Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #1  
I'm bringing MY sexy back

S/C/G: 231/210/150

Height: 5'0

Default Scale question ???

I was curious and I think it was posted here on how to test to see if your scale is accurate. Well, my hubby works out and has dumbbells so I tested it with his 30-pounder one and the scale showed it as 30.8!!!

So my scale is in fact over the accurate amount. Does this mean that I need a new one ?? Need to adjust my weight? This is the only scale I've ever used since starting the WWers and all... so I think the 'pounds lost' at least is accurate still, but maybe how much I weigh in reality is off, right ?? Does that make sense ??

Should I go out and get a new one when I get a chance? I was always told not to use multiple scales since every scale is different. ??? I've had this scale for about a year, and its the white WWer one, so I thought it was a really good one!!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

well if you know it weighs .8 pounds heavy just subtract that from your weight every week. To me it is not worth it to go out and get a new one now that you how the difference.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I would keep using the same scale, but then I'm cheap. I hate buying new stuff if the stuff I have works. As long you use the same scale, the amount that you have lost hasn't changed. It's off less than one pound, so that's not that much different. If it really bothers you, subtract the 0.8 like Kelly said. Besides if you do go buy a new scale, it might be off by more than that, because like you said each scale is different. Then what do you do? Keep buying new scales?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's also possible that the 30 lbs weight is not exactly 30 lbs. Some weights do not count the weight of the bar as part of the weight.
Closed Thread