Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #1  
Nisha

S/C/G: 248.4/228.2/165

Default Any suggestions

Hey guys, hope everyone is well!!!

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to speed up this weightloss process. I mean I am not in a hurry or anything, just want lose the 2lbs per week. I guess I am asking, is there any particular food that any of you have noticed speed up your loss or anything. I am at about 1.7 lbs a week now, I would like to hit that 2 lb a week mark. Any suggestions would be great!!!!

Thanks guys!
donisha81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Eat light proteins (fish/chicken) and lite starches (no bagels, rice, etc) and try to eat your starches and fruits early in the day as possible . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Also make sure you're getting in enough, but not too much fiber.. My COD provided me a list with fiber rich foods and the amount of fiber they contain. Spinach, rasberries, baked apples (yuck!), All Bran cereal, peas (don't forget to count those as a starch), etc...

Ask your office if they have the same list.. I may have lost it, but if I can find it, I'll try to find time to post it..

But again, don't overdo the fiber, as that can have the opposite affect you want.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #4  
Nisha

thanks guys! I have messed up for today, but tomorrow I will be back on track. ..ugh...things are just weird. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #5  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

I don't know how willing you are to take advice from a newbie but what are you eating in the evening? My center advised not to eat my fruit in the evening because it is not so easy on the digestive system, and to eat something like yogurt instead as it is easy to digest. Hope that helps.
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

The amazing Kim? Lordy another Kim, we're overfun with Kims and Wendys LOL Welcome other Kim :-)
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #7  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

I like that... "overfun" with Kims... hahaha. I noticed that there were a few Kims around here so I decided to mix it up and be the amazing one... although I'm sure we are all amazing!
I just had another thought for helping the weight loss process get going: they say that eating breaky ASAP in the morning gives your metabolism a little bit of a jump start. Oatmeal is a really good choice because it's good old "stick to your ribs" food.
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Nisha -- I started entering my menus in fitday, and seeing how many calories per day was quite a shock. It led me to make some different choices in proteins, in lites, etc... I woud recommend that as it may offer some clues to you.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #9  
ADB (Protein Power)

S/C/G: 191/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Eat light proteins (fish/chicken) and lite starches (no bagels, rice, etc) and try to eat your starches and fruits early in the day as possible . . . .

What would a light starch be? I've been eating rice cakes, brown rice, whole-wheat english muffins, rf triscuits.
JenniKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

The light starches are usually around 50 calories a serving: light bread, 1/2 pita, those 40 cal tortillas . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #11  
Nisha

Thanks, guys!!! I will use these ideas, as I feel like I am getting stuck, and the more stuck I feel the more I have been just aching to cheat. Last night I gave in to animal cookies with my 1 year old...lol. Back on track today, and hope to stay that way. Oh and Kim....being new does not make your suggestion any less important. Thanks, again guys!