Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default Superbowl Confessions

I thought we could purge our guilt and remorse about what we ate/drank off plan this weekend, and then we can all forgive ourselves and move along.

I went WAAAAAY off plan today, despite my best plans. Things went awry right off the bat when I dropped my son at my Aunt's place around lunch time, so I could go to the baby shower. She was making lunch and offered me a bacon sandwich. Ch-ching...Sin #1. Then on the way to the shower I had to pop into a store, and I felt a little hungry. I bought a small bag of cheesies. Sin #2. At the shower the food wasn't what I expected...it was pretty much all starch (crackers, more crackers, h'ors deurves) and I just gave in and ate them. Sin #3. Then, before leaving I HAD to eat one of the delightful little cupcakes...chocolate with pink icing and cheesecake inside, that was Sin #4. Last but not least, instead of eating my planned 2 slices of mushroom pizza (=1 CC) I ate three. Sigh. That was Sin #5.

Now, I'm sitting here sipping my penance, which I figure is about 5 large mugs of hot lemon water. Tomorrow is a new day...
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #2  
LAWL since 9/06

Well Suzie, here is mine. I had some chicken enchiladas, taquitos, jalepenos poppers, chips and guacamole, and refried beans. I did skip the extra tortillas though. I did stay POP this morning. So I don't feel so bad. Despite what I ate, I know I can get this back off. I knew I was going to go over already. There was nothing there to eat that would have let me stay on plan. I start TO tomorrow to begin anew and wash away the sin. LOL.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #3  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

I also have to confess my sins. Today I started out very well. I had a boiled egg in a low carb wrap and a fet free yogurt. Good right. Then for lunch, I had chicken salad. But in the afternoon, DH went wild preparing for the Super Bowl. He started out making potatoe skins(yummy),then shrimp cocktail(not bad, but then he made wings (very very yummy), then he made shrimp stuffed with lobster stuffing, (wow), then me made scallops wrapped in bacon, I saw a seafood theme here. My DMIL came over and brought a coconut custard pie(she makes the best pie). I think I commited lots of sins tonight. Well I feel better writing down all. Tomorrow is a new day. Lots of hot lemon water for me too. Goodnight all
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #4  

Default Hot lemon water?

What exactly does drinking hot lemon water do for you? Sorry if this has been discussed millions of times! Newbie here!!

Thanks!
DaisyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Umm, I had chips and salsa. And more chips. Not too bad after a couple of days of beeing 100% POOP. I think I hear the chips calling my name again. Oh no!!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I definitely overindulged a bit. I tried to keep things relatively healthy by making ground turkey chili and serving hummus with veggies and whole wheat pita, but I think my sins are of the "too much of a good thing" variety. Ah well, tomorrow is another day (too bad I still have lots of leftovers to deal with).
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #7  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Hi DaisyMarie,

Hot lemon water (or HLW as it is sometimes referred to here) acts as a natural diuretic. Folks here tend to drink it when they have consumed a lot of sodium or a carb craver meal. Just sort of flushes you out and keeps you from retaining water.

hope that helps.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

I was fine today...didn't even watch the game. I happened to catch the half time show though. Last night I was off...we hosted the UFC. Of course...I had a few extra drinks, followed by a few chicken wings and a couple slices of pizza. I played hockey tonight, so I don't feel too bad. Plus, we only had 3 guys on the bench to switch off with...therefore I had to work a lot harder.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I had some nice greasy chicken fingers with (real) bleu cheese dressing. (does that count as 1 sin or 2??)
I did try to eat lite the majority of the day in anticipation of my chicken fingers.
A fresh start today! (Sorry, no TO for me though)
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #10  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I had two chicken wings and some Bud Light.. but ordered a veggie tray and ate most of that instead! Won a 17" LCD TV in the big draw so if I hadn't had the Bud Light I wouldn't have had the ballots to fill out.. maybe fate's way of saying it was okay to indulge a bit!
Back on plan today as I'm slow slow slow on Cupid's challenge!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I'll confess!

Breakfast was an alternative bagel w/veggie sausage and cheese (P,S,1/2D).

Lunch was a low-carb tortilla and a slice of turkey rolled in it with a dab of bbq sauce.

Super Bowl Dinner: Two mini burgers. One w/homemade horseradish sauce and muenster cheese, one w/bbq, cheddar and a 1/2 slice of bacon. A portion (was thinking CC) of nachos, but they were loaded w/everything. 3 light beers, lots of veggies. Oh yeah, and I made blondies a la mode for dessert. I baked a tray of blonde brownies and put vanilla ice cream on top. I had a 2x2" brownie and about 1T of the ice cream.

I was so full and still am, actually. Chugging my lemon water as I type.

However, like some of the others, I planned this. I didn't indulge once during football season so I was entertaining and enjoying the day. Back in the saddle this morning, though.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #12  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Here is to the fact we all 'gave' ourselves an indulgence day and looking back on years past I bet our cheats were about 1/4 of what we would have had.

Life is for living so everyone be proud of what you said no to and be glad with the choices you made!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Amen, sister!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I wouldnt WI today if they called and offered me a hundred bucks! LOL I think the number shock would kill me! HOT Lemon water here I come! My sin? A ton of Chex Party mix and a piece of leftover birthday cake, the icing was calling my name!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

I guess I have to fess up..

While I spent most of yesterday POP, as soon as the food arrived for the party, that went out the window.. Let's see.. I had:

3 beers
chicken and green chile enchiladas (only 1 smallish serving with no cor tortilla with it..
1 flour tortilla
chips and salsa/queso (counting this as a carb craver)
4 jalepeno poppers
2 taquitos
handful of cheeze-it's (my FAV snack food)
Lots of carrots and celery.. (Hey.. at least I got my veggies in!)

So all in all, it could have been MUCH worse than it was.. I have to tell you though.. Even after eating a lot less than I would have last year, I was SO stuffed.. It's amazing how food can fill you up in a shorter amount of time, once you've been eating well for a while..

No TO for me today, as I didn't get any cantalope sliced up. But so far, I'm POP..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote