Support Groups - Help I've been living in denial

View Full Version : Help I've been living in denial

Kiwi24
02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" :yikes: Are you ready to recognize yourself again? :carrot:
Well, its a new month a new year so lets start fresh. :goodscale

We welcome all new people :welcome2: and your ideas along with our old friends:grouphug: who have been with us on our previous thread.:goodvibes

We are here to encourage,:club: (just kidding) encourage, :hug: laugh,:lol: motivate :cheer: and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!":high:

I'm Kiwi,:wave: and my goal is to get down to 128 by my birthday Oct 24, 2007.:belly: After searching for many years for the "magic pill" :joker: I finally decided to join WW in Jan.:cp: I'm actually enjoying it very much.

That's all for now. I hope to hear from many of you who may have some wonderful ideas that we can do as a group to help get us motivated.:grouphug:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay tomorrow is the weigh in day. :crossed: I've done very well today. If starving myself is doing well. :rolleyes: Water, coffee and salad! What else could I do. :shrug: I have been bad all week. By that I mean I continued to go over my points even though I'm sure I used up my 35 points early on in the week. I'm not really sure because I didn't track like I should and that's why I'm whining now!:tantrum:

I promise I will track next week:^: .....I promise I won't cheeeeeeaaat next week:nose: .....well, at least stay within my extra 35 points for the week :devil: .... just let me looooose at least 1 pouuuuuund!!:stress:

suz
02-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Good Morning everyone
I did not get on yesterday but think this is a good idea You mentioned common things we can share Is it just going to be walking a pedometer is a good way to keep track of your steps Is ther any other ideas for common things we share ...like we all exercise and are eating healthy...I blew that last night for supper not the healthy just 2nd on everthing I was so bad but that was the first time since the begining of the year
Kiwi I was just thinking we could start a new thread every month just put the month behind your title "Help I have .... do you know what I mean?
Then everyone can post there goals for that month at the begining
My goals for this month are to lose 5 lbs, cardio exercise at least 3x/ week and track my steps Let me know what you think? Is Monday going to be our group weigh in still?

suz keep moving and losing Ladies :carrot:

srqmomof2
02-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi everybody! I know exactly how that feeling is. I joined a gym about 2 weeks ago and I was taking my first class, which meant I had to look at myself on a full body mirror and I tell you, I almost cried!
This week I've been good, I'm actually proud of myself. I just hope the willpower stays and I don't go off the wagon LOL. My biggest problem is my sweet tooth so I made sure I didn't buy any sugar. Does anybody have any suggestions on sweet stuff that's good for me? Thanks in advance.

Kiwi24
02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi srqmomof2:welcome2:
I am a sweetaholic!!:cookie: :m: Big time. I joined WW and I've found I like alot of there sweet frozen stuff that you find at Walmart. WW food is actually called Smart ones. They have the smart ones strawberry shortcake!:whoo: oooooh real yummy, then there is choc. elcair, key lime, Oh and Kelloggs has come out with a product called Kugos. They are yogurt covered fruit balls. They come in different flavors and are great when you are wanting something sweet! :D

Suz, I was thinking the same thing about a new thread each month. New goals etc. Sounds good. I went to Ft. Walton today looking for a wedding dress for my daughter. I got alot of walking in. I wish I could have remembered to count my steps.:running: Where can I get a meter? If we do that we should each have a goal that says how many steps in that month. does that make sense? What does everyone think.

Hey, I went to my meeting and I lost 3 more pounds!!:carrot:

I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll chat later

Kiwi

suz
02-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Kiwi I got one of my pedometers from chatelaine on line it was free if you joined there weight loss program and I can't remember where i got the other one I am sure if you search some online weight loss sites you might find otherwise check out drug store health sections
they recomend 10000 steps /day for good health that means 300000 steps per month and I still have to find my pedometer i loaned one out to a friend and I am 4 days behind :fr:
any other ideas from anyone else?

Keep moving and losing Ladies suz :carrot:

Kiwi24
02-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

As far as my weight loss. Actually, I've only loss 2 pounds.:goodscale The other pound was from taking my shoes and jacket off. :high: I want to lose 2 pounds next week so I can put my shoes back on. That way when I have a really bad week I can take my shoes back off!!!:lol:

I've done really well for 2 days as far as tracking my points. I had 25 points yesterday. (3 over) And today I've had 20 so far. (I get 22) I may have popcorn later tonight. I think what I will do is when I run out of points I will go to bed. :^:

Suz, Kelloggs has this thing that you can order a cheap version of a pedometers from them with a box top and $3.00 If I can figure out how to order it on line I may get one.:running:

Kiwi

trekkiegirl
02-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I've got a GNC Calorie Pedometer in transit from drugstore.com. It measures steps, distance and calories burned. It's $14.99. They also have other styles there.

I spent the weekend indoors (it's frakkin' cold here) so I walked/lightly jogged through 3 rooms of my house. :p Had the radio and some cds on and shook my booty, too. :carrot:
Disco doesn't suck. Disco makes great exercise music. :dancer: How could ya not get up and do the YMCA? :D

Kiwi24
02-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Welcome Elle,:welcome2:
So you are a star trek fan and disco lover? Hummm? Either you love retro or you are telling your age!:rofl:

I'm going tomorrow and see if I can find a meter in one of our drugstores. So how many minutes should a person walk a day? Suz did you say 30,000 steps a month? 10,000 a day? Yikes. Okay maybe I need to start small like 3000
a day. :D

suz
02-05-2007, 06:27 AM
good morning Ladies
Yes Kiwi I said 10000/day They figure about 2500 is a mile I checked out how far I walk at work in a shift and it was pretty close to 2500 I was shocked

Well i weighed in this morning and did not lose any weight and I was bad :devil: only friday night for supper and yesterday afternoon I will have to work harder this week :lifter: :running: :exercise: :carrot: I was talking to my brother and he has also lost some weight about 35 or 40 lbs a little to much for his height he now weighs 160 and he is 6ft tall he asked how i was doing and I told him he told me to keep up the good work

it snowing and blowing here so I hope I can make it to exercise class this morning

Keep moving and losing Ladies suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
02-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone: :gossip:

Hello Kiwi :wave: Hello Suz :wave: Hello everyone new :wave:
Thanks for giving me directions on how to get here Kiwi.....you do have a "goodside" :angel: at times eh? :dunno:... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am Danni and I have always had a weight problem, my entire 40 years on this planet..even at birth I weighed a whoppin 11lbs...:rofl: I have tried many many diets and I have had some weight loss and then gain it back plus some :yikes: I am currently on the HMR Healthy solutions program and have lost close to 40lbs. :dance: I could not be happier. I am hoping :crossed: that this IS the last "diet" I am ever on :shrug:

Well today (Monday) is my weigh in and you guys from the "old" thread know that I had "girls weekend" this weekend and was concerned about cheating and weight gain...:yikes: well I got on the scale....:goodscale: and I lost 2lbs! whoo hoo....:carrot: :spin: :cp:

I kept repeating my mantra all weekend when I looked at all the food:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS......:dancer: :yes:

gotta run ,....oh I walked......123800 steps yesterday....:carrot: come on Suz lets get ready to rumble :lol:.... cuz I am gonna :kickbutt: in steps... :D

Have a great day...remember to drink your water...

Danni :val1:

Kiwi24
02-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Good Morning,

Danni I could have sworn you were older than 40.......oops I did it again.:devil:
Just trying to get your temperture up:hot: so you can burn some calories before the weigh in. :goodscale See how much I care.:lol: Just messing with ya.:hug: Good luck on the weigh in today.

Suz I was watching the weather channel and I can't believe the weather so many of you are going through. Try to stay warm.:flame:

Here are my goals for February.:carrot: All those willing lets write our goals for the month down.

1. Lose 8 pounds
2. Build my walking statima
3. Exercise a mim. of 3 times a day 30 min.

chat later

trekkiegirl
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
So you are a star trek fan and disco lover? Hummm? Either you love retro or you are telling your age!
Absolutely, sure, yes and that, too! :p I'm 41. :)

Thanks for the welcome! My goals for February:

1) Lose 8-10 pounds (1 down so far but I'll take anything!) :D
2) Try to increase my 10 minute bursts of exercise several times a day to 15-20 minutes :exercise:
3) To use my soon to arrive pedometer to help increase my walking, even if it's indoors, which in this weather, it sure will be. :running:

Kiwi24
02-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm about to pick up my grand daughter but then I'm going to see if I can find me a meter. Maybe Walmart might have one. I'm curious as to how much I walk a day.

Wish me luck finding one. Oh and I have all the star trek tv shows. They are soo old.( VHS. )

Mama of two
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello Ladies,

I am new here and was living in denile for a long time. I need some help getting started. I know I need to lode weight, but this time I don't know where to start. This past weekend I tried on all my jeans and out of 10 pairs only two fit, i wanted to cry. I just started WW and I have already cheated. I really wish that I could get my mouth wired shut or lose my taste buds:dizzy: So if ya have any suggestions please let me hear'em :D thank so for the help:D

have a groovey day:carrot:

Kiwi24
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome Mamaof2,:welcome2:

I'm doing WW also just started 3 weeks ago. :carrot: I love it but I do go to the meetings. How about you? ;)

I have a great chicken fajitas soup that is only 3 points for 2 whole cups!! It taste wonderful!! Plus it freezes well! Let me know if you want it.

Also I get alot of Kellogg brand stuff because I'm a muncher!! :corn: I have a sweet tooth.:m: :cookie: So I get Kellog protein water, Yogos, mini wheats strawberry delight and now there nutri grain strawberry yogurt!! :D
I really do focus on eating healthy meals but if I need to snack instead of blowing it with junk food I eat low point items. Yogos is only 2 points for a bag and they are sweet and yummy!!:hyper:

Tonight I made a Veg soup with meatballs.:stir: 6 points per 2 cup serving. Limit 6 meatballs. Very good. This is stuff the whole family can eat and enjoy.:hun:

I found my pedometer at Walmart for 3.48. :running: They had a more expensive brand for 10.00 with a radio but I figured I'd try this out first.

I'll chat later
Kiwi

Danni Marie
02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi :wave: Mommaof2:

Welcome :welcome:
I am doing HMR Healthy Solutions you can learn more about them at:
http://www.hmrprogram.com.

I do not work for them I am just a HAPPY DIETER. :cp::carrot:
Alot of hospitals have this weight loss program. The website has a link to check to see if a hospital around you carrys the program or you do it online and they ship your stuff right to your door. ;)
I have tried many many without success :cry: this has been the magic bullet for me right now, I have currently lost 40 lbs. since mid October. I love it, no points to count, no starving feeling.
It is restrictive, but how I was eating before I started this was no help to my figure or my health, so for the time being for me it is time to restrict myself. :tape: :dz:

There are a million diets out there, all with success stories, the key is to find the one that "works" for you, that fits your lifestyle.
Good Luck and glad you are here :hug:
psst...watch out for that Kiwi :devil: ....she is dr. jeckle/mr. hyde :lol: she is soo soo nice at times :angel: then bam the :devil: in her comes out...don't tell her I told you that she might :club: :club: me :lol: jk...she is a sweet old lady who gives out fabulous advice....:rofl: jk (Kiwi and I just joke like this, if you stay with us, we will keep you laughing at best) :lol: :yes:
Glad to have you, I offer lots of words of wisdom, :blah: :blah: maybe they might inspire you or maybe you wish I would just shut up :tape: :tape:

for you today my words of wisdom something to think about:
"if you continue to do what you always done, you will continue to get what you have always gotten". Are you ready for a change? Good Luck :crossed: we will be here to support you :hug:

Danni :val3:

Kiwi24
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Good Morning,

Danni these ladies aren't listening to you. :snooty: They know you are the evil one! :devil: She likes to talk trash! :blah: But I have the cure.:club:
She's just jealous because no matter how hard she works she will never look as good as the KIWI!!:belly: :lol:
Seriously, I can talk like this because I know she really loves me........ and she doesn't know where I live.:kickbutt: :rofl:

Okay I made the soup with meat balls. :dz: Scratch it from your recipe. :write: Yuck!:barf: It needed some flour or tomato paste. Something. Of course I'm not a veg soup person but I thought the meat balls would give it something. :chin: Everyone was just digging out the meat balls and eating them. Uggh!:rolleyes:

Today I will start using my counter. I may even add a walking ticker. I found my self taking faster steps yesterday. The longer route to the fridge!:D

Chat later

Kiwi24
02-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I did my steps yesterday I did 5172 and that was just in my house:running: ....What's up with that? Am I doing that right?:^: I mean if you are suppose to have 10,000 steps a month it seems to me that is done in 2 days. So the question would be why an't I losing more weight quicker?:D

How is everyone doing? It seems I'm was the only one on yesterday. :(

Hope you are doing well.

Kiwi

scalewatcher
02-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Kiwi and Everyone New and Old:hug: . I like the new thread. Glad you left the link cause I have not been on in a week or so :o.

My husband has been out of work a quite abit with back problems:( .

:D Kiwi- I did it oh yea, oh yea. I joined WW last Friday. I am doing the Flex Plan-;) You know that is how I lost the 25 pounds last year. I am so excited about the new start. :D

I have to confess that this week has been tough because of my husband being at home I can't seem to get going as much as I would like. :dizzy:

BTW in walking it is 10,000 step a day not per month.:carrot:

I am going to buy a pedometer but I haven't gotton one yet. I saw one at WW meeting that counts steps and points for activity. I was thinking about buying that one. Did you see it?:smug:

I have to go to the grocery store now cause my husband is back to work and I haven't done much of anything but take care of him the past week.:hug:

SEE YA LATER,
Janette

Kiwi24
02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
OMGosh!!!:D Scalewatcher I can't believe it! I'm sooooo glad you were able to join! :carrot: Are you going to go to the meetings? What day do you go?

10,0000 a day?!:^: Well, that makes more sense.....I went back and looked at what Suz said and sure enough she said a day! I most be in denial!!!:lol: I was wondering why it seemed so easy. So do I combine the points or change up each day? I mean for a ticker. No I didn't see a meter that did that. that would be cool to have. How much was it? I only paid $3.48 for this one at Walmart. Its cheap but does the job.

I'm so glad you are back.;) I've missed hearing from you. Janette!!:hug:

suz
02-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Good morning Ladies

Welcome :welcome: Mama of two Morning Kiwi, Danni and all the newbies We will help all we can but we may need your help or support to

I came off midnights yesterday and my DH and I went to Toronto for the day and we walked for about 4 hrs wish I had my pedometer Only got about 1 hr sleep before we got there I was tired from the walking and very little sleep it was also not a good eating day I will get back on track today and do some exercise also
I think I already posted goals for the month I willdo it again
Lose 5 lbs
Exercise 3x/week for at least 40 mins
Start tracking my steps for each day

lets keep moving and losing Ladies :carrot: suz

Danni Marie
02-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Hello Everyone: :gossip:

Scale glad you found the link to find us :hug: sorry to hear about DH...is he driving you nuts yet being home? :lol: Mine acts like he has never been home before :shrug: or that I have to be his constant entertainment :rolleyes: :dunno: when he was home sick last year, I took time off to help take care of him :angel: he would ask me every morning, so what are "we" gonna do today....like I had TIME..:nono: I would say "WE" are not going to "anything" "I" am going to do the laundry, clean the bathrooms..etc. he was so bored, not sure how we are gonna handle retriement once we get to that...:shrug: :rolleyes: whew got off track and winded sorry..:o

Suz...I "LOVE" Toronto....what a great way to get away for the day, with all the walking you did it should balance out the "not so good" eating :D

Kiwi, ya know WW makes already cooked meals :yes: and maybe the soup was the cause of the cook :chef: not the recipe? :yes: so maybe spare your poor family...:dunno: and STOP Cooking :rofl: I mean come on sister...do you really think meatballs and tomatoes would have saved it? :shrug: just walk away and over to the frozen food section and let someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen handle the cooking :devil: :D
:lol:
Have you tried the bean soup from WW? If I remember correctly, you take a big jar of pinto beans, do not drain, a lg can of diced tomatoes a packet of taco seasoning mix and a packet of ranch dressing, and about can of water the can you used for the diced tomatoes. A can of corn with chilies with the water do not drain, mix and heat and I think 1 cup was 1point and it was pretty good, I dont think you can screw this up :dunno: :lol: JK..feel the love feel the love :hug: ...if I get time today I will pull out my old WW stuff :yikes: and check the points on this cuz I am soooo nice :angel:

I have been doing good in regards to exercise and eating the past couple days, work has been nuts :tantrum: I have walked 10,412 steps each day :carrot: give or take a few steps :shrug: I don't have the numbers here but they were real close.

Remember :blah: :blah:...to FIDGET, :hyper: FIDGETERS burn MORE calories than those who don't so be annoying (Kiwi not hard for you :lol:) :devil: and FIDGET and drink your water to flush out those FAT cells, did you know if you DO not drink your water those FAT cell WILL fill up with water and you WILL NOT see a loss on the scale? :yikes: so drink up..:coffee:

scalewatcher
02-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Good Morning to all:hug:

Kiwi- I go to the meetings on Friday. I don't know yet if I'll continue to go on Fridays after this week. They have meetings a couple times everyday of the week in the mornings at this location; except on Thursday & Friday only have one time in the mornings. I found out that WW is also has evening meetings closer to my home at two different locations, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday at local churches. I am thinking about checking them out. I don't know if they will have the WW items available at those locations like are available at the my original location.

I have a pedometer that I pick-up from Walmart yesterday and I am going to use that for a while; with e-tools I can enter my steps and find out how many :running: activity points I have used for the day.

I have to go to weigh-in :goodscale tomorrow and I hope that I have lost some weight.
:o

My goals are:

stay with-in my points:write:
lose 5 lbs in February :goodscale
walk 10,000 steps a day:running:
Exercise 30 daily:exercise:I have to get going so I can exercise.

WHAT"S UP? Danni, Suz, Missindy

Hey has any body heard from MyIvy lately?

Hope you all have a great day.:)

Kiwi24
02-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Danni you are sooo full of laughs.:dz: I must admit cooking is not my specialty. I really feel for my family at times with what I put them through. I'm sure you understand. Its like that feeling your patients get when you
walk into the room. :devil: :lol:
Seriously, I am impressed with your walking.;)
I guess I will improve over time. :^: Yesterday I actually bumped it up by 2000 more steps than the day before.:carrot: I knocked off 50,000 steps from my total since I started stepping on the 6th. But now that I think about it. I should knock off 20,000 more steps off my total since we are missing 2 days this month. :running:

Janette, what is e-tools? Is that the one on WW? I go to my meetings on Sat. mornings. I don't think I would want to weigh in at night. Only because I've eaten all day and I'm my heaviest at night. I eat differently everyday so I'd be afraid to eat on my weigh in days. I prefer mornings.
I drink my coffee, go to the bathroom (ha ha) and then weigh in. :goodscale

Suz, we all need that little break. Mentally and physically.:cheer2: I believe when we have been very consistent with our eating habits as you have been.:hungry: That when you eat off plan it kind of fools your body and sometimes the weight starts coming off again! :goodscale Maybe you will see a scale change again!!:goodluck:

Momma of 2 where are you? :mag: trekkiegirl, surely you have more to say?:hug: Come on girls where are you? We want to hear from you. :D

missindy
02-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey ladies!

Unfortunately, my story is the same as it has been the last few weeks. I just cannot get started on anything. I have a good couple of days, but then something happens in RL and I just kinda give up. I'm so stinkin pathetic, I know. One of the hard things is that my schedule is so unstructured and super busy now that I eat at weird times (when I eat) and I forget to eat a lot, and then I'm just hungry and so I eat crap.

But, I am trying, and maybe today will be the day I can do it. I'm also going home for that scholarship interview this weekend, so maybe the break from everything will give me a kind of boost.

scalewatcher
02-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Danni- I know how you feel. I must have been posting when you sent this post. :thanks:,My DH is doing better and is back to work. He has had this back problem since 1989. He has bad days and not so bad days, on the bad days he can't walk and he is in serious pain. :hug:

Kiwi- yes e-tools is WW. Thanks for reminding me that I would be weighing in at night:eek: what a disaster that would be.:dizzy: I always weigh about 2 or 3 lbs more at night than the morning.

I pedometer has already recorded 4071 steps:running: since I started using it this morning. :carrot:

I have to go drink some more water. :wave:

trekkiegirl
02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm here. Not feeling particularly :carrot: since I'm in the "ms" part of pms :devil: right now. I'm not gonna even look at a scale for a week! :o Not binging or anything, just feel bloated and tired and waiting for it :devil: :devil: :devil: to be over.
Did get my pedometer, though. Gimme a couple of days and I'll get it crunching numbers. :p

Danni Marie
02-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Happy Friday! :yes:

This week dragged by for me.....:tired:

Well yesterday my steps were 11,104 ! :carrot: does anyone else think that is alot? :lol: I told my boss, I think I need a more sedentry type job..:rofl:

Hope everyone is on track with eating, exercise and drinking their water :coffee:

I am a southern girl stuck up here in this *&%$ :tape: cold weather...my goodness how do you northerners takes this? :shrug: I mean you all walk around like it is no big deal :dunno: The temp has not passed the single digets all week infact it has been well below zero :yikes: who knew that was even possible :shrug: Missindy did you ever get your car fixed? I thought about you in this awful cold. ;)
I am sure that Kiwi is basking in the the sunshine:sunny: :sunny: in sunny FL complaining about how warm it is? :blah: :blah: :blah: come on up here and you will burn mucho calories just trying to stay warm!:fr:
and by the way Kiwi....my patients....LOVE ME :hug: they tell me I am Dannilicious :rofl: :rofl: not to be cofused with Fergie cuz she is Fergolicious...:lol:

Gotta run....get some more steps in and frighten a few more patients..:lol: :yikes:..have a good one ladies and remember

"Nothing taste as good as THIN FEELS"..if ya feel like cheating go out and try on clothes....that will give you incentive to keep eating healthy! :D

Danni :wave:

Kiwi24
02-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Good Morning all,

Dannilicious?Hummm? :barf: No that doesn't work for me!:rofl:

I saw on the news this morning where lake Ontario was freezing. It was weird seeing ice rushing in on the waves. Freezing over there.

I did great yesterday. I got back to eating breakfast lunch and dinner and it differently helped me with my cravings. Missindy if you could some how manage to eat BLD even though your schedule is crazy I think it would help you from benging so much.

We have friends coming in this weekend. Its going to be a very busy weekend. I'm planning ahead for my meals. Sat. we are going to Rodeo's Steak/Seafood house to celebrate Valentines Day. I'm saving my extra points for that night!! Blackend grilled Shrimp, baked potato w/sour cream and butter, salad. I may bring my own butter (tee hee hee)

I accidentally reset my ticker so I have to add what I had to what my new ticker says so I'll figure it out later. I believe is was around 8 thousand steps, so I think I'm slowing getting there.:^:

Have a great weekend.

WamTam
02-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone,
Not sure how to start this, I am new here. I have read some of these messages and they seem so postive. :)

My goal for Febuary
Lose min 4pds max 8pds
10,000 steps a day (will take some time haven't made 7000 yet)
My goal for 2007
Lose 40pds
Lose 20pds by my birthday in July
As for the Pedometer they are wonderful it's amazing how many steps you walk in a day and don't even realize it. I work in a office so don't do much moving around but since getting my pedometer am more aware
Have a good morning all must go back to work:(

missindy
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks Kiwi. I know I need to, but it's not always easy. When I'm lying in bed in the am, all I'm thinking is how to get more sleep, not that I need to eat, so I don't leave myself time. Also, I often just forget to eat. I never understood how anyone could do that until the last few weeks. Maybe I need an alarm? :)

Yesterday was good though. I eat all my meals, but I didn't eat too much. Today is going okay so far. I kinda had lunch food at breakfast, and breakfast at lunch, but other than that it's been okay.

Now I must run to class and then I'm going home! Yea for that!

have an awesome weekend! wish me luck for the scholarship! :D

Kiwi24
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi Wam Tam

so glad you joined us. How is the weather where you are at? Do you have snow?!!

You are so right about the meter. I didn't realize how many steps I took or I should say how few steps I take. Now I find myself taking the long way to get somewhere. Parking my car further away and walking just so I can get in more steps.

Well I've got some missionary friends coming in and I want them to have a clean place to sleep so I better get back to cleaning. ha ha

WamTam
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi Kiwi,
Yes it's cold and yes we have snow the most we have seen in a few years. Avg. temp ranges about -15C in the winter months. Makes it really hard to get out and do things.
I am at 3250 steps so far today but shopping tonite so will get a lot more.
I was so excited to see I had a reply back it's nice to feel welcomed....thank you all. I won't be around again until monday so good luck to all!! Am going to try hard this weekend to stay focused.

scalewatcher
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Hello to everyone:wave: .

I had my weigh - in this morning and I was down 3.6 pounds.:carrot: :dancer:

I am really excited about going to WW. I think this is just the boost I have been needing for sometime now. ;)

Catch you all later.
Janette:hug:

trekkiegirl
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Clocked in just over 10,400 steps today (almost 5.5 miles). :carrot: Most of it was doing my indoor walking, jogging and lame attempts at disco dancing exercises. :p Having the pedometer on encourages me to move more to make the numbers rise. :D :dancer:

suz
02-12-2007, 06:09 AM
good morning Ladies

Well I justed weighed in and again I did not lose any weight :cry: I have to get back on track I am still looking for my other pedometer ,i will have a lot of catching up to do :running: :running: :running: :running: I go to exercise class this morning and that is a good start to the week I just have to maintain healthy eating and portion control and i will do OK

How is everyone else doing? Well I better go and see if I can find my pedometer

lets all keep moving and losing suz :carrot:

Butterfly50
02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey Sorry I have been MIA for a while . My arm is doing sososo. well I can tell you that I watched Tyra today and I was in tears . I seen the 600 pound woman and I thought that if I dont get up and do something now then that will be me. I dont want to be like that . I have to get in gear and get some weight off. Please do me a favor get on my butt and help kick me in gear. I weighed in a few minutes ago and I weighed 290.5 I have to change this I cannot be this Big any more. I have to do something. I will do my best to check in once a day. Please Kick me in my butt and Get me in gear.

Danni Marie
02-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone: :gossip:

Hope everyone had a good weekend..whew did I walk....I think I need new shoes :lol:

Hi WamTam :wave: :welcome:

Scale---congrats :cheer: on the weight loss....you go girl :cheer:
Trek....wow....great walking you are almost as good as me :rolleyes: you know the key word is "almost" :devil: :lol: jk.....great job...keep it up :D :hug:
Here ya go Bonnie :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:... :lol: hows that? :)
Suz...at least you are back on track, and I hear ya :listen: about the portion control..it is sooo easy to eat huge portions isn't it..I have such a false eye on what a REAL portion is..:stress: don't forget your water :)
Kiwi..how did the weekend of house guests go? Did you stay within your points :listen:? Hope you had a nice time, did you weigh in on Sat? :listen:

Well today is my weigh in and I am down another 2lbs.....:carrot: my walking I hate to post, cuz I feel I am at an advantage I walk all day long at my job outside of my 1 hour lunch, then I walk my treadmill for about 45 mins a day 7 days a week, so if you really want to hear it I will post it but if it will discourage anyone I can keep my numbers to my self...I want to motivate not discourge :D

Have a great day! My words of wisdom :blah: :blah:
Change can ONLY begin with YOU! If you are not happy with what you got, only YOU can change what you get! :blah: :blah: :blah:

Danni Marie :wave:

missindy
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Danni-I know I haven't commented before, but I really like your words of wisdom. It helps to have something to focus on.

This weekend was good for me. It was nice to have a break (even though I'm a little behind this week because of it). I feel like I'm good and really back on track today.

In case you are wondering, my interview went ok. I kinda started talking...a lot. Dreamgirls came up, and I just started babbling. I have no idea if I made any sense or not. My chances on getting it are basically whether they like who I am or not.

ugh...class is calling. have a great Monday!

Butterfly50
02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello today went well soo far I went on a small walk and it felt pretty good I will ahve to do it on a daily bases or at least try. Hey Danni thanks for the kick in the pants. I can say I have not wanted to eat much today I will have to make it last a while. well I better be going I have to start dinner.

Kiwi24
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Bonnie, Ellie, Janette, Wam Tam, Danni, Suz, Missindy,:)

Great to see all the post.:D I've had company so it kept me pretty busy. I weighed in Saturday and didn't lose.:o I didn't gain either.;) Anyway I got up this morning and have dropped 2 pounds which means I'm 179. :carrot: Actually it was 179.6 I couldn't believe it!! Of course the trick will be this week to keep in coming down.! I really don't know what happened. I went out Saturday and had shrimp and steak, salad and B.potato? Then Sunday we grilled Hamburgers. I don't know why it decided to drop but I'm excited about it.

Bonnie its great to see you back. :hug: Hang with us girl and I don't think Me or Danni have a problem doing some butt kicking if that's what it takes!:sumo:

Missindy I'm sure they didn't think you were just babbling.:lol: They knew you were nervous and they take everything into consideration. I'm sure you did great!!:cp:

Danni Congrats on the 2 pounds. That's really great! :goodvibes

Ellie that's awesome with the walking. I have to fix my ticker. Can you believe I ended up breaking my pedometer?! I have another one so its okay but I just got that stupid thing. Well, you get what you pay for.:dunno:

Suz, I'm sorry you didn't lose. You are just getting to small and firming up is going to be the only way it comes off I guess!:strong:

Janette, 3.5 pounds!!:cheer: You are AWESOME!!! :congrat: I'm so proud of you girl!:bravo:

WamTam bundle up!!:^: I'm glad you have joined us. I'm also glad you are dong the walking.:cb: I've gotten 7200 steps in today but I don't think I'm going to make 10,000. I've been baby sitting all day.:(

Well its gotten very quite around here which means those kids are into something.:fr: :rofl:

Kiwi

Danni Marie
02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi all: :gossip:

Thanks Misindy :D Lord knows I can talk :blah: :lol: Of course we are interested in how your interview went :yes: let us know as soon as you hear something :listen: It is o.k. that you rambled during your interview...look at kiwi..she rambles and we still love :love: her :hug: :lol: :rofl:

Bonnie...anytime you need a swift :kickbutt: just let us know, here is yours for today...:kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :D "STAY ON TRACK" :o

Kiwi...:cp: :congrat: on the weight lost you are now in the 170's club :dance: you'll be in that bikini this summer struttin :running: the beaches...:lol:

Yesterdays meter read a whopping 12,022 :yikes: I don't know how I ever got "fat" with all that walking...:lol: just think of all the calories I consumed in a day to keep me over 200lbs :cry:

Drink your water today, stay focused and visualize the "you" you want to be and GO GET IT! The only thing stopping you is YOU! :blah: :blah:

missindy
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, I haven't been keeping track of my steps so much, but I've been trying to walk even more than I usually do. I've also been doing a lot better with the eating thing. The only real bad thing I had today was a can of cherry pepsi. And then I went and walked in the freezing cold about half a mile (which I think should count as even more because it was so cold :))

I hope everyone else had a wonderful day. I will be so glad when this FREEZING cold weather is gone for good.

nelle
02-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Denial about who that person is in all of those pictures...one of my daughters said I was erasing myself from memory by not being in any family pictures for years...I was always taking the picture to avoid having to see myself...I can't believe that is what I look like! Thanks for your cute posting;) I am so new at this, it is only my second post and have to figure out a lot of things!

Danni Marie
02-14-2007, 07:06 AM
:val1: :val1: :val1: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE :val1: :val1: :val1:

Missindy...I hear ya :listen: on the cold we just had a snow storm overnight, it is so cold the salt they use on the roads is NOT working :yikes: plus add 10 inches of snow we got along with the wind :tired: we cannot get a break. I think we should do a road trip and go see Kiwi in sunny FL :sunny: who is in? :dunno:

Nelle... I can so relate to the "ghost pictures" I too avoided pictures with my kids, my husband and I too always "took" the pictures...isn't it sad how we let our weight interfer with our lives. :hug: actually it was a summer photo of me that made me bound and determine to lose this awful weight. I saw my refelction in a window and of course talked myself out of "it was me" :rolleyes: and my hubby snapped a picture of me and when he downloaded them on the computer all I could do was cry :cry: :cry:
That is when I knew I had to do something.
If I could do it anyone can I am so weak when it comes to food.
We all will support you all the way. :hug:
Just think by Christmas you can do a "family photo" maybe make that your goal to treat yourself to a "family photo" from a photographer and keep that in your focus? Whatever you choose we are here. :hug:

Kiwi :listen: Kiwi :listen: are u ok? I am getting worried :sp: where are u? everything o.k.? :shrug: I miss your annoying posts...:rofl: Hope everything is ok and you check in soon...:hug: That goes for scale and suz too where ya been? Ladies? :dunno:

Well today is Valentine;s day, where chocolate is all around...before you actually take that piece do me a favor and ask yourself:

:blah: DO YOU LIKE IT ENOUGH TO WEAR IT? :blah: :blah: If the answer is "yes" :yes: :no: then ask yourself , How much are you going to wear? :shrug:
Hopefully this will prevent you from binging on chocolate today! :crossed: :yes: Good Luck... ;)

Gotta go shovel...:tantrum: :tantrum: how many calories do you burn shoveling 10 inches of snow? :dunno: gotta be alot right? :lol:

suz
02-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies
WOW everyone seems to be doing good and lots of new "friends" :welcome: I finally found my pedometer so i can start tracking my steps :running: :running: :running: Danni I also do a lot of walking at work I work on the 9th floor and have to cover down to the first floor
I was away all day yesterday on business it was good but a very long day left at 730am and got back lasr night at 10pm I was very tired

Well if it stops snowing here and the snow plow comes by I will go to exercise class today otherwise i will have to do my exercise tape at home

Keep moving and losing ladies :carrot: suz

Butterfly50
02-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Good Morning I would Like to start off by saying For all of you that has snow I feel for you I lived in Iowa for 5 Years and It isnt fun. Plus HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.

So far all is well I have to get in a routine of good eating habits. I need to get on plenty of water. Plus start exercising. I went to do avideo yesturday and my DVD wouldnt work boy was I soooo mad. Well I want to send out congradulations to everyone who has done Something wonderful this week. I better run and get me some breakfast.

scalewatcher
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Good morning to all:hug: and :welcome3: to all our new freinds.

I am sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. We have friends staying with us a few days and they will be leaving tomorrow. So I haven't had much time for the computer.

Keep up the good work ladies and I'll see you all tomorrow.;)

:val3: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY :val3:

Janette

Butterfly50
02-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey jest had to stop in and say that I have done 58 minutes of Watp today. Wanted to take it light because of my arm. Butt I am feeling good. Now to cleaning the house...... One hurdle down and ready to knock more out of the way.

Kiwi24
02-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I am totally stressing if that's the right word. I am soooooo tired of watching kids!! I'm totally bored out of my mind as an adult by watching kids. Does that make sense. I've raised my kids and I would like to enjoy my grand kids when they come over but not all of them everyday. I dropped to 179 but they make me want to eat all the time. Today I totally blew it. Nothing but snacks. I don't i've gained if I have its only a pound.

I'm ready for these kids to go to school or day care. whatever. I love them I'm just alittle tired of watching them everyday. I guess its just been a bad week for me. too tired to even write.

See ya

WamTam
02-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Happy Valentine's to you all!!
Thank you for such a warm welcome here!!

trekkiegirl
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Happy Valentine's Day! :hug:

So my boss gave us little 4-piece boxes of chocolate..two boxes for me because she wanted me to give one to my mother. I had two pieces tonight and did not experience death by chocolate. :p I'm actually okay with boxed chocolates, they're not a huge temptation to me, especially the really sweet American-made ones. Stick a Reese's peanut butter cup in front of me, though, and I won't be responsible for my actions. :devil:

So after this past week of being my TOM, I was happy to see the scale down 1 lb this morning. :p I feel jazzed again. :D I'm doing alright with the pedometer. Some days I surpass the 10-11,000 steps mark. Some days I do about 7-8,000. Today with the bad weather and being at my desk most of the day at work, the count was lower but I'm gonna get in a little more indoor walking before I go to bed tonight.

Catch ya on the flip side. ;)

Kiwi24
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
I thought I'd get in a few lines before the whole crew gets here. I was so excited that Friday the baby wasn't coming so I told my daughter to see if she could get her G to watch the kids. My DH has the day off so I was going to relax with him. Then my other son calls needing a baby sitter for Friday night 'cause he has youth. So I guess I'll be watching kids Friday night. I need a job so I can get away from all these kids. ha ha ha. Maybe I can work for a daycare.... NOT... ha ha ha My Grand kids are really good all of them are but I feel so wore out. Feeling tired makes me eat. I haven't tracked any of my meals (points) since monday. I stepped on the scales and gained 2 pounds!! I refuse to change my ticker until Saturday. I'm going to see if I can work to get it off and some by Saturday. Water and salad today. I haven't even been exercising. Plus I keep forgetting about my BP pills. I'm taking them all times of the day. I'm suppose to take them at the same time each day and I've been so good with that. Lately, I forget and its late or I'm afraid I'll take it so its to early. UGGGGGGH!!

Okay I'm done now. Sorry but I needed to vent.

Kiwi24
02-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Nelle
I know what you mean about picture taking. That is so funny. I won't let people take my picutures. But sometimes a few get in and OOOOH MY! I can't believe I've let myself get like this. Hang those pictures on the frig Nelle it may help you lose weight. ha ha . As a matter of fact I think I'm going to pull mine out and put it on the fridge right now!

Danni Marie
02-16-2007, 07:43 AM
TGIF :D

Hi Everyone: :gossip:

Hope that everyone is still on their road to healthy eating. :hun: I have been doing pretty good, however have a HUGE obstacle this weekend, going to a Eucure Party and have to bring a dish to pass, hostess requested NO VEGGIE TRAYS :tantrum: she wants us to be creative :rolleyes: it is a party she says and she wants "high" calorie fattening goodies :rolleyes: of course those stick people can request such things right? :shrug: I mean she is a size 2 :rolleyes: Well I am making this totally fattening :yikes: flat bread with tons of cheese, not a big trigger food for me, :cp: but not sure what others will be bringing that might :yikes: wish me luck in the land of the sticks...:rofl:

Bonnie??? :listen: how have things been going? here is your :kickbutt: to last through the weekend...make them last til monday ;) :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:

Suz have you shoveled out yet? I did all that shoveling the other day felt damn good about myself :goodvibes: when I got back in the house took my boots off the *&%$# :tape: plow came down the street and pushed all my hard work back into my driveway :yikes: so I made my son and his friends go out their and clean it up :lol:

Kiwi- sorry to hear you are so stressed...:hug: This weekend you take some much needed rest, people YOUR "age" :devil: should not let themselves get too run down..:lol: and what the heck are you thinking with your BP meds? :kickbutt: do i need to come down there and shove them down your throat everyday? :club: nothing to mess around with dearie..please get a better handle on that :love: please!
Trekkiegirl...wow good for you on the chocolate :carrot: If it was infront of me I would have eatten it all even the box for my mom :o
Scale hope you enjoy your company let us know how the weekend went.
Missindy :listen: any word on how the interview went :dunno: let us know still hoping :crossed: that you get it!

Words of Wisdom for the weekend:
:blah: :blah: Judge not your past, but your future.
Judge not your failures, but your dreams.
Judge not your imperfections, but your possibilities.
There is a thinner you that IS screaming to come out! :blah: :blah:

Have a great weekend! :wave:

Danni :dance:

WamTam
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
TGIF Hello ladies,:)

Kiwi: Take care of yourself! Don't forgot you are number 1! Must stay healthy!

Danni :?: Photos? :?: what are they? The only good thing about a picture now days is you can download and delete if you don't like them. My mom had taken pics of B/F and I at Christmas together. I was so disgusted, couldn't beleive that, that was me AHHH.:moo: Makes me wonder what happened to that cute skinny little thing that lives in side me. But ladies we will make it back there one day!!!
At least that is what i keep telling myself.
Well I hope you all have a good weekend. We are on 2 strait days of snow so will be shoveling lots!! :snow4:
Thank you again Ladies for making me feel so welcome here:cheer:

my ivy
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM
HI, Girls hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day. I did went to dinner got chocolates balloons perfume candles all in a nice basket. I did have 3 or 4 chocolates but did not eat them all :D
:val2: :val3: :val1: I have been exercising 30 min a day. Soon will get to size 8 I hope I just can't wait well got to go cook my dinner.........

take care

Kiwi24
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm Back Baby!!!

I had no kids Friday and I got alot of things done that I needed to do!! I also got my weight back undercontrol. I was working really hard Thur and Fri so I wouldn't show a gain and I weighed in this morning and had lost 3 pounds!! Of course that was the weight I had already lost that got me to 179 but I'm so glad I'm back in the 70's and I planned to keep dropping.

Thanks for all the good vibes all of you sent my way. I really needed it. Danni I will deal with you and your comment later when I have time. ha ha

I have to leave but wanted to tell everyone I was okay.

WamTam thanks for the encouragement.

Danni Marie
02-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone :gossip:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My weekend was not too good. I ate a lot of things that I was not suppose too :yikes: and was really dreading the scale this morning...:cry: but when I got on the scale this morning :goodscale: I was pleased to see a 2 lb. loss :dance: :dance: I was pleasantly surprised. :cp:

Kiwi :listen: :listen: comment? :shrug: what comment? :shrug: but if you feel you need to "address" it, "bring it sister" :club: hit me with your best shot :frypan: or are you still gathering your thoughts?:dunno:
You know Kiwi, they say people your age :devil: need to do puzzles to keep their minds sharp, so you don't suffer from "oldtimers disease". :chin: :chin:
You should try them to keep your mind sharp...:devil: :devil: :devil: I really hope :crossed: that is NOT what is happening to you! :rofl: :rofl: jk jk jk jk :lol: Glad you are back. :hug:

Ivy glad to hear from you!!!! :D

Wam Tam you poor thing having to shovel the snow :?: look on the bright side :sunny: all those calories you burned :cp: keep it up it is the little things that add up to great loss :cp:

drink your water....

Danni Marie :wave:

missindy
02-19-2007, 01:30 PM
So, this weekend was...a weekend. It was crazy. Work was decent on Friday, and then I get done and my car won't start. That was kinda the last straw for me. Had a minor mental breakdown Friday night. It's good though. It's been coming for a few weeks now, and I'm feeling a lot better about just everything right now. I think it was also the final kick I needed to start this diet thing. I'm not having as bad cravings anymore. I even lost 3 pounds between Thursday and today.

Right now, I'm freaking out because this afternoon is when I find out about the scholarship. Holy cow. You have no idea how important this is. Oh my gosh. My legs will not stop bouncing.

Oh, are any of you into NASCAR? The Daytona 500 was yesterday and it was crazy!

And I'm just now realizing how rambly I'm getting, so I will stop. Have an awesome Monday y'all!

suz
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
good day ladies
we had our daughter her all weekend with her new BF and it was so cute he asked my Dh if it was OK to ask her to marry him we said it was Ok by us and that she seems so happy
well after this busy weekend being so busy and over eating I am up a lb that makes me very unhappy I will have to work harder
I better go suz

Danni Marie
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
:congrat: Suz :cheers: :high: you are getting a new son in law, how sweet. Will it be a big wedding? What an exciting weekend! :hug:

Missindy I am a NASSCAR FAN! :cp: "Good Luck" with your scolarship :crossed: keep us posted!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hope the rest of you are doing good! :hug:

Danni :queen:

Kiwi24
02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Morning you beautiful ladies :wave: and Danni,:p

Had a great weekend. Stayed within my points so far. Weight stayed the same over the weekend. Usually, I have the big jump on monday morning and then struggle to maintain all week. So maybe I will see the weight drop during the week!! :goodscale

Missindy Congratulations on the 3 pounds!!:congrat: Sorry to hear about the slight break down.:dizzy: Sounds like you must have had a major hissy fit!! :tantrum: I feel sorry for the person who was in your path at the time of your explosion. :frypan:
I said a prayer for you and your scholarship this morning. :hug:

Suz congratulations on the new son in law to be. ;) Finding a good one is so important. :lucky: My daughter is getting married in July and her BF is a sweetheart. :congrat:

Wam Tam, I am freezing here! :brr: Are you sending me your cold weather?! Someone told me the other day that they actually saw snow flurries!:snowglo: Crying out loud I'm having to wear a sweater these days.:shocksn: Well, I guess its hard to take my complaining seriously when YOU are having to shovel snow. Well, try to have fun with it! :snow4:

Danni, OLD? :rollpin: You talking to me?:boxing: Girl, you don't want none of this. :sumo: I put the Wop in Woppin! :club: The difference between you and me is I make my age group look good! :belly: But that's okay I know you have this jealousy thing about me. :devil: I don't blame you. It must be hard to except the fact that even though you currently weigh less than me I still look better than you. :D Oh and Congrats on the weight loss. :rolleyes:
Just kidding!! ;) Seriously, :congrat: :hug:

missindy
02-20-2007, 10:03 AM
It's kinda funny because the reason I had the break down was actually because I had no one. I couldn't reach a single person. So, I kinda just caved in on myself. It was good though. I bawled a bunch, and I watched Catch & Release online (very good movie, you should go see it).

I got a scholarship; the smallest amount. I know I should be happy, and I am, but in the long run, this doesn't help much. So, I'm basically stuck here this summer. That's fine though because one of my best friends is staying as well.

But enough about that. My diet is going super right now. Exercise is not as good, but yesterday I literally had no time. I know we usually think that, but this time it was true. I got up at 5, worked on my articles, went to a meeting at 8, then did homework, went to class, went back to work and then ate dinner went to class for 3 hours last night, finished my articles and went to bed around 12:30. Ugh. I hate Mondays!

I'm gonna try harder with the exercise today. It's so nice outside it feels a waste to be inside all day.

peace

trekkiegirl
02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Checkin' in. ;)

I just discovered Lean Pockets tonight, lol. I had never bought them before but they were on sale this week so I thought, oh what the hey, lemme try 'em. Got the pepperoni pizza ones, 280 cals. Pretty good. :D

Having fun with my pedometer. :carrot: Got past 14,600 steps on Saturday, my highest yet. :D

I've been reading in other threads about those Enell sports bras, so I got a couple off ebay, hoping they come in the next day or two. I wanna see if they're as good as folks say at keeping the mammaries motionless. :p I'm tired of groping myself. :whoo: I'm beginning to feel like I should charge myself $500. :smoking:

suz
02-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Good morning ladies

missindy My DH and I are NASCAR fans as well actually my Hubby was very good friends with the owner of Hendriks motors and Jimmie J is a nephew of my Hubbys we had company all weekend so did not see the race

Danni the wedding will probably not be a big one as it will be her 3rd marriage and his 2nd Her last husband was a very heavy drinker they have not set a date as of yet but will keep everyone posted

Well ladies I have more news... This weekend will be the last time I have to work midnights as of March 5th I will work straight days until I retire in late July It will be nice not to work every other weekend and be home every night I may actually start to feel human again I have been so tired I wont even be doing the job I was doing before I will be working on special most of the time so every day will be different no set time to be doing tests

enough about me how is everyone else doing?

Keeep moving and losing suz :carrot:

Danni Marie
02-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone :gossip:

Trekkiegirl - wow :congrat: on your walking, :yay: impressive numbers :cp: keep up the great walking :running: Lean pockets? never had them were they any good? Was it 280 calories for 1 or for 2? I look for the most food for the least amount of calories :o that is why veggies have become my new best friend :hug:

Bonnie? :listen: where have you been? :shrug: Do you need more butt kicks? :kickbutt: :kickbutt: here are few to get you back...:p :p

Missindy :hug: sorry the scolarship was not what you were hoping for. Congrats :cheer: on the weight loss :yay:

Suz...good for you :cp: I am happy you are getting a shift you will like better until you can retire :yay: :yay: Maybe now you will feel energized :dance: with better sleep and your loosing weight....you will be a brand new you! :yay: :cp:
Hope your daughter has found her true love :love: :hug:

Kiwi, :nono: Kiwi :nono: Kiwi :nono: Wop in whoopin? :shrug: I am sorry but all I can do is :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :rofl:
And as far as beauty....girl pleassseeeee I am "DANNILICIOUS" :yes: and now that I have lost 43lbs :yay: :cheer:
Men adore me :goodvibes and women FEAR me :yes:

Glad to see your spunk is back, I really did miss you...:hug: That is the only time you will hear me say that :snooty:

Well ladies...keep moving, and drink your water a slimmer you is right around the corner :yes:

Kiwi24
02-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Good Morning,:coffee:

Trek, if you like the lean pockets then try the breakfast ones.:carrot: My son loves those too. He also likes the Ham and cheese. I've never heard of the bra you are talking about. :shrug: Let me know how that works. If it doesn't work let me know where to send you the 5 bucks because that visual you sent us had me tears :rofl:

Yeah Suz, I know you are glad to get off that shift.:D What are you going to do when you retire? :beach:

Scalewatcher, how is WW working for you. How much weight have you lost?:goodscale

Danni that is awesome that you have lost 43 pounds!!:carrot: Of course I always knew that you had SOOOOO much more to lose that me.:devil: Meow, psst psst! :lol:

Wam tam did you get swallowed by the snow?:listen:

Bonnie, are you need some encouragement today? :club:

Missindy, hooray for the scholarship. I'm sorry its not the one you wanted but money is money and that means less out of your pocket!;)

I worked on my bathroom last night until 1:00 am. :tired: Wall paper and border. Paint. Woke up this morning to find the border peeling off.:yikes: Now that I've tore my bathroom apart I have to finish. We ate pizza last night :jeno: so I hope the workout helped burn some of the calories.:^:

Well, I'll go for now

Kiwi

WamTam
02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Good morning Ladies,
:sunny: Yesterday we had our first bit of sunshine but was short lived!! It's snowing again today:snowglo: The climate here is normally really dry but cold this winter we have had the most snow that i can remember. And it's really cold :shocksn: -28c this morning with a windchill taking it down to -32c BRRRR.
I have been trying to send a note the last couple of days but had a crazy weekend. Was supposed to be quiet, ha should have know better.:dizzy: Friday night bf his son and I met up with another couple and there daughter to take in a movie. After the movie went out to get into our vehicles the other couples Jimmy had been stolen and in the process of stealing there vehicle they smashed the back end of my car:mad: :mad:. So been getting estimates on the damage from the body shops and waiting on the insurance company and the police. I have done all I can do but need to still get a police report. Turned out to be a very expensive movie........
Ever feel like you are getting ahead to only be knocked on your butt again!!
I have to go to work but will try and check in later.
Have gained 2pds but am not changing things yet:?: Hope it will be gone by weeks end.
Have a great day all i love reading your posts give me encouragemt....:D

momtu2
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
hello ladies!
i don't know if anyone here remembers me (besides kiwi!!), but i was one of the original members of this group, and then 3FC got weird on me and i couldn't log in for MONTHS! i've missed it sooo much!
so for those that don't remember me, let me re-introduce myself!
i'm tracy, 27. stay-at-home-mommy to 2 gorgeous children. hayley is 2 and mason is 1.
weight was never an issue for me as a kid. i was always average sized. as an adult i gained some weight, worked out like a madwoman and lost it pretty easily. got pg w/my dd weighing 150 gained 40ish LBS. lost it all but 8LBS by my 6wk check up. got pg w/DS when DD was a mere 8 mos old. went in for my first pre-natal checkup and weighed (eeks) 180! that's not baby weight when you lost it and gained it back!!! delivered DS at 205 (yikes) in nov/05. in july/06 i decided it was time to do something about it. i weighed 182 (an all time not pg high for me) i was down to 165, then i spent a week in FL and gained 3lbs!! i got back on friday, now i weigh 168 and i'm ready to drop the rest of this weight!!!
140 here i come!
i'm glad to be back, i hope ya'll will have me!!
kiwi, i saw your weight loss on your ticker, GREAT JOB!!!
((HUGS))
tracy

trekkiegirl
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Howdy,

Danni - The Lean Pocket pepperoni pizza was 280 cals for 1. It's about 6 inches long. I enjoyed it. I've basically been adapting this weight loss thing to me so I've been eating stuff I like and trying stuff I think I'll like, just lowering calories, modifying portions, substituting things, etc. Fruits and veggies are included but so are 100 calorie-pack Cheez Nips. :D Maybe I should have made my screenname SaltCheesy. :o

Kiwi - $5.00???????:yikes: That was $500 I said. :love: For $5.00 I'll flash you my belly button, though. :chin:
I did have the Breakfast Lean Pockets this morning. I got the Bacon, Egg and Cheese ones. Also good. :T It's nice for when you want to have something quick yet filling.

:belly: Here ya go. I accept Paypal. :goodvibes

Kiwi24
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Trek I said you sent me a visual not a video!:lol: I stand at $5.00 you belly stripper!:devil: :lol3: J/K!:hug:

Welcome back Momtu2. :hug: its good to have you here again. :yay: Thanks for noticing the weight loss.:carrot: 3 pounds isn't that bad for a vacation. I know you will get the rest off!;)

OMGosh WamTam, What a scary weekend!:eek: Have they found your friends car yet? :crossed: Hope he had insurance to supply him with a temp. car. :moped: I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. But when I feel out of control I realize who has control and I just turn it all over to the Lord. I'll be praying for ya.:hug:

suz
02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Morning Ladies
Welcome back momto2
Kiwi , Danni You 2 are so funny :rofl: If I did not know better I would think you 2 really know each other!!!!!

when I retire (my DH is already retired) we will be very busy we have a large veggie garden (we are enlarging it more that will make it close to 1/2 acre) then we plan to sell extra stuff at Farmers market We also both fish there is my exercise class and I also have some other Ladies I will be golfing with We have a trailer in Michigan and a Family home on a lake about 1 hour from the house, but I think for the first couple of days I will watch the grass grow LOL that takes care of the summers and I think we will do some traveling in the winter. I can't wait do just what ever i want or nothing at all :beach:

Enough about me :blah: :blah: How is everyone else doing?

keep moving and Losing Ladies suz

scalewatcher
02-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Good morning all:hug:

I just wanted to check in and say I have just read all of the post for the past week. SOOOOO FUNNY. SOOOOO SERIOUS. ;)

I have been really busy with my "Visiting Friends" But they have gone home now. :dizzy:

Kiwi- at WI last Friday I was up .2 pounds. I figure that is not too bad considering that I had to entertain for days...I WI tomorrow. :goodvibes I am hoping to lose. I have lost 3.4 pounds since 2-2-07 when I started WW.

Gotta run for now:wave:

momtu2
02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
morning ladies!
i hope everyone had a good day yesterday.
i weighed today and i've lost 2.5 of the lbs that i gained while on Vacation!! YAY! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
i guess it's going to come off easier then i thought.
i'm going to have to really push to motivate myself to exercise today. the kids got up before 6am :dizzy: :dizzy: bleck. i hate before 6am wake ups.
well, i hope you all have a great day!
tracy

Kiwi24
02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Way to go Momtu2!! :bravo: I have to be strict for the next couple of days because I've been cheating a bit and put on a pound.:( I'd like to lose at least a 1 pound plus the pound i gained by Sat. I weigh in on Sat at WW meeting.

Scalewatcher did you notice who is back?! :yay: I think you did great not to gain while company is here. :cp: Company makes me eat more. ;)

Suz, your retirement plans sound so nice.:beach: :moped: We own horses so we have alittle over 3 acres to let them run around on. I decided one day I was going to have a Veg garden and start canning my food. :^: Good grief!! I fenced off an area for me. Did the work and watched the fruit of labor begin to sprout. :carrot: Then one day I woke to find the horses had managed to break the fence down and what plants they didn't eat they stomped! :sumo: I managed to salvage some of my Veggies but decided that I'd let the
"little green giant"(store can food) do all the canning in this family! :rofl:

As far as me and Danni, :hug: No we don't know each other.:dunno: But I know her type. :dizzy: I guess its a good thing we don't live next to each other. :chin: She tries so hard to emulate me. :hyper: I know how much she wants to be like me. :cloud9: But there is only one Kiwi :encore: and it would be so hard for her to always be walking in my shadow.:kickcan: I care to much about her for that.:club: So I will allow her to admire me from afar!:D :devil:

DoinItForSkyler
02-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello ladies, mind if I jump in here???

I just had a baby about 2 1/2 months ago and within a month lost all of my baby weight! I have since gained back 16 POUNDS!!!

I stepped on the scale the other night and had a true "OH CRAP..THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT!" moment!!!

Kiwi24
02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Brittney!! :lol3: I love it!! Don't you just love those stupid scales!:lol:

Welcome :hug: and I believe you will fit right in with the rest this denial group!:D

I can't believe how the weight slips up on us.:tantrum: I am a scaleaholic now because of it! :goodscale This time if I gain some weight I'm going to know about it before seeing my reflection :yikes: or being in shock at a picture!:rofl:

WamTam
02-22-2007, 12:25 PM
:) Good morning
It's still snowing and oh so cold!!:(

:flow1: Kiwi, we still have not recovered the stolen vehicle and because the police report is not done, the insurance is in limbo too. The good thing is, we are all ok and no one was injured...:angel:

Suz :dance: have to agree with you in regards to Kiwi and Danni. I get a chuckle everytime i read there posts. Fresh veggies :carrot: sure miss having them.

:hun: Have a dinner planed this weekend for friends coming in from out of town, am sure they would like us to do our regular:jeno: :burger: but i am a new woman. So salad, chicken and veggies of some sort. Hope they don't starve to death.......

:welcome2:Brittney!!:wave:

Must get my butt to work :sssh: am supposed to be there.

Not sure i will get back here until after the weekend. So have a great one ladies :cheer:

momtu2
02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
hey ya'll! i plan on doing a personal mini goal/challenge for myself so i thought i'd see if anyone wanted to join me?:dance:
so...i guess i'll post my goals/plans, and then anyone who wants to join, please just add on!
ok. so today i weighed 167. my goal is to be ANYWHERE in the 150's by april 1st. :cb: :cb: :dancer:
how i'm going to do it...stay in my points range mon-fri, w/a LITTLE more slack on the weekends by using some of my flex points.
i will also continue to do some kind of physical activity everyday.
good luck to all who decide to join in!

:wave: hi brittni! i did the exact same thing you did after my DD was born! i hope you will join right in and good luck losing!

Kiwi24
02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Lets see by April 1st? I would like to lose 7 pounds by April 1st. That would put me in the low 70's.

Momtu2 I'm on the flex too. If you like Choc. I just found a WW candy. Its made by Whitman candies. 3 pieces is 1 point. Its choc. nougat. Very good.

WamTam good luck with the friends. don't let them sabotage you. Plan your meals. :)

suz
02-23-2007, 07:06 AM
morning to all

Momtu2 I am in for the mini challenge here are my goals

I currently weigh 164 by April 1st I would like to be 156 or lower
I will do this by eating healthy and portion control ,cardio workout 3x/week and daily walks I live in a small valley so walking is all up hill from here

Kiwi I also have 1 old quarter horse mare (32 this year) but she has almost 4 1/2 acres to roam on she has never gotten into the garden but has gotten out a few times but does not go far

I better go I have exercise class this morning (step class) not real good at ir but really like it since I am going on to day shift at work on March 5th I will only be able to go to 3 more classes then it will be up to me to keepit going I will need lots of support and butt kicking from all of you

Lets all keep moving and losing who else is up for momtu2 challenge? suz

scalewatcher
02-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Good Morning to everyone.

I have to go to WI this morning. Send me all your good vibes. I hope I have some loss.

momtou- I like the challenge. My goal is to lose 5 lbs by 4-1-07.

Got to get going so I'm ready for the meeting. I'll post later.

Danni Marie
02-23-2007, 08:58 AM

:welcome: Momtu2 and Brittney :welcome:

I had computer problems yesterday and thought I was gonna be off line for a long long time :cry: The problem is fixed :carrot:

Suz I have a huge veggie garden. I LOVE fresh fruits and veggies. I do not like fruit trees because they bring so many darn bees and my dh is allergic but I do love my garden. :D Love to fish too, do you ice fish? :D :coolsnow:
We do :D

WamTam have ya thawed out any? :hug: We had freezing fog yesterday, has anyone ever heard of freezing fog? :shrug: I never knew. We are getting an ice strom this weekend...whoo hoo cannot wait..:rolleyes: Stay on track this weekend and good luck!

Trekkiegirl - I will have to try the lean pockets they sound like something I would like :D But when I used to weigh over 200lbs there was NOT much I did NOT like :o

Scale - glad u are back :hug: good vibes sent to you :crossed:

Bonnie :listen: :listen: where are U????????

Kiwi :nono: Kiwi :nono: :yawn: the only horse you have is a "high horse"
:lol3: that you need to get knocked off of :kickbutt: and I AM the one to do it :club: :club: :lol3:
I am sorry at your AGE :devil: you must be getting so so delusional :?: Maybe alert a family member so they can check that out for ya :lol3:

Seriously..I wish Kiwi and I did live near each other just think of the :lol: we would have. :hug:

Stay strong over the weekend ladies :dust: and remember before you "cheat" ask yourself "DO YOU LIKE IT ENOUGH TO WEAR IT" long after the weekend is gone :blah: :blah:

Have a great one!!!!!!!!

Kiwi24
02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone!:wave:

Okay momtu2 I'm changing my goal. :carrot: I think we are going on a cruise early part of April :woohoo: so I need to lose more than 7 pounds. I want to be in a 14!! :belly:

So tell me the truth. Danni, Suz, you may know the answer to this question.:listen: If I start exercising (real exercise:strong: ) will that actually hurt me as far getting this weight off quicker? :halfempty I know in the long run its better for me. But since I only have a month would it be pointless and actually make me gain. :chin: I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that stuff. But is it possible to actually lose enough inches in 30 days to drop a whole size. :smug: If so what exercise is best.:running: :exercise: :bike2: :ebike: :workout:
I'll find out today rather or not we are going. :cp:

Danni I've never heard of freezing fog. It makes sense. Fog is mist and mist is water. It must be extremely cold where you are. :brr: Are you in Ala.or Mich.? I thought I knew but I guess I forget! ;)
Our warm weather has come back. :sunny: I'm loving it!!:D Soooo sorry for all you cold weather states. :^:
Danni all kidding aside. You know I like messing with ya.:lol: (you're such a easy target) oops I did it again! :rofl: Wouldn't it be great ladies if we could all meet up one day. :grouphug: We could book a suite here on the beach and stay for the weekend! :beach: We'll have to do that one day ladies!! :yay: Not anytime soon, I have a cruise to think about,:D but some day we'll have to do it!!:grouphug:

Good luck Scalewatcher! My fingers are crossed for you.:crossed: Hey have you tried those spoons WW has? :D 1 cup and 1/2 cup. At first I thought they were silly to get because I have measuring cups. But later I got and now I absolutely love them. That is all I use now. :stir:

Suz, Quarter horses is what we have also. We have 3. My DH and son ride alot. Me not so much. Personally, I'm ready to get rid of all of them and buy a boat! The horses that is. :lol: I love the water.:swim:

Everyone stay fit over the weekend! don't cheat and drink plenty of water!

momtu2
02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
:coffee: <<<man i miss my full-fat/sugar starbucks!
morning ladies! how is everyone today? i'm glad to see so many people wanting to join in the mini challenge!!
anyone who's doing WW i got a yummy chocolate muffin recipe that i made this morning. it's pretty good, and they're only 1 pt each. i'll post the recipe if anyone is intrested, or i can PM you w/it.
kiwi:omg! you are going to have sooo much fun on your cruise! we went on one on our honeymoon and had a blast. i'm so jealous! we still have snow on the ground:devil:
oh, i also bought a new video last night that i tried this morning. Walk Away the Pounds. i really liked it. it's fun, and the work outs are quick so i can get them done before the kids are under my feet needing something.:carrot:
oh! my dh came home w/some sinfully yummy looking coffee cake last night. filled w/some kind of cream cheese filling. :mad: :censored: oh i was so mad at him! i had one bite of his last night and made him take it to work this morning so it wasn't here to tempt me. go me! :cheer2:
well, i hope everyone does well this weekend, i know that's the hardest days for me. gotta love donut sunday :o
i don't think i'll be around much this weekend. my DS (15mos) has been crabby and lethargic today so i think he's probably getting sick. so if anyone has any healthy baby vibes i could use them.
have a great weekend ya'll.
:grouphug:

scalewatcher
02-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Great news Ladies:hug:

At WI I lost 1.8 pounds. That makes me down 5.2 for since 2-2-07. :cp:

Danni-Thanks for the :goodvibes .
I am on :cloud9:. I am going to :write: :running: :exercise: everything more carefully. Hopefully I can lose more weight next week.

momtu2- I sending :goodvibes to DS.

Kiwi- I have not tried them. However, I did but the WW pedometer today. The one I bought at Wal-mart keep losing my totals and starting over. I will try it tomorrow.

Kiwi24
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Weighed in this morning. Didn't lose but I didn't gain!! So I'm happy and now I can start fresh today.

Congratulations Scalewatcher on the weight loss! That means you got your first star!! You are soooo awesome! I am 6 pounds away from my getting my key chain!! Wahoo!!

Well I'm going on a cruise!! So I would very much like to be in a 14 when I leave so I'm still waiting on someone to give me some quick tips!! I have 6 weeks to lose 1 size smaller than I am or at least as close to it as possible. Any advice? Special exercise? Target areas would be stomach and legs. I guess just leg lifts and stomach crushes Huh?

missindy
02-24-2007, 11:38 PM
hey everyone! I'm just stopping by to say hey. I kinda came down with extreme sickness in my chest yesterday, so now I'm just trying to focus on not dying. I worked last night. 7 hours of serving with 3 big tops including a girls basketball team. It was horrible torture.

Well, I hope you guys are doing well. Once I get well enough to get my brain working again, I'll post my goal for April 1st.

Have a great weekend.

suz
02-25-2007, 03:26 AM
here i am at work with only 16 hrs left of midnights to work YEAH

Danni yes we ice fish but not this year yeat it was so mild here until mid Jan some lakes the ice is not that thick yet
I do not have any fruit trees either as my DH is also allergic to bee stings would be dead in 30 mins without his epi pen

Kiwi what type of exercises do you do, what intensity, for how long If you do the same thing every day your body gets to used to it At exercise class we do 2 different cardio workouts and on 1 day we do a step class If you are going to do weights just do lights 2 or 3 lbs just for toning and only do weights every other day i hope that helps

Well better get back to work suz

scalewatcher
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
:hug:Good Morning to everyone.

Suz- I'm glad that you are finished with the midnight shift. Thanks for the posting about light weights for toning. I was wondering about that also.

I have been doing very well this weekend. I am just trying to keep on being good for the rest of the week. I weigh in on Fridays.

Missindy- I hope that you are feeling better.

Where Is everyone today?

Kiwi24
02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Good Morning!
I think I'm going on the 3 day diet to give myself a jumpstart again. How's everyone else doing this morning?

Yesterday to church I wore a suit. A size 16 pants and a 14 jacket!! Everyone told me how small I was looking!! Wahoo! I'm still not in a 14 'cause I couldn't button the jacket so I left it open but it still looked good and fit everywhere else!

WamTam
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
:sssh: Happy Monday Ladies……

Hope you all had a good weekend. Am 1 pound down from last week!!!Yippy:carrot:

Scalewatcher Congratualtions :yay:

Kiwi am sure you will be seeing a size 14 again very soon….. :goodvibes

Danni it’s still really really cold up here.:coolsnow: We have about 6 weeks of winter left

Missindy :( hope you are feeling better.

Momtu2 my goal for 4/01/07 to be under 238pds. Try to stay on track and cut back my portions. (Love pasta) Drink 88-96oz of water per day. I will float if I am not careful;)

Took another step towards my goal bought myself a rowing machine :cheer2: this weekend!! Have to wait for it to come in but should be within the next month on back order.
Can’t wait though, although by the time it gets here the snow will be gone and it will be warm again.:dance:

Must get back to work
Tammy

suz
02-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Morning Ladies
Well i am finished with midnights for ever :woohoo: :woohoo: I did not weigh in yesterday as we had a busy day I came got a couple of hours sleep then off to meet with 8 friends from church We were all going to this local small winery for a private wine and cheese party It was very interesting gave us some history on the winery and how they are made they try to use all local ingredients (theu make mostly fruit wines) we were there for about 2 hrs and tasted about 6 or 7 different wines then we all went out for dinner so to make a long story short I weighed myself this morning and I am up 2 lb so if i want to get down to 156 by april 1st (that will make it 10 I have to lose ) I will really have to work hard :lifter: :running: :exercise: :workout:

Hope everyone else is doing good Danni I need some butt kicking I can hear tou catching up

suz

Butterfly50
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies I am finally able to check in . I lost my Phone a few days ago. They Grated the dirt road and dug the ditch out and snapped my phone line. Getting some pretty spring weather here today is susposed to be 73. Have been busy trying to get ready to get the ground ready for a garden . I jest love that. All ready started growing Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Lettuce, Cabbage, Peppers, Squash, Zucchni, so much I canteven remember it all.
I believe I am gettting in slight depresion and I dont want to go their. But I have been getting depressed about my weight . I am almost 300 again and I dont want that. I have noticed that I have been doing the closet eating. I know that makes me feel bad. But I need to do something... My cusion told me I should try the Dexatrim Natural. I jest want to get my hungry levels down so I can start seeing something here. I did wonderful yesturday I worked out for 55 min and rode my new recumbent bike and then in the evening I was soooooooooo Hungry I wanted to eat everything and I almost did. That made me feel even worse. Then all I start to feel depressed because theynhave soo many shows on Tv . Right now Montel is having something on with people who struggle with weight loss. I need to figure something out I dont want to die as big fat woman... well Ibetter be going I have soo much things I need to get done.........

scalewatcher
02-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Bonnie- I am sorry to hear about your depression. I know how you feel I have Major Depression Disorder. I think that it is important for you to refocus. You should try to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories. Just don't add alot of fat to them if you cook them. Raw is best. I like to steam them. Sometimes I just blanch them. If you choose to eat these types of foods when you are hungry it will make you feel good about your self. It sound like you are keeping busy by planting a garden. Keeping busy should help with the depression. When I am feeling really low I go for a walk. It really helps me. I hope that this helps. I will be praying for you. Keep in touch. :hug:

momtu2
02-27-2007, 02:33 PM
hey girls!
so it hasn't been the greatest week thus far. i changed my work out times to earlllyyy am and it did NOT work out for me at all! i was FAMISHED all day and ended up binging on food i didn't need. anyway, i changed work otu time to naptime (noonish) and that worked well today. my dh brought home girl scout cookies last night:dizzy: . thin mints are my downfall! anyway, i checked the servings, 4 cookies = 4 points. so i had 4 after lunch and so far have successfully resisted eating the rest of the box! :carrot: :carrot: yay! i don't even want anymore now!
i hope ya'll hav ehad a good week!

Butterfly50
02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks Scale Watcher . I am going to try fresh tomorrow. The guy on montel said that you can only get used to doing this by getting back up and get back on the horse So Tomorrow I will Be getting back on the horse. I have to it is what is best.. well Let you know how things goooo.

Kiwi24
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Bonnie, This is what I used to do when I cheated. :D I would cheat and then feel bad :( and say I was going to start all over tomorrow.:carrot: Since I had already cheated that day I would eat whatever I wanted :chockiss: :mcd: (which usally meant eating a box of snow ball cakes:lol: )because I was going to start fresh tomorrow. :^: Then when tomorrow would come I'd start over. If I cheated I would repeat the above cycle.:devil: Needless to say, 200 pounds later I'm wondering how I gained all this weight. :rofl:
The key is consistency. ;) Start small Bonnie, but be consistent. Try cutting out startches or sweets.:m: Quit beating yourself up and making yourself feel bad because you cheated.:frypan: We all cheat.:grouphug: I still cheat.:sssh: I cheated yesterday.:D But I didn't cheat all day and I'm back on track today. :cp: Today is the day to make the difference so start today. :hug:

missindy
02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes. I finally went to the "hospital" on campus after coughing up blood this morning, and I have bronchitis. Totally sucks cause I feel horrible. It's funny cause I sound better than I did just yesterday, but I feel a lot worse.

Course, I'm losing weight cause I can't eat, so that's good. :) (yeah, I know, not really, but I'm trying to find a plus)

I've been reading your posts, and I think about ya, but my brain is just focused enough to comment on anything specific.

bye y'all :)

scalewatcher
02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
:bravo: :carrot: Great new this morning- I am :cp:196.2 :goodscale I am almost back to where I was (195) when I injuried :mad: my knee in Sept.:D I hope :^: that when I weigh in on Friday that I will be at 195 or even LESS.:p I am so proud of ME:o . I have been eating OP:write: and :exercise:Exercising:running: daily:workout:. I know that is the reason for success.;)

SORRY- for going on about ME but I am so excited :cloud9:I just had to share.

Gotta go and exercise then it is off to shopping. I try to post again when I get back home. :wave:

Butterfly50
02-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks Kiwi,
So far I have done well I got up this morning and ate breakfast. I dont really start to want to cheat until the evening time and when the kids and the hubby is home and snacking on things. I am going shopping saturday so I will have to pick me up something healthy . I bought a new taoe Last night and I am going to try it today. well Let you know how it goes.....

Day One ?

Kiwi24
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
:p Way to go Scalewatcher!!:bravo: That is so awesome. :carrot: What is OP? :?: Continue on Girl!!:goodscale

Missindy, I'm sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope you get back on your feet quickly. :getwell:

Bonnie, You can do it.:carrot: Since you know you cheat in the evenings why not prepare for it. Pull out some 99% fat free pop corn and munch on that when you start wanting something.:corn: Be sure to eat B/L and Dinner or you will get hungry and want to cheat:high: . If possible set a time to eat. Like Breakfast by 10 Lunch by 2 and Dinner by 5 or 6. What ever works for you. Baby Steps!!:hug:

Momtu2, Good for you for refraining from the GS cookies.:cookie: I love those things!! :T That's the thing I like about WW you can still eat the things you like but not the whole box!!:lol:

Suz Congrats on saying good bye to Midnights!! :D Except when spending them with hubby! ;)
I did get a chuggle out of your Party!!:lol: So if I heard you correctly this is what you said........ You and some of the ladies from CHURCH :angel: all had a PRIVATE party :sssh:which was all about DRINKING WINE! :cheers::woohoo: :tired: :faint: I bet it was private!!:stars: :lol3: I'm telling the preacher! :blah: Oh no, what am I thinking....YOU'RE MARRIED TO HIM!!:rofl:

Wam Tam how you surviving?:brr: So cool about the rowing machine! :carrot: I've have wanted one for years! Let me know how that works!:smug:

Danni, get your computer fixed!! :comp: I miss hearing from you. :p I'm having to pick on Suz!! :D

I lost a pound this morning I'm down to 178!! I've got to change my ticker!

Butterfly50
02-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey kiwi that is exactley what I do. I do have a schedule I try to keep on. Like you said I do need to find something to do for a late evening snack.

I did my new Watp tape and boy it was good. I was feeling like I might not get threw it but I told my self that I was and I did so that was great.. I fell good right now... well Check inlater..

WamTam
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi all,
It was -40 this morning. Dosen't matter how we look at it it's the same in celusias as it is in fahrenheit. It's darn cold.:(
Reading these other posts about preparing for gardening i can't imagine i am so jealous!!

Well yesterday bf took me to lunch at our local deli was very embarrased and depresed There tables are those with the chairs attached:?: I guess i never really realized how big i had become until i went to sit down and barely fit... :o So was not a good day. But rather then eat like i normally would i went for a walk it helped out a bit.

Anyhow today is a better day! Thought i would share that with you all though. Anyone else experience that sort of thing?

Missindy, I hope you will be feeling better soon. We are thinking of you:hug: Take Care of yourself.

Scalewatcher, congrats you are getting there!!! But i too must ask what is OP??:?:

Kiwi down a pound :carrot: good for you! I know i was happy to lose a pound last week hope to do another 1 this week.

Gotta go back to work ladies boss will wonder why nothing is done:D
Later Tammy

Kiwi24
02-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh Tammy I know how awful you felt. I went to Disney park with my son. One of the places has this turn stile. You know what I'm talking about? One person at a time goes thru and it turns each time one person goes through. I had to go in side ways and push to get through. The 2 attendants smirked. That's such a stinken feeling. But hey, its coming off right? If you don't like what you see change it!! So that's what we are doing.

Danni Marie
03-01-2007, 07:58 AM

I am BACK!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Dang computer :tape: :tape:

Here is a good :kickbutt: for all those who need it plus a few more :kickbutt: :kickbutt:

Well I remained the same so no need to worry about me catching anyone :cry: I was totally disappointed, the only thing I did not do was my exercising :running: but heck I walk enough at work don't I :shrug: well as I get smaller :carrot: the weight takes longer to come off :yikes: But I DID NOT GAIN...:woohoo:

They say my computer is fixed :cp: I do not believe them :lol3: we will see...

Kiwi I even missed you too....:snooty: :hug:

Congrats to all who are loosing :cp: and big hugs :hug: to those who need a little more motivation...we will get to our goal weight girls...;) we will!

gotta run...hope to be online for good now...if not think of me often :queen: :lol3:

scalewatcher
03-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Kiwi and Wam-Tam - Following the WW Flex Plan it means:

OP = On Program

8GHGs each day, exercise each day, journal each day, go to meetings and weigh in weekly

Eight Good Health Guidelines

Eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits each day.
Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.
Include two servings of milk products – low fat (1%) or fat-free – each day.
Have some healthy oil (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day.
Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, or dried beans each day. Many dairy products are also good sources of protein.
Limit added sugar and alcohol.
Drink at least 6 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
Take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement each day.I hope this helps. The 8 guidelines are good to follow on any diet.

Today is a new month and a new goal for steps. My goal is to have 310,000 by April 1, 2007. I exceeded my goal in March :cp: :dancer: .

Gotta run for now.

Danni glad you are back missed you.:hug:

Kiwi24
03-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Good Morning,:wave:

I woke up today weighing 177.8!!:goodscale I'm not changing my ticker 'cause it was an iffy 177.8 But it was sooooo great to see it!!:goodvibes I'd love to weigh in Sat as 177 or better yet 176!! :dancer:

My middle son went to the emergency room last night. Looks like Kidney stones! Uggh! :( He hurt so bad.

Scalewatcher thanks for the info. I like that!:carrot: I know I read that in my book I think I will print that out and put on fridge 'cause its a good reminder to get everything in.:D

Danni I'm glad you are back.:hug: Sorry no weight loss but you are right the SMALLER you get the harder it is to get those pounds off! All that walking is making the body a muscle machine!! :running:

Its a new month so I'm thinking we should change our post again.:comp: New goals. Of course most everyone goals end April 1st but we can officially post them today again. We just had a head start!! :D ha ha

I'll make a link.:high:

Kiwi24
03-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Okay I made the new thread. This is the old one. Go find the new one!! ;)

The problem is I cannot remember how to do a link :^: .....Be quite Danni!!!! :dz: I did it before but I think something changed :dizzy: .....Stop laughing Danni!! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, if you know how to make a link from this thread so people can go to the new thread that would be great!:lol:

BE QUITE DANNI!!:rofl:

Butterfly50
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105985

Here it is

suz
03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
good morning to all
It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good I have been watchung what i eat but have not had time to exercise except for all the walking I do at work

Kiwi It was actually 4 couples from church and my Dh and I that went to the private wine and cheese party We all had a lot of fun

when I start my new job next week I will not be able to go to my exercise class as it is from 9 till 1030 so one of the ladies from the class gave me a step tape and I have a tae bo tape plus DH and I are going to start walking If i eat healthy and portion control I should be OK I hope to have lost the 2 lb I gained by Monday weigh in

take care ladies and lets all keep moving and losing suz :carrot:

scalewatcher
03-02-2007, 07:24 AM
suz- go to the new post click on the link here to get there.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105985