General chatter - Anna Nicole Smith Dies

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith Dies

Sassy_Chick
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Anna Nicole Smith Dies (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/gossip/16654506.htm)

FrouFrou
02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
I think that is so sad. After all she has been thru.

RocknRoll
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I saw this while i was at the gym... sooo sad :(

phantastica
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
No kidding, lots of tragedy in her life.

I wonder if it was the TrimSpa.

bargoo
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
That is a shock, what a sad life she has had. Being beautiful and famous doesn't guarentee happines

cbmare
02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
No kidding, lots of tragedy in her life.

I wonder if it was the TrimSpa.

I was wondering the same thing.

rockinrobin
02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
This is so very sad. What a troubled girl she was and what a troubled life she led. I think it's pretty safe to say that she was on some kind of medication. Well at least she is with her son now. Who knows what will become of that precious little baby of hers. I hope she will be well cared for.
May she rest in peace.

nelie
02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Actually, I highly doubt she ever took any TrimSpa so I don't think it'd be that. Although if you take too many of a thermogenic pill, then you can have a heart attack. Even if it was that, I think they would play plenty to keep that tidbit of information from the public.

Miss Honey
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm shocked and sadden

tikanique
02-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Just goes to show that when you look at celebrities or anyone else for that matter and wish you had their body, their lives, you don't really know what you are wishing for. I wonder what will happen with the lawsuit to get her deceased hubby's money back because technically now the baby is the entitled one. Also wonder what's going to happen with the paternity suit.

Or maybe she faked it all and is just hiding out on the same island with Ken Lay, Tupac Shakur and Elvis Presley.

Tiki

Trixie14
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
So sad :( I'm guessing the death of Daniel and the battle over Dannielynn took a tole on her, she did seem very out of it and depressed in all the recent interviews. R.I.P Anna!

Mami
02-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Bendito. Bless her and her poor daughter. How awful and shocking!

techwife
02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
My husband's first thought was that she's really hiding out somewhere...but apparently she collapsed in a rather public place...but died in the hospital... :dunno:

I think her whole life has been one huge, tragic event...every time I saw her in an ad or on on some awards show or even on her reality show, I was just sad for her. Such a stunningly beautiful woman (especially during her Guess Jeans days) but such a tragic lifestyle.

I'm not really shocked, but I'm sad, just the same. I wonder, too, what will happen to her baby with the paternity suit and all. I almost hope the other guy (not Howard K Stern) is the father and gets her...maybe she'll be brought up in a less screwed-up world. That Stern guy seems like he's just as messed up as she was. :dunno: I may be wrong...just a gut feeling.

L144S
02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
well I was shocked!

I would not be suprised if it some kind of heart failure, drugs, huge weight loss and weight gain, child birth....she did not live a very healthy life,

I feel baddly for the daughter, maybe, she has to have been a weird mom, but her only knowllage of her mother will be what is archived by the media. It can't possibly be that flattering

707Goddess
02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Or maybe she faked it all and is just hiding out on the same island with Ken Lay, Tupac Shakur and Elvis Presley.

Tiki
:lol3: :lol3: :rofl: :rofl:
yep probably

OH and momma all ways said if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all
so im saying NOTHING

phantastica
02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I almost hope the other guy (not Howard K Stern) is the father and gets her...maybe she'll be brought up in a less screwed-up world. That Stern guy seems like he's just as messed up as she was. :dunno: I may be wrong...just a gut feeling.

My thoughts, exactly. Of all the men who shouldn't raise a daughter ... who knows, maybe he'll do a 180 and start supporting women as intelligent creatures instead of viewing them as s3x symbols. Wishful thinking, I know.

Kamily828
02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I always felt sorry for her. Shes been thru a lot in her life. Now she can rest in peace. Im wondering what will happen to her daughter.

EZMONEY
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
:lol3: :lol3: :rofl: :rofl:
yep probably

OH and momma all ways said if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all
so im saying NOTHING

Oh my goodness GODDESS~ You are always reading my mind!!

Whittlin
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Now remember, Howard K. Stern the lawyer, who married Anna Nicole Smith, is in no way related to Howard A. Stern, the "shock jock" radio personality. Smith's husband has never been quoted as saying anything derogatory about women and wasn't even in the public eye until recently, I don't think.

jcatron243
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
RIP Anna, and condolences to her family. :(

tikanique
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, he's not the Howard that had a woman on his show eating a moist fudge brownie out of one of his staff's butt cheeks. My son accidentally saw a part of a Howard Stern show where two women were on there wearing "tickle panties". He was watching a VHS tape and when it ended, the Stern show was on. Imagine my surprise when he climbed into my lap and said "Mommy do you ever wear panties that tickle down there?" I about FAINTED!

Anna's Howard is a low-key dude. Howard the radio dude is married to some other chick.

Tiki

EZMONEY
02-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I CANNOT stand Howard Stern...but...I do like his "way" with women!!

phantastica
02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh, dear! Poor Howard Stern, Atty at Law. My bad! I just assumed ....

sportmom
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
May she rest in peace.

I heard lawsuits were just filed this week against TrimSpa and naming her personally liable in the suit, and class action suit, so she was likely very upset by that. And now they are saying her son died of meth & antidepressants and there were signs of meth in her baby when she was born (Fox). Such a sad sad life, but for all who commit suicide, may she now finally be at rest from her demons and her soul at peace.

Oppurtunity
02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
I never liked the woman, at all, but it's sad she died, especially at such a young age. She may have died from the immense stress she's been in for the past year. It actually can make other ailments worse.

SwimGirl
02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I feel bad for her baby, I also heard her baby was born addicted to drugs. So sad, perhaps she'll be better off. Sounds harsh, but some people just aren't meant to be parents.

When I heard that Anna had been into drugs, definitely had to wonder if that had to do with the weight loss. Apparently Crystal Meth is *great* for weight loss.. not so great in that you can get so addicted that you'll die.. but the weight loss aspect ;) Just kidding..

-Aimee

KateRN
02-09-2007, 02:47 AM
regardless, i dont think its anyones place to judge her or what is in the end - heresay. who she married, her legal issues, whatever drug/eating/addictions she may have been dealing with doesnt matter. she didnt lead a life that many of us would have chosen and has lived a rough life. but that was her choice, even if it was sheer circumstances or otherise.

its sad that anyone pass on, be it an organic cause, suicide, or what-have-you. she has left behind a lot of people that care deeply for her and i hope they have the chance to grieve privately.

i wish the best for her infant and i hope she grows up knowing that her mother loved her very much and that she will have the support and love in her life that she very much deserves.

i hope anna is able to have a nice funeral and will rest in peace with out too much undue publicity. she is someones wife, mother, daughter and sister and i think that alone is enough for the woman to deserve respect - especially after she has passed away.

please, lets all remember we are talking about a person here... ok?

rest in peace anna.

2frustrated
02-09-2007, 06:32 AM
There's all this big fuss over here about her dying, and I don't even know who she is :dunno: I don't get the media sometimes.

nelie
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I only know her (and probably the same is true for others) because she married some 80+ year old billionaire a few years back. I guess it was great publicity for her as well as a potential cash flow. I'm sure if she hadn't done that, many of us wouldn't recognize her name at all.

aphil
02-09-2007, 10:49 AM
For those who haven't heard of her:

~stripper who met a very old rich man
~got found by Hugh Hefner, and started modeling in Playboy
~started doing Guess Jean ads and became a very famous supermodel
~married rich old man, who later passed on-she has been in court with his kids for years, fighting over his money
~she started doing bit parts in films
~she got fat, stopped modeling, and did a tv reality show
~she got thin, started doing Trimspa ads
~she got pregnant...two men swear they are the father and are in court
~her adult son dies while she is in the hospital after giving birth to her daughter
~she marries just a few days after the death of her son, leaving the country with her new baby
~passes away yesterday

I am not saying anything positive or negative about her at all...these are just the basic events that made her famous over the past 15 or so years...she WAS a very, very gorgous woman in her Guess days, before all the drama and plastic surgery, etc. it is sad that she didn't make different choices in her life.

phantastica
02-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Wow, usually it's the other way around (men swearing that they are NOT the father).

muzikjunky
02-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, you have to remember there's A LOT of money involved. I think 75 million? Not really sure.

But, anywho. May she rest in peace. <3

alinnell
02-09-2007, 03:31 PM
For those who haven't heard of her:

~stripper who met a very old rich man
~got found by Hugh Hefner, and started modeling in Playboy
~started doing Guess Jean ads and became a very famous supermodel
~married rich old man, who later passed on-she has been in court with his kids for years, fighting over his money
~she started doing bit parts in films
~she got fat, stopped modeling, and did a tv reality show
~she got thin, started doing Trimspa ads
~her adult son dies while she is in the hospital after giving birth to her daughter
~she marries just a few days after the death of her son, leaving the country with her new baby
~passes away yesterday

I am not saying anything positive or negative about her at all...these are just the basic events that made her famous over the past 15 or so years...she WAS a very, very gorgous woman in her Guess days, before all the drama and plastic surgery, etc. it is sad that she didn't make different choices in her life.

You left out going to rehab at Betty Ford Clinic for drug/alcohol abuse. Obviously didn't "take."

tikanique
02-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Oh good grief. Now Zsa Zsa Gabor's ex hubby is saying HE is the baby's father. I feel so sorry for the kid. Prince Frederick von Anhalt has come forward saying that he will contest the child being given to Stern or the other guy because he was the one tapping that back in September. What a HAM (hot a** mess)!

Tiki

aphil
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
The best thing that could ever happen to this baby is for it to be legally adopted anonamously by another family...

cbmare
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh good grief. Now Zsa Zsa Gabor's ex hubby is saying HE is the baby's father. I feel so sorry for the kid. Prince Frederick von Anhalt has come forward saying that he will contest the child being given to Stern or the other guy because he was the one tapping that back in September. What a HAM (hot a** mess)!

Tiki

He's still married to Zsa Zsa.

"But short of divorcing the actress, he said the only solution would have been adopting Smith. Von Anhalt said he did consider that and even filled out adoption papers, but Gabor refused to sign them"

Since he couldn't adopt her, so he .......... nevermind

Aphil is right. At first I was thinking that her mother should get the child, but I'm not sure that would be a good move right now.

I'm actually glad that baby is still so young. At least she doesn't realize what is going on around her. Poor thing.

707Goddess
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I CANNOT stand Howard Stern...but...I do like his "way" with women!!

You kill me EZ :lol3:

FrouFrou
02-09-2007, 05:09 PM
i hope anna is able to have a nice funeral and will rest in peace with out too much undue publicity. she is someones wife, mother, daughter and sister and i think that alone is enough for the woman to deserve respect - especially after she has passed away.

please, lets all remember we are talking about a person here... ok?

Thank you for that KateRN! I think it's sad when people make fun of others, especially when they are dead. They do say though that what goes around comes around.

SwimGirl
02-10-2007, 12:34 AM
While I agree it's not right to judge people (mostly impossible in todays world, first impressions are everything), and definitely not good to be mean to others. I have to say if you live a life in the public eye - people ARE going to talk about you. There are MANY MANY celebrities out there who manage to avoid the limelight, and keep their private life just that - private.

Anna Nicole Smith didn't appear to be trying to keep her life private, and I definitely judged her - as someone who was messsed up. I don't feel bad about that, people judge me every single day.

I agree that her daughter would benefit from being raised out of the limelight, but when there is money to be made, it'll never happen.

-Aimee

Dragonfly7
02-11-2007, 01:39 AM
I was never her biggest fan, but I do think it is sad. She had a horrible life at times and then after she lost her son it just went down hill fromt here. You could definitely see how close they were so it was heartbreaking to see her without him. Right now I just feel really sad for the little baby girl... I hope they find out who the real dad is and get that over with so maybe this little girl can grow up in a good life.

lilybelle
02-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I've never been a fan of hers either. But, I do hope the baby goes to a good family and is loved and cherished. I do hope that if any of the 3 possible fathers get the baby it is because they want to be a father to her and love her, and not just fighting for her for the tremendous fortune that they could get.

As for Anna, it doesn't bother me that she married a 90 yr. old man and was fighting for his millions after his death. The way I look at that is if she really did sleep with this much, much older man, she deserved every penny she could get. She earned it, so to speak.

But, the thing that does bother me is that I saw on TV a few weeks ago that she had never buried her son. That he was still in a cold morgue a few months after his death. To me, that is when I felt that she totally had failed him.

aphil
02-11-2007, 10:25 AM
As for Anna, it doesn't bother me that she married a 90 yr. old man and was fighting for his millions after his death. The way I look at that is if she really did sleep with this much, much older man, she deserved every penny she could get. She earned it, so to speak.

:lol:
Sadly, I agree. Think about it, do you honestly think that man didn't know she married him for his money? If he was intelligent enough to have made that kind of a fortune, he was at least intelligent enough to realize that a 90 year old man only attracts beautiful strippers (where they met before she became famous) because of the bills in his hand. He knew, but it was worth it to him. So, if they were both happy with their arrangement...then they should have been left alone.

rockinrobin
02-11-2007, 11:12 AM
You mean you don't think the old dude thought that she was marrying him so that they could have a long and meaningful life together? That they were perfectly suited for one another? He didn't think she was madly, madly in love with him and that they could raise a family together? He didn't think she thought he was the hottest guy on the planet? ;)

aphil
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
It was funny-the man's children in court made it sound that way...like he was madly in love with her, and she was "taking advantage" of an innocent old man.
Innocent? He was a rich man, who was willing to pay handsomely to have a younger, beautiful woman...but the children made it sound like she was some coniving gold digger who took advantage of their father. :?: