Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Feb 5/07

Good morning. What a weekend! My group sang at a symphony luncheon which was delightful. Of course, I had to eat the chocolate lava cake (to die for). That started off my whole terrible eating weekend. Then I went to Disney and stayed at one of the resorts to attend a seminar. Again, ate too much. Then on Sunday was Super Bowl. Yes, ate too much and drank chocolate and pomegranate martinis (separate, not mixed). I did not bother to get on the scale because I can see the "muffin tops" without that!

It's a new week and I'm going to get back to being OP.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, I rooted for the Colts and I'm glad that they won. I think Tony Dungy is a class act. The game was not too exciting, but it was all right. The commercials were very disappointing.

It's chilly here today; it will probably stay in the 50's. It's drizzly, too. We had horrible tornadoes NW of me. 20 people died. It's so sad to see. The storms were terrible--estimated 165 mph winds.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  

Hi Lisa. Terrible news about the Florida storms. Glad to see that you're safe.

I did not eat well on the weekend either but my weight is down today because (1) I got on the treadmill yesterday after a week of inactivity and (2) had some sort of stomach bug last nite - bad diarrhea. Not exactly what I'd recommend for weight maintenance/loss but at this point I'll take it!

Booked a session with a personal trainer for later on today. Am tired of wasting my gym membership by using only the treadmill.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #3  

Susan, Well, congrats on the weight loss, but you're right, I wouldn't recommend that as a weight loss technique. A personal trainer may do you some good. My GF has one and she swears by her. Her trainer makes her work hard and even provides her nutritional data.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Back from San Diego today. I worked on the plane on the way back and am going home early for an appointment.

I basically did nothing all weekend. I didn't eat too badly, but didn't move. I am planning on hitting TJs to pick up some supplies, but DP has some folks coming over to work on a light plot for a thing they are doing, so Ernest and I will go for a long walk somehwere.

Its nice and light until 5:15 these days. Yipeee.

Lisa, glad to hear you are okay. I was worried.

Susan - ick on the stomach issues. Yeah on the trainer, you won't be sorry.

Off to request some books from the library and email DP to see what her plan for the rest of the day is.

Hi to everyone else who I hope to god are staying warm.

lala
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #5  

It's fricking freezing here this morning. I have given up the thought of running outside until the spring...maybe later

Session with the trainer was excellent; I am pumped (so to speak) about weight training once again. My arms will likely be ready to fall off my the end of the day, but it will be a good kind of pain.

I don't know what's up with me and nite eating. I have developed some bad habits, methinks. It's time to get tough or this weight is never going to come off.

There, my rant for the day. How are you??

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

Susan, Glad you liked your trainer. Toning up those muscles is a good thing. Also, weight-bearing exercises are so important for folks our age. ; )

lala, Thanks for worrying about me. The photos from the Central Florida are very bad. Any books you would recommend? I have never read the Harry Potter books and my GF is astounded that I haven't, so she is giving me the first one today. The jury's out...

How is everyone else doing.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #7  

Hi ladies,

Brrrrr it's cold outside, I wish this cold snap would end and the temps would climb just a little bit. This morning it was only 3 degrees when I left for work. Yesterday's wind chill brought it down to the negative numbers, at least today it's not as windy. I'm so ready for spring. We had a really quiet weekend. Sunday it was so cold we never left the house. I worked on our taxes most of the day and spent the evening watching the Super Bowl. I thought the game was excellent and I'm a Prince fan so I really enjoyed the halftime show. I couldn't believe how awful the weather was, that rain just never stopped. DH and I were reminiscing about when we were in that stadium a year ago watching a Dolphins/Patriots game. We had a great time..we both really like the Miami area.

Lisa I'm so glad the storms didn't effect you, I knew you were traveling and was hoping you were safe and sound. I so agree Tony Dungy is very classy. Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun. How could you resist Chocolate lava cake or chocolate martinis or anything chocolate for that matter! I did Ok with my superbowl eating. I made shrimp cocktails, some nachos with salsa and a lasagne dip. The scale looked pretty good on Monday let's hope it stays that way for tomorrows weigh in.

Susan hope your feeling better, your right that's not a good way to lose weight. It's cold here too and impossible to do any walking outside. I'm really sick of the treadmill and indoor track. My nightime eating is getting better because it's been so cold lately that when I finally get home I put on my pj's and watch Tv in bed and I won't eat food in bed.

Lala every once in awhile it's good to have a weekend where you do nothing.

Well ladies off to get some lunch. Hi Melissa and Karynlee.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Brrrrrrrr for all of you affected by the cold weather. Icky. I thought our 28 degrees was bad. Never mind.

Lisa - Harry Potter books are good. I have only read the first three. I think I shall reread them before I read the rest. I just finished John Banville's The Sea for our bookclub which I liked, but not that much. I'm starting a book by Gish Jen called mona and the promised land about the whole immigrant experience. I'm also reading lots of really bad mystery stuff that is just fluff - joanne pence for one. Quick plane reads.

I am in the middle of figuring out how to archive the beginnings of the Iranian American Experience in Seattle. My family was one of several founding families to settle here in the 60's. I know that big cities (SF and LA) are doing the same things, but it seems that many of these groups are focusing on post-revolutionary immigration and I'm interested in pre-revolution experience, so I'm trying to read a bit about the writings of immigrants to the US. Interesting stuff.

Pam - I love shrimp cocktails. Mucho yum. Please post lasagne dip recipe, sounds interesting.

Susan - My trainer left, I need to either find a new one or just try and do weights on my own.

Hi Melissa and Karynlee - stop by and say hi - like I'm one to talk.

Off to make some tea and eat my one swoony chocolate today.

I'm going to paris in 17 days. Yoikes.

lala
Old 02-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #9  

Pam, Brrr is right--how awful! I would have stayed inside, too. You were so good over the weekend and at Super Bowl. Yes, ditto what lala wrote--post the lasagne dip recipe.

lala, Paris? I've never been there, but I hear it's very nice. Is it business or pleasure? Thanks for the book recs. I love Janet Evanovich and I'm waiting for her next one about Stephanie Plum. I sometimes read fluff ones, too. How interesting re: the Iranian-American experience. Will this be an official museum or something? Is it difficult to find information?

Hello to Melissa, Karynlee, and other lurkers.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #10  
si, si signora

No information yet. Just hoping that I can get some families to do some oral histories. Its my wild hair.

We're going to Paris for my birthday weekend. Silly yes, but since I have cut my travel to basically nothing (comparatively), it should be fun. We have three full days (Sat-Mon) and then we have the late chicago flight on Tuesday, so we'll get to run around a little more.

Paris is a day trip from London.

I do it all the time. Okay, its basically to go to lunch and buy chocolate, but you can do it.

lala
Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Greetings from the frigid NE! It's a cool 9 degrees with wind chills -15 to -20. The sun has poked through giving you a false sense of warmth. It's so cold that the salt is not working on the roads and most of the streets are icy. If you have to travel on any road that has any sort of hill/grade you might as well forget about getting to where you want to go because you can't get traction! We had more snow last night--about 6" worth and so I was outside shoveling this morning before coming into work.

We had our Employee Wellness Fair today so it's been crazy.

My eating hasn't been the best (PMS) and I haven't been able to get to the gym to walk (Thurs/Tues) so I feel a bit off. I did get a lot of walking on Saturday with the raffle--over 17,000 steps from 1-10 pm so that's really good. I still have some aches in places I forgot about

Lisa: My aunt lives about a mile from where the tornados touched down; luckily they weren't affected by it. I'm wondering though about the tearoom that my GF and I frequent in DeLand.

I'll catch up more tomorrow. Stay warm!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #12  

It's Wednesday and it's challenge weigh-in day. I'm up 2 pounds!! It's all my fault. As I shared earlier, my weekend was horrible. I even had a stomach ache from eating too much on Saturday. Just deplorable behavior. Well, I'm back OP (Monday and Tuesday), so I took some steps backward, but I'm going forward again--new day, new start, right?

Now that I've given myself a little pep talk, how are the rest of you doing?

I can't believe what cold weather Melissa, Susan, and Pam are having. Brrr.

Melissa, what is the name of the tea room and perhaps I can check on it. I'm glad your aunt is all right. I don't know if you saw any of the photos, but it's devastation. The difference with tornadoes is that it was a rather narrow path. The hurricanes cause widespread damage and with tornadoes, there will be two destroyed homes and a whole street next to them of undisturbed homes.

lala, How great that you're going to Paree for your birthday! I know it's close to London, but I'm on a tour, so...Actually, we were supposed to spend a few days in Paris, but several of the travelers nixed the idea because of the unrest caused by radical Islamists. Oy, the world we live in.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #13  

Stopping by to say hi! I've been able to keep up with reading just not posting. I'm having in-law issues again - the good kind this time. My hubby's brother and family moved to our small town yesterday (from SoCal) and they're staying with us until their moving truck arrives (on Friday, with some luck). So, I haven't had the privacy I normally have - anxious to get that back.

Lisa, I'm feelin' your pain. I'm up this week, too. Ate huge on Saturday AND Sunday and I'm paying for it. A bit frustrated with myself.

Can't complain about any cold temps here. We've been reaching the 50s the last few days - freakishly warm for this time of year. It feels like Spring!
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #14  

Hi ladies,

Down 1/4 lb, small but I'll still take it. I'll be back with more later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #15  

Karynlee, OK, let's shape up!! Glad to hear you're having good weather.

Pam, I would take ANY loss, too.

I forgot to tell all of you. Remember my insurance tale of woe? Well, my insurance agent found me another policy that is about $3800 instead of my old one of $7400. I'm much happier today.