General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #1  
March Maddness

S/C/G: 190.2/170/145

Height: 5'8

Default Bell's Palsy and a diet!

Hey guys I was just writing to see if anyone else has had Bell's Palsy? I got Bells for the first time in July on my Right side (lasted about 5 months). Then in November just as it was starting to go away, I got it on the left side. It is very very frustrating. Plus on top of it all I started a diet October and had to stop in Nov. because it was too hard to eat the right things when your face doesn't work. So in Jan. I was finally able to eat pretty well and I started it back up, but man is it hard!! But anyways I was just wondering if anyone has ever been in the same boat of having it on both sides in the same year??
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #2  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

I don't have Bells Palsey but I do have trigeminal neuralgia which affects the same nevers as Bells Palsey. With trigeminal neuralgia (also called suicide disease) you will have flare ups that can last anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of months. These flare ups cause a pins and needles type of pain in the face. Sometimes if you are eating crunchy foods like fresh veggies it will set it off, sometimes just a smile will set it off. Most people only experience it on one side of their face but I have flare ups on both sides, never at the same time, one side will flare up off and on for a while then the other side will. Right this minute it feels like someone is sticking pins in me all around my eye.

So to make this short I do know how you feel. Hope things get better for you.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #3  
Somethin's gotta give

my hubby had it on both sides (different times)-even had to have an eye taped shut- I remember him saying it was really hard to eat especially in public because of the non working side- get better soon!
Closed Thread