Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default Would you have your LapBand surgery again???

I am so anxious to get approval for my LapBand surgery and wondering if any of you wish you would NOT have had the surgery. I have been waiting for 3 yrs for my insurance to pay and they passed it last month.
I would like to hear from you.
SD Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yes, I'd do it again.

If you ask a person who is post op 2 - 8 weeks, they might have a different answer only because they are sore and they are mostlikely eating liquids or mushy food lol. I've had mine a little over a year and wouldn't change a thing.

Congrats on being approved
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Yep, I'm more than a year out and would do it again in a heartbeat. I eat normal food, in small to normal servings (they look tiny compared to what I used to eat!!) and have been losing weight slowly and steadily.
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

KFS,
you better say YES
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  

Yes, yes, yes! That being said, you have to be willing to work with the band to make it work. There are still times, almost three years later, that I find myself fighting my band and figuring out ways to get around it - not often, but it still happens. Good luck to you!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #6  
Kyethra

Height: 5'8"

At one week post op from my band surgery I would say yes! I noticed the difference right away! I had to this low call (1000 calorie) liquid pre-op diet and it was torture for me and I was starving for the two weeks I was on it! Then after I got the band in I stopped being so hungry. Now I am eating (well drinking) less than 1000 calories a day but I am so much more satisfied. I could have more, I just don't need it especially since I am still mostly resting. I have a cup of soup now and I feel satiated. Or I sip on my slimfast, etc. Whereas before the surgery... I was so hungry! The little bit I got to eat (more than I ate for lunch) so did not satiate me... I was mad at my husband if he ate around me, etc. Now I'm fine with it. I mean I can see that I will have to work to eat good food and make sure my head hunger and desire to just have junk food some days doesn't get the better of my good sense but I feel that now with the band I can do that where before i just felt so hopelessly hunger... I feel so much more optimistic and in control now. Plus I'm down 6 pounds since the surgery!
kyethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 277/221/150

I would most definitely get my band again. My lapband 1 year aniversary was yesterday actually. It was the best decision, I must admit the mushy food stage was rough for me but all in all I dont regret it. Good Luck to You!
Lauderdalechick is offline   Reply With Quote