Support Groups - Lo Carb Support Club #6

View Full Version : Lo Carb Support Club #6

1fralick
10-22-2001, 05:01 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone.

Yes it was quiet here this weekend.

Please make sure you see Lee's and Terri's posts from #5.

I had a great OP weekend!!! I am getting better at the weekend thing. I still neeed to pust the water though. It's my onlt downfall. Usually only get in a bout 6 glasses.

The weather was just awful here yesterday. It poured. I was able to get the lawn mowed in teh morning but that was about it. Saturday put the last of the outdoor stuff away. I have to call that employer today as he wasn't availble when I called from work on Friday. I don't know if I menetioned it here or over atthe 100 # club that an agency I interviewed for and turned down due to salery called me last week to call him back. I am hoping for good news.

Lee I am always so gled to see you post. Your weight loss is wonderful, I can't wait to see 1 size 16 again. How are you feeling? Is you back better?

Terri, Hey girl, glad to see you too! I get so frustrated w/ myself when I slip. Because it usually doesn't sit well w/ me. I will feel bloated, or foggy usually for a lot longer than it took me to eat it and then I feel stupid for doing it any way. Just don't do it and I feel so much better. The mental thing is the worst. OP feels so good and yet I screw up time and again. I hope you continue to check in when you can. We miss you

Sue, Sue where are you girl? I miss you too. I hope you are alright, how is Ozzie?, Bellydancing, your new career? Stop by and let us know.

Dana how was your weekend? You are an OP goddess!! Thanks for your wonderful words of support. I have one more week till measurement time.

Pam, You were awful quiet this weeketoo. I hope all is well. Congrats on your loos too. You are so close to your first mini goal!!

Well I am offto w/o

25_HOPEFUL
10-22-2001, 06:44 AM
Good Monday Morning to All!

A great weekend at my house as BOTH of our sons came to visit from college! The house was busy......the phone was busy....and we were busy! It was wonderful! I had to have some "goodies" in the kitchen that they could enjoy....but I was GOOD! In fact, there is an apple pie that nobody touched......so I am taking it to work today to "get rid of it!" CONTROL IS TEH KEY TO VICTORY!!! ;)
fralick....I also have trouble getting my water in over the weekend! I carry bottles with me and keep filling them up...but I need to do better! I will make a real effort from now on! This Friday's weigh in will definately show a pound or two loss for you...I just know it! But remember....don't just go by Mr. Scale! There are many WEIGHS to measure SUCCESS! (Thanks for starting #6!)

nasus......if you are lurking out there girl...take a second to check in! You are in our thoughts! I know you are on plan and kicking butt! If how busy you are means WE have to get along without you from time to time...so be it! BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT......WE MISS YOU! :(
gbo.......hope all is well with you!! Next time my boys are home I should get your here to do the cooking! WHEW! LOL Anyway......congrats again on your loss!
paula.......thanks for sharing your plan info and success so far! I can not believe you have lost 50 in 4 months on Atkins! WOOOOOOOOW! I think I may be doing a simlar plan to you. I am not doing induction.....but I am staying vary VERY low carb on it! I have lost 38 since June 15. I eat 2 eggs for breakfast, a small salad with mayo and some protein for lunch and protein and some veggies for dinner. My snacks include peanuts (my downfall), celery, and cheese. I am 5'9" and would like to get down to a size 14 jean. I am in an 18 right now. I have a goal "weight" in mind but have not been in the 100's for so long....I am not sure how realistic it is! I am 224 right now and when I push that big silver square on the scale down to 150 and get in the 100's you will hear shouts of joy coming from Pittsburgh! I have only been losing 1 per week and I try very hard not to get discouraged! I wish it were 2 each week because I honestly stay on plan and exercise. My whole family battles weight....and I think my metabolism is partly to blame...but I will NOT give up! It will come off...maybe slower than I hope.......but it WILL come off! Please continue to share how you are doing and do the Friday Weigh In! It gives everyone such a lift to see the success of others! (And to see how much LIGHTER the bus it getting!)

terri.....you MUST keep posting! Sit down with yourself and have a heart to heart talk about why you are not having the success you want...and DESERVE! We are all pulling for you! All of us want to shed these FAT SUITS! Stop wasting time in a body that does NOT belong to you! We are here for ya! Get some on plan food....fill some water bottles.......take time to move your butt...and get on this thread! Your seat on the bus is here! We are rolling!
butterfly......we need to hear from your more often too! I know how busy everyone is...beleve me! But we are all in this together and we have to look out for eachother! I want this for me soooo bad...and I want it for each of you too! Come on girl! How ya doin'??

To any lurkers out there..PLEASE join in. There are plenty of seats on this BUS TO GOAL! We are a nice group of gals who are trying very hard to rid ourselves of bodies that do NOT belong to us! I am not ashamed to say it.....I want to be fit and trim! I am not comfortable with this FAT on me! I am angry at myself at times for "allowing" myself to gain this weight! I am angry that years of eating low fat and high carbs...LIKE I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSSED TO EAT....played an obvious factor in my being this size! I wish sooooooo bad I would have known loooooong ago that LOW CARBS were the answer! BUT....HEY....I know ****WE ALL KNOW....that following a low carb plan WILL get us to goal!

I want it sooooooooooooooo bad everyone! I know how bad YOU want it to! Here's to another week of

ON PLAN
MOVE YOUR BUTT
DRINK YOUR WATER
WEIGH IN FRIDAY
SUCCESS!

Your Friend, Dana (Always HOPEFUL!!!)

gbo
10-22-2001, 12:38 PM
Good Morning my fellow weight warriors how the heck is everyone?
I had company this weekend and we had a lovely time. I have decided that I need to sit down and have a serious chat with the sand man he just keeps missing me for some reason. I wish I could say it was stress, nerves or something reasonable but NNNOooooooooo! We grilled steaks on the grill last night and they were wonderful. I put pieces in a container and have them as a snack...all that hickory smoked steak is a delight! Listen I have a question.... should I not have posted on the rededication and methods page....it stopped with me and I can not help but think it might have kept going if I had not posted. I am not sure why it stopped dead but I am wondering. The exchanges were so good and ideas flowing....what did I do? I am so confused about this.
I am always op but the scale God is miserly with me for some reason. I must admit I am not used to that. Still, it is creeping down. I should love a small slide about now!!!!
Lol , perhaps I want my goal to badly!!!!!!!!!
Actually at this time as much as I would love to loss more quickly I am so glad that I am now consistantly lossing even if it is 1 -4 lbs a week!!!! I am so grateful to see it leaving period!!!!

Lee, How great you are doing ! How happy I am to see you posting again. Be well Dear Friend.

Susie Q? Where are you? I miss your sweet presence but I know you have a lot to do!!!! You can do it , you can do it well!!!!

Dana Good going!

Pat I hope you find the perfect job with just the right pay to inspire you. That alway's helps !!!! LOL
Take care all,
Pam

nasus40
10-22-2001, 10:11 PM
hi guys i am not going to try to catch up because i am so far behind. i have been getting snipits from time to time and keeping up that wasy. but i am here and trying to network and just plain keeping really busy. example today had my exercise, then breakfast with a friend then home plan boyscout meeting tonight go to the store pick up the kids from school, make dinner get things ready for the meeting, eat dinner the meeting all the patrents went away and then i left for belly dancing and just came back!!! and i thought that not working would be easy!!!! no way. i had been doing great till this weekend and i am trying to get back OP hard but well no buts no real pigouts but just poor planning, that will change i have no major runnig till thursday or friday then have family party at my house on saturday my inlaws asre going to spen the night and then say the next day so you will not wee me on this weekend.

I am so proud of all of you!!! you are doing fantastic. it gives me the inspiration to be OP WAV!!!!

40??? dana??? wow i am so impressed!!! this friday i am sure!!!!i did see 60! but TOM came and i well had the wedding and that blew it for me!! i went full but it was a 2 hour drive and then i could not bring tuna there so i got to hungry!!! and well you can guess!!! so i am getting back to normal. hey i need to get to sleep i will check in tomorow.

nasus40
10-23-2001, 01:02 PM
I am back and ripping!!! come on the bus is sure rummbeling!!!

where is everyone this morning??? r afternoon!!! :^:

nasus40
10-23-2001, 01:08 PM
Lee i see that you are online!!!! YOOOOO HOOOOO where are you ???, i know how being busy can do damage but you must check in atleast to say hi and that helps to keep you OP!!! i know the weather is palying many tricks with all of us. i have a 8 lb water gain this week and i know ti is from the bacon i have been having for breakfast and the carbs i ate this weekend so i an not to worried but it does not make me feel better when i see the scale. but i know that it would drag me down if i was not going to check in here today!!! so today i am doing great!!! check in!!!

BOO where are YOO? :lol:

1fralick
10-24-2001, 05:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone.
Quiet here, except for Sue LOL.

I have a new job!!! My prison bid is over!!!! I am so happy and flattered. I will start there teh Monday after Thanksgiving. This will mean we will be looking for a home closer to Watertown another thing to stress about. But all these things will eventually give us what we need to do.

I am still OP!!! Also a good feeling. DH is still OP he as a man is losing weight quicker. He is an avid outdoorsman and gets good exercise while enjoying the outdoors.

The weather has turned nasty here I guess we get no indian summer this year. And we have snow in the forecast this weekend.

Sue I love to see you post. You are brimming with energy!!! I love the running. I feel so young when I do it. People really don't get why I am so excited about it.

Dana- It sounds like you had a great weekend. My Mom was heavy all her life too( a short life as she died at age 60). I remember kids making fun of her size. Seems like times never change. My sisters( I have 3) all are thin. In fact I am the only heavy one. My dream when I reach goal is to have a family picture done to mark the event.

Pam - You are so close!!!! Watch your salt intake as you don't want to register any water on Friday!!I hate weighing the waterLOL. Thanks for your kind words. You sound like one awesome cook.

Terri, B00, Lee Hello!! check in when you can

I better go To "The Room"

gbo
10-24-2001, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure I am ssuch an awesome cook as much as I havs a hubby who loves to eat and an 80 yr old Mom who you have to take a crow bar to her mouth to get her to eat properly. For her candy, cookies and such are all she really wants but she is a diabetic!!! I am determined she will eat real food!!!!
I have been quite frustrated with the exceptional slow weight loss. For very serious medical reasons I have to have good results. Lee and I discussed it and as a result I am cutting out cheese and soda and....I have been taking a thermogenic to increase my metabolism.(hopefully speed the weight loss up some) It seems that it has slowed me down rather than speeded me up. The first week well...wow but after that teeth and claws for every pound. My system reacted by being hyper sensitive, not a good thing. Water retention was also a problem. I have been off them for two days and already the two lbs up (water) as well as another lbs is gone. I have been yo -yoing wildly but it has stopped so evidently it was the correct choise for me to make. I am sleepy alot more, which in my case is not such a bad thing LOL. In all these weeks I have not cheated one time and honing this to suit my body needs has taken time but I hope I will see better results now. We shall see. I had four deviled eggs this morning and will have a shake later , for dinner two pork chops and 1 cup green beans. I am back to my water and herbal teas with only two soda's a day. I am making my famous hot wings Friday when my girlfriend comes out to visit and looking forward to it. Love hot wings!!! and they are legal!!! Life is good!!!!
I am a bit out of it as I seem to need a lot of sleep right now at least until my body functions normalize. So bear with me but I am here most everyday. Week ends sometimes find me absent but I do check in. Hang tough my friends.
Love, Pam

nasus40
10-24-2001, 01:38 PM
Pam are you taking in enough calories??? that is very important you need to take in atlease 1200 calories or your body will go into starvaton mode!!! check your intake on www.fitday.com it is very important!!!!

i did about 60 min on the bike today and wow i needed that it was difficult but i burned tons aof calories. it was more than the 350 it said cuz i could not put in my weight!! i sent out the form to the state fr my self employment today. so i am going to be on pins and needles for 2 weeks till i get it back!!!

PAT WOOOOO HOOOOO so what is your new job???/ did i miss the interview? Duh!!! so tell all!!! better pay??? good bennies????

tornadoterr
10-24-2001, 03:42 PM
Hi all,

Im trying to get back OP, its tough, Im not doing real bad but Im not following the program either....ah well, Im working on it....

I have been busy with FLYLADY tho, my house is getting whipped into shape finally.....slowly..

My ex hubbys mother died Mon night, on my daughters birthday, She is my girls grandmother....so off to the funeral home tonight... I am meeting my mom, dad and sisters there.....it will be a sad week...she was a great lady.....

Pat, congrats on the job WOOO HOOO!!!! GOOD GOING

EVERYONE have a great day... I will talk to ya later....

25_HOPEFUL
10-24-2001, 08:12 PM
Hello My Friends,

Just a quick hello here! I just got back from a Halloween Parade. The school I work at is a Catholic School. They did a flag theme. My nephew was dressed as Uncle Sam and led the group waving a flag. Two parents carried a huge banner that read in huge glitter letter, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" The children were dressed in red or white and carried big fabric strips as the stripes and others were in all blue with big stars on their heads. The recited the pledge to the flag and sang as they marched. It was wonderful. There were lots of nice things in the parade....and alot of patriotic things. There was also lots of candy going around...including M & M's passed out by some Girl Scouts dressed as the candy. Me was good! Me gave any cand thrown at me to others. MR. SCALE BETTER REMEMBER THAT COME FRIDAY!!!

Anyway.........I have been on plan...and I have walked since weather has been nice. It is suppossed to turn cold here in Pittsburgh tomorrow so I guess it will be off to the pool!

Hope you all are doing well!

1fralick
10-25-2001, 05:02 AM
Good Morning All,

I am listening to the wind howl outside. It is supposed to be nasty w/ wind 45-60mph with higher gusts. What a day.

I purchased a trench coat in a size 22, and have to return it because it is too big. WHich in a way is good, just a pain as I bought thru the mail. DH is down to 224# I think he has almost lost 20# since July.

I am OP still!!

Dana, Halloween is just the first in many holidays to come. Way to go on giving that candy away!! I haven't succombed yet either and my office mate has had candy availble for weeks on her desk. I am a sucker for candy corn but none have passed these lips!!
I bet the kids were cute!!

Terri, I am sorry for your loss :( . How are your kids doing? Take care the next few days will be stressed. Take time for yourself too.

Pam- In all mmy reading about weight loss, those who shed at a rate of 1-2# per week were able to keep the weight off( on average). in teh long run. It took time to get it there it will take time for the darn stuff to come off. I think SUe is right. My suggestio is that you journal for a week the food and amount( measure) and log it into fitday .com. This will break it down for you. Are you taking a multivitamin? And haven't you shown a loss every week no matter what? Also with teh soda, have you tried flavored seltzer water? it has thebubbles and no sodium?

Hey Sue, How are you doing? I had the interview last sept. I turned the job down due to salary. They called back and offered more money. I will be an outpatient substance abuse counselor in watertown. Do you have any suggestions about stretching for running? My lower back is killing me and it started when I stared running.

Lee How are you
B00?
Any body alse?

Have a great day

paula1254
10-25-2001, 10:44 AM
I'm Here!!! I'm Here!!!

I HAVE been staying OP...that's the easiest thing for me to do when I am home (I really didn't do all that badly wjile out of town!!!). I have been busy writing again. I had started a book and was about half way finished when my ex decided he didn't like all the time I was spending on the computer and deleted it. It's taken me all these years to begin again, and I am determined to get it done this time.

Sue: It's good to see you back again. I think I am going to staple your mouth!!! No more cheating!!! Don't defeat yourself...you have too many exciting goals in front of you, and your weight loss is a major factor in more ways than one. Besides, I am quickly catching up with you...you don't want me to pass you up, do you??? LOL

Pat: I am so proud and delighted for you!!! Congratulations and a big hug have been sent your way, my friend. And I am truly proud of you staying OP. Hang in there...we're with you all the way!!!

Pam: It must have been the pills you were taking that kept you from sleeping. YOu need to sleep to lose weight, just as you need to eat to lose weight. Our body has needs that must absolutely be fulfilled. Sending prayers your way, my friend.

Dana: The longer we stay on this progran, the easier it is to stay OP. I still occasionally have cravings, but I have tricks I use to dance around them. I am most determined..just as you are!!! I'm so proud for your resolve to conquer this program and get rid of this fat suit forever!!!

Terri: I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's grandmother. I know you're hurting right now. My prayers are with you. Get back on track when you can.

Boo: I hope you're doing well.

If I disappear for a bit, don't be worried for me. Some (not so good) things are happening and I need to keep myself engrossed in order to escape for a while. I'm a tough cookie and will work through this. Just please keep me in your prayers/

I'm so proud of all of you.

Lee

gbo
10-25-2001, 04:22 PM
My calories are fine. Between not sleeping hardly at all, and it is so true Lee...when you don't sleep you don't lose weight. This may have been a major source of problems for me. I have made a study of this sleep weight thing and discovered without eight hours I do not lose and in fact will appear to gain. I think that may be my body as opposed to everyone but I don't know if it would apply to everyone or not as I have not made a study of it other than with myself. I am taking vitamins and feel alot better
with the ticker rythum. I knew my body was losing ground and I am fighting my way back to health and weight loss. I am getting there. My strength and endurance has dropped considerably with out the thermogenics. I have a long standing problem with profound exhaustion but I am doing better in other ways. I didn't realize how weak I was until coming off the pills. I am not to functional at the moment and my real exercise has suffered but I am walking a lot. Hopefully it will balance out. Lol I kind of feel like death warmed over but it will get better!

Terri, I am so sorry for your family's loss. You hang in there my prayers are with you .

Lee Honey...I am here if you need me. E-mail me anytime. I have you floating on prayers so you hang in there.

Sue, you have a lot going on but don't forget your weight is involved in everything so keep op and reach all of your goals. I know you can do this very , very well. Keep your focus babe, I am pulling for you and praying for you.

Pat, I just have to keep a close watch on my own body functions for a while as my system is so hyper sensitive to everything right now. I can see it is going to take so real honing to get this body in real full function but I will get the job done. I am op and I am going this weekend to get flavored waters as I do love them and they will work much better for me in the meantime it is just....."Tea Time". Herbal of course!!!

Keep it up everyone what a great group we have.
We will suceed.
I am determination!!!
Love to all,
Pam

tornadoterr
10-25-2001, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

Well, I cant believe Imade it online 2 nights in a row.....:D

Girls are doing ok, my ex is extremely sad --he was very close to his mom....the funeral is tomorrow and I am going with my mom and dad....it was nice to see the rest of his family tho,, its been years since I have and they were very happy to see me and my family....

Lee---sending prayers your way..thinking of you...

Pam---- I know just from my experience that if I dont get enough sleep I cant seem to stay OP....My body seem to crave carbs more and then Im so tired that I just dont care what I eat and then I eat the junk and it makes me more tired.....I guess Im trying to say that I understand about lack of sleep in regards to weight loss.... hang in there.....

Dana---- GOOD FOR YOU GIRL:D , M & M's have always been a favorite of mine.....keep giving that candy away...the swoosh fairy will reward you...

Pat, Sue, ..----Hello, I enjoy reading your posts and your positive words for everyone..... Take care and I will talk to ya later....

nasus40
10-25-2001, 09:29 PM
Hi all i am here. i had a bit of problem last night getting back on the puter. but i am here. i did fine today till the kids wanted to eat out and it was not in me to fight it so we did. i was good till i let my self get to hungry then well it was not to bad. I am going to be great for the weekend i did not have to make cookies today so i was saved and i do not like the cake for sat so that is fine i am going to make about 100+++ meatballs and i will do just fine!!
the funny thing is i am not craving the sugar as much as the flour stuff. so maybe it is time for the chromuim again i have been a bit slack on that.

Terri i am so glad to hear from you. I am sorry for your loss and the kids.

Pam if i knew that you were taking a thermogenic you would have heard me yelling at you from NY!!! Not everybody can take them. I will say that i have on and off but i have not had problems with them and i will find that i stop if i drink too much coffee and stuff. so take it easy. and do not rush the weight loss stuff. start a thread and post your daily food intake all of it!!! and we can pick at it till we find your foods that are holding you back. some have problems with cheese and others nuts and some others there are many things that could possible hold you back on this. so please post and we can help. i will post my foods there too OK???

Lee you will efinatly be in my prayers. i am excited that you are writing!!! what kind of book?? I will think of you and hope all is going well so you know you have a whole troop of us behind you in whatever you do!!! hey where is the stapler??? LOL I will have to hold you to it!!! I know that i must do this and i try to remember it all the time i need to have legal snacks in the house and get some more pro bars!! they help!! I will say that i am seeing more definition in my arms and legs it is really exciting!!!

Pat whoooo hoooo on the smaller size coat. i know it is a pain but you deserve it. you have been working really hard to get there and you need to flaunt what you have done so far. grat going on the job you are worth it!!! i am glad that they offered you more $$$. you have done your time and hard time it was!!! LOL do you have goos sneakers??? go to the mall and get a pair of nike's or some thing that will withstand the opunding and then ask fr insoles, for extra protection, that will go a long way because the running is pounding up and down on the back and if you can get a very supportive sneaker it will go a long way for helping your back. they recomend not to run on cement it is the worst and the blacktop is better but best to run a a track as it is make of clay and will give you more spring. but as i do not havew that option i went to the lasy footlocker and tole them i wanted to start running and i wanted a sneaker to withstand the pounding of over 200 lbs on it. she gave me a pair of adaids and sai d that shuold do it (as i said i had shin slplints last time i started to run. ) i then told her that i did not want i think it should do it i wanted to know if it would do it. then she recomended a pair of insoles that were 20$ but as everytihng was on sale i did not pay that much more for the sneakers with the insles as i would have if i had gotten them at regular price i paid about 65 $$ total!!also look at your posture when you are running. are you upright or leaning??? let me know how it is going ok??? and great job i will say that i went 10 min today i walked the first 2 then ran 3 walked 1 then ran 4!!! I ran 4 min straight!@!!! OMG!!! i have never done that bofore!!

BOO WHERE ARE YOOOO

25_HOPEFUL
10-25-2001, 10:46 PM
HAPPY THURSDAY MY FRIENDS! And that means...tomorrow is WEIGH IN DAY! I will start the weigh in thread as soon as I post here! Make sure you post there tomorrow. I 38 gone so far and would love if Mr. Scale makes it 2 so I can have 40 off and put up my smilies! I hope everyone has success of some sort. Remember....if the scale does ot show it...sometimes success comes in inches...or just in how you are doing in general! Make share you share with us!
gbo......I am pulling for you girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers for a HAPPY & HEALTHY BODY to match your HAPPY & HEALTHY PERSONALITY! Try some camamil (spelling) tea before bedtime. It may help get you to lullaby land!

fralick...Congrats on smaller size coat! (You will look "marvy" darling!) My motto is, "Death to all those who have candy dishes on their desks!" LOL!!! My biggest challenge so far has been Sarris Candy CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS and LADY LOCKS in the staff lounge at work! I kept telling the others, "Eat these things!" Thank goodness they are gone! Ohhhhhhh noooooo Thanksgiving means PIE and then Christmas COOKIES! Repeat after me all:
I will be strong! I will be strong!
nasus.......I smile when I think of you running! (It means you are not riding on me in the pool or when I walk! LOL) No, seriously, running is sooo wonderful and something you should be extremely proud of! When I jog a bit on the track I smile with exhaustion......just knowing that I DID IT!!! I would get winded walking up 2 flights of steps carrying laundry not long ago.....and that does not happen now. It is a powerful feeling! Hope all is going well for you! Get some of that Diet Partner Tea with the chromium and think of meeeeeeee as you sip away!

tornadoteri....So sorry for your loss. I hope your children are old enough to have lots of memories of their gramma. When my mother-in-law passed away my sons were 11 and 8. We have worked hard to keep her memory alive for them over these past 10 years. We told them too that she was now their guardian angel. I am so happy to see you posting. Stay with us, babe! We are all gonna get to goal!

paula....I am sooo proud of you for how well you are doing on plan. I hope whatever is going on in your life that takes you away from our group for a bit is nothing serious. Please check in...even it is just a quick hello. I am concerned. You do not have to share details if it is of a personal nature....just let us know that you are alright.
Any other bus riders out there? Please post! We are a great group of girls determined to get to goal TOGETHER!
Catch you all tomorrow and see you on the weigh in thread! Woooo Hoooo!

1fralick
10-26-2001, 05:48 AM
Good Friday Morning to you all

Sue thank you for the great advice. If you could see the running shoes iwas using you would understand my back problem. I aslo need to be aware of my posture on all the machines as it reallt hurts whneI lean forward. I am supporting myslef as I get tired or winded. So alot of these things are compounding it. I have given myself my weekend break from w/o to recouporate. II will make up for it this weekend.

Pam Don't take those thermogenics. You are losing. I agree w/ SUe that you need to post your meals and we can see if we can make suggestions. As well w/ the sleep problems you are having will only get worse w/ thses products. I just read in the fitness mag that sometimes people slow there losing down because they don't adjust their cals as they lose. For example: At 240 I need X amount of cals to survive, at 210 I need less to survive. If I am consuming 1800 cals at 240 and the at 210 I will lose slower at 210 than at 240. Makes sence when you think of it. You are getting to goal just not as fast as you would like

Lee I am praying for you. Check in when you can I will miss your wisdom and "pull ups".

Dana- Thanks for you words of encouragemnt. You are the ultimate bus driver!!! Yes death to thise people ( who are usually skinny) who bring in candy!!! I know I am so worried about the holiday season!! And tonite I have to bake for DH. I don't want him to go empty handed when he goes away this wekend. I must be good. Maybe I'll choose peanut butter cookies I am allergic but it is risky for me to make them!! I will probabley worry all day about this. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Terri Take care, It sounds like you ghave got a good ex family relationship which certainly make sthings easier.

B00 how are you?

nasus40
10-26-2001, 09:27 PM
Pat i can imangine i had my shin slpintusing the shoes i had from kmart for 16$ and they were well worn!!! so i know and yo u hate to go and buy good shoes!!! they are so expensive but let me tell you it is definatly worth it!!! I will not go back now they are so comfortable i wear then all the time although i should get me a daily pair and save these for the gym but they are too comfortable!!! Do not make the PB cookies you do not want to risk an reaction to them!!!!

Lee we are thinking of you.

Boo i have you in my thoughts. how are you doing?? if you have fallen come back we can help you up!!! Dana has some great duct tape and she know how to use it!!!http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/director.gif

Melody come and join us in a bit of play!!!

Dana i need some tape!!! lots of it!!! send me a pict of a thin person that i am going to look like to keep me ontract!!! close the buss door. i have taken my chromium again and need to take it more regularly i will keep it in my pcket. i will say that i am done with KFC i had my last today atleast for a while i was gettin an upset stpmach today from it. so that is good to much carbs and grease at the same time. i love the chicken though!!! so with that out of my system i shold really be ripping and jumping on your back at the pool(it will be my cooldwown from the running!!)http://www.plauder-smilies.de/clown.gif

Terri still have you in my prayers. have a good weekend and take it easy!!

25_HOPEFUL
10-28-2001, 03:42 PM
HAPPY WEEKEND ALL!

A SUNNY BUT COLD SUNDAY HERE IN PITTSBURGH! WENT TO CHURCH, THEN OUT FOR BREAKFAST (YUM! YUM!) HUBBY IS PARKED ON THE COUCH IN FRONT OF FOOTBALL! WE HAVE A BANQUET TO GO TO LATER. OUR YOUNGEST IS RECEIVING A LOCAL SCHOLAR/ATHLETE AWARD, BUT IS UNABLE TO ATTEND DUE TO THE DISTANCE AND SCHEDULING OF COLLEGE. WE ARE GOING AND WILL RECEIVE IT ON HIS BEHALF. SPENT AN HOUR GOING THRU CLOTHES TO FIND SOMETHING TO WEAR....FUN, BUT NOT FUN. I HAVE GEIVEN AWAY EVERYTHING THAT WAS BIG....AND I HAVE LOTS THAT IS TOO SMALL....BUT FINDING THINGS THAT FIT RIGHT NOW IS A BIT OF A STRUGGLE. AT LEAST IN DRESSY CLOTHES. I HAVE SETTLED ON A PLAN STRAIGHT BLACK SKIRT AND A PRETTY OVERSIZED SAPHIRE DRESSY SWEATER. HUBBY GAVE IT THE OK......AND HE TELLS THE TRUTH! IT FEEL PRETTY IN IT...SO THAT IS A GOOD SIGN!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE WEIGHED IN! IT WAS ONE AGAIN FOR ME THIS WEEK. I REALIZE I SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR A ONE POUND LOSS....BUT I GET SOOOOOO DISCOURAGED WHEN I HAVE BEEN REALLY REEEEEALLY GOOD AND IT IS ONLY ONE! (IT SURES GOES ON FASTER THAN THAT WHEN YOU ARE BAD!!!) HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE AT LEAST ONE SO THAT I CAN HAVE MY FORTY TOTAL AND PUT UP MY LONG AWAITED SMILIES!

NASUS......I GUESS NO MATTER WHAT...WE ALL HAVE OUR DOWNFALLS! IT SEEMS TO BE KFC CHICKEN WITH YOU AND PEANUTS WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN EATTING THE SHELLED UNSALTED ONES. I DO NOT GO OVERBOAD WITH THEM...BUT I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM ALL TOGETHER. I HAVE NO EXPLANATION FOR IT. I AM SOOOOOO GOOD WITH EVERYTHING...AND BOOM, THOSE DARN NUTS! GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE RUNNING! I DREAM ABOUT RUNNING! I WOULD LOVE TO DO A MARATHON ONE DAY. RIGHT NOW I AM HAPPY WHEN I CAN JOG PART OF THE PARK TRAIL! SO PROUD OF YOU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LET US KNOW HOW THE NEW CAREER IS GOING!

FRALICK...THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS! (DEATH ALSO TO THOSE BRING IN DONUTS AND COOKIES!!) GOOD GOING ON SUCCESS AT THE WEIGH IN THREAD! WE ARE ALL GONNA GET THERE GIRL!

GBO...I FEEL FOR YOU THAT THE WEIGHT IS NOT COMING OFF FASTER! BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!! I ALSO UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION WITH THE ADDED MEDICAL CHALLENGES YOU MUST FACE. IT IS NOT FAIR! I DO NOT KNOW WHY SOME FOLKS FACE SUCH DIFFICULTIES IN LIFE. I SAW A PLAQUE RECENTLY THAT READ, "I KNOW GOD DOES NOT GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE.....BUT WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SO MUCH TRUST IN ME???" PLEASE CONTINUE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHAT FOODS WORK FOR YOU AND DO WHATEVER EXERCISE SUITS YOU. IT WILL COME OFF....IT WILL! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL OUTLOOK ON LIFE.......IT WILL WORK! HANG TOUGH! WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YA!!

TORNADOTERI........GET TO POSTING GIRLFRIEND! THE BUS IS ROLLING! (HOPE ALL IS GOIONG WELL WITH THE FAMILY.)

PAULA....I KNOW THAT WEIGHT IS COMING OFF........I JUST KNOW IT IS! TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE!

THE REST OF YOU BUS RIDERS NEED TO LET US HEAR FROM YOU! WHERE ARE YOU??? PLENTY OF SEATS AND PLENTY OF FRIENDSHIP/INSPIRATION/SHARING AND CARING TO GO AROUND HERE!

MY BEST TO ALL!
DANA ......ALWAYS HOPEFUL! :lol:

1fralick
10-29-2001, 04:46 AM
Well Here we are beginning another work week. I have been nursing my back x 4days now. I plan to slowky resume my w/o's today. Walking, not running and willskip the gym to access how I am in the morning. I think I also need to look at some stretching while w/o. I am not liking the not w/o. It makes me very nervous. I am so fearful of losing ground. I think that I did several things to aggravte my back last week. I am 39 not 19 LOL. WOE did well over the weekend. Got all my water in too!! The back kept me sidelined so I didn't feel like i accomplished anything HUGE SIGH!!

Pam, You are doing fine in the weight loss thing, I read somewhere that you had lost 11# a week in the past. WHile that is great in teh shoprt term teh body doesn't like it. You will make yourt goal this week!! We all want to be thin NOW!! But that isn't raelistic and worrying about it can trigger negative thoughts! Have you figured out the tape measure thing yet? That always helps my frustartion when th e scale isn't moving fast enough!

Dana, Have you reworked your calorie intake? since losing almost 40#. I just read somewhere that as we lose and consume the same amount of cals our losses will slow down. You are doing awesome!! Have you measured ? You will be at the 40# mark this Friday

Sue how was teh party?

Lee I see you are an early bird too this morning

Terri and B00 how are you ?

Well I am off

paula1254
10-29-2001, 06:50 AM
I copied this over from the weigh in since it seems that you all have missed it:

I've stayed the same...no loss but no gain.

Pam: Another pound gone!!! Before iI know it, you're going to pass me on this program. If I were you, I'd drop the pecans and add green veggies. You need some healthy carbs in your program. I think that this will help you to drop the weight better. 1 cup of greens turnip greens has very few carbs in it, and it's healthy for you. Even adding bacon won't hurt (for the greens). BUT...you need your green vegetables!!! You can even have a salad with vinegar and oil (remember that onions have carbs too). Hang in there, my friend. I'm battling too with this yo-yo. Mine is from having a tremendous loss of appetite, and I am having to force myself to remember to eat.

Sue: A half pound is great. I know that you can pull it together...you're smarter than the average girl. If I were you, I'd do 2 weeks on the Atkins induction to give myself a kick start. You did so much better when you were having MUCH less carbs. Hang in there, babe...I'm pulling for you. By the way, your crackers are major triggers for carb cravings.

Dana: You're the champ as usual...1 pound is good. Imagine what a 1 pound bag of sugar looks like. You're doing well my friend. By the way, I did like your limerick.

Pat: Another mile marker for you going from the 40's into the 30's...YAHOO!!! We don't look any different between 39 and 40, but what an attitude change that it makes. I know how delighted I was when I went from 200 to 199.

Melody: Welcome to our little group. If you're looking for support, you've truly come to the right place. You will find lots of strength and determination here. Just hang on for this ride to rid yourself of your "fat suit".

Good job everyone!!!

I'm doing better emotionally. I was pretty mad at the world (I had to find something for my anger). I had a battle with my favorite son las week, and it felt like the world had come to an end. I've managed to work things out in my mind.

He is getting married next month to a person that is most undesirable in everyone's eyes (other than his, of course). Because I do not approve of his marrying her, I had considered not going to the wedding; however, I have reconsidered my position on that. I will be going...if only to prevent him from coming back to me and saying later that I didn't attend his wedding (I'll be there for the divorce too!!!).

My youngest son and I had a discussion about the wedding and he's not happy either, but we will attend together. I'm still angry, my youngest is angry, but life is too short to waste any more of my emotional energy on this problem. Life does go on, and what will be will be.

Lee

nasus40
10-29-2001, 12:35 PM
I will be hones with all of you I have had my carb fest!!! i had my crackers, macaroni, icecream and cake i had it all. and boy do i feel yucky!!! i had so much that i was ill!!! but my mind needed that, and now i am over it. i am ready to get on!!! i have a half eaten cake with home made frosting lookingat me and calling me but i am stronger for it!!! i am looking it in the eye and saying i do not want you and i do not need you!

not only that but when i went to the gym i ran for a total of 17 out of 31 min! walk/ run run for 3-4 min then walk for 2with a cool down and worm u[p!!! i feel great!!!

I do have a carb headach but that will be gone soon!!! just need to get more water in. I alos have to drin the water to get rid of the fluid gain from the carb load. so i will be swimming today!!! well floating!!!

pat how is the back? did youget some good shoes???I was hearing some thing about carthridge the ohter day and i was thinking of you!!! take your ibuprofen and that will help you get better soner!!

Lee well so loss is no gain!!! I am going back to induction (although i do PP it is generally the same) tht is the only way that i can do good. although if i do my carb fest when i have my horrible cravings it does help to get it over with. this time i knew it was comming and i could not stay OP before hand so i am han=ving the upper hand now. i must do this so i can get things off the ground. i can not be a diet councler if i can not get my act tog hether!!!But that is one thing that i have different than any of the others i know where they are comming from. but i also know how to get around it!!i just have to implement it!!! thanks for the workd of wisdom!!!

Meloday how are you doing??? i just wanted to let you know that i may just join in your running club. i tried tostart one in the 100' lb club but that did not go over to well!! and i really want to run it is some thin i have never done in my entire life! it is a challenge for me!!

Dana the 1 lb is a great success! it is going the right way if you were not following the diet then you would be gaining the weight. but remember that you are exercisisng and the more you do the more muscle you are building!!! i have lost very little for the last few months but have gone from a size 18 to a tight 14 (although one pair fits great!!!) remember that the muscle weigh 5 times more than fat and if you are gaining muscle you are increasing your metabolism and losing fat and toning your sklin as well. it is important to do that. so you may not see the scale move for a while very much and if you really start to weight lift e=then you may even see a gain like i did but it is because you are building the muscle and losing fat but the muscle is building faster than the fat is going but that is good, because soon the process will reverse then you will be dropping fat faster than you are building muslce!!! so it is good do not let the scale control how your progress is doing when ou are starting to esercise let the size show you your progress!!! let the pants that are getting looser show you let the fat that is feeling mushier show you, let the fat that seems to be seperating from your muscle (it really is a fat suit) show you. mine feels like i can cut it off with aknife my muscles have gotten so lean and tight! but i still have a huige padding that is getting really mushy as the cells are starting to really shrink!!!

Pam danas note is for you too do not let the small weight loss show you and depress you if you are gaining muscle then you will not show a drop in weight just use the clothes as your measure now the scale can give you an idea but it will not show the true fat loss and muscle gain!!

gbo
10-29-2001, 02:08 PM
My fellow weight warriors.....I am fine. Still agravated to the max but that has no bearing on my diet other than I wish it went a bit more smoothly. OK.....a lot more smoothly!

Until then I have put on clothes that fit perfectly and haven't been touched in 5 years so it is going well in someway.

Sunday
three stalks celery and cream cheese
hamburgers no bread -two
5 pecan- my last for awhile though we are getting alot from the trees right now.
I use a lot of onions on everything and Lee say's to back off them so while I don my black robes and sob I will do this.
100 oz sparkling water.
1 soda cream diet
1 large cup of coffee
1 small can tuna with mayonnaise , onions and mustard on lettuce leaves.

I am going to add more seroius green to my diet come pay day.
It's been so quiet here lately. What's up Warriors!!!!
Love ,
Pam

25_HOPEFUL
10-29-2001, 07:34 PM
Hello Friends!

I read everyone's posts and you have all given me lots to think about!

First of all.......Do you think one reason we share the same frustration about "not losing fast enough" is because in the past (when we were YOUNGER) we lost it faster because we did alot of STUPID diets? I know I did. Sure, it came off faster...but it also came ON faster! So, I guess this way is BEST...even if it is hard to accept! Also, I am 43 now. "They" say it gets harder to lose as you get older.....I guess THEY are right. So, if any young people are reading this out there.......don't gain weight in the FIRST place...or lose it NOW......cause the fat starts to like you pretty much...and it is hard to get rid of later on. Hmmmmmm. gbo...what do you think, babe??

THEN.......What fralick said about having smaller portions once you lose a substantial amount. I had a "lightbulb moment" there! I have been eating the SAME food now as I did 39 pounds ago. Now, here is a sample day. Do you think at 223 (5'9") I should change anything?

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (done in the microwave without butter etc.) I eat them with pepper and a little Heinz ketchup...a PITTSBURGH THING!!! decaf coffee

Lunch: a serving of protein (example: can of tuna, hamburger without bun, plain chicken breast) and a small salad (2 cups) made mostly of lettuce with a little bit of, cukes, slice ot tomatoe and some mayonaise.

Dinner: more protein such as lunch and some veggies.

Snack: a slice or 2 of cheese and on bad days some &@#^ peanuts.

Any suggestions as to what I might need to change???

I also get in as much water as possible.

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNND...something nasus said made a few bells go off in my head too!!! As we exercise we do GAIN muscle and THAT weighs more! I seriously had NOT thought of that! It is true....I have read it all over the place......and I know that in the long run it is better for you and your body burns fat better with more muscle mass....but it did not register until nasus said it! I suppose we just put SOOOOOOOOOO much emphasis on the scale and those ALMIGHTY NUMBERS that we ignore other factors! I promise not to take any information for granted. As I have sadi before ....there ARE different ways of measuring success......we just need to acknowledge them as well and stop beating ourselves up over the NUMBERS!

Hey.......we STILL need those numbers to be accountable and to HELP measure out success....but we need to put more emphasis on other things, too!

Ok.....I made my point LOL!!!

My best to you all! Have a great week!

Dana (ALLLLLLWAYS HOPEFUL!!!)

butterfly00
10-29-2001, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been here. I had to go to Seattle for 2 day's, brother moved in, been working long hours. I'm doing absolutely HORRIBLE on program. I'm just so upset. I started back today and actually made it. It's extremely hard with my brother here. I've gained it all back in a stink'in week. My clothes don't fit now. BUT I knew if I checked back in I'd feel better. I have to leave now but will check in tomorrow.

nasus40
10-29-2001, 10:12 PM
BOO do not crush your self. you have gained water so being OP for a few days and drink tons of water it will flow right out. hang in there. take it one meal at a time. you can and will do it!!!! just tell your brother to chill out you hae to eat OP!! :lol:
so all hang on one day down!!! tomorow is a new day and we all will be better for it!!!

1fralick
10-30-2001, 05:16 AM
Good Morning ALL,
How are you doing?

I am doing OK. AM stressed ( in the background of my mind) about the new job. That limbo stress of wrapping one thing up and getting to the next step. All the unknowns. STill OP thank goodness. Am back exercising too. STarted slowly yesterday walking on the treadmil x 30 mins did more stretching and seem OK this morning.

Sue I had good sneaks but kept them in my gym bag and used old ones for here. :( . Realized I also did a bunch of things in the same week and overloaded the back. The back is better will give myself another week because I am fully back in the saddle. I hate carb fests!! It;'s almost like drinking, you feel good for a minute then have to deal w/ teh hangover. :dizzy: ANd you always know what the outcome is going to be but you do it anyway and then you have the added guilt stuff. WHY OH WHY OH WHY. But you sound like your back on track!! Iam so glad you are able to post again.

Pam, I am sending you a big HUG!!! Come out of that dark place you are in and stand in the light!! Can you feel the warmth? doesn't it feel good? You really are doing welll!!! It just takes so much time. ANd you know that is OK . Because we are all with you
It will be OK ANd we are a;ll together and We will dio this!!!

Dana , I want To tell you how much I respect your commitment and determination. I read your diet/ menu and know that you have'nt cheated. It sounds good I guess my suggestion would be to do some measureing and check your portion size and maybe shake things up a bit. Your body mught have gotten used to your calorie amount and are you taking a multivite?

B00 I am so glad to see you. I hate when a little bit of change trhrows you off plan. Get the water going to flush yourself and you willl feel better.

Lee how are you doing? I saw your dream post > Cooll stuff. You have been doing awesome weight loss wise!!

Terri Hello

Melody Come on and post here we need a new chatter!!!

You all have a great day

tornadoterr
10-30-2001, 10:24 AM
HELLO everyone,

Just popping in to say Hi, Im still here..... I almost hate coming here because it seems like everytime I do Ihave something depressing to say.... My old boyfriend from high school is here in town, he lives in Texas, because his brother committed suicide ...HOW AWFUL.... I found out Sun night and funeral was MOn morning and I had to work so I couldnt go....but I have talked to him and he wants to see me while he is here... We have kept in contact about the last 5 years, calling each other once in a while just to say Hi, How are ya???,. Now, I know this is gonna prob sound shallow, but I really dont want him to see me at this weight....He still pictures me slimmer and this is really bothering me....I know, due to the death of his brother that I should just be thinking of that and how wonderful it would be to see him again ( I havent seen him in 20 yrs), but I honestly feel embarrassed about my weight, so much so that I dont know if Im gonna see him......I dont mean to sound so shallow but this is tearing me up and I just dont know what to do!!!!!!

anyway, I promise to be more positive and hopefull not have any more depressing things to discuss.....Im learning, that by all these funerals I have attended lately, that Life is just too short and I need to get on with it.....

Hope everyone has a great day.....I will check in later...Take Care

25_HOPEFUL
10-30-2001, 06:21 PM
Hello All!

Just got back from walking. It gets dark sooo early now that it makes getting all I need to do difficult! I want to walk when I can and save the swimming for when it is too cold/dark out to walk! Oh well...as long as I move my BUTT!

tornadoteri.........glad to see you posting! Get control of your eatting plan and start moving your butt and things will fall into place. About the old boyfriend thing....(my advice---do what you want)....I say see him if YOU WANT TO and if he want to see you. FORGET about the extra weight! Chances are HE has changed too! One of my old boyfriends now has SNOW WHITE HAIR...but he still has the most sparkling blue eyes! That is what I notice when I see him! Also, another boyfriend changed sooooooo much (fat, thinning hair) that I did not recognize him! But after talking a few minutes...it was the 18 year old I remembered! Listen, we are adults now. Your weight is just one part of you. It has kept us PRISONERS! We are prisoners in our own bodies! You said it best...life is too short. If you want to see him, put on your best SELF and do it! If you do not want to see him......send a nice card or call to chat. You have to do what is best for you!

fralick....I take a vitamin (when I remember). I think I may try less red meat and more chicken and fish. I have cut down on cheese and need to do away with peanuts all together! I get on a kick and will eat them 4 days a week. They help with potty trips if you know what I mean! But...they are not the best thing to be eatting. I get such great advice, encouragment and support here that it just blows me away!

nasus......hope all is going well for you! (Were you cold today when we walked???)

butterfly........take it one HOUR at a time if you have to ...but get on plan! Once you got 2 days or so you will feel like a new woman! Drink as much water as you can and READY, SET, GOOOOOO!

paula....I need to come up with a new poem or limerick for Friday. If I hit the 40 total off you will hear me yell from Pittsburgh!!! Thanks for the kind words! You are the one on plan "special gal." (Ohhhhhhh, Mr. Scale....)

gbo...Yep.......add some "greens" I buy fresh green beans and eat them like candy! (Sad, huh??? LOL) They will be a wonderful addition to your food program! It looks like you are eatting healthy.....you just need more veggie carbs! I know how frustrating it is! I would like to take a knife and CUT this fat from my body. It will come off! We will all get to goal together!

Well....I gotta run and get dinner! (Chicken breasts!!!!!!)

Take care ALL!
Dana (Hopeful to the MAX!!)

nasus40
10-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Hi all. I am doing well today. I made a meat that was so tough it was unedable so i tired to cut it into thin slices and it still was bad i cooked it to death till it fell apart, and funny thing was it tasted dry!! evel smothered in juice!! I do not understand it!!

but i ran today 18 out of 30! then i did the elliptical for 13 i did a total of 500 cals the did my w/o with my cabana boy!!!
i stayed away from the choc chip cookies and the brownies that i made yesterday. the kids ate it alland so did the men!!!

Terri do not worry about comming here with sad news, it is important to let it off your chest, and we are here for that. As far as seeing him, well like dana said we all have changed. he wants to see you not your body, but do what you feel is going to make you the most comfortable. can you live with the fact if he was here and you did not see him, can you live with the fact that you let yourself out of onw more thing because of your fat suit? those are the things that you need to think about before you make your decision. Good luck (can you tell which way i am thinking?) Go do it girlfriend do not waste this chance!!!

BOO you can do it one day at a time. slow and steady will get you there!! hang on!!! how did you do today?

Dana could you walk faster next time it was a bit to cold today!!! :lol: hey you are going to have to wear a warmer jacket i like to be warm!!!

Pat i know the feeling of the pigout! and believe me that is why i just gave in and piged out, now i am better and ready to take on the world. I am woman watch me roar!!! :lol:

Lee, I am thinking of you and how wonderful you are. pop in when you can.

Melody checking in to see how you are doing!!

1fralick
10-31-2001, 04:32 AM
I am off to start the new thread