Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  

Default I feel that eating salads in restaurants just is not worth it

We all eat out - as mush as we try to avoid it and stay at home and eat healthy and points savy - we all face the dilemma of eating out.

I feel that eating salads out in a diner/restaurant is so hard because you never know exactly how much of the ingrediants are added or the calories/fat of the dressing.

I always stare at the salad like it is a algebra equation and always go home and try to disect the points of the salad. Does any one feel this or have tips of eating salads out in a restaurant that is a bit more sane.

What I have been doing when I go out is order a Turkey Burger. The Burger seems to be a constant 6 ounces at all the diners and I ask for it on wheat bread instead of a bun. Then, to shave off a bit of calories, I put 1 slice of bread on the side and split the other in half on the burger.

I always feel satasfied and pile it high with Lettuce, Tomatoe,Onion and a squirt of ketchup.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  

Do you mean salads like raw green stuff or salads like tuna salad?

For the raw green stuff, you could ask for the dressing on the side and just dip each bite as you eat it. YMMV but I wouldn't worry overly much about whether I had one cup of green leafy veggies or two.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #3  

Both actually. In tuna or chicken salad - its hard to measure the mayo or oil in pre-made salads. I am not worried about eating to many veggies, its the other ingrediants that worry me.

Whenever I order a salad or one is served to me at a party or event - I over analyze the chesse sprinkled on top or worry if anchovies are mashed in the salad because of the oil content.

I have just been staying away from them all together. I think I just may be over analyzing everything. This is my 2nd time on WW and the first time I was very successful and I was also very strict with the points values. I am trying to loose 30 lbs before my wedding and I feel like if I cant know EXACTLY what I am eating (points wise) then I stay away from it.
Closed Thread