Exercise! - What is that log shapped thing at the gym?

02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
So I know this is a dumb question, but I'm curious as to know what those things are and their use. I thought they were styrafoam but they are hard and a little heavy. They have them by the mats and exercise balls. :shrug:

I feel silly asking anyone at the gym since I haven't seen anyone actually use one!

02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
They're foam rollers and used for self myofascial release ... a kind of self massage for knotted and tight muscles. :)

02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Self-massage -ohh, sounds nice :goodvibes Maybe I can get one of the trainers to show me how to use it!