Weight Loss Support - Secret Goals?

View Full Version : Secret Goals?

phantastica
02-11-2007, 02:10 AM
I have a secret goal. It's seemingly unrealistic, so unrealistic that I don't want to share it with anybody until I get closer to my goal weight, and until the goal seems a little more do-able.

I want to join an all-female roller derby team.

I looked at two local teams. One seems a lot more professional than the other, so my guess is I should probably shoot for the less professional team first. Skating (roller and ice) is a physical activity I can get excited about, and having a team would provide a little more permanence to adding this activity to my life.

Anybody else have a goal that seems far fetched? I'm afraid if I share this with others who know me, they might think I'm out of my mind because I'm in no shape to be on any sort of athletic team.

dhvaya
02-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

Yes, it seems so intimidating and so pathetic that I do NOT share this with anyone I know in real life. I don't want them to laugh me off the planet. Moreover, not having other people tell me I'm so sad makes me harbor illusions that maybe... just maybe.... when I've hit the 130s, I can go for the magic figure of 115.

FreeSpirit
02-11-2007, 02:29 AM
This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

sweet_talker
02-11-2007, 03:01 AM
I want to stand with my feet closer together, without my thighs touching :lol: and...a little random, i want to fit into my bf's pants. He's got that muscular but super slim thing arghhhhh...

Gamerchick
02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

FreeSpirit
02-11-2007, 03:23 AM
I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.

This is going to sound silly, but, I want his friends to be jealous of him and think that I'm hot.

sweet_talker
02-11-2007, 03:31 AM
lovelypurple...that is not silly. I feel the same way.

pixiefalls
02-11-2007, 03:34 AM
This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

You hit the nail on the head.. I am right there with you:). I've always wanted to be able to look good in cute underwear. I'd also LOVE to weigh less than my boyfriend.

phantastica
02-11-2007, 04:00 AM
A friend of mine knows it's time to lose weight when she realizes she can no longer fit into her husband's pants.

And yeah, I understand wanting to wear cute underwear. Sometimes I confuse my underwear with my bedsheets. LOL

Tealeaf
02-11-2007, 06:53 AM
I want to be able to do a backflip. I have no idea why. I know there is no way at all I'll ever be able to do so. But I want to!

JayEll
02-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Being a roller derby woman sounds fun!!! Go ahead and get there!!

I'd like to be at the weight I was at when I did martial arts. Once my weight got too high, I couldn't do it any more because I would get hurt during falls. I'm not about to take up martial arts again, but I'd like to be at that weight.

I wear men's pants generally because they fit my body better than women's, so there's no thrill there. :lol:

Jay

shelby897
02-11-2007, 07:57 AM
What a bunch of great ideas -- that only those of us struggling with our weight would understand!!

I played on a woman's soccer team a few years ago and would love to do it again!!! (And the whole "normal sized" underwear/pants would be great too!!)

LisaMarie71
02-11-2007, 01:35 PM
My secret goals are to run a marathon and to become a cross country coach at the school where I teach. I've told a few people, but I keep it secret because it seems so ridiculous!!

Glory87
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.

sumisan
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi

zoritsa
02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd love to be a fitness instructor.That,and be able to run.I've never been able to run for any length of time.

sweet_talker
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Glory, I just thought that was a mistype 'cause I didn't think it was possible :shrug: I'd be dreaming with a 27" :crossed:

Nikaia
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I want to get back into martial arts and get good at it...I want to island-hop the Carribbean on small sailboats (which necessitates that I be physically fit, and comfy in shorts/tank tops/bikini)...I want to play rugby again, although I don't know where I'll find a women's rugby team after I've graduated.

Oh, and...yeah, maybe this is weird, but...I kinda wanna be an exotic dancer for awhile. Just seems intoxicatingly sexy somehow.:o

trekkiegirl
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I want to look nice in a swimsuit...which is funny for me because I haven't been to the beach in years and don't believe in risking skin cancer and spotted skin in old age (if I get there) just to make my pale white skin look darker now...and I haven't even been much of a swimmer for years and years. :p
Actually...I think it boils down to wanting to have more confidence in how my body looks so that I lose some self-consciousness and inhibition, as well as gain some physical strength and endurance. I'd like to learn how to ballroom dance (I took classes once years ago but it's all forgotten). I'd like to ride a bike again without thinking about the keister I'm packing behind me. :p I'd like to take a self-defense class. I'd like to run around a track once like I'm in a race...was very fast as a kid and I miss just being able to run fast sometimes. Just various things that I'm either too self-conscious to try right now or too out of shape to even want to attempt.

Nikaia
02-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Ooh, you reminded me, Ellie...I wanna dance. Belly dance. Modern dance. Jazz dance. Ballet. Pick a genre; I just want to dance.

Gamerchick
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I had a dream where I ran and ran (jogging) for a long time around the neighborhood. I want to run, without my legs or back hurting or anyone making fun of me...(And that is kind of out of the park because my dad's side has bad calfs and I do, too...).

FreeSpirit
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi

That's adorable.

We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!

I know I have. :o

Nikaia
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
We've probably all pretended to be secret agents while doing our kickboxing/taebo tapes!

I won't tell if you won't. ;)

alinnell
02-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.

I've always fantasized about being smaller than my husband (or any of my boyfriends before I got married). But I have to face reality. I'm 5'8" and none of my boyfriends were that much bigger than me. When DH and I got married, I weighed somewhere between 155-165 and he was 150. His driver's license says he is 5'9" and he used to believe he was 5'11" (I made him face reality) but I still think I am taller than him. If I wear any kind of shoes and he is barefoot, I am taller (and you should see me gloat when I wear high heels!!!). Sure I can wear his clothes just fine, but they look silly on me. Instead, I got these really great big shirts that I wear with a camisole and tight black pants to lounge in. It looks like I'm wearing a big boyfriend shirt (except that it is pink!).

trekkiegirl
02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
The first time a boyfriend picked me up I was probably around 140 and I remember being totally surprised by it because 1) I didn't think I was that light and 2) he wasn't that big himself, lol. Actually, that positive feeling from being picked up lasted longer than the feelings for the guy, lol. :p

I wish we could get a bunch of us all together sometime and actually learn/do some of these things. I don't think anybody would ridicule anyone else and we'd probably end up having a blast. :carrot: I'd even be willing to try bellydancing. :p

Reddalice
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Roller Derby? I've always wanted to join the local team... but haven't even let myself entertain the idea- too embarrassed- I want to be the sexy, athletic, badass- not the comical fat one on wheels.

Anyways, my super secret goal? I want to get back into martial arts and add dancing on top of that. I loved martial arts, Kempo, and fantasize about it... I had a hard time being larger than the other students when I was a teen- though my flexibility and weight gave me a small advantage- but this time I want to feel strong on the merit of how hard I worked to get there and not how much fat/weight I can put into my kicks.

dhvaya
02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.

It's possible - with the use of corsets. I am a long-time user of corsets - or rather, I should say that I USED to extensively wear corsets. I'm not going to get into a debate about its merits-demerits, but I enjoyed having that tiny waist. Moreover, I'm short, and that size waist was a tremendous asset, even if I was "cheating" with a corset on!

Post baby and several years, later, I don't know if that's acheivable. Which is why I never talk about my aspirations in real life. Just look at what happened when I posted here... :D

Angihas2
02-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I want to get back in ballet. I haven't officially taken a class in more than 20 years, but I miss it.

almostheaven
02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't understand the comments that some of these goals are ridiculous or unrealistic. Skating in a roller derby, running a marathon, doing backflips? NONE of those are unrealistic. I didn't see any here that were truly unrealistic. They all seem like pretty doable goals to me. I would never have thought I'd have run a 3K race, but I've done two of them. Considering when I started this, I couldn't run 15 feet, I'd never discount anything like that as ridiculous or unrealistic.

alinnell
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I remember a few years ago when I did a cartwheel on a dare......I DID it, but it was painful for days afterward. Some things are left to the young!!! But you can always DREAM.

drake3272004
02-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I want to be able to do a push-up! Just one would be nice, but with tendonitis in both my hands I haven't been able to do a push-up in a real long time. Once I lose this weight, maybe I'll be able to! Less weight to lift, less pressure on my hands............sounds really good to me.:)

FreeSpirit
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
almostheaven - I don't think these are things that we don't think we can do... just things that we don't want to admit that we want to do. If that makes sense, lol.

I want to be able to touch my toes.

Aquanetrocker
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I roller derby!!! It's awesome. I think everyone should roller derby. It took me a while to be able to keep up with the skinny-minis on skates, but I have a blast.
.. and guess what? It doesn't hurt nearly as bad to fall on a plump butt :)
We've got girls of all sizes on our team! Get out there and do it! Skating makes me feel really powerful and sexy!

jcatron243
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM
My secret goal: to be smaller than my sister. She has always been the skinny one, even when were both small.

KateRN
02-12-2007, 06:16 AM
i want to try to go for a personal training license.

and

i really really want to go to the beach in a two peice and not cover up in a towel , diving for the boob high water so no one can see. -- im going to WALK to the water and maybe even lay out on a chair on the beach!

Miss Honey
02-12-2007, 07:42 AM
I wanted to join a women basketball league or start one with my friends

Purr
02-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I want to look like Angelina Jolie in Tombraider and walk into a school IEP meeting (big meeting for my son to get him services and work out his schedule) in black leather with an attitude. I'd like to do martial arts again and take a ballet class. :belly:

cupcake84
02-12-2007, 08:37 AM
I really used to love going out and dancing, so I want to be able to "get low" again lol if i did it now im sure id fall flat on my bum.
another is to run with my sister. She is the exact opposite of me, like 5'2 weighs maybe 110lbs and blonde, but shes a health nut, like NUT. anyways, i would love to be able to go for a run with her and show her that i can do it too, that im not the fat little sister anymore.....well i still am now, but not in a years time lol

Is that really me
02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I want to look like Angelina Jolie in Tombraider and walk into a school IEP meeting (big meeting for my son to get him services and work out his schedule) in black leather with an attitude. I'd like to do martial arts again and take a ballet class. :belly:

I also do IEP mtgs for my son (autistic spectrum disorder) and there are times when I'd love to go in there w/major attitude!!!

My secret goal (ok, fantasy): I want to be Sydney Bristow (Alias) Say no more!

Jo

50lbstomuch
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I just want to not be so self concience when i am wearnig nothing. I am seeing this new guy and we are getting a hotel room this weekend with a hot tub. And i know that i will be "not wearing a suit " in the tub. But i am embarressed for him to see me walking around with all my fat sloshing around.

crazynette826
02-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I also want to run a marathon! Or better yet do a triathalon!! Maybe someday!!

beautifulone
02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I want to be find out if I like to jog. and I want to join a sports team, and maybe get a black belt in some type of martial arts.

I want to reach a point when new people I meet will be unable to believe that I never exercised and was obsese. Instead, I want to be comfortable with my body and take care of myself always - I think there is a definite beauty about a woman who loves her body and nourishes it.

srmb60
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I want to be remarkably hot for my age.
I have a small fantasy about going to the local gym and having the owner say something like ... "Wow, you look great and really know what you're doing. Would you help me teach some ladies your age?"

Angihas2
02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I've been thinking about this more lately. I agree, I'd like Matt to be able to pick me up comfortably, to be able to wear his dress shirts, in a sexy manner. Thankfully, he's never said anything about my weigt, thinks I'm sexy when I come in covered in mud and stars knows what after being with the horses, so thats not an issue. But sheesh, he's 6'3", 209 pounds, the only time he wieghed more than me was when I was 9 mos pregnant with our last son, he put on some serious symapthy weight, and I ended that pregnancy at 289, the last time Matt weighed himself during that time period, he was 296, after that he didn't get on the scale for 6 mos and he was 245. Sometimes, I want to bash his brains in for his apparent ease in losing weight. He's tall, with broad shoulders and chest and has great muscles and CAN lift me, but I always worry he'll throw his back out. I'd like him to be able to pick me up like he use to be able to, easily. For him, a sexy lingerie outfit is me in one of his "wifebeater" tank tops and a pair of socks :dizzy: , not *my* idea of sexy hot, but it does it for him<men are odd odd odd creatures>, I'd like to be able to wear that for him one day, just running around the house without worrying about my meat apron and how unsexy *I* think it is.

twistedhoneydew
02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Mine's a little different, but if we're talking secret goals...

My grandmother died before I was born. I know so little about her, my mother and grandfather rarely speak of her, she'd always been kind of a great mystery to me. When I was dealing with my teenage issues I learned she'd been institutionalized at some point in her life, then I started to identify with this phantom ancestor...she knew how I felt, and that somewhere once upon a time there was someone who both loved and understood me, but I didn't even know her name, or what she looked like.

Several years later I was at a family function and saw a picture of her for the first time. She was beautiful. This wasn't some glamour shot or anything...just a black and white photo snapped of her and my grandfather outside in winter coats, but she looked better than any movie star. I could hardly believe I'm related to her, or that she's the dead ancestor who helped me pull through adolescence.

Someday I expect I'll have grandchildren, and they'll have grandchildren and so forth. And I'm sure they'll hear about me, and maybe one of them will come to think of their dead ancestor as a kindred spirit to help them through tough times. And I want them to be just as amazed when someday they stumble upon my picture.

Never live to see that one happen, but in the meantime I can focus on the health benefits, and of course looking good in my wedding dress. ;)

marbleflys
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
I want to wear the size 4 denim skirt in my closet that hasn't seen my hips in 3 years....I also want to be able to wear a 2 piece bikini like I wore in my early 20's.....but this time with the boobs I have now.

BTW, I've been kicking my x-Husband in the groin and punching him (and his mother) in the nose since Billy Blanks made his first Video......

(great thread, really enjoyed reading everyone's postings)

phantastica
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
twistedhoneydew, that's really poignant. I can relate - I have a grandmother that died while my mom was pregnant with me, and everybody always tells me how much I remind them of her.

There are some AWESOME ideas and goals in here! Ballet, martial arts, personal trainers! I love them all.

BlueToBlue
02-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I can totally relate to so many of the goals posted here. I do have one goal that hasn't been mentioned--I saw a picture of a woman sitting on her butt with her legs and feet pointing straight up and her head touching her knees. I totally want to be able to do that. I practice it every so often and every time I get just a little closer. I also would love to be able to do the splits, but I'm not sure I'll ever have that flexibility. I haven't even tried.

I want to fit into my bf's pants.
It's true--I secretly try on my SO's jeans from time to time just to see if they fit. It's been a while, maybe I'll try them on again tonight. :devil:

Weighing less than him was also a huge goal for me. I also would love for him to be able to pick me up, but he has back problems (eats junk, never exercises, still is stick thin, go figure :dunno: ) so this is never going to happen. My trainer at the gym will often hold my feet up when I do triceps and one time he made a comment about how light I am; I swear, I practically got tears in my eyes.

My secret goal: to be smaller than my sister. She has always been the skinny one, even when were both small.
Check this one off for me too. When we were small, I was thinner, but from high school on, she was thinner and guys were always more interested in her.

Secretly fantasize about being Sydney Bristow: check!
Look hot for my age: yep, definitely want that!
Have someone at the gym comment on how great I'm doing: yep, want that too!
Wear a swimsuit and feel good about it, yep, definitely want that!
Run a marathon: wait, no, don't want to do that at all, but you go girl!

sweet_talker
02-13-2007, 10:05 PM
:lol: Barbara, I'm with you on the marathon comment! And how many of our goals overlap!!

I also secretly want my grandma to tell me to eat more because I'm getting too skinny in that grandmotherly way :o (I wouldn't actually be too skinny, it's just her way of saying "you've lost weight, so indulge in more of my delicious food!") haha

KateRN
02-14-2007, 03:39 AM
oh!

i also want a guy to pick me up! physically pick me up and carry me!

finn
02-14-2007, 06:51 AM
I'd love to run a marathon and wear a bikini..but obviously not at the same time! :rofl:

JukieF
02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
I ride a motorcycle, and the forum I'm on has a yearly get-together in Montana. I've gone the last two years, and both years I've been at my heaviest weight. I want to show up this July and not have anyone recognize me. :-) I haven't told anyone I'm losing weight. I just want to see the looks on their faces when I ride in.

veggielover
02-14-2007, 07:50 PM
oh!

i also want a guy to pick me up! physically pick me up and carry me!

You know, I took that for granted until you said it was your secret wish/goal. I'm literally swung and tossed around by both buys and girls and I get so annoyed easily because I can't lift other people, but now that I think about it... maybe I shouldnt take it for granted. In a few years I might just be a bit heavier...

sweet_talker
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd love to run a marathon and wear a bikini..but obviously not at the same time! :rofl:
:lol3: haha...awesome

Angihas2
02-14-2007, 10:54 PM

:rofl: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Come on, why not?! We could make millions having a bikini marathon in the streets of NYC!!!

trekkiegirl
02-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Or find yourself on youtube with millions watching your boobs. :p

RememberHowToSmile
02-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I relate to so many of these. Iím glad the goals arenít just my own.

Here are my top 4:

Be thinner then my sister (who has always been the thin one in the family). She would be so upset if she found this out.

To wear a little black dress (and make it look good)!

To wear cute underwear and look cute in it.

To be picked up by a guy (I canít remember ever being thin enough to be picked up by a guy).

Bailey5
02-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I agree... so many of these goals are similar to mine... I think I would like to be picked up by a guy while wearing a bikini! I am desperate to fit into a bikini by April when i go on my honeymoon to jamaica... and actually feel comfortable in it!

Bean87
02-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm totally with you guys on the bikini thing...on the beach, on the sand...ahhhhh. OH and i really want to be able sit without a whole roll of fat resting over my jeans.

pixiefalls
02-15-2007, 12:31 AM
And I thought I was the only one in some of this stuff.. it's cool to know you aren't alone.

I was just looking yesterday for a little black dress I'd love to have when I reach goal. Me and my bf were talking about clothing but I don't remember about what. Anyway, he said I had no style. I was offended at first but I started thinking about it.. he's right, I don't. I've, for all my life, have worn big t-shirts and jeans because I couldn't find anything to fit me that I really liked. I'm excited about getting my own style finally;). So many things I want to wear that I would never have dared to before. So many Victoria's Secret clothes I'd like to wear...

I've always secretly wanted to be a fitness trainer but never have dared to tell anyone in fear they'd just laugh because I wasn't fit.

sweet_talker
02-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Pixiefalls, I think being a fitness trainer would be amazing!

pixiefalls
02-15-2007, 02:18 AM
:) Sounds like fun to me.

I love to workout, it's just the eating part I have to keep control of!;)

Aquanetrocker
02-15-2007, 04:07 AM
I want to be considered one of those "healthy people", you know?
I want people to know that I'm funny because I'm actually funny, not just because being the funny fat girl is a form of social protection.
.. I really want to be smokin' hot. It might sound basic, but I really struggle with my feminist values and weight loss. I largely feel that by wanting to be a skinny mini I'm just caving in to societal sterotypes. I have to tell myself that I'm doing this to be healthy and strong... but when it comes down to it,don't tell the feminists, but I want to be considered a "hot chick".. is that horrible?

nubiancooki
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I have so many secret wishes: I'll just do a few:

-I want to have a nice shape. I'm actually undecided about the actual weight number, but all my life I've been uncomfortable about my shape. I'm big chested and heavy up top, but extremely small at the bottom (meaning no hips, butt, or legs) Being overweight just makes it look worse. My wish is to get down to a size where I don't look so out of proportion. Not sure how much my boobs will actually shrink, but enough to look like I have some sort of waist.
-If I achieve my first wish, then my second is to wear a one piece dress.
-To be smaller than my "always used to be skinny sister". Now she's picked up some weight and I'd love to say I weigh less
-To be in single digit sizes on the bottom and something like a Medium on top. Right now I'm a 14 - 16 bottom and 16 on top.

Sunnigummi
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM

This is going to sound silly, but, I want his friends to be jealous of him and think that I'm hot.

Can I just say...that's EXACTLY how I feel? I'm in such a slump right now and having every other girl on the planet get more attention than me is pretty depressing. When I meet my SO in a few months, I would love for him to think "wow, she's hot!" His friends too, but more him... :dizzy:

veggielover
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I want to be considered one of those "healthy people", you know?
I want people to know that I'm funny because I'm actually funny, not just because being the funny fat girl is a form of social protection.
.. I really want to be smokin' hot. It might sound basic, but I really struggle with my feminist values and weight loss. I largely feel that by wanting to be a skinny mini I'm just caving in to societal sterotypes. I have to tell myself that I'm doing this to be healthy and strong... but when it comes down to it,don't tell the feminists, but I want to be considered a "hot chick".. is that horrible?

NO, and I APPLAUD you for that. Most feminists I know will go on and on about how being thin is like submission to the men's ideal of women's bodies but being healthy and attractice is something YOU might want for YOURSELF. Isn;t that the important part? Aside from the whole female/male difference, we're all human in that we want what we individually want. If you want to be healthy and attractice for your own good, there's no wrong in that. I'm not a feminist in the least but I believe that weight loss or health isn't a sacrifice to to other people- its for my own good. I hate it when girls say "guys like <insert some stupid body part relation here>" because how would they ever know why I'm interested? I never said I was being healthy for guys to notice me!! And yet some women totally make assumptions. Ugh.

CurvyCutie31
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I want to surprise my boyfriend when I go visit him this summer (it is a long distance relationship) He loves my body just as it is, but he knows that health wise, I should be taking better care of me. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees a happier, healthier me. :carrot:

beautifulone
02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Me and my bf were talking about clothing but I don't remember about what. Anyway, he said I had no style. I was offended at first but I started thinking about it.. he's right, I don't. I've, for all my life, have worn big t-shirts and jeans because I couldn't find anything to fit me that I really liked. I'm excited about getting my own style finally;). So many things I want to wear that I would never have dared to before.

Pixie - I can relate to that! I have never really had nice clothes :( and now that I am losing weight, I don't want to spend all that money on things I won't use in a while. So I still feel frumpy some days. But I am so excited for when I hit my goal weight and even size 13 (I'll be able to buy things on sale at regular sized stores = VARIETY!) ... looking forward so much to finding my own style. :)

Reddalice
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I want clothes that feels like skin and skin that feels less like clothes...

FreeSpirit
02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I ride a motorcycle, and the forum I'm on has a yearly get-together in Montana. I've gone the last two years, and both years I've been at my heaviest weight. I want to show up this July and not have anyone recognize me. :-) I haven't told anyone I'm losing weight. I just want to see the looks on their faces when I ride in.

Wingding?

I shall be there! (If that's what you're talking about, lol).

If not, then I'm planning on going to most of the motorcycle thingies in Montana. Hah. Maybe I will see you there and not know it's you, but think in my head "Dang, she's hot!" :hug: ;)

hikerchick
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I love this thread. I have two goals.

I want to be able to do a pull up and a cartwheel.

:strong:

And I'll take the sexy underwear too. Why not?

:devil:

drake3272004
02-15-2007, 07:11 PM
I love this thread. I have two goals.

And I'll take the sexy underwear too. Why not?

I would LOVE to be able to do a pull up too! I've never been able to do one, even when I was a itty bitty skinny kid:o

Crescendo
02-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I want to get rid of my backfat and walk without my thighs rubbing next to each other. I want to wear a skirt or a dress and not have to worrry if people are noticing how much they rub together. I want to stand with my feet parallel to my hips and for there to be space between my thighs.

phantastica
02-16-2007, 04:23 PM

I can do a cartwheel, much to my surprise! It's very rewarding to do one. An odd feeling, having every cell in your body being pulled the opposite direction of gravity!

IAte86Crayons
02-21-2007, 03:02 AM
oh, i love this thread!

i want my brothers to be able to carry me on their shoulders like they used to do when i was little, like this (http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BLG/BLG001/011411BL.jpg).

i want to be able to fit into those undies for little boys with the cartoon characters on them and dance around the house. :^:

i want to go out with my best friend (who's a size 5 and very VERY flirtacious) and have equal if not more attention from guys.

i want to gain self confidence and not be so darn shy! my weight definitely holds me back from this.

i want to have full body pics on myspace :lol:

i want to be able to wear my dream swimsuit (http://img.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2006/products/June2/051606_kamali_01c.jpg) (and its not a bikini either) and look hot even though it's a one piece.

oh yeah, and i also want to be smaller than my dad (he wears a 32 in pants)

Gogirl008
02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow, this is so great! I can relate to so much of this.

-I want to pick out clothes that are trendy and look hot, not clothes that cover things or hide things.

-I want to look like one of the healthy moms. Athletic and trim and put together.

-I really want to look and feel great in my bathing suit. No more hiding behind wraps and cover ups.

-If I were younger I would learn to skateboard, there I said it! (I'd break a hip now)

-I want to feel comfortable walking around neked in front of DH. I'm hoping being thin will get me to that point!

Artemesia
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I want to comfortably wear a tank top this summer. I've always felt my arms were too flabby, but now that I've lost some weight I've noticed they're shrinking!

I'd also like to be as thin as my sister. I've always been the bigger one, and I really hate that constant comparison.

booskibabe
02-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Wow, these are great! My secret goal is to be a true head turner. You know, like in Memoirs of A Geisha (The guy wrecked his bike cuz he was staring at the women.) I want to look good in a teeny tiny bikini.

nikki thumb
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
i want to be the one who gets to say "i like you a lot, but just as a friend." rather than having everyone say it to me!

xxx

royalsfan1
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I want to go to baseball fantasy camp next January.

I want to look SEXY at my husband's company Christmas party this year.

I want to look adorable in sweatpants....not frumpy!

onmyown
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I secretly want to be a hot momma. I have 4 teenagers! I want to fit in with them better. I told my daughter this morning that my goal was to fit into her jeans. (OK...she wears a size 4 jrs) and she said, very funny! Wait until she starts stealing MY clothes! haha!

T

FreeSpirit
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I want to be able to put my feet behind my head. Weird, I know.

Angihas2
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I want Matt's button down shirts to look sexy hot on me, we all know the women's in their man's clothing thing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who filches her old man's clothing. He has a couple of hot shirts I would love to be able to pair with some jeans and look HOT in.

Trendle
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I want to be able to rock climb. Or climb a mountain. A small one, not Everest or anything like that. I just want to have the energy and physical ability to do it, because I think it would be amazing to stand at the top and say, I Did That.

chrissyk
03-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow, these are all great goals -- and none of them are silly !!!

We all have different things that are important to us life is for living -- so go for it !!

Personally, I hit my goal weight in December and I was so excited when I put on my husband's jeans and they were too big for me. He is about my height and has always been smaller than me -- UNTIL NOW !!!

I am now the lightest person in the house and I can't even tell you how that has changed my perspective :)

Keep it up ladies and gentlemen !!

finn
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
My secret goal is to enter a half marathon on March 24th. I am running about 8 miles at the moment so I know I won't be fit enough to run it all but all the same I'd love to enter. Hmmm am I brave enough though...

Angihas2
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I want to learn to ice skate so I can teach my kids.

I plan to get my 3 yr old her first pair of rollerblades or skates this summer, I want to be the one to teach her.

I want to continue teaching my kids to ride horses, this is MUCH easier to do when I'm fit.

ellabella
03-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Omigosh....I think I may be too OLD for this thread, but I still have some *secret* goals, even at this late date. First, I actually WOULD like to look decent in my undies. LOL! I have some pretty cute ones in the back of my drawer that haven't seen the light of day in about five years, now. Mostly, though, I'd like to be the sort of *woman of a certain age* who can throw on a pair of not-so-tight, but perfectly fitting designer jeans with a tight black turtle neck sweater, a pair of black Old Navy flip-flops with my soon-to-be silver hair in a nice long braid, and look "damned good for my age". An aging, but ever-so-interesting artist-type.
Yup - I'd LOVE to be smaller than my sister, but THAT really IS silly: she's 3 inches shorter and has always been skinny - now that she's getting older, she just keeps getting skinnier without even trying. Some people have all the luck!
Just a quick comment to Twisted Honeydew: VERY interesting about calling on an ancestor for help through difficult times. It's actually a very old tradition in many belief systems, you know. :)

Secret goals are wonderful - there are some things in life that we need to do JUST for ourselves, and that's the truth!

Great day, all!
Ella

msnewbooty
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I was actually going to start a thread about this same subject today...because I think I have a "silly" goal too. Are any of you familiar with the Suicide Girls? I think they are beautiful and love the idea behind it all. Ever since I discovered them, I've wanted to be one of them. So one of my "secret" goals isnt necessarily to be a Suicide Girl, but to have pictures of my own in that style.

Silly, huh? :)

JasonsLea
03-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Who are the SGs?

JasonsLea
03-05-2007, 02:04 PM
One of my secret goals is to learn how to belly dance! It just looks so sexy and freeing! And I'm so self concious and I want to stop being like that.

I would also love to be one of those girls who is just so beautiful you can't help but look. And I don't mean necessarrily (sp?) physically gorgeous but have 'it' that makes all eyes turn towards you. Have you ever seen girls like that? I want to be able to rock full-goth, black/red and skulls everywhere, and have the football players gaze at me and want to take me home to mama! I want to be as sexy confident as Angelina, Bettie, and Marilyn!

Su-Bee
03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I want to weigh less than my husband.

I also. . .and this is bad, I know. . .but I want people to tell me to watch myself, b/c they think I am getting too thin!

msnewbooty
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Who are the SGs?

The Suicide Girls are a group of girls doing modern day "burlesque" shows. The website is www.suicidegirls.com (not work safe, FYI) and of course they have a MySpace page too. They do photoshoots but also do live shows (I was fortunate enough to catch one a few years back).

They don't fit society's "norms" of beauty, in that most of them have tattoos, piercings, crazy hair, etc.

But I think they are all so beautiful. I'd love to have my picture on their site one day....

Cats tongue
03-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Hmmm... Secret goals? To some degree my secret goal is just to be thin, I always want people to think I'm really happy with myself as I am -- to some degree I am happy.

I guess my biggest secret goal is that I want to be tinier than my friends. I want to become magically athletic, and have a flat stomach (Which is where I store fat, even when I was thin, it wasn't very flat). I just really want the perfect "hour glass shape". I'd be happy at the weight I am now If my fat was distributed quite differently.

Melgettinthin
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Lovelypurple: When I was thin I was able to put one leg behind my head and I want to be able to do it again!

Secret goals: I want to be able to sit on my boyfriend's lap and instead of worrying about crushing him, just sit there and feel sexy!

Melgettinthin
03-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm really hoping my weight loss will stop me from snoring so loudly! (Cuz I never snored like this in my 'thin days'!)

LookingForHope
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Twenty years ago, in my 20s, I used to go to back to back aerobic classes after work then jog when I got home. I love to dance! I have dreams now where it is evening and I am running in the neighborhood I lived in when I was 25. My bare feet are slapping the pavement, the evening breeze is warm and I feel free. I think I am searching for the freedom of being rid of my weight.:dance:

sweet_talker
03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I want to be able to sit on my boyfriend's lap and instead of worrying about crushing him, just sit there and feel sexy!

Me too!!

I have dreams now where it is evening and I am running in the neighborhood I lived in when I was 25. My bare feet are slapping the pavement, the evening breeze is warm and I feel free. I think I am searching for the freedom of being rid of my weight.:dance:

Very interesting perogative, LookingForHope! Thank you so much, I think I realized something very important to me.

I have dreams like this too. When I wake up, they're so inspirational and yet I still don't take up running. I'm afraid it won't feel the same way as it did when I was smaller. Running (I used to do a lot of running in sports) felt so much easier when it felt like I wasn't carrying ANYTHING extra. The irony being that if I ran I would achieve the body I want so that I can run. I'll look into that soon.

Grumbleworts
03-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Ooo...I have some.

-The underwear thing for me too
-To see my best friend from college who has since ditched me for "trendier" people and be smaller than her. She's drinking so much she's gained weight, and I would get a perverse kick out of being *finally* smaller than or at least the same size as her and maybe getting the same or more attention as her while out with guys.
-If I ever find a boy, I want himto be able to lift me without killing himself.
-I would like to be one of the hot chicks at my summer job and be able to wear shorts and a tank top without flinching. Right now I wear jeans and a t-shirt in 100+ heat.
-To look in the mirror and not see the flab.

keeponkeepingon
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
yeah! i'm glad to see this thread-I was thinking about this today!!!
I have two secret goals. one is shallow, the other is not so shallow.
Okay, so the not shallow one first. I want to do a "my first triathalon" next spring. and the second, TOTALLY shallow is-I want to wear a bikini and look good when i go on vacation to tropical places!!!! i'm sick of looking of photos from vacations and just hating them because of the way that i look-even if i am in the most beautiful place.
there-that feels better, glad i could tell someone that.

spanky
03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Awwwww. Y'all are so sweet! These are wonderful goals--secret or not!

For me, it'd have to be that I want "The Look". I remember when I was younger that there were certain older women who were out of this world elegant and awesome. They seemed to outclass the young hotties without giving it a thought. In my mind Audrey Hepburn embodied that "Look". She could make black capris and a black short sleeved turtle neck look Sooooooo groovy. Effortlessly.

I want to be one of those "certain older women..."

Standing by with the black capris.....

spanky;)

sweet_talker
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
they had black capris like that at gap!! i bought a pair. i love audrey hepburn :val1:

kestrel
03-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I want to wear sexy underwear without my butt eating them.

I want to be able to wear a bikini again, or at least a cute bathing suit.

I want to be able to wear a tank top without my fat, flabby upper arms scaring away young children.

I want to be able to go hiking with my family, more than just a couple of miles.

I want to be the cute mom. ;) I used to be pretty when I was younger and thinner. I know that "me" has to still be in here somewhere, I need to find her.

I want my hubby to think I'm hot. :D He never knew the slender me, I want him to meet her.

I want to be able to take sexy pictures for my husband to take with him when he goes to sea. :o

beautifulone
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I enjoy this thread so much.

Another one of my goals is to feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit in public, especially on a beach. I don't stretch marks, possible loose skin (though I hope not!), or other marks to matter and bother me.

I just want to be proud of myself for the work I have done and the health benefits I have taken on. I want that confidence to override any insecurities related to appearance.