General chatter - Your Favorite Super Bowl Commercial???

elsiemoo
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I choose the Blockbuster one with the rabbit, the guinea pig and the mouse! :D

CynthiaB
02-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I guess if I had to choose it would be the crabs and the beer cooler, probably because I'm partial to crabs.

But weren't the commercials LAME this year? This is the first year I've actually watched it for the game, because I've been a Bears fan my whole life (talk about lame, but that's another post....). And there were NO commercials that stood out! Nothing that was any better than on any other television program. Very disappointing. I'm glad I was interested in the game for a change.

Cindy B.

EZMONEY
02-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I also thought the commercials were NOT THAT GOOD this year ~ I did like the one that had the guys undressing to wash the chevy...probably only because Angie and I saw the show on Saturday that had the kids chosen to participate from their colleges with their commercials, to present at the Super Bowl with a Chevy commercial, this winner was 1 person, all by herself. Congrats to her!

ennay
02-04-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought they were lame too... the few I got to see (see rant rant rant) The cheby carwash one elicited a smile as did the taco bell one, although I cant remember it now.

The worst hands down had to be the Garmin one, although I remember the ad, so it must have been effective.

Once again, as in previous years, a local ad for the trunk monkey was probably the winner.

lizziness
02-05-2007, 01:34 AM
We thought they were kinda lame this year too - and I know it's on CBS but did they have to run a ton of their own commercials over and over and over? arg.

I enjoyed the K-Fed commercial and the one with Robert Goulet was great. Basically I found the whole thing a good time to take a little nap. :)

mlholston
02-05-2007, 01:47 AM
well there was nothing that really had me lmao, but the blockbuster mouse one and the paper, rock, scissors bud light one, they were funny.

lizziness
02-05-2007, 01:50 AM
oh i forgot about the paper rock scissors one, that was good too.

LaBonita
02-05-2007, 02:15 AM
My favorite was the one with the foreign people taking an english class, and being taught when someone asks for a budweiser to say "me no speak english". That made me laugh pretty good!

But yeah...commercials weren't that great. And I agree about CBS running their own ads...it got a little old. I think I saw the stupid commercial for Survivor like 20 times!

aphil
02-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I personally thought the careerbuilder.com ads were HILAROUS. :rofl:

I also thought the Kevin Federline one was great.

ennay
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
oh yeah the mencia one was good, and a liked the machete hitchhiker bud lite one

Jen415
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
My favorite was the checkout girl scanning the different bags of Doritos and making comments about each one....hard to describe--y ou just gotta see it!

tikanique
02-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I liked that Doritos one too! Had me crying laughing. I also liked the beer one (sad, i can't remember which beer) but the guy goes to give his friend a fist and the other guy says the fist is out and then slaps him silly. I also thought the sprint ad about connectile dysfunction was funny because it was kind of spoofing all of the ads last year about erectile dysfunction.

Tiki

midwife
02-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I pushed with a lady for pretty much the entire Superbowl. To her boyfriend's immense and total credit, the TV was OFF the entire time.

I'll have to catch it next year!

alinnell
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Midwife~since you were catching babies rather than catching the game, you can go and review the commercials still! MSNBC has a commercial superbowl and there is a link to all the commercials.

I vote for the Blockbuster ad. I also liked the Chevy, Doritoes and Taco Bell ones.

I was disappointed that some of the commercials were ones I had seen before (like the rock, paper, scissors one). I like to see NEW ones on the supberbowl. I did like the fact that there were competitions with college students producing some of the commercials--that is just too cool, and I liked what they did.

The worst hands down had to be the Garmin one, although I remember the ad, so it must have been effective.

I just have to agree here. Very stupid, but we remember the name. Not that I'm going to go out and buy a GPS from them, though.

Cheryl14
02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
My fav hands down was the Snickers commercial with the two guys. When The one guy said, "Quick! Do something manly!" and the other guy ripped off his chest hair, I LITERALLY was rolling on the floor!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheryl

FrouFrou
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
So not really a fan of either the Colts or Bears so didn't see much of the game...only to check the score once in a while. But the few commercials I saw were a not so great. I thought the doritos one was kind of funny, and I liked the HRH (chevy) commercial...the old guy grossed me out though, lol!

Kimphin
02-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I liked the Bud lite chainsaw commercial and the Dalmation one. Not that the Dalmation one enticed me to want Budweiser.... it was just cute.

crazynette826
02-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I loved the Blockbuster Mouse one. Too funny!!!

healthy2b
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
The Bud commercial with the want-to-be dalmation was my favorite.

lizziness
02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
rumor has it the snickers commercial has already been pulled. people were offended.

elsiemoo
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Isn't that ridiculous about the Snickers one offending somebody? "Somebody" should lighten up ... REALLY! It was hilarious ... :)

aphil
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
If you think the Snickers commercial was funny...rent the movie PCU. HILARIOUS. It is all about the politically correct age...where everyone has their group, and everyone is so uptight about offending the next group, etc. I would also recommend the movie "Idiocrasy" as well-it is about how all of the idiots are outbreeding the intelligent people...and in 500 years our world is pretty much DUMB. Once again, not for hypersensitive people.

I agree that people need to lighten up. MAJORLY. You can't say or do anything anymore without offending someone's status, social group or personal beliefs-yet you can have a herpes medication on tv at 10am, and my kids ask me what the commercial is for. :?: Make jokes about "me" all you want...I find having to explain what an "outbreak" is to my 5 year old the offensive thing. :rofl:

But I digress...the Snickers commercial WAS funny!!!!

EZMONEY
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Do any of you remember that there was talk of a guy, on Super Bowl Sunday, that was going to propose to his girlfriend in an ad? I just read this on my Sports Illustrated site:

1. "Super" proposal update: Some of you may have wondered, as I did, whatever happened to the wedding proposal that was supposed to take place in a Super Bowl commercial. Well, that plan fell through when the company that was slated to pony up the $2.6 million for the ad time backed out, and CBS then decided not to run the proposal as an in-house ad. Instead, the man once known only as "J.P." -- he turns out to be a Seattle Internet marketing executive named Rand Fishkin -- borrowed $3,000 from his mother to buy time in the Seattle market during Tuesday night's showing of Veronica Mars, his beloved's favorite show. Thankfully, when Geraldine DeRuiter saw the proposal at 9:23 p.m. PT, she said yes. Congrats to the happy couple. You can find links to both the proposal and her response (a lot of "What?!... what?!... what?!" with a "yes" mixed in) here.

alinnell
02-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I didn't hear about the proposal thing, but there is now a second controversy over the Superbowl Commercials. Now anti suicide groups are trying to get GMC to pull their ad about the little robot that messed up at work (with the background music of "All By Myself."). Personally, I thought that one was so cute! And I thought the Snickers one was pretty funny although stupid in a man-kindof way with the way they pulled out their "chest hair."

techwife
02-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I liked the Doritos ad...the one with the CRUNCHY as he smashed his face in them, etc.

The mouse one was good, too...and the chainsaw/ax one

Personally, I felt dirty after the snickers ad...like I'd seen something I shouldn't have.

Anyone watch Prince at halftime? Did anyone else nearly choke on their illegal snacks when that curtain went up at the shadow with the formerly-known-as-prince shaped guitar...looking a lot like the urine sample scened in the Austin Powers movie?

And my husband wanted to know if Queer Eye for the Straight Guy planned the kickoff show. He was calling it the Fairy Bowl. He says, "BUTTERFLIES??? It's the SUPER BOWL!!" We watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet until it was done. Much more 'manly'...

EZMONEY
02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I also heard that Snickers pulled the ad ~ It's time to "sack" up America! If it's funny then it's FUNNY...anyone that has "personal" problems with that ad has.. well...problems period in MHO! I will say it grossed me out though!! FUNNY but damn nasty!!

EZMONEY
02-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I didn't hear about the proposal thing, but there is now a second controversy over the Superbowl Commercials. Now anti suicide groups are trying to get GMC to pull their ad about the little robot that messed up at work (with the background music of "All By Myself."). Personally, I thought that one was so cute! And I thought the Snickers one was pretty funny although stupid in a man-kindof way with the way they pulled out their "chest hair."

That is exactly what I am talking about Allison! A robot...a :fr: freakin robot can cause you to commit suicide...pretty sure there are OTHER ISSUES!!

I liked the Doritos ad...the one with the CRUNCHY as he smashed his face in them, etc.

The mouse one was good, too...and the chainsaw/ax one

Personally, I felt dirty after the snickers ad...like I'd seen something I shouldn't have.

ME TOO!

Anyone watch Prince at halftime? Did anyone else nearly choke on their illegal snacks when that curtain went up at the shadow with the formerly-known-as-prince shaped guitar...looking a lot like the urine sample scened in the Austin Powers movie?

My first thought was WOW...look at the size of that! Bet his "boyfriend" is happy! ;)

And my husband wanted to know if Queer Eye for the Straight Guy planned the kickoff show. He was calling it the Fairy Bowl. He says, "BUTTERFLIES??? It's the SUPER BOWL!!" We watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet until it was done. Much more 'manly'...

Angie and I DVR'd the puppy bowl...saw some of it already!

aphil
02-09-2007, 07:10 AM
EZMONEY-

Put up your dukes, them's fightin' words!!! ;)

Prince is my man (has been since I was a kid)...and he is definitely "straight". He is just extremely comfortable with his sexuality, and knows what women like. :D

At least women like me, anyhow. :devil:

(Devoted fan since I was a child in the late 70's/early 80's.)

EZMONEY
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
APHIL ~ I FEEL FOR YOU, Why don't you just put on your PINK CASHMERE with your RASPBERRY BERET and just GO :crazy: CRAZYin your LITTLE RED CORVETTE like you did in 1999! You know U GOT THE LOOK, but back then when the PURPLE :rain: RAIN came, it made the DOVES :cry: CRY.

APHIL I FEEL FOR YOU, WHY YOU WANNA TREAT ME SO BAD?

aphil
02-09-2007, 09:40 AM
:belly:

:D

Aphil

lizziness
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
lmao lmao i always thought prince was gay. or somewhere between bisexual and omnisexual. :)

I understand people getting offended by some things but really... I think we just are in a phase in our culture where everyone is so tired of being PC that they are pushing the envelope to offend people now. There is no balance. (mind you, I don't really care about balance and I tone myself way down when I post online and I am a totally offensive potty mouth kinda gal ) I never fell for PC crap - but I also would never be intentionally horrible to any group of people just for being a part of that group. I'd much rather find fault in the stupidity of the individuals. :)

aphil
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
lizziness-

I am completely tired of the whole PC crapola as well. It has completely taken away free speech, because anymore you can't say what you want, or print what you want without having to publicly apologize to a leader of whoever you offended, or end up getting sued. :lol:

The film Idiocrasy offended a lot of people. I thought it was hilarious, and unfortunately TRUE. :^:

The movie PCU is also a fave...the guy throwing the vat of meat down on the vegetarian protesters was great. :D