Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies,#13

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies,#13

Sherry
02-10-2007, 11:58 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/val

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Vouge, don't worry about the weight gain sweetie. It is your body getting use to the new eating plan. This next week, count calories and drink more water...you will see a loss. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! We have all been where you are at this very minute.

ShelleyM
02-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Vogue-With all the fruits and veggies you are eating, you are bound to show a gain at first. Just keep eating right and the lbs. will fall off, not to mention the inches!

Sherry-Such a pretty valentine! Thansks again for coming back and starting us off. It's so nice to have you back with us.

Gayle-How's the old ladies??? I got my hair cut short yesterday and love it. I wish I could come to you and have you style it.

shelby897
02-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Good morning :sunny:

Any special qualifications to post here? Particular diet, weight loss effort, etc.? Just looking for somewhere to "hang out".

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

vouge09
02-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Im not discourage it was just extremly shocking . That confused me shelly. How would eating better with fruits and veggies make me gain weight , we all know I am not over eating.

Shelby- there is no qualifications . Welcome!!!!!! I think i have seen you in goals thread right?

shelby897
02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Vouge09 -- To be honest, I've kind of lost track of where I've been :dizzy: , I just keep drifting around, whenever I see something interesting.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for letting me come over here -- nice to have some place to hang out.

alinnell
02-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome Shelby!!!

Sorry to hear about the gain, vogue. But I'm sure it is temporary.

Shelley~got any pics of the new do?

I am working on my new menu for the week. Thank goodness for Cooking Light!!! I have mostly Mexican and Italian dishes. Yummmmmy! Since I started this new menu thing, I've lost a total of 2.5 pounds!!! Exactly 8 to go now.

Have a wonderful Sunday, y'all!

ShelleyM
02-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Welcome Shelby!! Just join on in. This is a wonderful group of ladies.

Lynneye
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome Shelby!

We are supposed to get our first significant snowstorm of the season this week and I am dancing around! I really hope so! Otherwise, usual week for me, I did lose 1.4 at WW this week. Very happy about that. Goal for this month is to continue with the exercise at the gym and of course my belly dancing.

Vouge, I am sure the weight gain is temporary. Give it another week or two and you won't believe it.

Well my handyman is here, we have to replace the thermostats in here. The one in the living room is broken, it is either on full blast or we have to turn it off. So we have been turning it on for a bit, then off, then back on. So we are replacing all of them.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend

vouge09
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
that belly dancing sounds fun , i hope to god its temp. I cant go gaining another 10lbs.
shelby- come back anytime.

Lynneye
02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Belly dancing is so much fun! You should try it, check out your local library for some videos!

gdeann
02-14-2007, 12:50 AM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to my favorite sweeties! I hope each and every one of you has a special day and know your being thought of.

:val2: :val1: :grouphug:

ShelleyM
02-14-2007, 06:48 AM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!:val2: :val3: :val1:

ShelleyM
02-14-2007, 06:51 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHERRY AND WAYNE!!:val2:

gdeann
02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHER & WAYNE!!! Have a great day filled with love and special memories! :hug: :congrat: :cofdate:

alinnell
02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
:val1: Happy Valentines Day to Everyone!!! :val1:

Sherry
02-14-2007, 06:25 PM
:val2:Happy Valentine's Day!!! :val2:

I hope everyone has a great day!! Thanks for my anniversary wishes!!:love:

SuzyMc
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I got 20 inches of snow for Valentine's Day and today I'm getting a really good workout by moving all that snow out of the driveway! ;)

It's quiet around here...how is everyone else doing?

Sherry
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Suzy..
Here in Nashville, We got a dusting of snow that's all gone now.But they closed the schools because of back roads this morning. So I have a paid day off and it's all gone now! :lol: I bet people from other states laugh at us!

I would love to have 20 inches! As a matter of fact..I've never seen that much!!

How is everyone else? :wave:

alinnell
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Snow is highly overrated, IMO!!! I remember one Christmas, waking up and needing to drive 30+ miles to my sister's house for brunch. We could barely get the car out of the garage because the snow was so deep. Due to the holiday, a lot of the snowplow drivers were off, and it was really, really challenging to get to my sister's house.

I read this earlier, and it makes so much sense: 10 grams of carbohydrates in the form of squishy white bread will actually contribute more calories than 10 grams of carbohydrates in the form of fiber-enriched whole-grain bread because of the indigestibility of the fiber. No wonder whole foods are better for us and for dieting in general.

4myloves
02-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Does anyone ever hear from Ramona? The e-mail address I have for her doesn't work anymore and I worry.

Also, Janice, could you pm me your e-mail addy again? The one I had for you didn't work either.

:)

(And I would LOVE to get 20 inches of snow as long as everyone was safe and sound--and I had a good fire in the stove, a good book and some hot chocolate!!)

SuzyMc
02-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I finally have the car and the van cleaned off and the driveways cleared and I'm beat! It was quite the workout...my arms feel like they are going to fall off! :lol: Schools were closed yesterday and today...I'm assuming that they will be back on normal schedules tomorrow.

Allison ~ I know there are quite a few diets that don't allow any white foods for that same reason. I try to limit them and I can live without white bread, but I have to have a potato every now and then!

alinnell
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Personally, I think potatoes are just fine. They are a whole food, after all. I'm more of a proponent of eating it the way God intended (so no junk food).

Lynneye
02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
We ended up with about 5 inches of snow but lots of ice. The sleet yesterday sounded like it would break the windows! today we are cleaning up and getting back to normal. I would have loved 20 (or more) inches of snow!

gdeann
02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
WE had an ice storm and then several inches of snow. I AM SO SICK OF WINTER! I slid a couple of times getting Allison to school...scares the crap-ola out of me! LOL! The kids missed one day of school here...should of been two days out as bad as the roads were.
Cheryl, add wine to the list if I'm joining you by the fire. I need some booze if I'm going to continue putting up with this white stuff. I have an email address for Ramona, I will send it to you. The last few times I have sent here anything, I haven't heard back.
Allison, I agree, whole foods are the way to go. Now just to have the displine to pass up the junk food.
Suzy, take a long hot bath and soak up some warmth after all that time outdoors. BTW, how is Tim's Aunt?
Sher, I can't believe you guys cancel school over a dusting of snow. Here, it has to be blizzard like conditions.
Gotta go!~

ShelleyM
02-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Cheryl-I haven't heard from Ramona. I think her life is very hectic and she doesn't have time to post. If you get a response, please let us know. Tell her how much we all love and miss her.

gdeann
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I heard from Ramona right before the holidays and yes, her life was hectic. Dan had been in another accident with his girlfriend, they were both ok but it really scared everyone. If I remember correctly it happened on the anniversary of his other accident. Ramona was also very depressed about gaining some weight back too. I really wish she would come here to visit. I sent her a Christmas card this year but never heard back from her. I hope someone hears from her and she realizes the support she has here if she needs it.

Shelley, want some snow????

coles
02-16-2007, 10:54 AM
[/URL] file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/New%20User/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/IMG00001.JPGI know this picture is kind of dark but this is my back yard this morning.
I am sending snow fibs everyones way but mine.[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7925)

coles
02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Okay guess that didn't work. We have tons of snow.

vouge09
02-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Allison- is that you on the right in the picture or on the left?
I had a nice valentines day. This boy at school , a good friend of mine , his name is john , was aking me what I was doing on wendsday so I was like " Oh nothing I have to work . " I didnt think anything of it , when I go to work guess who shows up at 8:30 at work? John , not just John though , John and a teddy bear , 12 roses, a huge box of candy and 3 helium booloons. Im like OMG John what are you doing herre? Whos that for? still not catching on , he laughs , who do you think? Im like i dont know anyone you like, tell me whos it for , hes like its for you silly. I started laughing at first then realized he was serious, no way im like hes like Amy , Do you want to go to prom with me? ( Hes a junior ) Im like , no way this is happening, im in my mcdonald's uniform all gross and greasy , and he's here being my romeo , im like yes yes yes ! ah im so excited!

alinnell
02-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh, vogue!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! How neat!!! Have fun at prom!

I'm the taller one with blonde hair in the black shirt. DD didn't have time to do her hair so it's pulled back into a ponytail.

gdeann
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Amy, I am so thrilled for you! John sounds like a sweetie, what a neat way to break the ice plus get you to go to prom with him. He must really like you to bring you flowers, balloons and a stuffed animal. I bet he never noticed the McDonalds grease either... LOL!

ShelleyM
02-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Vogue-How sweet! When is the prom? I can't wait to help you prepare for it!

Gayle-You poor baby! Falling on the ice. Are you okay?

Lynneye
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Vogue, so exciting the prom and John sounds like a real sweetie to show up at work with everything! Can't wait to hear all about the preperations for the prom!!

Around here, things have the been the same, I have been off work for a few days, first due to the snow/ice storm and now for Pres. weekend. Loving the time home and dreading going back to work on Tuesday.

gdeann
02-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Shelley, when I wrote that I slid a few times, I meant in the car. HA! HA! It is the strangest feeling in the world to be driving and all of a sudden the car is sliding on ice and you have no control. You really need to come visit me this next Winter so you can experience all the fun. LOL!

vouge09
02-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I know omg! I gotta get a dress, I know he doesnt care if I loose weight but OIm going to lose like 10 before the prom. its in late march. I cant belive he asked me though! im a sophomore and hes a junior but hes like my best friend , i can and have told him anything. Later is was like to him , omg i was so embrassed in my mcdonalds uniform hes like , I knew you wouldnt be looking your best when I went there I know cause you were working you would be greasy and stuff but I didnt care I was going to wait itll after you got off work but I couldnt wait . I was like awww. Were going to meet tomorow for coffee, then later for some dinner, aw a date. I thought he was cute but i didnt think he would ever be intrested in me.

allison gah you look so good in that picture also !!!

gdeann
02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Amy, have fun on you first official date with your friend! See how things work out? It is always best to have a friendship first then work into a relationship. He sounds like a sweetheart. NOW! As a mother talking, make sure no matter how much you get caught up in the romance and the moment, don't do anything without thinking about it first. A wrong decision can affect your entire lifetime. I know I shouldn't be writing this because you really have a level head on your shoulders. HAVE FUN SWEETIE!

alinnell
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Gayle--I love your new avatar!

Vogue--thanks. I do like that photo.

vouge09
02-17-2007, 10:43 PM
oh gosh , i have made my mind in that department and that is none untill marriage and im not getting married till im around 25 I said at least 25 so im good there dont worry.

coles
02-19-2007, 08:07 AM
AMY - You go girl!! How exciting for you.

vouge09
02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
;-)

SuzyMc
02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Yesterday was my worst "diet" day ever and I mean ever! Not so much because of what I ate, but Tim made a comment and he is normally very supportive of me no matter what I do and he rarely makes negative comments...especially directed at me. I had baked chocolate chip cookies to take to a pot luck on Saturday and I brought 6 cookies home. I was home alone with those 6 cookies on Sunday and needless to say "they disappeared"...yep, I ate all of them. Last night Tim went looking for the cookies and when he couldn't find them he asked me if I had eaten ALL those cookies. I told him that I had and at that point I'm starting to get angry then he said "You mean you ate all of those cookies? There were like 6 cookies in that container!" Holy cow...I was already beating myself up for eating them and then he had to come right out and rub my nose in it and since when did he start keeping track of how much I eat? I told him that he really hurt my feelings and he did apologize, but it's still bothering me today. Probably because truth hurts, huh? Apparently it was the kick in the butt that I needed too because I have been SO OP today and I haven't even thought about cheating. I also went through and purged the house of all food that isn't diet friendly, so Tim won't have to bother looking for chocolate chip cookies again! ;)

alinnell
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Suzy~don't beat yourself up too much! I'm sure he didn't mean it to be as bad as it came across. But you did do a good thing by purging the house of food that is not diet healthy!

Yesterday, the family and I did the 5k race. DS, DH and I came in at 45 minutes (it was a pretty good, fast walk with a few spurts of jogging mixed in). Once mile 2 hit, we kind of slowed up a bit. I was hoping for 40 minutes. DD and her friend took 50 minutes. My butt kind of hurts a bit today. That and my foot. I must have stepped on something because I have a big bruise on the bottom of my foot--makes it kind of hard to walk today.

ShelleyM
02-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Suzy-I don't think Tim meant anything by it either, other than he wanted to have a few of them too. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing great and we all have a couple of setbacks.

Allison-Wow, that's a great race! Congratulations.

Vogue-What style prom dress are you thinking of? Short or long?

I started back with Core and my weight is up. I think it's probably all the salt I have been having. I have been eating microwave popcorn, instead of my normal air popped plain in the microwave. I'm not giving on. This is such a struggle for all of us!

alinnell
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Shelley~although I feel good about my race time, I know I could have done better had I not hung out with DH!! LOL. I was hoping for 40 minutes, got 45 instead. I wish I had someone close that would drag me out and train with me so I could get better. The people who ran the 5k came in under 20 minutes (I doubt I'll ever run, but jogging the whole way would be a huge improvement for me).

My weight was down to 140, but back to 142.5 this morning. Don't know why, I was very, very good yesterday. I'll have to be extra good today.

vouge09
02-20-2007, 08:03 PM
im going to look for long , pink or red, yeah I had a good time with him ,we went to the movies and spent sometime fooling around at the beach , it was nice , Were not in love , i told him i wont use that word untill I plan to be with someone forever he thought it was cute and said he wouldnt either. we are having a good time just hanging out right now. way to go on the 5 k man I wouldnt even dream of attemping one! suzy - how many times has that happened to everyone? dont worry.

gdeann
02-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Amy, have fun just hanging out, no need to rush things. Have you looked for a dress yet?

Allison great job with the race! It is so neat the whole family was involved.

Shelley, are you feeling better? How is Mike doing?

Where is our sweetie Cheryl?

Suzy, I'm sure Tim didn't mean anything by his comment, but I also know it made you feel horrible. {{{HUGS}}} Isn't it amazing, we can control everything else going on in our lives, but not our desire for food? :-)

Lurkers, please post, we miss you!

I am starting ALL over again today. I keep using the excuse life is too hectic to worry about and take time for me to count calories, prepare food etc. Guess what? It is never going to change, so I guess I better just suck it up and get in the diet mode.

4myloves
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Here!! I'm here!

I had a long week-end, so no computer. Then I didn't work a whole day yesterday because I had a presentation in class last night. So I tried to catch-up on my reading.

Way to go on the date Amy! I'm so happy for you!

I walked in a 5k one time. It was cool! I liked being in the crowd of people!

I wish I had some chocolate chip cookies. Yum. I wouldn't care WHAT Stewart said! (Well, I would, but I'd just whop him upside the head).

Gayle, thanks for asking about me! :)

4myloves
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Please stop!!

A new thread has been started!