Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #1  

Default just a quick hello..

This is my second time on weight watchers. I've been doing it for a couple of weeks and I've only lost 3 pounds. I usually lose weight fast, and I don't like to get on the scale often because when I don't see results I get frustrated and quit. I try to weigh myself once or twice a week so I don't go insane. I am in no way an excersizer, but I'm trying to change that. I'm gonna be getting my period any day now, so i keep telling myself its that so I don't get frustrated. Its just really annoying because I am working SO hard to stay on track, and I cant really see any results! I'm VERY impatient tho. I like to see changes over night and I can't stand it when I don't!

Nothing really specific, just had to VENT! Any motivation or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ToxicTears - Welcome!

I'm not on WW, but we do have a thriving forum here for those who are. Go check it out and post, post, post!

As for wanting to see changes overnight, maybe you can think about different ways to see "Change". You're not going to see the scale move overnight...just isn't going to happen. You might, however, note that it is easier to make healthy choices that day, or note how different what you are eating is from the way you used to eat. Every day the changes we've made if we successfully lose weight are there, even if they don't appear on the scale.

Best of luck! Hope to see you around soon!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I agree with Mandalinn. Look for other ways to track your progress. Sometimes the scale doesn't move like we think it should. However for 2 weeks 3 pounds is awesome!! That's 1.5 pounds a week, which is more than 70 pounds over the course of a year!! I know it's hard, I also like to see results right away. I'm not the most patient of people, but I just keep telling myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight. So I'm not going to lose it over night. Slow and steady leads to a better chance of keeping it off! Good luck! Keep at it!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/238/190/150

Default slow is better than never

My leader read a page the other day..it goes on to say something like-the lady overheard says that it isn't worth that fraction of a pound to go on with it, so she leaves, only to return at a later time 43 lbs heavier. Moral being--slow is better than never...
I have been on four 3 wks and have lost only about 3 lbs. But i agree that slow is better than never, for I would much rather lose a little each week instead of stay the same or worse gain..keep it up because we can do this!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/

Height: 5,1 ish

Slow and steady wins the race.
Closed Thread