Old 02-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Question Does any of you buy low carb products thru the internet?

I saw some wonderful products you cannot get locally anymore. I wonder if any of you get hard to get items from the internet stores? Just wondering, Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I used to get the LaTortilla's wraps thru the internet, loved it !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #3  

I got some Carbquick from Netrition and that was pretty good, I haven't got alot, been toying with putting in an order.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yeah its hard. I found the tortillas in one LC store here and the price was crazy, so thats when I looked on the web and ordered it straight thru the manufacturer/distributor. I had to order it by case but it was worth it $$$$ My DH was following a lc plan so we ate them up pretty fast.

I'm leary on buying stuff when I don't know what it taste like (especially LC).
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I buy mostly through netrition - their prices are usually better. The website isn't as "slick" as some, but for the money I can deal with it. I plan a large order 1-2 times per year - if you spend enough you get a discount and a freebie. I have 2 t shirts and 3 shaker cups. THe shaker cups are awesome. Usually I buy some ross chocolates, da vinci syrups, baking products like not/sugar, almond flour, filbert flour etc., a few boxed convenience items like brownie mixes, my dreamfields pasta (I limit this pretty severly in my diet - I don't quite trust their version of the carb counts), low carb tortillas, flax z snax granola, and just the cheese popped cheddar cheese (sort of popcorn like substance but cheese!). I throw in an item I want to sample each time. I started ordering small quantities until I found what I liked. Now I order things I know with confidence and sample another item or two each time. I plan to order several of things I want to hold me until I order again so I can get the discount, get a freebie, and save time.

Hope this helps.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #6  

I am thinking of putting in a large order today. I should probably get it in about a week. The local stores are not very good any more for getting the products that I like. I understand that they have to market things that sell so I don't hold it against them. I'm glad that there are internet stores that fill the vaccum. Judy
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #7  

Well I did it, I put in a large order with Netrition and they are going to send me a t shirt and I put in a smaller order with 2 other internet stores. Didn't buy Tortillas because I can still get them from my local grocery store. Everyone seems to be doing South Beach because I see alot of South Beach prepared foods. I'm anxious to see how it turns out I got alot of things that I cannot find locally anymore.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 369/298/145

Height: 5'1

My preferences are Low Carb Connoisseur & Dixie Diners, although getting the hang of the low carb taters & spaghetti is not happenin but the brownies & muffin mixes are A OK.
AnnaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/175.5/155

Height: 6'2"

I order from Netrition.com as well.
RunnerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #10  
An Army of One

S/C/G: 346/322 /150

Height: 5'10

lowcarbfriends (dot) com has a pretty good store
blkbarbie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I live in France so low carb options are basically non-existant, so I don't buy them and frankly, I don't miss them.

I started eating mainly whole foods about 8 years ago, and while the very occasional processed thing gets into my cabinets, it's not our regular fare, nor was it before low-carb. I think for health reasons (chemicals, addititves, etc) we're all better off minimizing the use of processed foods, and I didn't have much difficulty staying with this approach when I switched to low carb.

At the beginning I bought a few more processed things - pre-wrapped cheeses I could take along with me, sausage sticks (kind of like European beef jerky) and a few other things that reassured me while I was moving around (I travel a lot for work). Now that I've been at it for a while (5 months) I don't need most of those, and other than keeping a ziplock of nuts in my purse I can usually either make do with what I find (I've been known to buy 2 sandwiches and only eat the middles) or just go hungry for an hour or two when necessary.

I did see a lot of lower-carb foods in the US on our vacation this summer, but a lot seemed like marketing ploys (when you read the nutrition info the carb counts were still WAY too high for regular consumption).

I also think it's maybe easier to change the way you eat (no bread) than to try to replace the bread with a "low carb" version - but maybe that's just me. I know anywhere I go that I can order a big salad (with cheese and meat) for lunch and be okay. That's much easier to have in mind than reading through the whole menu and being tempted...
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote