Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #233

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #233

Jane
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Hiya ladies,

Tammy - we all vent here sooner or later and find it helpful. Neal and I were the ones who took care of his mom. Everyone else had move away, and we got lots of kudos for doing the job from most of his siblings, but there were a couple of them who gave us grief over every decision we made. Grrrr!

Marti - I can just see you dancing around the house. I've been dancing myself ever since my foot was fixed. I can't believe the difference!

Cristina - oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe how dirty my van is, especially the outside. But the temps are too cold to wash it. The very next day that it's above freezing, I'm going to get it washed. The inside needs cleaned, too. I know all about dog hair in a vehicle, lol. My seat are leather, so it blows right off of those, but I have to take a damp cloth to the floor to remove it all. Mmmm... I like the Olive Garden, too. We don't have one locally, and that may be a good thing, lol.

Jodi - I hope you had fun with your mom and grandma until the snow started. We got only a dusting of it where I am, but more is supposed to be on the way. Yeah, weigh-ins can be weird. In the past, I've lost on weeks when I should have gained, and gained or maintained on weeks that I've been POP. (perfectly on program)

Sassy - hope you're feeling better.

Jules - where are you, sweet cheeks?

Mary Kate - how's your arm?

Michelle - how's Oreo?

Angie - what's new with you?

Sue - are you feeling better? Aren't you missing these freezing temps in Indiana, lol?

Vann - how are you today?

devilish - this is the right place. :)

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I went with Gina to Evansville today to get an ultrasound on Jackson's heart, since Terry had to work. That was interesting, to say the least. He didn't want us to see much of his little face, just a peek at it.

After that, I came home and made vegetable soup for tomorrow's lunch and Thursday's dinner. I have a friend coming for lunch tomorrow. I haven't seen her for about 22 years, so this should be interesting. We used to work together, and she tracked me down, which is pretty cool, and called me last week. So, you know me! I invited her out for lunch, lol.

Gotta run.... :hug:

Marti
02-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Popping in really quick before bed. Had a long day it feels!!

I procrastinated today about walking. I had a headache and felt that was a great excuse to not walk. Then I sat down and thought about how far I've come so far and then thought...."How bad is this headache"? Well....not that bad, just a hint of one coming on.

So, I got on the treadmill and walked. Sweated like crazy and when my time was up...felt pretty darn good! Plus, headache never really got bad, it went away.

Now talk about giving yourself a peptalk!

Ok...that's all I've got for tonight. Off to bed I must go.

Hugs to you all!

vannh9
02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Just a quick hello because the site is acting really funny today...having a hard time loading pages??

Thank you so much to everyone that had well wishes and prayers for Griffin. He is doing much better..I am hopeful that he can go to school tomorrow!! Say a prayer for that!! LOL

I didn't check in yesteday as I had a funeral to go to last night which made for a very stressful week..between my DS sick, my trip to Atlanta..my being sick and loosing my first childhood friend at what I consider to be a young age (48) it has made for a VERY tough week. I took today off to be able to mentally regroup. I kinda blew my food yesterday, but as I reveiw my past few weeks I am only happy that it hasnt' been worse. As Mom's, we sometimes forget that we have to take care of US FIRST...I am doing that today and am already feeling back on track. So glad you all are here to listen!!

Jane- I hope you are not getting sick..remember WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES FIRST (LOL) Hugs to you!

Jodi -I hope your husband gets well soon..

Marti- Thanks for your wells wishes too...

Christina- There were 40 kids at the doctor Monday morning..they said they have NEVER had a day like that...AND I so glad you enjoyed your V-day. I totally agree--Messages of love should be spontaneous and random and FREQUENT!!!

Sassy--You stay warm!!

Take care all..and I hope I am motivated to eat better today. I am feeling fat...but oh well..it is a day a time journey and I am reminding myself all day!

FrouFrou
02-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hello ladies...

VANN...I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: And yes, 48 is too young to die. I'm glad you are taking care of you. I think we tend to forget sometimes. Glad Griffin is feeling better.

JANE...cool to visit with old friends. Hope you ladies have a nice get-together and lunch.

MARTI...good job on the walking.

JODI...you know, there are going to be weeks/WI's like that and as hard as it is try not to get discouraged. It seems like when I know I have done good and expect a good loss it never is. The times I think I mess up is when I loss more, go figure. But you just gotta keep on truckin'. :hug: :hug:

Nothing much going on with me. Went and did some of my shopping today. Had to get some stuff for Josh's birthday. he had been wanting an IPod so I got him one. He will be surprised for sure! Got some small balloons to send, some of his favorite magazines and going to make some cookies for him later. Wish I could send a cake or cupcakes but I am afraid it wouldn't make the trip. I know it wouldn't, lol. So cookies are the next best thing I guess. I hate missing the kids birthday's. :( Oh well, I am sure there will be more missed ones so I better get used to it. Anyway...hoping all is well with everyone. Have a good day! :)

Bandmom1011
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Just chcking in. It sure is cold here. Bbbrrrr....
HELLO TO EVERYONE!!!!

Will try and check in later.

Jane
02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - yay for you, walking the dreadmill.... er, treadmill ... when you didn't feel like it. I did the same thing the other day, and was so glad I did. Gives us a sense of accomplishment, or something, doesn't it?

Cristina - wow, Josh is going to love the iPod for sure! And the other things, too. You are such a thoughtful mom, Cristina. If you think he'd like a card from this old JL, PM me his address and I'll be happy to send him one. I know that sooner or later I'll have to miss out on the kids' birthday, too, and I won't like it either.

Vann - yes, 48 is much to young to die. That's how old my sister Norma was when she passed away. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Glad to hear Griffin is doing better. There is an old Chinese proverb that translates to: "After me, you first". When I first heard that several years ago, I thought it sounded kind of selfish, but then I understood the depth of it - kind of like how on an airplane they say in an emergency to put your own oxygen mask on first, so that you are useful to others. Now that I'm down to no kids living at home, it's easier to take care of me, lol.

The lunch with my friend was so nice. I think we were each equally glad to see that the other had gained quite a bit of weight over the last 20 years, tee hee. We talked and talked, and still didn't get caught up, so she invited me for lunch at her house for a week from tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day to eat with niece Carol. Yowza, these lunches are getting out of control, lol. :dizzy:

I still have my cold/sinus problems and am feeling yucky. I couldn't sleep with all the sinus drainage last night, and have been up since 3AM, so hopefully I'll get to bed early tonight. I'm doing well with the food, but haven't had nearly enough water for some reason. That's not usually a problem for me.

Toodles,

Jane
02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Almost forgot to mention... 3FCs admins Suzanne and Jennifer were interviewed for an article in the March issue of Oprah magazine. How cool is that? Subscribers have it already, and the magazine will be on the newsstands February 20th for the rest of us.

Bandmom1011
02-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I just came back in to share my gloominess.:mad:

I feel like I can't do this. My hubby went out and got pizza and breadsticks for supper. The pizza didn't do me in, had enough points for that, it was the darned breadsticks. Stupidly I sat with the breadstick bag in front of me and then I didn't know how many I had eaten. So I counted what was left and thought no problem I will use my extra points. Well DUH- now I have used up ALL of my points (been pretty good about rationing them out for the whole week) and I still have 4 days left.
I feel grumpy, I feel stupid, I feel like a failure- there I said it.:o This was so much easier the first time around. I have been OP really well the past 3 weeks and have hardly had anything to show for it. I am feeling like "what's the point" at the moment? At this rate I am still going to be fat for yet another summer and never be able to wear anything cool looking.
I just want to crawl under a rock!:?:

Katiecat
02-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Jodi, I think I'm the only one here this late, and we haven't even met...so hi, I'm Mary Kate (Katiecat) :wave: Haven't been on for a while because I am having some trouble with my right hand and arm. But I just wanted to give you some encouragement, hon, 'cuz you sound really down. :hug: When you have a set back like that, all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start up where you left off. Get right back OP for your very next meal. If you are out of extra points for the week, then find some good WW friendly recipes to make it through the rest of the week, maybe a lowfat, lowcal version of something you've been craving or just one of your favorite foods. Find some non-food ways to treat yourself. Exercise and make sure to drink your water to make you feel better about the slip up. And HANG IN THERE!!!

Here is something to think about:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt creep in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi to everyone else, I miss you all. I'll try to get back on a couple of times before my surgery next Thursday.

Hugs,
MK

Jane
02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Jodi - I think Mary Kate said it so well regarding using your points that I have no other advice for you about that. But please know that we all have been in the same frame of mind that you are right now, and totally understand your feelings of helplessness. Maybe if you are not quite ready mentally, you could focus on maintaining until you are ready. There's nothing at all wrong with that. The important thing is to please just keep coming here for encouragement, and to talk about any aspect of your life you want to share. Remember the Jaded Lady motto: what you weigh is NOT who you are. :hug:

Mary Kate - so good to see you, sweetie. Hopefully, you'll make it back before your surgery. I'm sure we'll chat on the phone before then, but be sure to let me know how the surgery went, and I'll report in here to the others for you.

Hi to everyone else. I'm on a cyber mission to figure out which of my DDs went over on the cell phone minutes - my bill is too high, and they both are on my plan.

BBL,

vannh9
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Ladies!!

AND First things first.

Jodi- I so agree with Jane and Mary Kate. This day in your life doesn't define who you are as a person. Please don't beat yourself up-it adds to the emotional component that feeds unhealthy thoughts and eating patterns. We all make mistakes and I love Mary Kate's Emerson quote. Tomorrow is another day and it is NEVER too late to start over. If you remember, I felt that way last week when I ate 4 brownies...ate a boiled egg for dinner and still lost weight....AND even if I hadn't- I was determined not to give up. Hugs to you!

Mary Kate- That was beautiful- I am going to print it and hang it at work!

Christina-Thanks for the hugs. I am sorry you weren't physically with Josh, but all the neat things will certainly bring you to him in spirit!!

Jane- Thanks for your kind words. Please take care of your self. A sinus infection can really bring you down. AND I can relate to the lunches..I have had some many business functions lately..tonight I had crab dip and FRIED calamari..I didn't eat much ...am on the edge of my plan, but sometimes it is just hard to keep being faced the temptations. I much prefer my eating routine..it so much easier to eat healthy!

Hugs to all of you..

Jane
02-09-2007, 10:16 AM
:carrot: TGIF!:carrot:

Yowza, it's sure quiet in here.

Vann - so far, I've done real well with controlling the food at all te lunches I've had with friends and family recently. :crossed: And tomorrow, I'm fixing a Weight Watcher lunch for my nephew and his wife. I talked to him last night, and he said they're doing WW at home. They have the notion they're stuck eating only celery sticks and chicken breasts for life, lol. I've scaled down a couple recipes that I think they'll like. Helping someone re-enforces my resolve to stay OP.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

As I mentioned to Vann, I'm doing well with food, but for some reason, I haven't gotten as much water as I should have. Must work on that today! I'm heading to town shortly to do my grocery shopping. Usually this is done before the Friday rush, but oh well.

Have a good day, ladies,! :hug:

Marti
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Haven't been much into wanting to plop in front of the computer after work the last day or so......been feeling tired. Had to get up way to early for my taste yesterday to go to the dentist. Not a big fan of going!

Jane--It does give me a sense of accomplishment when I walk. And I do enjoy how things are starting to look better on me. I'm not so frumpy. :D

Vann--So sorry to hear about your friend! 48 is young. My heart goes out to you and her family.

Jodi-- :hug: :hug: As Jane mentioned...we've all been in that frame of mind. And don't worry about letting it all out here. That is what we're here for...to support each other during difficult times. Come here anytime you need to ok.

Marykate--You gave great advice!! And I like the quote you wrote too. I'm sorry that your hand has been bothering you so much. Really miss you posting, but understand fully how difficult it must be. Many hugs your way!!

Cristina--You're a terrific mom. And I'm sure Josh misses being at home w/you for his birthday too. He'll love all that you gave him.

Hello to the rest of you girls out there!

Today is FINALLY FRIDAY!!!! I pick up my DD after work. We're stopping at Target on the way home.....there is a video game that she's been wanting so we're going to see if there is one available there.

Better get moving...need breakfast and then a shower. So you all have a great rest of the day!

vannh9
02-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Hello to all!!

Everybody must be getting ready for BIG weekend plans...

Jane--How did lunch turn out?? I too love trying new dishes that are healthy. I am going to try and find a recipe to post that I became famous for years ago. It was called Southwestern Seafood Lasagne and it came from a Cooking Light book..maybe 15 years ago..it was so wonderful..very complex, but worth the effort!! I will post it when I find it...

Marti--What Video game hunt are you on. Me and Griffin are going to do the same thing tomorrow, but we don't have a game in mind yet....

I hope you all have a great Friday night..see you tomorrow..

Hello to all!!

Hugs,

FrouFrou
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello ladies...

Nothing much to say but wanted to drop by and say Hi :wave:

JODI...hang in there sweetie! :hug: I've been having a bad week with WW too. Just being stubborn and not wanting to do it. But I refuse to give up, just gotta keep on truckin'.

Had a showing early this morning and another this afternoon. Just trying to keep the house clean and get my laundry done. My bedroom is naked! Took my comforter to get cleaned last week and finally went to pick it up yesterday only to get it home and see pink stains everywhere on it! :yikes: Can tell it's ruined. They are going to try and clean it again and not sure where I will go from there...somebody will be paying for something for sure! Anywho...take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Marti
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

I just woke up like 10mins ago. JUST WOKE UP!! I have never slept in like that!! I asked DDwhy she didn't wake me up! I haven't been feeling good lately and I think it just finally caught up w/me. 11:00 is awfully late to be getting up. I feel like half my day is over now. (crazy!)

Cristina--Did the pink stains come from the cleaner?? They better pay for your cleanings for the rest of the year! Or pay for a new comforter.

Vann--DD wanted "Animal Crossings" most of her friends have it and she wanted one too since she's been going over there and playing......once she got it home and started playing.....I was like "well this is a strange little game" She seems to like it though.

Ok...I'm going to go make tea. My body feels exhausted.....I overslept and I hate that feeling. Plus I need to go grocery shopping. So I better get this day started.

Hugs to all.

Bandmom1011
02-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement you gave me. I am feeling much better and really, really trying to stay OP STRICTLY!

DH finally is feeling better. We went to the humane society today, just to look. Had some cats catch our eye, but just "not right". Not trying to replace the cat we just lost, I had decided like 3 wks ago that I wanted to add to our family and had been looking online. I decided that I am going to have to be very picky in my choosing, especially since loosing Abby. When it is the right one, I will know :-) Just in a better mind set all around and thought I would let you all know.

Have a good weekend- Jodi

vannh9
02-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Happy Saturday guys!!

Marti--We never made it to the video store...We are looking for a Wii game and there aren't many out there that appeal to my DS..Oh well..saves me money anyway :-)

Jodi--Good Luck on your cat search..my friend that lost her cat is doing some of the same things..we are going to Petsmart tomorrow to "look" I know she will know when the right cat some along.

Christina--Good Luck on the showings and even better luck on the Comforter..those things aren't cheap..

Jane- Hope you have had a good Saturday!!

Hugs and well wishes to everyone else!!

I am going out to dinner with friends so I won't be around later..I will touch base tomorrow..I am feeling like I have gained a pound or 2 ..I know tomorrow will tell, but I am hoping it is just hormones..I am feeling tired..I know you guys know the feeling!!

See you tomorrow!

sz2atheart
02-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Good Evening All!!

Cristina--oh no, pink spots on the comforter. I hope it's not mold. Have you ever forgot something in the washer and ended up with little pink mold on it. Not easy getting it out. I hope the cleaners come through for you. I also know how you feel about missing your kids b-days. I think I've only seen my son once on his b-day since being in the Coast Guard. Just another sacrifice we moms make.

Jodi--glad to see your spirts up. You sound much more upbeat. I believe we have all experienced your feelings more than once on our diet journeys. You are an inspiration to all getting back on track. Good luck with your cat search. I wish I could have one but too allergic.

Hey ya'll to Jane, Marti, Sassy, Jules, Michelle, Vann and anyone else I've missed. Devilish.....where are you!!!

Jut got back from Outback and had the grilled shrimp and a salad. Couldn't pass up that hot bread though. Boy, I have been making serious mistakes at Panera Bread....have you looked into the calories and fat grams there?? I thought I was doing well with only a half sandwich/salad or the salad/soup combos. The freaking sandwiches are all between 600-900 cal. (for a full sandwich). Even the salads are loaded. I thought I was eating a little more healthy......now I feel like I've been eating a Big Mac every time I walked through the doors of Panera Bread!!

DH and I installed a beautiful Tiffany light above our breakfast area. Nearly killed each other during the install. I wanted something with a little more light than the "builder installed" light that was already there. Warning....watch out for the new halogen lightbulbs!! It lookes like an airport runway in my kitchen now!!! So off to the Home Depot for a dimmer switch today! My poor dh, all he keeps saying is, "I thought you wanted more light?" Now we are looking into replacing all the lights in the house and dh announced that we could probably swing $1000-2000 this year to accomplish this. I looked at him like he was out of his mind. $2000 will get me at least one eye done by my plastic surgeon!!! (I have been on a campaign to get my bags and droopy eyes done for about 2 years and every time we make a large purchase, dh teases me saying that I just spent my "eye" money!) I've told my kids that they couldn't get married until I get my eyes done! I think they actually believe me. My dh has even enticed friends of ours to tell me how wonderful my eyes look and how youthful I appear. He actually thinks that this is going to work. I then ask the co-conspiracer how much money dh paid them to say that!

Stay warm ladies...it's going to be about 13 degrees here tonight!

Sassy_Chick
02-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey all,

Its me, Sassy. I know, I know I've been MIA. Just been feeling "BLAH" lately. I think its just "Cabin Fever" since we haven't really gone anywhere (except for work -- Thrills!) because of the weather.

Only 5 more working nights and we start our 10 day vacation! :woohoo: I cannot wait! We aren't going anywhere, just going to enjoy being off and maybe do a few things in town and get some things done that we never have time for. We aren't telling anybody either, well except for our co-workers (obviously) and I'm telling you guys, but I think your safe! lol. I just didn't want everybody knowing because if they find out we are off, they will want us to come and help them do this or that and not that we don't like helping people, this is our vacation, so we're just gonna enjoy it........;)

Hey Jodi -- So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat! I know that isn't easy at all, I love our two cats like they are my children and if something happened to them I would be a basket case I think! lol. (even more than usual! lol) Anyways, good luck with your search for another cat. :hug:

Cristina -- sorry to hear about your comforter.

Hi to everybody else out there -- Marti, Jane, Vann, Mary Kate, and anybody else I may have forgotten! :wave:

:hug:

Jane
02-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Marti - these kids do love their video games! Mary's kids have the $20 kids' ones, like Shrek, Disney Princesses, etc. I have to admit, I used to be hooked on Crash Bandicoot - played it when I should've been doing other things, lol. I hope you're feeling better today. I worry about your iron level.

Vann - how was your dinner with friends? Hope you had lots of fun. Seems like all of us are having the winter blahs. The lunch with my nephew and his wife turned out very well. They asked for my recipes, which is always a good sign. After lunch, we all just sat in the living room and talked. Then, he called me last night and said how much fun they had and that it had been a long time since they just sat and visited with anyone like that, and they want to do it again. People's sometimes forget to stop and smell the flowers, don't they. Hope you find a Wii game soon!

Cristina - oh my gosh! Since it was the fault of the cleaners that you have pink spots on your comforter, I hope they pay for a new one. Can you even still get one like that? I remember when you posted a link to it when you bought it, and it was beautiful. Let us know how that works out, ok?

Tammy - I had to laugh about your "airport runway" comment, lol. Did you get a dimmer switch for it yet? I love Tiffany lamps, and bet yours is so pretty. Yes, it pays to investigate before we order food out. I went to Fazoli's with Mary awhile back, and the calories I found online for the chicken dish included only the chicken - not the spaghetti underneath it! :dizzy: Sheesh, a person needs a Sherlock Holmes degree to figure it out sometimes.

Jodi - I'm so glad to read that you're trying to find a pet at the Humane Society. I feel so sorry for them, and most of our pets have come from there, or were strays that we took in. They make the most loyal pets, don't they? I'm glad you're feeling better about the whole dieting thing. It's sure easy to get into a funk about it, though.

Sassy - good to see you! Ten days off will be heavenly for you and your sweetie! I hope the weather cooperates and you'll be able to get out a bit. Gee, since you'll have all that time off, couldn't you come help us move or something? HAHAHAHA! Tell your DH to "just say no" if he gets any calls like that, lol.

Ah, I've been so busy that I didn't even check in yesterday. The lunch with my nephew and his wife went well, but before they left, Mary called, in tears, and said she's sick with the flu and could we watch the girls. So of course we did, and still are. They spent the night with us, and I told her we'll keep them as long as she needs us to. Poor thing, she looks awful.

Seems like most of us are having the winter blahs, and when we feel like that, it's harder to stay OP. I'm trying to focus on summer, and how much better I'm going to feel by then if I keep losing and exercising. Think how much more energy we'll have then! June is 4 months away, and we could be much more fit by then, right ladies? I've pulled out some summer clothes that I "outgrew" last year, and am looking at them for motivation.

Gotta get going. I just want to say that you gals mean so much to me, and I'm sooooo glad you're here. :hug:

vannh9
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Tammy-- I loved your "eye" story--LOL ...I can relate...I keep telling my brood that I am getting a tummy tuck, but figured it wouldn't be quite worth it until I loose the weight...Stay Warm where you are!!

Sassy--I think Jane is right and we all have a touch of the winter blues...I hope you have something really neat planned for vacation even if it is just doing nothing!! Sometimes those are the best. I am taking off a couple of days next week and I planning on spending it ALONE..no kids. ..no work mates...maybe meditating ..who knows..but the last few weeks have been CRAZY :-).

Jane, I am so sorry to hear about Mary! Sabre called yesterday and she has some horrible virus, but her DH took off to help with the kids..Bless him..I have so little time, but I have a hard time saying no to any of my kids. I know you can relate. I will be glad when the spring comes :cool:

Hello to Marti, Christina, Michele, Sue, and to any one else I missed!!

OK..I didn't loose not one single ounce LOL. I am not too upset about it..I mean I didn't leave the house for 3 days because Griffin was sick..and when I am not at work I don't drink as much water.....I will just try harder this week!! To be honest I am thrilled that I didn't gain any weight!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Marti
02-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Just a quicky for now....will try to get back on later tonight.

Well it's official.....the treadmill decided to quit on me.:( So very disappointed!! Can't afford to replace it right now so I'm pulling out some exercise DVD's & Tapes to keep my body moving. I've come a long way (with results) and I don't want to stop w/the exercise. It's typical Oregon weather lately (lots of rain) and walking outside isn't an option right now.

Thought maybe it was the fuses....but it still didn't work after replacing them.

Anyway.............I better get going. Have lots of laundry to catch up on.

Try to be back later on tonight.

Until then.........

Bandmom1011
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Marti- are you a member of your local freecycle group? If so, you have a great chance of being able to find a treadmill for free. People are always asking, and offering them. Heck they may all be passing around the same one- haha. But it seems like all someone has to do is ask and someone gives one. You should try it.

Jane- we have a dog that came from the Humane Soc. and we had adopted another one from there last yr who passed away at 6 mths when she had a medical problem that was misdiagnosed by our vet and then my parents took her to thiers and they went to do emergency surgery and it was too late. I won't go back to that vet ever again. Anyhow, our local Humane Soc isn't very nice- it smells and the people aren't very friendly. Last week when I was there, they had a sickly cat in the room with all the cats and dogs. That alone makes me leery of every adopting there again. So we went to a nearby town and their facility is like walking into a store- nice and bright, smelling good and all the animals looked well cared for. The staff was friendly too. But I didn't see"the one". Was looking to see other facilities within about 30 min of here online today and I found a kitten I want to go see- it may be the one! But it is supposed to get nasty up here tomorrow, so I may not be able to get there. I do have to go to WW tomorrow morning first thing so it better not be too bad to get there!

Sassy- hope your cabin fever lets up and you get out of the blahs.

Hey Tammy- tell you dh that if he would spend the money to let you have your eyes done, you might be able to see better and he wouldn't have to replace all the lighting- haha oh well anything to try and get him to see things your way.

Vann- did your friend find the cat of her dreams at PetSmart? Ours doesn't carry cats and dogs (unless it is a special promotion for Pals for Paws Org). You can get birds, fish, hamsters, ferrats, and bunnies there, but no bigger animals.

suetalks
02-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Good Sunday evening ladies. We have been enjoying very nice, sunny days here this past week. AND I walked for 30 minutes/4 days. Maybe I will get up to 7 days this week. Now, if I could get the food under control. :)

Jodi- I hope you find the cat you are looking for. I am a cat lover myself, but haven't had oe for several years. (due to our traveling) I will have a pet or two someday.

Marti- Sorry to hear about yout treadmill. I hope you can get it fixed or get a new one. You are doing so well on your exercising.

Vann- Good job on not gaining anyway, huh? I am sure your loss will show up this week. I can't say the same about myself. The food thing is hard when we go out to eat so much. Then DH got on a dessert kick and bought some snack cakes..yum. I can't say mush about my willpower....!

Jane- I always love having family in, mostly for the visiting. DH's family really likes to get together and I do miss that when we are out here in LV. Of course, when we get together the food is plentiful also, which is yummy, but not diet friendly. Just a no win thing!! I hear IN is going to get more bad weather....stay warm and safe.

Sassy- Hello stranger. Missed seeing you here for awhile. Loved those COLTS. Have a nice vacation with your sweetie.

Cristina- Good luck with your showings. I hope you have a sale real quick. I know you are anxious too. You are doing good on your WW and exercise. Keep it up.

Tammy- Hope you got the dimmers. Would hate to have you blinded by the light. lol.... But, I do know what you mean. DH and I are arguing about the wattage of our bulbs in the dining room....still. Of course, he wants it darker than I do. But even I don't want an airport runway. :)

We are getting "antsy" to be back at the new house, but sure don't want to get in that nasty weather. I hope it passes through and gets nice soon. If possible we want to go home earlier than usual...mid March. Might even drive instead of flying. We have some furniture here we want back in IN. (even though I hate that drive..ugh!)
Have a good week ladies, and keep up the good work!

Marti
02-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Evening Ladies--

I am mourning my breakdown of my treadmill!! :cry: Can you believe it? I ended up doing one of my pilates tapes. After I was done, I realized that I LIKE to sweat!!:woops: I do feel more relaxed, but something about sweating makes me feel like I'm really doing something. Tomorrow will be my ab workout video. The weather needs to dry up so I can start walking outdoors.....I miss walking.

Sue--When do you usually go back home? I've read how New York is really getting snowed in....maybe all that snow has finally passed your area?? Hope so, especially since you're thinking of driving back. Great job on walking! (I'm so jealous) Are you feeling much better?? Very happy to see you posting again! :hug:

Jodi--I don't think I've ever heard of a freecycle group. I will have to look into that. I will take what ever free equipment I can get my hands on!! :D What I would really like to get is an elliptical. But hey....beggers can't be choosers! I'm so pleased to hear that you're in better spirits. We all have those times in our lives so don't ever feel like you're alone. Happy to have you part of our group....and you can come here anytime you need us!

Vann--I say celebrate for not gaining! I'm always thrilled when the scale goes down or stays the same. I have just recently come to terms that gaining a pound or two sometimes doesn't mean the end of the world and to all my effforts. I just need to pay more attention to what I'm doing. That was a hard lesson.....in fact, I'm still learning. :dizzy: Tomorrow is my WI. I don't really know what to expect, but hey....I just need to keep on with it.

Jane--You are just a sweetheart aren't you?? I DO need to remember to take my vitamins more. I tend to skip those often. I think it's been over a week since I've taken one and that may be part of my problem. I promise I will do better and start taking them again. :hug: for thinking of me.

Sassy--I don't blame you for wanting to keep those 10 days to yourself and hubby!! You two deserve it after working all the holidays! Any plans to go away for the day and explore? Or is the weather too crazy for that? What ever you do....enjoy it!!

Tammy--You cracked me up w/your light story!! I would love to get a tiffany light someday. But I think I would like to have one in a better looking home. It's too comfy here to have such a classy looking light hanging! :lol: As for getting one eye done.....I would hope that you'd be able to get them both done for that price! I told DH that if we ever hit a windfall....that I want to start saving for some more work. I should have done a tummy tuck while I went in for my girls. But....I wasn't thinking about that back then. I was pretty happy with the way I was......boy how time has changed that!

Good evening to the rest of you gals out there!! :wave:

Well Jane & Cristina.....I have my photos chosen and the paper chosen also...whats taking me so darn long is laying it out! Who knew I was a perfectionist?? My daughter asked me if I was working on the pages that I was suppose to do back before the holidays....now how did she remember???? She just gave me this look............and I hung my head down in shame. :dizzy: But....its close and if I work on it after work all week, I'll be able to mail them by Saturday! :D

Ok ladies...I'm off to play a video game. I got hooked on that game even though I had a raised eyebrow when I first seen it. It reminds me of something a very young child would want to play.....no wonder I like it so much! :lol:

Have a good night!

Sassy_Chick
02-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Morning Gurls! :coffee:

Aww only 1 hour and 30 minutes left and I get to go home! That means *DRUM ROLL* only 4 *WORKING* nights until vacation! :dance: If I knew how to do a ticker for it I would! lol.

Well don't know how many of you all out there are going to get hit or have already got hit with the winter storm, but we are "supposed" to get snow + ice! :yikes: I'm glad we are off the next few days! We're going to stop by the store before heading home and get a few odds and ends just in case we get snowed/iced in. lol.

Thanks Everybody for the WB's, I missed you all as well!

Off to Individuals!

JANE: Good to "see" you too! Yes 10 days off will be sooooooo great! We cannot wait! I am only asking for one day to be cleared up weather wise so we can just go out for one day out, that would be good enough for me! lol.
Yeah that is how it always is if people know we have time off, "Hey can ya come over and help us rebuild our entire house?" or something. :lol:
So MUM is the word! hee hee.

Glad the lunch with your nephew and the wife went well, sorry to hear about Mary, hope she gets well! I called and spoke with my mom today and she said she hasn't been feeling well either. I hope she doesn't get sick. :( She did say however that my Grandpa is back to the nursing home now and back to his awnry self! So that is good! :D

Yeah I definately need a "boost" or something! I haven't been really great staying OP, but I have cut down my portion size by HALF! :carrot: That to me is a HUGE accomplishment! I can actually put food down and say, "I'm FULL!!!!" and wrap it up and put it away or throw it away!!!!! :D :D :D

Awwwwwww you mean a lot to us as well..........:hug:

Okay NEXT "victim" hee hee hee. J/K! lol.

VANN:

Yeah DH & I discussed our time off and we are cool with just doing nothing at home! We even decided to have a "Stay in Bed" day! :) Basically just staying in our jammies and laying in bed and watching movies. ;) I hope you have a good time on your days off as well! :) Hey at least you did not GAIN any weight, right?? So celebrate that chicky! ;) We know you will do better, as all of us will! :carrot:
:dust: to all!

MARTI:

Aw sorry to hear about your treadmill dying!!!! :cry: But good job on not letting that stop you! I need to get out my workout DVD's too!

Thanks, DH & I are really looking forward to our 10 days off! :dancer: We plan on taking maybe one or two days (depending on weather) and just going to museums, they have the Titanic stuff at one of them and maybe other stuff around town that we don't ever have time to see!

HEE HEE I know what you mean about video games! I had one like that too that a kid would love to play and a kid probably could do much better than I at it too!

Hi :wave: Jodi, thanks I hope my Cabin Fever goes away too!

SUE:

Hey Girly! I missed you too! :hug:
I can understand getting "antsy" to get back into your new house, but completely understand about this weather! I hope the weather gets better and that your drive home is a pleasant one! :sun:

Hi :wave: to anybody out there!

OK I think that is all folks!

I think you all may change your minds once you get this post about missing me! hee hee...............UT OH Sassy's back with her long posts again! HEE HEE! :lol:

Have a Great Day!

1 hr and 8 minutes left! hee hee!

Jane
02-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello ladies!

Vann - I think most of us had a bad week with food last week. But this week will be better, and we'll keep each other motivated, ok? Glad Griffin is better. I always just hate it when a child is sick. They seem so miserable and helpless. Wait. That sounds like my hubby when he's sick, too, lol.

Marti - awww, I'm so sorry your treadmill bit the dust, but I'm so very proud of you for moving right on to another type of workout. You are an inspiration to us all! Uh, I think the holiday Jhanai is talking about would be Halloween, tee hee. I'm really looking forward to your pages, and please know that they don't have to be perfect. You saw that mine weren't anywhere close to that. About the video game, I think they help relieve stress, don't you? I used to feel almost drained when I'd have a good session with one. Please take your vitamin eveyday so I won't worry so much about you. :hug:

Jodi - I checked into Freecycle a long time ago, but forgot about it. I think it's a wonderful way to recycle stuff! I sure do know what you mean about "the one" when it comes to pets. My Molly sat in her cage with 3 other dogs at the pound, and made eye contact with me. While the other 3 were jumping all over the place, she just sat there like a lady and had the most pleading look in her eyes. I just had to pick her!

Sue - I can see why you'd want to get back to your new house. We've been enjoying our new fireplace - it simply mesmerizes me! There's snow, sleet and ice predicted to come through Indiana later today. I've got a church meeting in town at 7pm, but won't be going if it's started by then. I'm not sure when it's supposed to hit. But you think about me freezing here in Indiana while you're in sunny LV, ok?

Sassy - thanks for the kind words. :hug: Glad your grandpa is doing so much better. Bet your mom is relieved. How's her FIL? Tell me more about the museum that has some Titanic stuff, ok? My Katie is crazy about that subject. Yep, we're supposed to get some nasty weather, aren't we? Well, I guess I'll get it first, and pass it over to you, lol.

Cristina - I hope you've had a good weekend and that the showings went well.

Mary Kate - I'll be thinking of you as you get ready for surgery on Thursday.

Jules - where are you, sweetie?

Angie, Michelle, Tammy, Kathy, and any others, a big Hello to you.

Well, ladies, I gained 1 1/4 pounds last week. I was very surprised and somewhat upset to see that. Although I wasn't Perfect with the food, I thought I did pretty well. I was slack with the water, but not enough to blame a gain on it, you know? So I've decided I'm going to start doing Weight Watcher's again, at home, and have my first day's points all planned out. I didn't want to bother with counting points, but I have to admit I lost so well, and consistantly with WW 3 years ago. Of course, I'll still be using the suggustions Dr. Oz gives in his book, too.

I hope you have a great day, and I'll bbl,

Marti
02-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Today is WI day. I figured I'd have a stall or a gain since I didn't walk everyday due to treadmill issues, but I actually ended up losing 2.4lbs. I was thrilled!! Only .5lbs from 15lbs total. Amazing.
Makes me want to cry because I struggled so much over the last couple years and never saw a loss....and now w/a new look on things and motivation, I'm finally losing. I honestly didn't know I had it in me.

Sassy--Exploring museums sounds like fun! I would love to go check out info on the Titanic. Ever since I heard that DH's grandpa missed the Titanic.......I've been fascinated. I hope you get a day or more of good weather to enjoy.

Jane--I Will take that vitamin as soon as I get off the computer! As for the pages, I know I don't have to be perfect, it's just how I am. But I did end up working on it last night and I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. I originally had one photo of each of us....then I added two more of me. So, keep your fingers crossed that I get it done this weekend to mail!

Good morning to the rest of you girls. Hope you're having a great Monday morning.....I'm dragging my feet to go to work, but I suppose I need money!

So....off I go to try to pretty up some and get to work.

Have a great day!

Bandmom1011
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Marti what is an eliptical?? A lady at the meeting this morning said she had a success of staying on one for 60 min this past week. The leader said that she hates the eliptical, but I didn't know what it even was. Oh and go to freecycle.org and it will lead you to a local freecycle group (they are run thru yahoo groups). I am co-owner of one group and owner of a smaller group in my area.

Jane looks like we are getting ready to get HIT big time. Looks like you all are going to get it worse than those in the North, hearing that you are expecting ice along with it. eewww

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Today was WI, wasn't too hopeful, expected a gain. But I have another week of not losing, not gaining. Guess that is far better than a gain. I know I need to step up some things. I know what the problem probably is. I AM going to change some things!!!! You know as Dr Phil says, we can't change what we don't acknowledge- I am working on acknowledging my problems.

Stay warm and be safe girls!

Marti
02-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Back for a minute:

Jane--I took my vitamin as promised!:D Just wanted to let ya know!:)

Jodi--Here is an elliptical: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/belong2james/untitled.jpgIt kicks my butt sometimes but I see such great results. I will check out that sight tonight after work. Thanks for posting it.

Ok.......time to get "dolled" up for work. :lol:

Bandmom1011
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I know there is an exercise forum, but it seems like they are all so advanced over there. I was looking for a lady who I can be accountable to (and her to me) where exercise is concerned.

Today in the meeting one lady said that she made a committment to someone to do just 10 min a day, and that she had managed to do it and more because she committed to check in with someone.

I know that this is something I need to do. But I want someone who isn't going to look down on me if I should only make it to 10 min, ya know?

So, would there be anyone here that would like to become exercise buddies? Feel free to IM me!

FrouFrou
02-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello ladies...

Feeling really crappy today. But I did drag myself to It Figures, and did a one mile walk on the treadmill. It is so ugly outside...thinking that is part of the blah feeling I have. Of all things it's raining. And, it's supposed to turn to snow later this evening, yuck!

SUE...can I come visit? I need some sunny, warm weather! I can only imagine how you guys are missing your new home, you guys barely got moved in before leaving for Vegas. Believe me, with the weather though, I sure wouldn't be missing it too much.

JANE...sorry for the gain this week, rather last week. I've been slacking in the water department as well. Getting back on track for sure this week. Hope Mary gets to feeling better.

MARTI...you sound like me when doing the pages. Mine set on the dining room table for quite awhile because I couldn't get it the way I wanted to. DD told me you are putting too much thought into it. Ummm, yeah, I wanted them to look nice and I still wasn't happy with the results. The next ones will be better for sure. Sorry your treadmill bit the dust. Wow, you guys didn't have it very long did you? Can't remember if you guys bought it new or used but do you not have a warranty of some sort? Thought most things come with one for a year at least, I don't know. We bought a cheapie at Wal-Mart about 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I really am surprised as I thought it would have quit long ago, knock on wood, lol. WTG on yet another loss! :bravo: :woohoo: You are doing an awesome job with your weight loss, keep up the good work missy! :carrot: Oh, I wouldn't even want the a years cleaning from this cleaners. Apparently, they have had problems before. And the stains were caused by them.

TAMMY...we missed his one birthday but celebrated it when he came home on leave. This will be the second one missed. :( It really is hard. How do you cope with not seeing your son? Don't think the stains were mold, unless they got it wet and left it in the washer, the dummies. Love the light/eye story, lol. I am saving for a facelift. DH keeps laughing at me thinking I am joking, lol. I'm not though. I don't mind growing old gracefully but why not better yourself if you can? and my eyes are the worst! The bags and sagging eyes make me look tired and mean. I have had people tell me I look mad a lot and I'm not!

JODI...I would love to be an exercise buddy but I'm not really into the IM thing. We could e-mail if you would like. Glad you are in better spirits. :hug:

SASSY...whatever you and hubby do on your 10 days off, I know you will enjoy it! You guys have worked so hard lately you definitely deserve a long break.

VANN...WTG on not gaining! You may not have lost anything but maintaining is just as hard as losing so you did good! :carrot: I know we always want to see a loss though.

Hi to anyone I missed. :wave:

Well, I am sad to report a 2 pound gain this past week, ugh! But I expected it. Since V and I went to Olive Garden last Monday I was on a downhill spiral. It just didn't stop...DD and I had pizza one night, the breadsticks are a killer for me. I told her she better enjoy it because it would be the last for quite a while. Having a busy week running around didn't help either. I know it's not an excuse but I was in a blah, I don't care mood for some reason. But I do care so...I am getting back on track with my exercise, the water, eating and my vitamins. I was just a very bad girl last week. Probably had one glass of water if that, exercised 2 days, and took no vitamins and eat way too much. Don't really know why I did it either, doesn't make sense. But I know what I did wrong and I am correcting it this week so no guilt, just moving on. To top it off, I was looking at my calendar and I had the wrong starting weight and amount lost on my ticker, ugh! Geez louise, not sure where my head is/was. I keep track of it on the printed out calendars I get online. That is basically my journal to keeping track of the amount of water I drink, my WI's, measurements once a month, the exercise I do and if I take my vitamins or not.

About the comforter...I go and pick it up tomorrow, maybe. I don't know what those pink stains were but it was all over the comforter. It was actually cleaner when I took it in than when I brought it home. You can't tell me they didn't see that...what were they thinking? Anyway, we'll see what happens with it tomorrow.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a nice day. :hug: And, here's to a better week :cheers:

jules1216
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Quick hi to everyone--too many posts to catch up.

FrouFrou
02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Hiya Ms Jules! :wave:

Good to see you checking in and hoping all is well with you and yours. when you have time to chat come back and stay a while ;)

Gotta go but just wanted to stop by for a few minutes.

Have a good one!

Sassy_Chick
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi Ms Jules!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

suetalks
02-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi Jules and all JL's. Good to see you all posting away. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the chatter, but fun trying!! Keep it up..and Sassy..you too!
Just wanted to say I got in a longer walk, 45 minutes today, and part was uphill. Whew...did my legs feel that. DH and I walked to the post office and will go again tomorrow. (Today, picked up a mailer and tomorrow will actually mail it) Hey, it was a great walk. I know I over did the food a tad today, but I am slowly getting in gear. One step at a time.

I hope the storm misses all of you, but I am afraid some areas are in for a big one.....stay safe and warm all.

Marti
02-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Evening Ladies--

Today was a total Manic Monday at work!! I have never felt so far behind!! But the day finally ended and I got to go home! :)

Jodi--What did you have in mind for exercise buddies? Just chat online through IM? Feel free to add me to your contacts...I'll be your buddy!

Cristina--Sorry you're not feeling good today. Way to go for walking despite feeling that way. Did it help a little? Our weather was gorgeous this afternoon.....I couldn't believe it! I was wanting to walk....by the time I drove home, the rain returned. Figures!

Jules--Hi :wave: Glad to see you poppin in, even if it is a quicky!

Sue--I can imagine your walks being great. I picture such scenery.....being in Vegas that is. Or are you away from all the lights and crowds?

Hello to the rest of you gals.

Tomorrow I go back to the dentist. I will be having a cleaning....last one was for a check up since it's been so long since the last time I went in. I think I'll be getting to know my dentist more than I would like......need work on these old teeth of mine.

Today I chose to make my "exercise free" day. I was stressed out at work that I think I got too tense and my upper back aches. So I just want to relax. I really shouldn't but......I'm going to.
Has anyone heard of "yoga,booty,ballet"? I saw an informercial on it and thought how it just looked like fun. And if it gave results....well heck, that would be a bonus. :D May look into that more and see what I think.

Ok gals,......gotta get up bright and early. Have a good night and I'll catch up after work...won't have time to pop in, in the morning.

Night!

Jane
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Good morning, ladies,:wave:

Marti - YAY for your loss! :cp: You are doing so great with the diet and exercise, both. I hadn't heard of the Yogo, booty, ballet stuff, but found a link for you. http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=79&itemType=GATEWAY I have no idea what it is, and don't want lurkers thinking I'm promoting it, but since you asked, I googled it for you. Once again, you are an inspiration to us, Marti!

Jodi - ah, we're all wet here in southern Indiana, and it's all supposed to freeze later today. :yikes: I like Dr. Phil's outlook of most things, too. He can be somewhat brash at times, but he makes a person think. I especially like this one: "How's that workin' for ya?" lol. You can talk about your exercise here if you want, and we'll all cheer you on and help keep you accountable.

Cristina - it's raining here, too, and it's supposed to freeze. I can't really complain, though, because our winter has been very, very mild up until now. Mary's much better - thank you for asking. Hey, your calendar system sounds like a good idea! :yes: You can tell at a glance how you're doing for the day, the week, and all month long. I think I'll start doing that, too! Here's hoping the comforter looks better when you pick it up today.

Jules - hi! It's good to see you check in, even if you can't stay long. Then I at least know you're amongst the living. :hug:

Sue - brrrrrr! We're about to get hit with a 12 degree low for tomorrow. That's not counting the wind chill factor. Wiggle your nose like Samantha and transport me to Vegas, would ya? :D Bravo to you for the walking!

Makenzie is coming in a little while to be Grandma's Girl today. I doubt we'll go to town, but we will still have fun. She likes to work puzzles, read books, help me cook, and will be jamming to my iPod, too, lol. The thing I like best is when she sits on my lap and we talk about whatever she wants.

I really liked my first day back to WW. Seems like if you choose the healthiest foods, you can get quite a bit to eat, and there's nothing remotely resembling junk food in the house.

BBL,

Marti
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

I'm ready to go and thought "hey, I have a minute to check the board" so here I am! :lol:

Jane--Yep, that's the informercial I seen. I don't think I would spend that much money on it though. Wonder if they have it anywhere besides just on tv??

I'm VERY tired this morning. I got a call from hubby last night that he was on his way home, so naturally I wanted to see more than an hour of him and stayed up. I spent a little over an hour and needed to get to bed...got up at 6:00......he'll be off to work before I get home from work. Crazy I tell ya!! But worth the lack of sleep since I got my hugs and kisses I needed. Plus he told me how proud he was of me with my weightloss.....that just put me on cloud 9!!

Ok girls...I'm getting mushy here , better head off to the dentist.

Have a great morning!

FrouFrou
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...WTG on the walking! I think I would have a hard time being in Vegas...with the food and exercise. I know me, lol! You and DH are doing GREAT!

MARTI...this darn weather never cooperates for us does it? Lol Well, I am glad that the rain didn't freeze and dried up (on the streets) before the temps dropped. It was supposed to start snowing last night but it didn't...snowing today but not heavy so that's good. Glad you got your hugs and kisses from James! :love: Hey, maybe try ebay??? You might find something there.

JANE...yeah, we had a mild winter but then it's like it is trying to make up for that in a short amount of time, ick. I don't mind the cold, it's the icky streets/mess. We still have snow from 4 weeks ago. You are right about WW...if you plan it right, you actually do get lots of food. And the calendar idea is GREAT! Going to pick up the comforter tomorrow since I will be out and it's not supposed to be ready until after 5. I am really afraid to go up there and see it. Oh well, if it's ruined it just means I get a new one, lol! Glad Mary is feeling better and have a fun day with Makenzie!

Nothing much going on today. Had a call for a showing at 11:45. I was in the middle of doing my exercise and before I could call back 15 minutes later they called and cancelled, lol. I'm wondering if it was the same person who has done this once already, same realtor. Oh well...just being lazy today as far as cleaning.

Have a good day ladies! Hi to everyone else :wave:

Bandmom1011
02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Just checking in before I go and do my exercising. The snow is really blowing- we have drifts off our porch about 2 ft deep. This morning when I looked in my driveway, the drifts were higher than that. My husband had to the smarts to stay home from work this morning and I am glad as we are now on snow emergency (and we live 10 miles out of town), he would have never gotten back home. The wind is really strong and it's basically a white out, not far from the window. Thankfully, we have heat, water and electricity and the internet- haha so all is well because we are all safe and comfortable.

Will check back later. Stay safe and warm!

vannh9
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Feels like I have been gone for a month LOL!! My little ones showed up last night quite unexpectedly and of course they wanted valentine goodies early....and I couldn't resist!!

Marti-- So sorry about your treadmill. I know those things aren't cheap!! Congratulations on loosing..:carrot: You do so well!! I think to have a flat week has hopefully reminded me what the loss weeks are like!! I miss that feeling! Hope you guys enjoy the video games. I got Grif the new "Play" game for Wii...he isn't getting it til tomorrow, but it looks like we will both have fun ..hee hee

Jodi- We didn't find one..almost, but not early enough. Our petsmart has local adoptathons on the weekends and when we got there we saw 2 beauties being taken back to a room to be petted..we went to look at them..they were adorable, but the family that had them adopted them :-( Wasn't meant to be! We are going to meet a breeder of Maine Coon's in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted. Thanks for asking..it is hard to be without that constant companionship once you are used to it..

Sue- I have decided I am hormonal (my excuse for everything) because my DS called and wanted TAco Bell and I quite happily got me a Chalupa..thought very little about ---and it was GOOD!! I haven't had fast food in 2 months..not sure where my willpower has gone, but I will keep starting over if I have to!!

Sassy--Send me more Willpower dust LOL. I don't know what is wrong with me this week...Tacos..who knows whats next!

Jane- Hope your husband is better too. I don't know about you but when I am home taking care of sick "kids" I eat more :) I also hope you had a fun day with McKenzie...Our weather here is crummy and I think it is impacting ME...

Christina-I am so glad you have chosen to move on..no need to dwell on the past. Lets focus on what we want for this week..I am saying this for me more than you!!

Hi Jules, Tammy, Michele and whoever else I missed...hugs to you all..you are my inspiration!!:hug:

FrouFrou
02-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. Up late because I can't sleep, my throat is killing me!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES!
:love: :chockiss: :val3: :val1: :val1: :val1: :val1: :val3: :chockiss: :love:

See ya tomorrow some time! :wave:

Jane
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!

Marti - how long was/is James home? Glad you got your hugs and kisses. We all need those on a regular basis, don't we?

Cristina - aww, I hope you aren't getting what I had last week. My throat felt like it was on fire, and it hurt to swallow. (I still ate plenty anyway, though, lol) I also had a humungous headache with so much pressure, and sincerely hope you aren't having that.

Jodi - yowza, that's some snow drift! Thankfully you still have your utilities, especially the internet, lol. Stay warm!

Vann - so you finally found a Wii game! Is it fun? As I mentioned to somebody here, my DGDs have some video games, and I like to play them too, sometimes. My reflexes aren't what they used to be, haha.

Well, among other things, Neal gave me a box of Russell Stover chocolates for Valentine's Day. I had one serving (2 pieces) and counted the points for it, which is 3 points. I haven't been craving chocolates, so I don't think I'll have trouble pacing myself with these. I'll share with Neal, the kids and DGDs, so they'll be history before too long, anyway. I've been doing well with food again this week, and don't want to mess up.

Although we have some snow and ice, it's melting off the roads, so Mary and the kids and I are going to town later.

Have a great Valentine's Day, ladies!

FrouFrou
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello ladies...

...and Happy V-Day! :love1:

JODI...wow, those drifts are huge! That's how we ended up with so much snow close to the house, the drifts. And the wind the last two days are bone chilling, brrrr. Glad you guys have your electric and heat especially! Stay warm.

VANN...yeah, that's one thing I have learned, is too not dwell on my mistakes. Just move on and do better, and that is what I am doing. So far so good. Even with going to lunch today I am still doing good. That's really all you can do.

JANE...yeah, not sure what it is but I have it. Jason and Vince both have been coughing and sneezing their heads off. I've had a runny nose all week but nothing too bad. The sore throat is a killer for sure. You, Mary and the girls be careful going into town.

I went to It Figures this monring even though I didn't feel up to it. Didn't help that I stayed up too late last night. Ran a couple of errands while I was out and now just waiting for Jason to come home. He has been wanting to go to lunch for a while and picked today. I asked him if he new it was V-Day he said yeah, what's your point, lol. I don't think it (REd Lobster) will be too busy at lunch time, I'm hoping anyway. Not really in a red lobster mood but he's taking me so whatever he wants is fine. I've got my points all planned so I will be fine. I'll end up using some of my 35 of course but will still have some left. Anyway, better get going. Need to start a load of laundry as well. Take care ladies and have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie. :love:

Bandmom1011
02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
HI EVERYBODY!!!

I am not doing my walking today because we shoveled out our driveway today. My muscles are starting to feel it too, my lower back is hurting. Luckily with 2 teenagers, all 4 of us were able to take turns so we could switch when we got out of breath and go warm up in the van while we waited for our turn again. I kid you not, the tunnel we built thru the driveway has walls of at LEAST 2 feet deep. I thought they had plowed the road and built the snow up, but when I waded thru the snow to the road- THAT WAS THE ROAD!!! When the plow did come thru, the snow flying towards us from it looked like the avalanches you see on tv. It was an experience for sure. It took up between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs to dig out. Our driveway is about 150 ft long I believe.
Just found out school is called off for tomorrow again. I have GOT to go to work tomorrow. I have to take down the Valentines Day cards and put up the Easter Cards displays in the Dollar Stores. My son hates doing my kind of work, so I may just take my daughter. It will sure cut down on the amount of time I have to be there doing that.

So, that is my life today. Hope all of you are doing well.

vannh9
02-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Happy Valentines day to all!! :hug:

Jane--We do like the Wii..the game came with a controller so I can play too:-) Allows a bit of the kid to come out in me...still glad to know it's there :-)

Christina..Hope you feel better...Hugs to you!

Jodi!! Wow..ton's of snow?? You guys stay warm..

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy V'Day..

See you tomorrow!

Jane
02-14-2007, 10:40 PM
See you at #234. :)