Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Default Where can i buy air popped popcorn?

The funniest thing is i thought this was mircowave pop and got this great version. Only 6% fat Popz light and natural mircowave popcorn from sainsburys. 25% less salt. It's not the sweet version. I've joined weight watchers online and can't find it on there only the sweet one is there.

Please tell me the points of this popcorn and also where i can buy air popped popcorn from!thanks in advance
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I've never heard of buying air popped popcorn, just the poppers and popping your own! (I've never typed the word "pop" so many times in one sentence! )

Anyway, if you are doing the Core version of WW, and really even if you aren't, the best kind to use is the microwave 94%FF. Act II makes one, as does Orville Redenbacher and Pop Secret too, I think. It's really good and they have the mini bags, which are low in points and a good portion size.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I've read on the internet about instructions for popping corn in a paper bag in the microwave...then you can decide if you put oil in it or not. That way, it's basically air-popped and inexpensive!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #4  

what kinda paper bag? I am popping my own by using the microwave!!LOL
Old 02-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Like a paper lunch bag. I must say I haven't tried it myself, so I can't give a personal opinion on the outcome. However, I did see the suggestion to do so on multiple sites.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #6  

i made popcorn!!!! Yeah this is soooo good!!!It was a little burnt but it wasn't a bad attempt for a first try. Why did i not think of this sooner? Thanks for your tips.

I actually wanted to buy a popcorn maker but ended up with popping kernals and a container, i just popped it in the oven for 5 minutes(i think this was a little long) and then i had lovely scrumptious popcorn. Such a good low fat snack.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #7  
banned

in the oven? never hearda that but ppl do use the micro brown bag thing all the time
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

i never heard of oven-popped corn either. you may have started a new trend here.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote