how many inches we got. It's probably around 6-8 and it's still snowing now...lake effect. The joys of Winter in Chicagoland.

I'm feeling a tiny bit better today. I hope the new blood pressure medicine makes my chest feel better. Wouldn't that just be wonderful?!

The UPS guy just brought me a beautiful gift from my husband. He ordered it right after Cindy died because he was desperate for a way to make me feel better. It was on waitlist and just arrived today. It's a Dell laptop with the new Vista program. I think he wants me out of the Den :o and into the family room with him when I'm surfing. Problem is that I have NO clue how to connect them and get wireless internet. Plus, wireless internet has always scared me a bit. Hey Kathy....can you give me some help and advice on this?

No big plans for us today. I'm making a huge pot of lean sirloin chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. I'll be using Rachael Ray's trick of adding some chicken or beef broth to give it some extra flavor like it's been cooking for days. I'm also making some great cornbread. It's the best Core cornbread recipe I have found and I also like it because it freezes well to.

I hope you're all safe and sound from the snow.

Katpo
02-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, my IT guy (Judd) did it all. I just open the laptop and go for it. LOL! I don't think that's much help. I'd send Judd up there if I could.

It's just cold here but thank goodness nothing is coming down. Since we have no public transportation ... no subways, trains, or even bus system, people just have to drive. That means the normal amount of traffic. We don't get snow usually, just ice which is next to impossible to drive on. Our school closings are usually due to energy conservation, which they like to reserve for hospitals and places that can't close. And that's the Texas weather report!

The scale was nice today -- 137.6. If it holds til tomorrow I'll have a good cruise weigh-in. Tonight's dinner is fish and vegetables, so there's nothing deadly about that. I think that eating oatmeal every morning (for cholesterol), cutting out the cokes and beer (14 days now), and watching the rest of my intake has done the trick.

Next week is our monthly birthday potluck however, and I'm bringing the chocolate fountain along with marshmallows, strawberries, cherries, oranges, apple slices, pineapple, cheesecake bites and caramel. That could be very VERY dangerous. ;) I will be the popular kid in school that day, at least with the ones who aren't watching their calories.

Erin wants beef stew tonight, so I'll be cooking two different dinners. Judd said that we would cook our fish and vegetables together though, so at least I won't be doing all the slaving while he's watching TV. It should be a nice, quiet Valentine's Day at our house.

Happy day to all and STAY WARM!

TechAlum
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Next time I'm buying a house with a shorter driveway!!! Just taking a break from snow shoveling. I'm not sure how much we actually got, DH shoveled last night when they blew the "snow emergency" siren and he had to get his car out of the street. It was blowing and drifting so in spots we had over a foot and in spots it was bare pavement. I know it's Feb and it's Michigan so I should be expecting it at least it was the light fluffy snow not the really wet heavy stuff, but still shoveling is no fun.

Went to WW last night, and I'm not sure what happened....I was up 4.2 lbs :eek: Now I wasn't expecting to loose I'd done ok during the week, but I hadn't exercised, still the scale at home was down in the morning so I thought at worst I'd maintain, maybe gain a little but 4.2 not a chance... Must have been something I ate during the day. I had a small pity party after I got home and ate more of the pizza than planned, but I did still go to Curves. Now it's time to get back OP. (although I'm making a desert for dinner for V-day).

Mellisa - Congratulations on the loss :cp: As you can see it seems I found it :lol:

Vicki - Glad the news from your doctor was good. Wireless isn't that hard to set up, you need a wireless router hooked up to the incoming internet (cable, dsl, phone...) line and a card in the laptop, most new ones come with one, then you install the drivers on the computers. DH set ours up so I'm not sure on the specifics, but it didn't seem hard.

Sandra - Hope your doctor visit this morning went well, and hope he/she could help with the eating. I'm sure you're burning more calories with the training so you should be hungrier.

Frouf - Hope you're having fun golfing. Your descriptions of things crack me up.

Rhonda - Congrats on the loss. Smart move staying in until traffic clears up some. What university do you work at? My cousin's wife interviewed at a university in Toronto last year or maybe the year before, but then she got pregnant and they decided to stay in NC for a while.

Kathy - Yeah on staying away from the beer and cokes. I wish I could make myself stay away from the wine....

Coco - Hope things are clearing up around your place. It looked like the worst of the storm tracked south of hear thru the Ohio river valley.....

Well, I'm sure I missed someone, but I need to go eat lunch and finish the driveway. DH said he'd do it but why should he work all day and then come home and shovel, when I'm not working right now? I may or may not go to Curves after, I'm supposed to, but I may count the shoveling as my exercise for today :D.

Have a great afternoon everyone...
-Tech

p.a.
02-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Happy Valentintes Day everyone!
I found out today that if you hug for 30 mins you burn 35 calories,,,AND it may lead to other calorie burning acitivities! Have a great day eveyone

ontarget
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
:val1: happy valentine's day, chickies!!! :val2:

i'm home from visiting the most wonderful doctor on the planet. (imho) i told him i knew i had a gain so he didn't make me weigh. we also talked over what's going on in my life right now (archery) and he agreed that i should go on maintenance till after the first of april. then we'll get back to working on getting the extra pounds off. my bp was high so he changed my meds. all in all, it was a good visit.

it's winter here, too, but not as severe as elsewhere. it sleeted on me this am while i was loading/unloading groceries. i'm in for the rest of the afternoon. curtis is at his doctor appt now. tonight we'll be flinging arrows. no bet this time. just fun.

rhonda, i'm glad you didn't go to pilates. it's not worth the risk.

coco, you're probably right about school's letting out early. i remember doing that often.

vickie, we have another reason to get together what with both of us with high bp. and i have a dell laptop but am still hooked to the phoneline. i'm afraid of puter stuff and don't know how to connect to wireless either. kathy? where are you? can you help us?

kathy, congrats on :goodscale: i'm happy for you. color me green for envy, though.

donna, i had one of those pity parties yesterday. curtis joined me. i also had a slice of "real" pizza. i think we have to deep end every now and then, don't you?

ontarget
02-14-2007, 03:40 PM
vickie, i just noticed i used the same smileys you did. :lol: great minds run together, i guess.

thingirlinside
02-14-2007, 04:09 PM
It is winter here in NY too, we didn't get that much snow but we got freezing rain. I didn't realize how icey it was until I attempted to go outside to the the bus stop, my front stoop and steps are a sheet of ice, I have no more salt, my dh is bringing some home so I used oatmeal, there was a bit of traction and I could walk on it to my ds from the bus, it worked but I had to rinse of the bottom of our boots when we came in. My driveway is also a sheet of ice, I had to walk in the grass, I am going to call dh to get home now, before it only gets worse out there. I think I will keep ds home from school tomorrow as it is still raining and the temperature is dropping. I do not want him out on icey roads.

thingirlinside
02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I am going to catch up on the posts and I will be back,
Happy Valentines Day! :val1:

Vickie
02-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Chicks. I hope you're having a good day. My chili is nearly done and the cornbread just came out of the oven. I'm starving since I didn't get my orange for my snack today. I'm really looking forward to dinner. I promised Honey Lamb my complete attention tonight.

Have a GREAT evening. I have my CT scan in the morning. Drag.

Froufy
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my favorite chickies!

DH shoveled last night when they blew the "snow emergency" siren and he had to get his car out of the street Okay - this is too funny - is this like an 'air raid siren'? This would totally freak me out (and what if you're not home?)

Rhonda - definitely stay indoors if you don't need to go out. We got the 'edge' of the storm which is enuf thank you very much - about 8 cm so far and still snowing - roads are pretty greasy - driving home this guy lost control of his car and almost careened into my van - he couldn't seem to handle it - ended up facing the wrong way! Too scary!

patti - you naughty girl :D - how much hugging have you done today?

Vickie - what a wonderful present! I'm sure you can figure out how to connect it? Can't wait til you are surfing on your brand new laptop!

Niki - poor you - nothing I hate worse than ICE - esp on your front doorstep. Hope you can get that salt down fairly quick - good thinking with the oatmeal tho!!!

Kathy - okay I am not supposed to give up beers and coke (altho I don't drink either? ) ha ha ha - i bet that will help - you are doing GREAT - and be strong around the chocolate fountain - eat the fruit only!

Went to work today despite being a bit stuff up still - only for half day - just managed to get thru my emails - then time to head off for lunch and mini-golf. So while everyone stuffed their faces on pizzas and burgers and nachos and fish and chips - I had the Asian Salmon Salad - mixed greens, baby spinach, red pepper, bok choy, asian noodles, red onions with a lovely warm grilled salmon filet on top (dressing on the side).

....I know I did not overeat cuz I was HUNGRY at 4 pm - and I am STARVING now - (yes I had some snacks when I got home) but dh and I are HOPEFULLY heading out for our FANTASTIC dinner very soon - despite a babysitting 'situation'. We had a reservation for 8 pm - and unbeknownst to me both dd and big ds were going to visit their dad (usually only dd goes) - but as big ds going on a trip this weekend (reading week) - wanted to see his Dad - so poor dh and I were counting on at least 1 baby sitter - and so we had none!

Driving still pretty bad so their dad won't drive them home - but we 'compromised' and will pick them up around 8 pm - and called the restaurant to ask if we could come later (8:30 pm) and they were thrilled cuz it seems the 'early' sititng was running late! So we shall pick them up bring them home then head out for a later dinner - if I can last that long! Luckily restaurant is very close by so even if we are late by a few minutes it should be too bad.

Just need to remember to NOT OVEREAT - so I can sleep tonight and not have tummy problems in the morning right???

Starving Frouf

P.S. OHMYGOODNESS -almost forgot to tell you about my FANTASTIC valentine's day gift - a gorgeous HOT PINK/FUSCHIA Ipod nano - my very own - for music for my trip (remember that crappy mp3 player I was trying to load up - well let's just say you get what you pay for and it was free! LOL). I am so thrilled - it is now charged up and dh is loading all my favorite cd's onto it and I can't wait to use it!!!! YIPPEE

Katpo
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Right. Enjoy your dinner tonight!

Judd said how about beef stew for everyone, which was fine with me since I won't have to make two dinners. I am making some salmon patties for tomorrow's lunch after I clean up the kitchen from the stew, and then some rotel dip for Erin.

I am really looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow morning. This has been a long time coming.

Tejas
02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi all:

We had grilled salmon steaks with garlic, onions, green and orange peppers, corn and peas. Oh, and then there was champagne and chocolate. Oh well, what the $%^#*....!

The vibes on the board are good today, despite the chilly weather and the treacherous conditions. All is well....

Rhonda

coco99
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey Everyone
I have a question. Does anyone have a Gazelle. And do they like it. Is it low impact. My knees are really bothering me. So need something that dont bother them. someone said the gazelle wasnt worth the money. Said it didnt get the heart rate up. And that there was no way to increase the tension.
so was wondering if any of you had one. So was wondering if I should start saving my pennies or forget it.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco

Katpo
02-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I had one and liked it a lot. My DD has it at her apartment now. You can't increase the tension but you can do different things like lean forward or back. I got my heart rate up, that's for sure. For the money, I recommend it. There's a little computer thing on it that will tell you the equivalent of distance, calories burned, minutes, and probably something else that I'm forgetting. It is definitely low impact because you're not picking up and putting down your feet; they stay right in the same place.

The stew was good although I just had a teeny bit because I ate my lunch so late and had several snacks at work. Things are packed up for tomorrow though so I'm ready to go. I think I need to get there early so I guess I should go to sleep soon.

septembersgoal
02-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi friends,
So sorry that I haven't been posting. Things are so nuts here, as usual.
I got the results of my bloodwork last night. My doctor thinks that I have polycystic ovarian syndrome...I would give you more info but I haven't quite figured it out yet. My glucose levels were also high. Again, I really don't know what that means so I'm preparing to do some research. I also am going to research and see what type of diet (what foods) are best to help with this situation.
I'm not terribly worried about it, but it is kind of scary. She said the best treatment is the glucophage, which I'm already taking. So hopefully that will take care of the problems.
Love ya girls. :grouphug:

Katpo
02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Melissa, both my girls have PCOS and all they do is watch it. When the youngest was diagnosed at about age 15, they said she was full of fluid. I have no idea what that means but they acted like it wasn't normal. Still they don't really treat it with anything.

My glucose was high at my last checkup (I had no idea) and so I got a monitor and check it every day. It ranges between 108 and 135 or so, with it usually being in the 110-119 range. I'm not on medicine yet but probably will be soon. I got the Accu-Chek Aviva and really like it a lot. Test strips are expensive but I bought my last box on ebay, $10 for 50 instead of $45 at the store. Walgreens had it on sale for $20 with a mail-in rebate for the full price, so it was basically free. The lancet device doesn't hurt at all and is very easy to use. If you buy strips on ebay, just make sure they aren't expired because there's a keycode you snap into the monitor, and if the strips are expired the keycode won't work, which means neither will the strips. Okay that sounds confusing but really it isn't. Anyway, my sister and mom had different ones and theirs weren't nearly this friendly. Oh and I don't even write anything down because it keeps the readings along with the date and time stored in the monitor. I hope this helps -- even if you take the glucophage you should test yourself every day. I do it first thing in the morning so it'll be a fasting test.

I'll be back in a while.

blessedwithsarah
02-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. DH is not high on my list -- he did get me a wonderful card. But get this - my gift was a plastic rose with a teddy bear on it, when you put it in water it lights up. What the heck! A single real rose would have been much better - perhaps he bought stuff for Sarah and realized he didn't get me anything?? I told him last night he owes me real flowers. UGH, men.

Anyhow - I'm happy to report Sarah is back to being her self. I think she is finally over her bought with the flu; I now, of course have a horrid head cold. I guess it comes with being a mom!

I missed wi this week - due to the storm here yesterday our leader cancelled - can't blame her. She'll add on a week at the end. My scale is back to doing some odd things. Last week my morning wi was down to 179, today its up to 181! I've been doing really well, but have not been able to walk due to the icy conditions. I'm thinking my thyroid level may be off. I'm going back to writing down all that goes in my mouth and floring it. My prescription will need to be refilled in a couple of months and I'll have to do the blood work anyway. I might do it sooner.

Vickie - I'm jealous of the laptop. I do need to get a new PC (yes, I've been talking about this for a while); I was debating on doing the wireless. I really need to go talk to someone. How did the chili turn out? Love Rachelís' suggestions.

Frouf - let me know where to have myself (stuffed in a bag) sent for the cruise. We can all just lurk around the ship, no one will know we are stow-always!

Kathy - you are brave! A chocolate fountain....yummy! Congrats on you loss. You WILL get to your goal soon. Maybe I need to give up my wine for a while......hmmm.....

Melissa - congrats on the loss. Great numbers. Its good that the Dr has diagnosed the PCOS, won't that interfere with fertility? Just keep practicing.

Well, off to check emails. BBL

Froufy
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Melissa - definitely do some more research and find out what you need to do! Will you be having any further testing?

Speaking of which Vickie - how was the lung/CT scan? Hope all went well

I am at work but not feeling great - feel like my cold is heading south into my chest? NOT GOOD! Lots of mucus and coughing today - I think if I am not feeling better soon I shall have to visit my dr! Can't be sick for travelling!

Had a LOVELY dinner out last night - altho a bit too late to eat! I had a Kir royale to drink (very yummy and pink) - then they had a valetine's day table d'hote menu - soup, I had a scallop and caviar appetizer - the steak (w/potatoes and veggies), decaf and the lemon/blueberry parfait (only had a few bites). Good news is I was not that bloated when I left especially since I stopped eating my entree when satisfied - only ate half the steak/veggies and I enjoyed the LO for lunch today!!! Need to fill up on more water tho!

I think I should try and exercise tonight - if I am not feeling too sick (my chest does not feel good when I cough!) - still taking decongestant/sinus meds. Will try to get thru tomorrow at work, then rest at home this weekend! (thankfully nothing major planned - maybe haul the suitcases up and do some packing?).

Paula - definitely real flowers are in order (but that teddy bear/rose thing sounds awfully cute?) - they did give out 'real' roses at the restaurant last night and I came home w/2 of them!

Weather here is FRIGID but stable - it was minus 36 w/the wind chill this morning! At least the snow has stopped and the roads have been somewhat cleared! Supposed to warm up a bit for the weekend (ya like minus 6 ha ha)

Just found out my (former) cruise buddy Andrea has taken on an assignment in a different dept - will be gone in a few weeks - I am very sad - but happy for this excellent opportunity - but she and I visited 'offices' frequently and I will surely miss chatting w/her! :(

Trying to catch up on stuff - my survey isn't working - what a bummer! and some sort of 1 pm meeting - either an announcement (like my mgr is leaving?) - but I think a celebration for our planning team who has been working hard these past couple of weeks to meet deadlines - so probably some big gorgeous fattening cake will appear - I of course will have none of it! :D

Froufie

Vickie
02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm home from the test and brunch. I ate Core and was a very good girl. The lung CT scan was not so bad as I did not have to hold my breath very long. I still feel the discomfort in my lungs and hope that the report will be good. I think my next stop is the allergist. The new BP medicine seems to be relieving some of the discomfort. Maybe I was feeling some of the distress from some of the last few months on my chest.

It's very cold here but not as cold as Canada! I'm going out for my usual Thursday night dinner out. Great Niece and Sister might be joining us. That will be nice.

I'll be back in the morning. I'm trying to research what I need for my little network. I have a million questions.

Vickie
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with 3FC? It takes forever to load and is often kicking me off of AOL. Lately it's been so much trouble, I've stopped trying to log on. I'm not having any trouble with any other web pages.

Froufy
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Vickie,

Glad it all went well - and you are feeling a bit of relief - hopefully you will only feel better!

More bad news - just had a meeting where my MANAGER announced her departure (to another gov dept - as a Director!!!) - she started to cry - we all started to cry. We knew when we entered the room and there was no FOOD it had to be bad news - joked we should have brought a kleenex box and put it in the middle of the table!

I am feeling a bit uneasy about this and the future here - guess we need to wait and see what sr management decides to do!

Froufs tend to like the 'status quo'!

Froufie

Vickie
02-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Frouf, maybe you should apply for her job?

Katpo
02-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Vickie, I've been having trouble for about a week. First it pops up (despite popup blocker) some boxes, then says it's "done" even though I'm still on whatever previous site I was on. I have to refresh a few times, go thru the "page not found" thing ... refresh, refresh ... and finally. Many times I just give up. As soon as I leave though, I always have to go run Adware and get rid of the tracking trash that was left behind.

I thought it was only me so I haven't said much.

Vickie
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Kathy, same here! I wonder if the Moderators and the Sisters know? Somebody did something.

TechAlum
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

Just popping in quick before I head out to run chores. Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, decided to count shoveling as exercise enough. Once I sat for a while my shoulders and arms got stiff and sore, feel better today though so I'm stopping there while I'm out.

Frouf - It is the same siren, they use it for everything, I guess you just get used to to it. If its snowing and they're forecasting more than 6" its a snow emergency, if its a thunderstorm - its a tornado warning, if its the first sat. of the month its a test..... I'm not really crazy about it when it goes off at 7am which it did yesterday, not the most pleasant sound to wake up to :D.

Vicki - glad your feeling better.

Sandra - great that the doctor visit went well.

Have a great afternoon all.

- Tech

TechAlum
02-15-2007, 02:32 PM
It just dawned on me you probably don't know what a snow emergency is. It just means they want you to get your car out of the street so they can plow, if you don't move your car, they can ticket you and will plow you in. When I was at school in the Upper Peninsula we weren't allowed to park in the street from mid Oct. until March that was worse.

Froufy
02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Okay that siren thing would freak me out - we are NOT ALLOWED any street parking, as you mentioned during the winter as the plows come around regularly!

Frouf, maybe you should apply for her job? I don't really think I want her job? And not sure what sr management will decide? It not like you can always 'apply' if you know what I mean? They may ask someone to 'act' in her position for a certain time (and usually that is the person that gets the job!). I am already floundering wondering what I will do? I obviously am very dependent on her for decision making and feel like I can't do this on my own! How pathetic is that?

Frouf

P.S. A chocolate cake did eventually appear - and I am proud to say I had none of it - altho I am 'indulging' in a red heart shaped lollipop right now (which someone ??? left on my desk yesterday) - feels good on the throat!

ontarget
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
vickie, i have trouble getting on here, too. i thought it might be cuz so many chickies were using the site at the same time. :lol: i'm glad your tests are over. enjoy your dinner out tonight.

melissa, let us know what you find out. i hope it's nothing serious.

we're having an easy afternoon. we just finished watching last night's episode of "lost." not much else going on. curtis got up around 4:30 this am and worked on my equipment. errrr--archery gear. we've both been nibbling on brownies. me--on killer 1 pt brownies. he--decadent walnut filled real ones.

have a wonderful evening, all. let's all make healthy food choices and feel great.

Tejas
02-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi All:

Loooongggg day. And, now we are going out. I am such a complainer at times. We live in the city with the most amazing, world renowned Renaissance music ensemble: Tafelmusik. I love their work and I bought us a mini season's pass. Now, of course, it is so darn cold that I don't want to go out, even to hear them. It's 13 F.

We will go, but I won't be surprised if I come home at intermission. I'm tired from this week at work and tomorrow is chock full of meetings. The air is stale!

Have a good night everyone! I'll be listening to Mozart played on period instruments!

Rhonda

Vickie
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Rhonda, I'm ashamed. I'm a rock and roll girl. Right now I'm listening to the soundtrack from Wicked. My two most favorite songs are "Dancing Through Life" and "For Good".

Dinner was good. I was quite hungry. I'm off to set up an online bank account and then might play with my laptop. Talk to you all in the morning.

coco99
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Evening Everyone
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Not much happening here.

KATPO Thanks for your imput on the gazelle. I am going to start saving my pennies. Was thinking about putting one on lay away at Wal Mart. But they dont do lay aways anymore. So may check out KMart and see if they have any. And put it on lay away there.

VICKIE Glad your test is over. Now go have some tea and relax.

FROUFY Hope you get to feeling better. And I am sure everything will work out at work.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a great evening.

Well will get off here. Need to go check the rest of my e-mails. and then it will be time for Grey's Anatomy. I love that show.
So everyone have a great evening.
coco

ontarget
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
rhonda, enjoy your evening. we'll be home watching "survivor." :lol: there's a renaissance faire just east of waxahachie. you might want to check it out sometime after you get relocated. i went one time with a gf. i wished i'd gone in costume. i love "dressing the part."

vickie, did you get your wireless connection? do you have to pay for it? (i know that's a dumb question.)

coco, we watch "survivor" on thursdays. we've never seen "grey's anatomy." curtis just :ebike: guess i should do that while seeing who's voted off tonight.

have a great evening, chickies. i'll catch you down the road tomorrow.

ontarget
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
rhonda, enjoy your evening. we'll be home watching "survivor." :lol: there's a renaissance faire just east of waxahachie. you might want to check it out sometime after you get relocated. i went one time with a gf. i wished i'd gone in costume. i love "dressing the part."

vickie, did you get your wireless connection? do you have to pay for it? (i know that's a dumb question.)

coco, we watch "survivor" on thursdays. we've never seen "grey's anatomy." curtis just :ebike: guess i should do that while seeing who's voted off tonight.

have a great evening, chickies. i'll catch you down the road tomorrow.

Vickie
02-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's freezing cold here but the sun is shining and I'm alive and feeling fine. As my good friend Sandra says, Life is Good.

My scale is up this morning but I care not because today is the beginning of a new day with a new attitude. I've much to do so I can't stay long but I'll be checking back to see how all of you are.

Have a great on program day.

Vickie
02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Melissa, I've been thinking about you. Have you done your research? Are you ok? Do you have a plan? Can we help?

Katpo
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Good morning! Vickie, you sound good!

I've got to work until 4:30 and then do my errands. The tax info has to be mailed to the CPA in Dallas today, which means a trip to the post office after work. That's the WORST time because the lines are so long, but I guess I'll live over it. Also need to drop off clothes at the dry cleaners, and take my rings to the jeweler if I get time. They are too loose and the anniversary band threatens to fall off every once in a while. At the very minimum, they stay turned around all the time so there's a solitaire showing on the left palm side, and a row of diamonds on the right palm side. Showing on the top side are plain platinum bands! :lol: It's uncomfortable and a little dangerous too boot. They are insured but I would be devastated to lose one of them.

I got scale access this morning so yesterday's number is confirmed to be correct. Last night I had a grilled cheese sandwich and some chips (totally unplanned for) and I figured it would be up this morning due to salt but it wasn't, so that's good.

I hope you all stay warm today! We're supposed to get into the 40s and 50s over the weekend so that'll be nice.

Oh and the neighbors next door are moving! YIPPEE!!! They're the ones with the infamously hideous "structure" in the back yard. I'm sure you all remember it. It's a nightmare, so we're hoping the realtor will advise them to remove it quickly. I sure as heck wouldn't buy a house with that thing there.

Happy day!

thingirlinside
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Good morning all, I also had trouble getting on yesterday, I had trouble with my computer overall, I think it had something to do with firefox or my cable since it is better today. It is freezing here, I have a sheet of ice in my driveway along the driver side of my car, I hope I don't have to leave my house today. I did not get to post my wi yesterday, but I am happy to report I "got rid off" -3.2, yippee!!!! I will go post it on the cruise to lose!

Vickie
02-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Niki.....AMAZING! Great job. You are all inspiring me.

Katpo
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Niki, that's awesome! Congratulations!!

aghiowa
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Woo hoo Niki! Great job!

Angela

Froufy
02-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Great work Niki! Now just don't go out there and SLIP on the ice (hope you got the salt instead of the oatmeal this time :D:D)

Kathy - definitely get rings fixed - I also would freak if I lost any of my rings (so far my fingers are still pretty fat and pudgy so no risk of that happening any time soon!)

Vickie - I also love 'dancing thru life" - my new favorite is 'just for this moment' - but I love all the songs. DD's dance duet is to 'what is this feeling?" - too cute! (she is 'glinda' with a blonde wig!)

Cold here but at least it's 'bright' out - not as cold as yesterday. I am feeling a teeny bit better so hope I am on the mend - if not on Monday I will call the dr for sure!

Big ds off to the dominican republic on Sunday (reading week at University) so I was busy finding stuff for him (sunscreen, bandaids, pepto bismol, immodium :D) - just in case he needs it! Also picking up package at Sears on the way home (2 pairs of shorts and new swim trunks!).

Went to a movie last night w/little ds while dd danced (both dh and big ds out!) - ate lots of popcorn and trying to drink water today! Still feeling a bit down about manager leaving - I think I just need to 'sleep' on it a bit?

Otherwise waiting for dh to finish loading all my cd's onto my new pink nano ipod - found this lanyard/earphones combo which I think will work great so will try to find that somewhere this weekend.

Otherwise consumed w/cruising - it's all I can really think about - 2 weeks from now I shall be changing planes in Chicago right about now! Heading south! YIPPEE!

Frouf

ontarget
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
i just got the sweetest email from a former student. yesterday his sister-in-law had sent me one of those questionnaire type forwards where you list your age. you know what i'm talking about. it's one of those "get to know your friends better" thingees. anyway, i got this from him today, "You’re 60 years old, Mrs Robinson? Oh my, I’m feeling kind of strange…" i thought that was sweet. he was one of my actors. i directed him from 7th grade throughout high school. i guess he'd forgotten that i'd be aging while he was growing into manhood. he's now married and has 2 children. he's a wonderful father/husband. i'm so proud of him.

vickie, i like your attitude. you're back to our old vickie now. i can feel it. curtis and i had split pea/ham soup for lunch today. i had polenta along with mine. ain't it great!!

kathy, "you got access to the scales"? how funny. anyway, congratulations on :goodscale:. congrats, too, on losing those neighbors.

niki :woohoo: that's a great loss.

frouf, i'm excited with you. we're still heading south to salt lake on the 1st. the countdown has begun, girl!! how many times have you practiced packing? i'm doing something similar in decided on what to wear, shoot, etc.... plus, i'm making plans for my "time alone" the next 4 days afterwards till curtis gets home on the 10th.

Katpo
02-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Sandra, Judd wants me to ask if you would recommend a fiberglass bow for me instead of wood. (If you must know, he's starting to get on my nerves with all this.)

thingirlinside
02-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi ladies, has the core program been revised, I haven't gone to a meeting in a long time, but I have been hearing about a new core program.

p.a.
02-16-2007, 05:22 PM
And here's to you Mrs. Robinson.......sorry Sandra I know have that song playing over and over in my head..haha

Katpo
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Me, too, Vickie! :rofl: That's the first thing I thought about.

I can attest to the fact that all of Sandra's students thought (and still think) the world of her.

coco99
02-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi Everyone

NIKI Good job on "getting rid of" the 3 lbs. That is wonderful. You go girl.:carrot:

Not much happening here. Same old stuff.
Wasnt too bad of day. The sun was shining. And was a warmer. In the 20's.
Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy last night. Do you really think they will kill off Dr. Grey.
Not sure what we will get into this weekend. Probably go visit my Aunt. She lost her hubby in Dec. And we try and go see her at least every other weekend. Maybe go to the store and stock up on some stuff again. Just in case it starts getting bad again.
Need to take the doggies to the groomers. But it has been so cold. I hate to take them.
May try and go to KMart and see if they have the gazelle. And put one on layaway. So will see what is going on.
Well better get off here.
Just checking in.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
coco

coco99
02-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey did anyone get to see Dr Phil today. I had just switched it over. And they were talking about this guy that weighed about 1000 lbs. Said something about he couldnt get out of his bedroom. Then they brought this other guy in. Said the two of them had been e-mailing each other everyday. But had never met. So they were meeting for the first time today. I think his name was Russ. He was a little on the heavy side. But said he had lost 100 lbs. But was wondering. How was Dr Phil going to help the other guy. Think his name was Bob. Wish I could have seen all of this. But I couldnt. Was just wondering what had happened.
Thanks
coco

septembersgoal
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Melissa, I've been thinking about you. Have you done your research? Are you ok? Do you have a plan? Can we help?

Aw, there's our Vickie!!
Thanks everyone for asking about me. The more I read, the more stressed I got. The doctor doesn't want to see me again until June (which we had already scheduled before the test results). She said that the best treatment is what I'm already doing, so I guess that's that. Everything suggests a diet very similar to core, so I'm coming back on the boat next week. I might try switching back and forth between the plans since I did so well on flex last week. But I basically need an "insulin-resistant" diet, which from what I've read is close to core. Also, I must focus on exercise. Everything I've read said that exercise is not negotiable for those with PCOS. So anyway, to make a long story a little bit shorter, it seems that all I can do for myself right now is continue to take the meds, exercise, and LOSE WEIGHT.
I'm off to make a shopping list for tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get a big (well big for here) snow tomorrow and I don't want to have to go out in it. I have a PC show on Sunday and am worried about whether or not I'll have to cancel.

Hey Kathy, are you still interested in the mandoline??

Tejas
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi All:

I tried to post again last night but the site wouldn't take it. I was just writing to reassure Vickie that I'm not a long hair! I like just about all music except punk, acid rock and whatever that noise is that ravers listen to :fr:

Melissa, has anyone mentioned the Glycemic Index diet to you. It's a lot like Core and there are some good references about it.

I had a bad day at the office today but I'll spare you the details. Just too many meetings where we spin our wheels and don't move forward on matters that should be resolved.

Tonight I'm picking up again on the packing things to go into storage so that I can actually live in this house. It's tedious but it's getting done.

Tonight is my last night of slothdom. I have been so inactive the last three months, it is disgusting. SO, I'm going to the gym and moving. I've been good at Pilates but not the aerobics.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda

Katpo
02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Melissa, I talked to a few people at work and can't get anyone to commit to a book party, so I guess not. I might just have to buy one at Linens 'n Things or something like that until I can get the good one. It'll just be for slicing sweet potatoes to make chips with, and so the good one might be overkill anyway.

Rhonda, sorry you had a bad day today. Maybe you can unwind over the weekend before time to go and start it all over again.

Erin lost her car keys at work so Judd went to take her the other set. We can't figure it out (neither can she). She went out to the car to get some money, had unlocked it with the remote. Then she was sitting in the car and when she went to get out, she couldn't find her keys. She locked it by hand. I guess they're somewhere in the car but neither she nor Judd could find them. Weird, huh?

I'm working all day tomorrow; lunch is all packed and ready to go. I guess I'll go to bed soon.

ontarget
02-17-2007, 04:49 AM
kathy, i just saw your post. what i highly suggest is that you get a light draw weight recurve. a lot of men try to start their wives with too heavy draw weights. this can cause injury as well as frustration. it's not fun if you have trouble drawing your bow. call around the different archery shops to see who has light weight recurves. i'd get a 30# one if i were you. maybe even lighter if you can find one, but i doubt you'll find one lighter than 30.

i have a Comet takedown recurve that i love to shoot. it's really zippy for being just 30#. as to wood or fiberglass? i think draw weight is more important. what you do need to watch out for is to see if the bow is warped. i'll talk to curtis tomorrow (today) to see what he thinks. here are some shops you might call: David's Outdoors in Weatherford. (he had some light weight recurves when we were there in november.) Arlington Archery World. Ken Witt owns this shop. i think he deals mainly with compound but he might have some recurves. Smithfield Archery in ft worth. again she (Rhonda) has mainly compounds. call David's. it wouldn't take you too long to drive over to his shop. it's not far off i-20 over in weatherford.

let me know what you find out. also, you need to have someone set you up and show you proper form so you don't get hurt. any shop owner will help you with that. wish we were down there. we'd help you get started.

patti, i'm hearing that song now, too. :lol:

thank you, kathy. i miss my students. tonight i went to a local high school girls' basketball game. sure brought back memories.

coco, i didn't see either show. i hope dr. phil can help bob.

niki, they didn't make many changes to core. mainly they limited snacks to fruits, veggies, and smoothies. (i think.)

melissa, you keep on doing what you need to do. don't get worried. that won't help.

rhonda, i've been visiting in slothdom, too. i need to get back to the women's club and hop in that water.

well, i'm pooped. guess i'll try to get to sleep. i'm too old to stay up this late.

Tejas
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Morning:

Sandra, I hope you're sound asleep, for your sake!

Ok, Chicks, I'm out of here. Taking the dogs for their walk(s); going to the gym; going to pick up ex's niece and her daughter and take them to lunch. I'm staying OP even if it kills me and everyone around me!

Rhonda

Froufy
02-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I too have been too lazy these past couple of weeks - esp with being sick for almost a whole week now (okay mostly better - bit of congestions STILL and a raspy cough now and again). But I am happy to report I am IN MY WORKOUT CLOTHES - and will be shortly moving my body. Don't want to treadmill so I think I shall slip a Richard Simmons cd into the machine and dance around a bit!:carrot: :carrot:

Rhonda - let us know how your work out and lunch goes!

Kathy - have fun 'bow shopping"!!

Coco - don't watch Grey's anatomy but I know my dd loves that show (and Sandra Oh actually comes from my neighborhood - my manicurist friend Bella used to do her nails and still does her mom's!)

Melissa - we're all with you in this one - eating properly, exercising and losing weight - seems to be the 'cure' for almost everything (like my high bp!). Hang in there we are all here to help you out!

Niki - has the driveway 'melted' - hope you can get out without slipping and hurting yourself!

We were up at 4 am - little ds had a nightmare which turned out to be fly in his room! (trapped between the windows - guess it was 'resurrected' due to some warm sunshine?) - well that took a while as dh was the Big Fly Terminator and had to 'eradicate' it - whlle ds stayed in bed w/me. Had a hard time gettnig back to sleep - finally got up at 10;30 am!!!

As for the 'packing' in my head - today the fun begins! I decided I will start to pack my carryon and my travel purse - as there are things I can put in there which I am obviously not using right now. I will make a list for each - and check off what I've put in and keep the lists there so I know what's missing.

Then I might actually bring up the big suitcase which is when I will sadly discover it is NOT as big as I remembered it. Also will pack the 'additional' bad (a weekender type bag) which the heavy stuff - I can already put in the sandals, flip flops, shoes, purses, snorkel/mask, water shoes, etc. I think getting ready will calm me down.

I have also worked out an exercise schedule for the next 2 weeks given my schedule and will try to stick to it! This week: sat (today!), sunday, monday and wednesday (out tuesday, thurs and friday). And next week: sat, sun, mon, tues - wed evening is the FINAL manicure/pedicure and thursday night I will be packing like crazy and freaking out for Friday early morning departure!!!

Only other thing to do is get out and find new lanyard/headphones for my ipod - and add about another 10 cd's to it!!!

Okay - time to take the whitestrips off my teeth (yes I am 'whitening' my teeth - don't you think that will only enhance my tan? ha ha ha)

Later,

Frouf:D

Katpo
02-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Coco, I missed your post about Grey's Anatomy. I am the biggest fan of the show there is, and I don't think Meredith is gone (she better NOT BE!). It sure scared me at the end though when she woke up and saw Denny standing there. I was just about screaming. And of course it didn't help when Judd walked in and said "I hope she dies" and I'm all freaked out yelling SHUTUP!!!! :lol: He said it would make the show more interesting; I, of course, totally disagree with the dork.

Sandra, thanks for all the good info. The club has a director of archery and I was told they can set me up with someone to get me started too. We have looked up Ken Witt and I think will probably start with him, but you're right in that a zip over to Weatherford would be no trouble at all. I'll pass on all the info and see what he wants to do. I am anxious to get started but might be waiting until warmer weather since it's all outdoors. A friend was telling me about a range in Brownsboro that has a nice setup (of course it's really far away). I think the club has a walking range if I'm not mistaken but will know plenty more after tomorrow's orientation. I guess I'll just take my shotgun out there for now.

I'm sitting here at work wishing I was at home, but I know next week I'll be glad I got ahead a little on this pile of stuff. I did manage to drop by the store on the way to replenish my work stash of nuts and juice. I got Welch's grape juice but am diluting it with Sprite Zero and boy is it ever good! It also cuts the points in half by doing that, and the 6-pack of juice bottles will last almost two weeks. Also got walnuts, pistachios and sunflower seeds. The seeds go well on salad and add a little oomph to it, and the walnuts are chock full of omega-3 and antioxidants. They are also high in plant sterols, which play a big role in lowering cholesterol (which we all know I desperately need) and since they taste good, what's not to love? Okay, enough about walnuts. This isn't a commercial. LOL!

Erin finally found her car keys, which is a big relief.

Back to work! Happy Saturday to you all! Frouf, happy list-making to you! Two weeks will pass like a flash!

Vickie
02-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

I struggled with the laptop all day yesterday since I've never had one before and I'm also trying to learn Vista. It is quite different.

I'll be doing a lot of reading today so I can call Dell and make my final decisions about the network. I want wireless but I'm a bit scared about security. Still....that's why Jim bought me the laptop so he can have my company while I surf and talk to you guys.

We LOVE Grey's Anatomy! Meridith is NOT dead. Well, I hope she's not anyway. Since we've been watching 24 all kinds of myths have been shattered about whom may be killed off! We have lots of shows we are watching. Perhaps we need to watch less TV. Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Ugly Betty and of course American Idol. No favorite yet on AI but I did read that one of the girls was originally from Tinley Park....my own current hometown.

Have a great Core day. I'm not sure what we are having for dinner but Core Chicken Stroganoff (with a point or two for the nearly FF cream of chicken soup) is a strong contender. I'm really craving creamy comfort food for some reason.

septembersgoal
02-17-2007, 12:24 PM
That sounds good...is that on our boards? :T

Vickie
02-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't think so, Melissa, but I'll go find it and post it. I usually post after I try them and this would be a new recipe for me. I'll be right back.

Vickie
02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
This was from Candlegranny on Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. I changed it around to look more like a traditional recipe.

Core Plus Chicken Stroganoff

4 Teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1-2 cloves diced garlic
16 oz chopped uncooked chicken
1 can 98% FF Cream of Chicken soup
1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth

Brown in 4 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced or sliced fresh mushrooms
1-2 cloves garlic diced

Then add:
16 oz chopped, uncooked chicken breast. Continue to brown until cooked, adding some of the chicken broth until chicken is done.

Then add:
1 can 98% FF Cream of Chicken soup (3 points for the whole can) and one 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth bring to boil

Add 8 oz uncooked small whole wheat pasta and Pepper/salt to taste. Let it start to boil again then simmer with a lid for approx 20 mins until pasta is done.

When done, turn off let sit for about 5-10 mins then right before serving stir in 1 cup fat free sour cream.

Katpo
02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Vickie, there are security settings so that nobody can log into your network. I didn't do ours (Judd did) but Kate did her own when she moved in with the new roommate. She bought the wireless router and cards, then networked hers and the other girl's together. If she can figure it out, I'm sure you can too. She also has a Dell and I'm not sure if she had to call them but they would probably help you. Have you gotten the wireless equipment yet? We bought LinkSys and so did Kate. They seem to be very good and we haven't had trouble with ours. We have three laptops and two desktops in the house and all are networked together so we can share files and print to whichever printer we want.

I think I'm going to leave at 1:00. I really want to go do some major sitting around. LOL! Actually, it'll be more like sweeping and mopping and doing some laundry, but it's not getting done with me sitting here at work!

Later...

Vickie
02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Kath, I'm still in research mode so I haven't bought anything yet. I've seen the brand you have and I'll keep it in mind. I'm definitely calling Dell because the free setup and software support for 30 days was part of the deal. I'm just taking break from the reading. I'm doing laundry too. Honey Lamb just went to run some errands. I needed fresh groceries for the Chicken Stroganoff and the Core Cornmeal Chicken for tomorrow.

BBL.

Vickie
02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Frouf, I can't find Just for This Moment. Does it have another title? I'd LOVE to see Emily do her performance. That was one of my favorite acts from the play. Oh....who am I kidding? I love the whole darned thing.

p.a.
02-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Afternoon chicks, popping in to add my menu for the day adn see how my favourite chicks are doing?
Dh and I are heading out tonight for some karaoke (our town has an annual wintercarnival and this is one of the events) its always fun. I do not getup and sing though..I sing from my chair. haha.
Fouf I cant believe you are heading for another cruise..Im so jealous. One day I would love to do that. My bro and his wife went on alaskan cruise in aug and loved it...I think thats what I would like to do or Greek isles.
Vickie you are sounding more like yourself these days..I sure hope you are. ((hugs))
Kathy,,good for you for staying off the beer and coke. look at your numbers!
Sandra I agree with you about concentrating on one thing at a time...you seem to be maintaining and doing a great job of it. You arnnt too far from goal! You have inspired me you know Mrs.Robinson!
Melissa, Im not sure if there is a support board here at 3fatchicks but I belive Dotties has one for PCOS.
Coco I love Greys Anatomy! I think I like it more the ER belive that one!
I dont think Merideth is dead..in fact I looked up a *spoiler* on the show and Im hoping it was right! If anyone wanst to know what it is Pm me.
Waving hi to everyone else!! have a great weekend

kathy get off that scale

septembersgoal
02-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks Vickie! That sounds really good.

It's snowing like crazy here. I didn't even want to go out to the grocery. Of course who wants to with the entire city going out to get bread and milk before it snows! :lol: I've never understood that. Anyway, I'm supposed to have a PC show tomorrow and now I'm wondering if it will really happen. I'm kind of hoping everything gets cancelled tomorrow and we can just stay snowed in for the weekend. It would be really nice.

Patti, thanks for the suggestion. I actually found a thread on here that is for women with PCOS who are trying to conceive and lose weight. That's me to a T! :) By the way, great job with your weight loss!

Off to exercise...I went over my wpas this week and need to make up for it! :exercise:

Katpo
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Melissa, I was going to tell you about the PCOS area (Dieting with Obstacles? I think it's in that section ...) and also the diabetes area. Monet is the mod for diabetes and Sugar Busters and she is very, VERY knowledgeable in both areas. They'd be happy to answer questions, I'm sure, or you could just lurk. ;)

Home now! I have a box of coupons to sort by food and non-food, then count them, then add up the values, then write it all down so I don't forget, and THEN take to the post office Monday. They're the expired coupons that are going to the overseas military base we adopted. There are a gazillion of them. Well, approximately.

Patti, if you must know, I was up a bit this morning. 138.2. I was pretty darn ticked off about it, so I might stay off tomorrow morning. I admit it though, MY NAME IS KATHY AND I AM A SCALE ADDICT. :lol:

Okay, time to play with coupons.

Froufy
02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Kathy and I are starting a new organization called Scale Addicts Anonymous - it's a 12 step program as you probably guessed - you back away 12 steps from the scale every morning - ha ha ha :D

I did it I did it - I moved my fat body! Yes 30 mins of Richard Simmons - jumping and jiggling and wiggling! then into the shower and FOOD! Treated myself to bagel w/smoked salmon for 'brunch' - so delish! Well worth it.

Melissa - I agree that the board you described sounds perfect and you will be able to find more answers and support if you need it!

Frouf, I can't find Just for This Moment that's cuz it's called "As long as you're mine" - track 15. I have not seen Emily's duet/dance yet - the only thing I know is the song was 'too long' so they had to cut it for competition - which will drive me crazy when they play it!

That chicken stroganoff thing sounds delish! Will have to remember to try it. No plans for dinner here! Dh and little ds off ice skating and I am in a MESS!

Why you might ask? Well the LUGGAGE has been 'delivered' from the basement and I have started the PACKING EVENT! Okay so the pull up handle sticks a bit (Ray said to open up the inside zipper part and wax it with a candle!) - have to really push it hard to get it to 'retract' all the way. Have already thrown the beach bags in, the empty 'space bags' and a couple of other things - it looks half full to me (and no clothes yet!). Empty it weighs 12.6 lbs!

Also grabbed a large weekender bag which fits on top of the luggage so I can 'roll' both at one (w/one hand?). That will hold the heavier stuff so I don't go over 50 lbs with the big piece - already packed all 6 pairs of shoes!!, books, hairdryer, snorkel/mask - and will put all my 'hotel' stuff in there for overnight so I don't have to open the big bag when I get to Florida!

The lists are made (for the travel purse, carry on and weekend bag) so I can check off what's in there and what's not! So complicated!

Have to go out and mail Ray his laminated luggage tags and itinerary for his luggage (in case it goes astray) altho looks like it just started snowing? Nothing much else planned for this evening!

Frouf

Tejas
02-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Well, OK, I did not get to the gym. But, tomorrow is another day.

I did a "good deed" instead. I took my niece and great niece out for lunch. (I had only Minestrone soup and watch them have more!) My niece was not feeing well and I took her home early. I took the time to stop at my ex-in laws for a quick visit which turned into a long one.

My MIL's Alzheimer's is worse, her body is in great pain from her arthritis and a recent fall, and we all talked about whether it was time for her to go to assisted living. My poor FIL said he just didn't know what to do. I said "of course not. Don't feel that you have to know everything." I feel so sorry for men of his generation. They need to feel in control, and there's no such thing!

Anyway, I think that they are going to get another assessment this week and see if it's time. That will mean going on a long waiting list, I'm afraid.

I'm home now and we have a dinner and movie night with friends. We cook and take turns choosing the movie to watch.

This is turning into a very social weekend. I need to be working, but I need this too.

Tomorrow, the gym or a CD...:exercise:

Rhonda

thingirlinside
02-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi ladies, did not have much planned for today, just did some organizing, threw out some old newspapers and magazines my dh piles in the pantry. Ds has been over his friends house for a few hours now and should be home soon and dd is watching cartoons and dh is working, so I will start dinner. That is about it for my Saturday( I lead such an exciting life)

Froufy don't pack those suit cases too much, how will we fit!:D :D :D

Patti great job on the loss. I love Greys Anatomy & ER, I did go check a spoiler but I am still confused, I may Pm you!

Rhonda my dh's grandfather had Alzheimers what a horrible disease.

Kathy I confess I too am a scale addict, I weigh myself everyday, ahh I feel so much better getting that off my chest! :D

Have to go get ds, will bbl

TechAlum
02-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello All,

Spent the last couple of days up in my quilt room, so I didn't get a chance to stop by.

Congrats Niki on getting rid of that weight!

I've been pretty bummed because I looked at my weight chart and realized I've been loosing and finding the same 5 lbs since Sept. Then I had 2 people in a row ask if I've been loosing and tell me I looked good. So now I don't know, I guess I'll just keep plugging along....

I agree I don't think Dr. Grey is dead, like dh said they'd have to change the show's name and narrator.

Vicki - wow another Gilmore Girls fan, I don't run into to many of them.

Well, I should go. Neither DH or I feel like cooking so we're going out. :crossed: that I make good choices. But that "deep fried milk fat" (ie cheese sticks) are calling my name :lol:.

bbl
- Tech/Donna

Vickie
02-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Donna, I've found on Core that I've lost way more inches than the pounds lost would normally show. Does that make sense? What I mean to say is that people always thought I'd lost far more weight than I had because I had lost so many inches....even without tons of exercise.

Enjoy!

BTW, I'm off to eat my Chicken stroganoff which seems like it will be worth the points for the yummy comfort food. And...it made a ton of food so there will be leftovers for lunches.

thingirlinside
02-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Vickie that sounds yummy, let us know how it came out!

Tejas
02-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi All:

We watched such a great movie. From 1993"Shadowlands" with Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger. Oh, what a tear jerker!!!!

I highly recommend it, but have a full box of tissues beside you!

Rhonda

Vickie
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's sunny and cold here. I had a good Core day yesterday if you don't count that I didn't exercise.

More computer questions today. I'll be calling my friend Doug, Cindy's husband, to see if he has any advice since he's an electrician and kind of interested in technology. Plus it will give me an excuse to talk to him.

Frouf, when are you coming through Chicago? So far, except for March 11 my calendar is pretty open. I also have a Great Niece birthday party that will probably happen on the 10th. I don't know for sure yet because her Mother is notoriously late with invitations and we often get invited at the last minute.

I hope you all have a great on program day!

Vickie
02-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm posting my modified Chicken Strogonoff recipe in our entree thread. It was seriously worth the extra points!

Katpo
02-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Good morning! I haven't got much to do today except go to that orientation this afternoon, and get a few things from the store. Oh and a little more laundry, but that's it.

Vickie, I'll bet Erin and I would like that recipe. Judd doesn't like stroganoff-type food but he'll eat it if he has to. Given a choice, he doesn't do the food in creamy sauce thing. I have no idea what his problem is!

I don't think I'm weighing this morning since I was up 1/2 pound yesterday morning. It was so depressing that I don't want to go thru it again today. I'll just stick close to the plan of oatmeal, skim milk, banana, tuna salad for lunch, fish and salad tonight. A few men from work also joined the gun club with us at the same time, so I'm afraid after orientation today they're going to want to go out for dinner. If so, I'll try to steer them toward a place that has grilled chicken or fish and salad ... and NOT Mexican food like they usually want. I also have some cottage cheese and fruit in case I need a snack. Okay, it's a plan!

Melissa, Judd says we're coming up to the farm in May for a week (Casey County). We'll go to Lexington for a day or two to visit the cousins, and to Winchester to see his uncle/aunt and grandma. He also wants to go to Shakertown. More details later, I'm sure.

I hope everyone's having a very good day!

coco99
02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Afternoon Everybody
Well it has been snowing off and on all day so far. At times it is like a little blizzard. And the winds are picking up. Its in the 20's. But feels alot colder. Think I heard them say it was suppose to get down to the single digits tonight with the wind chills below zero. So will have to watch the news later on and see what the weather is going to be.
Hubby taking a nap. Son watching NASCAR!!
Well I didnt get to go and check on my gazelle yesterday. Good thing. They are on sale this week at KMART. So will try and go sometime this week and check it out.
The scales are not looking good for me this week again.
I just dont know what is the matter with me. Why I cant stay on track. Why cant I stay motivated. Because I am unhappy with myself. I dont like how I feel or look. But yet I just dont seem to do anything about it. I know what to do. Eat in moderation.
Maybe I need to get out Dr Phils Book Ultimate Weight Solution and read it. Yes I have it. But have never read it. Maybe it would help me get focused again. I dont know. I need to do something though.
Well sorry I went off. Just having a old pity party for myself.
So everyone have a good day.
Thinking of all of you.
coco

ontarget
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
hi, chickies. :wave: i was here earlier but something zapped my post before i had time to finish. i didn't have time to start over before heading to town but am back home now. i hope i can remember what i said and get it retyped.:comp:

kathy, it sounds like you and judd have a plan in progress for your shooting. have fun. just make sure nobody tries to have you draw too heavy pull weights.:club:

rhonda, that's sad about your mil and fil. my heart goes out to both of them.:goodvibes i'm glad you're able to help and console them.

frouf, i knew you'd be practicing packing. i'm doing the same cept i'm doing it in my mind so far. :idea:

vickie, i have an older laptop downstairs by the tv that i hook up to the phone jack down there so i can be with curtis. do you have a phone jack nearby?

melissa, i'm so proud of you. :cp: you're doing great. you're very very focused. :bravo:

patti, thank you for your post. i appreciate your words. i am a bit nervous that i'll start gaining. wish me success. :goodscale:

donna, i yo yo'd over 2 years before i continued down the scales. we've all done it one time or another. just don't give up.:hug:

rhonda, sounds like you had a good evening. we enjoyed the banquet last night and had lo fish today on a sandwich. we're going to watch "cars" this afternoon. :corn: i've been wanting to see it. (i'm a kid at heart.)

coco, i understand what you're saying. sometimes i think the honeymoon's over and that's why i don't lose as well. :listen: when you first start a diet, there's so much enthusiasm. then after awhile we want to have affairs with other foods. maybe re-reading your book will help give you back your spark. hmmmmmm i need to do that, too, don't i? :book2:

Tejas
02-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi All:

Coco, read the book, and tell us what it says and what it means to you. We're all allowed some self-pity now and again. It's not a character flaw. Just don't dwell there for too long.

I finally made myself exercise today, and I was surprised at how stiff I had become in a few weeks of doing almost nothing. I've been sluggish since mid-November but had started :exercise: again, then stopped. But, now I'm back. I couldn't believe how quickly I had seized up, in a way. The telling exercise was squats. Even with doing Pilates essentially every week, the aerobics version of squats really took an effort. Whoa, I can't let that happen again.

It really is also related to having to wear winter boots. I have good boots, wear orthotics and still have knee trouble when I have to walk in the snow.

We're going out to Red Lobster with my godson and his family. We've seen them only once since the New Year. I can avoid those wonderful biscuits and just have fish and veggies. It won't be a problem.

I really would just like to take a nap!

Rhonda

Froufy
02-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Rhonda - you are stronger than me! I can't avoid those biscuits so I try not to visit Red Lobster too often (altho there is one like 5 mins from our home! - very convenient!).

Coco - definitely read the book and do whatever you need to to get back on track. Sometimes thinking of all the weight we have to lose seems overwhelming and daunting - so try to focus on baby steps - even one meal at a time or one hour at a time if necessary! I guarantee you will feel better once you are back on track! We are all here with you and for you!

Kathy - so how did the orientation go? And where did you end up for dinner? (inquiring minds want to know!).

donna - enjoy your dinner out - and try to make the best choices you can!

Vickie - out on the 2nd - only a 45 min layover (unless something goes wrong?). Way back on the 12th - 1.5 hours but I know what can happen (as did last time) - if I am stuck in Chicago I will definitely touch base with you! We shall 'be in touch' to discuss further!

My big suitcase is now on the den couch (yes I had to clear all the junk off of it) - and a nice pile of clothes is growing beside it! I am already doing cruise laundry (the whites!) which will be folded VERY CAREFULLY and stacked in the den (did I ever mention how much Froufs hate to iron? At home dh does most of my ironing - and on my last cruise Andrea was sweet enuf to help me out - this time I am ON MY OWN - this could be very bad - hence the careful packing!)

Had a very bad night too - big ds was packing and getting ready to leave for his trip at 6 am this morning - his Ipod was not working so at 2 am there is a knock on bedroom door - asking to borrow my 'charging cable' - like I know what that is when I am completely awake - let alone asleep - so I keep going in and out of the bedroom handing him different cables and chargers until I find the right one - too funny. But of course I COULD not go back to sleep - up and down and tossing and turning and worrying for a couple of hours! So yes I took a nap this afternoon - I think I slept?

Then shopping for groceriers and new earphones for my ipod (yes I was told everyone HATES the ones that come with the product and gets new ones) - I bought two to try out and will return that which does not suit the froufie ears!.

I have not yet exercised today - and I am feeling very lazy - but mostly have a slight headache which is turning me off any movement. Need to get to bed early!

Frouf

ontarget
02-18-2007, 08:25 PM
okay. rhonda, i promise i'll go to :swim: tomorrow. you've inspired me. i need to move this old bod.

frouf, how funny about the charger. i wouldn't have been able to get back to sleep either.

Vickie
02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Frouf, Jim splurged on the Bose ones with his Best Buy gift certificates. He LOVES them. They come with three different sizes.

Katpo
02-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I thought I would freeze my tushie off out at the gun range! It lasted for three hours and I thought, oh no big deal. I was wearing a sweater and left home at 2:30 to get there by 3:00. It was 65 degrees and sunny. Well, the first two hours were inside and the last hour was a walking tour of all the different ranges. The trap and skeet and pistol and shotgun and black powder and 25 foot, 50 foot, 100 foot, 200 foot. The benches and the warning lights and the gunracks and the targets and the rules. And more rules. And let's repeat the rules that we already went over inside. I'm like yeah yeah okay, let's GO! We left there at 6:00 and came straight home. Judd made himself tomato soup and grilled cheese, I took a bath and made tomorrow's lunch. Now I'm in bed with the computer and thinking about going to sleep early so I can get to work early.

Red Lobster sounds GREAT! It's probably been over a year since I went there, so I'd say it's time.

I might post my menu tomorrow since it seems mostly Core and shouldn't be confusing to anyone. I'm having tuna salad but putting it in the wheat pita, then having Laughing Cow Light cheese with my celery. Those two things are only a total of 3 points though and everything else is Core. I definitely have points to cover it now that I don't have to worry about Cokes.

Everybody have a good night!

Tejas
02-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Ummmm, yes, Red Lobster was good. I didn't have even one bite of the biscuits. I just passed the basket to the others. I had grilled garlic shrimp and broccoli. :smug:

I would have had salad but they ran out of lettuce! I've never been in a restaurant that ran out of lettuce. They did get some and gave us our salad to take home.

OK, Sandra, I'm counting on you...get back in that pool!
I've still got to go check out the center near here that has classes. I've got to work all day tomorrow, but this week should be easier at the university. It's "reading week" and the students are supposed to be studying and the profs are supposed to be doing whatever it is we do! :o

Rhonda

Froufy
02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Okay the ipod is in the pink 'rubbery' skin - and I tried the 2 headphones I got - first the pink 'marshmallow' ones by JVC ($25)- okay - but I found sound quality pretty poopy.

Then tried the panasonic ones - come w/a lanyard around the neck attached to the earphones! EXCELLENT quality - much better than the other ones ($45 of course!). Comes w/3 different size 'earbud' covers - so far I have the medium ones on and they work really really well. I do find the lanyard thing gets a bit 'heavy' around my neck - so I shall only put it around my neck if required (e.g. walking around!).

Rhonda - good for you for avoiding the biscuits - I also find the lack of lettuce pretty unusual!

Kathy - so do you know all the 'rules' yet? :D (will there be a quiz?). Hope you are warmed up by now!

I still have a bit of a headache - and neckache now due to wearing the ipod at the computer! Will take an advil or something and go to bed!

Frouf

Katpo
02-19-2007, 08:01 AM
I do NOT want to get up today! Must figure out why on earth I don't feel rested in the mornings lately. Each day I evaluate the workload and whether or not I'm able to stay home. That's not good.

I hope everybody has a very good day today!

Froufy
02-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Come see us on the new 'thread'!

Frouf