Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings thread: Monday Feb 12

Good Morning!!!
Lauren--Yeah on the job!!! I understand completely what U meant about the daycare--The offered me early preschool for K since she has speech issues, but I turned it down because it was in Special Ed at a school in the worse part of town...Remember, I live with Special ED/and ARC so I understand completely..#2 was started on Strattera--non stimulant med--We have seen miracles since Last week when her dose was upped to 60mg--No fighting(except when K throws peas at her and she listens to me..I just hope it lasts..It has been nice for a week now....

Ok--off to work!!! Long day today!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. Time for my morning espresso. Have a great day and talk to you later.....time for work!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Well everyone,
nothing has changed, hubby still drinkin like a fish and not being real helpful when it comes to our weight loss or helpful when it comes to anything. We left a day late on our vacation and he was wondering why I was upset when we left....I wanted to stay a few days longer (we left on wednesday late in the evening and we were supposed to go on Tuesday....came back on Friday) I have to go back to work today and i am NOT wanting to go. Apparently 3 or 4 people called in sick for half the week while I was out....the SAME THING happened in august when I took days off, and after that, they didn't authorize any time off for anyone. If it weren't for my hubby being home after 4 months of being in afghanistan, I don't think they would have authorized the time I have now because of the backlog.

Sorry I'm cranky but as usual nothing is working like it should. I can't get motivated to do anything...I do dishes, he makes a mess...I freaking give up already.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone.

Things are OK here. Still feeling yucky with the cold. Ugh. Luckily the baby is much, much better. For some reason she has decided that she must try nursing while standing on her head every night. She tries it every night at least once. Then gets MAD when it doesn't work! Then it takes me forever to go back to sleep. I'd rather be awake for that than because she can't breathe.

RR: Cool to hear that you have found some meds that work. I probably wouldn't like it if someone were throwing peas at me either!

GatorGal:

Holy: Sorry that your hubby is being less than supportive. Is it stress from the deployment affecting him? Sorry to hear about the people at your job. Sometimes people suck! They shouldn't be mad at you because someone called out! They should be mad at them!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, Sorry you're sick now. Banish DH to the basement when he's sick from now on!

Holy, Sorry DH is drinking soo much, does he have a problem, or is it just the stress of being over there?

Mornin' Gator!

RR, Is Strattera a med for ADHD? I think I've heard of it before. I cannot wait until next Thursday, for the appt. with the Neurologist! DH & I are counting the days.

Hi to everyone else!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #6  

holy - sorry to hear about hubby. It's definately hard when there isn't someone as supportive. But we are alway here to help. Hope things get better. You know, exercise really always helps me when i'm bummed, but it is hard for me to do anything at first too.

stands far away from KarenK...yuckie cold...don't need your germs j/k. Hope you feel better soon. wonders what makes your child think handstands would get the milk out faster. Tell her kegstands don't work very well LOL.

hey to anyone else....just a quickie here....its been sooo crazy at work today..have a few minutes of downtime,but then back to getting a bunch of stuff done prior to my 2pm apts. hang in therer everyone...
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #7  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

hEY ALL.

5 minutes until my next meeting and then into the lab to test all my drugs.

Sorry about alll the sickies and crappy husbands out there.

I know this is way too brief, but I must run.

I promise to catch up tomorrow.

Oh yea.. Lauren - congrats on teh job, my fingers are crossed for you to go permanent.

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, major congrats with the job and the medicine for Peter. I hope this medicine works for him and your whole family.

Karen, sorry that you are now under the weather. Doesn't it always seem like everyone finally gets better and then the mom gets sick. (And of course she doesn't get down time.) Oh, and how exactly does the headstand thing work? Wait I don't even want to know!

Holy, sorry about everything that is going on in your life that is upsetting you. I cant even begin to understand about DH, but the job aspect ~ that's horrible. Maybe you could go for councelling (sp?). If funds are tight, maybe they have someone on base or a pastor. Just remember we are here for you as well.

Gator, take it easy and don't work to hard.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #9  
teresah24

S/C/G: 237/212/150

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Just Checkin' In

Hello. I feel for those with cold weather and sickness. We have both in my world right now too. 17 yr old daughter woke up with 101 deg fever today and said she feels like she is swallowing jagged glass...it is cold and raining here as well. I wish everyone well soon!!! Spring is coming though!! Wishing all a great work week/home week.
Keep your goal in sight and fight fight fight!!!

Teresa
teresah24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, I forgot to mention ~ I lost 5.8 lbs last week!!!! I hope I can keep it off.

We have gotten maybe an inch or two, but we are suppose to get like 10 inches by Wednesday. (yuck) We have not gotten sick here yet and for all those that are, wipe down your keyboard and computers so the jerms dont filter through.

Well thats all for now.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #11  
teresah24

S/C/G: 237/212/150

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

YEA LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa
teresah24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Lisa, ACK!! I don't know how much we're going to get pounded with, but I hope when it comes, it melts fast! And, btw, Peter's not on any meds yet, that's RR's #2...I was just asking her about it and hoping that if Peter is diagnosed, that he gets something that works fast.
CONGRATS! on the loss!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #13  

yeah lisa...congrats...great job
congrats...my wi is on wed...hopefully there will be wt loss.

I survived work today...lots of sick dogs and cats today...but got out on time for a change...busy but productive day...i like it like that.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I tell ya what, I wish I could trust anyone on base. I wish I could quit my job.....the backlog did go up another 2 days while I was out.....hubby's doing better right now so we'll see how that goes this week. All I can do is take it one day at a time......

thanx so much for the support though I really appreciate it!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote