Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 2/04/07-2/10/07

miafluker
02-05-2007, 07:39 AM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?
A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!

miafluker
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
hi guys TMO is finally over i havent worked out since thurday i already missed my am workout because i overslept so i have to do it when i get off
i even put on 3lbs! just on tmo but i know its my fault. Well here i go again starting all over this week

everyone where are you at?

sumisan
02-05-2007, 09:57 AM
hi everyone :) tomorrow I go in to the hospital for what they call surgery but really its more of a procedure, it is out patient and everything, but I do go under for the first time. I am having an Endometrial Ablation done for my supposed heavy periods, that they think are causing my anemia. I don't see how they could have since they have been this heavy since I was 13 but I am done with my childbearing an dont mind the thought of having super light periods :) So I said 'bring it on' LOL I am such a baby though that I am freaking out. I wont even be awake but it just makes me sick thinking about it! Anyway it isnt a real big deal I should be back on my feet in no time. Anyway I am having the novasure kind done which will basically give the lining a 3rd degree burn.

I am all bummed out as well that I have hit my not so unexpected stall. I dont get it, no matter what I do my body just WONT let me see 179. I went down to 181 then back up! It is like this invisible brick wall. I feel like chopping off an arm just to get through LOL ok not really. I have made sure to keep my calorie count above 1200 and I even weigh the darn food to the gram. Maybe I will see a woosh soon but I dont know how this procedure is going to effect my weight either, I expect that I will retain water afterward, and they may not recommend staying on low calorie while I heal.

I am very tempted to go very very low calorie just to see that block broken, but I know it may do more harm than good :( So I guess I will stick it out. I just dont get it though, I mean at my weight I should definitely be seeing something moving on the scale at 1200 right? But its always been like this, I am very very very good at keeping my weight at a certain weight without trying, but I have never been able to lose, when I was a teen the only way I lost was by taking acutrim and eating dry light toast for breakfast, a light bread sandwich for lunch (with mustard and thin deli slices only), and then soup for dinner. AND walking to school, from school, and to work. (about 8+ miles a day). And I know that wasnt healthy and I dont want to do it again.

Anyway I am sure it will all work out once I get back on track :)

Hope you all are doing well!! Keep it up you guys, your my inspiration!!!

--Sumi

dollypie
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Well I finally got a haircut this weekend. That is something I just put off and off. So I finally decided enough was enough and went with some friends over the weekend and made and afternoon of it. It was great girltime and then we had a late lunch. It was Mexican food and I didn't splurge, way to go me! Now the superbowl snacks I won't get into! I hope everyone has a great day!

Sumi, I have been undertwice and let me say when I woke up, it felt like I had the best sleep in my life. So if you feel the same good for you! That is great you will have a fast recovery. It is not fun to be hampered by a slow recovery not being able to be active.

Mia, we all have our ups and downs. Just remember to stay the course and you will meet your goals!

martiniforme
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Sorry I've been MIA.
A little over a week ago I hurt my neck, and was laid up, and as it was starting to come back around, I started getting this awful toothache. I spend most of my time trying to sleep through the pain. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and kicking, and although I didn't check in for a while, I'm still sticking to my diet.

ttyl.

stopeating
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear about all of the surgeries and illnesses! I hope all of you feel better soon.:hug:

The kids didn't have school today, the whole west state is snowed in.

I started my first day of work. I put in a 12 hour day and I'm working at home right now. I really enjoyed it. They baked me cakes and had bagels though. I ended up eating a bagel for supper, but really not to bad over all. I'm so tired and I'm going to bed. Take care.

miafluker
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
martiniforme i was wondering where you were at glad to hear you are okay

dollypie thanks i needed to hear that

sumi i hope your procedure goes okay
have a great night guys

SD Gal
02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi girls!! :comp:

I ate like garbage all weekend. :nono: Yes I did!! :yes: Am I back on track today? You bet your broccoli I am! LOL I know, it was bad.. and I haven't gotten on the scale and don't plan to this week. *gasp!* I'm going to wait until my WI next Tuesday. I have no doubt I've gained two or three pounds back and I'm just too afraid to see it back on the scale. How awful! lol :p

I just got back from my two mile walk and my honey called me to tell me he's on his way home and we can go for our together walk when he gets home from work.. :rolleyes: Well.. there's another three miles, :running: so, that will look fabulous tomorrow!!! :)

Sumi, sorry to hear about your surgery :(

Dollypie, funny! I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday.. I'm nervous but I'll post a new picture :)

Martini, sorry to hear about your neck.. don't strain it excersizing. Take it easy :)

Miafluker, honey you and me sound like we're sitting in the same boat. lol. I feel the same way though.. those cravings got to me and I just HAD to have In-n-Out burgers & fries :cbg:!! Bad me!! But back on track today ;)

Oh Stopeating, I WISH WISH WISH I could work at home. I'm jealous.

I've decided to go for my medical coding certification in May.. so, studying now. Its horribly boring but if I can get my certification I can get contracted jobs that pay a lot more than what I am being paid!!

Sorry I haven't been around.. I've missed you guys though!! I hope you all had a super weekend. :val1:

FIT2BABRIDE
02-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi all,

SD Gal minor setback, but you're still charging forward that's all that matters.

Sumi-good luck w/ your procedure, I'm sure all will go well.

i too had more than my fair share of eats and bad ones this weekend, my excuse was the super bowl of course. i was an idiot and stepped on the scale to my suprise all was the same, go figure. anyway, i usually exercize in the am but i have a 7:30 meeting tues and wed, so i'll be on my elliptical at 4:15 am, pls wish me luck.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/sliderbug/lb/188/125/186/.png

Canuk4
02-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Well ladies, it seems, there is good and bad going on. Sumi good luck, I am sure all will go well and you will be back on your feet in know time.

To all who did not do so well over the weekend, I joined the club today. When I get stressed out really bad, is when I do this. Oh well we will be back on track tomorrow.

Stopeating, glad your day went well, but 12 hrs. and still working, seems a bit much, for the first day. Try and pace yourself. And get some sleep.

Martiniforme, sorry you are not feeling well, rest and get better fast.

Girls, talking about haircuts, I justed asked my daughter tonight to get me an appt. with her hairdresser. Must be something in the air.

Fit2, welcome back, missed you when you were gone.

It seems there are a few new and old friends not visiting us too much. We miss them too.

Jasmine, remember were here for you when ever you feel up to chatting. Thinking and praying for you.

Calories were not bad today, only not the right type of foods. No exercise, sinus headache stopped me from going to Aquafit.

My daughter was by tonight, I asked her about wedding arrangements, she said they still may get married down south and my husband and I, can stay at another resort and they will come and get us for the day of the wedding, then return us to our motel. (Fat Chance, you think I was going to stalk her or something). Or they may get married here. Her childhood friend is going to be her Maid of Honour, this girl cannot hold her drinks, let alone talk without almost shouting. My husband and I are already strapped for money and the trip would put us further in debt, the way she is talking at this point, only makes us think, we will stay here at home, they can take pictures. Imagine saying we can stay elsewhere and come for the day. If that is how she feels, we don't need to be there at all. I am furious, can you tell. I have always respected there privacy, I have been to there home once, when invited and that is in 8 months. Mainly call her at work, only if something important, rarely at home, unless to let her in on something.

I think she is mad that I am having my Dad's party the day before her 30th birthday and not having one for her. Little does she know her fiance~ and I are planning hers Feb. 24th. I don't feel much like planning much for her now. I can't believe how kids can still hurt you so bad, even at this age.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

stopeating
02-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Good morning! Well 2nd day that school is closed because of weather. Our schools never closed because we are use to living with it, but it's pretty bad. This morning is 3 degrees and windshield is way in the negatives.

So funny everyone is talking about haircuts. I've been looking online for a different style and I am so ready to do something. My son has a b-ball tournament this weekend, but I was thinking of making an appointment for the following weekend. We'll see.:dizzy:

Fit2beabride - Good luck. Get home and step on the elliptical. Don't get distracted!;)

SDGal - You have been doing GREAT on your diet! I read about your long walks and healthy eating. You have made a lifestyle change and part of it or those *oh my gosh* weekends.:)

Sumisan - Good luck with surgery!:hug:

Sharon - I always try to think of positive things to say about any situation, but what your daughter is saying and doing just isn't right. If I were in your situation, I would not want to participate either. Okay on a positive note, maybe she will feel like a jacka** when you throw her a surprise party and will have an attitude adjustment!:hug: Hope I wasn't to blunt.:o

SD Gal
02-06-2007, 10:42 AM
IIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOSTTT HALF A POOOUND! Yessssssss! :carrot: I decided last night that it was cheating if I didn't WI on my WI day.. so.. I did, this morning.. And.. I lost half a pound. I'm so excited!! YAY!!

Ok, I'm good, this is nice. I should be down more, but you know, I think I'll just take that half pound and run with it! lol ;)

I walked two miles after work when I got home and then another three with my hubby, I also did crunches. So, I definitely got my excersize in. :D

Have a super day!!! :wave:

Jasmine31
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Mia:

Don't feel bad I think I have put on about 5 pounds recently! :( I am very sad but I refuse to let this make me stop. I am getting back on it today!!

sumisan:

Aww honey! I just said a prayer for you!!!

I am very tempted to go very very low calorie just to see that block broken, but I know it may do more harm than good

Do NOT do that! switch to healthy eating and exercise and let your body decide what comes off!! You can also do strength training and aerobics.

dollypie:

Good morning everyone! Well I finally got a haircut this weekend. That is something I just put off and off. So I finally decided enough was enough and went with some friends over the weekend and made and afternoon of it. It was great girltime and then we had a late lunch. It was Mexican food and I didn't splurge, way to go me! Now the superbowl snacks I won't get into! I hope everyone has a great day!

I bet it looks cute! WTG on not splurging!

martiniforme:

Sorry I've been MIA.
A little over a week ago I hurt my neck, and was laid up, and as it was starting to come back around, I started getting this awful toothache. I spend most of my time trying to sleep through the pain. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and kicking, and although I didn't check in for a while, I'm still sticking to my diet.

Miss ya and hope you get better soon!!

stopeating:

I started my first day of work. I put in a 12 hour day and I'm working at home right now. I really enjoyed it. They baked me cakes and had bagels though. I ended up eating a bagel for supper, but really not to bad over all. I'm so tired and I'm going to bed. Take care.

Glad to hear it is working out for ya!!

miafluker:

You have a good day too hun!

SD Gal:

I ate like garbage all weekend. Yes I did!! Am I back on track today? You bet your broccoli I am! LOL I know, it was bad.. and I haven't gotten on the scale and don't plan to this week. *gasp!* I'm going to wait until my WI next Tuesday. I have no doubt I've gained two or three pounds back and I'm just too afraid to see it back on the scale. How awful! lol

Awww hun, me too! I am so upset I may just wait til March 1 to weigh again!!

I've decided to go for my medical coding certification in May.. so, studying now. Its horribly boring but if I can get my certification I can get contracted jobs that pay a lot more than what I am being paid!!

That would be great!

FIT2BABRIDE:

Welcome to our group!!

i too had more than my fair share of eats and bad ones this weekend, my excuse was the super bowl of course. i was an idiot and stepped on the scale to my suprise all was the same, go figure. anyway, i usually exercize in the am but i have a 7:30 meeting tues and wed, so i'll be on my elliptical at 4:15 am, pls wish me luck[/QUOTE].

Glad it didn't affect you!! Good luck!

Canuk4:

Jasmine, remember were here for you when ever you feel up to chatting. Thinking and praying for you.

Awww thanx hun!! I am so sorry i haven't been here but so much stuff going on lately! I Appreciate all the prayers from you and anyone else!!! *BIG HUGZ*

My daughter was by tonight, I asked her about wedding arrangements, she said they still may get married down south and my husband and I, can stay at another resort and they will come and get us for the day of the wedding, then return us to our motel. (Fat Chance, you think I was going to stalk her or something). Or they may get married here. Her childhood friend is going to be her Maid of Honour, this girl cannot hold her drinks, let alone talk without almost shouting. My husband and I are already strapped for money and the trip would put us further in debt, the way she is talking at this point, only makes us think, we will stay here at home, they can take pictures. Imagine saying we can stay elsewhere and come for the day. If that is how she feels, we don't need to be there at all. I am furious, can you tell. I have always respected there privacy, I have been to there home once, when invited and that is in 8 months. Mainly call her at work, only if something important, rarely at home, unless to let her in on something.

I think she is mad that I am having my Dad's party the day before her 30th birthday and not having one for her. Little does she know her fiance~ and I are planning hers Feb. 24th. I don't feel much like planning much for her now. I can't believe how kids can still hurt you so bad, even at this age.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Awww hun! I am so sorry to hear all this! *BIGGER HUGS* How old is she? Are you close with your mom? Can you talk to her fiance and let him know your concerns? How close doies she live to you and how far away does she plan on having the wedding? Is there a way they can go do their wedding and maybe you have a small reception for them at home? IDK there are all kinds of variations etc. *sigh* What is her deal? :(

stopeating:

Good luck with the hair!!!

SD Gal:

IIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOSTTT HALF A POOOUND! Yessssssss! I decided last night that it was cheating if I didn't WI on my WI day.. so.. I did, this morning.. And.. I lost half a pound. I'm so excited!! YAY!!

Ok, I'm good, this is nice. I should be down more, but you know, I think I'll just take that half pound and run with it! lol

I walked two miles after work when I got home and then another three with my hubby, I also did crunches. So, I definitely got my excersize in.

Have a super day!!!

That is great sweetie!!! WTG!!!

Jasmine31
02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Okay everyone thanx all for thinking and praying for me. Everything is starting to get back to normal, we gave her her door back and some of her stuff, (no anime though) and her mood is perking up, she has been going to school like she is supposed to etc. For a few days there she just went and sat outside til dark even!! Didn't want to talk or respond to me at all etc. Sheesh!! One day she even left for a walk and I told her to be back by dark but 30 minutes later it was 4:30 and I was getting nervous and I told Chris to go find her and bring her home and he did. The next day I heard about a 14 year old girl being kidnapped in our town and assaulted!!!!! Good lord! I told her no more going off on your own, PERIOD!!!

I did talk with the school counselors etc and they sent home a form where they can get an outside counselor to come see her etc. *sigh*

I probably pout on 5 pounds! Not kidding! I may not be weighing til March 1!! I can also feel it and see it right on my tummy!!! I ran out of my kefir and apples. :( Plus I was making REALLY bad food choices for like a week with the icing on the cake being haveing pizza TWICE last weekend and crazy bread! (we usually do once a month!) and it was c.j.s bday so cake and icecream and chips......Need I go on?

I almost got back on track yesterday but wound up eating TWO home made burgers last nite(on one bun). I should of stopped at one patty! I went shopping yesterday and have a bunch of groceries for the month though now.

I will post an excerpt from another board I posted on this morning. I have talked to you guys before about my quest for raw cheese and such. Someone was asking on there if anyone followed the nourishing traditions book(which I am getting soon) basically eat like your great grandparents ate, avoid processes, white sugar, etc, chose raw and organic, anyhow:

I have been on a long journey this past year and a half to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. I was 280 and am now down to 204 or so. (I did this with walking ALOT and slowly eating more and more healthy) I have done ALOT of research online about what to eat and not and I found that website several months ago and will be getting the book soon. I agree with alot of what they have to say. (not the lard as we are avoiding pork stuff, etc)

Whole foods are ALOT more filling because your body gets the nutrients it needs. ALot of the crap they sell in stores does NOT turn off the hunger button and in some cases actuially stimulates appetite! (like high fructose corn syrup) This is why dh and I are doing everything we can to get back to a simpler lifestyle, making almost everything from scratch, will be getting a grain mill soon. (We hope to also move back to Mt soon so he can hunt and fish again and I want chickens and a garden!) We are trying to avoid processed stuff and artificial ingredients as much as possible. You would be surprised all the stuff that has small trace amounts even of transfats in them! Some spices, skippy peanut butter even!!! Etc!!

I have researched the arguments for and against raw dairy and the conclusion I have come to is that it is life promoting as long as it comes from a reliable, CLEAN source!! We do live in Ca right now and it is legal here, although I did think I read somewhere that raw cheese is legal everywhere, not sure though. The places out here(the few) that do sell raw dairy are checked even more than the regular dairys and are held to even stricter standards.

Organic pastures is one of the producers , the closest store for that is 1 hour away(W3e just got a car again) and the milk is about $11.00 a gallon!!!!! :( (We have discussed it though and are going to try to start getting SOME) Their cheese is about the same.

I was really happy yesterday cause I was able to take the car and go look at Bj's health food store which is about 15 minutes away and low and behold I found Alta Dena sells RAW cheese!!!(They are not exclusively grassfed though like Organic pastures) BUT it is raw, they do have no rbst and I found the raw cheese for $3.93 for 12 oz!!!!! So $5.24 a pound. That is alot more affordable seeing as how other cheese is around $4.00 a pound anyways! (If you are not able to get the altadena, I have been using Tillamook before finding the altadena, they are not raw but they do partially grassfeed and guarantee NO RBST in their cheese!! We were trying to use some of their REAL butter but it is $4.89 a pound out here, when I went to Smart n final yesterday I was really happy to see they had REAL butter for $2.15 a pound!!!! Normal price!! (Altadena variety, not raw though, but neither was tillamook) SO we are switching to that, it is not raw, but the raw butter is like $10.50 a pound with organic pastures. Jeez!!! We care about our health but also have 5 kids to feed so we have to draw the line somewhere. So We are going to spend extra on raw milk. I am still going to see if I can find it up here first, if not maybe have it shipped. But we do have the raw cheese now and the real butter pretty cheap. So I was really happy yesterday!! Also with milk, I know knudsens and altadena doesn't use the rbst on their milk so that is another option for everyone not able to go raw, knudsens also do not top off their milk

Anyhow I know alot of us here are budget shoppers, myself included. But I pick and choose my battles. When it comes to good health, you can't buy it, but you can buy good food that will help insure it. I know people that will go out and buy new ceiling fans and house fixtures before putting food on the table even! Some people who don't spend the money on food, spend it on something else. What is your health worth to you? My dh and I decided we would rather put the money back into our health and the kids' instead of buying frivolous items. Some countrys their primary focus is on food, finding it, being able to buy it etc.

We do buy organic when we can and the health food store I went to yesterday had organic apples the same price as the stores!!

Anyhow I would advise anyone to take up the whole foods lifestyle. I have seen how my weight has improved since doing this, how much more energy I have, and recently finding the westonaprice website has just been icing on the cake and reiterated what I have been learning. So I am not doing lowfat any more, but moderation.

Kefir, I have found a lifeway brand and that has really helped me with my tummy. I believe everything they say about kefir. I get the plain, and add strawberries, an apple, blueberries, etc as a smoothie. I was thinking of stopping because I seen the one I was getting(they only had the lowfat variety so I was getting that, I didn't want the blueberry one with the added cane juice) anyhow I noticed it had vitamin a palmitate, basiically a synthetic vitamin and I have been doing alot of research lately on betacarotene, for smokers(my dh) taking a betacarotene supplement, can actually INCREASE your risk of cancer!!! (I have read this on many different publications) So I was going to quit it comepletely even for me but at Bj's yesterday I found the variety that is full fat and NO vitamin a palmitate! Yeah!!!! I could go on about all this stuff all day. lol

*backs out of the thread*

I also wanted to add that all we can do food wise is our best, and lean on God, no matter what we eat it is God that decided how long we will be here and when we will go. I do feel that it is good to do our best to give our body healthy food and the rest is up to him. :D

Anyhow, we did get the car and our taxes! Yeah!! Went out and bought a bunch of stuff and am going to get a grain mill soon too. Although I am sad I put some pounds back on, I know how to fix that! I am going to do great today! I am not kidding, that kefir does really help alot! I notice a HUGE difference when I am not doing it. :( I need to get back to walking one hour 5 days a week. The last few weeks I have maybe doens 1-2 hours!!! :( BIG difference!!!

marbleflys
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
OK, I must have missed something...............Jasmine, I'm sorry your child is causing you *upset*, sending good {{{{vibes}}}} to relieve some of your stress...it doesn't hlep when you are trying to lose wt.

Now, I'm curious just WHAT is Kefir? (I only think Kiefer Sutherland)?:rofl: :rofl:

dollypie
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Just checking in everyone. About to head out to lunch, I brought mine so it is healthy. Got in my exercise this morning as well. I just want the afternoon to go by fast, it is a gorgeous day outside and I am in a office. A walk after dinner is definetly in my plan for this afternoon. My body needs the sunshine!

Jasmine, Glad to hear things are perking up for you! We missed you!

SD Gal, May your metabolism just needed a jumpstart with your splurge. Great job on the lose!

stopeating, I could never survive that cold weather. Is is sunny and in the 70s in Texas!

Canuk4, Sorry to hear all the difficulties with your daughter. My brother got married this past summer and let's just say it was one of the hardest events to get through. He wanted to make his new wife so happy but in the end he just pissed off and hurt alot of members in our family. Nothing has been the same since.

sumisan
02-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Jasmine!! i love that coobook and it is so so so much more than a cookbook, amazon has a great price and I have seen it on ebay, but amazon is fast LOL I have dairy goats just for that reason, they are dry now but I make cheese when they are in milk :) We got our goats last year, only one was in milk and the other was a cute ittle baby :D Now they are both pregnant so our herd is growing nicely, we should have four babies in May and more milk than I know what to do with, I guess this year I will have to learn how to do hard cheeses, last year we only had enough fo soft, things like, yogurt, yogurt cheese, feta, ricotta and farmers cheese, cottage cheese... I tried mozzerela and it came out horrible LOL

Raw cheese is legal everywhere as long as it is aged for at least 6 months I believe, they may try and alter that soon though. By getting my own goats, there is nothing they can do to stop me. It is my choice not to pasturize and I have not had any problems. Its funny, since it is NOT pasturized it actually doesnt go bad. It just turns into cheese! Kind of hard to explain but It never gets smelly like sour milk.

I got kefir from ebay and it was wonderful, my husband ERRRRRRR just killed it though while cleaning out the fridge, and I didnt notice he had left it out. It may still be ok I can do some test cultures but I dought it.

We have free range chickens too but I am still trying to get used to them, As I mentioned we went from vegan to homesteading and it is an adjustment.

Anyway surgery was fine :) Hopefully no more periods now ---crossing my fingers LOL I know its a good chance that I will still get them but I like to dream! Going under was the easy part, the IV was aweful. I got stuck twice and both times bleed all over the place. Never had that happen before!

The plus side was that the hospital scale weighed me in fully clothed with jacket and boots at 184, I LOVE THEM now :) I am pretty sure it was acurate since that it what they used to give me the general. So my doctors scale is definitly insane!!! AND I think that loss is going to show on my scale soon, I am not going to weigh untill all the IV fluids are out of my system though.

Ok sorry I only scanned over the threads, I am going to go watch movies and sleep now!! :) ---Sumi

Jasmine31
02-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanx Marbles! Yeah you remember my teenager dilemma! :lol:

It is cultured and is similiar to yogurt, if you have evr heard of pratts superfoods book he recommends yogurt as a superfood and kefir as a sidekick.

Here is a link to their blog, there are like 3 entrys but alot of comments so you can read what other people are saying too. (I guess it has no lactose or gluten) but is full of probiotics, basically bacteria that is good for you and helps fight off unhealthy bacteria in your body!

Both kefir and yogurt are cultured milk products... (http://www.kefir.net/kefiryogurt.htm)

More than just beneficial bacteria! (http://www.kefir.net/nutrit.htm)

The benefits of consuming kefir regularly in the diet (http://www.kefir.net/benefits.htm)

THIS was of particular interest: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=19628226&postID=113466292104644458

Allen said...

I been a totally raw & living eater for one year now, and must say it's ashame that Lifeway uses milk that not raw in it's products. Homogenized & pasturized milks are heated from 160-240+ degrees to kill all bacteria and in the process kills all the good bacteria & eznymatic materials. Hence the additon of Vitamin D3 & Vitamin A Palmitate to most if not all of Lifeways Kefir products. Just because you have "cultured" lowfat milk, then add nonfat milk "non cultured" to the same bottle says something not real here. Thats why after a few bottles of consumption, I am back to my totally Raw & Living diet, to include totally raw milk I get delivered to my door. This is the way our ancestors lived until meat & fire came along!

2:00 PM
Anonymous said...

This is in response to the raw & living eater... Lifeway wants to thank you for your inquiry. However, we also want to delve a little further into how Lifeway’s Kefir is actually made. Lifeway pasteurizes the lowfat and nonfat milk first. Once the milk has cooled we then add the cultures/bacteria so to preserve the life of the culture. In this way the bacteria is still live and active, working diligently to boost your digestive and immune system. By law we must pasteurize the milk, the only state that allows raw milk is California and there have been several deaths as a result over the years. Raw milk can contain very dangerous bacteria such as salmonella. As we are concerned for the health and safety of our customers we would never produce a raw kefir. We do appreciate your reasons for being a raw & living eater and just want to say that it is wonderful to live in a country that has so many food choices.

Anyhow I did want to add in about the salmonella, there is obviously a BIG debate about that but years ago in the 80's when I cant remember who the producer was, anyhow, there was a problem (with a few people) and raw milk did get pulled off the shelves for years, funny thing is salmonella posioning actually increased when that happened!! (from pasteurized/homogenized milk!!)

Why Real Milk (http://realmilk.com/why.html) (VERY informative website!)

What is real milk (http://realmilk.com/what.html)

Where can I find real milk (http://realmilk.com/where.html)

More Reasons Why You Don’t Want to Drink Pasteurized Milk (http://www.mercola.com/2003/mar/29/pasteurized_milk.htm)

Hi dolly! Glad to hear you are doing good too. :D *hugz*

Sumisusan, so glad to hear there are others out there! Your own goats? Cool!!! Are they hard to milk? Can you use an instrment or just by hand? You drink the raw milk too or just make cheese? What is up with the aging and all. So much to learn! Did you grow up like that or is this all new to you? Chickens, That is what we want to do too! I may need to be asking advice later when we do our own! DO you have any pics of your homestead? :D

marbleflys
02-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh, of course I know what kefir is.....it's in the dairy aisle....I am SO blonde today....overtired, too much on my plate and it's not even food....

Oh Canuk, I am so familiar with the child who thinks your feelings are just not important. Only my daughter takes it up about 10 notches...she's 26 and acts like she's 10 and I owe her......I removed her from my payroll 2 years ago and she's never forgiven me....we only speak regarding other family members health. Every word out of her is downright nasty and hostile is her middle name. (it used to be Michelle).

This bothered me greatly, but I thought it would pass as moods often do when kids are unhappy with themselves....However, it escalated into threats as I refused to give into her demands (for $$). I took great offense when she threatened to "report" a complete fabrication about me....

I cannot help someone who doesn't want intervention and I won't allow myself to be bullied into anything....I completely cut her off. I'm not anyone's doormat, her total lack of respect to me gets her nothing....she ruined too many family gatherings with her selfish attitude.

Of course the door is always open to her IF she acts like a decent human being, but I don't take abuse from anyone, even my only child. She was raised to act differently. She chooses to act and behave like an idiot, i don't have to participate.

I hope things turn around for you and your daughter to have great memories of her wedding together.

stopeating
02-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Jasmine, I'm glad that life is going a bit better for you. Huge congrats on the car and income tax!:carrot:

JasonsLea
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I don't have time to go through and respond to all your posts but I just wanted to tell you all that my WI was today and I'm at 248. That's 4.8 lbs lost this week. TTYL!

stopeating
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi Dolly pie - Just wanted to let you know things are perking up...it's a heat wave at 13 degrees!:lol:

Canuk4
02-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi all, we are in the deep freeze up here in Canada as well. It was minus 18 yesterday when dh got up, but warmed up to minus 8 ha ha, the weather picture so dh says is going to be like this till at least Feb. 20th, oh yeah!

Well my daughter is going to be 30, no baby, but it seem's she will blame me for all that goes wrong in her life. She seemed happy with her new fiance` and was always saying "No worries, Mom", she was even quite pleasant last night, till I mentioned the wedding. Usually I get hurt over things and dh will say nothing when I complain, but he even said, go all the way down South and stay at a different resort from them and just go over for the day of the wedding. We both agreed, sounds like we are not wanted, we can't afford the trip anyhow, so tell them to take lots of pictures. I guess I am an old fool, I always dreamed of her getting married and leaving from our house and pictures and love. Dream on Sharon.
She lives about 5 mins. from our house. Usually comes when she wants to get some more of her stuff, make a car payment (which we are carrying), or if it is Xmas or whatever. She is the real charmer, when it comes to family gatherings, like butter would not melt in her mouth.
She did mention them getting married here and then going away. She always said she did not want a big wedding here, but she has also mentioned having a party when they get back. I am fed up with trying to figure her out, but I tend to dwell on things, I have prayed about it, meditated, I am at a true loss. The only thing I can say is she is going to be some shocked, when she walks in to the surprise birthday party, planned for Feb. 24th (her actual birthday is March 5th), her fiance` and I are working on it and I can't be sh**** and not finish what I started, I have no idea his involvement in this.

Jasmine, I am so glad you are back, I was so worried about you and your family. I know it's been a rough go and it's not over yet, but it look like things are picking up a little, at least you have the car and are finding all this good food to eat, and she is going to school again. Maybe trying to get your mind off her and doing your research on foods and things will help you feel better, I truly hope so. Remember you said she would not rule the house! Don't let her. (Aren't I the one to talk, after what I said about my daughter).

Marbleflys, I am sorry to hear about your daughter and how she acts. I do not understand where all the good value's kindness, respect for our own parents shown to our kids, what happened to all these lesson's they were taught? I certainly did not bring her up like the way she acts. I hope your daughter will figure out all she is missing and come around. So Sorry!

Sumi, so glad your operation went well and you are doing okay, I hope no more periods for you. Get some rest, you need it after an operation.

Congrats Shari on the loss, SDGirl congats to you as well.

Dollypie, thanks, sorry your family is in a mess as well. Weddings I am beginning to think are the pits.

Anyhow, WI, I was down another half pound today and did great with my exercise, 40 minutes floor and 3 miles walking for abs, best I have done yet, tomorrow is water aerobics, better remember my hair dryer, or my hair will be forzen by the time I get home. Anyhow, food was good today too, still
trying to fit in all the meals and snacks, finding it difficult.

Have a really good day tomorrow everyone.
Sharon S.

dollypie
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Hot Chicks,

I just sounds like we are having issues with families. Since I am from the younger side hear I will shed some of my thoughts on why they act this way. I have spoken to many of friends and I am just appalled at how they treat their parents and family. I was raised that family comes first and that you so respect even if they are in the wrong. My brother was raised the same way and now he is so aloof to how he acts. What is boils down to I believe is that the world that we live in has too many options and moves too fast. Also it is that their is a differenct concept on how much money they have and how they choose to spend it. There is no value place on money today because some take it for granted that it will always be there. For example, did my brother really need to by the 71" TV for the SuperBowl, no, but he did. Also yes many younger people to go to church, but once they go to college or leave the house there is no guidance to support for them to continue. Any type of religion adds morals and values and too many are not getting them. Okay off the soapbox now.

On a lighter note I am down to 147. Finally I went down another pound, it just seems to keep getting harder and harder to lose the weight as I get closer to my goal. Since I am doing the Couch 2 5k running program I keep continuing to increase my cardio intensity and I think that is what keeps me going now.

Congrats to all those you have lost!

sumisan
02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Sumisusan, so glad to hear there are others out there! Your own goats? Cool!!! Are they hard to milk? Can you use an instrment or just by hand? You drink the raw milk too or just make cheese? What is up with the aging and all. So much to learn! Did you grow up like that or is this all new to you? Chickens, That is what we want to do too! I may need to be asking advice later when we do our own! DO you have any pics of your homestead?
Jasmine: Yup they are so nice too, very pleasant animals, I never realized that they were so social, but I guess that is why they have them in petting zoo's LOL They are dairy goats and are pretty easy to milk, during milk season they give about a gallon a day which is plenty for us. If we had chosen a cow, we would have been overwhelmed with 10 gallons a day LOL, I am looking forward to having the two in milk though!

We drank the milk too, no problems. We always make sure to take care of it right, like cooling it right away. It is very pleasant tasting too, the goats milk you get at the store is aweful. BLECK!! But fresh milk tastes just like cow, only whiter. It is naturally homginized though which means it wont seperate into cream... I really need to get a cream seperator, I would love to make raw butter! People sometimes have bad experiences with goats milk, saying it tastes goaty, but that usually only happens if it isnt cooled right away or they are keeping a buck to close. We dont have a buck at all, we took the goats to get freshened (we told the kids they were going on a date haha)

Well if you leave raw milk out, it will naturally seperate into curds and whey. To make cheese you literally only need to drain the curds and press our the whey. Aged cheeses take longer, and need to be really pressed to get the whey out.

If you leave pasturized milk out you get something that smells bad enough to make you vomit. Raw milk still smells and IS still good. In fact that is how they used to make cheese back in the day.

We are learning LOL We moved out to missouri last year, and its all new to us, we both were raised in the city but had this dream to homestead, it isnt anything special LOL we sold our house in california and came out here and bought outright with the profit. Got out right before the market crashed. So we found a super old farmhouse out here in the middle of nowhere on about 7 acres, its not much, its not super nice but its OURS. But we are defitntly still learning.

We bought a straight run of chicks last year, which is 25 and both boy and girls. And raised them from 3 days old, they came in the mail and everything! All alive too, it was crazy, we went into the post office and could here them chirping LOL They were sooo cute when they were little :) It took them about 6 months to start laying eggs, but they were ready to eat by 16 weeks old. So have 8 hens and 1 rooster now. They are very very very easy animals to do and you can even do them in the city, although I would buy only hens, they will still lay eggs and you can eat them for meat too, but they wont crow. Man are those roosters noisy LOL Thats why we only have the one now.

We are thinking about sheep next, I dabble in fiber arts, felting wool and things like that, and would love to have my own supply of wool. My hubby works with pigs so we can not have any here due to contamination issues. And we have thought about raising our own cow for meat, but before I ever think of that I need to get a deep freeze LOL I barely have enough room for what we have now!

The only thing I miss about the city was the farmers market, we went to one out here and it was just so sad compared to california. I really need my garden to not get eaten by the bugs this year. LOL Thats another drawback about it, MAN are there alot of bugs in missouri! Weird things I have never seen before haha

I do have some pictures :) But I havent the slightest idea how to post them haha :) I love waking up and looking out the rolling fields, we can barely see our neighbors, its so awesome. I grew up in the city and our first house was on a "HUGE" quarter acre lot LOL Now I think about it and could never go back to that.

I am feeling a bit tired today I think I had a fever last night and got the shivers, by the time it broke my stomach was aching from being all clenched up. So I am going to take a nap. I gained 2 lbs but I think its water weight and I am not trying to think to much about what I am eating untill I feel better. I am actually not very hungry, I would hate to go into starvation mode though just because I feel nasious so I am trying to eat little bits all day :) I know it has alot of sodium but those healthy request soups are a lifesaver when I am too pooped :)

I am curently readying a great book, Parenting with Love and Logic. It is awesome. I am going to use their techniques, I have no parenting skills, I know its harsh and aweful but its true. My parents didnt parent me, they just let me raise myself LOL I was the kid with unbrushed hair and mismatched clothes LOL Not saying I dont think it had its advantages but I need stability here and having two so close in age I can't deal with the constant battle of wills. So we are going to go on a whip into shape adventure :) The whole concept of the book is to let life teach with natural consiquences. But in a loving way and a guiding way, essential you are your childs consultant, which I really like the way they put it.

Ok no time to spell check :) LOL have a great one everyone! --Sumi

marbleflys
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Happy Hump Day ladies....I have ordered pats on the back for everyone's little accomplishments....:sunny: :cheer: Dollypie can have my daughter's trust fund, thank you for your kindness:hug: YOUR parents must adore you!

hmm Sharon, my DD blames me for all her problems too? maybe they are related? I'm sorry that she won't be having the wedding where you feel comfortable...but her plans aren't set in stone yet, so who knows what can happen....I'll keep my fingers crossed....sometimes {{{{perceived pressure}}}} makes people want to marry in a different environment.....If i were going to marry the dear BF, (i've been divorced since I was 29), I'd just do it in Vegas, he has a HUGE family, I have no interest in spending big bucks on a party.....his brother just married at a later age (first marriage for both of them), it was beautiful, but it must have cost $100K for 275 pp to have such a gathering.

I crave peace and quiet these days, but I do enjoy visiting and being with his family too every couple of months. My immediate family (mom, bro, SIL, nephew) is hard to be with....mom was extremely ill, I'm the care-giver, it's a 2nd job and my child doesn't even visit her GM....now my bro is seriously ill, the DX isn't good.....:?:

Sumi, I hope you are feeling better today and no post-op complications.

Jasmine, sounds like you have a firm grip on reality and will guide the child to a better way of thinking..............

gotta run, I'm multi-tasking , BBL, m.

Canuk4
02-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi all, glad to see things seem to be going well. Sumi you should be resting after your surgery, just take it easy.

Dollypie, you are so right, my son is all about money, he is dating a cop, she makes good money, so does he, there life is planned out all ready, but he is not taking into consideration how she acts, the things she says, how she treats him, all the importnt stuff. He actually said, he would not be like his sister, as they would have more money. As far as religion, I have to ask, did you pray for so and so, when someone is sick. There is no respect for the parents at all and all there wisdom and knowledge, they think they know more than us and were just stupid. Telling us what to do and say and buy. This marriage for him is his third, he is quite a bit older than her, but she has always had the dream of getting married down south, so that part does not surprise me, us staying at another resort is just an insult. Anyhow as you say there plans are not set in stone, so why get myself all wound up now.

Congrats to the losers.

I have not eactly followed plan, mainly because of not realizing I was going to grocery shop and the errands I had to do. My fault completely. Did get aquafit in and hurting tonight. Good luck tomorrow my friends.
Sharon S.

sumisan
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
THanks Sharon S :) I am taking it easy, although I have to go to Springfield today so my kids can get their fillings done. The dentist we see is booked 2-3 months in advance and we already got pushed back once due to a vacation or something. I would send my hubby alone but its so far and the kids have never had this done before, see I have my excuses :) Anyway feeling better today, and not having to take as many pain pills. I got sleep last night woo hoo :)

I havnt been counting calories or weighting my food or anything like that. But I dont think I have strayed to far. I will start again tomorrow.

Have a great one everyone!!

dollypie
02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Just checking in to say howdy! A busy day a work today, but that should make the time fly right.

stopeating
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Hello! Quiet place tonight. Everyone must be exercising. ;) Anyway, trying to fill out financial aid forms for my son's college tonight. Boy is college expensive! I've been stress eating the last three days and I feel horrible. I'm going to stop right now and get back on track!!! Anyway I hope everyone is doing well.

loveandlaughalways
02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
:carrot: :carrot: Yahooooooo!!! Finally moving down in size!! 174.8 this morning!! I just wanted to share that with you fine folks. Thanks to jasmine and her announcement on how great fat free yogurt was and walking. I hope to continue. Thanks to you all!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Canuk4
02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Well it really is quiet tonight, glad I did not check earlier, would not of found anything new on the boards. Sumi, don't worry about food and calories right now, just get better, sorry you have to go so far with the kids today.

Loveandlaughalways, glad to hear of your weight loss, stop by more often.

Stopeating, sorry about all the paperwork for college for your son, I know it can be a pain, I am fortunate that my kids took out there own loans to pay for school, they only ended up on our line of credit anyhow for my daughter, my son worked summers and payed his off each year, till the last year, when he was working as a student, getting paid $5. a day, but that worked out for him as now he has a good job and makes way more than I ever did.
We felt sorry for our kids so put it on the line of credit, my daughter is great to pay on time, rarely misses and then there is my son, I feel like I am always asking him for money. But it has to be paid off.

Did great today with food and calories, did 40 mins floor and 3 miles walking for abs and got my water in. Very happy with myself today. See you later.
Sharon S.

marbleflys
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Ladies;

I've skipped the workouts for 2 days, feel mucho crappy, but I just am stretched too thin....Count me in for the {{{stress}}} of finances....

I'm re-doing the financing on the primary homestead....(i'm a true academic, absentminded-type), it's like being tortured when i address these matters! and the bank officer even comes to my office for the closing! Then I have to gather my taxes together and schlepp to the Accountant who will lecture me about other things I neglected to do......THEN I have to prepare a statement for attorney for PI case from 2005.....ihatethis, REALLY hatehatethis!!! I would rather be at home, but I can't leave my office today, wimperwimper.

and I threw my old back out yesterday lifting a tub of kitty-litter out of the grocery cart into the car....I can't seem to win.......but the BF promises heat treatment massage tonight, a nice glass of cabernet and a home-made thin crust, reduced fat cheese/veggie pizza......so life isn't THAT bad.

BBL, hi to everyone else too!

SD Gal
02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi girls! I've not been able to check this these past couple days and while I'm not able to respond to everyone (yet) I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is ok :D

I got a new cut yesterday.. yep, lopped it all off.. I'm feeling very svelte these past few days.. Let me know what cha think!

I've never uploaded a pic into any of my posts.. so I hope this works. lol

Super hugs and sounds of dropping pounds!!! :carrot:

dollypie
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Howdy everyone! Well Friday is almost overwith yeah!!!! Tomorrow is a day of shopping with a good friend and a pedicure....relaxation for me. I just might even get a makeover as well.

I can relate to those college loans. DH and I are schedule to pay ours off in 2013, but since we paid another off early I think we are going to do the same on this last one. We got lucky though when we got the loans the interest rates were at the all time lowest.

SDGal, I love the hair!

marbleflys, I hope your back gets to feeling better...not fun to have a hurt back.

loveandlaughalways, :carrot: :carrot: CONGRATULATIONS!:carrot: :carrot:

marbleflys
02-09-2007, 04:04 PM
SIGH, if I went out to get a pedicure.....my toes would freeze and snap off before the polish dried! ....it's been VERY cold for NJ, there is this biting wind that won't quit this week....no snow yet, but there are many feet of it just a couple of hundred miles north in NY.

tomorrow we are changing the furniture around....not me and my back, but the BF will move it while I stand and point....making room for new TV, can't decide what wall, etc...(I have an extra wall catty-corner with a marble fireplace, it makes furniture arrangement a challenge.)

we are celebrating Valentines Day for 2 weekends....tomorrow it's stay-in and I'm cooking...nothing elaborate, I have 2 very nice fancy steaks, brocolli, baked potato and some shrimp cocktail....(dessert is the 1/2 ice-cream by hagdaz and strawberries) next week we are going out, hopefully the weather will be better too.

loveandlaughalways
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I do stop by here once in a while, but it seems since my husband has been home, I don't have as much time to post here. My oldest b-day is tomorrow and I am helping with a church crab feed fundraiser tonight. Too busy for me, but have found the busier I am, the less I think of food!!

Take care all, talk to you as soon as I get the chance to write something productive.

Canuk4
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
So ladies how are you all, SD the hair looks great, Marbleflys, sorry about the back, I could handle pointing while the furniture is re-arranged by someone else. Especially for a new tv. Must be love, valentine celebrations for two weekends, enjoy! Dollypie, get yourself something really nice well shopping, you deserve it. Loveandlaugh, you really are busy, good for you, as it is helping you not think about food.

Well my brother got home from Mexico yesterday and my Son today, thank goodness, they are not keen on Canadian's it seems down there at the moment. My son's girlfriend sprained her ankle the second day they were there, really bad, so he had to piggy back her around the whole time, they stayed at a new resort, it was not very organized, things like elevators kept breaking down, they had long ways to go to restaurants and the golf carts they used to take people were few and far between. Also there were very few people that spoke english. They had a lousy time to say the least. Already have been to the travel agent to get a refund, but of course that means letter writing etc. Anyhow home safe and partly sound!

I went to my water aerobics today, I seemed to have pulled something on my right side, it was a vigorous workout today, but I am really enjoying it, wish I could go every day.

Weight still at 227, ate good today, so far not enough calories in, water good, guess that is it. Just don't feel any skinnier, although I have lost 15lbs since starting. Still can't get tickers to work. Talk to you later.
Sharon S.

Canuk4
02-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Did I miss something, like a new link? The post above is mine from last night. Oh I get it, you all have a life.

Doing lousy today, no exercise ate okay till after supper, except no fruit, I have had an ice cream bar, then a whole pkg. of waffle cookies. Really thought I would be down today, have been working my butt off, but no, was looking to cry some tears, just needed to vent.
Sharon S.

sumisan
02-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Sharon S: Yeah everyone disappears on the weekend, I avoid posting because I feel like a dork HAHA :D I am reading though, and checking way to many times a day. I wish we had a Y around here, water aerobics sounds like something I could be do. I think the closest one is 60 miles from here though. I never knew that about Mexico, we are planning to go sometime soon, a family friend is building a house somewhere down there. I imagine it would be different having someone with you who knows Spanish though. I hope anyway.

So its official, I must have OCD. I am seriously contemplating weight my clothes today. First off let me explain we have carpet in our bathroom. I know, GROSS. We are going to replace it with tile as soon as we can get to it but we are still working on the kitchen, which also has carpet! It was like that when we moved in. I have never ever seen a house with carpet in these areas. Anyway hubby was home this morning and I was feeling like I was down so I wanted to weigh. We had the scale in the unfinished living room (god the house is a mess, nothing is finished) and i jumped on clothed this morning. Sweats, Men's Socks, Unders and a top. And it said 181, so curiosity being what it is I wanted to weigh nekked, by this time my hubby is up and I dont want him to find me stark nekked standing in the living room weighing myself LOL So I brought it in the bathroom and it read the same thing nekked. UGH. Now I trust the hardwood over the carpet so I am seriously considering weighing the clothing. I wouldnt really even care but now my curiosity is getting to me! No matter what though I am sure its coming off :) Very happy about that!

sumisan
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1569218#post1569218
I made a new thread, hope I did it right :D