100 lb. Club - Chit Chat for February

View Full Version : Chit Chat for February

Sandi
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
We used to have a thread here before that we did on a monthly basis, but I'd be happy to see it become so busy that we had to change it to a weekly thread!!

It's just a place that the 100lbers can come and talk about how life is in general and not feel it all has to be about weight loss (although it can be too!)

Things with me are going pretty well. I have been back on plan for a little over 2 weeks and I am feeling pretty good about it. I am doing real well with the food and even better with the exercise! What a great feeling it is to want to exercise! I even went yesterday after both my boys bailed on me because of the weather!

Other than that, things are pretty much SSDD. I am excited because I am having a purse party on Sunday. There is a lady in my area who makes handmade purses. You get to pick the material, the ribbon or whatever you want on it and the handles and size. I can't wait!

How is everyone else??

Angihas2
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I am great. OP with both diet and excersize and feeling fantastic. Pretty sure my scale is broken, it's reading 230 and I *know* that ain't right, so my daughter has her 3 yr well baby visit tomorrow, I'll use their scale, I know they're calibrated once in awhile. The thing with this scale, it says 230 no matter what time of day it is, what I'm wearing, etc, it always says 230. So, if its wrong, I will be SO happy, cus frankly, it seriously depressed me.

We're <my family>, completely stoked about our upcoming move, realtors and apt. managers are sending us brochures, emails full of pictures etc. My kids beg to watch the live beach cams every morning, first thing! So, they're ready for some warmer weather. We moved to KY from Los Angeles, CA. we were only about 2 miles from the beach so it was our uber cheap weekend deal with the kids, they miss it, so do we. But that water is WAY to cold for sane people to swim in, it'll be nice to have them swimming in the same water I learned to swim it.

LakeGirl
02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi ladies,

Today on the east coast, school was cancelled due to about an inch of snow:stress: The worst part was that today was grocery day and taking two boys to Walmart is not something I cherish! But it's done and we all survived!

I have a question....my weight tracker will not show my current weight. I even went in last night to try to re-do it and I had the same problem. Where am I botching this up?

Angihas2
02-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Did you add the slider?

Charbar
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Sandi..
what's the name of the purse company?

Dana

jillybean720
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
LakeGirl--it's not showing your current weight because the slider that marks your current weight is too close to the end where your starting weight is, so they would overlap and be unreadable. I had the same problem when I had a ticker for my long-term goal. It will show up when the slider moves further down the ticker ;)

Sandi--thanks for starting this! I do remember having these threads in the past--sometimes, they're hot, other times, they're duds. Let's get this one fired up!

As for me, my sister had a baby girl a couple weeks ago, so I am officially an aunt now (and the ONLY aunt she will ever have since her father is an only child, and I am my sister's only sibling). Her name is Isabelle (Izzy), and she was jaundice, but it's getting better. And she's so freakin' cute, I just can't get enough of her! Makes me wish my sister and I didn't live 3-4 hours apart, but such is life.

shelby897
02-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Jillybean -- you wait until she's a little older!! My sister lives 3 1/2 hours away, and comes to visit my boys every month -- we never tell them she's coming and it's like Christmas when she walks through the door! You are going to be her "second mom", wait. It is amazing - as a mom it's just so special to know my sister is probably the only person who loves my boys as much as I do and they absolutely adore her. There is nothing as special as an aunt who thinks the world revolves around everything you do. You, your sister and her baby are going to have so much fun together!

Okay, I rambled, but found this thread and thought it was nice to find a spot people are talking about something other than their weight, food intake, etc. for a change. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sandi
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Dana- It's a little company called Little B's. I get mine free for having the party! :)

swimgirl - Yup...jillybean is right, I just tested it. Not to worry, we can see it says 7 lbs lost!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I've been in withdrawal all day! I was able to log onto 3FC earlier this morning, then I couldnt get logged back in all day long. It kept timing out on me! Argghhh!

Casey4
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I am feeling kind of restless today. Taryn (21months) had a stomach virus Monday and Tuesday and she still isn't back to eating properly. She has just been either in tears or Velcro. With the very cold weather I am starting to climb the walls. Luckily none of the other kids has gotten it.

Does anyone else get tired of figuring out what to serve for dinner each night? I would love to win the lottery and hire a chef/housekeeper. Mmmmm
good dreams for cold days.

LakeGirl
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you, Jill! That makes sense!

rockinrobin
02-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Great idea Sandi. Glad to hear you're back on plan. The first few weeks really are difficult. Hang in there any way that you can. I did some crazy things the first few weeks in order to stay on track. I actually had to put food under the faucet to render it inedible. It wasn't pretty.

Girlygirl, I too had trouble all day with this site. I still am. I hope this post gets through.

Lakegirl, they close school for one tiny inch? Uch.

Casey, stomach viruses really can be the pits. Stay healthy. And I would absolutely love a chef. And winning the lottery. Not necessarily in that order. Any order will do.

Jilly, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an aunt. How exciting!!! What a beautiful name. Shelby's right, you 2 are going to have an incredible relationship.

I'm off to go finish cooking my stir fry. TTYL. :smug:

Sheila53
02-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Jill, congratulations on becoming an aunt! Yeah, the jaundice should go away soon. I predict you'll be making that drive more often now. :)

Lakegirl, I thought only in the Pac. NW did they close schools for such a little amount of snow. When I lived in Colorado and Idaho, I swear it took about a foot or more before the schools closed.

Here's a photo from where I spent the last couple of weeks. Saw that from my lanai every night. I love Maui. :)

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Wow, Sheila! That looks like a postcard. It must have been really hard to leave that behind.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
WOW - what a view!! Never been to Hawaii yet - it's on the list though!

NESunshine
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
ohhhh yay for chit chat...my life has just been very messy the past 2 weeks and I haven't been posting much...I think I need some good ole' chit chat. that Hawaii photo is fabulous...someplace warm would be a nice change right now...its awful chilly in the northeast!

SexyRevealed
02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, I would give my left foot to go there!!! It's FREEZING here. It could be worse... Did you hear in upstate NY they got 70+ inches of snow!?!?!?

rockinrobin
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
OMG!! Sheila how awesome for you. That looks like a great way to spend a vacation. I want to go!!!! I haven't been on a plane in over 13 years due to my obesity and I'm thinking it's high time that I changed that. Maui looks like it would be a great first trip to take now that I would feel comfortable sitting on an airplane. Beautiful, just beautiful. Not to mention it's absolutely FREEZING here, with no let up in sight right through next week. Brrrr. But I suppose it could be worse, 70 inches of snow Tiffany, 70???? Wow, that's a lot of the white stuff.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Did you hear about Anna Nicole Smith? Apparently, she has died. Reports are conflicting, but she was either found unconscious in her hotel room and rushed to the hospital or she was found already dead in her room. I'm really curious to hear if Trimspa might have had anything to do with her health.

Angihas2
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Whoa, no matter what I think of her as a person, I grieve for the baby girl she left behind. Hopefully, both men allegeding paternity step up to the plate on behalf of this little one and do the best they can for her until dna determines who she belongs too.

So, I went to the doc today, and weighed myself. 227. I've actually put on 3 pounds this month, but my measurements say I'm losing, EVERYWHERE, so I'm guessing it truly is muscle? Is that possible? Well, this month, its been about 6 weeks since a true official weigh in, but 4 weeks since measurements, so is it possible? Everything fits looser, I've lost 2" in both thighs, 3 in my hips and bust and 2.5 from my waist, so I'm happy that I'm smaller, I just wish the wooshie fairy would show up and whoosh this weight away too. Ah well, tomorrow is a new chance to be as healthy as I can be.

Sandi
02-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Happy Friday!! :D

Things are holding strong with my program. Eats are on track and I am making it to YMCA daily!

I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. I have to clean house for my party on Sunday and it's a MESS!!! I guess I'll just consider it bonus activity!!

Jacob woke up with a scratchy throat and a raspy cough this morning. No fever, so I sent him off to school. He hasn't been sick this school year at all, I guess he has it coming. I just hate it when he's sick.

My wall words (http://www.wallwords.com/) came in!! I chose "Nothing is impossible." I thought that would be a nice phrase for Jacob to see growing up every day.

I feel bad for Anna's baby. She'll never get to know her mommy as a wonderful mommy, she'll just know what the "media" says and so much of that is not very nice. And there is so much scandal with who her dad is. Sad, just sad.

Sheila - Awesome picture. Hawaii is the #1 destination on my list. I must go there before I die!

rockinrobin - Thanks! I haven't had to do anything crazy yet, but I might have to waste some serious food this weekend after my party. Better in the garbage than in my mouth!!

Casey4 - is Taryn feeling any better?

Hi to everyone else!! :wave:

Casey4
02-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Things are okay here. Taryn is better, but Melissa (one of my 9yo) is down with the bug. I think she is past the worst of it and she is a stomach virus pro. :o Oh, what a talent! It sure does make my life easier though. I have not quite shaken this restless feeling. I think part of it is that I am on the second month of my plan and the "honeymoon" phase is over. However, I am really proud of myself because I have not slacked off of my plan at all. In the past I would have let my emotions gain control. Now I feel as though I have to act on my body's behalf and my emotions will have to climb on board. My emotions do not need fuel, my body does. Does that make any sense at all?

Okay. let's see. That photo from Hawaii is absolutely fabulous! A piece of heaven for sure!

When I heard the news about A.N.S. my first thoughts were for that little baby girl. What a terrible thing!

Jacob's mom: I hope Jacob feels better as well. Have a great party on Sunday and I love those wall words!

Angi! those measurement changes are terrific. That whoosh is on its way! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

RockinRobin: In the fall we went to Disney, I had to ask for a seatbelt extender and I told myself that would never happen again. So you celebrate the fact that you will never have to worry about your weight being a factor in your plans again!

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday!

Kathy

rockinrobin
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Sandi I give you credit for hosting a party on Sunday. That was a huge problem for me. I would frequently have guests over and cook and serve like a complete lunatic. I would nibble terribly as I cooked and just go through tthe leftovers til there was none LEFT OVER. Good luck. You CAN do this. Someone said this to me recently, I can't recall who, here on 3fc, "Better to be wasteful, then WAIST FULL. I say get rid of the evil, evil leftovers. Give them to your guests or to the trash.

Casey, hang in there, it is soooo worth it. And yes,what you said makes PERFECT sense. I hope your little boy feels better - soon.

Angi, those downward measurements sound GREAT. The weight will follow.

As far as Anna Nicole, very unfortunate. She just had such a tragic life. I wasn't terribly shocked by the news. She was on a constant downward spiral. I am sure we will hear that drugs played a part in her death. I just keep thinking about that poor baby. She lost her brother when she was days old and now her MOTHER. Tragic, just tragic. I hope she has some sort of normal life.

Hi to everyone else. TTYL.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-09-2007, 11:23 AM
ANS - so much like Marilyn Monroe.:( I hope this tradgedy at least gives her baby girl a chance at a normal life. I don't think she would've had much of a chance of one with her Mom in such turmoil all the time.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I have not quite shaken this restless feeling. I think part of it is that I am on the second month of my plan and the "honeymoon" phase is over.

Wow! Kathy, you described my state of mind exactly! My Disney trip is over and the initial energy from doing something new has passed. Staying on-plan isnt as easy as it was the first month. In the past, I was always on a diet for a specific event. I catch myself thinking, "Ok...we accomplished that goal...now we can relax, right?" I have to make a conscious decision each day to reaffirm that this is a lifestyle change for the health of myself and my family. The constant struggle with myself sometimes leaves me a bit restless and anxious. I'm determined to keep going...I know that this is just a phase.

TempleBody
02-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't think I ever gave a proper introduction on the 100lb support group section. So here it is... I'm 19 years old, married almost 3 years, have 9.5 month old daughter, am stll breastfeeding, and I'm an American living in Toronto. I'm seriously thinking about majoring in Public Health... erm... what else can I say about me? I enjoy reading. Oh and diet wise, I'm aiming for a whole foods lifestyle.

Casey4
02-12-2007, 10:24 AM
It is a new week and new energy for me! I seem to have left last week's Blahs behind with the stomach virus. I am so glad I stuck to plan throughout. I have to realize that just like everything else my plan has its ups and downs and I just have to wait the Blahs out!:carrot:

Welcome Templebody!

Sandi, how was the party? Did all go well?

How is everyone else?

carol2208
02-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Jill, CONGRATS on becoming an aunt !!
I cant wait until my sisters have kids... I might have to win the lottery though, not for the chef, but to fly as I much as Ill want to visit the nieces and/or nephews in Brazil... :)

Sheila, what a beautiful view !!! IT must have been an amazing vacation !!

With me all is well, Im finally back on track after slipping off of the wagon for about 2 months ... so, Im happy !:)

Im going to Andorra (a little mountain-country between Spain and France) for a ski-weekend, I cant wait !!

Have a great day !!:)

shelby897
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone! We are expecting about 10 inches of snow tonight -- yipee!! Better than the 100+ inches upstate NY got last week. We haven't had very much snow yet so the kids will love it -- and I could use the exercise shoveling.

I'm headed back to the gym today. My 3 year old was sick all last week, so I haven't been in over a week. And, the funny part, I'm really looking forward to it -- who would have thought that a few months ago??!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Charbar
02-13-2007, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=TempleBody;1568296] and I'm an American living in Toronto. QUOTE]

Welcome Templebody! I'm a Canadian (from Toronto) living stateside!

Yesterday I got a new oven!! How cool. I made the most sinful strawberry sourcream coffee cake as soon as I could heat it up. First 3 items: 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of sour cream. I had a 2 inch square to test (it was my first time making it)... and that's it. I had no more!

Angihas2
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Went and took the kids for some one on one time at Shoney's, they lvoe that breakfast bar! Thankfully, their complete fruit and yogurt eaters, so I paid a bunch of money for what we already have in the fridge, but the house is gettin its twice annual bug spray so all the cabinets had to be emptied last night and everything is all over our table, covered in sheets. Not like it was conducive to cooking/eating anyway. We had fun, they're 18 mos and 3 yrs so everything is still such a suprise for them. Dropped them at day-care and am about to hit the walking DVD. It was warm out earlier, I thought I might get some outside walking in, but a huge cold wind is starting to blow in, ARGH!! So, dvd it is! I am going to try and run the driveway down then back up, it's a 1/4 mile each way, so my first half mile run! YAY, I miss running, so very much, but, I destroyed my knee in High School and 4 surgeries later, it's still not right, although the extra 100lbs I've been carrying probably contributed more to that than anything else. So, we'll give it a shot. Y'all have a great day!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello all ~ we have had some serious snow and cold the last day or so. I am glad to be inside and warm and dry!! I did get some extra exercise in helping to dig the cars out though. Looking forward to spring and WARM weather - notice I didn't say HOT weather!!;)

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 10:13 AM
We are having miserable, scary weather here. Cold, sleet, icy, icy roads. I will be very happy when this day is over and everyone is home all safe and sound.

I'm with you Mrs. Quadcrew, I am sooo looking forward to the spring, NOT the summer. Love spring, love the fall - perfect temps. The summer and the winter I can do without.

Charbar
02-14-2007, 02:33 PM
we've been in a deep freeze here for about 2 weeks... lots of sun.. no snow... but flipping cold!!! Hasn't come close to being above freezing. All that money I saved in January on the heating bill... out the window!

Well today I had a mini binge. I did, however, stop myself - somewhat. I was giving myself permission. I was eating due to stress.
Here is what I learned. I eat.. binge - when I have immediate stress. Not long term stress. I was teaching Sara and Eli was flipping out. Sara had attitude today about school. I got angry. My binge included ... ah.. look at my fitday.. I logged it all. It could have been worse.

Here is what else I learned. Once I start eating bad food... it's a downward cycle. I am a perfectionst. I have logged all my food since I started January 15th. Even when I went over calorie (my max limit is 2000) I still logged.
correction... I'm not a perfectionst - I want to appear to be a perfectionist - I'm not. My life is just as messed up as everyone's.

I do this in every area of my life. When people come over I clean the house for 2 days before. (not saying that my house is dirty normally) But when guests come over it's not how I normally live - kwim?

What am I afraid of? that someone won't like me? I keep trying to get to the root of this weight that I have - Oprah has said over and over.. it's not about the food. So what is it? I wasn't abused as a child - sure I don't really get along with my family - but is that why I've gained weight?

Sorry for the ramble.....
but it's good for me to write things out.

BTW - both kids are napping now. Maybe they are getting sick?

Dana

shelby897
02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Dana - I'm like you, I'm so into everything being perfect, not to impress others but to comfort myself. I have self esteem issues and since I don't work outside the home anymore, there is no measure of my skill going on. I know, my kids are a job in themselves, but there is no daily measure of the effort put into it. I figure if they both move out someday and get a job and don't end up in jail -- I've successed!! :D

I know I eat when things don't go the way I've planned, when I can't control a situation the way I want, etc. But I really can't find the "root" of the food issues at this point and, I'm tired of looking for it. If I can't figure out exactly why I eat/binge, then the least I can do is know when it may occur and try to get a handle on that.

But, on a good note I can't believe this -- I work from home and usually work at night, when the kid's nap, etc. So, since I'm already at work -- I usually run around in shorts, sweat pants, whatever. And, every time I sit down, I tend to eat the whole time :(

Since it's VD day, I decided after the kids went to sleep, and my husband will be home soon, to take a shower, do my hair/makeup, put on some nice clothes and wear jewelry. I just sat down to work and have no interest in my usual snack. Is it because I look and feel good? I think it is!! Amazing what a little extra efffort can do!!

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Dana, listening to Oprah kept me from attempting to take my weight off for years. She always said "If you haven't figured out what got you to be so fat in the first place, it's never gonna work." And I listened to her and would try and figure out how I got so heavy. Finally, after being totally miserable and completely fed up, I said "Screw it. I can start changing my behavior." I don't need to know how I got this way. I may never know. It's irrelevant. I'm morbidly obese, I did it to myself, for whatever reason and now it's time to reverse it. Dana is there any one vegetable that you love? I know if I'm feeling a little stressed and with the urge to eat, just for the sake of eating I'll cook me up some green beans. Or cauliflower. Sometimes all I need is to EAT. And the veggies don't do any damage whatsoever. Just a thought.

I do the same exact thing when I have guests over, my house is fairly neat all the time, but when guests are expected, forget about it - I go crazy into neat/clean mode. Who knows why we do what we do? We're all a little ummm, loco I think from time to time.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Since it's VD day, I decided after the kids went to sleep, and my husband will be home soon, to take a shower, do my hair/makeup, put on some nice clothes and wear jewelry. I just sat down to work and have no interest in my usual snack. Is it because I look and feel good? I think it is!! Amazing what a little extra efffort can do!!

I've been working from home for the last 6 years. Hubby also works from home...our desks are side-by-side. Since coming home to work, I've really let myself go. Not only have I gained even more weight, I never style my hair, never wear my contacts anymore, never wear makeup, wait until the afternoon/evening to shower and I work in my pajamas! No wonder the 'zing' is missing between hubby and I! I just recently posted that I can't wait until I lose the weight to dress nicely with makeup and a nice hairstyle. But, what am I waiting for?! Hmmmm....I'm going to get up and get dressed tomorrow morning and see what kind of day I have.

Shelby, Thanks for getting me thinking.

Charbar
02-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Staying at home does have it's draw backs! I never wear a bra at home. There they are with no support at all! :yikes:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Staying at home does have it's draw backs! I never wear a bra at home. There they are with no support at all! :yikes:

:rofl: Oh my! My girls hang free, too! God forbid someone should come to the door! I have to make a fun for the bedroom.

SwimGirl
02-15-2007, 02:05 AM
When I'm at home I'm CONSTANTLY in my pj's, when I realized how ugly my pj's really were I invested in some semi cute but VERY comfy ones. Now when I'm at home I'm wearing a black bra tank (gotta have SOme support for these puppies!), and some little shorts, pink, with black little design. I also bought some full length pants that are semi cute as well. I dunno if it does anything for the bf - he pretty much likes anything I wear.. he's so sweet sometimes.

So here's my silly rant of the week. WHY WHY WHY would a car company make a car with a defect that lets people break into it SO easily?!? Not only that my bf calls the dealership and apparently only one person can deal with it.. I swear if they don't fix it I am going to SCREAM!! Back story? My car was broken into and the reason it happened was because there is a known defect with the car. It's a fairly new car, we bought it in July and absolutely love everything about it. Poohead Mazda! End rant.

-Aimee